Going out for a jog with the twins shouldn’t be a hassle. You shouldn’t have to sacrifice your health – both physical and mental – just because you have little ones in tow. Besides, sunshine and fresh air are recommended for little ones, too.
So, how can you take out the little ones without it being too much of a headache?
With an all-terrain double stroller!
An all-terrain double stroller will be every mother’s best friend when they have multiple children. Whether they are different ages or twins, a double stroller with big wheels can help you get to where you want to go, enjoying your favorite activities while keeping your babies comfortable.
Here is a quick glance at the best all terrain double stroller options we will be looking at:
- Best Overall: BOB Gear Revolution Flex 3.0 Duallie
- Best Budget: Baby Trend Expedition Double Jogger
- Best Luxury Convertible: UPPABaby Vista V2 Stroller
- Best Portability: Baby Jogger Summit X3 Double Jogging Stroller
- Best Maneuverability: Joovy Zoom X2 Double Jogging Stroller
- Best Compact: Baby Jogger City Mini GT2 Double Stroller
- Best for Infant and Toddler: Britax B-Ready G3 Stroller
- Best Lightweight for Twins: Valco Baby Neo Twin
- Best Recline: Bumbleride Indie Twin Double Stroller
- Best Versatility: Evenflo Pivot Xplore All-Terrain Stroller Wagon
The Best All Terrain Double Stroller
It really depends on where you are taking your best stroller. Both can be useful, but both also come with their own challenges.
Most parents opt for a side by side double all-terrain stroller. Not only are they the most common, but they are a bit easier to use for the most part. The stroller folds much in the same way a single stroller does, just folding in half over itself. Storage baskets are easier to access and usually much larger. And your little ones can keep each other company since they are right next to each other.
The downside is that side by side double strollers are very wide and may not fit through all doorways or in a small car trunk.
Tandem strollers may be a bit trickier to fold sometimes and one of your little ones will have somewhat restricted leg room in the back, but it does still have its positives.
They are narrower, which means they will fit through crowds and doorways much easier than a side by side. They also may be a little easier to steer since they are about the same width as a single stroller.
If you are a parent who finds themselves walking quite a bit, taking picnics in the park, jogging, or even visiting amusement parks frequently, an off road double stroller is definitely worth it.
You will only need one person to push, which is ideal if you are going on a solo outing with the kids. And they are much smoother and – most of the time – easier to steer than standard strollers.
Double stroller means double the size (and sometimes the weight). It can be difficult to fit through crowds or even doorways with some double all terrain stroller models. Sometimes, even fitting it into your car’s trunk can be a problem.
Some all-terrain double strollers can vary slightly in size. You will want to complete your research to make sure you find one that fits your needs – and your trunk space!
For those long strolls, you want to make sure your little ones are nice and comfy. It’s no fun for anyone when they are squirming constantly because they are tired of sitting.
You will want them to have a comfortable, adjustable seat and a smooth ride in a good walking stroller so they can snooze when they need to.
Anything that your child uses that moves should have the best safety features, no matter whether it’s an infant car seat, stroller, or even a baby walker.
Every stroller should have a five-point harness to keep your little one strapped in and secure. There should also be reliable brakes, which should always be engaged when your best all terrain double stroller is stopped. A hand brake is also highly recommended for strollers used for jogging.
Other features, like large sun canopies, are also important for safety to keep your little ones cool and protected from harmful UV rays.
Some standard strollers are hard enough to maneuver when they don’t have the best wheels or weight distribution. A double stroller can be much more difficult due to the added length or width, depending on whether you have a side by side or all terrain tandem stroller.
Check the tires and suspension as well as the turn radius both with and without your children seated in it. You want to make sure you can maneuver their weight easily.
There aren’t many people who walk everywhere from their homes these days. Strollers are often kept in the car to be used when necessary on an outing.
That being said, you will want your best all terrain double stroller to be portable. This means it is quick and easy to fold as well as compact enough to fit into the trunk of your car. Weight can also be a deciding factor in this category as it will determine how easily you can transport it solo.
To go along with the other features of safety we already covered, you need your double all-terrain stroller to be stable.
This means it won’t tip over, especially when there is more weight in the back than the front. It also means it has a sturdy frame and reliable wheels for the times you are ready to go off road.
It is very important that you are aware of the weight limit your big wheel double stroller can hold. You don’t want to overload it, or unevenly load it if you have children of differing ages, and end up breaking it or causing too much strain.
Most double strollers have a 50 pound per child weight maximum, but be sure to check your specific model for their specifications.
Most babies can’t sit in a double stroller all terrain from day one. They need head support, so lying down flat is essential for safety and comfort. However, as they grow and are able to hold their heads up on their own, they will want to start sitting in a regular stroller seat.
You probably don’t want to buy a stroller for every stage your little one will go through. Convertibility is essential – you can consider checking out our Best Convertible Stroller Review for ideas.
For those longer outings, you will have a lot of things to take with you. You probably don’t want to be carrying everything on your person, so you will need storage in your best all terrain double stroller.
A large undercarriage basket is always nice to have, one that is big enough to fit diaper bags and whatnot. A parent tray with cup holders and covered compartment is also nice for those shorter outings or jogs where you only need to take a few small things with you.
When looking for a high quality stroller, you don’t need to look much further than BOB. The Flex 3.0 Duallie stroller is one of the best all terrain double strollers available right now, especially if you find yourself near the beach or just outside a lot during the summer.
The plastic wheel housing not only cuts out the frustration of unwanted flat tires, but it also helps to prevent rust and erosion that happens so often to metal housing.
You can rest assured knowing your babies are cool and protected, even in the summer heat. The mesh ventilation in the seats promotes airflow while the large canopies over each seat keep your little ones’ skin protected from the sun.
- Mesh ventilation
- Large canopy for each seat
- High-quality plastic wheel housing prevents rusting
- Decent storage options
- Adjustable handlebar
- Accessories sold separately
- Smooth ride: Suspension system & Air filled tires provide an ultra-smooth ride over any terrain
- Perfect Fit: Adjustable handlebar creates the perfect fit for parents of all heights; no-rethread harness design for easy height adjustments
- Extra space: 10 storage pockets and extra-large cargo basket provide plenty of room for your gear; includes a cell phone pocket handlebar
We all know how difficult it can be to keep to a regular fitness routine when you’ve got little ones in tow. Well, the Baby Jogger Summit X3 is one of the best all-terrain double strollers for joggers.
This stroller has been well thought out with the jogger in mind. The single front wheel locks straight to provide additional stability and safety when jogging. The hand brake allows you to regulate speed easily, especially when you are going downhill.
And most importantly, your children will be comfortable as they join you for your jog. The seats are adjustable and there is even a center support bar between them to prevent your children from falling into each other while you are running.
- Hand and foot brake for additional safety
- Increased ventilation
- Center support bar to keep children safe and separated
- Excellent choice for joggers
- Single front wheel for better steering
- Accessories sold separately
- Storage basket is small
- Patented quick fold technology allows you to fold your double jogging stroller in one step
- 16 inches rear and 12 inches front air filled tires with front wheel lock mounted on the handlebar for easy conversions between jogger and stroller mode
- All wheel suspension system soaks up road bumps and hand operated rear drum brakes give better control on hilly or uneven terrain
For those longer outings, you want to make sure your little one stays nice and comfy as they ride along. Why not let them sit in the lap of luxury with the UPPABaby Vista V2 stroller.
At first glance, it may not look like the other double all-terrain strollers we’ve been looking at. However, the options are nearly endless with this best all terrain double stroller.
It is highly convertible. Included is an infant bassinet, which will allow your little one to lie down safely on their back for a nice cozy snooze. It may only come with one toddler seat, but this stroller is expandable. You can get a matching UPPABaby RumbleSeat, which allows two toddlers to ride, or you can attach the PiggyBack board for older ones who like to walk but may need a little break once in a while.
- Includes bay bassinet
- Smooth riding tires
- Multiple recline positions
- Extra large storage basket
- Very expensive
- Attachments for double riding sold separately
- Enjoy a softer ride pushing one child (or three!) over any ground surface thanks to a new spring-action all-wheel suspension and slightly softer tires.
- Extended canopies on the toddler seat and RumbleSeat accessory include zip out fabric that provide even more shade from the sun. Mesh panels also make it easy to peek in while adding airflow.
- A higher back and deeper foot rest on the toddler seat provide added comfort for growing children
Looking for a stroller that allows your little one to lie down nearly flat that’s also easy to adjust? The Bumbleride Indie Twin double stroller may be just what you are looking for.
This double stroller with rubber tires offers a smooth ride with the lightweight aluminum frame, all-wheel suspension, and air-filled tires that absorb every bump along the way. It’s a little different from a jogging stroller since there are two wheels in the front, but this does help evenly distribute your little ones’ weight.
One of the really nice things about this stroller is that it can easily be adjusted to accommodate your infant. The footrest converts the toddler seat into infant mode, which will keep even your littlest ones safe and secure.
- Footrests adjust into infant mode
- Air-filled tires and all-wheel suspension for a smooth ride
- Recline adjusts easily with one hand
- Extra large storage basket
- Oversized canopies for sun protection and zip-offs for airflow
- Very expensive
- Not very spacious for older toddlers
No products found.
Not all double all-terrain strollers need to be big and bulky. You can find some sleek best all terrain double stroller models like the Baby Jogger City Mini GT2, which might surprise you by how compact it folds for a double stroller.
It offers such a smooth ride for your little ones with forever air rubber tires and great all-wheel suspension. No need to worry about unwanted flats and a bumpy ride. It’s also comfortable for the pusher with the adjustable handlebar that accommodates parents of all heights.
There are plenty of other accessories you can get to go with this stroller, including the double pram, glider board, parent console, child tray, and more. Just keep in mind that each of these things is sold separately.
- Forever air rubber tires and all-wheel suspension for a smooth ride
- Adjustable handlebar
- Hand operated parking brake for additional safety
- Reclines to near flat position
- Full coverage UV 50 canopies
- All accessories sold separately
- Difficult to adjust recline with one hand
- Forever air rubber tires with all-wheel suspension provide uncompromised agility on any terrain
- Lift both in-seat straps and the city mini GT2 double stroller folds itself quickly and easily
- Adjustable handlebar and hand-operated parking brake provide comfortable steering and control.Do not use bleach, solvents or abrasive cleaning materials
At first glance, the Britax B-Ready G3 stroller may not look like an all-terrain double stroller. However, with a few simple adjustments, you can easily add an extra seat to this stroller to fit both of your children.
There are 12 seating options with this stroller. It is compatible with all Britax and BOB car seats. You also have the option to attach one or two bassinets and pair the stroller with the extra seat to make it double.
- More affordable than comparable models
- Folds easily even with 2 two seats attached
- Compatible with Britax and BOB car seats
- Double stroller mode is just as maneuverable as single mode
- Oversized storage basket
- Requires separate seat purchase to use with two children
- Doesn’t have great suspension
- Versatile design, no flat rubber tires, and double seating with the same mobility as a single stroller
- Quick fold with 1 or 2 seats attached; 12 seating options when paired with the B Ready Bassinet, Britax Infant Car Seats, or B Ready Second Seat (all sold separately)
- Travel System ready: compatible with all Britax and BOB infant car seats
Bikes are known for their smooth ride over various types of terrain thanks to the air-filled, oversized tires. And what’s good for a bike has got to be good for a stroller, right?
The Joovy Zoom X2 double jogging stroller is a great double stroller with big wheels. These wheels help you maneuver better as well as give your little ones a smoother ride. The front wheel also locks, making it safe for you to jog with this stroller.
- Very lightweight stroller for two
- Extra large air-filled tires
- Front tire locks for jogging safety
- Includes an air pump and parent organizer
- Seats recline nearly flat
- Difficult to fit through standard doorways
- Hard to fit into a small car trunk
- Weighs just 28 lbs
- Extra-large air-filled tires with a locking and swiveling front Tire for a smooth ride
- Includes parent organizer
All-terrain double strollers are very heavy. You’ve got those heavy-duty tires, rugged frame, and two seats weighing it (and you) down. The Valco Baby Neo Twin stroller has solved the problem, finding a way to be both lightweight and rugged.
This stroller only weighs 27 pounds, a number almost completely unheard of when it comes to double strollers. It also folds down fairly compact, so you can fit it into any car trunk.
The seats are nearly tied for first when it comes to the best features of this stroller. They are completely independent when you go to adjust them. That means they recline separately, have separate sun shades, and even come equipped with their own individual lap bars and foot rests.
- Lightweight at only 27 pounds
- Fully independent adjustable seats
- Automatic lock when folding
- Easy to fold
- Compact enough to fit into a car trunk
- Minimal storage
- Frame tips easily when no weight in the seat
No products found.
The Evenflo Pivot Xplore stroller is quite unique in its design. It’s more of a wagon than a traditional stroller. It’s a great double stroller with rubber wheels that gives you a bit of versatility when it comes to how you push (or pull) your children.
You can use this stroller for both your toddler and newborn with the optional car seat adapter from Evenflo. The all-terrain wheels are truly all-terrain. You can even pull this nifty wagon right over the beach with little to no problem.
- Has the option to push or pull
- Plenty of storage space all around and underneath
- Shared child tray with cup holders
- All-terrain wheels never lose air
- Separate canopies for both sides of the stroller
- Not safe for tall toddlers
- Canopies are rather short
- Push or pull, decide on the fly. It’s easy to adapt your ride with a flip of the handle
- All-terrain wheels give you the freedom to go from pavement to beach and beyond
- Canopies with UPF 50+ help shield your child from the sun’s harmful rays
Sometimes all-terrain strollers just aren’t in the budget range, especially when you are looking for one with two seats. Thankfully, Baby Trend has made the Expedition, one of the best budget all-terrain strollers.
The price point on this stroller is just right for the budget conscious family. You can get those coveted all-terrain wheels and maneuverable stroller frame without breaking the bank.
You also get quite a few storage options with this stroller as well. The undercarriage basket is a decent size, big enough to hold just what you need for the day’s outing. There is also a parent tray with cup holder and covered compartment for your smaller items.
Not only that but this best all terrain double stroller has mesh pockets on each of the children’s seats to keep their snacks and little toys close by.
- Decent storage space
- Single step foot brake
- Parent tray with cup holder and covered compartment
- Multi-position recline seats
- Takes up a lot of space in the trunk
- Single canopy over both seats
- Multi-position reclining seats are independently adjustable to keep each child comfortable
- Five-point safety harnesses ensure a safe trip. Maximum Height: 42 inches. To clean use only mild household soap or detergent and warm water on a sponge or clean cloth
- Ratcheting canopy shields your little ones from the elements, while the peekaboo window allows you to keep an eye on each child with ease
Each of these strollers is a great choice for parents of all types. However, if we had to make our top recommendation, it would definitely be the BOB Gear Revolution Flex 3.0 Duallie Double Jogging Stroller.
It hits everything that is most important on our checklist. It is a safe stroller from a very well-known and reliable brand. It can be used with infant car seats, is fully adjustable on both seats, and offers a smooth ride. It can even be used for jogging if you desire.
Yes, it is a little bit pricey, but it is well worth the investment knowing you will be getting something that lasts.
Do you have the same favorite pick too, or do you have a different go-to double stroller? Share your thoughts with us in the comments – we’d love to hear from you!
Last update on 2021-06-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API