Ah, the walking milestone…many parents anxiously await their baby’s first steps. But as they start to use those wobbly little legs, you will realize they need lots and lots of practice. One way to gently encourage them towards this developmental achievement is to push and walk toys for babies.
A fun and interactive baby toy such as a push toy walker can have them cruising around the house and strengthening those cute and chubby legs. Our favorite pick is the Bright Starts Giggling Gourmet Shop ‘n Cook Walker for its fun features and sturdy built, but go through our other best options to find the ideal one for your baby!
23 Top Picks of Best Baby Push Toy Walker
During infancy, tummy time on baby play mats is deemed crucial for baby’s development but as they grow older, the ability to start walking will be slowly become the new focus. This is where a baby walker comes in rather handy.
There are a few ways in which a baby push walker development comes about from walker usage. Baby walkers help your little one build confidence by providing necessary support as they are learning to walk. Additionally, they can increase your child’s strength and balance by allowing them to teeter along happily. Push toys for babies can help them practice their coordination as they are able to stay upright for longer.
While cruising using furniture is fine, a push toy walker gives them more time to practice their new walking skills while exploring their surroundings. By using a pushing cart for babies, their surroundings can be inside or outside as they aren’t reliant on a couch or table to stand up.
However, the experience will only be as good as the product allows. Therefore, there are some criteria for choosing the best push toys for your little one.
As with most baby products, your choices of walk behind toys for babies are endless. You don’t have to be too concerned with finding an age-appropriate push toy walker. Most pushcarts can be used with many different ages and stages.
Young ones can sit in front of their interactive panels, older babies can use them to practice walking, and older children will like them for imaginative play.
Here are a few attributes to look out for a push toy walker:
Sturdiness: perhaps one of the most important things is the toy’s durability and sturdiness. You want the cart to be strong enough to support your little one. This is especially true for those just learning to walk. You certainly don’t want the push toy walker toppling over every time your baby tries to use it.
Play Options: the pushcart can also come with a variety of interactive features or ways to play. Depending on your child’s age, you may want a push toy walker that helps to develop fine motor skills or teaches colors and shapes. Others are very simple but could be used by older children playing pretend store. The main feature of a walk-behind toy should be that your tot can use it to push and practice walking, but other included baby activities are a wonderful bonus.
Height: we parents know how difficult it can be to push a stroller of awkward height. Now imagine that while learning to walk! You want to ensure that the walk-behind toy is the proper height to be supportive for your baby. Models with adjustable heights are very beneficial.
Wheels: some friction is good, too much is bad. The wheels should allow the push toy walker to roll smoothly across carpet or hardwoods. But not too fast so that the toy rolls away from your child. Check the size and what they’re made of.
Safety: some pushcarts have brakes. Others have mechanisms that allow parents to control the cart speed. Learning to walk is an exciting but slightly dangerous milestone, try to find a push toy walker that will make the experience safer.
Hopefully, these guidelines will lead you to the best walking toys for babies but we also have a few examples to get you started.
1. Melissa & Doug Chomp & Clack Alligator Push Toy
A very popular choice, the Melissa & Doug Chomp & Clack Alligator Push Toy is unique in that it is a wooden push toy walker that makes a clacking sound, reminiscent of vintage toys. It is quite sturdy and exceedingly durable.
- Low and broad base makes it difficult to tip over
- Makes “clacking” noise as baby walks
- Doesn’t require batteries
- Has only a few interactive features
- Wood can splinter unlike plastic
- WOODEN WALKER WITH ENGAGING ACTIVITIES: The Melissa & Doug Chomp & Clack Alligator Push Toy is a wooden activity walker for babies on the move. It features three chomping alligators, fish on the wheels, and spinning butterfly and ladybug beads.
- STURDY CONSTRUCTION AND CRAFTSMANSHIP: Our alligator push toy is made with high- quality materials and assembled to precision manufacturing standards. This keeps it safe for children 12 months and older to use.
- MAKES SOUNDS WHEN MOVED: This child push toy makes a gentle clacking noise when it is pushed. This cheerful toy encourages gross and fine motor skills while developing hand-eye coordination.
2. PlanToys Active Play Baby Walker
The PlanToys Active Play Baby Walker does double duty in that it includes blocks and a building surface all while being a push walker. It will help your little one develop both their gross and fine motor skills in a playful fashion.
- Adjustable handle suits different heights
- Includes twenty-four colored and natural wooden blocks
- Doesn’t require batteries
- Rubber wheels may scuff hardwood floors
- Squat base puts weight in front, making it easy to tip backward
- Some found it difficult to assemble
- A Traditional Baby Walker To Help Young Children Take Their First Steps
- Specially Designed Handle Can Be Adjusted To Different Heights And Stiffness For Stability And Child Safety
- Includes 24 Colored And Natural Blocks
3. Delta Children First Exploration 2-in-1 Activity Walker
It may be a bit bulky, but the Delta Children First Exploration 2-in-1 Activity Walker transitions from a sit-in walker to a push walker. It also includes an interactive play panel. Once your child has overcome their first steps, they can be transitioned out of the seat and instead use the walker as a pushcart.
- Two functions in one
- Machine washable fabrics
- Adjustable height
- Able to fold up nicely for storage
- Very bulky as a pushcart, does not maneuver well
- Small wheels don’t work well on carpet
- Back wheels are stationary so little ones often can’t turn
- 2 IN 1 DESIGN: Transitions from an activity walker to a walk behind walker; RECOMMENDED USE: For children up to 25 pounds; less than 30 inch tall; only use walk behind feature when your child is able to walk on their own
- ULTRA COMPACT: walker folds flat for easy transport or storage; ACTIVITY TRAY: Entertain baby with fun developmental toys and music; Toy tray easily removes to provide clear space to eat (Toy tray requires two AA batteries, not included)
- MACHINE WASHABLE: Chair cover is removable and machine washable for easy clean up; ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT: Three position height adjustment offers the right height as Baby grows
4. iPlay, iLearn Baby Sit to Stand Walkers Toys
A highly versatile model, the iPlay, iLearn Baby Sit to Stand Walkers Toys is a three-in-one play center. It converts from a pushcart to an activity table, to a drawing pad. It has plenty of features to keep your little one engaged and is supportive enough to assist them with walking.
- Includes many play options and toys that light up and have sound
- The wheels include grips to prevent slipping on bare floors
- The panel includes a sensor that activates with movement to encourage walking
- Height is not adjustable
- Lightweight and may tip easily
- Activity Table - Game Center can identify scenes and animals while stimulating and developing motor skills and intelligence for newborn boys & girls. 9-12M
- Walker - Easy walker encourages first steps & invites babies to keep moving with inspiring music. 12-18M
- Drawing & Writing Board - Kids can draw, stamp, or just scribble on the board; encouraging their imaginations to create more fun with this magnetic doodle board. 18-36M
5. VTech Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker
The VTech Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker is chock full of sounds, music, and activities for your baby. Not to mention it is a sturdy and well-made pushcart that grows with your little one from nine months to three years.
- Plays over 70 songs, sounds, and phrases
- Removable activity panel for travel or floor play
- Wheels lock to slow down your baby
- When the wheels are unlocked the pushcart rolls quite quickly
- Depletes batteries very quickly
- Interactive learning baby Walker has a removable play panel; frustration free packaging means it comes in a plain brown box
- Early learning center has 5 piano keys that play music and encourage creativity; wheels work on carpeted and hard floors
- Features 2 colorful spinning rollers, 3 shape sorters, and 3 light-up buttons that develop motor skills
6. Radio Flyer Classic Walker Wagon, Sit to Stand Toddler Toy
The Radio Flyer Classic Walker Wagon, Sit to Stand Toddler Toy has quite a long lifespan. It can be used by beginning walkers and older children alike. Featuring a wagon design it is made of natural wood, perfect for wobbly babies and rough and tumble toddlers.
- Side panels of the wagon are removable
- Wheels have a resist feature to slow babies down and build confidence
- Includes a furniture bumper in front to prevent dents and dings
- No interactive features
- Not solid wood
- BABY PUSH WALKER: The Classic Walker Wagon has resistance clickers to allow beginners to build confidence and balance. The resistance clickers prevent the product from moving too quickly
- FURNITURE BUMPER: The furniture friendly bumper protects your home while beginners learn to walk. This round bumper will prevent scratches or wall damage
- TOY STORAGE: The Classic Walker Wagon doubles as a toy box. Your toddler can store their favorite toys for imaginative play indoors or bring them with on walking adventures
7. Hape Wonder Walker Push and Pull Toddler Walking Toy
The Hape Wonder Walker Push and Pull Toddler Walking Toy is award-winning and for good reason. It is enjoyable for playful little ones without using lights or sounds. This wooden wagon-style toy has colorful gears, knobs, and colors.
- Easy to grasp push handle
- Sturdy wooden design
- Rubber rimmed wheels are easy on floors while providing slight resistance
- Not heavy enough for most babies to pull up on
- Difficult to assemble
- A bit bulky in size
- Moveable knobs, gears, and colorful balls offer five different activities
- Develops coordination and fine motor skills
- Carefully designed rubber-trimmed setback wheels will protect floors
8. VTech Pop-a-Balls Push and Pop Bulldozer
The VTech Pop-a-Balls Push and Pop Bulldozer is reminiscent of classic pop-a-ball toys but with a new twist. The bulldozer design is fun and engaging, popping out balls as the baby pushes it. It also includes buttons to teach basics like numbers.
- Sounds and songs that are motion activated encourage movement
- Easy to grip chunky handle
- Durable and high-quality toy
- Height isn’t adjustable
- Not heavy or sturdy for pulling up to stand
- Balls are engaging but may be a pain to chase around the house
- Push the handle to roll the red bulldozer across the floor and watch it pop balls out of the chimney into the bucket
- Press the buttons to learn colors, numbers, phrases and music
- Roll the bulldozer and trigger motion sensors to listen to fun tunes and songs on the move stimulating attention and coordination
9. HABA Walker Wagon
This toy is a pushcart and seat all in one, perfect for those with a sibling. The HABA Walker Wagon is a wooden wagon that has a handlebar for pushing as well as a seat and storage. The durable silicone wheels allow it to be used inside or out.
- Doubles as a pram for siblings, dolls, or toys
- Wheel friction can be adjusted to modify the speed
- Long-lasting and durable
- Size is a bit hefty and consumes a lot of spaceNo interactive features
- Wheels may rotate out screws which could be a hazardSize is a bit hefty and consumes a lot of space
No products found.
10. Bright Starts 3 Ways to Play Walker – Ford Mustang
This fun toy resembles a classic Ford Mustang. The Bright Starts 3 Ways to Play Walker – Ford Mustang may be used like other push toys for babies learning to walk or as a walker. It adjusts to three different height levels to accommodate your baby as they grow.
- Rubber feet that brake for added safety
- Has sounds, lights, and a fun mock steering wheel
- Steer wheel and activity center are removable for travel or floor play
- Car design may make it too heavy to roll on carpets
- Even the lowest height setting is too tall for some childrenSize is a bit hefty and consumes a lot of space
- Three modes of play allow this lifelike Ford Mustang walker to grow with baby
- Two can play at once with the normal walker mode and push behind mode
- Safety enhanced with rubber feet that "brake"
11. Delta Children Jeep Classic Wrangler 3-in-1 Grow with Me Walker
The Delta Children Jeep Classic Wrangler 3-in-1 Grow with Me Walker is another fun push toy walker for car enthusiasts and their kids. It can be used as a walker, a pushcart, or remove the interactive panel for on-the-go fun.
- Jeep play panel can be removed from the walker to become a rolling car complete with a toy compartment
- Walker height is adjustable
- The fabric seat is comfortable and washable
- Includes brake system
- Front wheels may be difficult to turn
- Hard to use on thick or plush carpetsSize is a bit hefty and consumes a lot of space
- Recommended use: Up to 25 pounds; Less than 30 tall | Adjustable seat height allows the walker to grow with your child | 3-in-1 design converts from baby walker mode into push-behind mode and a rolling toy car mode with toy storage
- For die-hard jeep fans: This 3-in-1 activity walker resembles the classic wrangler with its seven-slot grille, round headlamps and flat fender flares
- Interactive features: Toy tray features steering wheel that turns left to right and makes realistic horn and engine sounds, turn signals light up (requires 2 AA batteries, not included), remove the toy tray to reveal a roomy snack tray
12. Kolcraft Tiny Steps 2-in-1 Infant & Baby Activity Walker
This petite 2-in-1 is perfect for little tots. The Kolcraft Tiny Steps 2-in-1 Infant & Baby Activity Walker transitions from a walker to a pushcart all in keeping with a slim design.
- Height is adjustable
- Foam seat is supportive and comfortable
- The base has skid-resistant pads to slow down walking speed
- Includes toys and activities with textures and sounds
- Front wheels are plastic and can become sticky on bare floors
- Rear wheels don’t swivel and turning may be difficult
- 2-STAGES TO GROW WITH CHILD -- 2 stages that grow with child from infant to toddler - Stage 1: Seated activity walker; Stage 2: Walk-behind walker.
- DEVELOPMENTAL ACTIVITIES -- Toys include upright flower mirror toy with crinkle petals and textured stem, spinning toy for batting play and bead bar for motor skill development. Toy loops for attaching baby’s favorite toys
- HEIGHT ADJSTABLE - Height-adjustable seat grows with baby.
13. Little Tikes Push and Ride Racer
The Little Tikes Push and Ride Racer is different from other pushcarts. It is a rolling car more so than a cart yet it still functions well as a baby walker. Additionally, older toddlers will love riding on the car, extending the usefulness of the item.
- Durable design
- Can be used indoors or outdoors
- Can accommodate children up to fifty pounds
- No interactive features
- Difficult to turn
- Not ideal for plush carpets
- A riding toy and walker in one. Toddlers can ride themselves or use kid-sized push bar as a push toy or car
- Use this durable, kid powered, foot to floor ride on indoors or outdoors
- Low seat makes it easy for toddler to get on and off
14. Skip Hop Kids 3-in-1 Baby Activity Walker & Ride On Scooter Wagon Toy
The Skip Hop Kids 3-in-1 Baby Activity Walker & Ride On Scooter Wagon Toy has three different modes and easily one of the longest use lifespans. It transitions from a walker with a toy wagon, to a ride on car, to a stand on scooter. On top of all this, it even includes a headlight that plays sounds and songs.
- Adjustable handle for walker and scooter modes
- Can be used indoors or outdoors
- Works well on carpet or hard floors
- No wheel slowing mechanism
- The handlebar doesn’t turn
- Not very heavy so may tip in walker mode
- Designed to grow with your little one for three stages of fun, skip hop’s cute and colorful ride-on toy offers an entertaining way to encourage motor skills development, balance and coordination at playtime
- Stage 1: Walker/wagon mode captivates early walkers when learning to walk and allows them to push and pull favorite toys along
- Stage 2: wagon converts to seat for ride-on mode and is great for toddlers learning Foot-to-floor motion
More best baby walkers for carpet: 8 Awesome Best Baby Walker for Carpet
15. Bright Starts Giggling Gourmet Shop ‘n Cook Walker
The Bright Starts Giggling Gourmet Shop ‘n Cook Walker has an astounding four modes of play. It makes a sturdy walker, or remove the top for floor play or to create a standing play center, finally, it can become a shopping cart.
- The activity center has lots of interactive features and sounds
- Wide wheelbase perfect for beginning walkers
- Back wheels can lock
- Wheels don’t grip bare floors very well
- Lightweight so babies may have a difficult time pulling up to stand without it toppling over
- 4 modes of play to grow with baby: sit & play removable cook top; stand & play activity table; push & walk behind; and remove cook top for shopping cart
- Popcorn really pops when baby walks or pushes button
- Light up button causes sizzling Cooking sounds
16. Little Balance Box 2-in-1
Perhaps one of the most simplistic is the Little Balance Box 2-in-1. Designed like a table, this wooden pushcart doesn’t use wheels but spring-loaded feet. The top includes a tray for toys or snacks.
- Sturdy wood design
- Spring-loaded coaster feet glide over many different floor surfaces
- Can be used as a toddler activity or snack table
- Can be a little tippy for those learning to stand
- No interactive features
- No Wheels - spring loaded feet move up and down, allows it to glide safely over carpet, tile and wood floors.
- Recommended Use - when a baby can balance and independently pull to standing.
- Ecofriendly Design - Made from lightweight bamboo, BPA and PVC Free! Dual function as a toddle table!
17. Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Smart Stages Learn
The Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Smart Stages Learn emphasizes learning. This push walker plays over 75 sounds and phrases teaching everything from Spanish to numbers. Your little one can sit and play when they need a rest.
- Two modes of play, a push walker or sit with the interactive panel
- Easy to grab handle
- Simple to assemble
- Compact enough for small spaces
- Wheels don’t have a resistance option
- Rolls very quickly over bare floors
- Height doesn’t adjust
- Musical infant walking toy with 2 ways to play as baby grows: sit & play or stand & walk!
- 75+ songs, sounds and phrases introduce the alphabet, shapes, colors, numbers and Spanish words
- Easy-grasp handle helps steady baby’s first steps, plus
7 hands-on activities including light-up piano keys and nose, roller, spinner, flip page and more
18. labebe – Baby Walker Toy
The Iabebe- Baby Walker Toy is a cute wooden elephant wagon. The four wheels make it perfect for pushing by either beginning walkers or toddlers.
- Can be used outside or inside
- Rubber ring on wheels offers some resistance
- Made of sturdy wood
- Height of handle does not adjust
- ♟ 100% Satisfaction Guarantee♟ - Any question please feel free to contact us, we are committed to providing you with satisfactory solutions. Wood and paints material of our walkers used are strict to Toys Safety Standards EN-71 CE in Europe and ASTM F963 in US.
- ♟ Certified Safe Material & Quality♟ - Every product has undergone strict packaging. If you find some parts are missing or incorrect, please contact our customer service team to resend for you. Any questions please contact us, and we will provide you with a satisfacted solution. Wood and paints material of our walkers used are strict to Toys Safety Standards EN-71 CE in Europe and ASTM F963 in US. We guarantee you 30 days money back with no question asked.
- 🐘 Carefully Designed Rubber Ring & Broad Base 🐘 - With rubber ring will your floor be protected, without wear and tear. Besides, with rubber ring your baby can control its walking speed easily. Broad wooden base with 4 wheels makes this walker more capable of helping baby keep balance, thus they gain more confidence while learning. Usually, it can be well used as a baby activity walker, baby outdoor&indoor walker for girl👧&boy👦. But please keep your baby stay away from steps and pool.
19. cossy Wooden Baby Learning Walker Toddler Toys
A fun and versatile wagon the cossy Wooden Baby Learning Walker Toddler Toys is a pushcart that includes wooden building blocks. Great for little ones or older children.
- Wheels include rubber for safety on bare floors
- Includes 34 colorful blocks of different shapes
- Not very sturdy or weighted if your baby uses it to stand
- No interactive features with lights or sounds
- LOVELY DESIGN—Wooden walker push toy can help your babies practice walking. The walker is a cute fox modeling. It has 34 brightly colored blocks.
- SPECIAL WHEELS—Carefully designed rubber-trimmed setback wheels will protect floors and produce a smaller sound.
- HIGH QUALITY—Our wooden baby walker is made of high-quality wood, firm and durable. This keeps it safe for babies.
20. Fisher-Price Bubble Mower
The Fisher-Price Bubble Mower is a great pushcart for the outdoors. It has fun bubbles and a realistic sound so your baby can be just like mom or dad!
- Rolls easily over grass
- Durable plastic for the outdoors
- Produces lots of bubbles
- Height of handle cannot be adjusted
- The reservoir may leak bubbles so not recommended for the indoors
21. Best Choice Products Kids 3-in-1 Push and Pedal Car Toddler Ride On
The Best Choice Products Kids 3-in-1 Push and Pedal Car Toddler Ride On is a cool car perfect for riding or pushing. This push toy walker even has interactive car sounds and songs.
- Backrest and side rails are very supportive when riding
- Under-seat storage
- The car can be pushed by an adult with the handle or by a child using the backrest handleshine
- Wheels may not turn easily over some types of terrain
- May be too small for some childrenconsumes a lot of space
- 3-IN-1: Designed to stay with your little one through all stages of their walking development by transforming from stroller to walker to push-car
- SAFETY FEATURES: Designed to protect your loved one throughout their ride; side rails keep them from falling out and the backboard prevents the car from flipping
- STORAGE COMPARTMENT: Seat doubles as a carrying space for favorite toys, snacks, or whatever treasures your child finds on their adventures
22. HABA Walk & Roll Auto Stroller
The HABA Walk & Roll Auto Stroller this cute stroller is heavy-duty for beginning walkers and has a cute plush seat when they need to take a rest.
- Adjustable handlebar
- Removable and washable seat pad
- Very sturdy
- A little on the small side
- No interactive features
No products found.
23. WowWee Pinkfong Baby Shark Melody Walker
If your little one loves baby shark, then the WowWee Pinkfong Baby Shark Melody Walker is the toy for them! Your little one will be encouraged to move with the motion sensor that plays fun songs each time they walk along.
- Two ways to play, as a pushcart or sitting in front of the interactive panels
- Cute design
- Wheels may not roll well over plush carpet
- Sound is a little quiet
- Your toddler will love this Baby Shark Melody Walker to walk around or sit and play!
- When your child stops walking, the Baby Shark Song will stop to encourage them to take their next steps. Once they're rolling again, the song will resume.
- Buttons light up & play songs! 5 buttons included that each play a different song (including the full-length Baby Shark song)
Happily Cruising Along
There are so many options when it comes to finding the best push toys for babies. It can be hard to choose one that is safe, interactive, and suits your child developmentally. Our top pick though is the Bright Starts Giggling Gourmet Shop ‘n Cook Walker. It functions very well as a sturdy pushcart. But beyond that, it has three additional ways to play, including as a shopping cart which older children will love for imaginative play.
Finding the perfect baby pushcart shouldn’t be hard with all the wonderful choices. Pick one that will keep your baby engaged and you will be watching them cruise about in no time!
Last update on 2021-05-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API