Ah, the walking milestone…many parents anxiously await their baby’s first steps. But as they start to use those wobbly little legs, you will realize they need lots and lots of practice.
One way to gently encourage them towards this developmental achievement is through push and walk toys for babies.
A fun and interactive baby toy such as a push toy walker can have them cruising around the house and strengthening those cute and chubby legs.
Read on to find our selection of the 23 best baby push walker products on the market!
- Will a Walker Really Help?
- The 5 Best Push Walkers Summarised!
- Our 23 Top Picks of Best Baby Push Walkers
- 1. Melissa & Doug Chomp & Clack Alligator Push Toy
- 2. PlanToys Active Play Baby Walker
- 3. Delta Children First Exploration 2-in-1 Activity Walker
- 4. iPlay, iLearn Baby Sit to Stand Walkers Toys
- 5. VTech Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker
- 6. Radio Flyer Classic Walker Wagon, Sit to Stand Toddler Toy
- 7. Hape Wonder Walker Push and Pull Toddler Walking Toy
- 8. VTech Pop-a-Balls Push and Pop Bulldozer
- 9. HABA Walker Wagon
- 10. Bright Starts 3 Ways to Play Walker – Ford Mustang
- 11. Delta Children Jeep Classic Wrangler 3-in-1 Grow with Me Walker
- 12. Kolcraft Tiny Steps 2-in-1 Infant & Baby Activity Walker
- 13. Little Tikes Push and Ride Racer
- 14. Skip Hop Kids 3-in-1 Baby Activity Walker & Ride On Scooter Wagon Toy
- 15. Bright Starts Giggling Gourmet Shop ‘n Cook Walker
- 16. Little Balance Box 2-in-1
- 17. Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Smart Stages Learn
- 18. labebe – Baby Walker Toy
- 19. cossy Wooden Baby Learning Walker Toddler Toys
- 20. Fisher-Price Bubble Mower
- 21. Best Choice Products Kids 3-in-1 Push and Pedal Car Toddler Ride On
- 22. HABA Walker Wagon
- 23. WowWee Pinkfong Baby Shark Melody Walker
- What to Consider When Looking for a Walker
- Happily Cruising Along
During infancy, tummy time on baby play mats is deemed crucial for baby’s physical development. However, as they grow older, the ability to start walking will be slowly become the new focus. This is where baby walkers come in rather handy.
There are a few ways in which a baby push walker development comes about from walker usage.
Baby walkers help your little one build confidence by providing necessary support for new walkers learning about walking. Additionally, they can increase your child’s strength, balance and confidence by allowing them to teeter along happily.
Push toys for babies can help foster and practice coordination as they are able to stay upright for longer.
While cruising using furniture is generally considered fine, a baby push walker provides more time for practicing new walking skills while exploring the surroundings. By using a pushing cart for babies, the surroundings can be inside or outside as they aren’t reliant on a couch or small table to stand up.
However, the experience will only be as good as the product allows – which is precisely why we tested 23 best of the best options there are for parents – and of course your blooming little one learning to walk!
The 5 Best Push Walkers Summarised!
1. Melissa & Doug Chomp & Clack Alligator Push Toy
A very popular choice, the Melissa & Doug Chomp & Clack Alligator is unique in that it is a wooden push walker that makes a clacking sound, reminiscent of vintage baby toys. It is quite sturdy and exceedingly durable.
- Low and broad base makes it difficult to tip over
- Makes “clacking” noise as baby walks
- Doesn’t require batteries
- Has only a few interactive features
- Wood can splinter unlike plastic
- Parents found the product to be of poor quality
2. PlanToys Active Play Baby Walker
The PlanToys Active Play Baby Walker does double duty in that it includes blocks and a building surface all while being a push walker. It will help your little one develop both their fine and gross motor skills in a playful fashion.
It can even double as a Montessori toy for babies to help foster the growth of various milestones!
- Adjustable and sturdy handle suits different heights
- Includes twenty-four colored and natural wooden blocks
- Doesn’t require batteries
- Rubber wheels may scuff hardwood floor surface
- Squat base puts weight in front, making it easy to tip backward
- Some found it not easy to assemble
3. Delta Children First Exploration 2-in-1 Activity Walker
It may be a bit bulky, but the Delta Children First Exploration 2-in-1 Walker transitions from a sit-in walker to a push walker. It also includes an interactive panel. Once your child has overcome their first steps, they can be transitioned out of the seat and instead use the walker as a pushcart.
- Two functions in one
- Machine washable fabrics
- Adjustable height
- Able to fold up nicely for storage
- Very bulky as a pushcart, does not maneuver well
- Small wheels don’t work well on carpet or hard flooring
- Back wheels are stationary so little ones often can’t turn
4. iPlay, iLearn Baby Sit to Stand Walkers Toys
A highly versatile model, the iPlay, iLearn Baby Sit to Stand Walkers Toys is a three-in-one play center. It converts from a pushcart to an activity table, to a drawing board. It has plenty of features to keep your little one engaged and is supportive enough to assist them with walking.
- Includes many play options and toys that light up and have sound
- The wheels include sturdy grips and rounded edges to prevent slipping on bare floors
- The panel includes a sensor that activates with movement to encourage walking
- Height is not adjustable for little hands
- Lightweight and may tip easily
5. VTech Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker
The VTech Walker is chock full of sounds, fun music, and activities for your baby. Not to mention it is a sturdy and well-made pushcart that grows with your little one from nine months to three years.
- Plays over 70 songs, sounds, and encouraging phrases to keep baby entertained
- Removable activity panel for travel or floor play
- Wheels lock to slow down your baby
- When the wheels are unlocked the pushcart rolls quite quickly
- Depletes batteries very quickly
6. Radio Flyer Classic Walker Wagon, Sit to Stand Toddler Toy
The Radio Flyer Classic Walker Wagon, Sit to Stand Toddler Toy has quite a long lifespan. It can be used by beginning walkers and older children alike thanks to it ‘resist push’ furniture-friendly bumper feature!
Featuring a wagon design it is made of natural real wood, perfect for wobbly babies, rough and also tumble babies and toddlers.
- Removable wooden stake sides panels
- Wheels have a ‘resist push’ feature to slow babies down and build confidence
- Includes a furniture bumper in front to prevent dents and dings
- No interactive features
- Not solid wood
7. Hape Wonder Walker Push and Pull Toddler Walking Toy
The Hape Wonder Walker Push and Pull Toddler Walking Toy is award-winning and for good reason. It is enjoyable for playful little ones without using flashing lights, fun music or sounds. This wooden wagon-style toy has colorful turning gears, knobs, and fun colors.
- Easy to grasp push handle
- Sturdy wooden design makes it a good candidate to be used in a Montessori playroom
- Rubber trimmed wheels are easy on floors while providing slight resistance
- Not heavy enough for most babies to pull up on
- Difficult to assemble
- A bit bulky in size
8. VTech Pop-a-Balls Push and Pop Bulldozer
The VTech Pop-a-Balls Push and Pop Bulldozer is reminiscent of classic pop-a-ball toys but with a new twist. The bulldozer design makes it an overall fun and engaging educational toy at the same time, with popping out balls as the baby pushes it. It also includes buttons to teach basics like numbers.
- Sounds and songs that are motion activated encourage movement
- Easy and sturdy grip chunky handle
- Durable and high-quality toy with educational content
- Height isn’t adjustable
- Not heavy or sturdy for pulling up to help baby stand
- Balls are engaging but may be a pain to chase around the house
9. HABA Walker Wagon
This toy is a pushcart and seat all in one, perfect for those with a sibling. The HABA Walker Wagon is a wooden wagon that has a handlebar for pushing as well as a seat and easy storage. This simple little wagon has durable silicone wheels that allow it to be used inside or out.
- Doubles as a pram for siblings, dolls, or toys
- Wheel friction can be adjusted for speed control
- Long-lasting and durable pretend play toy
- Size is a bit hefty and consumes a lot of space
- No interactive features
- Wheels may rotate out screws which could be a hazard
10. Bright Starts 3 Ways to Play Walker – Ford Mustang
This fun toy resembles a classic Ford Mustang. The Bright Starts 3 Ways to Play Walker – Ford Mustang may be used like other push toys for babies learning to walk or as a walker. It adjusts to three different height levels to accommodate your baby as they grow.
- Rubber feet that brake for added safety
- Has sounds, lights, and a fun mock steering wheel
- Steer wheel and activity center are removable for travel or floor play
- Car design may make it too heavy to roll on carpets
- Even the lowest height setting is too tall for some children
11. Delta Children Jeep Classic Wrangler 3-in-1 Grow with Me Walker
The Delta Children Jeep Classic Wrangler 3-in-1 Grow with Me Walker is another fun toy walker for car enthusiasts and their kids. It can be used as a walker, a pushcart, or remove the interactive panel for on-the-go fun or tummy time.
- Jeep play panel can be removed from the walker to become a rolling car complete with a toy compartment
- Walker height is adjustable
- The fabric seat is comfortable and washable
- Includes brake system
- Front wheels may be difficult to turn
- Hard to use on thick or plush carpets
- Parents complain about the poor quality
12. Kolcraft Tiny Steps 2-in-1 Infant & Baby Activity Walker
This petite 2-in-1 is perfect for little tots. The Kolcraft Tiny Steps 2-in-1 Infant & Baby Walker transitions from a walker to a pushcart all in keeping with a slim design. Worry no more about age appropriateness as this one’s considered the best option to help baby walk!
- Height is adjustable
- Foam seat is supportive and comfortable
- The base has skid-resistant pads for speed control and extra stability
- Includes toys and activities with textures and sounds
- Plastic wheels at front can become sticky on bare floors
- Rear plastic wheels don’t swivel and turning may be difficult
13. Little Tikes Push and Ride Racer
The Little Tikes Push and Ride Racer is different from other pushcarts. It is a rolling car more so than a cart yet it still functions well in the category of baby walkers. Additionally, older toddlers will love riding on the car, extending the usefulness of the item.
- Durable design
- Can be used indoors or outdoors
- Can accommodate children up to fifty pounds
- No interactive features
- Difficult to turn as baby learns to walk
- Not ideal for regular use on plush carpets
14. Skip Hop Kids 3-in-1 Baby Activity Walker & Ride On Scooter Wagon Toy
The Skip Hop Kids 3-in-1 Baby Activity Walker & Ride On Scooter Wagon Toy has three different modes and easily one of the longest use lifespans.
This versatile walker transitions from a walker with a toy wagon, to a ride on car, to a stand on scooter. On top of all this, it even includes a headlight that plays sounds and songs.
- Adjustable large handle for walker and scooter modes
- Can be used indoors or outdoors
- Works well on carpet or hard floors
- No wheel slowing mechanism
- The handlebar doesn’t turn
- Not very heavy so may tip in walker mode
15. Bright Starts Giggling Gourmet Shop ‘n Cook Walker
The Bright Starts Giggling Gourmet Shop ‘n Cook Walker has an astounding four modes of play. As our best walker, it makes a sturdy option. Babies can simply remove the top for floor play or to create a standing play center, finally, it can become a shopping cart.
- The activity center has lots of interactive features and sounds
- Wide wheelbase perfect for beginning walkers
- Back wheels can lock
- Wheels don’t grip bare floors very well
- Lightweight so babies may have a difficult time pulling up to stand without it toppling over
16. Little Balance Box 2-in-1
Perhaps one of the most simplistic is the Little Balance Box 2-in-1. Designed like a table, this wooden pushcart doesn’t use wheels but spring-loaded feet. The top includes a tray for baby’s toys or snacks.
- Sturdy wood basic design
- Spring-loaded coaster feet glide over many different floor surfaces
- Can be used as a toddler activity or snack table
- Can be a little tippy as new walkers babies learn to stand
- No interactive features
17. Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Smart Stages Learn
The Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Smart Stages Learn emphasizes learning. This Fisher Price walker plays over 75 sounds and encouraging phrases teaching everything from Spanish to numbers. Your little one can sit and play when they need a rest.
- Two modes of play, a push walker or sit to stand learning with the interactive panel
- Easy to grab handle and sturdy frame
- Simple to assemble
- Compact design for small spaces
- Wheels don’t have a resistance option
- Rolls very quickly over bare floors
- Height doesn’t adjust as baby starts walking
18. labebe – Baby Walker Toy
The Iabebe- Baby Walker Toy is a cute wooden elephant wagon. The four wheels make it perfect for pushing by either beginning walkers or toddlers.
- Can be used outside or inside
- Rubber ring on wheels offers some resistance
- Made of sturdy wood
- Height of handle does not adjust
19. cossy Wooden Baby Learning Walker Toddler Toys
A fun and versatile wagon the cossy Wooden Baby Learning Walker Toddler Toys is a pushcart that includes wooden building blocks. Great for little ones or older children.
- Rubber trimmed wheels for safety on bare floors
- Includes 34 colorful blocks of different shapes
- Not very sturdy or weighted for regular use if your baby uses it to stand
- May be tricky getting toddlers cleaning up toys
20. Fisher-Price Bubble Mower
The Fisher-Price Bubble Mower is a great pushcart for outdoors. It has fun bubbles and a realistic sound so your baby can be just like mom or dad!
- Rolls easily over grass
- Durable plastic for the outdoors
- Produces lots of bubbles
- Height of handle cannot be adjusted
- The reservoir may leak bubbles so not recommended for the indoors
21. Best Choice Products Kids 3-in-1 Push and Pedal Car Toddler Ride On
The Best Choice Products Kids 3-in-1 Push and Pedal Car Toddler Ride On is a cool car perfect for riding or pushing. This one even has interactive car sounds and songs.
- Backrest and side rails are very supportive when riding
- Under-seat storage for other toys
- The car can be pushed by an adult with the handle or by a child using the backrest handle
- Wide wheels may not turn easily over some types of terrain
- May be too small for some children
- Consumes a lot of space
22. HABA Walker Wagon
The HABA Walker Wagon cute and high quality wooden push walker. This heavy-duty wagon has rubber wheels that prevent sliding and front brakes for emergency stops. Parents – and of course children love how it doubles as a chair and can store their favorite baby toys!
- High quality Beachwood material
- Non-toxic materials and water-based paint is safe for children
- Toy storage and seat at the front can be used for siblings to ride along and store toys
- Lack interactive features
23. WowWee Pinkfong Baby Shark Melody Walker
If your little one loves baby shark, then the WowWee Pinkfong Baby Shark Melody Walker is the toy for them! Your little one will be encouraged to move with the motion sensor that plays fun songs each time they walk along.
- Two ways to play, as a pushcart or sitting in front of the interactive panels
- Cute design push walker makes it attractive
- Different features in one toy give you your money’s worth
- Built-in volume control
- Wheels may not roll well over plush carpet
- Sound effects are a little quiet
As with most baby products, your choices of walk behind toys for babies are endless. You don’t have to be too concerned with finding an age-appropriate push walker. Most pushcarts can be used with many different ages and stages.
Younger babies can sit in front of their interactive panels while older toddlers can use them to practice walking abilities, and older children will like them for imaginative play.
Here are a few attributes to look out for in a push toy walker:
On average, babies learn to walk around the corner of their first birthday. Perhaps one of the most important things is the toy’s durability and sturdiness.  You want the baby walkers to be strong enough to support your little one. This is especially true for those anxious new baby walkers. You certainly don’t want the push walker toppling over every time your baby tries to use it.
The pushcart can also come with a variety of interactive features or ways to play. Depending on your child’s age, you may want a product that helps to develop fine and gross motor skills or teaches about bright colors and shapes – as babies learn about their surroundings mainly through play. 
Similar to Montessori toys for toddlers, other baby walkers are very simple but could be used by older children playing pretend play and store. The main feature of a walk-behind toy should be that your tot can use it to push and practice walking, but other included baby fun activities are a wonderful bonus.
We parents know how difficult it can be to push a baby stroller of awkward height. Now imagine that while you learn to walk!
Before babies get to walk, they’ll need a lot of tummy time to help strengthen their baby muscles. You want to ensure that the walk-behind toy is the proper height to be supportive for your baby. Models with adjustable heights are very beneficial.
Some friction is good, too much is bad. The wheels of your baby walkers should allow them to roll smoothly across carpet or hardwoods. But not too fast so that the toy rolls away from your child. Check the size and what they’re made of. Rounded edges are always nice to have!
You may be interested in: The Best Baby Push Walker for Hardwood Floors
Some pushcarts have brakes. Others have mechanisms that allow for speed control. Learning to walk is an exciting but slightly dangerous milestone,  try to find push walkers for babies that will make the experience safer.
Hopefully, these guidelines will lead you to the best baby walker, or rather the best walking toys for babies!
Pro tip: Always keep in mind that babies (including toddlers) shouldn’t be allowed to use a walker or any sort without parents’ supervision!
Happily Cruising Along
There are so many options when it comes to finding the best push toys for babies. It can be hard to choose one that is safe, interactive, and suits your child developmentally.
Our top pick though is the Bright Starts Giggling Gourmet Shop ‘n Cook Walker. It functions very well as a sturdy pushcart. But beyond that, it has three additional ways to play, including as a shopping cart which older children will love for imaginative play.
Finding the perfect baby pushcart shouldn’t be hard with all the wonderful choices. Pick one that will keep your baby engaged and you will be watching them cruise about in no time!
Last update on 2021-09-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API