Want to maintain that healthy lifestyle post-partum without having to sacrifice quality time with your baby? It’s possible with a trusty jogging stroller in your arsenal. Find out which choices I’ve found to be the most reliable investments and discover the best jogging stroller for your needs with this comprehensive review.
- What is a Jogging Stroller?
- When is the Right Time to Use a Jogging Stroller?
- What are the Different Types of Jogging Strollers?
- What Features Should You Look for in a Jogging Stroller?
- Reviews for the 10 Best Jogging Strollers
- #1 Thule Urban Glide 2 Jogging Stroller
- #2 Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Stroller
- #3 BOB Revolution Flex Jogging Stroller
- #4 Graco Fastaction Fold Jogger Click Connect Stroller
- #5 Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight Jogging Stroller
- #6 Schwinn Arrow Jogging Stroller
- #7 Kolcraft Sprint Pro Jogging Stroller
- #8 Costzon 3-Wheel Travel Jogger Stroller
- #9 Chicco TRE Performance Jogging Stroller
- #10 Evenflo Victory Jogging Stroller
What is a Jogging Stroller?
As one of the newer stroller blueprints, the jogging stroller serves a completely different purpose from traditional stroller designs. For the most part, jogging strollers were developed for parents who want to be able to take their baby with them during a jog.
The unique jogging stroller structure reduces the bouncing and jarring movements that your baby might experience in a stroller that’s pushed at faster speeds.
Commonly, they feature a single front wheel and responsive rear wheels that cushion the impact of driving over a bump on the road. The wheels are also significantly larger in diameter, making them easier to push over uneven terrain.
For these reasons, jogging strollers also make a practical investment if you expect to take your baby for walks out on rocky, grassy, or otherwise uneven surfaces. Despite its unique design however, jogging strollers can be used as typical, everyday strollers and work just find on even terrain as well, especially when they feature a swivel wheel.
When is the Right Time to Use a Jogging Stroller?
As with any other baby gear, it’s important to consider the age of your baby before you strap them up in a jogging stroller. In my case, I chose to wait until my baby was fully capable of sitting upright with good head and neck control. This is because the intensity of the movement a baby might experience in a jogging stroller could cause injury if the child isn’t developed well enough.
According to expert sources, parents should wait until their babies are at least 6 months old before they can be taken out on a jogging stroller. During this age, it would be best to use an infant jogger stroller which offers more padding and safety features to properly secure younger babies.
For parents who choose to wait a little longer before taking their little one out for a jog, toddler jogging strollers are also available in the market. These designs are developed to be more lightweight, making it easier for parents to push them around with less effort. The reason for the lighter design is the age and physical development of the baby.
With greater head, neck, and trunk control, toddlers can sit in seats with less padding with less risk of injury to their spine or head. Plus, because toddlers can be significantly heavier, parents might find themselves struggling to push a bulky stroller with a hefty baby strapped in.
What are the Different Types of Jogging Strollers?
For the most part, jogging strollers are categorized based on the number of children they can hold or based on whether they can accommodate a car seat.
Jogging stroller designs can either accommodate a one, two, or three children. While those that have seating capacity for more than one child can be convenient for parents with multiple children, it’s important to consider how the weight of the jogging stroller can increase with greater capacity.
Because jogger strollers are made to be pushed at high speeds while you run behind them, heavier designs can be bulky and challenging to push over rough terrain. Of course, pushing heavier designs can be a workout in and of itself. But if you were hoping to jog a substantial distance with a two or three seater jogger stroller, you should expect a bit of a struggle.
Car seat compatible jogger strollers can be another convenient choice if you want something with greater versatility. Basically, these designs allow you to convert the stroller into a car seat. For parents who want to transition seamlessly from vehicle to stroller, this can be a major convenience.
What Features Should You Look for in a Jogging Stroller?
Safety Belts – Your jogging stroller should use a 5-point safety belt, securing the hips and shoulders to keep your baby secure.
Swivelling Front Wheel – A swivelling front wheel makes it easier to maneuver tight turns, ideal for leisurely, everyday use. Some jogger strollers allow the option to lock the wheel to run in a straight path. There are others that are permanently locked, which can be more stable during a jog, but a lot harder to maneuver during a stroll.
Hand Brakes – The momentum generated by running can keep your stroller going even when you try to slow down or stop. To make it easier to slow down to a stop, some strollers incorporate hand brakes that stop the rear wheels from turning.
Sun Protector – A sun protector or canopy can keep your child safely shielded from sunlight, light rain, and harsh wind. These can be useful especially because jogging strollers are commonly used on nature trails and outdoor spaces with little shade. Some canopies are designed with a small window of mesh or clear plastic to give parents a view of their child even when the canopy is fully extended.
Wrist Tether – In case the parent loses grip on the handle, a wrist tether guarantees that the stroller stays within the parent’s reach.
Collapsible Construction – Strollers that fold down to travel-friendly sizes make an ideal choice if you want to limit the space it takes up in storage or in your car. The Thule Glide is a great example of a compact folding jogging stroller.
Lightweight Construction – Running while pushing a heavy load can be both dangerous and challenging. Some jogging strollers come in much lighter styles, making it easier for parents to maximize their running distance minus the hefty load.
Reviews for the 10 Best Jogging Strollers
#1 Thule Urban Glide 2 Jogging Stroller
Sleek, streamlined, and sublime, the award winning Thule Urban Glide Jogging Stroller is one of the most handsome looking jogger strollers I’ve seen so far. This top of the line design just oozes with the appeal of convenience – from its near-flat reclining seat to its one-handed fold mechanism.
- The ergonomic handlebar can be held in a number of different ways
- Easy removal & water-repelling handlebar pad
- One-handed folding mechanism
- Magnetic peek-a-boo window to see your child
- The seat reclines to near-flat configuration for better comfort
- Requires a car seat adapter for car seat compatibility
- A lightweight, all-terrain stroller perfect for jogging or strolling through town
- Swivel front wheel locks into place for jogging
- Large 16" rear wheels plus suspension for an ultra smooth ride
#2 Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Stroller
The Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Stroller was designed with convenience and ease of use in mind, giving parents a great investment that can adapt to their growing baby and changing needs.
- Compatible with car seats of the same brand
- Uses large bicycle-style wheels that glide over rough terrain seamlessly for a relatively smooth ride.
- Front wheel can be set to swivel for easier manueverability, but also leaves the option to lock for straight paths
- Small, covered compartment built into handle bars makes a great storage
- Can be folded into smaller size for easy travel
- Folding might take a little more effort
- Rear wheels can’t be locked simultaneously
- Large bicycle tires roll effortlessly over all surfaces
- Convenient Parent Tray with 2 Cup holders
- Front Swivel Wheel for easy maneuvering, locks for jogging
#3 BOB Revolution Flex Jogging Stroller
Rugged, hardy, and robust, the BOB Revolution Flex Jogging Stroller was designed for users who want to take on some of the most challenging outdoor terrain. The stroller features reinforced wheels, a state-of-the-art suspension system, and an increased weight capacity for carrying bigger, heavier kids.
- Adjustable suspension system lets you change the stroller’s responsiveness for a smooth ride on a variety of surfaces.
- Handlebar angles can be repositioned to 9 different configurations
- Two steps fold
- Swivelling front wheel works great for tight turns, and locking it lets you jog on a straight path without worrying about maneuvering the stroller.
- Hefty weight capacity capped at 75lbs
- Compatible with any car seat from the same brand
- The seat might be a little tight for larger children
- Air-filled tires might require some maintenance
- Fit: Birth to 75 pounds; 0 to 8 weeks with the use of an infant car seat adapter and compatible infant car seat; child height 44 inches; dimensions 25.4 W x 43 H x 44 D inches
- Smooth; speedy stability: Locking swivel front wheel; air filled tires; and mountain bike style suspension system
- Adjustable and Safe: 9 position adjustable handlebar with wrist strap; no rethread 5 point harness; near flat recline; and extra large UPF 50 plus canopy
#4 Graco Fastaction Fold Jogger Click Connect Stroller
Knowing the struggle of holding a baby in one hand and trying to collapse a fickle stroller with the other, the Graco Fastaction Fold Jogger Stroller features one of the easiest folding mechanisms on the market. With a one-second collapse design, this stroller aims to let parents transition from trail to car within seconds.
- Seamless folding action takes as little as one second,
- Compatible with all Graco Click Connect car seats for greater versatility.
- Dedicated smartphone cradle compartment
- Locking swivel wheel adapts from jogging to a leisurely stroll with ease.
- Self-standing when collapsed
- Tall build makes it difficult for shorter parents and caregivers to properly control
- Large wheels may have to be removed to properly fit the stroller in a sedan’s trunk
- Includes the Graco SnugRide 35 Infant Car Seat, rear facing for infants from 4 35 pound and up to 32"
- One second, one hand fold provides the Ultimate in convenience for moms on the go
- Air filled rubber tires offer suspension for a smooth ride on any terrain
#5 Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight Jogging Stroller
Bulky, heavy, and clumsy stroller designs can be a pain to bring around. So it’s easy to see why the Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight Jogging Stroller has such great appeal to different kinds of parents. With its lightweight construction and seamless maneuverability, this 25 pound stroller makes a suitable choice if you want something that won’t weigh you down.
- Weighs in at just 25.7lbs making it one of the lightest choices available
- One-step linked rear wheel breaks lets you park the stroller with one foot.
- Parent organizer accommodates various different items
- Compatible with a number of different car seats.
- High riding seat lets you keep your eye on your child with greater ease and clarity.
- Car seat adapter sold separately from both the stroller and the car seat itself, making it a little more expensive to complete the set.
- Doesn’t fold or collapse easily, requiring more of your time and effort.
- Extra wide seat sits high to give child great visibility, multi-position seat recline
- Includes parent organizer, running leash, and tire pump
- Quick release 16" rear wheels and 12.5" swivel front wheel that locks straight
#6 Schwinn Arrow Jogging Stroller
Designed for the love of exercise, the Schwinn Arrow Jogging Stroller focuses on ways to help you run freely. The jogger boasts a number of features that help parents jog more effortlessly, making them feel like they’re running without the extra load.
- Adjustable handlebar lets you choose your grip position for a more comfortable jog.
- Polished wheel ball bearings reduce friction and allow wheels to glide more seamlessly
- Specially designed tire treads grip on a variety of demanding outdoor terrain.
- Bike-style handle brake lets you slow down and stop with greater safety.
- Spring shock type suspension greatly reduces bounce to keep your baby safe and comfy even at faster speeds.
- Reclining the seat isn’t as easy or seamless as it could have been.
- The front wheel is permanently locked, which makes it challenging to take on leisure strolls.
No products found.
#7 Kolcraft Sprint Pro Jogging Stroller
With three 16” air-filled wheels, the Kolcraft can traverse many different kinds of demanding terrain with relative ease. The sleek, aerodynamic design reduces friction and weight to give you a jogging stroller that’s easy to maneuver so you can maximize your distance.
- 16” wheels on the front and back make the stroller easier to push on rough terrain
- Reflective wheel trims improve visibility in nighttime environments for utmost safety
- Adjustable handle height makes it possible for different users of varying heights
- Lightweight aluminium frame for better control
- Features a built-in parent tray that accommodates a number of different items.
- Isn’t as compact when folded down, making it difficult to fit into smaller car trunks.
- Fixed front wheel limits use to straight path jogging only
- Permanently fixed, wobble-free, front wheel for optimal running performance conditions
- 16 inch air-filled rear wheels with precision ball-bearings and aerodynamic, lightweight aluminum frame makes the jogger easy to push
- Reflective wheel trim, hand brake and jogging tether to ensure your run is as safe as possible
#8 Costzon 3-Wheel Travel Jogger Stroller
Designed with baby’s comfort in mind, the Costzon 3-Wheel Travel Jogger Stroller has all the fancy bells and whistles you might need if you want to guarantee that your little one enjoys the great outdoors with you.
- Breathable materials help maintain a comfortable, cool climate in the baby’s seat at all times
- Adjustable foot rest lets you customize the sitting position to accommodate babies of different ages and sizes.
- Fully adjustable sun canopy uses special fabric that protects your baby from harmful UV rays.
- Seat can be easily adjust to three different configurations, including a full-reclining setting
- Comes equipped with a baby tray that houses a dedicated cup holder
- Wheels aren’t necessarily the most ideal for tough terrain, so it’s better for running on evenly paved streets.
- Difficult to push, making it taxing for parents to take on a run.
- Safe and Comfort - Constructed by metal frame, it is a good Jogger Stroller to carry your baby anywhere. Equipped with 5-point safety harness, which can well protect your baby to securely sit on. The back rest can be adjusted to three different directions with a convenient adjustment handle which meets your baby different demands to sit or lie on the stroller comfortably. Sleeping cushion equipped for comfortable sleeping.
- Adjustable Oxford Sun Canopy - The Canopy can well protect your baby from ultraviolet radiation. You can also look at your babies with peek a boo windows to better take care of them.
- Lockable swivel Wheels - This stroller equipped with locking swivel wheels with suspension for superior maneuverability , you can control it easily. Both baby tray( front the seat) and parent cup holder(front the handle) are equipped.
#9 Chicco TRE Performance Jogging Stroller
Letting you control everything from where you stand, the Chicco TRE Performance Jogging Stroller is the epitome of effortless ease of use. This premium jogger lets you ensure safety and optimal performance with a touch, so you can reduce the time you spend away from the handle.
- Locking swivel wheel can be controlled from the handlebars
- The stroller also features a hand-activated deceleration brake
- Height adjustable handles let you fine-tune your hand positions for a comfortable jog.
- FlexCore suspension absorbs shock impressively, reducing the discomfort your baby experiences in his seat.
- Extra-large canopy protects your baby against sunlight, rain, and wind.
- Quick-release, one-hand fold makes the jogger stroller easy to store in a trunk with less time.
- Bulky design can make the process of setting up the stroller clumsy.
- A bit on the heavier side of the spectrum, making it difficult to carry and load into a car trunk.
- Braking mechanism can become stubborn after some time, so you might have to oil them up regularly.
- The child seat removes easily to create a frame carrier for the KeyFit during the first 6 months
- Sporty fabrics are wipe able, durable and water repellent. Full-coverage, extendable canopy with flippable tinted window/mesh vent
- Pneumatic tires, 12" front and 16" rear spoked wheels , Carton Dimensions - 22.7 x 32.13 x 12.78 inches
#10 Evenflo Victory Jogging Stroller
The Evenflo Victory Jogging Stroller takes away all the fancy bells and whistles to give you a stripped down design that’s easy to use and uncomplicated. The stroller comes with all the basic features you’d want in a jogging stroller, which makes it a suitable choice especially for its reasonable price.
- Large pneumatic wheels dampen impact and shock impressively
- Lightweight frame weighs only 23 lbs for easy transport and use.
- Ultra slim when folded allows users to store seamlessly in small spaces.
- Comes with a built-in snack tray with two deep cup holders
- Compatible with all Embrace Car Seat models from Evenflo.
- Full coverage canopy gives your baby privacy and protection.
- Tends to swivel even when the front wheel is locked
- Learning how all the buttons and latches work may require a steep learning curve.
- Lightweight jogging stroller that is self standing when folded
- Convenient Storage basket, 2 deep parent cup holders and 2 toddle cup holds with snack tray
- Cushioned multi-position reclining seat with adjustable 3pt/5pt harness
Based on all the information I’ve found, I have to say that the Thule Urban Glide 2 Jogging Stroller is the very best choice you can spend your money on. Of course, it does come at a steeper price. But with jogging strollers, you get what you pay for. Aside from that, its design flaws are much more forgivable compared to all the other choices on the list.
Offering safety, versatility, and premium performance, the Thule Urban Glide Jogging Stroller is a product I can proudly recommend to parents who want to achieve a healthier lifestyle, or who simply want a top-of-the-line stroller that can ease the experience of bringing baby out for a leisurely stroll.
Last update on 2021-06-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API