Is your child outgrowing their rear-facing car seat? Are you in the market for a booster seat that will grow with your child?
If either of these are dilemmas you are facing you need to take a closer look at the Evenflo Advanced Chase LX.
It’s one of the latest car seats from Evenflo, designed to be easy to use, comfortable, safe and adaptable. Many Evenflo Advanced Chase LX reviews on the internet are saying mostly positive things about this car seat.
The key takeaway from this car seat is that it has been designed to last by Evenflo. This can be seen from the fact that it can fit children from 22 pounds all the way up 110 pounds, which can last you at least five to six years.
It is an improved version of the Evenflo Chase LX car seat, which comes with the extra ComfortTech feature. This new feature is meant to enhance your child’s comfort, no matter what age they’re at. Here are some pros and cons about the Evenflo Advanced Chase LX:
|● Comes with ComfortTech layers|
● Removable cup holders and top layer fabrics
● Supports children from 22 -110 lbs
● Easy to install correctly
● Converts from 5-point harness to a regular booster seat with a seatbelt
● Durable in accidents
● Easy to clean
|● Pricier than its predecessor|
● Seat is too upright & uncomfortable for the child to sleep in.
● Cup holders are too easily taken out.
● No push anchors
● Harness maximum weight limit a bit low
Alternatively, you could also consider the following models that are similar to the Advanced Chase LX seat:
- Graco Nautilus 65 LX
- Britax Grow with You seat
- Graco Atlas 65 2-in-1 Harness Booster Car Seat
- Evenflo Chase Select
- Eddie Bauer Harness Booster 65
- Evenflo Chase Review: What to consider before buying the Evenflo Advanced Chase LX
- Evenflo Advanced Chase LX review
- Features & Benefits of the Evenflo Advanced Chase LX
- Evenflo Chase Review: Alternatives to Evenflo Advanced Chase LX
- What others are saying about the Evenflo Advanced Chase LX
Evenflo Chase Review: What to consider before buying the Evenflo Advanced Chase LX
Whenever you look for a car seat and while browsing through the Evenflo Advanced Chase LX reviews, the first thing you’re probably looking at is dependability. I remember when I was shopping for a car seat, it was completely befuddling because there were so many brands promising so many things. In the end, it boiled down to good old research and reading Evenflo Chase review.
Before we get into what you want to look out for in a car seat, let’s get into what you don’t want.
First off, you don’t want something that’s too bulky and cumbersome to install. Secondly, you don’t want to spend hours installing a car seat or removing it when you’ve got a cranky toddler waiting. Here’s what’s important to look out for:
- Reliable safety features. You want a sturdy car seat with good safety standards that doesn’t break and harnesses that won’t snap while it rocks around as your car moves.
- Comfortable seats. Thick padding and an ergonomic design should be the highlight of the seat so that it doesn’t push against your child as they grow, and ensures they don’t develop back pain if they have to sit for long journeys.
- Ease of use and maintenance. You want a car seat that’s easy to tether and install, especially if you’re a busy parent. Another feature that’s great to consider is how easy it would be to clean, since your child might be spilling things or throwing up over it.
- Weight and height limitations. Since kids grow up really fast, you want a car seat that can accommodate the widest weight range possible so you don’t need to end up buying a new car seat every now and then.
- Budget. Rather than looking for the most economical car seat, you want a seat that is worth every penny you spend.
Evenflo Advanced Chase LX review
The Advanced Chase LX is the improved version of the Evenflo Chase.
With the Evenflo Advanced Chase LX, parents will notice all of the same great options they loved with the original Evenflo Chase, plus a few extras.
With the Advanced Chase LX, longer car rides are more enjoyable for your young child as the booster seats feature ComfortTech padding. Parents also like the style and convenience the seat offers for booster aged kids.
The Evenflo Advanced Chase LX is designed to be used for children ages 2 and up and will safely fit children up to 110 lbs. How you use the seat will depend on the age, weight, and height of your child.
The Evenflo Advanced Chase LX has been tested at levels that are about two times the federal crash test standards to ensure its structural integrity.
The Advanced Chase LX comes with a head pillow and a machine washable seat pad in addition to two integrated cup holders.
Features & Benefits of the Evenflo Advanced Chase LX
Evenflo Chase car seats are probably some of the most comfortable in terms of design, and I’ve taken the liberty of highlighting the most standout features. To be clear, the seat can be used in two modes, the Evenflo Chase Harnessed Booster Seat for children up to 4 years of age, and the Seat Belt Booster for older children.
If you have children who are at least two years of age and are ready for a forward facing seat the Evenflo Advanced Chase LX can be a great option with its harness in place.
The 5-point harness provides a safe and secure fit for children inside of your vehicle. The harness is designed to be used for children weighing between 22 to 40 lbs and children who are between 28 and 50 inches tall.
To determine if your child fits properly with the harness option check to ensure their ears are sitting below the top of the restraint headrest.
Seat Belt Booster
Once your child outgrows the 5-point harness there is no need to purchase a new Chase LX booster seat as the Advanced Chase LX converts to a seat belt booster.
The first thing you must do to convert the Advanced Chase LX to a seat belt booster is to remove the harness.
To safely use the seat belt-positioning booster rather than the 5-point harness your child must weigh between 40 and 110 lbs. and be at least 43.3 inches tall, but no taller than 57 inches.
And to safely use the belt-positioning booster feature, your child must be at least 4 years old and their ears need to sit below the top of the restraint headrest.
Long car rides can take a toll on children and parents alike. The Advanced Chase LX was designed by Evenflo to offer a comfortable ride even on the longest trips.
To make the booster seat as comfortable as possible the Advanced Chase LX features ComfortTech. ComfortTech offers three separate and unique layers of padding inside the Chase LX booster seat.
The layers of padding are designed to help alleviate pressure points caused by car seats during long car rides, which these pressure points tend to get worse as children grow.
Evenflo Chase Review: Alternatives to Evenflo Advanced Chase LX
Graco Nautilus 65 LX 3 in 1 Harness Booster Car Seat
- Integrated harness storage compartment holds unused harness straps while in the belt positioning booster mode
- One-hand, 5-position adjustable headrest is easy to use and adapts for your growing child.Do not use bleach
- Keeps your child in a booster up to 120 pounds for longevity of use, in keeping with American Academy of Pediatrics' recommendations
The Graco Nautilus 65 LX is a car seat that features TrueShield side impact technology and similar to the Evenflo Advanced Chase, it also has a wide range of weight accommodation, which is from 22 pounds to 100 pounds.
It has an adjustable headrest too, which goes up 5 positions to cater to your child as they grow taller. It comes with enhanced TrueShield Side Impact technology, which is where they strengthen the sides of the car seat and include a curved design that protects your child from side impacts.
Other notable features on this seat include a storage compartment for the harness so that it doesn’t need to hand out and entangle your child when they’re getting in or out of the seat. There are removable cup holders too and high quality upholstery that’s washable. You can buy this seat if you’re interested in enhanced safety standards and dependability.
- 5-point safety harness 20 to 65 lbs.
- Highback booster weight 40 to 100lbs.
- Seat belt booster 22 to 120 lbs.
- Storage compartment for harness when not in use
- Removable cup holder
Britax Grow with You ClickTight Harness-2-Booster Car Seat
- Trusted quality, upgraded design: Looking for frontier. Grow with you ClickTight is our newest harness to booster car seat
- Install confidently: With ClickTight, you know it’s right in just 3 easy steps. Open, thread & buckle, close
- 2 in 1 booster seat: Easily transitions from forward facing harness mode to belt positioning booster mode as your child grows from toddler to big kid
The highlight of this Britax Grow with You seat is the ClickTight system, which allows you to secure your child in this seat in a fuss-free and easy manner using your seat belts. With this system, you need to pinch open the holder, thread the belt through and buckle it in place.
The ClickTight system could save you plenty of time, when you use it the right way. It’s also much safer and provides a controlled added safety step for your child. The booster seat is padded with breathable mesh fabric and is padded for added comfort. The padding also prevents the harness straps from rubbing against your child’s neck. This is suitable for you if you fancy a quick and easy way to strap your older kids in, so you can find out more if it applies to you.
- 2 in 1 booster seat that allows you to switch from forward-facing to seat belt mode.
- 5-point safety harness 25 to 65 lbs.
- Booster seat weight 40 to 120lbs.
- Easy to use ClickTight system to secure your child in the seat
- Breathable mesh fabric to keep your child comfortable
Graco Atlas 65 2-in-1 Harness Booster Car Seat
Like the Evenflo Advanced Chase LX, the Graco Atlas 65 offers a harness and a seat belt booster seat.
Before switching to the high back booster children need to be at least 3 years old and 38 inches tall compared to the Advanced Chase LX where children need to be 43.3 inches tall and 4 years old.
- 5-point safety harness 22 to 65 lbs.
- Harness can be adjusted in 10 different positions with no rethreading
- Single hand adjustment through a squeezable level
- Seat belt booster 30 to 100 lbs.
- Storage compartment for harness when not in use
Evenflo Chase Select
- This 2-In-1 combination booster car seat fitting children from 22-110 pounds converts from a 5-point harnessed to belt-positioning car seat allowing for extended use for your child
- The chase LX combination booster car seat helps protect harnessed children from 22-40 pounds (Height: 28 - 50 Inches) and belt-positioned children from 40-110 pounds (Height: 43.3 - 57 Inches); Age: At least four years of age
- This lightweight combination booster car seat comes equipped for latch systems allowing for easy installation and transfer between multiple vehicles. Do not use abrasive cleaners or solvents.
The Evenflo Chase Select is the original version of the Evenflo Advanced Chase LX.
The biggest difference between the two seats is the ComfortTech padding, but there are a few other minor differences and a lot of similiarities.
- 5-point safety harness designed for 22 to 40 pounds.
- Upfront adjustment with two crotch buckle positions
- Innovative headrest that allows the car’s seat belt to self-adjust to your child’s height.
- Integrated cup holders
- Machine washable pad and a head pillow
Eddie Bauer Harness Booster 65
With the Eddie Bauer Deluxe 65 parents have an excellent combination seat that offers a forward facing seat with a 5 point harness that converts into a high back booster seat.
The headrest with the Eddie Bauer Deluxe 65 is easily adjusted by a bar on the back but the harness must be rethreaded each time you change its position.
- The 5 point harness limit is 65 lbs and 49 inches
- High back booster limits are 100 lbs. and 52 inches.
- Padded harness offers three height positions and three crotch buckle positions
- High back booster uses an adjustable belt guide
- Adjustable headrest and moveable and padded armrests for comfort
What others are saying about the Evenflo Advanced Chase LX
I spent several hours looking around at various websites to try and discover what other moms think about the Advanced Chase LX.
What I have found in my search is that most moms highly praise the seat, including moms who have been in some major and minor car accidents as the Evenflo Advanced Chase LX kept their kids safe even in a rollover.
The Evenflo Advanced Chase LX offers you the best of both worlds.
With the Advanced Chase LX parents have the option of using the 5-point safety harness in a forward-facing seat and then switching to a high back booster that works with the car’s seatbelt.
With a “Best Bet Booster” rating by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the Advanced Chase LX offers safety and style that you can rely on.
Last update on 2022-05-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API