Every baby needs a good car seat, one that is comfortable, easy to use, and safe. Sometimes it’s hard to find the full package in one product, but after the Graco SnugRide 35 Elite review, it is just that: everything you want and more.
Graco SnugRide 35 Elite Review
If it’s made by Graco, you know it’s good. Graco has been trusted by parents for years thanks to their commitment to quality, comfort, and safety.
Not only is the SnugRide 35 Elite affordable, but it has gone through rigorous safety testing, comes with an easy to install base with level indicator, adjusts to 4 reclining positions, has a full-coverage canopy, and has a Simply Safe Adjust harness. It is also compatible with any Graco Click Connect Stroller.
- Easy to clean with the Rapid-Remove Cover
- Safe: side-impact tested, Safety Core absorbs frontal crash, and meets US FMVSS 213 standards
- Simply Safe Adjust Harness adjusts both the harness and headrest together
- Compatible with all Click Connect Strollers
- Adjustable base with 4 positions and bubble level indicator
- Heavy: 9.6 pounds without the base attached or a child inside
- Can’t adjust handle w/ canopy up
- Support cushions create a tight fit
- Snug Lock Technology features a hassle free 3 step installation rear facing car seat helps protect infants from 4 to 35 pounds and up to 32 Inches quick and easy clean up with the Rapid Remove cover; Head must be more than 1 inch from the top of the headrest Infant car seats made 2011 or after
- Simply Safe Adjust Harness System adjusts headrest and harness together to prevent rethreading Safety Core absorbs frontal crash forces
- Adjustable base with 4 recline positions and easy to read bubble level indicator InRight Latch system for a one second Latch attachment.Do not use bleach
Graco SnugRide 35 Elite Review: Features & Benefits
Safety Core and Crash Tested
The Graco SnugRide 35 Elite is one of the top safety-recommended car seat models. It has been specially engineered and tested to meet US standard FMVSS 213 for child safety restraints.
The Safety Core seat absorbs the impact force a frontal crash, and the car seat has also been rear- and side-impact tested to ensure optimum safety in the event of a crash.
The SnugRide Elite is one of the easiest to install thanks to the special SnugLock base feature. No more fussing with the LATCH system in your car. Instead, you can use this 3-step system to lock the base securely in place with just the car’s seat belt.
If you do prefer to use your car’s LATCH system, the SnugRide base is equipped for that as well.
Simply Safe Adjust Harness
Rethreading car seat harness straps can be a pain as your child grows, and Graco had this in mind when they designed the Simply Safe Adjust Harness.
With a simple one-step adjustment, the harness and headrest adjust together, eliminating the need to ever rethread the straps.
In addition, the harness tightens with the pull of a strap just like any other car seat.
With the adjustable base, you have 4 recline options to choose from to keep your baby comfortable and safe.
The base also has a bubble level indicator which helps you know that your car seat is leveled and installed properly.
This car seat can be used from birth (4 pounds) with the infant insert that is included. This will give the seat a snug fit and keep your baby’s head stabilized and safe.
It can only be used rear-facing, but it should be able to fit your little one until they are about 35 pounds and 32” tall (somewhere between ages 2 and 3). Thanks to the multiple recline positions, you can be sure that your baby will be comfortable as they grow.
Car seats are notorious for collecting crumbs, and with the deeps seat, it can be nearly impossible to clean them out.
With the Graco SnugRIde Elite, you get the Rapid-Remove cover that comes off easily to make cleaning so much easier. The best part is that you can machine wash the cover; just be sure to drip dry rather than throw it in the dryer.
This car seat has one of the largest canopies on the market. It covers nearly the entire car seat, leaving only little feet visible, which keeps your baby protected from both the sun and prying eyes.Stroller Compatibility
To get the most out of your car seat, you will want a compatible stroller. Luckily this car seat works with any Graco Click Connect stroller as well as a number of other brands that offer a Graco compatible conversion kit.
What Others are Saying
I don’t expect you to choose this car seat based on my word alone, so I searched the internet for reviews and found them overwhelmingly positive. If you do need more proof of this car seat’s positive features, be sure to read the reviews below.
Graco SnugRide 35 Elite Alternatives
Safety 1st Onboard 35 Air 360
- Providing five layers of safety, this LATCH-equipped Safety 1st car seat fits infants from four pounds to toddlers of 35 pounds in a rear-facing configuration
- Shielded in the deep seat structure, your little one is further protected by AirProtect advanced side-impact protection and GCell HX patented race car foam for crash energy absorption
- Crash tested from every angle for front, rear, side, and rollover impacts, this seat includes soft foam padding throughout the seat for safety as well as comfort. A reinforced handle adds stability
The Safety 1st Onboard 35 Air 360 is one of the most comparable car seats to the Graco SnugRide 35 Elite. They are similar in design, price, child capacity, and weight, and both have been thoroughly tested for any type of crash that may occur (front, rear, side, and rollover).
You can tell just by looking at the photo that there is plenty of cushion inside to keep your baby comfortable and the car seat is reinforced with GCell HX racecar foam to keep them safe.
The cover and padded inserts are also removable and machine-washable.Overall, the reviews are positive, but the main complains are that compatible strollers are not as widely available as the Graco and the canopy doesn’t stay in place when it is open.
- Suitable for a child 4-35 pounds
- Tested for front, rear, side, and rollover accidents
- Cover is removable, machine-washable, and dryer-safe
- Canopy doesn’t stay in place when open
- Only compatible with most Safety 1st and Cosco stroller models
Chicco KeyFit 30
- Seat interior lined with EPS energy-absorbing foam for improved impact protection
- Infant insert for smaller babies from 4-30 lbs
- 5-point harness with one-pull tightened
The Chicco KeyFit 30 is currently the #1 rated car seat on the market, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s the best fit for everyone.It does have some great safety features, including the SuperCinch tightener, which ensures a tight LATCH fit with the pull of a single strap.
It is also made with energy-absorbing EPS foam to keep your baby safe in the event of a crash.There is a multi-position canopy, but it does not have nearly the amount of coverage that the SnugRide Elite has. The car seat itself is also a bit heavier (estimating between 10-12 pounds based on the total weight minus the base) and only handles up to 30 pounds of baby weight.
- Suitable for babies 4-30 pounds
- SuperCinch tightener ensures a secure LATCH
- Seat pat is machine-washable; drip dry only
- Spring-loaded leveling foot and bubble level indicator lets you know that you’ve installed the base correctly
- Car seat is quite heavy
Britax B-Safe 35 Elite
- Check out our all new B Safe Ultra Infant Car Seat (B07BRNSP4T)
- Surrounded in safety: 2 layers of side impact protection, quick adjust head protection, steel frame, and impact absorbing base
- Easy installation: Use Safe Center LATCH or built in seat belt lock offs to secure the infant car seat
If you are looking for the Cadillac of car seats that will fit the Cadillac of strollers (the BOB), then you want the Britax B-Safe 35 Elite.
Just by looking at this car seat, you can tell that it’s made well, with a steel frame, 2 layers of side impact protection, SafeCell impact technology, and an impact-absorbing base to keep your baby safe and secure.It is travel-system ready, able to fit most Britax and BOB strollers, and like the SnugRide Elite, there is no need to rethread the straps as your baby grows thanks to the adjustable headrest.
It is very narrow, taking up very little space in the car, but it is still pretty heavy (11.5 pounds) most likely due to the steel frame. Being narrow also means that your baby may outgrow it before they even reach 35 pounds.
- Premium safety features: steel frame, dual-layer side protection, SafeCell impact technology, impact-absorbing base
- checkMade in the USA
- Takes up little space in the car
- Suitable for babies 4-35 pounds
- Heavy: 11.5 pounds
- Baby may outgrow the narrow seat before they reach 35 pounds
If you are looking for a safe, comfortable, and reliable car seat, Graco could be your good choice considering after we have did the Graco SnugRide 35 Elite Review. It is easy to install, ensuring a secure fit every time (no matter who installs it), and it has been engineered to meet or exceed US child seat safety regulations.
Compared to other car seats, it is relatively lightweight (though it will still be heavy with a baby inside) and it is compatible with many travel-system strollers, including all Graco Click Connect models. You can rest assured knowing that you will have no problem taking your baby anywhere with you.
For more details on this great car seat, be sure to check it out!
Last update on 2021-07-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API