It is easy to become overwhelmed with the selection of available baby strollers on the market. You want something lightweight that is easy to collapse and take with you wherever you go, and you want to make sure it is comfortable for your little one.
Sometimes it may seem like you cannot find everything you need in just one model.
Well, we did the research and we think we may have found what you are looking for: the Maclaren BMW-M Stroller. This high-quality stroller company has teamed up with one of our favorite luxury car brands to bring you a lightweight, comfortable stroller that is sure to be just right for your family.
- Maclaren BMW-M Stroller Review: Presenting the Product
- Maclaren BMW-M Stroller Review: Features & Benefits
- Maclaren BMW-M Stroller Review: Social Proof
- Alternatives To Maclaren BMW-M Stroller:
Maclaren BMW-M Stroller Review: Presenting the Product
When it comes to umbrella strollers, there are few that compare with the Maclaren BMW-M model. It offers the luxury you expect with a name like BMW while remaining rugged and compact, making it a great choice for an everyday stroller.
- Newborn Safety System: this stroller is ready to go for your infant with no adapters, car seats, or bassinets necessary.
- Designed for comfort: the seat is fully adjustable from head to toe and contoured to offer maximum comfort for your little one.
- Weatherproof: not only does the UPF 50+ sunshade offer full coverage, but it is also waterproof, which is works great with the bonus removable rain cover included with the stroller.
- Pricey: for an umbrella stroller, the price tag is a bit more on the expensive end of the scale, which may be a deal breaker for the budget-conscious family.
- Does not recline flat: the seat reclines pretty far when dropped to the lowest setting, but it still does not lie completely flat.
- Not much storage: the undercarriage basket is a bit small; you may have trouble fitting a diaper bag under the stroller.
- 5-point safety harness.
- Height adjustable shoulder harness.
- Lockable front swivel wheels.
Maclaren BMW-M Stroller Review: Features & Benefits
Easy to Use
For most parents, a stroller that is quick and easy to use and store is necessary, especially when you have your hands full with a new baby.
This stroller is extremely lightweight – only weighing 15 pounds – and folds down easily with one hand and is small enough to stuff into the storage bag that is included. You should not have any issues getting it into the trunk of your car.
You are sure to get a nice long life out of this stroller, from infancy to late toddlerhood. Thanks to Maclaren’s unique Newborn Safety System, the seat easily converts into a safe bassinet for your newborn.
The stroller also has a 55-pound weight maximum, and can handle a child up until about the age of four years old.
Safety should always be one of the foremost things on your mind when looking for a stroller, and this one has some great features. There is a five-point harness (shoulder straps and lap belt), which is the standard for safety in both car seats and strollers.
The foot brake is also convenient, as you can lock both rear wheels with just one step rather than having to lock them separately.
Finally, there are reflective accents, which are designed to keep you safe on your evening walks.
Maclaren did not skimp on the materials used for this stroller. The adjustable handles are covered with leather, rather than the plastic or foam you find on most strollers, and instead of cheap plastic wheels, these are rubber, which help give the stroller a smooth ride.
Not only that, but you get to pick from a variety of pretty solid colors, making strolling out with your child more fashionable.
This stroller is designed with motor vehicle luxury in mind, making it very comfortable for our little one. The seat is contoured to support your baby’s neck and back, and has an adjustable leg rest and 4-position recline.
Also included with your stroller is a padded head hugger, which is an absolute must-have for your infant, and padded shoulder straps to keep your baby safe.
Unique to an umbrella stroller, this one is designed with wheel suspension to help absorb every bump you hit, making it a smooth ride for your precious cargo.
You do not need to worry about the weather keeping you inside; this stroller is ready to tackle whatever is in the forecast. The adjustable sunshade provides UPF 50+ protection and completely covers your child when fully extended.
A removable rain cover is also included with your stroller, which pairs nicely with the waterproof materials used on the body.
If you are using a stroller, you more than likely want to be hands-free with no weight on your person. Your stroller should be able to carry not only your baby but also everything else you may need for an outing together.
The Maclaren BMW-M has a storage basket underneath that is large enough to carry a purse or diaper bag. In addition, there is also a zippered storage pouch on the back of the seat that can be used to carry small items, such as a phone or wallet if you are traveling light.
Maclaren BMW-M Stroller Review: Social Proof
We searched the internet for other opinions, and found some great reviews from other satisfied customers.
“The BMW-M Stroller is very sturdy and easy to maneuver. You can see by the way it is made that it is done very well […] It is expensive but well worth it.”
“We purchased this stroller to use as a 2nd/travel stroller, and I am so happy with my purchase. Maclaren is a quality brand, and everything about the stroller is well-made, sturdy, and looks like it will last forever. I love the padded seat, easy fold, small size, […] light and easy to lift at only 5.7kg, buckle that must be squeezed from the front and back to release (so hard for a toddler to undo), comes with a rain cover, high quality fabrics & hood is water-resistant, has a weight capacity of 20kg, […] great suspension and easy to push.”
“I’m not normally a slave to branding, but this BMW Maclaren collaboration was hard to resist. We already own [another stroller] and needed [one] for a holiday, i.e. something that could be folded and allowed on a plane as carry-on. Firstly, the pram is great quality and there are some nice touches throughout. It’s very lightweight, easy to fold and carry, and my 1yo sleeps in it when the stroller is reclined […] this model, at 5.7kg really suits our purposes and I’ll gladly forgo extra features for a lighter pram.”
Alternatives To Maclaren BMW-M Stroller:
1. Chicco Liteway Compact-Fold Stroller
Chicco Liteway Compact-Fold Stroller is a great choice for the budget-conscious family as it is less than half the price of the Maclaren. It still offers an adjustable footrest, 4-position recline, and canopy with peek-a-boo window, as well as a compact fold and light weight (18.8 pounds).
However, you do not have the option to use this stroller with an infant; it is recommended that your child is no less than 6 months old and only up to 40 pounds.
- Lightweight – 18.8 lbs
- Child capacity – 6 months – 40 lbs
- Adjustable seat – footrest and 4-position recline
- Compact fold
- Storage basket
- Adjustable/removable canopy with peek-a-boo window
- Available in Fog, Sunset, and Ocean (colors)
- 4-Position backrest easily adjusts with 1 hand for growing children
- Adjustable, removable canopy with peek-a-boo window. Rear Wheel Diameter is 7inch
- Adjustable footrest for added comfort and support
2. Joovy Caboose Ultralight Stroller
The Joovy Caboose is a bit heavier than the Maclaren (21.8 pounds), but it does offer some great options for carrying your children. The most unique thing about this stroller is the additional seat, which is ideal for older kids to sit or stand on the back of the stroller.
It also comes with a car seat adapter that can work with up to 28 different car seat models, so you can carry your child from birth right through early childhood. This is a great option if you are considering getting a sit-and-stand stroller.
- Still relatively lightweight – 21.8 lbs
- Child capacity – birth – 45 lbs (each seat; holds 90 lbs total)
- Slight seat recline; cannot recline with two children
- Compact fold
- Storage basket and parent organizer
- Large adjustable canopy on front
- Available in Black, Grey, Red, Turquoise, and Citron
- The lightest weight, most compact, and maneuverable double stroller available allows your older child to sit and stand on the rear platform or bench seat. 22 pounds
- Includes parent organizer and a universal car seat adapter that fits most major brands. Check the Joovy website for the most recent list. Never allow a rear seated child to use the canopy as a hand hold
- New rear seat canopy extension protects the rear seated child. Also compatible with the Caboose Rear Seat that adds a full size, forward facing rear seat (if your older child is still too young to stand)
3. Mountain Buggy Nano Stroller
This Mountain Buggy Nano stroller is one of the lightest and most compact strollers we have seen. It weighs only 13 pounds but still holds up to 44 pounds of child weight. It is also car seat ready with no adapters necessary.
The canopy is not as big as the Maclaren, and the all-weather covers are sold separately, but it is still super compact and comes with a convenient carry bag and shoulder strap.
- Ultra lightweight – 13 lbs
- Child capacity – birth (with car seat) – 44 lbs
- Slight seat recline with pull strap and adjustable footrest
- Compact fold
- Storage basket
- Small canopy
- Available in Black, Silver, Ruby, and Nautical
- Infant car seat ready ; no need to purchase additional adapters and now has a soft shell cocoon carrycot available (sold separately) for newborns
- New, narrower compact size at just Dimension - 12 x 22 x 20 inches (Folded) with 44 lb. weight capacity and suitable for children up to 4 years
- Easy two-step, compact fold meets regulations for airline carryon luggage. Travel bag and shoulder strap included
Overall, the Maclaren BMW-M stroller is one of the best umbrella strollers on the market. It is designed with luxury in mind, keeping your child comfortable from birth through early childhood.
While the price tag may be a bit steep for some parents, we fell that it is worth every penny for the quality you receive with your purchase.
If you are interested in this stroller, click here to find out more.
Last update on 2022-06-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API