Summertime, and the living is… hot. Heading to the beach sounds like a solid way to beat the heat, but the idea of carrying your baby without parent tray, child tray or two cup or holders that anything around makes any seaside outing seem impossible.
Don’t you wish there is a helper of sorts to let you enjoy the sun, the sand and the sea without stressing over keeping your baby safe in a seat?
That’s where these top 5 Best Strollers for Beach Sand step in.
Between their compact design and lightweight, these beach-friendly baby rides can make your summer vacay a bit easier. Especially when stroller manufacturers are putting more thoughts into user comfort for both parents and babies, the best strollers for beach sand have become more of a necessity than a nice-to-have if you and your family have frequent beach outings. Our best overall stroller for the beach is the BOB Revolution Flex 3.0 Jogging Stroller.
So, are you ready to roll?
TOP 5 PICKS ON THE BEST STROLLERS FOR BEACH SAND
- TOP 5 PICKS ON THE BEST STROLLERS FOR BEACH SAND
- Why You Should Get Your Hands On THE BEST STROLLERS FOR BEACH SAND ASAP
- WHAT TYPE OF STROLLER IS GOOD FOR THE Beach
- How To Use A Beach Stroller Properly
- Will MY STROLLER SPOIL FASTER FROM THE SAND?
- 7 Things to Look For When Shopping For THE BEST STROLLERS FOR BEACH SAND
- 5 Best Strollers for Beach Sand
- Final Thoughts
Why You Should Get Your Hands On THE BEST STROLLERS FOR BEACH SAND ASAP
Heading to the beach with a baby or tot in tow with parent tray, child tray and cup holders is no easy task – we all know that.
But, there’s an easy way to carry your little one around without worrying about getting stuck in sand or burning under the hot sun, and yeah – with two cup holders! Fellow moms, meet the beach stroller.
This upgraded baby cruiser features just one front or back wheel, minimizing the sand’s resistance and making your job much easier. After all, what you need is a stroller that lessens the pain of navigating on such a tricky rough terrain, not causing more pain than before.
It’s also equipped with sun-repellent fabric, keeping your baby’s skin safe against the sun’s harmful rays.
Some models (read: those that are worth your attention) also come with large storage baskets, allowing you to carry along all your precious beach gear – no extra bags required.
The best part? They are much lighter in weight –at least, compared to city strollers– and also foldable, making your transportation a breeze, whether you are traveling by car, plane or train.
WHAT TYPE OF STROLLER IS GOOD FOR THE Beach
In the world of baby strollers, there isn’t a category that is specifically for beach use. It makes sense not to create specific models catered to this type of terrain since most people travel in the streets, and grassy or dirt trails more than spending their time on sandy beach areas (unless you happen to stay so close to the beach that is).
So what makes a good stroller for the beach?
Jogging strollers and off-road strollers are your best bet, since they are mostly able to handle difficult terrains, especially with their air-filled bicycle-like tires. Of course, this does not mean ALL jogging strollers and off-road ones will be perfect for the sand.
You will still need to vet through the models that are well-suited for such terrain challenge. Thankfully, we have done most of the workload for you anyway, which are presented later in the article.
You know the types that are great for the beach sand, but what about the stroller types you should avoid? The regular stroller and the umbrella stroller.
These two types are a huge no-no, simply because they have small wheels that make pushing across the sand much harder, not to mention, they can also increase the chances of your baby toppling over. Moreover, the tires are not filled with air, thus increasing the frustration of traveling on the beach since it’s not going to be one smooth journey for you and your baby.
How To Use A Beach Stroller Properly
Despite their advanced design, strollers that are great for beach sand are pretty simple to use.
So, one of the first things you need to do every time you use this piece of baby equipment is to lock the rear wheels.
This move doesn’t just increase the safety factor; it also keeps the cruiser steady for you to use.
Also, ensure to strap your baby as securely as possible by adjusting the harness system to her size.
Beach walks can be bumpy, and this precaution will keep her from falling over more times than you can count.
For more expert-approved info on how to use a beach stroller like a pro, check out this video:
Will MY STROLLER SPOIL FASTER FROM THE SAND?
There’s no doubt your stroller will suffer from higher wear and tear from frequent traversing on the sandy terrain compared to other places like in the streets, on grassy paths or flat dirt trails.
That doesn’t mean your stroller will easily break apart (unless you have gotten one with poor design and durability).
Most of the best strollers for beach sand are built with quality aluminum frames and good rubber tires to withstand the possible harsh conditions of travel, so it is unlikely for sand to damage the joints or puncture the tires.
Usually, the sand particles will fall away but nevertheless, you need to know how to clean and maintain it as well just like for any other stroller. You can check out this video on the basics of stroller cleaning and maintenance to know more.
7 Things to Look For When Shopping For THE BEST STROLLERS FOR BEACH SAND
Like all baby items, you need to know what features to look for and check prior to purchasing a stroller. You are now getting a stroller that suits the difficult sandy surface of the beach and not just any standard stroller though.
The following criteria serve as a guide when shopping for a baby stroller that makes your beach outing awesome and hassle-free.
Depending on your baby’s age, you should also keep an eye out for the stroller’s size, not only for the ease of lugging it around for your beach travels, but also whether it can well accommodate your baby without having them feeling cramped in the seat.
That being said, ensure you invest in a model that’s specially designed for your munchkin’s height and weight. To do this, always check the stroller size stated by the manufacturer and the maximum weight capacity (the maximum weight of your child that the stroller can carry)
Anything less than that, and your little one could get in lots of trouble, not to mention danger.
Locking the Wheel from the Front
Unlike city-friendly baby rides, best beach strollers usually have just three wheels – featuring just one wheel in the front which minimizes the sand’s overall resistance and makes it easier to move around.
But, besides the single-wheel design, you should also keep an eye out for the model’s locking front wheel system. This feature increases the stroller’s stability, keeping your baby safe at all times.
While we are on this wheel topic, you should also look for strollers with large wheels. This is so that you are less likely to have jammed tires due to the sand causing the terrain wheels to lock up and unable to move as you require them to.
Air-filled tires are definitely better than plastic ones to provide the traction you need to keep the stroller moving steadily across the sandy area. The last thing you want is to feel like moving rock on sand due to high friction, nor feel as if your stroller is going to be out of control every time.
From hats to sunscreen to cover-ups, you can never be too safe when it comes to keeping your baby intact from the sun’s damaging UV rays.
That’s why you could add an extra layer of protection between the two by opting for best beach strollers with an attached sun-proof canopy. Of course, having an adjustable canopy does not mean complete protection from the harsh elements but additional protection is always better than none.
Pro tip: When deciding among the best strollers for beach sand, choose a model with a sun shade UPF rating of 40 and up. This way more than 97.5% of the sun’s radiation will be blocked.
No matter how light a stroller for beach sand is, moving it around can be quite a hustle.
Spare yourself the inconvenience by purchasing a foldable model which will save you lots of time, space, and energy.
This feature is perfect for families who want to use to take long trips and have limited trunk space.
You should check the final folded size prior to purchase. You wouldn’t want to end up getting one that gives you a headache in transporting it for your beach vacay, when you have the stroller weight plus your baby to contend with.
High-Quality Suspension System
A well-designed suspension program can also make or break the deal.
In fact, a reliable and durable connection system between the rear wheels and the stroller’s main body can provide you with a solid grip and an increased ride quality.
Quality suspension system makes for an overall comfortable ride for your little one as your baby wouldn’t be jostling about from the bumpy ride but will feel very little impact.
Add the sun’s heat, the sand’s resistance and your baby’s impatience to the mix, and you’ve got a recipe for disaster.
That’s why you should opt for a model with an easy-to-use point harness system, preferably five point with a no-rethread design. You would also want to check if the straps are comfortable for your baby.
Large Storage Unit and Handy Trays
Diapers, wipes, sunscreen, toys, hats; these are just some of the things your little one needs inside cup holders for a day out in the sun.
Since stuffing all these tidbits in a single bag is practically impossible, you could opt for best strollers for beach sand with a large storage basket or uh – cup holders!
Well, storage and tray features are there not only for convenience purpose but also for safety sake. Especially when going for a beach trip or holiday, dehydration is no joke for you and your kid.
With a parent tray that has parent cup holder slots, or accessories like baby cup holders, this small feature goes a long way in ensuring you and your child stays hydrated while having fun at the beach.
This way you’ll always be prepared for whatever the sea, sun, and sand throw your way.
5 Best Strollers for Beach Sand
Got all the criteria down? Great! Now let’s go through some stroller reviews in the list in which we find are best and tough enough to weather all the sun and sand.
#1 BOB Revolution Flex 3.0 Jogging Stroller
BOB is a leading brand in baby strollers these days, and the Revolution model is no exception. It has almost everything we require of a good stroller capable of tackling the tricky sandy terrain, which makes this model a great choice.
The stroller features a variety of assets which can make a mom’s beach time all the more enjoyable, and here’s the scoop.
- Top-Notch Canopy – With a UPF rating of 50+, this beach stroller’s canopy will make sure your baby stays out of the sun’s harmful range. It also has a vinyl “peekaboo” window which allows you to check on the little one whenever you want.
- Near-Flat Decline – It comes with a near-flat recline which helps your little one relax (or even sleep) as you take the all-terrain stroller wheels.
- High-Quality Harness – Sporting a no-rethread 5 point harness, the model allows you to adjust the straps easily one handed.
- Folding Design – It also comes with a 2-step folding system for convenient storage.
- Bike-Style Suspension System – The all-terrain stroller has a high-quality suspension system and large wheels which makes it the great choice for bumpy with all-terrain strollers such as the beach.
- Locking the Wheel in the Front – The model features a locking the front’s wheel which increases the stroller’s stability.
- Adjustable Handlebar – Thanks to the handlebar that is adjustable , the model is perfect for parents of all heights.
- Pricey – Compared to other best strollers for beach sand, this one may feel a bit overpriced. But, its many features and long-lasting nature turn it into a worthwhile long-term investment that will definitely pay off.
- Smooth ride: Suspension system & air filled tires provide an ultra-smooth ride over any terrain
- Perfect fit: Adjustable handlebar creates the perfect fit for parents of all heights; No-rethread harness design for easy height adjustments
- Extra space: 6 storage pockets & extra-large cargo basket provide plenty of room for your gear; Includes a cell phone pocket at the handlebar
#2 Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Stroller
Outperforming many of its peers, this Baby Trend model is an absolute must-have for moms with high expectations (but on a tight budget). Despite the affordability, this stroller checks most of the items we need in a good stroller for the beach.
If these criteria for baby trend expedition sound like you, here’s what you need to know about this top-rated stroller for beach sand.
- Affordable – Compared to many models out there, this one comes at a very reasonable price, accommodating even shoestring budgets.
- Bonus feature: The straps are coated with pads, protecting your little one against skin rashes and friction burns.
- Swiveling the Wheel from the front – Thanks to the front wheel’s swiveling function, you can readily maneuver your way around sunbathers, umbrella stands and anything that may block your path.
- Ample Storage Space– It also has a large basket at the bottom which allows you to store your baby’s stuff with ease.
- Foldable Design– The stroller is also designed to fold, saving you lots of space on beach trips.
- Multi-Position Reclining Seat – The model is equipped with a multi-position reclining seat which could make your munchkin’s trip to the beach all the more comfortable.
- Small Canopy – This beach stroller features a rather small canopy which may keep your baby’s hands exposed to sunlight, especially if she’s a bit older and moves around a lot.
- Large bicycle tires roll effortlessly over all surfaces
- Front swivel wheel for easy maneuvering, locks for jogging. Recommended use: 6 months - 50 pounds or up to 42
- Reclining padded seat with 5 point harness, tether, large canopy and storage basket
#3 Graco FitFold Jogging Stroller
Sporting Graco’s signature one-sec, one-hand fold, this stroller screams “relaxing beach vacay.” This is not surprising, coming from a brand that many parents have come to trust when talking about good, reliable baby strollers.
But, this is just one of its perks. Read on and find out what else the Road Master stroller has in store for you in this baby trend expedition.
- Easy to Use – Thanks to its Fast Action feature, the cruiser is specially designed to fold using just one hand and in (literally) one second.
- Versatility – This best beach stroller can also double as a car seat adapter in one simple move. Specifically, it features a secure one-step attachment which allows you to attach and detach your baby’s car seat adapter on demand.PS: It’s only compatible Graco’s Click Connect models, so pick accordingly.
- Easy-to-Store Design – According to the manufacturer, the stroller takes 20% less space than other Graco models, making it easier for you to carry around on a beach day or during your seaside vacation. On top of that, it’s specially designed to stand when folded for convenient storage.
- Lockable Front Wheel – While it does not have a swiveling front wheel, the front wheel is lockable for increased maneuverability and comfortable ride when travelling on sand. The stroller’s large wheels also add to the overall ease of use.
- Large Underseat Basket – The model also comes with a large, easy-to-access basket which is located below the stroller’s seat.The storage-friendly feature allows you to stash all that beach baby gear and spares you the use of over-sized, super-loaded tote bags.
- Checking the Tires Frequently – The model’s rubber tires especially the tire pump require constant checking to prevent the stroller from heading sideways and messing with your course.
- Graco's most compact folded jogging stroller; folding reduces the size of the stroller by 70%
- Remove the stroller seat for a lightweight, infant car seat carrier for more modes of use
- Graco's signature FastAction one-second, one-hand fold provides the ultimate in convenience for parents on the go
#4 BOB Gear Rambler Jogging Stroller
Another masterpiece by BOB, this beach-friendly stroller is a surefire way to protect your baby jogger against the sun’s harmful UV rays (you can thank the large canopy for that). Sturdy and reliable, what’s not to love about this awesome product from an equally awesome brand?
But, that’s not all. Here are four more reasons why this stroller model is perfect for a relaxing vacay by the sea.
- Multi-Position Recline – Unlike many beach strollers or jogging strollers, this tire pump this one comes with an adjustable recline that reaches a near-flat position. That’s super comfortable for you and your baby.
- Solid Suspension System – Being the true BOB showpiece that it is, this model features a bike-style system suspension which makes all your beach outings smooth as silk.
- Multiple Safety Features – The stroller also comes with a no-rethread harness which makes the whole process much easier even if you use just one hand.It also has a locking front’s wheel, keeping the cruiser from sliding away.Lastly, it boasts a foot-activated parking brake which immobilizes the back wheels when the stroller is idle.
- Large Canopy – It’s also equipped with an extra large UPF 50+ canopy which can keep your little one safe and sound with a comfortable ride even during sun’s peak times.
- Limited Storage Space – The only issue with this stroller is the size of the underseat basket which happens to be a bit small compared to other best strollers for beach sand.
- Smooth ride: Suspension system provides an ultra-smooth ride; Compact, air-filled tires save on trunk space
- Perfect Fit: No-rethread harness design for easy height adjustments as your child grows
- Extra space: Large lowboy cargo basket for spacious storage underneath the stroller seat
#5 Thule Urban Glide 2 Jogging Stroller
Between the sturdy construction and the secure harness system, this stroller model is by far one of the easiest ways to enjoy a smooth ride at the beach among other best strollers for beach sand. Albeit on a pricier side, we think the stroller’s functionality covers for the price tag placed upon it.
Intrigued much? Here’s a detailed list of all the benefits that this Thule stroller has to offer.
- Sun-Proof Canopy – Thanks to its multi position canopy, this beach cruiser is perfect for keeping your little one intact against the ultraviolet sun rays. It also has side ventilation window to keep your baby comfortably ventilated in the seat.
- High Carry Limit – Sporting a carry limit of 75 pounds, this stroller is perfect for babies and toddlers alike.
- Adjustable Handlebar – Great for parents of different heights, the ergonomic handlebar also comes with a twist hand brake for better control of the stroller.
- Sturdy Frame with One Handed Recline – The model’s frame is made of aluminum, a material that is known for lasting a lifetime and then some. Your baby also gets to enjoy some shut-eye during the beach trip with the simple seat recline mechanism.
- Reliable Point Harness – It also comes with a 5-point break-away harness which allows your munchkin to move around a bit but still makes sure she’s safely put during a rocky ride. The traps feature shoulder pads which prevent friction burns and make your baby jogger’s ride much comfier.
- Expensive – Costing more than your average best beach stroller, this model comes at a high price.
- A lightweight, all-terrain stroller perfect for jogging or strolling through town
- Swivel front wheel locks into place for jogging
- Large 16" rear wheels plus suspension for an ultra smooth ride
Considering its multiple safety features (locking wheels/harness), durable suspension system and easy-to-use nature, BOB Revolution Flex 3.0 Jogging Stroller may actually be the Best & Fun Strollers for Beach Sand in our review.
Unlike many beach strollers or jogging strollers , this one is equipped with swiveling the wheel from the front which makes navigating through the sand a breeze.
It also comes with a near-flat recline and a reliable stroller suspension program, giving your baby jogger the chance to relax even if the sandy all-terrain strollers makes things hard for the both of you.
The stroller also features a large canopy with a “peekaboo” window, allowing you to check on your baby jogger while providing her with the sun protection she needs.
That’s a quality many best strollers for beach sand tend to lack.
Lastly, it boasts an accessible 2-step folding design which saves you lots of energy, time, and space.
So, are you ready to gets yours today?
Last update on 2021-07-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API