Forget double the fun, what about triple the fun! Three kids mean three times the love. It also means three times the snacks, drinks, toys, and a stroller large enough to haul everyone and everything around!
Strollers for 3 can be challenging to find. However, when you do find a great triple stroller it can be a lifesaver.
Whether you have triplets or siblings a stroller for three allows you to travel busy streets, maneuver through crowds, and keep a close eye on your children, there are a variety of different three-seat strollers, each with advantages and drawbacks.
We adore The Trio+ (Zoe XL3) as the top triple stroller of the list but we’ll let you judge for yourself!
Let’s take a closer look so you can find the best triple stroller.
Top 8 Awesome Strollers for 3 Kids
If you have triplets, then your hands are more than full. It is likely a huge feat getting everyone out the door and remembering to bring all of their baby gear.
If your children are young, they are likely in a car seat. It is certainly not practical to carry three car seats around. Even if they are walking age, chances are they may not want to walk everywhere all of the time.
And if one of them decides they want a ride it probably won’t be long until their siblings want a stroller ride too. This is why a triple stroller is a must-have rather than a luxury when you have triplets.
Maybe you don’t have triplets, but instead three siblings. Traveling with three kids of different ages is no easy task either. When visiting the zoo, the park, or even just going for a walk around the block, it is almost certain that one child (or maybe all three!) will want to go for a ride. Sometimes, you may simply want to keep your children close, and strollers for 3 are the most practical way to do that.
Depending on your family, you may need a triple stroller that can accommodate three car seats. You might want a triple stroller with three child seats.
Or, you could need a stroller that has a car seat, a child seat, and a sit and stand option.
But finding the right stroller goes beyond the seat types. There are a few other things you should consider when browsing through strollers for 3 little ones.
You already know how many seats you need for strollers for 3, and you’ve settled with the fact that the size will probably be large. Now, consider these other features.
Three kids along for the ride means you need triple the safety. Each child seat should have a harness or a belt. Triple strollers will inevitably be heavier and can be difficult to control, especially when going downhill.
Therefore, a good braking system can be important. Safety is vital to traveling with your precious little ones.
Types of Seating.
3 kid strollers can have many different types of seating. Some can accommodate three infant car seats. Others have three child seats. And further still some models may have a ride-along option for an older child. This can include a bench seat, a rumble seat, or even a standing board.
What type of seating you need will depend on the age and maturity of your children. Those with triplets will probably want a stroller with three of the same types of seats. A family with siblings can use a stroller that has a variety of seat types for children of different ages.
Type of Stroller.
When it comes to a stroller for three kids, you have options. You can choose from a triple stroller side by side, a front to back (tandem) model or even a stroller that takes its design cues from a wagon.
Some models of strollers will be a frame stroller in which you can add attachments to make it a triple stroller, while others are designed to be permanently used as a triple stroller. Similar to seating options, the type of strollers for 3 you decide on depends on the ages of your children.
Many triple strollers still have a handful of comfort and convenience features though they may not be as abundant. Triple strollers are already quite bulky. Because of this, manufacturers usually pare down the extra options.
Still, you can often find a stroller with a canopy, a reclining seat, storage options, and sometimes even children’s trays.
Fitting your stroller into your trunk will be a task. And you can forget about carrying it with you on the bus or plane. Nevertheless, some strollers for 3 models are lighter and more compact than others. This is especially true with frame strollers.
If portability is important to you, look for a lightweight and streamlined stroller with a minimal number of features.
Finding for the ideal choice among the different strollers for 3 kids doesn’t have to be a tough battle. These are some of the great picks we have come across that may fit your family of three little ones:
#1 Foundations Triple Sport 3-Seat Folding Tandem Stroller
First up is the Foundations Triple Sport 3-Seat Folding Tandem Stroller, a great triple tandem stroller for a great price. This stroller is excellent for triplets once they are old enough to ride without their infant car seat, provided your children are close in size and age. Each one of these three seats can accommodate a child weighing up to 40 pounds.
Each seat is plush and padded, complete with a five-point harness. Each child seat also has a canopy to protect delicate skin from the sun. The seats are front to back, instead of side by side. This makes the stroller exceptionally narrow and easy to fit through doorways. Large rubberized wheels help it to traverse a variety of terrains and make it easy to maneuver.
The linked braking system allows you to quickly stop your stroller, a great safety feature. Parents will also love the humongous lower storage basket and the included parent cup holder. The entire thing folds up surprisingly compact, perfect for smaller trunks.
- Three reclining child seats
- Includes parent cup holder
- Narrow design
- Easy-clean performance fabrics
- Three separate canopies
- No footrests for back and the middle seat
- No one-handed fold
#2 Baby Jogger City Mini GT2 Double Stroller + the Baby Jogger Glider Board
Next up is the Baby Jogger City Mini GT2 Double Stroller + Baby Jogger Glider Board. Awesome for children of different ages, this a durable stroller that will last you throughout all of your kids’ childhoods.
The double stroller has two spacious child seats. Each one has comfortable padding, a five-point safety harness, and an extra deep canopy. Both seats can recline nearly flat, perfect for taking a nap on-the-go.
If you have an infant or two with a toddler, this side by side double stroller has got you covered that can turn into a triplet stroller! Both child seats can accommodate an infant car seat with the included adapters. Affix the glider board to the back and your toddler has a safe and comfortable place to stand, making it as good as any other strollers for 3 in the market.
The all-wheel suspension, durable rubber tires, and sturdy design make this a stroller that will suit everyone from infant and beyond!
- Removable glider board
- Quick fold mechanism
- Accepts infant seats
- Adjustable parent handlebar for tall parents
- Board has non-slip surface
- Storage space not large enough
- No self-standing fold
- Forever air rubber tires with all-wheel suspension provide uncompromised agility on any terrain
- Lift both in-seat straps and the City Mini GT2 Double Stroller folds itself quickly and easily
- Adjustable handlebar and hand-operated parking brake provide comfortable steering and control
#3 Joovy Big Caboose Graphite Triple Stroller
If you have twins and a toddler, consider the Joovy Big Caboose Graphite Triple Stroller. Though it has the word big in the name, this is a compact stroller that can nicely fit all three of your children. The front to back child seats can both attach to an infant car seat. As your child ages, these seats suit children from 6 months to 40 pounds.
Big brother or sister can ride along too with the option of the rear bench seat or rear standing platform. Each holding up to 45 pounds. Both child seats have a large canopy. The rear canopy is big enough to cover the toddler bench seat and/or standing board.
Other comfort features include child trays, optional two-position recline, adjustable footrest, and a large lower storage basket. The extra light frame makes this a cozy yet maneuverable triple stroller.
- Only weighs 32.3lbs for a triple stroller
- Choice of toddler bench or riding board
- Multiple ways to ride (child seat, bench, car seat adapter)
- Includes child trays with cup holders
- Durable spill-resistant fabric
- Trays and visors must be removed for compact fold
- Very long
- Two front seats accommodate children 6+ months and up to 40 lbs, or from birth+ with car seat adapters (included)
- Rear bench seat and standing platform accommodates a child from 2.5+ years and up to 45 lbs
- Great for twins, twins + toddler, triplets, or three young children, max weight 125 lbs. Material is 300D polyester
#4 The Trio+ (Zoe XL3)
Moving on to The Trio+ (Zoe XL3), a lightweight triple stroller that active parents are sure to love! This stroller has a truly unique design with two child seats in the back and one in the front forming a triangular shape. This makes it easy to turn and steer compared to many other strollers for 3 children.
The best part is that it is incredibly light with both pieces weighing just 30 pounds. It is Disney approved and ready to travel!
Each child seat has comfy padding, a harness, a bumper bar, and a shady canopy. Lower storage baskets provide enough room for each child’s belongings.
This stroller is also incredibly versatile. It can separate to be used as a double stroller, or another seat can be added to make it a quad. It epitomizes the definition of growing with your family.
- Lightweight and Disney approved
- Expandable to a quad
- Easy flat fold
- Air travel approved
- Quick on/off third seat
- Front seat cannot recline much
- No calf support
- SMART DESIGN - This Disney approved stroller grows with your family, expands from a triple to a quad stroller with an add-on seat (sold separately), and can be reduced to a double when kiddo number one outgrows the need.
- LIGHTWEIGHT - The Trio+ triple stroller weighs only 30 lbs and has an 18-inch seatback. Additionally, this light stroller can be carried over your shoulder with a carry strap.
- COMPACT FOLD - Made with high-quality construction, Zoe’s smartly designed triple stroller fits in car trunks and can be folded with ease.
#5 WONDERFOLD W4 4 Seater Multi-Function Quad Stroller Wagon
Just because you have more than two children, doesn’t mean they shouldn’t have a comfortable ride! The WONDERFOLD W4 4 Seater Multi-Function Quad Stroller Wagon can comfortably fit not just three but four children! Resembling more of a wagon than a stroller, it provides a cozy space for everyone.
It is heavy-duty, accommodating up to 300 pounds in total. Four child seats, each with their own harness, face each other. They are positioned high enough to give occupants a great view of their surroundings. Overhead the ginormous canopy provides shade for the whole wagon.
Complete with storage, zippered doors, easy out seats, and a linked braking system, you can safely take along all your children or luggage. Its unique design allows the wagon to fold in itself, collapsing in just seconds. This may be the only piece of traveling equipment you will ever need!
- Four child seats
- Seats are removable
- Heavy-duty wheels with suspension
- User friendly push handle
- Ventilated mesh sides
- No infant seat adapters
- Child seats don’t recline
- GREAT FOR OUTDOORS – Baby bags. Booster seats. Strollers. Sometimes, taking our little ones on the go with us is nearly impossible! Luckily, our heavy-duty WonderFold Multi-Function Four Passenger Wagon is travel-friendly and carries up to 300 pounds. With high face to face seats, this stroller wagon holds up to 4 toddlers and makes it easy to take the entire family to the park, beach, campsite, and more!
- DURABLE & COLLAPSIBLE – Our user-friendly design makes this wagon easily foldable with minimal assembly required. The one-step folding design allows you to fold and store your WonderFold Wagon in seconds. All seats can be easily removed to transform the stroller wagon into a utility wagon perfect for sports equipment, camping gear, and luggage.
- SAFETY HARNESS AND PUSH HANDLE – Our wagon is designed with 5-point safety harnesses, a front zipper door for children's easy access, and a deep carriage with mesh panels for increased ventilation. When little ones are in the basket, the user-friendly push handle makes it easy to keep an eye on them while you're on the move.
#6 Valco Baby Tri Mode Duo X All Terrain Double Stroller (2016)
If ease of use is high on your priority list, check out the Valco Baby Tri Mode Duo X All Terrain Double Stroller (2016).
Its child seats are the ultimate in comfort, big enough for a toddler but also suitable for an infant thanks to the head hugger supports. The toddler X seat addition makes room for three! If you are looking for a luxury yet highly maneuverable triple stroller for infant and toddler, this will fit the bill.
Padded seats, bumper bars, and harness straps keep children snug. The extra extend canopies and rain cover shelter them from the elements. The adjustable footrests keep little legs from getting tired.
This stroller gets its maneuverability from its low profile all-terrain 10-inch air tires. Coupled with its sporty design this stroller gives a smooth ride while making navigating a breeze. It folds up effortlessly and the auto-lock keeps it from coming undone in storage. This is a top choice for on-the-go families.
- All-terrain stroller air-filled tires
- Adjustable handlebar
- Nearly flat fold
- Includes rain shield
- Removable infant head supports
- No child trays
- Seat harnesses are difficult to rethread
- 2016 Redesign of the Twin Tri Mode Double Stroller - NEW fold, smaller footprint, adjustable footrests, auto lock
- Double Stroller converts to a Triple stroller with the X Toddler Seat (purchased seperately)
- Large, roomy, comfortable seats for two or three children. Perfect for twins & a toddler or three little ones.
#7 UPPABaby Vista V2 Stroller + PiggyBack Ride-Along Board
Next up is the UPPABaby Vista V2 Stroller + PiggyBack Ride-Along Board. If you are expecting a new addition soon, take the time to review this expandable stroller. The child seats have excellent convenience features, making the stroller a joy to use.
A no-rethread harness means you can effortlessly adjust the strap’s shoulder height as your child grows. The high back and deep footrest should accommodate them for a long while. The seats fully recline, but if you have an infant that needs to lie down, you can use the bassinet attachment.
The piggyback ride-along board snaps on and off in seconds. It gives your toddler or older child a secure place to ride. The non-skid surface is safe and ideal for children weighing up to 55 pounds. You can also get a separate MESA Infant Car Seat to completely equip the travel system for your babies.
From one to two, to three, this stroller will be a part of your family for years.
- Includes bassinet
- Rear or forward-facing child seat
- Non-slip ride-along board
- Available in six colors
- One-handed recline
- Have to remove the seat to fold
- Enjoy a softer ride pushing one child (or three!) over any ground surface thanks to a new spring-action all-wheel suspension and slightly softer tires.
- Extended canopies on the toddler seat and RumbleSeat accessory include zip out fabric that provide even more shade from the sun. Mesh panels also make it easy to peek in while adding airflow.
- A higher back and deeper foot rest on the toddler seat provide added comfort for growing children
#8 Peg Perego Triplette Piroet Stroller
Finally, is the Peg Perego Triplette Piroet Stroller. This luxury stroller can be well worth the investment. There are so many ways to ride. But, no matter how your little one sits, they can cruise in comfort with the plush child seats.
Three supremely padded child seats sit one in front of the other, making this stroller very narrow. Each seat has an extendable canopy, adjustable calf support, an adjustable harness, and a padded bumper bar. They can face a variety of directions, allowing your little ones to face you, each other, or outwards.
The reclining seats are ideal for children aged infant to 45 pounds. The lightweight chassis is easy to steer and fold. It can accept your infant car seats, no adapters necessary. The humongous lower basket allows you to bring along your diaper bag, or all three diaper bags!
If you are searching for a luxury triple stroller with car seat or even three car seats, this is it!
- Multi-directional child seats
- Accepts car seats
- Variety of comfort features
- Soft-ride ball bearing wheels
- Rear wheel toe-touch brakes
- Extremely expensive
- No parent tray or cup holder
- Includes Chassis & Stroller Seats
- Travel System Compatible - no adapters necessary
- Many different configurations
You have your hands full with three, we understand, that is why we hope this guide made your life a little easier! To simplify things, we have settled on The Trio+ (Zoe XL3) as the top triple stroller.
It is easy to use, has a comfortable and intuitive design, and can expand with your growing family. Its versatility and adaptability are unsurpassed, making traveling with three little ones just a bit less hectic!
What do you think of our list of top strollers for 3 kids? If you enjoy reading our piece, do share it with friends and family!
Last update on 2020-11-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API