As parents with small kids, a good, high-quality stroller is perhaps the second most important gear after our car that we need to have when we go out with our children. It removes the hassle of having to hold our baby all the time.
And, trust me, there’s nothing more frustrating that pushing a wobbly, unstable, and stiff stroller!
Hence, I have come up with this Summer Infant 3D Lite Convenience Stroller Review to present to you one of my favorite strollers ever – the Summer Infant 3D Lite Stroller Black. The frustration factor I mentioned earlier, you won’t experience it!
- Things to Consider Before Buying a Stroller for Your Kid
- How to Buy a Stroller?
- Introducing – Summer Infant 3DLite Convenience Stroller, Black
- Features and Benefits
- Alternatives – Other Top Strollers for You to Choose
- The Conclusion
Lightweight yet rugged, anti-rust and robust aluminum frame, highly portable, easy to fold and push, excellent handling, affordable price.
The wheels tend to jam, the canopy is not of a full-head coverage, the seat is too low to the ground
An excellent go-to stroller for traveling and commuting
- LIGHTWEIGHT – A lightweight stroller makes any outing a little easier. The Summer 3Dlite Convenience Stroller has a durable aluminum frame that weighs just 13 pounds and has a large seat area, plus anti-shock front wheels and lockable rear wheels.
- FOR TRAVEL AND EVERYDAY – Whether you’re traveling or just on the go running everyday errands, having a lightweight, compact stroller is a must. With this one easy to use stroller, you’ll have both an everyday and travel stroller option.
- 4-POSITION RECLINE – Keep your little one comfortable and safe at all times with the 4 position recline and 5 point safety harness. Maximum weight and height of child for this toddler stroller: 50 pounds and 43 inches.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Stroller for Your Kid
Summer Infant 3D Lite Convenience Stroller is a four-wheeled umbrella stroller. It is ideal for you if you need something that is versatile. You can use it for your 6-month old baby and up to several ages.
Plus, it is also very portable, just like the travel system stroller. It is a brilliant long-term investment, which is why I considered it as one of the 5 best lightweight strollers (read our article in this Babyjourney.net website)!
However, it might not be ideal if you are planning to use it while jogging in the park. Since the size is compact, it might also not suitable for bigger kids.
How to Buy a Stroller?
Now, you might think buying a stroller is easy. But, without the right knowledge on how to choose a stroller, you might end up with a wrong purchase.
To avoid that, I have prepared for you a short but precise list of things to consider before you start buying a stroller for your precious little kid.
- Suit your purpose – the stroller you are looking to purchase should fit well with your lifestyle. There are many types of strollers out there – single, double, joggers, buggy, combo, and travel system – and each one serves different purposes. Know how you are going to use it will help you to make the right purchase.
- Materials and weight – The stroller should also be robust, anti-rust, and built to last. At the same time, it should be lightweight so that it will be easy for you to carry it around.
- Steering performance – Remember me talking about the stiff stroller? You don’t want that! A high-quality stroller must be smooth and easy to steer and maneuver (which you can expect from Summer Infant 3D Lite Stroller Black!)
- Safety features – This is the biggest criteria that I always look for when buying a new stroller and I think you should make it your priority too. The stroller should provide a 5-point harness, anti-shock wheels, and well-functioning brakes that are easy for you to access.
- Extra offerings – It is always nice to have some bells and whistles. Some of the additional features on strollers that are nice to have are ample storage, bottle/cup holders, adjustable handles, reclining seats, large sun canopy, and foldable frame.
Introducing – Summer Infant 3DLite Convenience Stroller, Black
Summer Infant 3D Lite is a single-type umbrella stroller that offers high portability and easy handling when you go for a quick trip to town or on a family road trip. The four most
excellent features on this stroller that I think you will appreciate is its super sturdy aluminum frame, lightweight shell, good security, and premium comfort.
This model is the big brother of another model GoLite Convenience Stroller, that is lighter and with fewer extra features. Compared to GoLite, the 3DLite features better anti-shock wheels.
It also comes with enhanced materials like foamed carry strap, as well as offered in wider color options. For example, Summer Infant 3D Lite Convenience Stroller Hibiscus Pink and Summer Infant 3DLite Convenience Stroller Caribbean Blue. This model has also been upgraded for easy folding.
The 3D Lite Convenience Stroller is perfect for you if you need a stroller that you can fold and carry with a single hand and at the same time, provide the comfort and safety for your child, thanks to the protective frame and well-padded seat.
- Super sturdy when folded and opened
- Offers multiple recline positions including horizontal flat
- Big sun visor and storage
- Folding and collapsing auto-lock accessible with one hand
- Travel friendly
- Durable and light aluminum frame
- Well-padded 5-point harness straps
- The seat is too low as your child’s long feet might touch the ground
- The wheels can jam sometimes
- The folding and releasing can be a bit squeaky
- The folding lock tend to break after a while
- Durable and light aluminum frame
- The wheels can jam sometimes
- The folding and releasing can be a bit squeaky
Features and Benefits
In this Summer Infant 3D Lite Review, I will share with you some of the features and the benefits it can provide to you. Read and digest them so that you can make a well-informed purchase decision!
Styles and Design
Having a stylish stroller does not hurt, especially for a cool mom like you. The Summer Infant 3D Lite Umbrella Stroller has a premium look that does not reveal its affordable price at all (it costs less than $50!).
I like the silver and black combination as it looks minimalist and clean. The design seems to be well-thought too. The company has ensured that you can access the auto-lock and wheel’s brake easily.
Plus, the opening of the storage slot is wide enough, comfortable for you to put and retrieve items from it. Check out this preview video on YouTube to learn more about its style and design.
This lightweight stroller also does not forget about the comfort of your baby. The seat is soft and padded. Your son can sit inside it as you fix the recline position to his liking – well-strapped at the shoulder and crotch while at that.
When you research a good stroller, you will see that most of the tips will point you to choosing a stroller with a sturdy frame. It is the quality that you can find in this 3DLite umbrella stroller.
The steel frame feels very robust. The aluminum material helps to keep the stroller light. So, as a mom who needs to go out to town with a small child, this stroller makes your job easier!
I also find the quality of the seat to be very satisfying. The fabric is thick, and the linen is neat. You can see that the company has put some love in designing the seat for your son’s comfort sake.
- Durable, 12 pound frame with large seat area, multi-position recline, and 5-point safety harness
- Front swivel anti-shock wheels and lockable rear wheels
- Adjustable and removable canopy
So, how secure it is for your baby or older child to sit inside this Summer Infant 3D Lite Stroller Black?
From the reviews, most of the parents attested how happy and safe their children are when sitting inside this stroller.
They find the 5-point harness on this model able to serve its function. It is long enough to strap your big son up to 3-height positions.
The straps also enclose your child well on his shoulders and crotch. He will not flip forward in case you hit a bumpy surface while pushing the stroller.
The shock-absorbent wheels ensure your child to experience a soft and smooth ride. In case you are parking it on a downhill road, the swivel lock will ensure you not lose any control of the stroller.
Maneuvering and Handling Performance
If I should rate the handling performance, the 3DLite will receive 4 out of 5 points. And, this is already excellent for such $50-worth of a stroller!
Two things that will affect the smooth handling of a stroller, which are the wheels and the handle.
Although some users have complained about the jammed wheels, the unfaulty model should not have such problem. So, it will be effortless for you to push it around as it is not too tight or stiff. You can maneuver left and right smoothly.
As for the handle, I love how it comes with a contoured foam handle that is also adjustable. At 5 feet 5 inches, the stroller fits well to my height.
If you happen to be taller, you can increase the height to avoid tired hands or hurt back after several hours of pushing.
There are so many bonus features for you to enjoy if you purchase this Summer Infant 3D Lite. Some of the Summer 3D Lite Stroller accessories are below basket compartment, closure pocket, footrest, carry strap, and a UV canopy that also repels rain.
With the carry strap, you can tote it around on your shoulder like a bag as you commute via car, bus, subway train, or airplane!
If there is one thing that I wish this 3DLite model could do is that it could stand on its own when it is in a folding mode. The current version, unfortunately, does not stand when folded.
Alternatives – Other Top Strollers for You to Choose
Baby Trend Rocket Lightweight Stroller
Like 3dLite, Baby Trend Rocket has 5-point harness, foot-operatable parking brake, canopy, and the minimalist all-black design. At 13 pounds, it is slightly heavier than the 12-pound 3DLite model. As for the price, it is about similar at $49.99. But keep in mind that it has no reclining positions, and the basket and canopy are smaller than the ones on 3DLite.
- Comfort-grip handle and parent organizer tray
- Dual foot activated parking brake and a parent organizer with 2 cup holders
- Large canopy and basket; Baby trend rocket stroller will accommodate your growing child up to 50 pounds
Chicco Capri Stroller, Tangerine
Chicco Capri is another great alternative because it offers a carry strap when folded in a golf-bag style. At 11 pounds, it is another travel-friendly stroller that you can tow with you as your travel with your child. It also comes with a reclining seat into two positions and the suspension on the wheels ensure a smooth ride for your toddler. It is slightly more expensive than 3DLite at $80.
- Lightweight, aluminum frame, only 11 pounds. Open Dimensions: 31.75L x 18.75H x 40.25W inches, Folded Dimensions: 10.2L x 8.07H x 45.5W inches, Front wheel diameter: 5.75 inches, Rear wheel diameter: 5.75 inches.
- Rounder, roomier canopy, adjustable and removable;Storage basket
- All wheel suspension and front wheel swivel locks, take it . Fashionable carry bag and carry strap, easy to transport
Graco Breaze Click Connect Stroller
Graco Breaze Click Connect is a premium umbrella stroller that you can consider. The steel frame is durable, and the padded and spacious seat provide comfort to your baby. The front-swivel wheels allow you to push and turn it around efficiently. If you need a travel-friendly stroller that is compatible with infant car seat, then I recommend you to buy this model!
Black steel with padded cushion
Anodized aluminum frame
Steel frame with thick fabric
Excellent with soft wheels
Superb with suspension on wheels
Good with front-swivel wheels
5-point harness, dual foot parking brakes
Padded 5-point harness
UV canopy, 3- or 5-point harness
Tall handle, parent tray, large storage
2-position recline seat, adjustable canopy, carry strap
Car seat compatibility, removable cup holder, flat seat position
When you have a small baby, and you need to travel or commute with your child, you need a reliable, portable and light stroller. It should be foldable into a compact size so that you can fit it in your car trunk.
Plus, you also need a smooth and easy-to-push stroller without stiff and rigid wheels. The stroller should also come with a padded cushion so that your kid can sit inside it comfortably. The strap should hold your child firmly and securely in the seat with the 5-point belt.
You can get all these elements on the Summer Infant 3D Lite umbrella stroller! Plus, the price will not break your bank account as you can buy it in the range of price between $45 to $90 for a new one.
Why purchase premium and expensive strollers when you can get similar features and experience at a fraction of a cost? So, check it out on Amazon to buy it!
Last update on 2022-01-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API