Summer Infant makes a plethora of great baby monitors. Many of them are affordable, reliable, and parent-friendly. It can be hard to choose the best Summer Infant baby monitor for your family!
That is why we have researched many Summer Infant baby monitor reviewsto provide you with the ultimate Summer baby monitor review.We will cover what features make an outstanding monitor and take a closer look at the top six Summer baby monitors.
Here’s our top picks:
- Best Overall: Summer Baby Pixel Cadet Video Baby Monitor
- Best Budget: Summer Glimpse Plus Video Baby Monitor
- Best for Twins: Summer Pure HD 4.5” Color Video Baby Monitor
- Best Design: Summer Baby Pixel Zoom HD Video Baby Monitor
- Best for Travel: Summer Lookout 5” LCD Video Baby Monitor
- Best for Older Children: Summer Wide View 2.0 Baby Video Monitor
Summer Infant is a well-known brand when it comes to infant and child care products. They have been around for nearly three decades. In that time, they have crafted products that are intuitive, user-friendly, and budget-friendly.
Their pioneering designs, like the Summer Infant Explore Monitor and the Summer Infant Panorama Video Baby Monitor, offered some great never before seen features. Since then, they have continued to redesign and upgrade their Summer baby products with parents in mind.
Many of the Summer baby brand monitors are digital or non-wifi monitors, which is great because they are very secure and unlikely to be hacked. They connect to a digital parent unit and typically have a range that covers most homes.
There is a Summer baby monitor app for their internet-connected cameras though. These monitors use encryption to guard against hacking. They are a great option for parents who want to view their child from outside their home.
Both camera types come with some awesome features for parents, including remote camera operation, SleepZone technology, and remote comfort options. Whether you are looking for a digital or wireless connection, we recommend considering the following items.
First is the Summer Lookout 5” LCD Video Baby Monitor. This camera may be petite but it is powerful. It includes automatic night vision, digital zoom, and a wide-angle view. Aside from letting you see and hear your child, you can also monitor the temperature of the room.
If you are looking for a handy baby monitor that you can bring along in your travels, this is the model for you.
The 5-inch parent monitor provides you with a clear picture, the ability to talk to your child, and LED light noise indications. Because it is a digital system, hacking is nearly impossible.
- Camera includes presto-mount (no holes or tools needed)
- System is expandable up to four cameras
- Long monitoring range up to 1000 feet
- Includes camera stand for non-wall use
- Can auto-scan between cameras
- No lullaby feature
- No remote pan or tilt
- ADDED PEACE OF MIND - When baby sleeps well, the whole family sleeps well! The Summer LookOut 5” LCD Video Baby Monitor brings a greater level of safety & peace of mind right into the hands of parents, so everyone sleeps better.
- NO HOLE MOUNTING: Get the best view of your baby without damaging your freshly painted nursery wall. The LookOut Baby Monitor with PrestoMount provides a no-hole, no tools, easy wall mounting solution.
- BETTER VIEW OF BABY – This versatile camera can be mounted on the wall, placed on a dresser, or used on the go. Easily adjust it in any direction to get the perfect view of baby. Plus, the 5” handheld monitor has temp display and up to 1,000-ft range.
The Summer Baby Pixel Zoom HD Video Baby Monitor is a great camera for children age infant and beyond. It has a variety of high-tech features, such as Moonlite night vision that provides a temporary clear, in-color view of your child even in the dark.
Using the parent monitor you can pan left and right, tilt up and down, and even use the six-level zoom to achieve the perfect picture. A virtual sleep boundary will notify you should your child cross the set perimeter.
The ability to play lullabies or white noise, two-way talk with your baby, and set the parent unit to power saving mode are just a few additional features that make this camera amazing.
- Expandable up to four cameras
- SleepZone boundary detection
- Includes tabletop and wall mount
- 5-inch HD picture on parent unit
- Remote camera steering
- Extremely sensitive to sound/background noise
- Cannot disable VOX mode when unplugged
- CLEARER NIGHTTIME VIEWS – Not just a baby monitor with camera, our HD Moonlite Night Vision Boost subtly illuminates the camera’s viewing area for a clearer, temporary, in-color view of baby in the dark. No more struggling to see your little one at night!
- SET A VIRTUAL BOUNDARY – Have an escape artist on your hands? With SleepZone Virtual Boundary, you can ease sleep time worries and set a boundary box around a selected area. You’ll be alerted on the video monitor when your child exits their safe space.
- BETTER VIEW OF BABY – The remote camera steering pans left to right and tilts up and down, for a perfect view! Plus, the 5-inch HD picture (720p) handheld monitor has temperature/time display, 6-level zoom, wall mount hardware and up to 800-ft range. Wipe camera lens with microfiber or clean, damp cloth
The Summer Baby Pixel Cadet Video Baby Monitor is a great compact system. The small camera is easy to mount or use with its stand on any flat surface.
You don’t have to worry about finding the best view because you can remotely steer the camera to find the optimum angle. Its internal night vision means there are no external lights to wake up your child. Day or night you can achieve a crystal clear view.
The overall impressive quality plus the expandability in this baby monitor have definitely won us over. Check out this guide on Summer Baby Pixel Cadet for an in-depth look at the baby monitor!
- 1000-foot range
- Internal night vision
- SleepZone technology
- Two-way talk and lullaby capable
- Expandable up to four cameras
- Short battery life
- Night vision may be slightly grainy at dusk/dawn
- ADDED PEACE OF MIND - When baby sleeps well, the whole family sleeps well! The Summer Baby Pixel Cadet Video Baby Monitor brings a greater level of peace of mind right into the hands of parents, so everyone sleeps better.
- SET A VIRTUAL BOUNDARY – With SleepZone Virtual Boundary, you can set a boundary box around a selected area and be alerted on the video monitor when your child exits their safe space. You can also purchase more cameras to monitor up to 4 rooms total.
- BETTER VIEW OF BABY – The remote camera steering pans left to right and tilts up and down, so you always have the perfect view! Plus, the 4.3” handheld monitor has temperature display, 3-level zoom, wall mount hardware and up to 1,000-ft range.
An upgrade from the original Summer Glimpse baby monitor, the Summer Glimpse Plus Video Baby Monitor packs in the features while remaining budget-friendly. A 3.5-inch screen keeps the parent unit compact and portable.
You can take it almost anywhere, even into your yard thanks to the 1000-foot range. The adjustable swivel camera can be placed on a flat surface or mounted.
Its remote zoom helps you to get the best view of your little one. From the parent unit, you can also adjust the brightness, talk to your child, view the room temp, and more. This is a Summer Infant baby monitor that gives you a huge bang for your buck.
- Compact for portability
- Range up to 1000 feet
- Color LED light sound indicators
- Power-saving VOX mode
- Tabletop or wall mountable
- No remote pan or tilt
- Cannot play lullabies or white noise
- ADDED PEACE OF MIND - When baby sleeps well, the whole family sleeps well! The Summer Glimpse Plus Video Baby Monitor brings a greater level of peace of mind right into the hands of parents, so everyone sleeps better.
- COLOR LCD VIDEO DISPLAY SCREEN – This video monitor has an LCD color screen with automatic black and white night vision and a 3.5-inch display screen. Plus, room temperature display, remote digital zoom, two-way talk-back to baby and up to 1,000-ft range.
- BETTER VIEW OF BABY – The baby monitor with camera has an adjustable/swivel camera design that allows for optimal positioning for tabletop or wall-mounting, plus remote digital zoom so you can get a better view of baby with the press of one button.
Next up is the Summer Pure HD 4.5” Color Video Baby Monitor. This monitor has a 4.5-inch color LCD screen that can auto-scan between cameras. When you expand your system, you can hear and see each child for a few seconds before the unit moves to the next camera.
It is great for twins or siblings. Along with the auto-scan feature, the parent unit allows you to talk to your baby, turn on lullabies, and adjust the camera. Monitoring two cheeky little ones is made easier with this!
- Auto-scan up to four cameras
- Sound activated LED color lights
- Remote camera steering
- Quick and easy set up
- Cannot turn off VOX mode when unplugged
- Wall mount could be more secure
- ADDED PEACE OF MIND - When baby sleeps well, the whole family sleeps well! The Summer Pure HD 4.5” Color Video Baby Monitor brings a greater level of safety & peace of mind right into the hands of parents, so everyone sleeps better.
- BETTER VIEW OF BABY – The digital image steering lets you remotely steer within the image on the screen to view baby’s entire room. Plus, the 4.5” HD handheld monitor screen has temperature display, 3-level zoom with 12x more pixels, & up to 800-ft range.
- SOOTHE BABY– If baby wakes during the night, the video on/off technology auto-wakes the screen, so you can see your little one. Plus,night vision gives you a clear view. Soothe baby back to sleep with the two-way talk back, lullabies, & white noise.
Finally, we have the Summer Wide View 2.0 Baby Video Monitor, an awesome pick when you want to monitor an entire room. The wide-angle lens can allow you to easily watch your children playing or see the entire crib while your baby sleeps.
The 5-inch LCD video displayed on the parent unit doesn’t compromise the wide-angle. Other awesome features include a remote-controlled camera nightlight, two-way talk, and remote zoom.
We think this is a great option for older children, especially when they become more active and move about the house more. A baby monitor that gives you a wide field view will save you from guessing what they’re up to next, be it during the day or at night.
- Remote controlled night light
- Wide-angle shows up to 4x more area
- Expandable up to 3 cameras
- Large 5-inch LCD screen
- Easy to mount
- Poor night vision compared to other Summer monitors
- Short battery life
- Wide angle lens video camera with digital zoom
- 5.0" high resolution color LCD video display, with black and white automatic night vision; 800-ft. range
- 100% digital technology for privacy and security
No Summer Infant monitor review would be complete without a guide on what features to look out for. Here are our top considerations when searching for a Summer baby camera and monitor.
Parent units with larger displays are often clearer, especially when viewing a split-screen. You want a display screen that allows you to toggle through options in a user-friendly manner, such the volume, the brightness, scan cameras, and more. The screen is your window to your baby (via the camera), making it one of the most important considerations.
The video on the screen is only as good as the camera quality. Some cameras have great quality 24/7 while others may do better in daylight than in the darker hours. When reading a Summer Infant review watch out for words like grainy or blurry, which could indicate low quality.
Other factors concerning quality are the camera’s ability to zoom, tilt, and pan. Thankfully, if your Summer Infant camera does encounter issues, there is likely a simple fix so you won’t be stuck wondering “how do I reset my Summer baby monitor?”.
Many of these monitors have great sound clarity as good as any audio-only baby monitor. If anything, the cameras are a little too good at picking up sound and may alert you to background noise. Still, it is important to hear even the slightest rustle in your baby’s room, so look for monitors that excel at noise detection.
Alarms & Alerts.
It is standard for baby monitors to alert parents to noise. But other alarms and alerts are important too. Low battery alerts can prevent your monitor from shutting down at inopportune times. Out of range alerts can help prevent you from losing signal. Some monitors may even be able to alert you to motion and perimeter detection.
Two-way audio is extremely helpful when it comes to comforting your child without having to physically enter their room. It is very beneficial when you are sleep training. However, it isn’t standard on all monitors so be sure to review the specifications.
Night vision in monitors is pretty run-of-the-mill these days. Although some cameras perform better than others in dim light settings. Also, consider how the night vision works. Some cameras use infrared while others can have external lights that may disrupt your child’s sleep.
If you choose a WiFi camera you won’t have to worry about range. WiFi monitors can be viewed with a device and an app from nearly anywhere. Digital monitors rely on the range. Sometimes cameras may say they have a long-range, but remember this is barrier-free. The walls and obstructions in your house can decrease the camera’s range.
Not all monitors are expandable. However, if you have twins or need to monitor two rooms or more, being able to pair extra cameras is important. Look for a monitor system that is expandable and that has a split-screen mode or scan mode.
Power Saving Mode.
Most parents use their baby monitor for long stretches, especially at night. Therefore, you may want a power saving mode that can prolong the life of your battery.
Things like VOX mode, or voice activation power turn off the screen to preserve battery. When noise is detected they automatically turn the screen back on. They also allow you to hear all sounds in your child’s room without the brightness of the screen.
The Top Summer Infant Baby Monitors
Summer Infant makes some great, affordable baby monitors. However, there can only be one winner.
Our pick for best overall is the Summer Baby Pixel Cadet Video Baby Monitor. This system has many great features including smart SleepZone technology, remote camera steering, and numerous alert types. It can even be expanded up to four cameras so you can watch multiple children simultaneously.
What’s your top Summer Infant baby monitor pick? Let us know in the comments below and share the Summer baby monitor buzz with your friends and family who may need this guide!
Want more? Check out our thoughts on the battle of Summer Infant vs Motorola baby monitor.
Last update on 2021-05-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API