Travel can be twice the fun if you have the best stroller for your two little ones on the market! Whether you have twins, siblings, or even just your little one and their bestie, a double stroller makes it easy and efficient to keep everyone safe and content while on the go.
While two may be twice the fun, it is also twice the work. Sometimes having a place for each child to sit back and relax while you navigate busy farmer’s markets or crowded sidewalks is the best solution.
Because we parents know, even though our “big” kids like to walk, sometimes it just isn’t practical and the novelty only lasts so long. Before you know it, you will need a double stroller guide at least and will be searching through many double stroller reviews on the hunt for the best one.
Thankfully, we have a guide to help you out and it includes our top pick, the BOB Revolution Flex Duallie – read on to find out why!
- A Double Stroller or Two Single Strollers?
- The Many Types of Double Strollers
- Top Double Strollers For you
- #1 BOB Revolution Flex Duallie
- #2 Thule Urban Glide 2 Double Jogger
- #3 Baby Jogger City Mini GT2 Double Stroller
- #4 Graco Ready2Grow LX 2.0 Double Stroller
- #5 The Twin+ (Zoe XL2)
- #6 Evenflo Pivot Xplore All-Terrain Stroller Wagon
- #7 Bugaboo Donkey3 Mono Complete Stroller
- #8 Joovy Scooter X2
- #9 Mountain Buggy Nano Duo Buggy
- #10 Delta Children LX Stroller
- #11 Evenflo Pivot Xpand Double
- #12 Baby Trend Sit N Stand Double Stroller
- #13 Joovy Caboose Ultralight Graphite Stroller
- #14 UPPAbaby Vista V2 Stroller
- Guidelines for Choosing A Suitable Double Stroller
- I Will Take Two To-Go!
If you are new to having two kids, you may wonder whether to get a double stroller or two single strollers instead. A double stroller tends to be bulky and heavy as opposed to a single stroller that is easier to navigate around and handle.
A lot of parents going from one to two may doubt the value of a double stroller, thinking, my older kids can walk and I will pick them up when necessary. Or, if my toddler wants to walk I will just put the baby in a baby carrier.
All it takes is one trip for those who are new-to-two to second guess their decision though.
Pushing two strollers is out of the question when you are by yourself because unless you are one superhero, managing two strollers is near impossible. Which is why, getting a good double stroller is one of the greatest investments you can make in your baby stroller registry.
Advantages of a Double Stroller
Most twin parents realize the good value of a double stroller. Having one seat for everybody is a great way for children to relax, remain secure and within view, and free up your hands. Sometimes it just isn’t practical to carry your child or let them walk, even if they are a toddler.
Double strollers are just so convenient. These strollers offer plenty of storage space, convenience options, and most importantly a space for all of your children to tag along. Getting a double stroller is perfect for whether you are running (in this case you’ll likely need a jogging stroller), navigating through Disney World, or just walking around your neighborhood.
Having a space for each child frees up your hands, keeps your kids within reach and view, and is a remedy to “I’m tired! I can’t walk anymore!”.
Now that you know the why, let’s look at the many types of double strollers.
The Many Types of Double Strollers
- Side-by-side Strollers. A side-by-side double stroller is a stroller in which both seats are positioned next to each other, or side by side. These strollers can be umbrella strollers, jogging strollers, or everyday models. They work well with two child seats or a child seat and infant seat combo but often become very wide and bulky with two car seats.
- Tandem Strollers/ In-line Strollers. A tandem stroller is sometimes referred to as an in-line stroller. It positions one child directly behind the other. Typically, they can have a multitude of seating arrangements and seat type combinations. They work better for two infant seats than side by side double strollers.
- Sit-and-stand Strollers. Parents looking for the best lightweight double stroller option for an infant and toddler would usually consider investing in the best sit-and-stand strollers. These strollers have a light frame that can hold either a car or child seat for the baby. The toddler can stand on a riding board at the back and hold onto the handlebar.
- Convertible Strollers. There are a few ways in which a stroller can be convertible. A double stroller can convert from a single to double stroller, by allowing parents to add on additional seats; taking a single to a double or even a triple. Or, a double stroller can convert from an infant double using car seat adapters to a toddler stroller by removing the infant seats and attaching child seats.
- Wagon Strollers. Wagon strollers are the model of choice for those searching for strollers for big toddlers. They generally don’t allow a car seat attachment and won’t have your traditional child seat. Instead, they use a wagon frame with kid-friendly bench seats.
- Car Seat Compatibility. Many strollers can be car seat compatible. You only need to look for a double stroller with an adapter and your infant seat will be able to securely attach to the frame or child seat. These strollers can be in-line, side-by-side, a double jogging stroller with booster seats, or a luxury double stroller.
As we’ve covered the grounds on the many types of these convenient lifesavers, here’s a quick summary of the five best double strollers among our 14 recommendations to help you narrow down your choices:
#1 BOB Revolution Flex Duallie
First up is the BOB Revolution Flex Duallie. If you are a runner, this jogging double jogger is for you. You can take both your kiddos over even rough terrains as the suspension system and air-filled bike tires keep the ride extra smooth.
Two deep child seats are each equipped with a five-point safety harness and full coverage canopies. Below each seat is a large basket. But there are also ten other pockets plus a handlebar cell phone pouch. This is the one best double stroller you will want to use for every outing, even if you aren’t jogging.
- Ten storage pockets offer ample storage space
- Large lower basket storage
- Adjustable handlebar
- Individual full-coverage canopies
- Accommodates infant seats with adapters
- The two seats are narrow
- No snack trays or cupholders
- Smooth ride: Suspension system & Air filled tires provide an ultra-smooth ride over any terrain
- Perfect Fit: Adjustable handlebar creates the perfect fit for parents of all heights; no-rethread harness design for easy height adjustments
- Extra space: 10 storage pockets and extra-large cargo basket provide plenty of room for your gear; includes a cell phone pocket handlebar
#2 Thule Urban Glide 2 Double Jogger
The Thule Urban Glide 2 Double Stroller will make it feel like you are only pushing one child! This all-terrain double stroller is the best when it comes to lightweight agility during jogs.
The reclining harnessed seats provide a cozy space for both your little ones. The extendable canopies provide shade while the ventilation keeps them cool. Parents will love the ergonomic adjustable handlebar, twist handbrake, and the one-handed, easy to fold mechanism. Folding has never been easier when it requires only one step instead of huge hassles! You likely won’t find a lighter alternative full of wonderful features!
- Speed control with twist handbrake
- Peek-a-boo window with magnetic closure on canopies
- Locking front swivel wheel
- Accommodates infant seats
- Quick-release rear tires
- Seats are shallow
- The two seats do not sit fully upright
- A lightweight, all-terrain stroller perfect for jogging or strolling through town
- Swivel front wheel locks into place for jogging
- Large 16" rear wheels plus suspension for an ultra smooth ride
#3 Baby Jogger City Mini GT2 Double Stroller
Moving on to the Baby Jogger City Mini GT2 Double Stroller perhaps the best side by side for the city you will find. The padded child seats have both recline and adjustable calf support. They are shaded by deep canopies and equipped with comfort five-point safety harnesses.
Four forever air rubber tires won’t let you down as you travel the streets and sidewalks. The ergonomic handlebar allows you to comfortably maneuver in tight spaces. The hand-operated parking brake puts control literally in your hands. This is a compact and agile side by side plus one of the top double strollers perfect for babies close in age.
- Near flat child seat recline independently
- Child seats have adjustable calf support
- Forever tires great and essential for travel
- Plenty of storage space within area of basket
- Can accommodate a glider board
- The locks of the five-point harnesses can be tricky to operate
- Forever air rubber tires with all-wheel suspension provide a comfortable stroll on any terrain
- Adjustable handlebar and hand-operated parking brake provide comfortable steering and control, all within an arm's reach
- Customize your ride for 4 different modes of use with accessories like the infant car seat, pram, glider board, parent console, child tray, and more (sold separately)
#4 Graco Ready2Grow LX 2.0 Double Stroller
The Graco Ready2Grow LX 2.0 Double Stroller is a compact double stroller. This is because it is a tandem double stroller where one child is directly behind the other. It works very well as a double stroller for one infant and toddler or a twin stroller.
There are a variety of seating configuration options – as this stroller works from two car seats to a combination of a car and a child seat, a riding bench, or a standing platform. With its sleek appearance and agility, it looks and maneuvers like many high-end strollers but at a budget-friendlier price.
- Accepts and can hold two infant seats
- A toddler can ride in a bench/child seat, or on a standing platform
- Includes one parent drink holder and one child cup holder
- Huge lower storage space in basket
- Long and tricky to fit in car trunks
- Taller parent’s feet may hit standing platform when walking
- Small-folding stroller rides like a double, but folds like a single stroller, making transport and storage easy
- Includes two stroller seats, a bench seat, and a standing platform for multiple options as your family grows
- Close-to-you rear seat makes connecting with baby easier
#5 The Twin+ (Zoe XL2)
The Twin+ (Zoe XL2) is one of the best lightweight double stroller with a shocking amount of features for both riders and parents. The best part is that despite all of its offerings it is still Disney approved in size.
This stroller holds two spacious child seats each with a cupholder, a 4-panel canopy, and calf support. Parents get a cupholder too! Those pushing will also enjoy the tall handle, extra kick space, and magnetic peek-a-boo windows to check in on little ones. The stroller only takes seconds to collapse. Once folded it is compact and ready for transport or storage!
- Can be converted to triple or quad with add-on more/one seat(s)
- Available in eight different colors
- Only weighs 19 pounds
- Includes child and parent cupholders
- Large elastic basket is good for storing all necessities
- Parent drink holder sticks out too far for some doorways
- The handlebar is not adjustable
- LIGHTWEIGHT - The ultimate UPF 50+ everyday twin stroller system for ages 3 months or older that is ready for your family. It can grow from a double to a triple or quad with an expandable tandem add-on seat (sold separately).
- CONVENIENT – Keep snacks and drinks where you need them with one child snack cup, two child cup holders, and one parent cup holder. The elastic storage basket is perfect for a diaper bag.
- COLLAPSE AND FOLD – This high-grade convenience stroller for two kids is Disney approved and can fit children from newborns up to 45 pounds in each seat. The simple collapse-and-fold technology only takes seconds to make this easy to store.
#6 Evenflo Pivot Xplore All-Terrain Stroller Wagon
Our pick for the best twin stroller in a wagon-style is the Evenflo Pivot Xplore All-Terrain Stroller Wagon. Much more than a traditional double wagon, this model has two back seats complete with expansive canopies and a shared tray/drink holder combo.
The setup is ideal for parents who want their kids in a double stroller facing each other. The rotating handlebar allows it to be pushed or pulled. You don’t have to give up your storage spaces or options with a wagon, the flip-away side basket provides ample room.
It is an awesome double stroller for twin toddlers and you can tote them anywhere thanks to this wagon’s all-terrain tires.
- Two-color reversible sun canopies offer assured sun protection
- Dual snack trays and holder for water bottles
- Plush, padded bench seats
- Seat adapters are available
- Difficult to clean foot area
- Does not tightly lock when folded
- Push or pull, decide on the fly. It’s easy to adapt your ride with a flip of the handle
- All-terrain wheels give you the freedom to go from pavement to beach and beyond
- Canopies with UPF 50-plus help shield your child from the sun’s harmful rays
#7 Bugaboo Donkey3 Mono Complete Stroller
When it comes to twin strollers, the Bugaboo Donkey3 Mono Complete Stroller is the most convertible; switching from a single to a lightweight double stroller and back again. This side-by-side is surprisingly small and very nimble – which is good for looking after babies close in age in the public.
It can accommodate both a car and child seat. When you only have one rider, attach the huge shopping basket and you can use this stroller for its extra storage space. However, even as a side by side stroller the lower basket keeps everything at hand.
It pairs seamlessly with other Bugaboo baby products such as the Bugaboo car seat and bassinet, storage basket, and also the child seat.
- Additional seating is very easy to add and remove
- Pairs with a child seat, infant car seat, bassinet, and riding board
- Narrow enough to fit through aisles
- Swivel wheels and tight turning radius make it agile
- No child trays or drink holders
Bugaboo Donkey3 Mono Complete Stroller
- New for Donkey 3: Improved aesthetics, for a cleaner and sleek look. Improved bassinet, with handy extra pockets in front seat. Improved sun canopy, with peek a boo window and breezy panel. New rotating carry handle. Improved side-luggage basket design with zip-closure.
- Effortless Expansion: This stroller accommodates a single child, months old infant (w/included bassinet) – toddler (48 lbs.). It transforms to meet your growing family’s needs into a Duo for two children or Twin for twins (w/Duo Extension Set and Bassinet Fabric Complete – sold separately).
#8 Joovy Scooter X2
If you have twin toddlers, consider the Joovy Scooter X2. This stroller is really narrow, making it a breeze to fit through doorways. With a max capacity of 90 pounds, each of your children can tag along for a ride.
Both comfy child seats have a tray with a cupholder, a rarity in most products available in today’s market. Each seat has its own adjustable footrest, and not to mention- they are reclining seats! Parents aren’t forgotten; there are two parent cupholders and two zippered pockets. The large wheels with sealed bearings make it easy to maneuver and a joy to push.
- One-handed and one-step fold
- Adjustable footrest
- Two parent cupholders
- Includes two child trays with cupholder
- Linked parking brake system
- Single canopy covers both seats
- Fits through standard doors and navigates narrow checkout lines
- Adjustable extra-large sun protection canopy with a peek-a-boo window
- Each seat can independently recline in infinite positions. Adjustable footests.
#9 Mountain Buggy Nano Duo Buggy
Want a two babies stroller with umbrella stroller characteristics? Consider the Mountain Buggy Nano Duo Buggy. This side by side is virtually two umbrella strollers attached.
It is light, compact, and not to mention that the stroller folds down to near flat. It is simple and sleek but offers everything you need, including padded stroller seats, shady canopies, and lower storage. Shockingly, this travel-friendly stroller is car seat compatible.
Or, you can use it with one seat and another child seat. It is super easy to steer, push, and take with you on traveling adventures.
- Pairs with a variety of booster seat brands and models
- Child seats have adjustable leg rests
- Child seats have a high back with a deep position recline
- Can be used as a toddler/infant combo stroller
- Not easy to fold
- Children sit very close which could be a problem for some
- ULTRA LIGHTWEIGHT! Just a 20lbs double stroller to make pushing two that much easier!
- ULTRA COMPACT FOLD! No double folds smaller! Perfect for travel and quick errands around town!
- NEWBORN SOLUTIONS FOR ONE OR TWO! Compatible with the additional cocoon accessory for lightweight newborn comfort
#10 Delta Children LX Stroller
Need a cheap double stroller that can go on vacation with you? We love the Delta Children LX Stroller.
It is one of the top-rated double strollers in the umbrella category, which is not only budget-friendly, but also weighing only 18.3 pounds and easily fitting through standard doorways. Comfortable child seats with lower leg support let your kids sit side-by-side.
They are shaded by large European-style canopies and protected with a five-point harness. Parents will love the attached drink holder and the shock-absorbing wheels that offer a smooth ride.
The separate storage pouches on the back of this ones’s stroller seats let you know what belongs to which kid so there won’t be any more fighting!
- Two backseat storage pouches
- Child seats recline separately
- Meets Disney size requirements
- Only accommodates children up to 35lbs
- Doesn’t pair with an infant seat
- Recommend for children up to 35 pounds; Large European style canopy; 2 storage bags and parent cup holder with 2 attachment points; Meets Disney size requirements
- 5 point safety harness; 360 Degree swivel shock absorbing front wheels
- Lightweight frame; Compact umbrella fold for easy storage and travel.Do not use bleach
#11 Evenflo Pivot Xpand Double
The Evenflo Pivot Xpand Double is great for even the smallest of stroller riders, making it the best for infants. It is also one of the best rated stroller due to its versatility. It is a great stroller for either one or two. It can handle one seat carrier but can also adapt to be used with a child up to six years of age.
There are four different modes of use. Infant mode, toddler mode, a variety of stroller seating positions, and reclining seat options to keep children of all ages supremely comfortable. The stroller folds so quickly and storage is hassle-free. Parents will also delight in the included cup supporter, big storage basket underneath with front easy access, and the self-standing feature. This is one convenient and versatile stroller.
- Four different modes of use
- Self-standing fold
- Includes parent cupholder
- Telescoping design easily converts it from a single to a tandem
- Storage basket has front access which makes it easy to access
- Canopy is shallow
- Stroller seat lacks height
- Converts To Double - Stroller grows from single to double - unique slide and lock system expands frame to accommodate a second toddler seat or infant car seat (sold separately)
- 4 Modes Of Use - Toddler seat easily converts to infant mode, cradling baby at a more comfortable angle - and both modes can be used forward-facing or parent-facing for ﬂexibility
- Extra-Large Storage Basket - Expands to over 2 feet in length with front and back access for convenience
#12 Baby Trend Sit N Stand Double Stroller
Whether you want a double stroller for newborn and toddler, double carseat strollers, or a double car infant seat stroller combo the Baby Trend Sit N Stand Double Stroller fits the bill.
It holds 2 infant car seats in-line, one booster and one child seat, one child seat and one standing rider, or one standing rider and another car seat. The light but sturdy frame saves you effort while pushing yet keeps your kiddos very secure.
You can fold this model with only one hand and will have no problem storing it in your trunk. Both the front and back have two cup holders while the child seat includes a snack tray.
Parents aren’t left out and have a holder and storage tray too! It’s a multi-functional stroller that really excels in double stroller reviews.
- Huge lower basket
- Each seat has dual holders
- Parent storage tray with drink holder
- The rear child can sit on the rear seat or stand
- Hard to access storage with two riders
- Difficult to turn
- Accommodates up to 2 children sitting in stroller seats, up to 2 in infant car seats, (sold separately) or one sitting and one standing. The product has a one hand fold
- Stroller allows your older child to stand on the rear platform or sit on the rear seat, care and cleaning - Spot or wipe clean
- Accepts one or two infant car seats (sold separately) and accommodates all baby trend infant car seats and select models from other brands to create a travel system
#13 Joovy Caboose Ultralight Graphite Stroller
Next is another amazing stroller, Joovy Caboose Ultralight Graphite Stroller. If you have a big toddler then this stroller is for you! Its spacious seat can easily accommodate a larger child, alternatively, they can sit on the rear bench seat or stand on the standing platform. The rear seat has a three-point harness while the child seat uses a 5-point ensuring safety no matter where they sit.
An booster seat can also be attached, perfect for those with infants and toddlers. Many parents love and absolutely adore the huge basket and handlebar organizer. They will also appreciate the dual canopy that can extend over the child seat as well as the rear seat.
This is a wonderful option for those with a toddler who loves to walk but occasionally needs to take a break and ride with their little sibling. It is also a solid choice for a growing family, typically for parents expecting twins or getting ready to welcome your kid number two as the new tiny family member.
- Includes bench seat and standing platform
- Dual canopy covers child seat and bench seat
- Parent organizer on the handlebar
- Huge lower basket is great for storing baby gear
- Accepts booster seat
- Light but bulky
- Difficult to turn
- The lightest weight, most compact, and maneuverable double stroller available allows your older child to sit and stand on the rear platform or bench seat. 22 pounds
- Includes parent organizer and a universal car seat adapter that fits most major brands. Check the Joovy website for the most recent list. Never allow a rear seated child to use the canopy as a hand hold
- New rear seat canopy extension protects the rear seated child. Also compatible with the Caboose Rear Seat that adds a full size, forward facing rear seat (if your older child is still too young to stand)
#14 UPPAbaby Vista V2 Stroller
It has a super attractive design that allows a bassinet, car booster seat, or child seat to effortlessly attach. The child seat is protected by a water-resistant canopy that extends out over the rumble seat and has mesh panels for ventilation. A deep footrest, a high back, and a sliding no-rethread harness are very well suited to growing or older children. At only 27, this is a lightweight, ultra convertible luxury stroller.
- Parents can use this stroller with the booster seat, bassinet, and/or rumble seat
- Extendable canopies cover child seat and rumble seat
- Huge lower basket storage option with front access
- Padded bumper bar on the child seat
- Can convert from single to tandem, to triple
- No cupholders or child/parent trays
- Enjoy a softer ride pushing one child (or three!) over any ground surface thanks to a new spring-action all-wheel suspension and slightly softer tires.
- Extended canopies on the toddler seat and RumbleSeat accessory include zip out fabric that provide even more shade from the sun. Mesh panels also make it easy to peek in while adding airflow.
- A higher back and deeper foot rest on the toddler seat provide added comfort for growing children
You will be relieved to know that twice the seating doesn’t mean twice the considerations. Hunting and looking for a double stroller is a lot like seeking a single stroller with only a few small additional factors.
- Safety & Quality.
Of course, you want your stroller to be safe and most strollers available today go through rigorous testing to ensure that they are. But just be sure to check for safety harnesses, stability, and recalls. 
- Weight & Height Limits.
Double strollers appear to have high child weight limit and height limit at first glance, but remember that you will have two children in the stroller. Before you buy, consider thinking about your children’s combined weight and how much they are likely to grow over the stroller’s lifetime. For safety purposes, each child should not exceed the seat’s child weight limit.
- Difference in Age.
Not all double strollers can accommodate two infants. Additionally, not all double strollers can provide a space for a toddler and an infant. Look closely at what the stroller manufacturer defines the seating and how well the definition aligns with your needs. Do you need two infant seats? Adapters for 2 infant car seats? A baby booster seat and a standing board?
Make sure that said product complies with the federal law pertaining to strollers; business guidance.  Having a clear answer to these questions will allow you to choose the ideal product for even kids of different ages, as strollers, unlike car seats, don’t expire!
Don’t forget your budget! Just as with single strollers, there are luxury stroller options and more affordable options. The features vary with your price range, but keep in mind that more expensive doesn’t always mean better!
Older version strollers can be a great option for you to invest in if you have confident in certain brands, and of course, have gone through the reviews of said product!
- Ease of Use.
With two children, especially kids of different ages, you have a great deal to keep track of. Make sure your ideal stroller has the convenience offerings you need, such as two canopies, child trays, a cup holder or two, and adjustability features. You also want it to be easy to push and use.
Opting for a product with convenient folding mechanisms, such as one step fold, will undoubtedly make your life easier too! Regardless of whether it needs one or two hands to simply fold down, make sure that you can handle its mechanism – as you, as the parent of your little ones will be the one doing the work to store it away when not needed!
- Lifestyle and Purpose.
There are a variety of double and twin strollers, each made for different functions. Some are designed for jogging and navigating all-terrains (think large tires) while others are lightweight and portable (like umbrella strollers).
You will want to pick the best for your and your baby that suits your needs and your lifestyle, while also considering the child weight limit and car seat compatibility. Some strollers even come with a riding spot for a third child – which is great for larger families!
A stroller for 2 kids can come in many different child weight limit, designs and styles. Always keep in mind to pick the one that best suits your combination of children’s ages, sizes, and preferences.
Are double strollers worth it?
Those with twins or more than one child can tell you, double strollers are worth it! Even if your older kids can walk, odds are they will either get tired or simply want a ride sooner or later. Additionally, They provide a safe space for each of your children in busy or crowded areas while freeing up your hands.
What are the best double stroller brands?
Some of the most well-liked double stroller brands are UPPABaby, Graco, Evenflo, Joovy, and Baby Trend.  These brands produce some of the best two-seat stroller options. So, look out for these names as you browse through your list!
Should I get a tandem (front-to-back/in-line) stroller or side by side stroller?
This depends on your personal preference. Tandem strollers are narrower making them more maneuverable and more likely to fit through tight doorways or spaces. However, one child may not have as great a view as the other or may have a difficult time getting in and out of the stroller. Though wide side by side double strollers often have seats that mirror one another in terms of features.
Can I take a double stroller on the airplane?
Double strollers are typically large, making them difficult to take on an airplane. In most cases, you will need to have them checked as they will not fit in the overhead compartment on the airplane.
Are double strollers allowed at Disneyland?
As long as the stroller meets the Disney size requirements, they are allowed! One such notable stroller on this list is the Disney approved The Twin+ (Zoe XL2). Disney-approved products are usually great options for parents to invest in as they have proper verifications.
Related: Best Stroller for Disney
While there is a multitude of twin car seats and strollers, we can only pick one stroller as the winner.
Our best double stroller pick is the BOB Revolution Flex Duallie. It is agile, lightweight, extremely comfortable for riders, and convenient for parents. Impressive features like ten storage options and its 0-100lbs weight recommendations make it a great choice for any family!
We hope you enjoy taking both your kiddos out and about with these awesome double stroller options.
Last update on 2021-10-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API