Travel can be twice the fun if you have the best double stroller on the market! Whether you have twins, siblings, or even just your little one and their bestie, a double stroller is an easy and efficient way to keep everyone safe and content while on the go.
While two maybe twice the fun it is also twice the work. Sometimes having a place for each child to sit back and relax while you navigate busy farmer’s markets or crowded sidewalks is the best solution.
Because we parents know, even though our “big” kids like to walk, sometimes it just isn’t practical and the novelty only lasts so long. Before you know it, you will be searching through double stroller reviews on the hunt for the best one.
Thankfully, we have a guide to help you out and it includes our top pick, the BOB Revolution Flex Duallie!
If you are new to having two kids, you may wonder whether to get a double stroller or two single strollers instead. A double stroller tends to be bulky and heavy as opposed to a single stroller that is easier to handle and navigate around.
A lot of parents going from one to two may doubt the value of a double stroller, thinking, my older child can walk and I will pick them up when necessary. Or, if my toddler wants to walk I will just put the baby in a baby carrier.
All it takes is one trip for those who are new-to-two to second guess their decision though.
Pushing two strollers is out of the question when you are by yourself because unless you are one superhero, managing two strollers is near impossible. Which is why, getting the best double stroller is one of the greatest investments you can make in your baby stroller registry (you can also check out the interesting thread on parents’ opinions around this topic on Babycenter).
Advantages of a Double Stroller
Most twin parents realize the value of a double stroller. Having a seat for everybody is a great way for children to relax, remain secure and within view, and free up your hands. Sometimes it just isn’t practical to carry your child or let them walk, even if they are a toddler.
Double strollers are just so convenient. They have storage, convenience options, and most importantly a space for all of your children to tag along. Getting the best double stroller is perfect for whether you are running, navigating through Disney World, or just walking around your neighborhood.
Having a space for each child frees up your hands, keeps your kids within reach and view, and is a remedy to “I’m tired! I can’t walk anymore!”.
Now that you know the why let’s look at how to pick a two child stroller.
You will be relieved to know that twice the seating doesn’t mean twice the considerations. Shopping for the best double stroller is a lot like looking for a single stroller with only a few small additional factors.
Safety & Quality.
Of course, you want your stroller to be safe and most strollers available today go through rigorous testing to ensure that they are. But just be sure to check for safety harnesses, stability, and recalls.
Weight & Height Limits.
Double strollers appear to have high weight and height limits at first glance, but remember that you will have two children in the stroller. Before you buy, consider thinking about your children’s combined weight and how much they are likely to grow over the stroller’s lifetime. For safety purposes, each child should not exceed the seat’s weight limits.
Difference in Age.
Not all double strollers can accommodate two infants. Additionally, not all double strollers can provide a space for a toddler and an infant. Look closely at what the stroller manufacturer defines the seating and how well the definition aligns with your needs. Do you need two child seats? Two infant car seat adapters? An infant seat and a standing board?
Don’t forget your budget! Just as with single strollers, there are luxury options and more affordable options. The features vary with your price range, but remember more expensive doesn’t always mean better!
Ease of Use.
With two children you have a great deal to keep track of. Make sure your best double stroller has the convenience offerings you need, such as two canopies, child trays, a cup holder or two, and adjustability features. You also want it to be easy to push and use.
Lifestyle and Purpose.
There are a variety of double strollers, each made for different functions. Some are designed for jogging and navigating a variety of terrains (think large tires) while others are lightweight and portable (like umbrella strollers). You will want to pick the best double stroller that suits your needs and your lifestyle.
A stroller for 2 kids can come in many different designs and styles. Pick the one that best suits your combination of children’s ages, sizes, and preferences.
As there are a few types of double strollers, we have made it more convenient for you by categorizing them according to side-by-side double strollers, in-line strollers as well as convertible/sit and stand strollers.
Side by Side Double Strollers
#1 BOB Revolution Flex Duallie (Best all-terrain jogging)
First up in the side by side double strollers is the BOB Revolution Flex Duallie. If you are a runner, this stroller is for you. You can take both your kiddos over any terrain, the suspension system and air-filled bike tires keep the ride extra smooth.
Two deep child seats are each equipped with a five-point harness and full coverage canopies. Below each seat is a large storage basket. But there are also ten other pockets plus a handlebar cell phone pouch. This is one best double stroller you will want to use for every outing, even if you aren’t jogging.
- Ten storage pockets
- Large lower basket storage
- Adjustable handlebar
- Individual full-coverage canopies
- Accommodates infant car seats with adapters
- Seats are narrow
- No snack trays or cupholders
- Smooth ride: Suspension system & Air filled tires provide an ultra-smooth ride over any terrain
- Perfect Fit: Adjustable handlebar creates the perfect fit for parents of all heights; no-rethread harness design for easy height adjustments
- Extra space: 10 storage pockets and extra-large cargo basket provide plenty of room for your gear; includes a cell phone pocket handlebar
#2 Thule Urban Glide 2 Double Stroller (Best lightweight all-terrain jogging)
The Thule Urban Glide 2 Double Stroller will make it feel like you are only pushing one child! This all-terrain jogger is the best when it comes to lightweight agility.
The reclining harnessed seats provide a cozy space for both your little ones. The extendable canopies provide shade while the ventilation keeps them cool. Parents will love the ergonomic adjustable handlebar, twist handbrake, and the one-handed fold. You won’t find a lighter jogger full of wonderful features.
- Speed control with twist handbrake
- Peekaboo window with magnetic closure on canopies
- Locking front swivel wheel
- Accommodates infant seats
- Quick-release rear tires
- Seats are shallow
- Seats do not sit fully upright
- A lightweight, all-terrain stroller perfect for jogging or strolling through town
- Swivel front wheel locks into place for jogging
- Large 16" rear wheels plus suspension for an ultra smooth ride
#3 Baby Jogger City Mini GT2 Double Stroller (Best overall side by side)
Moving on to the Baby Jogger City Mini GT2 Double Stroller perhaps the best side by side you will find. The padded child seats have both recline and adjustable calf support. They are shaded by deep canopies and equipped with comfort five-point harnesses.
Four forever air rubber tires won’t let you down. The ergonomic handlebar allows you to comfortably maneuver in tight spaces. The hand-operated parking brake puts control literally in your hands. This is a compact and agile side by side and one of the top double strollers.
- Nearly flat child seat recline
- Child seats have adjustable calf support
- Forever air rubber tires
- Extra-large storage basket
- Can accommodate a glider board
- Harness lock difficult to operate
- Forever air rubber tires with all-wheel suspension provide uncompromised agility on any terrain
- Lift both in-seat straps and the City Mini GT2 Double Stroller folds itself quickly and easily
- Adjustable handlebar and hand-operated parking brake provide comfortable steering and control
#4 Valco Baby Neo Twin (Best smooth lightweight)
The Valco Baby Neo Twin is one of the lightest baby strollers for 2. Shockingly it only weighs 27 pounds, but this doesn’t mean that it skimps on features. Cozy child seats with adjustable footrests and padded bumper bars keep occupants content. It is a great double stroller for infant and toddler because it can accommodate an infant car seat, but the child seats can also fully recline, perfect for little riders.
A smooth ride thanks to the durable tires and wonderful maneuverability keeps both parents and children happy. This stroller is so light and easy to steer it can even be done with one hand!
- Only weighs 27 pounds
- Seats sit fully upright or lay flat
- Can accommodate infant seat
- Adjustable calf support
- Large lower storage basket
- Tires may be prone to losing air
- The frame is easy to tip
No products found.
#5 The Twin+ (Zoe XL2) (Best Disney approved travel stroller)
The Twin+ (Zoe XL2) is a lightweight double stroller with a shocking amount of features for both riders and parents. The best part is that despite all of its offerings it is still Disney approved in size.
This stroller has two spacious child seats each with a cupholder, a 4-panel canopy, and calf support. Parents get a cupholder too! Those pushing will also enjoy the tall handle, extra kick space, and magnetic peekaboo windows to check in on little ones. The stroller only takes seconds to collapse. Once folded it is compact and ready for transport or storage!
- Can be converted to triple or quad with add-on seat(s)
- Available in eight different colors
- Only weighs 19 pounds
- Includes child and parent cupholders
- Large elastic storage basket
- Parent cup holder sticks out too far for some doorways
- The handlebar is not adjustable
No products found.
#6 Maclaren Twin Triumph Stroller (Best umbrella stroller)
Sometimes you want a simple and lightweight stroller that isn’t a pain to travel with. Enter the Maclaren Twin Triumph Stroller. At only 21.2 pounds you may be surprised to find that it can handle up to 110 pounds of weight.
Each cushioned seat has a variety of recline options in addition to a cozy leg support cushion. Extendable waterproof and UPF 50+ canopies protect little ones from the elements. However, on extra blustery days, you can use the include wind-resistant rain cover. A lower storage basket and built-in pockets round out this fully stocked umbrella stroller.
- Includes wind-resistant rain cover
- Four-wheel suspension
- Can accommodate up to 110lbs
- Includes storage pockets
- Does not accommodate infant car seats
- Harness buckles are difficult to clasp and unclasp
- Basic weight of 21.2lb; Ideal for children 6 months and up to 110lb.
- A multi-position recline seat with leg support cushion
- Includes: premium wind-resistant raincover
#7 Baby Trend Expedition Double (Best value)
The Baby Trend Expedition Double packs a big punch at an affordable price point, winning it best value. This jogger can hold children from 6 months of age up until they are 50 pounds. Each child can ride in their roomy seat with a 5-point safety harness.
The large rubber pneumatic bicycle tires keep the ride pleasantly smooth. The front swivel wheel can lock and all wheels work with the foot-activated rear braking system, putting the parent in control. A quick, and easy compact fold allows the stroller to be easily stored or transported.
- Includes parent tray with two cupholders and covered compartment
- Large storage basket in addition to seatback pockets
- Pneumatic rubber bike tires
- Adjustable seat recline
- Huge divided lower basket
- One canopy for both seats
- No calf support
- Designed for children from 6 months-50 lbs (each child) and no more than 42" Tall
- Multi-position seat recline with 5-point safety harness
- 16" rear and 12" front all-terrain, rubber pneumatic bicycle tires
#8 Joovy Scooter X2 (Best for 2 toddlers)
If you have twin toddlers, consider the Joovy Scooter X2. This stroller is really narrow, making it a breeze to fit through doorways. With a max capacity of 90 pounds, each of your children can tag along for a ride.
Both comfy child seats have a tray with a cupholder, a rarity in most double strollers. Each seat can recline and has its own adjustable footrest. Parents aren’t forgotten; there are two parent cupholders and two zippered pockets. The large wheels with sealed bearings make it easy to maneuver and a joy to push.
- One-handed fold
- Adjustable footrest
- Two parent cupholders
- Includes two child trays with cupholder
- Linked parking brake system
- Single canopy covers both seats
- Includes 2 Child Trays - Does not include the Bumper Bar; Material: 600D Nylon
- 30" width-fits through standard doors, accommodates (2) 45 pounds children (90 pounds total)
- Recline each seat and adjust each footrest independently of each other . 1-hand fold, huge basket and canopy, removable bumper bar
Tandem (in-line) Double Strollers
#9 Britax B-Ready G3 Stroller (Best for kids of different ages)
If you have siblings, you may like the Britax B-Ready G3 Stroller, a good choice for a double stroller for newborn and toddler. This stroller can easily accommodate a 55-pound toddler and an infant car seat. Plus, it can do so while keeping its narrow profile and compact footprint. This is because the infant car seat attaches behind the child seat as it is an in-line stroller.
The four-position recline allows your child to sit upright and view the world or lay back and relax. You can even turn the child seat around to face you while you push. The foam-filled tires will never get low so you can be confident that your little one will have a smooth ride. Available in five different trendy fabrics this is one of the most stylish strollers for two kids.
- Narrow profile
- Large lower basket
- Can handle up to 55 pounds per child seat
- Includes padded bumper bar
- Trendy fabric options
- Doesn’t lay flat when folded
- Children can outgrow second lower seat quickly
- Age/Weight Capacity: 6 months to 55 lbs
- The 4-position recline makes it easy to accommodate sleeping infants or attentive toddlers.
- Reversible top seat lets your child ride facing you or looking out at the world.
#10 Baby Jogger City Select Double Stroller (Best for twins)
Looking for strollers for two toddlers? The Baby Jogger City Select Double Stroller is also a tandem in-line stroller but is perhaps the best for twins. This is because it can be used with two child seats or two infant seats, one sitting directly behind the other. Thanks to its narrow profile fitting through doorways is a breeze.
When you consider all of the directional and recline options plus its ability to use a child seat or infant seat it has 16 unique seating combinations in total. A multi-position sun canopy is tall enough to fit even the tallest toddlers with an impressive 4 inches of headroom. Pick from one of the beautiful eight color schemes and you are ready to cruise in style!
- Lots of seating options
- Can accommodate bassinet and/or glider board
- Compact fold
- Hand operated braking system
- Harness includes shoulder pads and buckle cover
- The lowest level of the handlebar is still high for some
- Two-handed fold
- 16 unique seating combinations
- Hand operated parking brake. Reversible and recline-able seat
- Adjustable 5-point safety harness with shoulder pads and buckle cover
#11 Evenflo Pivot Xpand Double (Best for Infants)
The Evenflo Pivot Xpand Double is great for even the smallest of stroller riders, making it the best for infants. It is also one of the top-rated double strollers due to its versatility. It is a great stroller for either one or two. It can handle a car seat carrier but can also adapt to be used with a child up to six years of age.
There are four different modes of use. Infant mode, toddler mode, a variety of seat positions, and reclines keep children of all ages supremely comfortable. It folds so quickly and storage is hassle-free. Parents will also delight in the included cup holder, large storage basket with front access, and the self-standing feature. This is one convenient and versatile stroller.
- Four different modes of use
- Self-standing fold
- Includes parent cupholder
- Telescoping design easily converts it from a single to a tandem
- Front access storage basket
- Canopy is shallow
- Short seat height
- Converts To Double - Stroller grows from single to double - unique slide and lock system expands frame to accommodate a second toddler seat or infant car seat (sold separately)
- 4 Modes Of Use - Toddler seat easily converts to infant mode, cradling baby at a more comfortable angle - and both modes can be used forward-facing or parent-facing for ﬂexibility
- Extra-Large Storage Basket - Expands to over 2 feet in length with front and back access for convenience
Convertible or Sit n Stand Double Stroller
#12 Graco Uno2Duo Double Stroller (Best stroller that grows with your family)
Moving on to the Graco Uno2Duo Double Stroller, an awesome option for parents with children of different ages. It has a long lifespan due to its ability to convert from a single to a double in one easy step. It extends five inches and can accommodate a second child seat. Thanks to its ability to accept a bassinet or car seat there are eleven different ways to ride.
The toddler seat has a range of recline levels and can even lay flat in the bassinet position. Plushly padded, outfitted with a tray and dual cup holders, plus a canopy, your child is sure to love their cozy seat. Even with all of these amazing features it still meets Disney size requirements.
- Child seat converts to bassinet
- Converts from single to double with 5 extra inches of room
- Includes child tray with two cup holders
- Accepts infant car seat
- 11 different ways to ride
- Plastic wheels not great for all terrains
- Difficult to get the child in and out of the second lower rear seat
- The UNO2DUO stroller starts as a single stroller and expands to a double stroller as your family grows
- Simply extend the stroller 5" with one easy step when your family grows from 1 to 2 children
- This versatile double stroller grows with your family for years with 11 ways to ride with one or two children
#13 Joovy Caboose Ultralight Graphite Stroller (Best for big toddlers)
Next is the Joovy Caboose Ultralight Graphite Stroller. If you have a big toddler then this stroller is for you! Its spacious seat can easily accommodate a larger child, alternatively, they can sit on the rear bench seat or stand on the standing platform. The rear seat has a three-point harness while the child seat uses a 5-point ensuring safety no matter where they sit.
A car seat can also be attached, perfect for those with infants and toddlers. Parents will love the huge storage basket and handlebar organizer. They will also appreciate the dual canopy that can extend over the child seat as well as the rear bench seat.
This is a wonderful option for those with a toddler who loves to walk but occasionally needs to take a break and ride with their little sibling.
- Includes bench seat and standing platform
- Dual canopy covers child seat and bench seat
- Parent organizer on the handlebar
- Huge lower storage basket
- Accepts infant car seat
- Light but bulky
- Difficult to turn
- The lightest weight, most compact, and maneuverable double stroller available allows your older child to sit and stand on the rear platform or bench seat. 22 pounds
- 2 year warranty is 4 times longer than the baby trend sit and stand warranty and 2 times longer than the Graco ready2 grow warranty - Satisfaction guaranteed. Features three point harness in rear bench seat
- Includes parent organizer and a universal car seat adapter that fits most major brands. Check the Joovy website for the most recent list. Never allow a rear seated child to use the canopy as a hand hold
#14 UPPAbaby Vista V2 Stroller (Best luxury convertible)
It has a super attractive design that allows a bassinet, car seat, or child seat to effortlessly attach. The child seat is protected by a water-resistant canopy that extends out over the rumble seat and has mesh panels for ventilation. A deep footrest, a high back, and a sliding no-rethread harness are very well suited to growing children. At only 27 this is a lightweight, ultra convertible luxury stroller.
- Pairs with the infant car seat, bassinet, and/or rumble seat
- Extendable canopies cover child seat and rumble seat
- Huge lower storage basket with front access
- Padded bumper bar on the child seat
- Can convert from single to tandem, to triple
- No cupholders or child/parent trays
- The VISTA’s intuitive design allows for multiple configurations, making transporting a second and third child a breeze — all while strolling like a single.
- Includes Bassinet and full size forward or parent-facing toddler seat with one-handed, multi-position recline. Performance travel system compatible with MESA Infant Car seat - direct attachment, no adapters necessary.
- Dimensions: Unfolded 36″ L x 25.7″ W x 39.5″ H | Folded with seat attached: 17.3″ L x 25.7″ W x 33.3″ H | Folded without seat attached: 13″ L x 25.7″ W x 32″ H
Are double strollers worth it?
Those with twins or more than one child can tell you, double strollers are worth it! Even if your older child can walk, odds are they will either get tired or simply want a ride sooner or later. Additionally, double strollers provide a safe space for each of your children in busy or crowded areas while freeing up your hands.
What are the best double stroller brands?
Some of the most well-liked double stroller brands are UPPABaby, Graco, Evenflo, Joovy, and Baby Trend. These brands produce some of the best two-seat stroller options.
Should I get a tandem (front-to-back/in-line) stroller or side by side stroller?
This depends on your personal preference. Tandem strollers are narrower making them more maneuverable and more likely to fit through tight doorways or spaces. However, one child may not have as great a view as the other or may have a difficult time getting in and out of the stroller. Though wide side by side strollers often have seats that mirror one another in terms of features.
Can I take a double stroller on the airplane?
Double strollers are typically large, making them difficult to take on an airplane. In most cases, you will need to have them checked as they will not fit in the overhead compartment on the airplane.
Are double strollers allowed at Disneyland?
With so many options you may be wondering which stroller is the best for you? Well definitely don’t get two baby strollers. Instead, opt for the best double stroller which in this case is the BOB Revolution Flex Duallie.
This side by side jogger stroller has an impressive amount of features such as comfortable seats, ample storage and great canopies while being easily maneuverable and excellent for all-terrain use.
Of course, the UPPAbaby Vista V2 Stroller is a perennial favorite that serves as a premium double stroller if you have the budget to splurge. Don’t forget, the best double stroller for you is one that is a joy to use and keeps everyone happy and safe! Happy strolling!
Last update on 2021-04-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API