Do you know what’s the best thing to say to an expectant mother? What if you say the wrong thing? My baby girl’s keeping me on the run now, but I remember when I was getting ready before she was born, I received tons of baby shower books during my first baby shower party.
Are books a good baby shower gift?
Books make thoughtful presents on almost any occasion, during a retirement ceremony, graduation, birthday, or a baby shower. It is practical and educational, it can be kept for a long time, and it makes a wonderful bedtime story companion to the little one as they grow up. Therefore a baby book has now become a popular shower gift idea.
To ease your journey in choosing one, we’ve prepared a list of books that makes the perfect baby shower gift.
#1 On the Night You Were Born by Nancy Tillman
#2 The Wonderful Things You Will Be by Emily Winfield Martin
#3 Be Brave Little One by Marianne Richmond
#4 Love You Forever by Robert Munsch
#5 Allie, You’re My Everything by Miles Tucker
Now you’ve chosen a good baby shower book, leaving a few sincere words on the book would definitely make your shower gift more unique and meaningful. I know how hard it might be to come up with something meaningful to say. If you’re stuck, I’ll help you figure out what to write in a baby shower book that’ll really mean something.
SO What TO Write in a Baby Shower Book?
It’s tough to know what exactly you should write in a baby shower book you plan on giving to an expectant mother. Sure, you can write encouraging messages and say something nice on the first page of the shower gift, but isn’t there anything else meaningful you can include? Here, we’ll give you some examples or you can check out this link for more message inspiration.
First off, break your wishes section. This will help you more easily think about what to write in a baby shower book within each part without stressing too much.
· In the beginning, set the tone for your message
· During the body, your message should be said
· Give them something good to remember in the ending
1. In the Beginning
You can’t just jump straight into the body of your wishes if you want to set the tone right. You’ve got to think about a few important things, such as how formal this baby shower is, your relationship with the expectant mother and the father, and if the baby shower is a couples shower. Just make sure to put the names you used to address in the book.
2. How to Write the Body
This is probably the most difficult part of your wishes in a baby shower book. There are lots of things you can write depending on your relationship with the mother and father, going from general well wishes to more specific messages.
Keep in mind though that the mother might plan on reading everyone’s notes aloud, and that multiple people may end up reading what you’ve written.
a) Wishes, Messages & Congrats
For the most part, you have three options: wishes, messages, and congrats. Well wishes are always acceptable, and personal messages will brighten up the mother’s day. I recommend using congratulations and good, but for all three of these, consider writing a longer message if you’d like.
When you write your note, you want to consider the situation of the mother. For instance, is it their second baby? Are they adopting? What if they’re having twins? In general, however, you can easily write sentences like:
· “You’re going to make a wonderful mom!”
· “I had lots of fun shopping for this gift, so I hope you love it too!”
· “All the best to you and [husband’s name] as you wait for the new beginning of all the magical and memorable moments with your little one! I hope you’ll be able to use this gift.”
Mix and match lines similar to these to come up with just the right thing to say. For more specific messages tailored to mom’s situation or your relationship with the mother and father to be, keep reading.
Baby number one is an important one, but it also might mean that you’re having lots of difficulties saying something encouraging and heartfelt all at once. There’s nothing wrong with just a simple message like congratulations, although there are a few other things you can add to make your message personable and memorable.
Add in something like:
· “You two deserve every bit of happiness this baby will bring”
· “What a lucky baby with two great parents.”
Sweet little messages like these will let them know you’re genuinely thinking of them. On a side note, you can direct your message to one parent, both, or the whole family, even the new baby.
Twins and Multiples
Just because the couple isn’t having only one baby doesn’t mean that writing the message for baby shower needs to be twice as hard. You might put double the love into your words, but something as simple as “Woo-hoo times two” can convey all you want to say.
Try rhyming a little bit too if you’ve got the talent. You can include a message like:
· “Twin sister or brother, how can these siblings live without the other?”
These messages generally go over great with new moms.
This is definitely a different situation, but how happy the parents are to receive their new child isn’t any different. Adjust wording just a little bit to convey congratulations for an adopted child.
Some examples along the lines of:
· “This baby was meant for you”
· “You’ll make your new little girl’s life so wonderful”
· “I love seeing your dream come true like this”
These will be perfect for what to write in a baby shower book. Just remember to avoid anything about giving birth or inheriting certain traits.
Message from Grandparents
Grandparents are always the synonym to wisdom, the love one to the parents to be and someone who’ll be giving lots of love to the child. Sincere yet simple words like the message below is a great way to express appreciation to both the parents and the new life present:
· “I hope you are as kind as your mother and as adventurous as your father, this will make you the most wonderful child in the world.”
· “A sincere welcome to your tiny little teacher to your parenthood class, trust me, he/she is smarter than you think!”
· “You’re the greatest present to your parent, just like your daddy to me.”
Message from Aunts or Uncles
Aunts or uncles are always having a special spot to the niece or nephew. They could be a friend in the future, a nanny or a senior in life who guide them through the ups and downs.
Here are some friendly words you can give to the little one on this baby shower, not too stern and not too light-hearted either:
· “Welcome to the world little one! May your life be filled with beautiful stories ahead!”
· “Look forward to the ice cream dates and movie nights!”
· “You’ll forever be the adventurous story, unforgettable memory and most beautiful scenery in your parent’s life!”
Message from Family Friends
Family’s friend too, can leave an inspiring message to the baby, the mother, or the father to be. Refer to the baby shower messages below for some beautiful words to use:
· “Your baby is going to be so blessed to have parents like you two. ”
· “Welcoming a new life means the new beginning in your life, you’re gonna be a better mummy than anyone! ”
b) Include a Quote
Apart from the personal message above, you can also include a beautiful quote from famous people. Here are some examples of book inscriptions for your reference:
· “The best way to make children good is to make them happy.” – Oscar Wilde
· “A new baby is like the beginning of all things wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities.” – Eda J. Le Shan
· “It is a smile of a baby that makes life worth living.” – Debasish Mridha
· “There are two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one is roots, the other wings.” – Hodding Carter Jr.
· “All those cliches, those things you hear about having a baby and motherhood—all of them are true. And all of them are the most beautiful things you will ever experience.” – Penelope Cruz
· “There are no words that can describe the euphoria you feel when your baby recognizes you for the first time and smiles.” – Jared Padalecki
3. Near the End
The end is a little easier to write than the middle, and now that you’re past the hard part of what to write in a baby shower book, you’ve just got one more piece to go. This is what the mother will read last, and will leave them with a final impression of you.
That’s why you need something thoughtful and sincere to end off, such as:
· “Lots of love”
For the most part though, you can say many different things to end off your book. Just be sure that it’s heartfelt and expresses exactly what you want to say. Below is a video by Howcast that can act as your reference as well:-
I know it’s tough to figure out what to write in a baby shower book, but the tips I’ve got for you will hopefully make things easier. From heartfelt wishes to beautiful quotes, the new mother will love the thought you put into your message. Stay aware of their family situation and keep in mind your relationship with them, but have a little fun writing a meaningful and memorable message.
Comment below if you have any questions, or share some examples you’ve used in your baby shower books before!
Last update on 2020-11-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API