Are you expecting a new baby or you’re having twins? The biggest challenge you’ll face with having two kids is bringing them to different places—which you’ll have to do a lot!
Thankfully, there are double strollers that can make traveling with two kids a whole lot easier! A double stroller may seem expensive, but you’ll be surprised to know that there are many inexpensive double strollers in the market.
You can even find some baby strollers that are below $160! If you don’t believe us, check out this article! Here, we’ll share some of the best double stroller choices and a comprehensive affordable double stroller buying guide.
If you’re ready, let’s get it on!
Tandem Vs. Side-by-side: Which is the Best?
The biggest question you’ll have to answer when buying a double stroller for infants and toddlers is—tandem stroller or side by side stroller?
To determine which type of affordable double stroller would fit your need the best, here are the pros and cons of each type:
- Narrower so it’s suitable for small and crowded places like the mall
- Smaller size when folded
- More versatile since you have the option to use only one stroller for when you only need to bring one child with you
- More configurations as it accommodates car seat attachments
- Less chances of fighting since they aren’t side by side
- Longer so you don’t have easy access to the child in front
- Majority of tandem strollers don’t fully recline so they may not be suitable for infants
- Takes longer to fold
- More difficult to turn because of its length
- One kid has better view than the other
- High weight limits
- Perfect for terrains that require suspension (hiking areas, parks, and beaches)
- Easier to fold
- Both kids have adequate leg room and same view
- More heavy duty
- Bigger size when folded
- Wider so it’s not recommended for crowded places
- Higher chances of fights
- Most models don’t allow for car seat attachments
The Biggest Considerations When Buying Affordable Double Stroller
Now that you’ve decided on stroller configuration, let’s examine other vital factors that can help you find the right stroller brand. Here they are:
To ensure your kids’ safety, choose an affordable double stroller with a 5-point safety harness and foot-operated linked brake lever to easily access the brake and stop the stroller’s movement in the easiest way possible. Look for the Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association (JPMA) logo, which ensures that the stroller’s design complies with ASTM safety standards.
2. Maximum Weight Capacity
It refers to the heaviest weight that the seats can accommodate. Make sure that your kids’ weights are within the stroller’s maximum weight limit. The rule of thumb is to invest in a stroller with a higher maximum weight capacity so your kids won’t quickly outgrow it.
3. Size and Weight
Since you’ll be bringing and pushing the stroller everywhere, you need to make sure that it’s lightweight. Additionally, the folding and actual size of the stroller must be compact so that
a.) it can fit most doors, and
b.) it will fit your car’s trunk.
Most parents look for an affordable double stroller that satisfies Disney size requirements, so they’re sure that it will fit most places. Of course, you have to make sure that the stroller’s dimension is suitable for your kids’ height.
4. Your Lifestyle
Do you love spending time outdoors and going to parks and hills? You need a stroller with a suspension system, large canopy, and excellent brakes.
Are you a mall rat? Or do you love to travel? You should go for a lightweight and compact stroller so it would be suitable for crowded places.
If you stroll on uneven terrains, you should pay attention to your wheels so your kid can enjoy a smooth ride.
There are two types of wheel systems that you should look for—front-locking wheels and suspension systems. Between the two, the suspension system is more advanced and suitable for going off-road.
For easy maneuverability, go for a stroller with 360-degree swivel wheels.
If you want to make the most of your investment, choose a stroller that allows for different configurations (and is compatible with car seat) to grow with your kids. Alternatively, you could go for a car seat combo kind of stroller to get the best of both worlds.
7. Additional Features
Other features that make the stroller more functional are storage options, stadium seating, reclining seats, canopy, adjustable backrest, footrest, and handle.
Of course, not all affordable double strollers have such extra features so it goes down to your personal requirement and priorities.
OUR TOP 8 Affordable Double Stroller Reviews You Need to Read!
Are you ready to know more about the features of the cheap twin strollers in the market? Let’s get started!
1. Kolcraft Cloud Lightweight and Compact Double Umbrella Stroller
Lightweight, compact, and affordable are three words that best describe this umbrella stroller from Kolcraft. When folded, its dimensions are only 13 x 12.5 x 43.5 inches, which fits most vehicle trunks, so you’ll have no problem transporting it.
Despite being compact, this cheap double stroller for infant and toddler provides extensive UV coverage with its expandable canopies, rear hood, and visor extensions. With these shade features, you can protect your babies from the harmful rays of the sun. In line with this, the stroller features roll-up mesh seat backs, which offer maximum airflow so your kids won’t feel hot even during the summer.
The stroller is designed for ease of operation too. It is one of the double strollers that are easiest to pack and fold. It also features 3 sets of double-wheel design so you can properly control the direction it will go.
Considering its price, you’ll be surprised to know that this umbrella stroller has independently reclining seats to satisfy the needs and wants of both of your kids.
For assembly instructions, please watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kct32BTsCAc
- Low price
- No-tool assembly
- Lightweight, compact, and travel-friendly
- Durable and easy-to-clean polyester fabric
- Full canopy coverage
- Only has a 3-point harness
- No storage options
- You need to work on 3 pedals to engage the brakes.
For a detailed review on this stroller model, consider reading our Kolcraft Cloud Plus Lightweight Stroller Review as we discuss more on its features and benefits.
- LIGHTWEIGHT & MANEUVERABLE -- Weighs only 21lbs so you can travel light and nimble with two children. The width of this stroller fully assembled is 31 inches which should allow this stroller to roll through any standard door smoothly. Maximum Child Weight: 35 lbs per seat (70 lbs total).
- EASY FOLD -- Quick and compact umbrella fold for portability and easy travel. Folded dimensions: 13 x 12.5 x 43.5 inches (L x W x H)
- EXPANDABLE CANOPY -- Expandable, independent canopies with visor extensions and rear hood for extra UV coverage.
2. Jeep Scout Double Stroller
Here’s another affordable double stroller designed for your kids’ safety and comfort in mind – the Jeep Scout Double Stroller.
For one, it has the sought-after 5-point harness, which is the best type of harness for strollers. To make your baby feel comfortable, the harness comes with soft shoulder pads. The pads also have reflective materials, so drivers can easily spot your stroller when you’re walking at the side of the road.
Another feature that combines safety and comfort is the stroller’s 5.5-inch front-swivel wheels with a suspension system so your kids can enjoy a smooth ride no matter the type of terrain you’re in.
The manufacturer thought about you too! That’s why they made this stroller to be slim and ultra-lightweight. It meets Disney’s size requirements!
With its double rear canopy bags and parent cup, you won’t have any storage problems while you’re out and about with this affordable double stroller!
- Large European-style canopy for maximum coverage
- Easy to store because of its small folding size
- Fits most doors
- Multi-position recline feature for each seat
- Minimalistic and unisexual design with color options
- Handles are too short
- Hard to recline
- Extendable canopies with sun visors; 5 point safety harness with soft shoulder pads and reflective material that ensures you and your children can be seen at night; Meets Disney size requirements
- Multi position reclining seat Parent cup holder
- Abundant storage includes double rear canopy bags 5.5 Inches wheels with front swivel and suspension system
3. Delta Children City Street LX Side by Side Stroller
The Delta Children City Street LX is the most affordable stroller in the list, but its features will give you value for your money.
The feature that we love the most is its 360-degree swivel front wheels that are easy to steer so you won’t have any problems driving the stroller. Additionally, the front wheels are also shock-absorbing, so you are sure that your kids will enjoy the ride.
Even though it’s a cheap double stroller side by side, it uses buckled 5-point safety harness, which is the best harness system you can find in a stroller, so you’re assured of your kids’ safety!
Comfort is the name of this stroller’s game. That’s why it’s packed with lots of comfort features like the soft shoulder-padded harness and seats that can be reclined separately. Even though it doesn’t have a formal leg rest, it has a strap of fabric that runs across the frame, which can be used as an alternative leg rest.
Oh, it has storage options too. It has bags at the back of the seats where you can put your items in. It also has one parent cup where you can place your drink or tumbler while you’re on the go!
You can get more information on how to use this product by watching this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL6bSL3FDMg
- 5-point safety harness
- Most affordable option in the list
- Large canopy for protection against the sun, rain, and wind
- Four stylish color combination options
- Easy to assemble
- Hard to fold
- Stiff and hard-to-release brakes
- Recommend for children up to 35 pounds; Large European style canopy; Two storage bags and parent cup holder with two attachment points; Meets Disney size requirements
- Five point safety harness; 360 Degree swivel shock absorbing front wheels
- Lightweight frame; Compact umbrella fold for easy storage and travel
4. Baby Trend Sit N Stand Ultra Tandem Stroller
Sit and stand strollers are known for one thing— lots of configuration options, and this Sit N Stand Ultra Tandem Stroller from Baby Trend is not an exception.
Offering multiple seating options, it can accommodate 2 kids sitting in a stroller seat or 1 kid sitting in a car seat and the other sitting in a stroller seat or one kid standing and one kid sitting.
Among the other brands in this list, this has the highest maximum weight capacity– 50 lbs per seat, so it’s designed to grow with your children.
It also offers plenty of storage options, including a large storage basket, a cup holder, and parent trays. With its nylon and steel construction, this double stroller is undoubtedly built for both style and durability.
To see the different stroller configurations you can try, please check out this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVgoSJZrY1Q
- Removable canopy
- 5-point harness for safety
- Easy-to-maintain seat pad
- Foot-activated rear brakes
- Available in two color options
- Big size even when folded
- Feels too heavy which can be an issue when making turns
For more sit and stand stroller choices, check out our article Top 8 Best Sit and Stand Stroller to Get in 2020 for more ideas.
- Accommodates up to 2 children sitting in stroller seats, up to 2 in infant car seats, (sold separately) or one sitting and one standing. The product has a one hand fold
- Stroller allows your older child to stand on the rear platform or sit on the rear seat, care and cleaning - Spot or wipe clean
- Accepts one or two infant car seats (sold separately) and accommodates all baby trend infant car seats and select models from other brands to create a travel system
5. Joovy Caboose Graphite Stand-On Tandem Stroller
The Joovy Caboose Stand-On Tandem Stroller is the most compact stroller in the list. With an open size of 38 x 21.25 x 42 inches and a folded size of 45 x 21.25 x 10 inches, it can certainly fit your trunk and crowded places. It’s also lightweight as it weighs only 27 pounds. This double stroller almost has the same footprint as most single strollers!
Its small size has a high maximum weight capacity of 90 lbs (45 lbs each seat). The front seat is for your younger child while the rear seat is perfect for the older child. Both seats are soft and padded.
The seats can recline in 3 different positions so that it would work for both toddlers and infants. The best part is you can replace the seats with car seats from any brand using the car seat adapter.
Another excellent feature is you can configure the stroller in different ways using different accessories—caboose seat, the car seat adapter, and many more. The stroller also has a stable unique platform that your toddler can stand on.
You will also love the stroller’s 4-wheel suspension system with swivel capacity. It also has linked parking brake so you can easily make emergency stops. The good news is, you can get all these features at an affordable price.
Discover all its features by watching this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEARh5rDkEI
- Comes with car seat adapter so you can turn it into a travel system
- Availability of accessories make it versatile
- Three colors to choose from—amber, black, and red
- Lots of storage options– large storage basket, two side pockets, two cup holders and parent organizer
- Padded handlebars
- Second back seat must be bought separately
- When the front seat is reclined, there’s limited space in the back seat
- Most compact and maneuverable double stroller available allows your older child to sit and stand on the rear platform or bench seat , Care- Spot clean or seats can be submerged in water for deeper cleaning
- 2 year warranty is 4 times longer than the Baby Trend Sit and Stand warranty and 2 times longer than the Graco Ready2Grow warranty - Satisfaction Guaranteed
- Includes a Universal Car Seat Adapter that fits most major brands. Check the Joovy website for the most recent list
6. Evenflo Minno Twin Double Stroller
This Minno double stroller by Evenflo is known for its one-hand self-standing fold design. This means that you can easily fold the stroller with just one hand. When folded, it stands on its own so you can place it on any surface, and you can attend to your children’s needs without worrying that it will topple over.
Even with its compact size, the stroller is durable and can handle 45 lbs on each seat. The kids can be secured in their seats through its 5-point safety harness. They will surely feel comfortable during the ride as the seats can also be reclined in different positions and come with adjustable footrests.
For a cushioned ride, the stroller is incorporated with front-wheel suspension. You would also undoubtedly benefit from the stroller’s swivel lock wheels.
Know more about this stroller’s use by watching this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8PaXTjv0Fk
- Massive storage basket
- Option to buy a stroller with accessories kit that includes cup holder, parent organizer, and cover
- Great color choices
- Oversized canopies for maximum sun protection
- Harness, seats, and canopies can be adjusted independently
- Wheels feel a bit flimsy
- The stroller is hard to push
- Lightweight & Versatile: This compact, lightweight tandem stroller weighs just under 26 pounds with a 27 inch width that allows it to fit through any standard door, and accommodates children up to 45 pounds (90 pounds total)
- Compact & Convenient: Designed with convenience in mind, this stroller offers a unique one-hand, self standing fold, allowing your other hand to be free to attend to your children; Dimensions Folded: 15.75 W x 16.75 D x 41.5 H (inches); Dimensions Unfolded: 25 W x 26.75 D x 41.5 H (inches)
- Cushioned Ride for Your Toddler: The Minno Double features a front wheel suspension and swivel lock wheels to provide your children or infants with a smooth and comfortable ride, while also making it easy to push
7. Baby Trend Sit N Stand Sport Stroller
Same with the first Baby Trend stroller, this Sit N Stand Sport stroller also offers various configurations that allow your children to sit or stand—whatever is most comfortable for them. The stroller is so versatile that you can turn it into a travel system by adding any infant car seats manufactured by the company.
It also has the same weight capacity—50 lbs per seat. However, this uses only a 3-point safety harness. It does, however, have an added comfort feature. The rear seat is padded and comes with plush side wings and covered crotch area and armrests.
You can also enjoy a wide range of storage options, including an extra-large storage basket for travel essentials. You also have the option to buy a parent organizer with extra storage and cup holders sold separately.
Learn how to fold this stroller by watching this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0huRrfIcFYw
- Trigger fold for easy folding and storage
- Extra-large canopy with sun visor
- Lots of storage options
- Comes in an eye-catching color
- Affordable price
- Wheels create sneaky sounds
- The seats don’t have much room
- Accomodates up to 2 children sitting in stroller seats, an infant car seats, or one sitting and one standing
- Stroller allows your older child to stand on the rear platform or sit on the rear seat
- Accepts Baby Trend infant car seats to make a travel system
8. BABY JOY Double Baby Stroller
If you have slightly more money to spare than just $160, you may want to check out this double baby stroller from Baby Joy. With just one look at this stroller, you’ll already know why it’s on the pricier side.
The Baby Joy Double Stroller comes in either an all-black or all-gray design that looks sleek and stylish. It’s made of a 300D Oxford fabric, one of the most durable and beautiful stroller fabric you can get your hands on. More than its beauty, the fabric is safe and comfortable for your kids, too, because it’s highly breathable and non-toxic.
The beautiful Oxford fabric is paired with a solid steel frame that’s truly built to last. The steel frame is extremely durable that the stroller has a maximum weight capacity of 33 lbs per seat. That’s what you call beauty and durability rolled into one!
That’s not all. The stroller is exceptionally functional as it comes with plenty of safety and comfort features. It’s equipped with shockproof front wheels and a one-step rear wheel brake, so controlling and stopping the stroller is easy. It also provides a smooth ride in all types of terrain.
With its adjustable handles, the stroller can be used comfortably by mothers of different heights. It also allows the parents to push and drive the stroller without exerting too much effort.
To keep your baby safe, it uses a 5-point harness system with wider straps so your baby won’t feel strangled when it’s in place. You can also adjust its footrest and backrest to suit your kids’ preference.
- Eye-catching and minimalistic solid-colored design in two options—black and gray
- Removable large storage basket for easy cleaning
- Folds up easily
- Lightweight and fits most doors
- Durable and beautiful Oxford and steel construction
- Parents find the front seat to be a bit small.
- A bit expensive
- Double Seat Design: Designed with 2 seats in front and back fits two babies seat together. The front seat is suitable for baby of 6-36 months. Rear seat is suitable from birth to 36 months. The maximum load of the stroller is 33 lbs in each seat.
- Safety Wheels and 5-point Safety Belts: The front wheels with shock proof function are non-directional and can also orient easily. The rear wheels have a linkage to brake with one step. The 5-point safety belt is equipped with each seat to ensure security while keeping your baby fit to the safety belt to feel comfortable.
- Adjustable Backrest, Push Handle and Footrest: The push handle can be adjusted to meet various babysitter to help them better take after the baby. The backrest can adjust to fit baby’s sleep posture to keep comfortable sleeping. And the foot rest can be adjusted to fit the baby’s leg with the increasing age.
Which is the Best Budget Double Stroller?
Since double strollers have many features that you need to pay attention to, it can be extremely challenging to find the best one for your needs.
That’s why we have two winners for this affordable double stroller roundup. Our top pick for the best tandem stroller is the Joovy Caboose Graphite Stand-On Tandem Stroller because it’s both versatile, functional, and compact, and lightweight!
We recommend the featured-packed yet affordable Delta Children City Street LX Side by Side Stroller for the best side by side stroller, so it gives you value for your money if that is the stroller configuration you need.
Hope you enjoy reading our list! Do share it with friends and family and other parents who are getting ideas on the best affordable double stroller too!
Last update on 2021-05-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API