Want to maintain that healthy lifestyle post-partum without having to sacrifice quality time with your baby? It’s possible with a trusty jogging stroller in your arsenal.
Find out which choices I’ve found to be the most reliable investments and discover the best jogging stroller for your needs with this comprehensive review.
- What is a Jogging Stroller?
- When is the Right Time to Use a Jogging Stroller?
- What are the Different Types of Jogging Strollers?
- Reviews Of the Best Jogging Strollers
- #1 Thule Urban Glide 2 Jogging Stroller
- #2 Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Stroller
- #3 BOB Revolution Flex 3.0 Jogging Stroller
- #4 Graco Fastaction Fold Jogger Click Connect Stroller
- #5 Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight Jogging Stroller
- #6 BOB Gear Rambler Jogging Stroller
- #7 Thule Chariot Cross Multisport Trailer & Stroller
- #8 Baby Jogger Summit X3 Jogging Stroller
- #9 Chicco TRE Performance Jogging Stroller
- #10 Hamax Outback One Seat Reclining Multi-Sport Child Bike Trailer + Stroller
- What Features Should You Look for in a Jogging Stroller?
What is a Jogging Stroller?
As one of the newer stroller blueprints, the jogging stroller serves a completely different purpose from traditional or regular stroller designs. Just as double strollers are for accommodating your two cute babies, jogging strollers are designed for parents who want to be able to take their baby with them during a jog.
The unique jogging stroller structure reduces the bouncing and jarring movements that your baby might experience in a stroller that’s pushed at faster speeds.
Commonly, they feature a single front wheel and responsive rear wheels that cushion the impact of driving over a bump on the road. The significantly larger wheels make them easier to push over uneven terrains across different occasions, such as using a stroller for beach sand.
For these reasons, jogging strollers also make a practical investment if you expect to take your baby for walks out on rocky, grassy, or otherwise uneven surfaces. Despite their unique design, jogging strollers can be used as typical, everyday strollers and work just fine on even terrains as well, especially when they feature a swivel wheel.
When is the Right Time to Use a Jogging Stroller?
As with any other baby gear, it’s important to consider the age of your baby before you strap them up in a jogging stroller. In my case, I chose to wait until my baby was fully capable of sitting upright with good head and neck control. This is because the intensity of the movement a baby might experience in a jogging stroller could cause injury if the child isn’t developed well enough. 
According to expert sources, parents should wait until their babies are at least 6 months old before they can be taken out on a jogging stroller.  During this age, it would be best to use an infant jogging stroller which offers more padding and safety features to properly secure younger babies.
For parents who choose to wait a little longer before taking their little ones out for a jog, toddler jogging strollers are also available in the market. Modified after umbrella strollers, these designs are developed to be more lightweight, making it easier for parents to push them around with less effort. The reason for the lighter design is the age and physical development of the baby.
With greater head, neck, and trunk control, toddlers can sit in seats with less padding with less potential risk of injury to their spine or head.  Plus, because toddlers can be significantly heavier, parents might find themselves struggling to push a bulky stroller with a hefty baby strapped in.
What are the Different Types of Jogging Strollers?
For the most part, jogging strollers are categorized based on the number of children they can hold or based on whether they can accommodate a car seat.
Jogging stroller designs can either accommodate a one, two, or three children. While those that have seating capacity for more than one child can be convenient for parents with multiple children, it’s important to consider how the stroller weight can increase with greater capacity.
Because joggers are made to be pushed at high speeds while you run behind them, heavier designs can be bulky and challenging to push over rough terrain. Of course, pushing heavier designs can be a workout in and of itself. But if you were hoping to jog a substantial distance with a two or three seater jogger, you should expect a bit of a struggle.
Car seat compatible jogger strollers can be another convenient choice if you want something with greater versatility. Basically, these designs allow you to convert the stroller into a car seat. For parents who want to transition seamlessly from vehicle to stroller, this can be a major convenience.
Needless to say, If you are parents with twins or triplets looking for a jogging stroller, you should check reviews on either double or triple jogging strollers.
Reviews Of the Best Jogging Strollers
#1 Thule Urban Glide 2 Jogging Stroller
Sleek, streamlined, and sublime, the award winning Thule Urban Glide 2 Jogger Stroller is one of the most handsome looking jogger strollers I’ve seen so far. This top of the line design just oozes with the appeal of convenience – from its seats that can be reclined to nearly flat for naps, to its one-handed fold mechanism.
To sum it up – this one stands out among all the others and is the one perfect everyday stroller for serious runners!
- The ergonomic handlebar can be held in a number of different ways
- Easy removal & water-repelling handlebar pad
- One-handed, easy to fold mechanism
- Magnetic peek-a-boo window to see your child
- The seat reclines to near-flat configuration for better comfort
- Requires a car seat adapter for car seat compatibility
- A lightweight, all-terrain stroller perfect for jogging or strolling through town
- Swivel front wheel locks into place for jogging
- Large 16" rear wheels plus suspension for an ultra smooth ride
#2 Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Stroller
If you are used to running around on nice flat terrain in your neighborhood, you might enjoy the budget-friendly jogger stroller by Baby Trend. The construction is solid with a steel frame and a fabric that can be cleaned easily using mild soap and water.
The Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Stroller isn’t the best off road stroller, but it does have large bicycle tires and a locking front wheel that modifiable locks in place or let swivel. To fold this compact jogger stroller by Baby Trend, use the trigger release method; and the good thing about the stroller is that it doesn’t take much space for storage.
Most parents appreciate the included parent tray and child tray, as well the large storage basket underneath. The best running stroller needs to be simple to maneuver, and this one from Baby Trend certainly is – at least on smooth pavement.
Compared to some other jogger strollers for toddlers, this one has smaller height and weight limits. So, once the baby overgrows 50 pounds, this lightweight jogging stroller becomes unusable.
- Budget-friendly yet compatible with infant car seats of the same brand
- Uses large bicycle-style wheels that glide over rough terrain seamlessly for a relatively smooth ride
- Locking front wheel can be set to swivel for easier maneuverability, but also locks in place for straight paths
- Small, covered storage compartment built into handlebars offer extra space
- Can be folded into smaller size for easy travel
- Folding might take a little more effort
- Rear wheels can’t be locked simultaneously
- Large bicycle tires roll effortlessly over all surfaces
- Convenient Parent Tray with 2 Cup holders
- Front Swivel Wheel for easy maneuvering, locks for jogging
#3 BOB Revolution Flex 3.0 Jogging Stroller
The BOB Revolution Flex 3.0 Jogging Stroller is an excellent all terrain jogging stroller that includes plenty of convenient features. First of all, the adjustable handlebar can be modified up to nine positions available. It is great because you can easily find the most comfortable position for a good workout regardless of your height.
This stroller is durable and can support babies up to 75 pounds, which is impressive compared to other models. It has a mountain-bike-style, adjustable suspension system, which keeps the baby safe and comfortable even on bumpy and hilly terrains.
It has a well-organized space for your items with six spacious pockets. If you get a Bob infant car seat adapter, you can easily convert it to a jogger stroller with infant car seat because it supports all major car seat brands.
Because of all these features, many serious runners consider it as the best jogger stroller ever made, in a tough competition with the Thule Urban Glide 2 Jogger Stroller.
- Supports babies from birth to 75 pounds
- Adjustable handlebar
- Comfortable and easy to maneuver on all terrains
- Bulky, and not suitable for everyday use
- Smooth ride: Suspension system & air filled tires provide an ultra-smooth ride over any terrain
- Perfect fit: Adjustable handlebar creates the perfect fit for parents of all heights; No-rethread harness design for easy height adjustments
- Extra space: 6 storage pockets & extra-large cargo basket provide plenty of room for your gear; Includes a cell phone pocket at the handlebar
#4 Graco Fastaction Fold Jogger Click Connect Stroller
Knowing the struggle of holding a baby in one hand and trying to collapse a fickle stroller with the other, the Graco Fastaction Fold Jogger Stroller features one of the easiest folding mechanisms on the market. With a one-second collapse design, this stroller aims to let parents transition from trail to car within seconds.
- Seamless folding action takes as little as one second
- Compatible with all Graco Click Connect infant seats for greater versatility
- Dedicated smartphone cradle storage compartment
- Locking swivel wheel adapts from jogging to a leisurely stroll with ease
- Self-standing when collapsed
- Tall build makes it difficult for shorter parents and caregivers to properly control
- Large wheels may have to be removed to properly fit the stroller in a sedan’s trunk
- Includes the Graco SnugRide 35 Infant Car Seat, rear facing for infants from 4 35 pound and up to 32"
- One second, one hand fold provides the Ultimate in convenience for moms on the go
- Air filled rubber tires offer suspension for a smooth ride on any terrain
#5 Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight Jogging Stroller
Bulky, heavy, and clumsy stroller designs can be a pain to bring around. So it’s easy to see why the Joovy Ultralight Jogging Stroller has such great appeal to different kinds of parents. With its lightweight construction and seamless maneuverability, this 25 pound stroller makes a suitable choice if you want something that won’t weigh you down – with a parent console.
- Weighs in at just 25.7lbs making it one of the lightest choices available
- One-step linked rear wheel breaks lets you park the stroller with one foot
- Parent console accommodates various different items
- Compatible with a number of different infant seats
- High riding seat lets you keep your eye on your child with greater ease and clarity
- Car seat adapter sold individually from both the stroller and the car seat itself, making it a little more expensive to complete the set
- Doesn’t fold or collapse easily, requiring more of your time and effort
- Extra wide seat sits high to give child great visibility, multi-position seat recline
- Includes parent organizer, running leash, and tire pump
- Quick release 16" rear wheels and 12.5" swivel front wheel that locks straight
#6 BOB Gear Rambler Jogging Stroller
If you’re looking for durability and maneuverability of the Bob Flex jogger stroller, but in a more compact design, the Rambler model from the same brand might be a hit. The Bob Gear Rambler Jogging Stroller weighs around 25 pounds, is comfortable and spacious but convenient for folding and transport, similar to small jogging strollers. The stroller weight limit is 75 lbs.
The Rambler has an extra-big canopy that protects the baby from sun and unexpected showers! The no-retread hardness design allows you to adjust the straps to make the baby more comfortable and safer. It is the feature parents appreciate on running strollers because they don’t have to reroute the straps manually.
- Resilient inflated tires
- Spacious basket for covered storage
- Comfortable padded seat
- Upf 50 + canopy protects child against sunlight
- More suitable for smaller kids
- Tricky to carry and lift
- Smooth ride: Suspension system provides an ultra-smooth ride; Compact, air-filled tires save on trunk space
- Perfect Fit: No-rethread harness design for easy height adjustments as your child grows
- Extra space: Large lowboy cargo basket for spacious storage underneath the stroller seat
#7 Thule Chariot Cross Multisport Trailer & Stroller
The Thule stroller is one of the multi-functional bike jogging strollers. You can use it as a standard walking stroller, bike trailer, jogging stroller, and ski stroller. If you prefer to use it as a baby running stroller, you’ll have to purchase several parts separately. The functional design doesn’t compromise on comfort, and the seat is padded with suitable ventilation.
The model comes as a single or double stroller. The double stroller allows you to recline each seat independently, and the leaf spring adjustable wheel suspension provides smooth gliding.
The Thule Chariot Cross Multisport Trailer & Stroller has a lot of cargo space, which you can use to store the kit for switching between activities and other baby items.
- Seats can be adjusted separately
- Suitable for multiple activities
- Adjustable handlebars
- Easy to store
- Compact when folded
- Jogging kit sold individually
- Hard to stow
- An all-in one stroller, jogger, bike trailer and ski pulk designed for active families
- Includes strolling and biking kits (jogging and ski kits sold separately)
- Compact fold makes it easy to transport and store
#8 Baby Jogger Summit X3 Jogging Stroller
The Baby Jogger Summit X3 Jogging Stroller is heavier than some single jogging strollers from the list. But when folded, the stroller is very compact and suitable for families with limited storage space. The stroller weight limit is 75 pounds, which ensures you can use the stroller for several years.
The Summit X3 stroller has a seat at a higher height. So, it is great for older and taller toddlers. The seat reclines easily, and you can adjust it with one hand.
The standard five-point harness system is simple to use with an improved buckle design. The models manufactured before 2016 have a buckle that every naughty toddler can unbuckle.
The stroller accepts infant seats with an appropriate adapter, so you can build your baby jogging travel system.
The UV50+ canopy is oversized and provides much-needed sun and weather protection. I also like the hand brake, which gives you more control over the stroller on hilly terrain.
- Built-in manual foot brake
- Supports infant seats
- All-terrain wheels
- The front stroller’s wheel might seem loose or shaky
- Hard to lift
- Safe and Comfort - Constructed by metal frame, it is a good Jogger Stroller to carry your baby anywhere. Equipped with 5-point safety harness, which can well protect your baby to securely sit on. The back rest can be adjusted to three different directions with a convenient adjustment handle which meets your baby different demands to sit or lie on the stroller comfortably. Sleeping cushion equipped for comfortable sleeping.
- Adjustable Oxford Sun Canopy - The Canopy can well protect your baby from ultraviolet radiation. You can also look at your babies with peek a boo windows to better take care of them.
- Lockable swivel Wheels - This stroller equipped with locking swivel wheels with suspension for superior maneuverability , you can control it easily. Both baby tray( front the seat) and parent cup holder(front the handle) are equipped.
#9 Chicco TRE Performance Jogging Stroller
Letting you control everything from where you stand, the Chicco TRE Performance Jogging Stroller is the epitome of effortless ease of use. This premium jogger lets you ensure safety and optimal performance with a touch, so you can reduce the time you spend away from the handle.
- Locking swivel wheel can be controlled from the handlebars
- The stroller also features a hand-activated deceleration brake
- Height adjustable handles let you fine-tune your hand positions for a comfortable jog
- FlexCore suspension absorbs shock impressively, reducing the discomfort your baby experiences in his seat
- Oversized canopy protects your baby against sunlight, rain, and wind
- Quick-release, one-hand fold makes the it easy to store in a trunk with less time
- Bulky design can make the process of setting up the stroller clumsy
- A bit on the heavier side of the spectrum, making it difficult to carry and load into a car trunk
- Braking mechanism can become stubborn after some time, so you might have to oil them up regularly
- The child seat removes easily to create a frame carrier for the KeyFit during the first 6 months
- Sporty fabrics are wipe able, durable and water repellent. Full-coverage, extendable canopy with flippable tinted window/mesh vent
- Pneumatic tires, 12" front and 16" rear spoked wheels , Carton Dimensions - 22.7 x 32.13 x 12.78 inches
#10 Hamax Outback One Seat Reclining Multi-Sport Child Bike Trailer + Stroller
If you aren’t looking for double jogging strollers with infant seats, but a model that will allow you to continue with your active lifestyle after giving birth to twins, you might enjoy this multi-sport stroller. Hamax Outback One Seat Reclining Multi-Sport Child Bike Trailer + Stroller is similar to Thule Chariot Cross and is also available as a one-seat trailer and stroller. If you plan to use it as a jogger, you have to buy additional parts.
Overall, it has some excellent features. These include an adjustable handlebar, lightweight aluminum frame, protective canopy, and a lot of cargo space.
- It folds flat and compact
- Fabric is removable for cleaning
- Stable and effortless to maneuver on different terrains
- Suspensions are relatively soft compared to similar strollers
- The ultimate multi-sport bike trailer + stroller designed for every family adventure. Bike and stroller kits included. Expand your adventures with optional ski and jogger conversion kits (sold separately). *Also offered in a two-seater model.
- All-terrain suspension is easily adjustable for a smooth ride no matter where you roam – no tools required. Aerodynamic design delivers unmatched stability.
- Premium reclining seats offer 3 recline positions, contoured padding, and adjustable headrests. Fabrics are removeable for easy cleaning.
What Features Should You Look for in a Jogging Stroller?
Your jogging stroller should use a five-point safety belt, securing the hips and shoulders to keep your baby secure. Keep in kind that jogging strollers with built-in restraint systems can effectively prevent a baby from slipping or falling out of the stroller as you’re distracted during long runs. 
Swiveling Front Wheel
A swiveling front wheel makes it easier to maneuver tight turns, ideal for leisurely, everyday use. Some joggers allow locking front wheels as an option to offer effortless running in a straight path. There are others that are permanently locked, which can be more stable during a jog, but a lot harder to maneuver during a stroll.
The momentum generated by running can keep the stroller going even when you try to slow down or stop. To make it easier to slow down to a stop, some strollers incorporate parking brakes that stop the rear wheels from turning. Using a jogging stroller with manually controlled parking brakes as you glide in the wind gives you an ease of mind too!
A sun protector or canopy can keep your child safely shielded from sunlight, light rain, and harsh wind. These can be useful especially because jogging strollers are commonly used on nature trails and outdoor spaces with little shade.
Some canopies are designed with upf 50+ and a small window of mesh or clear plastic to give parents a view of their child even when the canopy is fully extended. You can then keep an eye on your baby or play peek-a-boo with it when it’s starting to be bored or fussy.
Wrist Strap/Safety Tether
This stroller accessory is exclusive to jogging strollers and are usually provided as part of the purchase as an additional safety measure. In case the parent loses grip on the handle, a wrist strap, otherwise known as safety tether, guarantees that the stroller stays within the parent’s reach.
Strollers that fold down to travel-friendly sizes make an ideal choice if you want to limit the space it takes up in storage or in your car. Our top pick – the Thule Glide is a great example of a compact folding jogging stroller.
Certain people consider jogging with their littles ones dangerous and challenging, but like many things in terms of parenting, there is no absolute black and white. 
With that being said, jogging strollers are naturally associated with its risks and rewards too. Running while pushing a heavy load can be both dangerous and challenging. Some jogging strollers come in much lighter styles, making it easier for parents to maximize their running distance minus the hefty load.
Based on all the information I’ve found, I have to say that the Thule Urban Glide 2 Jogging Stroller is the very best overall you can spend your money on. Of course, it does come at a steeper price. But with jogging strollers, you get what you pay for.
Aside from that, its design flaws are much more forgivable compared to all the other choices on the list.
Offering the most important safety, versatility, and premium performance, it is a product I can proudly recommend to parents who want to achieve a healthier lifestyle, or who simply want a top-of-the-line everyday stroller that can ease the experience of bringing baby out for a leisurely stroll.
Don’t forget to share your thoughts with us in the comment section to let us know what you think!
Last update on 2022-06-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API