Disney is a magical experience for people of all ages, but nothing compares to the magic that is seen through a child’s eyes. But there is no denying that a full day at a Disney park can take a toll on anyone, especially those with little legs.
Your child will need to have a place to rest between all the moments of excitement, which is why you will need to find the best stroller for Disney.
In this article, we will help make the process of finding the best stroller to take to Disney World much easier.
From our list, the top five picks include:
- Best Overall Stroller for Disney: BOB Gear Revolution Flex 3.0 Jogging Stroller
- Best Affordable Stroller for Disney: Kolcraft Cloud Plus Stroller
- Best Double Stroller for Disney: Baby Jogger City Mini GT2 Double Stroller
- Best Umbrella Stroller for Disney: Summer 3Dlite Convenience Stroller
- Best Big Kid Stroller for Disney: gb Pockit Travel Stroller
Best Stroller for Disney World and Disneyland
When planning a family trip to the most magical place on earth, you want to make sure you are prepared. There will be long hours with a lot of waiting and walking. And for a long day, you will need the right baby stroller.
When choosing the best stroller for Disneyland, you will not only need to take into account the number of children you are bringing, but you will need to assess their comfort and ensure you have enough stroller organizer and storage space to store all of your park necessities.
You will also need to adhere to the Disneyland stroller guidelines.
There are Disney stroller rules the parks abide by (which are applicable to both Disneyland in California and Disney World in Florida).
Disney’s stroller rules were recently updated in early 2019. Their most basic guidelines include:
- No strollers wider than 31” and longer than 52”
- Stroller wagons are not permitted
- Strollers cannot be used on escalators, only on ramps and elevators
- Children must be removed from their strollers when riding on the parking lot tram
There are several Disney approved strollers that follow these guidelines. It is highly likely your stroller already fits the requirements, and if you don’t have one yet, it should be relatively easy for you to find one.
You can read these rules in more detail on the Disney World website. If your stroller size is in question when you get to the park, there are areas where you can measure it to ensure it fits the guidelines.
Some of the commonly used stroller models that are not allowed in Disney include:
- Angeles Infant SureStop Commercial Stroller
- Baby Diego 2-in-1 Double Bike Trailer and Jogger
- Baby Jogger Summit x3 Double Stroller
- Baby Trend Expedition Double Jogger
- Baby Trend Navigator Lite Double Stroller
- Baby Trend MOV 180 Sit n’ Stand Stroller
- BOB Sport Utility Duallie Stroller
- Combi Fold n’ Go Double Stroller
- Foundations LX 6-Passenger Stroller
- Foundations Quad Sport 4-Passenger Stroller
- Joovy Big Caboose Stroller
- Peg Perego Duette Piroet Stroller
You probably want to measure your best stroller for Disney ahead of time so you don’t have to walk it back to the car if the park employees deem it too big.
Because you will likely be moving through tighter spaces at times with all the people in the park, maneuverability in a stroller for Disney is a must have feature.
Easy, Compact Fold
Disney requires that you take your child out of their stroller and fold it before you get on the parking lot tram. A stroller that is easy to fold and compact is a must.
Having a stroller that is lightweight also helps with maneuverability and makes it easier to load onto the tram when necessary. You also don’t want to be pushing a bunch of extra weight around all day in addition to your own child’s weight.
Maximum Child Capacity
Even big kids get tired of walking around the park, so you will probably want the best stroller for Disney with a relatively high weight capacity to hold your big kid.
The list of things you will need to bring to the park is likely pretty long. You will want the ability to unload your backpack every once in a while, storing it in the basket under the stroller for safe keeping.
All strollers should have certain safety features. These include brakes for the wheels, safety harnesses, and even sun shades to protect from harmful UV rays. Because you will be outside all day long at the Disney parks, the more safety features included, the better.
The Summer 3Dlite Convenience stroller is our pick for the best Disney umbrella stroller. It is compact and lightweight, making it easy to push around the park and even take on the stroller without taking up much space.
There aren’t a lot of storage options, but the storage basket does hold at least an adult-size backpack or diaper bag. It is very easy to access from the back of the stroller while the seat is inclined.
- Decent amount of storage space
- Extremely lightweight
- Easy to fold and carry with attached shoulder strap
- 4 recline positions
- Includes a cup holder for parents’ convenience
- Wheels can be tricky to maneuver
- Cannot access storage basket when seat is reclined
- LIGHTWEIGHT – A lightweight stroller makes any outing a little easier! The Summer 3Dlite Convenience Stroller has a durable aluminum frame that weighs just 13 pounds and has a large seat area, plus anti-shock front wheels and lockable rear wheels
- FOR TRAVEL AND EVERYDAY – Whether you’re traveling or just on the go running everyday errands, having a lightweight, compact stroller is a must! With this one easy to use stroller, you’ll have both an everyday and travel stroller option
- 4-POSITION RECLINE - Keep your little one comfortable and safe at all times with the 4 position recline and 5 point safety harness. Maximum weight of child for this toddler stroller: 50 pounds
If you’re looking for the best big kid stroller for Disney that isn’t big and bulky, the gb Pockit Travel Stroller is a great choice. This stroller is so lightweight at only 9.5 pounds and can fold small enough to fit into a backpack.
But even with its light frame, it can hold a child up to 55 pounds and the storage basket can carry up to 11 pounds. The canopy doesn’t offer much coverage for smaller children, but for a big kid, it covers just enough.
- Folds small enough to fit into a backpack
- Extremely lightweight
- Lots of padding on the seat and harness
- Can hold a child up to 55 pounds
- Storage basket can hold up to 11 pounds of gear
- Seat does not recline
- Canopy is very small and doesn’t offer much sun protection
- WORLD'S SMALLEST FOLDING STROLLER - With its innovative two-step folding design, the Pockit is the 2014 Guiness World Records most compact stroller folding down to 11.8 inches x 7 inches x 13.8 inches and a weight of 9.5 pounds
- SMALL BUT STRONG - Built using high quality, durable materials, the Pockit can hold a child from 6 months up to 55 pounds as well as 11 pounds of gear in its convenient storage basket
- PERFECT FOR DAY TRIPS OR EXTENDED TRAVEL - For families with a passion for local or overseas travel and exploring, Pockit is the quintessential choice as it stows away easily in any plane or train overhead bin, or just stowing away in the car
The Kolcraft Cloud Plus Stroller is probably the best affordable stroller to take to Disney Parks. It has just about everything you would need without breaking the budget. You get a large storage basket, organization trays with cup holders for both the parent and the child, and even a large, full coverage canopy.
You can easily fold this stroller with one hand and it stands on its own when folded. With this feature, you can make the parking lot tram experience a breeze.
- Extremely lightweight
- Stands on its own when folded
- Extra organization with parent and child trays
- Canopy offers full coverage and protection
- Affordable for any budget
- Folding takes a little extra manual work
- Difficult to adjust recline with strap
- LIGHTWEIGHT -- Travel friendly lightweight design (only 11.8 lbs), perfect for traveling and day trips. Disney Size Approved! Assembled Dimensions: 18" W x 31.25" D x 34" H.
- EXTENDED CANOPY -- Three-tier, extended canopy for maximum UV protection. A peek-a-boo window so you can easily keep a watchful eye on your baby.
- EASY ONE-HAND FOLD -- Convenient one-hand and self-standing fold, perfect for car travel and vacations. Folded Dimensions: 18" W x 12" d x 34" h. All-terrain wheels and front suspension for a smooth ride
The UPPAbaby G-LITE Stroller is very similar to the Kolcraft Cloud in design. They both have a nice large storage basket and canopy as well as a comfy seat for your child. There is even a cup holder on the side for the parent’s convenience.
However, the best feature that sets the UPPAbaby apart from the Kolcraft is the mesh back. This will be a life saver for those long days at the park as it offers breathability and keeps your child cool.
- Mesh sling seat for breathability
- Large netted storage basket
- Easy, compact fold
- Lightweight with shoulder strap for easy carrying
- Expandable canopy offers more coverage
- Mesh back doesn’t offer much support
- Not very much suspension in the wheels
- NEW! 2018 model G-LITE Stroller
- Mesh sling seat for breathability and comfort without adding weight
- Zipper recline ; High-performance, 4.7” diameter wheels
If we had to choose a best overall stroller to take to Disney, it would probably be the BOB Gear Revolution Flex 3.0 Jogging Stroller. It is a little bulkier than the others we have looked at, so it may not be the most convenient for the tram, but all of the other features it offers makes it the best stroller for Disney to use within the park.
The single front wheel provides better maneuverability than strollers with four wheels altogether. It’s comfortable for your child and offers a nice smooth ride with the air-filled tires and mountain bike suspension.
- Compatible with all Britax and BOB car seats
- Mountain bike suspension and air filled tires for a smooth ride
- Handlebar angle adjusts
- Extra large canopy with full coverage
- Single front swivel wheel helps maneuverability
- Very expensive for the budget shopper
- Difficult to fold and rather bulky
- Smooth ride: Suspension system & air filled tires provide an ultra-smooth ride over any terrain
- Perfect fit: Adjustable handlebar creates the perfect fit for parents of all heights; No-rethread harness design for easy height adjustments
- Extra space: 6 storage pockets & extra-large cargo basket provide plenty of room for your gear; Includes a cell phone pocket at the handlebar
The best double stroller for Disney would have to be the Baby Jogger City Mini GT2 Double Stroller. It is so easy to fold and is nice and compact while remaining self standing.
Both seats are individually adjustable. This means the leg rests, canopies, and recline angles can be customized to each child for their comfort. It also has great suspension and excellent maneuverability.
- Rubber tires with smooth suspension
- Hand operated brake for additional safety
- Reclines to a near flat position
- Handlebar adjusts to accommodate different parents’ heights
- Separate full coverage canopies for each seat
- All accessories sold separately
- Storage basket is a bit small for a diaper bag
- Forever air rubber tires with all-wheel suspension provide uncompromised agility on any terrain
- Lift both in-seat straps and the City Mini GT2 Double Stroller folds itself quickly and easily
- Adjustable handlebar and hand-operated parking brake provide comfortable steering and control
Coming in a close second would be the Joovy Scooter X2 Double Stroller. The suspension and maneuverability isn’t quite as good as the Baby Jogger, but we love the storage options and comfortable seats the Joovy Scooter offers.
It is also quite a bit less expensive than the Baby Jogger, making it a great choice for the budget stroller shopper.
- Several storage options for organization
- Large storage basket
- Seats recline nearly flat
- Adjustable leg rests
- Full canopy coverage
- Recline is difficult to adjust with strap
- Somewhat difficult to maneuver
- 30" width-fits through standard doors, accommodates two 45 pounds children (90 pounds total)
- Recline each seat and adjust each footrest independently of each other
- One-hand fold, huge basket and canopy, removable bumper bar
One of the cool things about this stroller is the fact that it is expandable. With the purchase of an additional attachment, this stroller can grow to even accommodate 3 or 4 children. Just be sure to measure it before going to Disney if you are planning to use the expansion.
- Can grow to a triple stroller or quad stroller with purchase of additional seat
- Canopies are extra large
- Can hold up to 45 pounds in each seat
- Tall handlebar and extra foot space for parents
- Cup holder for each child
- Wheels are small and hard to maneuver at times
- Storage basket doesn’t offer much support
- LIGHTWEIGHT - The ultimate UPF 50+ everyday twin stroller system for ages 3 months or older that is ready for your family. It can grow from a double to a triple or quad with an expandable tandem add-on seat (sold separately).
- CONVENIENT – Keep snacks and drinks where you need them with one child snack cup, two child cup holders, and one parent cup holder. The elastic storage basket is perfect for a diaper bag.
- COLLAPSE AND FOLD – This high-grade convenience stroller for two kids is Disney approved and can fit children from newborns up to 45 pounds in each seat. The simple collapse-and-fold technology only takes seconds to make this easy to store.
Though looks shouldn’t matter too much when choosing a stroller for Disney, there is something nice about pushing around something classy looking. And the UPPAbaby Cruz V2 Stroller offers just that.
The nice thing about this stroller is that it can be used as a single or a double as well as a travel system. No additional attachments or hardware is needed to attach your child’s car seat. However, you will need to make an additional purchase if you want to have a second rider.
- Telescopic adjustable handlebar
- Extra-large storage basket
- Reversible seat position
- Works as a travel system without needing additional attachments
- Large tires for a smooth ride
- Additional seat options sold separately
- Very expensive
- Dual action rear suspension (patent-pending) is designed with two varying springs that respond in unison to soften the ride no matter the child's weight.
- Smaller folded size makes it easier to carry, tuck away or take up less trunk space
- Larger front and rear tires create a smoother ride over tough terrain
If you are visiting Disneyland with children of differing ages, sometimes a side by side double stroller isn’t the best option. Instead, you should consider the Joovy Caboose Ultralight Graphite Stroller.
This stroller offers a regular forward facing seat for your baby or tall toddler and a rear caboose seat for your big kid. The back seat is fun for kids and easy for parents since your child can get up and down by themselves without the need for complex buckles.
- Offers dual seating for children of different ages
- Large front canopy for full sun coverage
- Lightweight and compact fold
- Easy to maneuver
- Compatible with forward facing rear seat
- Rear canopy doesn’t offer much coverage
- Storage basket is difficult to access
- The lightest weight, most compact, and maneuverable double stroller available allows your older child to sit and stand on the rear platform or bench seat. 22 pounds
- 2 year warranty is 4 times longer than the baby trend sit and stand warranty and 2 times longer than the Graco ready2 grow warranty - Satisfaction guaranteed. Features three point harness in rear bench seat
- Includes parent organizer and a universal car seat adapter that fits most major brands. Check the Joovy website for the most recent list. Never allow a rear seated child to use the canopy as a hand hold
Nearly every main ride or attraction at Disney Parks has a designated parking area. They are clearly marked and easy to find.
It’s important that you clearly mark your stroller or at least know it very well. With so many people visiting the parks on a daily basis, there are bound to be a few models that are exactly the same as yours.
If you choose to make things a little easier on yourself, you can always rent a stroller at the park. This saves you from needing to measure and wonder if your stroller will be accepted. It also means you won’t need to cart your stroller back and forth on the tram.
Disney stroller rentals can be expensive though. It’s currently $15 for the day for a single and $31 for a double for the day. They are also better suited for bigger children; they don’t accommodate babies with a chest strap or car seats.
We like to assume the best of people, but sometimes bad things happen. You can’t always prevent them, but you can do your part to try to reduce the risk. This includes stroller theft at Disney.
Don’t leave your valuables in the stroller. Clearly mark it with a scarf, ribbon, etc. so that it isn’t accidentally taken by someone else. And don’t assume that because it isn’t where it was left that someone took it. Cast members are permitted to move your stroller if necessary.
If you do find that your stroller has been stolen, alert the park employees and your stroller company to see if you can get a replacement.
Our top overall pick for the best stroller for Disney would have to be the BOB Gear Revolution Flex 3.0 Jogging Stroller.
It is definitely worth the extra cost to have the smooth ride, comfortable seat for your child, and superior maneuverability that BOB strollers are known for. You and your family are sure to have an enjoyable trip to Disney parks with this stroller.
What do you think? Do you have a stroller you’ve taken to Disney that wasn’t on our list? Let us know in the comments below!
Last update on 2020-12-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API