Disney is a magical experience for people of all ages, but nothing compares to the magic that is seen through a child’s eyes. But there is no denying that a full day at a Disney Theme Park can take a toll on anyone, especially those with little legs.
Your child will need to have a place to rest between all the moments of excitement, which is why you will need to find the best stroller for Disney.
In this article, we will help make the process of finding the best stroller to take to Disney World much easier – best single and best double strollers for Disney included!
- Should I Bring My Baby Stroller to Disney World?
- Our Top Picks SummariZed
- Best Stroller For Disney World And Disneyland
- Best Single Strollers For Disney：
- 1. gb Pockit Travel Stroller – Editor’s Pick
- 2. UPPAbaby G-LITE Stroller – Best Umbrella Stroller For Disney
- 3. Summer Infant 3Dlite Convenience Stroller – Best Budget Disney Stroller
- 4. BabyZen YoYo+ Stroller – Best Versatility
- 5. Kolcraft Cloud Plus Stroller
- 6. BOB Gear Revolution Flex 3.0 Jogging Stroller
- Best Double Strollers For Disney:
- 7. Baby Jogger City Mini GT2 Double Stroller – Best Double Stroller For Disney
- 8. Joovy Scooter X2 Double Stroller
- 9. Zoe XL2 Twin Stroller
- 10. Baby Jogger City Mini Double Stroller
- 11. Joovy Caboose Ultralight Graphite Stroller
- How to Choose the Ideal Stroller for Disney
- Stroller Tips for Visiting Disney World with Your Child
- Our Verdict
When planning a family trip to the most magical place on earth, you want to make sure you are prepared. There will be long hours with a lot of waiting and walking. And for a long day, you will need the right baby stroller.
When choosing among the best strollers for Disney World, you will not only need to take into account the number of children you are bringing but also assess their comfort and ensure you have enough stroller organizer and storage space to store all of your park necessities.
To use a stroller will also mean that you need to adhere to the Disneyland stroller guidelines.
When it comes to bringing strollers into the theme parks, Disney has quite a strict policy. These Disneyland stroller rules apply to both: personal as well as rented strollers.
According to the Disney new stroller rules, Disney prohibits the entry of strollers bigger than 31 inches wide and 52 inches long.  Naturally, these Disney stroller dimensions mean that the size-y stroller wagons are also not allowed within the premises of Disney Theme Parks (sorry, stroller wagon fans).
While you are allowed to take the Disney strollers on the elevators and ramps, you are forbidden to take them on escalators. As a parent, you must understand that this is only for the safety and wellbeing of your child.
Also, keep in mind that while riding on a parking lot tram, your child should not be present in the stroller.
Continuing with the Disney World new stroller rules, you should not leave the stroller at Disney World, along with any belongings, unattended while you are present on the premises of Walt Disney World and Disneyland.
And yes, a cast member (a Disney employee at the theme park) is allowed to move your stroller when and if required for operational needs.
While you are at it, you might want to check out this complete guide on how to get the best experience out of a Disney vacation with a baby to make the entire process fun and convenient for you and your precious one!
If all this is too much of a hassle, and that your stroller simply doesn’t fit the Disneyland stroller policy, you can choose not to bring your own stroller! There is the facility of Disneyland stroller rental that allows you the convenience of renting a stroller at Disney World!
You may also be interested in: How To Save Money At Disney World?
Certain strollers are not allowed within the premises of Walt Disney World and Disneyland. These include, but are not limited to:
- Thule Urban Glide 2 Double Stroller
- Graco RoomFor2 Stand & Ride Stroller
- Baby Jogger Summit x3 Double
- Baby Trend Expedition Double Jogger
- Baby Trend Navigator Lite Double
- BOB Gear Rambler Jogging Stroller
- Foundations Triple Sport 3-Seat Folding Tandem Stroller
- Graco Ready2Grow LX 2.0 Double Stroller
- Joovy Big Caboose Triplet Stroller
- Peg Perego Duette Piroet in Atmosphere
- Peg Perego Triplette Piroet Stroller
All of these strollers are not allowed at Disney World and Disneyland because of their sizes, according to Disney stroller rules. So it is always better to size them up at home instead of going through an unpleasant experience while you navigate to downtown Disney.
Our Top Picks SummariZed
Best Stroller For Disney World And Disneyland
This is it – our best overall pick on this list!
If you’re looking for the best big kid stroller for Disney that isn’t big and bulky, the gb Pockit umbrella stroller is a great choice. This single stroller is so lightweight at only 9.5 pounds and can fold small enough to fit into a backpack – the reason being our preferred best Disney stroller!
But even with its light frame, it can hold a child up to 55 pounds and the storage basket can carry up to 11 pounds. The sun canopy doesn’t offer much coverage for smaller children, but as a stroller for big kids, it covers just enough.
- Folds small enough to fit into a backpack
- Extremely lightweight umbrella stroller for Disney
- Lots of padding on the seat and harness
- Can hold a child up to 55 pounds
- Basket can hold up to 11 pounds of gear
- Non-reclining seat
- Canopy is very small and doesn’t offer much sun protection
- Collapsible & Compact Design: This travel stroller's ultra-compact and collapsible design ensures it will fit in most overhead compartments on planes and trains, eliminating the need to check your baby stroller while travelling.
- Lightweight Convenience: This must-have umbrella stroller weighs a mere 9 1/2 pounds and makes one-handed pushing and steering a breeze. It folds down in 2 simple steps and can be carried effortlessly via the attached handle.
- Durable and Flexible Construction: Durable for everyday use as well as travel the Pockit+ is designed to roll with the punches. Its flexible construction keeps wiggly bodies safe and happy during their travels.
The UPPAbaby G-Lite stroller is very similar to the Kolcraft Cloud (also shortlisted below) in design. They both have a nice large storage basket and canopy as well as a comfy seat for your child. There is even a cup holder on the side for the parent’s convenience.
However, the best feature that sets the UPPAbaby umbrella stroller apart from the Kolcraft is the mesh back. This will be a lifesaver for those long days at the theme park as it offers breathability and keeps your child cool.
- Mesh sling seat for breathability
- Large netted storage basket
- Easy, compact stroller fold
- Lightweight single stroller with shoulder strap for easy carrying
- Expandable canopy offers more coverage
- Mesh back doesn’t offer much support
- Not very much suspension in the wheels
- NEW! 2018 model G-LITE Stroller
- Mesh sling seat for breathability and comfort without adding weight
- Zipper recline ; High-performance, 4.7” diameter wheels
The Summer Infant 3Dlite Convenience stroller is our pick for the best Disney umbrella stroller. It is a compact and lightweight baby stroller, making it easy to push around the theme park (or Disney Springs) and even take on the stroller without taking up much space.
There aren’t a lot of storage options, but the basket does hold at least an adult-size backpack or diaper bag. It is very easy to access from the back of the stroller while the seat is inclined.
- Decent amount of storage space
- Extremely lightweight umbrella stroller
- Easy to fold and carry with attached shoulder strap
- 4 recline positions
- Includes a child sippy cup holder for parents’ convenience
- Wheels can be tricky to maneuver
- Cannot access storage basket underneath when seat is reclined
- LIGHTWEIGHT – The Summer 3Dlite Convenience Stroller has a durable aluminum frame that weighs just 13 pounds and has a large seat area, plus anti-shock front wheels and lockable rear wheels. Mesh side panels are also included for improved airflow
- FOR TRAVEL AND EVERYDAY – Whether you’re traveling or just on the go running everyday errands, having a lightweight, compact stroller is a must. With this one easy to use stroller, you’ll have both an everyday and travel stroller option.
- 4-POSITION RECLINE – Keep your little one comfortable and safe at all times with the 4 position recline and 5 point safety harness. Maximum weight and height of child for this toddler stroller: 50 pounds and 43 inches.
4. BabyZen YoYo+ Stroller – Best Versatility
The BabyZen YoYo+ Stroller is among the top-rated umbrella stroller for Disney because of the versatile features offered.
From the comfortable seat cushion to the padded shoulder strap, every feature of this stroller is made to ease your Disney vacation with a baby. Also, the washable fabric of the stroller frees you from the worries of your child being messy!
- A multiposition reclining backrest that allows your child to rest and nap
- The 4-wheel suspension absorbs all shocks on uneven terrains
- Sun canopy window to keep an eye on your kid
- Easily accessible zipped back pocket and storage basket provides plenty of great place to store the essentials
- The handlebar is not adjustable
- High price tag compared with other similar umbrella strollers
- EASY TO USE - BABYZEN YOYO2 is one of the most lightweight, compact, full-feature strollers available. Designed for every situation, every day, you can steer with one hand, carry it on your shoulder & store essentials in the zippered back pocket.
- TAKE IT EVERYWHERE - It's never been easier to meet up with friends, catch a cab, or hop onto the subway. The YOYO2 not only folds & unfolds with one hand, it’s so compact that you can store it in the overhead bin of a plane.
- GROWS WITH YOUR CHILD - Now you only need one stroller! Our all-in-one frame accommodates your growing child, from newborn to toddler (up to 48.5 lbs), with a comfortable seat cushion, a reclining backrest & a secure 5-point harness.
The Kolcraft Cloud Plus is probably the next best affordable stroller to take to Disney Parks.
It has just about everything you would need in umbrella strollers without breaking the budget. You get a large basket, parent trays with cup holders for both the parent and the child, and even a large, full coverage sun canopy.
You can easily fold this umbrella stroller for Disney with one hand and it stands on its own when folded. With this feature, you can make the parking lot tram experience a breeze.
- Extremely lightweight
- Stands on its own when folded
- Extra organization with parent and child trays
- Canopy offers full coverage and protection
- Affordable for any budget
- Folding takes a little extra manual work
- Difficult to adjust recline with strap
- LIGHTWEIGHT -- Travel friendly lightweight design (only 11.8 lbs), perfect for traveling and day trips. Disney Size Approved!The assembled dimensions are 17.6 x 29.9 x 41.7 inches
- EXTENDED CANOPY -- Three-tier, extended canopy for maximum UV protection. A peek-a-boo window so you can easily keep a watchful eye on your baby.
- EASY ONE-HAND FOLD -- Convenient one-hand and self-standing fold, perfect for car travel and vacations. Folded Dimensions: 18" W x 12" d x 34" h. All-terrain wheels and front suspension for a smooth ride
If we had to choose a runner up best stroller to take to Disney, it would probably be the BOB Gear Revolution Flex 3.0 Jogging Stroller.
Typical of jogging strollers, it is a little bulkier than the others we have looked at, so it may not be the most convenient for the tram, but all of the other features it offers makes it one of the best strollers for Disney World to use within the park.
The single front wheel of this popular stroller provides better maneuverability than strollers with four wheels altogether.
It’s comfortable for your child and offers a nice ride with the air-filled tires and mountain bike suspension.
- Compatible with all Britax and BOB car seats
- Mountain bike suspension and air filled tires for a pleasant ride
- Handlebar angle adjusts
- Oversized sun canopy with full coverage
- Single front swivel wheel helps maneuverability
- Very expensive single stroller for the budget shoppers
- Difficult to fold and rather bulky
- Smooth ride: Suspension system & air filled tires provide an ultra-smooth ride over any terrain
- Perfect fit: Adjustable handlebar creates the perfect fit for parents of all heights; No-rethread harness design for easy height adjustments
- Extra space: 6 storage pockets & extra-large cargo basket provide plenty of room for your gear; Includes a cell phone pocket at the handlebar
7. Baby Jogger City Mini GT2 Double Stroller – Best Double Stroller For Disney
Some of you may ask: what if I need a stroller for two kids at Disney?
The good news is – the best double stroller for Disney that you can find has to be the City Mini Stroller by Baby Jogger. It is so easy to fold and is nice and compact while remaining self standing.
Both seats are individually adjustable. This means the leg rests, canopies, and recline angles can be customized to each child for their comfort. It also has great suspension and excellent maneuverability.
- Rubber tires with smooth suspension make it one great double stroller for travel
- Hand operated brake for additional safety
- Seat reclines to a near completely flat position
- Handlebar adjusts to accommodate different parents’ heights
- Separate full coverage canopies for each seat
- All stroller accessories sold separately
- Storage basket is a bit small for a diaper carrier
- Forever air rubber tires with all-wheel suspension provide a comfortable stroll on any terrain
- Adjustable handlebar and hand-operated parking brake provide comfortable steering and control, all within an arm's reach.Do not use bleach, solvents or abrasive cleaning materials
- Customize your ride for 4 different modes of use with accessories like the infant car seat, pram, glider board, parent console, child tray, and more (sold separately)
8. Joovy Scooter X2 Double Stroller
Coming in a close second as one of the best Disney approved double strollers would be the Joovy Scooter X2.
The suspension and maneuverability isn’t quite as good as the Baby Jogger, but we love the storage options and comfortable seats the Joovy double stroller offers.
It is also quite a bit less expensive than the Baby Jogger, making it a great choice for the budget stroller shopper.
- Several storage options for organization
- Large storage basket
- Reclining seat adjustable to near flat
- Adjustable leg rests and removable bumper bar
- Sun shade canopy provides full coverage
- Recline is difficult to adjust with strap
- Somewhat difficult to maneuver unlike all-terrain double strollers for Disney
- Fits through standard doors and navigates narrow checkout lines
- Adjustable extra-large sun protection canopy with a peek-a-boo window
- Each seat can independently recline in infinite positions. Adjustable footests.
9. Zoe XL2 Twin Stroller
Need a Disney World stroller for more than 2 kids at Disney? No Problem! The Zoe XL2 Stroller is the best lightweight option as a double stroller for Disney.
It only weighs 19 pounds and folds nice and compact, which is a big difference from the average bulky double stroller.
One of the cool things about the Zoe XL2 stroller is the fact that it is expandable. With the purchase of an additional attachment, this stroller can grow to even accommodate 3 or 4 younger or older kids.
Just be sure to measure it before going to Disney if you are planning to use the expansion.
- Can grow to a triple stroller or quad stroller with purchase of additional seat
- Canopies are extra large
- Can hold up to 45 pounds in each seat
- Tall handlebar and extra foot space for parents
- Cup holder for each child
- The double stroller’s wheels are small and hard to maneuver at times
- Storage basket doesn’t offer much support
- LIGHTWEIGHT - The ultimate UPF 50+ everyday twin stroller system for ages 3 months or older that is ready for your family. It can grow from a double to a triple or quad with an expandable tandem add-on seat (sold separately).
- CONVENIENT – Keep snacks and drinks where you need them with one child snack cup, two child cup holders, and one parent cup holder. The elastic storage basket is perfect for a diaper bag.
- COLLAPSE AND FOLD – This high-grade convenience stroller for two kids is Disney approved and can fit children from newborns up to 45 pounds in each seat. The simple collapse-and-fold technology only takes seconds to make this easy to store.
10. Baby Jogger City Mini Double Stroller
This Baby Jogger City Mini Stroller is a lightweight, easy-to-fold Disney runner up best double stroller for Disneyland transportation to accompany your Disney trips.
The sun canopies with the peekaboo windows allow your little ones to experience Disney without getting out of their seats, while the quick fold technology allows you to fold the stroller in one step safely and conveniently.
- The padded reclining seats come in handy during nap times
- Washable fabric on the seats allows easy clean-up after mishaps
- Storage compartments are present at the back and below the seats
- Front-wheel shock absorbing suspension avoids bumpy rides
- Double stroller for Disney that lacks adjustable footrest
- No parent console on the handlebars
- Patented quick fold technology fold your lightweight double stroller in one step
- Front wheel suspension soaks up road bumps. This vehicle is suitable from birth to 5 years, Maximum weight: 50 lbs /22 5 kg, maximum height: 44 in /112 cm in each seat
- Twin stroller features comfortably padded seats reclines to a near flat position with vented seat tops;Type:Travel System Compatible
If you are visiting Disneyland with children of differing ages, sometimes a side by side double stroller isn’t the best strollers for Disney World option.
This Disney World stroller is one of the best of the best among convertible double strollers for older kids. It offers a regular forward facing seat for your baby or tall toddler and a rear caboose seat for your big kid.
The back seat is fun for kids and easy for parents since your child can get up and down by themselves without the need for complex buckles.
- Offers dual seating for older children and kids of different ages
- Large front sun shade canopy for full sun coverage
- Compact and lightweight fold
- Easy to maneuver
- Best sit and stand stroller for Disney
- Compatible with forward facing back seat
- Rear canopy doesn’t offer much coverage
- Storage basket is difficult to access
- Front seat is non-reclinable
- The lightest weight, most compact, and maneuverable double stroller available allows your older child to sit and stand on the rear platform or bench seat. 22 pounds
- Includes parent organizer and a universal car seat adapter that fits most major brands. Check the Joovy website for the most recent list. Never allow a rear seated child to use the canopy as a hand hold
- New rear seat canopy extension protects the rear seated child. Also compatible with the Caboose Rear Seat that adds a full size, forward facing rear seat (if your older child is still too young to stand)
Because you will likely be moving through tighter spaces at times with all the people in the park, maneuverability in a stroller for Disney is a must have feature. 3 wheel strollers often perform better in the field of maneuverability compared to traditional 4-wheeled models.
Compact and Easy Fold
Aforementioned, for admittance, strollers must be a maximum width of 31 and a maximum length of 52. Plus, Disney requires that you take your child out of their stroller and fold it before you get on the parking lot tram. A stroller that is easy to fold and compact is a must.
This is where stroller wagons fail to meet the requirements. The enforcement is also to improve visitor experience to avoid/ ease congestion.
If you’re taking Disney transportation, a lightweight and compact model would also mean that you have a better chance of not having to fold down your stroller! Meaning that you’ll save time by not having to assemble and disassemble it!
Having a stroller that is lightweight also helps with maneuverability and makes it easier to load onto the tram when necessary. You also don’t want to be pushing a bunch of extra weight around all day in addition to your own child’s weight.
Maximum Child Capacity
Even big kids get tired of walking around the theme park, so you will probably want your Disney stroller with a relatively high weight capacity to hold your big kid.
Some best strollers for Disney World, such as the BOB Revolution Flex can withstand a significantly higher weight limit than other models of different stroller types.
The list of things you will need to bring to the park is likely pretty long. You will want the ability to unload your backpack every once in a while, storing it in the basket underneath the Disney World stroller for safe keeping.
All strollers should have certain safety features. These include brakes for the wheels, safety harnesses, and even sun shades to protect from harmful UV rays.  Because you will be outside all day long at the Disney parks, the more safety features included, the better.
With so much happening at Walt Disney World with preschoolers, your first priority must be convincing when it comes to strollers.
Apart from many other factors that can offer you convenience during your Disney trip, built-in and attachable stroller accessories come first.
There are a variety of accessories that you can get your hands on, some of which include:
- multipurpose stroller hooks
- an easy to access stroller organizer
- a flexible tripod clip-on fan for the hot summer days (you may also check out our list of best stroller fan picks here)
Also, make sure to bring a sunshade and a rain cover, as you can never really predict the weather in Florida! And yes, these all suggestions do apply to Disney World 2 year olds, Disney World with a 3 year old, and Disney World with a 4 year old.
When you are at theme parks, time seems to run. And during all the exploration and excitement, your little one is bound to get tired. For all such moments where all your child needs is a nap to restore their energy, a reclining seat in a Disney stroller comes in the handiest.
Wheels and Shock
Disney Theme Parks consist of various terrains and surfaces. You need to make sure that the wheels of your Disney stroller and carseat are suitable for all such places to avoid any last moments hassles.
So, since you might encounter slopes and slants, it is best to check the brakes and shocks to ensure that your baby stays safe during the adventures!
“It will make your trip so much easier if you know how to apply the brakes.”Undercover Tourist
Nearly every main ride or attraction at Disney Parks has a designated parking area. Strollers typically have to remain at the parks or at Disney Springs. They are clearly marked and easy to find.
Before you park your stroller, it’s important that you clearly mark your stroller at Disney World or at least know it well enough to be able to tell it apart from other models as it can later aid you on how to find your stroller at Disney.
With so many people visiting the parks on a daily basis, there are bound to be a few models that are exactly the same as yours.
Did you know that you can rent strollers from stroller rental companies? If you choose to make things a little easier on yourself, you can always opt to rent strollers at Disney.
Renting a stroller during your Disney vacation saves you from needing to measure and wonder if your stroller will be accepted. It also means you won’t need to cart your stroller back and forth on the tram.
If you need stroller rental service, the bad news is that Disney stroller rentals can be expensive though.
It’s currently $15 for the day for a single and $31 for double strollers.  They are also better suited for older children as the rental strollers don’t accommodate babies with a safety chest strap or car seats.
We like to assume the best of people, but sometimes bad things happen. You can’t always prevent them, but you can do your part to try to reduce the risk. This includes stroller theft Disney World.
Apart from utilizing the baby care centers, keep in mind to not leave valuables in your stroller. 
Clearly mark it with a scarf, ribbon, etc. so that it isn’t accidentally taken by someone else.
You may also consider getting or making your own Disney stroller tag for easier identification of your stroller among the many strollers thronging the parks.
And don’t assume that because it isn’t where it was left that someone took it.
Remember that cast members are permitted to move your strollers at Disney if and when necessary.
If you do find that your stroller has been stolen, alert the park employees and your stroller company to see if you can get or need a stroller replacement.
Phew, going to the happiest place on earth but with so many stroller options to choose from, which one is the best? Our top overall pick of the best single stroller for Disney vacation would have to be the gb Pockit Travel Stroller!
Lightweight but packing a punch, this one’s a big kid stroller that is compact enough to fit even into a backpack!
That said, in the case of double strollers for Disney, we think the best goes to none other than the Baby Jogger City Mini GT2. It has everything parents dream of in travel double strollers!
What do you think? Do you have a stroller you’ve taken to Disney that wasn’t on our list? Let us know in the comments below!
Last update on 2022-11-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API