The journey to parenthood is an exciting time. There is so much to do and so much to prepare. Creating your baby registry is all fun and games until you realize how much stuff you truly need!
This includes the best stroller for newborn. You obviously want everything to be safe and cozy, so how do you choose?
We have lined up a handy guide that will hopefully ease the decision-making process. Let’s get started!
12 Best Strollers for Newborns
Anything you plan on using regularly for your little one should be of top quality. This will help ensure that it is not only comfortable but safe too. A stroller for newborn is something you will find yourself using all the time.
Strollers make life much easier for new parents. This is especially true for those with young infants. While you may feel like a stroller isn’t necessary because your baby is too young to use the child seat, there is an important consideration you are overlooking.
Babies almost always fall asleep in the car. When you arrive at your destination you can either take them out of the car seat and wake them up…
…or, lug a heavy car seat around…
…or, attach the seat to your stroller! This makes moving about with your car seat so much simpler.
Additionally, many of the best newborn strollers have other features that make taking a walk with your little one a breeze. These can include things like bassinets in addition to car seat adapters. Having a method to move about with your new baby, either in their car seat or solely in the stroller, is a necessity.
Just because you have a newborn doesn’t mean you have to be tied down! That is, as long as you pick one of the best infant strollers.
Like everything on your registry, you probably don’t want to choose the first item you come across.
Picking a safe and functional stroller for newborn baby can be of the utmost importance. This is even more true because you plan to use it with your newborn at walking speeds over hard surfaces.
Age and Size Limits.
Not all strollers are designed for newborns. In fact, most of them are created for older children.
Many stroller child seats do not accommodate an infant until at least six months of age. Therefore, it is important to review all of the stroller’s age, weight, and height limits to make sure it can accommodate an infant.
Also, finding one that can suit a child from the newborn stage and beyond can be helpful. This way you can use it while your baby is small and throughout the time they are quickly growing into a toddler and then a child.
Of course, safety is paramount. Make sure that your child’s stroller has been rigorously tested and meets all safety requirements. The best stroller for newborn should have things like proper restraints, infant inserts, and a braking system.
Other features can contribute to overall safety too, like extra durable wheels and sturdy design. You may want to think twice before buying a cheap newborn stroller.
Ease of Use.
Traveling with an infant isn’t easy. Moving a car seat from place to place is especially hard. You will likely want to find a stroller that makes things simpler.
Look for features like a one-handed fold, one-click adapters, and a one-touch braking system. All of these options will allow you to travel solo with your newborn with ease. Best yet, consider getting a car seat stroller combo!
You won’t be using your stroller all the time. Additionally, strollers are items associated with travel.
This means you might want the best stroller for newborn that is easy to carry, store and transport. More compact strollers store and travel easier. Also, lighter and sleeker strollers can be easier to push and turn.
Finally, think about special comfort and convenience features. These can include things like a sunshade, a lower storage basket, and cup holders. All of these things can make your stroller travels much more enjoyable.
When you are done listing the important features you need in a stroller for your newborn baby, the next thing to do is to go through available models to determine the ideal one for you and your family of course!
These are the best stroller for newborn models we have researched and reviewed:-
#1 Maxi-Cosi Zelia 5-In-1 Modular Travel System
First up is the Maxi-Cosi Zelia 5-In-1 Modular Travel System. This system has got you covered from the day you bring your bundle home until they are fifty pounds. Its features ensure your little one will be cozy and safe each step of the way.
The one-click adapters effortlessly allow you to attach one of the lightest child seats around to your stroller. The rear-facing attachment keeps your baby perfectly within view.
Don’t have, or don’t want to use your car seat? This stroller has a bassinet feature. In carriage mode, your little one can comfortably snooze away.
When they get older, they will love the versatile child seat. It can face forward or backward. Additionally, the seat has a multi-position recline so they can relax.
The extra-large storage basket has plenty of room for the diaper bag. The extendable sunshade will keep delicate skin from getting burned. The shades peek-a-boo flap allows you to peek in on your precious newborn.
Parents will love the fact that this stroller can fold with one hand. It is lightweight and easy to fit in your trunk. When you are storing it in the garage, it has a convenient self-standing function.
Overall, this one best stroller for newborn is exceptionally easy to use.
- Smooth maneuverability
- Lie-flat carriage mode
- Self-wicking fabrics
- Flip out sun visor
- Canopy is not water-resistant
- Narrow child seat
- Overall dimensions: 25.5" W x 35" D x 45" H | Collapsed dimensions: 25.5" W x 17" D x 45" H
- Built for comfort as well as safety, this travel system includes a car seat able to accommodate children from five to 30 pounds, while the stroller supports kids up to 50 pounds
- The maxi-cosi 5-in-1 modular travel system includes the lightest infant car seat in the maxi cosi class and comes complete with the stay-in-car base and a stylish, easy-to-maneuver stroller
#2 JOOVY New Groove Ultralight Umbrella Stroller
Sometimes, you don’t want a travel system, just a light portable stroller. Enter the JOOVY New Groove Ultralight Umbrella Stroller. Unlike most umbrella strollers, this one is safe for all kids newborn to 55 pounds.
This is because of its intuitive reclining seat that can go from upright to nearly flat. It also has a built-in foot enclosure that keeps little ones feeling safe and secure.
As your child ages, the enclosure becomes a comfy footrest. The entire seat is constructed from soft breathable materials, perfect for relaxing on a stroll.
The fabrics are also water-resistant, protecting your little one from the rain. An extra-large UPF 50 canopy keeps them shaded and cool. This stroller has plenty of convenience features.
A zippered pocket for parents in the rear adds quick-access storage. The large basket underneath can hold the rest of your essentials. There are child accessible mesh pockets as well. There are two cup holders for both parents and kids alike.
When not in use, the stroller folds effortlessly. In its compact folded form, it is self-standing. It has a convenient carry strap for when you are on the go too.
This is one of the top-rated infant strollers for on-the-go families.
- Infant foot enclosure
- Seat fully reclines
- No-hunch handlebars
- The rear-wheel braking system
- Seat recline is difficult to adjust
- The seatback cup holder is flimsy
For more umbrella stroller picks, you could also read our reviews here: Best Umbrella Stroller
- Your child can nap from newborn to 55 pounds in a near-flat recline
- UPF 50 canopy provides sun protection plus peek-a-boo window. The maximum height of a child the product is designed to carry is 44 inches
- 2 cup holders and zippered storage pocket. Compact standing umbrella fold. Zero-Hunch Handlebars
#3 Baby Jogger City Mini GT2 Stroller
The Baby Jogger City Mini GT2 Stroller is a lightweight travel system that perfectly accommodates newborns. This luxury stroller provides a smooth and safe ride for children size newborn to 65 pounds.
When your little one is just an infant, there are two ways to ride. The first is to effortlessly connect their car seat with the included adapters. The second option is the bassinet. It lets your baby lie flat, a great position for playing, or sleeping while you stroll.
The child seat can recline nearly flat as well. The five-point harness keeps your child very secure. Whether they are using the bassinet, the car seat, or the child seat, the large sun canopy will keep them protected. The magnetic peek-a-boo windows give parents the opportunity to check-in.
Safety features can be found throughout the stroller. The forever-air rubber tires with all-wheel suspension keep the ride extra smooth. The adjustable handlebar will suit any height and has a nifty hand-brake system.
This is another best stroller for newborn that is full of wonderful features.
- One-handed fold
- Adjustable calf support
- Extra-large storage basket with front and rear access
- The seat doesn’t sit fully upright
- The harness is difficult to use
- SAFE AND SNUG: Stroller seat holds a child up to 65 pound and includes a 5 point stroller harness to keep your child safely secured
- UNCOMPROMISED AGILITY: Stroller has forever air rubber tires with all wheel suspension, providing uncompromised agility on any terrain
- ONE HAND FOLD: Lift a strap with one hand and the City Mini GT2 stroller folds itself simply and compactly
#4 Babyzen Yoyo+ Stroller
The Babyzen Yoyo+ Stroller is excellent for newborn travel. Its sleek and lightweight design is so elegant it looks like a fashion accessory rather than a stroller. The strollers’ real benefits shine when you are traveling, via car, bus, or plane.
This stroller easily folds and unfolds. It is so simple it can be done with one hand. In its folded position it is so compact that it can fit in the overhead storage compartment of an airplane.
This ready-to-go stroller can accommodate newborns to older children. Its bassinet attachment is called the newborn nest. It keeps children snuggled and cozy.
The stroller also has an adapter so that you can easily attach your child’s car seat. When your baby is six months and older, switch to the child seat fabrics.
Parents will love the extra-large storage basket and seat back compartment. With the extendable canopy and rain cover, you can rest assured your baby is protected from the elements. Rounding out the stroller’s offerings are the four-wheel suspension and “soft-drive” system.
For a smooth ride anywhere, anytime, do consider this sweet stroller for newborn in your shopping list!
- Fits in an airplane storage bin
- Reinforced frame
- Carry strap
- Multiple color options
- Does not accommodate all infant carriers
#5 Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Travel System
If you are an on-the-go family but of the walking and running variety, check out the Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Travel System. The super-light frame is perfect for pushing along baby while you stroll or jog.
The extra-large bicycle tires are both durable and great at giving your baby a smooth ride.
They can travel over nearly any type of surface, and minimize bumps. The front-wheel swivels for maneuvering through tight space or a crowd. When you run you can lock it into place.
Even though it is a jogging stroller (most jogging strollers aren’t newborn-friendly), the adapters allow you to attach your infant car seat effortlessly. The child seat is equally as easy to use.
The five-point harness provides safety while the child tray and cup holders offer convenience. Even parents get a stray, complete with two additional cup holders. The expansive storage basket keeps your belongings stowed away.
The entire stroller folds up quite easily, and into a narrow form. This can be easily stored in your trunk or your garage.
This is a great, sleek stroller for keeping your newborn tucked snugly as you bring him outdoors, and for jogging and running with your baby when he’s older.
- Bicycle tires for a smooth ride
- The stroller includes safety reflectors
- Child tray
- Large wheels can make storage difficult
- Canopy is not very large
Love hiking and wish to go on such outdoor activity with your child? You may want to check our 5 Best Stroller for Hiking Trails article for ideas.
- Large bicycle tires roll effortlessly over all surfaces
- Convenient Parent Tray with 2 Cupholders
- Front Swivel Wheel for easy maneuvering, locks for jogging
#6 BOB Gear Revolution Flex 3.0 Jogging Stroller
The BOB Gear Revolution Flex 3.0 Jogging Stroller is another great jogging stroller. It can accommodate newborns thanks to the car seat adapters. These adapters making clicking on a child seat a breeze. When your baby is big enough for the child seat they will enjoy a superior ride.
The no-rethread harness allows the straps to be adjusted with the push of a button. The compression comfort seat makes the ride extremely pleasant for occupants. The deep canopy protects nearly every inch of them.
Parents will adore the multitude of storage options. There are six storage pockets, including a cell phone pouch and a lower basket. Those pushing will also fawn over the adjustable handlebar that makes pushing a joy for a person of any height.
Finally, the suspension system and air-filled rugged tires mean you can jog along smoothly for both your ease of use and your baby’s comfort.
- Accommodates children up to 75lbs
- Includes safety reflectors
- Lightweight aluminum frame
- No cup holder
- Bulky when folded
- Smooth ride: Suspension system & air filled tires provide an ultra-smooth ride over any terrain
- Perfect fit: Adjustable handlebar creates the perfect fit for parents of all heights; No-rethread harness design for easy height adjustments
- Extra space: 6 storage pockets & extra-large cargo basket provide plenty of room for your gear; Includes a cell phone pocket at the handlebar
#7 Graco Modes Travel System
The Graco Modes Travel System is one of the most highly rated travel systems. It includes the ever-popular Graco Snugride car seat.
This awesome seat can be attached to the modes stroller with the click of an attachment. Aside from being able to carry your car seat, the stroller offers an impressive 10 modes of riding.
Your little one can face forwards or backward, reclined, upright, and every angle in between. When your child is an infant, the child seat converts into an infant enclosure, allowing them to feel cozy and secure.
As they age, the lower portion of the seat changes to a leg rest with varying positions. No matter what size they are, they will be protected by the comfortable fabrics, plush padding, and extendable canopy. Other awesome features include a child’s tray, parent tray, removable child armrests, and multiple storage options.
This best stroller for newborn combines the max amount of convenience and comfort features with ultralight portability – Excellent for birth through early childhood.
- Ten different riding positions
- Convertible 3 or 5 point harness
- Front locking swivel wheels
- Bulky when folded
- Wheels prone to squeaking
- Includes the Graco Snug Ride Snug Lock 35 Infant Car Seat, rear facing for infants from 4 35 pound and up to 32 inches
- 3 strollers in 1 with 10 riding options from infant to toddler: 1. Infant Car Seat Carrier 2. Infant Stroller 3; Toddler Stroller
- Infant car seat: Seat attaches directly to the stroller frame for lightweight portability and can face you or the world for added flexibility
#8 BRITAX B-Lively Lightweight Stroller
This sleek black stroller attaches with one snap to the Britax infant car seat, thanks to the attached adapters.
Moving your baby from the car to the stroller has never been easier. Once they’re ready to ride like a big kid, they will be happy as a clam in the child seat. It has comfy padding, an infinite one-handed recline, and an extra-deep canopy. Parents will adore the back-saving adjustable handlebar. The huge lower storage basket fits all of your necessities.
When not in use, swiftly fold up the stroller and you are ready-to-go. It can even stand alone. The lightweight yet durable frame ensures a safe and smooth ride for either one or two infants.
- Linked parking brake system
- Self-standing fold
- Infinite seat recline
- Lower basket hard to access
- No bassinet attachment available
- All new side by side double stroller with infant car seat compatibility, self-standing enhanced storage, adjustable handlebar and improved features
- Travel system ready: Compatible with 1 Britax or bob infant car seat (adapter sold separately)
- Lightweight stroller with all wheel suspension, linked parking brake, and self-standing quick fold
#9 Bugaboo Fox Stroller
The Bugaboo Fox Stroller is for parents who want only the best when it comes to strollers for their newborn baby.
This luxurious model is compatible with the Bugaboo infant car seat without the use of adapters. You never have to worry about misplacing those precious adapters ever again. Other available adapters attach a wide variety of car seats from other brands.
If you want to stroll with your baby out of the car seat, use the bassinet. This plush cocoon is soft, comfortable, and can be almost entirely enclosed to keep your baby safe. Even the child seat is ergonomically designed, keeping children of all ages safely supported.
All-terrain wheels and oversized durable tires enable you to go almost anywhere. The rain canopy and sunshade mean you can travel no matter the weather.
This stroller is already gorgeous but you can even change the seat fabric, wheel covers, and handlebar grips to suit your tastes – Truly a high-end stroller experience.
- No adapters needed to attach the car seat
- Rigorously tested
- Ultimate in child comfort
- Separate adapters needed for car seat models other than Bugaboo
- Seamless Maneuverability: For a smoother, more comfortable ride for both parent and baby, the Fox Complete full-size stroller features durable all-terrain wheels and advanced suspension! The plush ergonomic seat cradles your baby and sits them higher up for easy parent-bonding and interaction.
- Intuitive, One-Piece Fold: Tired of fumbling with awkward strollers? So were we! The Fox Complete easy-fold stroller effortlessly collapses into one piece and has a self-standing option, so it’s easy to move and store.
- Car Seat Compatible: The Bugaboo Fox is compatible with the Bugaboo Turtle Infant Car Seat without the use of adapters. When used with separate adapters, it is compatible with top car seat brands including Maxi Cosi, Chico, Clek, Nuna, Peg Perego, Britax and Cybex. Perfect for parents on the go, our infant to toddler stroller accommodates newborns and babies up to 48.5lbs!
#10 Cynebaby Compact Pram Stroller
The Cynebaby Compact Pram Stroller does it all when it comes to newborns. Attach the car seat effortlessly, or use the bassinet to accommodate your little one.
The large bassinet is reversible and nearly enclosed. Inside it provides a comfortable place for your baby to stretch out while the exterior fabrics keep them cool protected.
The child seat is reversible as well. It can recline or sit nearly upright. It’s intuitive design gently cradles your child. All the fabrics are UV and water-resistant, perfect for walks outside.
The comfort features are expansive. There is a child’s tray, a handlebar, a cup holder, and even a bug net.
Parents will adore the multi-position handlebar that suits all heights. They will also fawn over the unique fold that lets the stroller fold flat and then be rolled along behind you.
This stroller is perfect for the parent who wants a little bit of everything!
- Multiple accessories
- Can use a car seat, bassinet, or child seat
- Lightweight frame
- Wheels don’t lock
- Harness straps loosen on their own
- ✅SPECIAL AND UNIQUE DESIGN.👍 Ergonomic design, great for infant and toddler baby. Sliver appearance looks very elegant and luxury; Anti-shock design, the springs in front wheels absorb shocks to protect baby’s brain and body. All terrain pram stroller. Easy ride on all roads; Flexible design, front wheels either 360°rotate or be locked at a precise position.
- ✅FRIENDLY AND COMFY MATERIALS.👍 Eco-friendly linen fabrics are not easily torn or punctured. So infant newborn baby sleeps well in the bassinet stroller. Lightweight anti-rust aluminium alloy stroller frame is durable and feels smooth. Adopt original nat-rubber and first class PA plastic.
- ✅SUPER SAFE AND HEAVY-DUTY.👍 Pass baby stroller’s ASTM F833 safety standard test. Strictly control the dangerous cracks in the baby carriage to avoid hidden accidental pinch. 5 point safety harness keep baby from sliding out of the bassinet. Adopt 12-inch ax-shaped rear rubber wheels, wearable and more durable than EVA/foam wheel, long-term use.
#11 UPPABaby Vista V2 Stroller
The UPPABaby Vista V2 Stroller has many of the same features as other infant strollers. It can be used with a car seat, the bassinet, or the child seat.
However, it is the little things that set this model apart, such as the spring-action all-wheel suspension used with the softer tires which give a supremely smooth ride. Mesh panels on the canopy provide superior airflow. The canopy also has a zip-out accessory for even more shade. The huge lower basket has both front and rear access.
Other intuitive offerings include small details on the child seat. Like a higher back and a deeper seat to accommodate growing children. The five-point harness adjusts in a singular motion, allowing you to get the best fit for your baby.
This is one best stroller for newborn baby in which the manufacturer really thought of everything.
- One-handed detach feature on the bassinet
- Self-standing fold
- Optional rumble seat or standing board for a second child rider
- Bulky when folded
- No child tray
- Enjoy a softer ride pushing one child (or three!) over any ground surface thanks to a new spring-action all-wheel suspension and slightly softer tires.
- Extended canopies on the toddler seat and RumbleSeat accessory include zip out fabric that provide even more shade from the sun. Mesh panels also make it easy to peek in while adding airflow.
- A higher back and deeper foot rest on the toddler seat provide added comfort for growing children
#12 Summer Infant Myria Modular Travel System
Finally, we have the Summer Infant Myria Modular Travel System. This cute little travel system has everything you need and nothing you don’t!
Six modes of use allow your baby to view either the world, or you when using the bassinet, child seat, or car seat. The extendable canopy enables you to give your child just the right amount of shade.
A headache-free one-handed fold makes getting the stroller in and out of your trunk a breeze. When you are ready to store it, it can stand on its own.
The child seat bumper bar includes a convenient snack tray and cup holder. Parents get a cup holder too! This intuitive travel system will quickly become your go-to.
- Six modes of travel
- Reclining child seat
- Bumper bar with a child tray and cup holder
- The child seat isn’t plush
- No parent tray
If you are a fan of Summer Infant models, consider reading our thoughts on Summer Infant 3DLite Convenience Stroller Review.
- CONVENIENT TRAVEL SYSTEM: The Summer Myria Modular travel system includes the Affirm 335 Rear-Facing Infant Car Seat, Affirm Steeloc Base, and Myria Modular Stroller.
- MULTI-FUNCTIONAL STROLLER: The Myria Stroller has 6 modes of use providing reversible seating option for infant car seat (3-35 pounds), carriage mode (birth to approx. 6 months), and toddler seat (approx. 6 months and up to 50 pounds).
- CAR SEAT FEATURES: Designed to fit babies 3-35 pounds, 15-32”; added levels of SureShield protection; FloatCarry handle & lightweight seat (under 8 lbs) designed to minimize strain; integrated anti-rebound handle for added protection; adjustable canopy.
It is clear that you have many options when it comes to a newborn stroller. So which one is the right choice?
Our top pick is the UPPABaby Vista V2 Stroller. Despite being pricier than most models, it has a great number of features that make up for its worth.
It can be used from birth through childhood and is assured to keep your little one safe and comfortable the entire time! After all, safety and comfort are often the two top priorities when hunting for a newborn stroller.
Do you have a favorite among the best stroller for newborn baby picks we have listed above? Share with us, and tell the rest about our article if you find the list useful!
Last update on 2020-12-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API