Have you ever found yourself struggling to stroll through the busy streets of New York City with a bulky and cumbersome stroller?
Almost all of us first-time parents have experienced that. Whether you’re an active parent looking for the best stroller for New York City that’s highly maneuverable, or an urban commuter looking for an easy-folding stroller, we’ve got you covered!
Here are our latest 10 best strollers for New York City, with all the best recommendations to suit your lifestyle, needs, and budget.
- Uppababy Vista V2 Stroller – Best Overall
- Baby Jogger City Mini GT2 – Best for Active Parents
- Babyzen Yoyo2 Stroller – Best for Travel
- Cybex Balios S Lux Stroller – Best Stylish
- gb Pockit+ All City Stroller – Best Lightweight
- BOB Rambler Jogging Stroller – Best Jogging Stroller
- Bugaboo Bee 6 Stroller – Best Maneuverability
- Graco FastAction Fold Jogger Travel System – Most Affordable
- Baby Jogger City Select Stroller – Best Value
- Uppababy Cruz V2 Stroller – Best Luxury Stroller
10 Best Strollers in NYC for City Living
Uppababy Vista V2 Stroller – Best Overall
If you’re open to spending more, this Uppababy Vista V2 Stroller is the best stroller for New York City for a growing family. With more than a dozen configurations, this stroller can be used for up to three children at once by adding a second stroller seat to turn it into a double stroller and a glider board to take your second and third child all at once.
Other combinations include two-forward and parent-facing seats, two infant car seats, two bassinets, and a specialized toddler seat.
Designed for ease of use, this stroller offers easy one-step folding and stands on its own, so you can easily enter and exit an elevator or subway. At the same time, the robust all-wheel suspensions and soft tires make for a convenient stroll across New York’s bumpy sidewalks.
The extra-large canopy is also easy to adjust, with a zippered extension and a peek-a-boo window for all-weather comfort.
Overall, this is the best stroller for NYC for a large family to navigate the city easily, and there’s plenty of storage space and some internal pockets, too. It’s expensive, but it’s definitely not a deal breaker when you can take all your three children for the ride.
- Plenty of configuration options
- Can carry up to three children
- Easy to fold
- All-wheel suspension and soft tires
- Extra-large canopy
- Bulky when folded
- Enjoy a softer ride pushing one child (or three!) over any ground surface thanks to a new spring-action all-wheel suspension and slightly softer tires.
- Extended canopies on the Toddler Seat and RumbleSeat accessory include zip out fabric that provide even more shade from the sun. Mesh panels also make it easy to peek in while adding airflow.
- A higher back and deeper leg rest on the Toddler Seat provide added comfort for growing children
Baby Jogger City Mini GT2 – Best for Active Parents
This Baby Jogger City Mini GT2 has a few things going that make it an ideal choice for active parents.
Its forever-air rubber tires and all-wheel suspension provides smooth rides across all terrain, while the adjustable handlebar and a hand-operated parking brake make for a quick adjustment. Moreover, the large UV 50+ canopy also allows your little one to see the world while you’re jogging around the park.
Despite its budget-friendly price, this stroller offers decent configurations. It supports a near-flat seat recline for babies, an adjustable calf support for a growing toddler, and has a car seat adapter included in the package.
Other usable accessories, which are sold separately, include a pram, glider board, parent console, and child tray.
At 21.4 lbs, it is lightweight enough for a baby stroller New York. Our only complaint is that the storage basket is quite small and can only take some of your child’s essentials. It also doesn’t self-stand when folded and may need to be laid against the wall.
- Good for various terrain
- Adjustable handlebar
- Hand-operated parking brake
- A car seat adapter included
- Small storage basket
- Doesn’t self stand
- Forever air rubber tires with all-wheel suspension provide a comfortable stroll on any terrain
- Adjustable handlebar and hand-operated parking brake provide comfortable steering and control, all within arm's reach
- Customize your ride for 4 different modes of use with accessories like the infant car seat, pram, glider board, parent console, child tray, and more (sold separately)
Babyzen Yoyo2 Stroller – Best for Travel
The Babyzen Yoyo2 Stroller is one of the best lightweight strollers for New York City.
Weighing at only 13.6 lbs, it is compact enough when folded to fit most carry-on size airline requirements and even easy enough to carry on your shoulder. Yet it can hold up to 48.5 lbs. It’s a great choice for commuting and traveling, as well as for parents who live in a small apartment.
Related: Best Strollers for Walk-Up Apartments
What we love about this Babyzeen Yoyo2 Stroller is despite its compact size, it offers plenty of functionality like most bulkier strollers do. That includes an all-in-one frame that’s convertible from newborn to toddlers, improved suspension on all four wheels, and extra-large storage to carry plenty of items.
Furthermore, the included toddler’s 6+ Color Pack also has a padded seat cushion, matching canopy, and a zippered back pocket. Being a popular choice for the best stroller for NYC, this stroller can be easily steered using one hand to navigate through busy streets and crowded sidewalks.
However, keep in mind that its small wheels make it feel bumpy on uneven surfaces. And although the brand claims you can fold it using one hand, we found it to be tricky to fold and would take some time to get used to.
- Lightweight and compact
- Meet most airline carry-on size
- Convertible from newborn to toddler
- Four wheel suspension
- Large storage basket
- Small wheels do not suit uneven terrain
- Tricky to fold at first
- EASY TO USE - BABYZEN YOYO2 is one of the most lightweight, compact, full-feature strollers available. Designed for every situation, every day, you can steer with one hand, carry it on your shoulder & store essentials in the zippered back pocket.
- TAKE IT EVERYWHERE - It's never been easier to meet up with friends, catch a cab, or hop onto the subway. The YOYO2 not only folds & unfolds with one hand, it’s so compact that you can store it in the overhead bin of a plane.
- GROWS WITH YOUR CHILD - Now you only need one stroller! Our all-in-one frame accommodates your growing child, from newborn to toddler (up to 48.5 lbs), with a comfortable seat cushion, a reclining backrest & a secure 5-point harness.
Cybex Balios S Lux Stroller – Best Stylish
If aesthetics is just as important as practicality, you may want to consider this Cybex Balios S Lux Stroller. It’s designed with an anodized silver frame, premium fabrics, and a sleek leatherette matte handlebar and bumper bar, making it the best NYC stroller in terms of stylish design.
Plus, it’s also available in 5 different colors to suit everyone’s needs.
Made to grow with your child, this stroller offers a flat reclining position you can use for newborns and a seat that is usable from 6 months until four years. This seat features a forward and parent-facing mode, a one-hand adjustable reclining with memory buttons, a bottle holder, a rain cover, and a car seat adapter.
Despite all these advanced features, this stroller comes at a mid-range price, thus making it a good value for money. It’s also convertible to using a carrycot and baby car seat, but these accessories need to be purchased separately.
- Stylish design
- Convertible from newborn to toddler years
- Hand-adjustable reclining
- Good value for money
- Small shopping basket
- Carrycot and baby car seat sold separately
- Lux Baby Stroller: Elegance meets function in the Balios S Lux, with premium fabrics, a leatherette handlebar and bumper bar, and anodized silver frame. The sun canopy offers a mesh window and UPF 50+ rating and a spacious basket holds everything.
- Adjustable Stroller: The seat can be forward-facing or parent-facing and independent back and leg adjustments make it fully customizable for your child up to 55 lbs. A telescopic handlebar can be adjusted for all heights with the push of a button.
- Customized Comfort: Adjust your child’s position on the go with the one-hand multi-position recline, including a near-flat position. When it’s time to go, simply use the one-handed fold feature to easily store your stroller in most trunks.
gb Pockit+ All City Stroller – Best Lightweight
Despite not being an umbrella stroller, this gb Pockit+ all city stroller is super lightweight, weighing only 13.2 lbs. With only two steps, it folds into a compact handbag shape in seconds, stashes easily into the overhead bin on most airlines, and is perfect for small space living. It also has a maximum 48.5 lbs weight load.
At an affordable price, this lightweight stroller has the largest canopy size in its price range and has UPF50+ sun protection. The adjustable backrest also offers multiple reclining positions, and a baby car seat adapter is included to convert it into a travel system.
Keep in mind that this lightweight stroller cannot recline flat; thus, it’s not suitable for a newborn. While the front-wheel suspension is great for most New York sidewalks, it’s not suitable for rough terrain. We like that the storage basket is large, but unfortunately, it only has an 11 lbs weight limit.
- Super lightweight
- Compact when folded
- Extra large canopy with UPF50+ layer
- Easy to do/undo seat harness
- Good value for money
- Only front wheel suspension
- Small shopping basket size
- No cup holder
- The Pockit+ All City folds up into a compact, handbag shaped package in seconds and is airplane carry-on compliant
- Travel system ready with any CYBEX infant car seat using the included adapters
- Spacious shopping basket to store away your belongings (11 lb. capacity)
BOB Rambler Jogging Stroller – Best Jogging Stroller
When it comes to choosing the best jogging stroller for NYC, suspension and maneuverability matter the most. Plus, you may also want to make sure your stroller can stand the rigors of bumpy terrains.
Fortunately, this BOB Rambler jogging stroller checked all the boxes and is also packed with a clever design that makes it easy to use. It has large air-filled tires with a swivel wheel at the front and a mountain bike-style suspension for an ultra-smooth ride on any terrain.
Although it’s not the most lightweight option for a jogging stroller (25 lbs), it’s a durable stroller with great build quality and an amazingly durable aluminum frame. Moreover, it’s also padded for comfort and has a large UPF 50+ canopy that allows your child to see the surroundings.
For ease of use, it uses a one-hand recline adjustment and height-adjustment five-point harness without being rethreaded. Unfortunately, there’s no bottle holder for your water bottle, so you’ll need to buy one separately.
- Good suspension and maneuverability
- Large UPF 50+ canopy
- Easy reclining and five-point harness adjustment
- Slightly on the heavier side
- No cup holder
- Only forward-facing
- Smooth ride: Suspension system provides an ultra-smooth ride; Compact, air-filled tires save on trunk space
- Perfect Fit: No-rethread harness design for easy height adjustments as your child grows
- Extra space: Large lowboy cargo basket for spacious storage underneath the stroller seat
Bugaboo Bee 6 Stroller – Best Maneuverability
Although slightly on the pricier side, the Bugaboo Bee 6 Stroller offers a lot of functionality and comfort in its lightweight form. At only 20.7 lbs, it has large 7-inch wheels and suspension with a damping mechanism to provide extra shock absorption, making it a smooth ride for all terrain.
That’s not to mention there’s also an extendable handlebar that you can freely adjust to make it more suitable to your height. As for comfort, it has a reversible seat, breathable mesh fabric, and extra ventilation in the back for a cooler ride. It’s also easy to fold and self-stands.
The car seats adapter, which is included in the package, is also suitable with many other brands.
With such good maneuverability, advanced features, and a stylish design that lets you stand in the crowd, the Bugaboo Bee 6 Stroller is the best stroller for NYC for maneuverability right now.
- Suspension with damping mechanism
- Extendable handlebar
- Good suspension and maneuverability
- Comfortable seat for baby
- Most accessories are sold separately
- Compact Design: Easy to handle while out and about in the city
- True Comfort: Provides extra ventilation and breeziness with updated performance seat fabric and peekaboo breezy sun canopy
- Easy to Drive: Thanks to bigger than average wheels measuring at 7-inches
Graco FastAction Fold Jogger Travel System – Most Affordable
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly stroller for New York City, whether it’s for running errands or city strolling, this Graco FastAction is worth considering.
At under a $300 price tag, it has lockable front swivel wheels and, although there’s no suspension system, the air-filled rubber tires offer a natural suspension capability, making it smooth to ride on most city terrains.
Active parents will also appreciate features such as a smartphone holder, 2 cup holders, and extra-large bottom storage for child and parent essentials. And, as its name suggests, Graco FastAction is a travel system with a SnugRide 35 infant car seat included in the package.
- Affordable price
- Infant car seat included
- Lockable front swivel wheel
- Plenty of storage
- Bulky when folded
- Super heavy at 38 lbs
- Includes the Graco SnugRide 35 Infant Car Seat, rear facing for infants from 4 35 pound and up to 32"
- One second, one hand fold provides the Ultimate in convenience for moms on the go
- Air filled rubber tires offer suspension for a smooth ride on any terrain
Baby Jogger City Select Stroller – Best Value
The Baby Jogger City Select Stroller is a good, slightly cheaper option than Uppababy Vista V2 if you’re looking for a versatile convertible stroller.
Offering up to 24 configurations, it converts from a single to double stroller with a second seat while also folding into a more compact form than Vista V2. It also accommodates up to three children using a glider board.
Equipped with 12” forever-air rear and 8” dual front swivel wheels, this double stroller is easier to maneuver in thigh spaces and crowded sidewalks than the larger wheels of the Vista V2. We also like that the sun canopy’s height can be adjusted up to around 4 inches to suit different children’s heights.
Sure, with a less expensive price, it has some drawbacks compared to the more premium Vista V2. It only has front wheel suspension, smaller wheels, and less maximum weight capacity. But considering its price, it’s still one of the best versatile double strollers for New York City right now.
- Cheaper for its quality
- Easier to navigate
- Up to 24 configurations
- Height-adjustable canopy
- Only front wheel suspension
- Can only be folded in half
No products found.
Uppababy Cruz V2 Stroller – Best Luxury Stroller
If you’re looking for the best luxury stroller for NYC, this Uppababy Cruz V2 Stroller is one of your best options.
For starters, this premium stroller is both stylish and sturdy, featuring 100% full-grain leather accents and a robust frame made from a combination of aluminum with magnesium for optimal lightweight. You’ve also got a new adjustable rear suspension and a cool wheel lock with a visual lock indicator.
This Uppababy Cruz V2 Stroller is more than just about looks. It has a pretty big seat with an increased back height, leg rest, and deeper footrest, so it doesn’t feel cramped, especially for a long ride. The large canopy is also super functional, allowing for maximum sun protection.
Everything is easy to adjust with a touch of a button, including the telescopic handlebar, seat recline, and one-hand release bumper bar, while the compatible MESA car seat can be directly attached without an adapter needed.
It also allows multiple seat configurations, including forwards, backward, completely upright, reclined, and anywhere in between. However, at 35 lbs, it’s probably the heaviest stroller on this list.
- Full of advanced features
- Improved suspension system
- Full-sized canopy
- Stylish design with leather accents
- Suitable for children from 3 months to 50 pounds
- Dual Action Rear Suspension (patent-pending) is designed with two varying springs that respond in unison to soften the ride no matter the child’s weight.
- Smaller folded size makes it easier to carry, tuck away or take up less trunk space
Comparing The Best NYC Strollers
gb Pockit+ All City Stroller
gb Pockit+ All City Stroller
How To Choose the Best Stroller For NYC
More than just lightweight and easy to move around, choosing the best strollers NYC depends on your lifestyle and needs. Whether you’re a busy commuter or live in a tight living space, here are some things you need to consider:
Maneuverability is one of the most important things to consider when choosing a baby stroller New York. Your stroller has to be easy to steer, turn and stroll through busy streets, crowded sidewalks, and thigh spaces.
However, if you’re an active parent that loves to jog with your little one, you may want to get a stroller with large wheels and good suspension to manage through bumpy and uneven terrains easily. A front swivel system is also essential for stability.
Foldability & Storage
If you live in the city, an easy-to-fold and compact stroller is a must. You’ll need to navigate through public transportation, small elevators, or narrow doorways, thus you’ll need something that you can easily fold in just one or two steps.
On top of that, also consider the size of your living space and how easily the stroller can be stored.
Whether you’re planning for the next child or already have multiple kids, you will be more likely to get a convertible stroller. It’s the type of stroller that can be both single and double strollers – some can even take up to three children at once!
When looking for the best stroller NYC, opting for the one with an ample storage basket is a must, because you’ll need to do a lot of errands while carrying your baby. You may also want additional space to carry your shopping items or personal needs, such as water bottles and snacks.
Travel System Compatibility
Check out the travel system compatibility when choosing the best stroller for city living, whether it’s single or double.
With pre-attached car seat adapters for the car seats or bassinets, it’ll be easier to transfer your baby from the car to the stroller without disturbing their sleep. In fact, some strollers do not come with adapters, so you’ll need to buy them separately.
There are plenty of contenders for the best stroller for NYC, and it can depend on your lifestyle and needs. If you’re a growing family, we highly recommend the overall best Uppababy Vista V2, thanks to its unlimited convertibility and robust suspension to carry more than one child with ease.
Leave a comment below if you have a question or simply want to share your experience!
Last update on 2023-06-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API