Are you on the hunt for a new set of wheels that can grow with your little one? That’s when a tricycle stroller comes in handy.
Toddlers love to move around, and a tricycle is a fun way to stimulate their motor, physical and cognitive skills. However, with so many options available in the market, it can be overwhelming to find the best stroller that can also be used as a trike. But don’t worry. We’ve got you covered!
In this article, we’ll be sharing our top picks for the best stroller tricycles, so your kids can hop on, go on a ride, and have hours of fun.
- Best Tricycle Stroller – 6 Top Picks
- What Type of Tricycle is Best?
- Buyer’s Guide
A balance bike is a great way for kids to learn balancing. However, they usually have age ratings that start at 18 months old. The stroller trikes can be used independently by children as small as 1-year-old.
There are various options available in the market, but we have categorized our 6 best picks so you can make an informed buying decision.
Firstly, we have Schwinn Roadster Tricycle, a wonderful trike with a retro style. The classic design and high-quality steel frame provide excellent stability and durability. With a low center of gravity and an adjustable handlebar, Roadster makes it easy for young kiddos to balance and steer confidently.
With large rubber tires, your child can experience a calm and smooth ride compared to other plastic low-riders. This low-rider style trike features classic touches like mustache-shaped cruiser bars, a loud bike bell, and flowing tassels that will definitely turn heads wherever your little tot goes in the neighborhood.
The recommended age for a Schwinn roadster trike is 2- 4 years. However, due to its easy handling, it is the best tricycle for 2 year olds ready to go off independently.
- Adjustable comfy, curved seat
- Comfortable ride
- Chrome fenders
- Easy assembly
- Pedals take a bit more effort
- No brakes
- Vintage-inspired design and a sturdy tricycle steel frame, this bike features a low center of gravity, ensuring effortless riding and perfect for young riders, recommended for children ages 2 to 4 years old
- Adjustable sculpted seat that can be moved in both forward and backward with five lock-in positions, this trike is ideal for growing legs or accommodating different family members
- The rear deck is made of genuine wood with burnt in Schwinn logo, while the scalloped chrome fenders provide a fashionable ride
Radio Flyer Deluxe Steer & Stroll Ride-On Trike is one of the best tricycles for toddlers as it offers two ways to ride. The unique design allows the parents to push and navigate with the adjustable push bar for young kids. And when the kid is ready to stroll on their own with the pedals, this push handle can be removed to operate it in bike mode for older kids.
With a durable steel frame, this best push tricycle is pretty lightweight. Moreover, the padded high seat back is adjustable and grows with your little one. The molded wheels are designed for bumpy terrains.
Radio Flyer tricycle for toddlers has a covered storage compartment. Hence, your little tot can carry their toys and favorite goodies on the stroll. Moreover, the little bell will make the ride annoying for parents but an incredibly fun factor for the children.
- Removable steering handle
- Sturdy materials
- Less costly
- Easy to assemble
- No brakes
- No sunshade
- 2 TRIKES IN 1: Your child can rest their feet on the pedals as you push and the pedals will become footrests for Steer & Stroll mode. Remove the push handle and let your child pedal for tricycle mode.
- ADJUSTABLE SEAT: The seat adjusts to three different settings, ensuring years of fun as the trike grows with your child
- STORAGE: Equipped with a covered rear storage bin, your toddler can bring their favorite toys on every adventure!
The SmarTrike Folding Stroller Trike STR5 is an innovative stroller trike. The 6-in-1 stroll ‘n trike design provides a fun ride to kids between 9 months and 3 years of age. This 3-wheel stroller is a great investment for parents as it can be used as a stroller for younger kids and transition from a baby tricycle to a balance bike and eventually to an independent kid tricycle.
With these amazing features, you can decide who regulates the toddler trike. The parent push bar makes maneuvering easier, and once your kid has enough confidence, they can handle the bike themselves. Moreover, child pedaling helps strengthen their coordination skills.
This toddler tricycle with handle is lightweight, sturdy, and foldable. With the extra-padded reclining seat, the kids can sit up and enjoy themselves or take a nap comfortably on the go. Moreover, the handlebar has a comfortable foam grip. The additional footrest and extendable canopy are provided for optimal comfort.
- Touch steering technology
- Easy storage area
- Adjustable seat and handlebar
- Tool-free easy assembly
- Easily switches between parent and child control
- Wheels need to be removed for folding
- Smooth ride -The STR 5 6-in-1 Stroller Trike is the perfect solution for anyone looking for convenience, comfort, and fun for both parent and child! Equipped with patented touch steering technology along with a unique shock-absorbing mechanism, the STR5 ensures a safe and smooth ride across any terrain.
- Safety first - Ensure your child's safety while on the go with the STR 5 6-in-1 Stroller Trike. Featuring a secure 5-point harness, Stroller certification, advanced brake system, and safety bar, you can rest assured your little one will be safe and comfortable during every ride.
- Grows with your child - The STR5 is fully adjustable with 6 different stages designed to perfectly fit your child as they grow. No need to buy another stroller when your child gets bigger - the STR5 will do the trick making it the perfect investment for lasting use.
If you want a grow-with-me tricycle, check out Doona Liki Trike S3. This sleek stroller trike is lightweight that simply folds and unfolds at the click of a button. Moreover, the fold is so compact that it can easily fit in the boot of your car or airplane overhead bin making it an awesome choice for traveling.
Donna Liki S3 is best suited for ages between 10-36 months. You can use this toddler trike for several years as it converts between four modes as the toddler grows. You can fully regulate in the “Parent” or “Push” mode.
When the baby reaches 24 months, this smart trike can transform into the “toddler tricycle” mode. And once you feel that your little kiddo is confident enough to steer and pedal, you can easily convert this trike stroller into “bike” mode for older kids.
It is made of high-quality, durable materials. Your child can comfortably ride with a non-inflatable large front wheel, and two smaller rear tires at the back. Moreover, additional safety features include a padded backrest, a safety belt, a belly bar, and pedals straps. All of these make the Doona tricycle a good value for money.
- Comes fully assembled
- Dual steering system
- Easy to carry and store
- UV protected shade
- Covered storage bin
- Seat doesn’t recline
- Limited terrain
- Not suitable for heavy children
- Doona Liki Trike S3 - The Doona Liki Trike is easy to navigate by parents and children with its dual steering system. Children develop confidence and balance as they grow.
- Foldable Trike for Toddlers - The smallest portable folding trike on the market, the Doona Liki Trike S3 folds to 12.5 x 23.6 x 9.1 inches so it can be taken anywhere!
- Convertible Tricycle for Toddlers - A toddler bike that grows with your child. From a stroller, to a push tricycle, to a toddler tricycle. This folding trike provides maximum functionality and many happy moments for your growing child.
The Joovy Tricycoo LX is a premium but pocket-friendly toddler trike in fun colors. This 8-in-1 stroll ‘n trike transforms into different stages as your child grows. It can also accommodate heavy older toddlers and is suitable for a wide age range, i.e., from 6 months up to 5 years. From parent-facing mode to push bike and eventually converting to big kid bike mode, this is the best toddler tricycle with a push handle.
The super comfy ergonomic seat is rotating and fully reclining with a removable belt for protection. The soft padded seat and detachable footrests make the rides comfortable for little kids. Moreover, the adjustable seat can accommodate the growing legs of young kids.
With the free swivel non-slip pedals, easy-grip handlebars, and rear wheel brakes, you can fully control the adjustable parent push bar. It is not an all-terrain stroller, as the tires are not air-infused. However, Joovy’s three wheels are made up of EVA material. Hence it works well on hard surfaces and flat terrains.
- Lightweight frame
- Detachable safety bar
- Easy to assemble
- Limited terrain
- Not compact
- Doesn’t fold
- 8 ADJUSTABLE STAGES allows the Tricycoo LX toddler tricycle to adapt as your child grows
- STAGE 1 & 2: BABY TRIKE allows the seat on this tricycle stroller to recline in 3 positions, and to turn 180 degrees so your child can face you
- STAGE 3 & 4: BABY TRIKE for when those legs get a little longer, it’s time to use those flip-down footrest on this trike stroller for a little added support and unlock the pedals to ensure you have control of the pace
If you are looking for a high-end stroller that transitions into a tricycle, then Bentley 6-in-1 Kids Trike is one of the best toddler tricycles as it has superior construction and a luxury look.
You can maintain the total charge of this multi-functional stroller when the baby is small. When the kiddo reaches the stage where they can handle the steer, you can remove the parental restraints like padded backrest and safety belts and convert this stroller into a toddler tricycle.
This convertible stroller trike is well-designed to provide comfort to the little one. The fancy cross-stitched seat can rotate 180 degrees. With the parent-facing view, you can keep a check on the little baby while riding, while the toddler can enjoy the views in front-facing mode.
The Bentley features, like the cool chrome Bentley logo on the metal frame and the Continental GT replica wheels, make this stroller stylish and perfect for Bentley lovers. The tires are made of rubber and infused with air, which provides a stable and calm ride on uneven and rough terrains, unlike other trikes for toddlers.
Safety is never an issue with Bentley gears as it features anti-slip pedals, a five point harness, and a bumper bar to protect the child while riding. Moreover, the extra large canopy of 50 UPF waterproof fabric blocks harmful sun rays and rain.
- Fully padded backrest and the headrest
- Reclining seat
- Peek-a-boo window
- Storage bin on the handlebar for cellphone.
- Easy to assemble
- Not foldable
The best type of tricycle for toddlers largely depends on the child’s age and size and the parent’s budget. There are the following types of tricycles:
It is the traditional trike you used to ride in childhood, with two wheels at the back and one front wheel. The comfortable central seat and the simple pedals are helpful for the child to propel forward. Classic tricycles are timeless and a popular choice among many parents.
These are ideal for younger kids who are just learning to ride. With the push handles, the parents can have control of the ride and push the tricycle forward. However, toddlers can also learn pedaling with parental support. They are suitable for children between the ages of 1 and 3 years old.
Big wheel trikes for toddlers are low-riding plastic tricycles with a front wheel and two smaller rear wheels. Easier to maneuver on concrete, grass, and other rugged surfaces.
If you’re looking to buy a convertible tricycle, here are some factors you should consider before making your purchase:
Before buying, it is important to consider what age for tricycle is suitable. Choose a tricycle that is child’s age appropriate. You can also start with a small two-wheeler balance bike so the kid can master the balancing abilities. Then you can move to the regular bike.
However, if you intend to invest in gear that can be used for a long time, then convertible tricycles will be good option.
If your child will be cycling indoors, then the trike with simple plastic wheels will suffice. However, if you intend to take your little one outdoors in the park, or on rough paths, many tricycles come with rubber or foam tires, and they are suitable for such paths for a sturdy and comfortable ride.
Folding strollers make transportation easier. You can take the stroller with you in your car wherever you go. Most tricycles that can fold are compact and can fit in the car’s trunk.
If you have a single kid and want the best tricycle for him, there are numerous options for convertible kids tricycles. If you want to buy gear that can be used for multiple kids, then go for a double stroller tricycle.
Do you want to spend repeatedly on the child’s gear like a stroller, balance bike, and toddler bike? Investing in a versatile option that can grow with your child is always better. An all-in-1 stroller tricycle with different modes like parental push, pedal, trike, bike, etc., can be used with the same child over several developmental stages.
Look for various attributes like a protective belt, belly bar, retractable footrest, pedal straps, and parental control handle to prevent any mishaps.
Based on all the information we’ve found, Joovy Tricycoo LX is the best tricycle stroller due to the versatile 8-in-1 features it offers. It is a grow-with-me tricycle providing the child with a comfortable and fun experience. And if you are not short on budget and want to buy the best luxury stroller for your kid, then on the premium end, Bentley 6-in-1 Kids Trike has no comparison.
Which one is your favorite? Don’t forget to share your thoughts with us in the comment section to let us know what you think.
Last update on 2023-06-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API