Forget double the fun, what about triple the fun! Three kids mean three times the love. It also means three times the snacks, drinks, toys, and a great baby stroller large enough to haul everyone and everything around!
The best triple stroller can be a hard thing to come by. You have your wants, like comfort and convenience options, but you also have your needs, like easy-to-steer. If you need a 3 seat stroller then this guide is for you! We have put in the work to find parents’ favorite strollers, a line up of the best strollers for three with an in-depth look at each, with advantages and drawbacks.
Want the skinny? We love the Bumbleride Indie Twin Stroller, it’s a sporty double stroller with a riding board option, compact, and loaded with features. But this guide has other amazing options too, from a triplet travel system to a triple umbrella stroller. We hope that you’ll find the best option for you and your kiddos whether you have three babies, three big kids, or a combo of siblings!
- Our Best Triple Stroller Choices
- #1 Bumbleride Indie Twin Stroller – Best Overall
- #2 Foundations Triple Sport 3-Seat Folding Tandem Stroller – Best Jogger for 3 Kids
- #3 Peg Perego Triplette Piroet Stroller – Best Triple Travel System
- #4 Joovy Big Caboose Triplet Stroller – Best Sit and Stand for 3 Kids
- #5 WONDERFOLD W4 4 Seater Multi-Function Quad Stroller Wagon- Best Toddler Stroller for 3 Kids
- #6 Bugaboo Donkey3 Duo
- #7 UPPABaby Vista V2 Stroller
- #8 Valco Baby Duo X Double Stroller
- With Three Kids, Is a Stroller Even Optional?
- How To Find a Great Stroller For Three
- Three Doesn’t Have to Be a Crowd!
Finding for the ideal stroller choice among the different strollers for 3 kids doesn’t have to be a tough battle. These are some of the great picks we have come across that may fit your family of three little ones:
Foundations Triple Sport 3-Seat Folding Tandem Stroller
Foundations Triple Sport 3-Seat Folding Tandem Stroller
#1 Bumbleride Indie Twin Stroller – Best Overall
The Bumbleride Indie Twin Stroller with toddler board is a fantastic three-kid stroller. Its design puts most triplet jogging strollers to shame. Large, air-filled all-wheel suspension tires can swivel 360 or be locked in place when the terrain gets difficult. Its frame is sturdy but light and is a breeze to push.
Everything can be done with one hand or one movement. Such as the one-tap brakes that are flip-flop friendly, the one-hand recline, and the one-handed fold. It accepts infants without adapters, or older children can use the reclining child seats complete with adjustable footrests.
Storage? There is plenty. A huge cargo basket with a pocket for the included air pump, water bottle pockets, and the option to add a parent pack.
- Adjustable handle with safety strap
- Lots of storage
- Self-standing, one-handed fold
- Independent seats to tailor comfort options
- Oversized, bike tires
- No option to attach a third seat (only a standing board)
#2 Foundations Triple Sport 3-Seat Folding Tandem Stroller – Best Jogger for 3 Kids
Looking for a triple jogging stroller that navigates like a single stroller? The sporty Foundations Trio Sport Tandem Stroller may fit the bill, especially if you are a hardcore jogging fan with three young ones!
A triple jogger stroller isn’t easy to come by, but this stroller is light, streamlined, and perfect for outdoor activities. Three child seats are excellent for curious toddlers. The stadium-style seating gives everyone a view while a 5 point harness and canopy on each seat keeps them safe. This is definitely a contender for the best triplet stroller if you have older children.
Even though it may not be a triple running stroller in the traditional sense, the Foundations Trio Sport Tandem stroller is one of the most “sport” baby jogger models you find that includes comfort options and storage as well as the sleek feel of a jogger stroller.
- Stadium style seating
- Includes padded bumper bar with each seat
- Huge lower basket
- Removable parent cup holder
- Folds nearly flat
- Cannot attach infant seat
- Each child seat only holds up to 40 lbs
- Triple Stroller – Foundations Sport 3 Seat stroller comfortably accommodates three children in separate reclining seats. The perfect portable stroller solution for daycares and home use. Take your little ones on trips to the playground, park, zoo, amusement parks, and other outdoor activities in this three child stroller. Storage bucket under back seat of tandem stroller allows for access to quick snacks, blankets and other infant necessities during excursions
- Toddler Safety -- Each toddler seat is designed to keep your child safe with a 5 point black harness safety restraint system. The back of the walking stroller has a foot operated brake for rear wheels and easy stopping
- Sun Protection -- Each row of the triplet stroller has a UV blocking sun canopy to protect children while they ride. Child umbrella stroller canopies easily fold to collapse when not needed
#3 Peg Perego Triplette Piroet Stroller – Best Triple Travel System
Customize the Peg Perego Triplette Piroet Stroller with the chassis, pop-up seats, together with the Peg Perego Primo Viaggio car seats for the ultimate tailor-made triple baby stroller. The chassis is lightweight and sleek, it can hold multiple types of seats in a variety of configurations.
You can attach three car seats directly onto the frame, no adapters are required. Or, you can opt for adjustable child seats. It’s not only a great triple tandem stroller for toddlers close in age but also a triple infant stroller for babies. They’re ultra-comfortable with stroller seats with backrests that fully recline and can be reversed for ideal positioning.
Oversized wheels, outfitted with suspension and ball bearings make for a smooth ride for everyone on board. This three-seat stroller is the best triplet travel system.
- Lightweight, in-line frame
- Allows for multiple seat configurations
- Accepts infant seats without adapters
- Can be folded with seats attached
- Each seat can hold up to 50 lbs
- Each piece is sold individually
#4 Joovy Big Caboose Triplet Stroller – Best Sit and Stand for 3 Kids
Is there such a thing as a triple stroller with a car seat? Yes! Just look at the Joovy Big Caboose Triple Stroller. It can hold two car seats or two child seats. The standing board and bench rear seat let big brother or sister ride along on the big caboose too!
Need the best stroller for 3 kids of varying ages? It has you covered holding up to 125 lbs split between three children. The easy-to-clean fabrics are made of durable polyester and loaded with functionality. The seats recline fully, plus there are adjustable footrests and child trays.
If you have infant twins simply use the adapters to effortlessly attach the car seats to the big caboose. When it comes to triple strollers for an infant and toddler, this triplet stroller deserves a look.
- Each child seat includes a child tray
- The toddler can sit or stand
- Infant car seat adapters included
- Inline design is easy to fit through tight places
- Linked parking brake for ease and safety
- Hard to turn
- Bulky when folded if trays and canopies aren’t removed
- Two front seats accommodate children 6+ months and up to 40 lbs, or from birth+ with included universal car seat adapters
- Rear bench seat and standing platform accommodates a child from 2.5+ years and up to 45 lbs
- Great for twins, twins + toddler, triplets, or three young children, max weight 125 lbs.
#5 WONDERFOLD W4 4 Seater Multi-Function Quad Stroller Wagon- Best Toddler Stroller for 3 Kids
Maybe you don’t need a three baby stroller but you do want the best stroller for triplets who are older. Have you seen the WONDERFOLD W4 4 Seater Multi-Function Quad Stroller Wagon? It’s a wagon with plenty of space for three children and lots of cool features. A huge UV canopy, footrests, and face-to-face seats that can hold two children apiece!
If you’re a tall parent you will love the adjustable handle. You will also appreciate the fact that the handle lets you collapse and fold the wagon in one simple step. Heavy-duty wheels can handle rugged terrain while the one-touch toe-tap brake gives you peace of mind. This wagon was made for hiking, travel, you name it!
- Holds up to four children
- The large canopy provides complete coverage
- One-step fold
- Ball-bearing, suspension incorporated tires
- Seats can be removed to make it a utility wagon
- Ideal for kids 12 months and up (though it can accept 6-month-old babies)
- The nylon pull strap is flimsy and hard to use
- PERFECT COLLAPSIBLE WAGON – Folds easily and holds up to 4 passengers in removable seats, with five-point adjustable safety harnesses to keep the little ones secure
- HIGHLY VERSATILE WAGON STROLLER – Designed for kids 6+ months old and has a 99 pound weight capacity per bench (2 seats per bench) with a 300 pound total weight capacity. Once the kids are grown, the seats can be removed and it makes a perfect sports, camping, or beach wagon!
- EASY-ACCESS FRONT ZIPPER DOOR – Lets kids get in and out easily; it also makes storage a breeze
#6 Bugaboo Donkey3 Duo
The Bugaboo Donkey 3 Duo is a favorite of parents of siblings and will definitely appeal to those looking for a triple stroller. When you add a toddler wheeled board to the Bugaboo Donkey, it converts to a triple stroller side by side accommodating babies and older children.
The stroller itself accepts two car seats, two child seats, two bassinets, or a combination of the three. The toddler wheeled board adds a comfortable spot for your child to stand and ride. This lightweight triple stroller has two-wheel positions for an easier ride through difficult terrains, like beach sand. The suspension provides a comfortable ride for occupants.
As a compact triple stroller, the Bugaboo model can also fit through most doorways. We love that it is a single stroller that converts to a double structure great for twin babies and also a triple, winning it the title of one of the most versatile strollers for 3 children.
- Converts from single to double to triple
- Accepts infant car seats, bassinets, and child seats
- Fits through most standard doorways
- Ideal for sand and snow
- One-piece self-standing fold
- The third child has to stand (no third seat attachment)
- Limited storage options
#7 UPPABaby Vista V2 Stroller
When perusing 3 kid strollers you may not think UPPABaby, but think again. The UPPABaby Vista V2 Stroller can be paired with the MESA Infant Car Seat and the PiggyBack Ride-Along Board to make a luxury stroller for three kids!
Soft tires and spring-action suspension offer a smooth ride for all. The deep canopies provide excellent sun protection with a peek-a-boo window so you can check in on your child.
The child seat is very accommodating, with a sliding harness adjustment, a deep footrest, and a high seatback. The toddler rumble seat or piggyback board are equally as child-friendly. When the baby comes along you can simply pop on the car seat, no adapters are required. This stroller also made it into our best luxury stroller list.
- Very compact
- Easy to maneuver
- Child seat grows with your little one
- Can be converted from single to double to triple
- No adapters are required for attachments
- Tall parents may kick the riding board when walking
- One child must stand
- The VISTA’s intuitive design allows for multiple configurations, making transporting a second and third child a breeze — all while strolling like a single.
- Includes Bassinet and full size forward or parent-facing toddler seat with one-handed, multi-position recline. Performance travel system compatible with MESA Infant Car seat - direct attachment, no adapters necessary.
- Dimensions: Unfolded 36″ L x 25.7″ W x 39.5″ H | Folded with seat attached: 17.3″ L x 25.7″ W x 33.3″ H | Folded without seat attached: 13″ L x 25.7″ W x 32″ H
#8 Valco Baby Duo X Double Stroller
Don’t let the name fool you, the Valco Baby Duo X Double Stroller can easily become a triple seat stroller. With the addition of a toddler joey seat, your big kid can have a comfortable place to ride.
Triple decker strollers may look a little odd, but they’re super convenient. The child seats of the Valco Baby Tri Mode are equally as cozy, thanks to their adjustable footrest and full recline. Each seat has a five-point harness for security as well as a padded bumper bar.
A large storage basket fits gear for three children while an adjustable handlebar suits every parent’s size. This 3 seater stroller is ready to grow with you as your kids age and your family expands.
- Air-filled low profile all-terrain tires
- Light but durable frame
- Easily converts from double to triple
- Seats lay flat and sit fully upright
- Self-standing fold with automatic lock
- Joey seat may obstruct the view of child seats
- Won’t accept two infant seats at once
After going through our list, you may wonder if getting the best triple stroller is even necessary in the first place. The thing is, if you have triplets, then your hands are more than full. It is likely a huge feat getting everyone out the door and remembering to bring all of their baby gear.
If your children are young, they are likely in a car seat. It is certainly not practical to carry three car seats around. Even if they are walking age, chances are they may not want to walk everywhere all of the time.
And if one of them decides they want a ride it probably won’t be long until their siblings want a stroller ride too. This is why a triple stroller is a must-have rather than a luxury when you have triplets. It’s also a better choice than a double stroller plus single stroller, since that will mean twice the cost.
Maybe you don’t have triplets, but instead three siblings. Traveling with three kids of different ages is no easy task either. When visiting the zoo, the park, or even just going for a walk around the block, it is almost certain that one child (or maybe all three!) will want to go for a ride. Sometimes, you may simply want to keep your children close, and strollers for 3 are the most practical way to do that.
Depending on your family, you may need a triple stroller that can accommodate three car seats. You might want a triple stroller with three child seats.
Or, you could need a stroller that has a car seat, a child seat, and a sit and stand option.
But finding the right stroller goes beyond the seat types. There are a few other things you should consider when browsing through strollers for 3 little ones.
You already know how many seats you need for strollers for 3, and you’ve settled with the fact that the size will probably be large. Now, consider these other features.
Whether you have one, two, or three children safety is always a huge priority. We found that many strollers have moved from three-point harnesses to five-point harnesses, but you will still want to double-check all triple strollers for this feature.
Younger children and babies are safer in a five-point harness. Sun protection, via canopies, as well as inclement weather protection from wind or rain covers, are also important safety features to look for when searching for a triple stroller.
Your Children’s Ages.
An important question is do you have triplets or three siblings? If you have triplets or those close in age, you will want a stroller with three of the same type of seating options. For example, a stroller that will accept three infant car seats is ideal for a triple baby stroller for three babies.
If you have children of varying ages you can a stroller with three of the same seat types or you can opt for a versatile model like sit-and-stand or one with a joey toddler seat. You will find that your older child may ride less, so sometimes it makes sense to focus on baby features rather than the toddler seat features.
When it comes to pushing three kiddos around, balance and stability are essential. You can check that a triple stroller is balanced by looking at the wheels and weight distribution. Wider rubber wheels are usually better than thin plastic ones on a tandem triple stroller.
While sturdy frames that proportion the children’s weight over all the tires are ideal. The positioning of the storage basket may also affect stability. We find that storage baskets that are low to the ground help to prevent tipping. If the storage basket extends the width or length of the triple tandem stroller instead of being confined to one area, it can help disperse the weight more evenly for added stability.
It is also important to think about what you intend to use the stroller for before picking out a type. If you want to go jogging with it you will need a triple jogger. If you hope to use it for everyday strolls about the town you can likely get away with a standard model.
Keep in mind tandem strollers are better for busy sidewalks than a side by side triple. For families that want to travel over beach sand and campgrounds, an all-terrain stroller may be best.
Three babies or kids equal three times the stuff. Decent storage is a must for any stroller, including a triple stroller. Most only have a lower cargo basket, but if you can find one with storage pockets or cup holders it is a huge bonus!
Fitting your stroller into your trunk will be a task. And you can forget about carrying it with you on the bus or plane. Nevertheless, some strollers for 3 models are lighter and more compact than others. This is especially true with frame strollers.
If portability is important to you, look for a lightweight and streamlined stroller with a minimal number of features, like the Foundations Trio Sport.
Comfortable Handlebar & Other Special Features.
Your comfort is important too! After all, you will be the one pushing around three kids. Make sure that the handlebar is comfortable and durable as it is the steering wheel for big triple strollers.
Handlebars that adjust to different heights are great! If you can try out the stroller before you buy check that your feet don’t kick the back when you walk, especially if there is a standing platform.
Many triple strollers still have a handful of other comfort and convenience features though they may not be as abundant. Triple strollers are already quite bulky. Because of this, manufacturers usually pare down the extra options. Still, you can often find a stroller with a canopy, a reclining seat, and sometimes even children’s trays.
Triple strollers can come in many forms; strollers for 3 babies, strollers for 3 toddlers, or a combination of both! The best one depends on you and your family situation.
However, we love the Bumbleride Indie Twin Stroller with a toddler board attached. It is so versatile and has an abundance of features that keep everyone happy. It is so well designed that you won’t feel like you are pushing three kids!
We hope this article pointed you in the right direction on how to comfortably fit all your kiddos in a great stroller so you can get out and explore!
What do you think of our list of top triple strollers? If you enjoy reading our piece, do share it with friends and family!
Last update on 2022-11-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API