People love twins, and if you have or know twins, I bet you love them too! There is just something so fun about double the love, double the giggles, and double the cute matching outfits!
But if you have ever been out and about with twins, you know it can be double the trouble…especially if you don’t have a stroller for twins.
The best twin stroller can give your children a comfortable and safe spot to rest while freeing up your hands. Taking two babies out doesn’t have to mean twice the hassle!
The Value in a Great Twin Stroller
In short, a twin stroller is invaluable. You already have your hands full before you even leave the house. Heading out into busy sidewalks and bustling streets can be a momentous task even for those without twins. That’s why a good baby stroller comes in handy.
Is It Worth Buying A Double Stroller for Twins?
The answer is “YES!”. The right twin stroller can keep your children safe and secure during times when you don’t want them out of your sight. While winding your way through farmers’ markets, navigating an airport, or even just taking a brisk walk your stroller can keep your two kids within arm’s reach.
Related: Strollers for Walking
Additionally, kids won’t want to walk all of the time. It is just a fact of life! Being prepared with a cozy seat will eliminate the whining and make your journey much smoother. As a bonus, most strollers have great storage for your diaper bag, purse, even your cup of coffee.
Types of Twin Strollers
There are a few different types of twin double strollers. The two most common types are side-by-side and in-line strollers, which are known also as tandem strollers.
- Side-by-side – A side-by-side double stroller is a type of stroller in which the seats are positioned next to each other. This can be a double umbrella stroller, jogging model, or everyday double seat model. Side by side stroller models work well with two child seats or a child seat and infant seat combo, but they can get pretty wide and bulky if you have two car seats.
- In-line – A tandem stroller is sometimes referred to as in-line strollers. Having one child behind the other provides excellent stability and a good vantage point for both children. Generally, they will have multiple combinations and seating arrangements. For example, tandem double strollers are better for two infant seats than side by side stroller for doubles.
TRAVELING WITH TWO, IT CAN BE DONE!
Twelve Top Twin Strollers
#1 UPPABaby Vista V2
The UPPABaby Vista V2 is well-liked among parents and is one of the top twin strollers. While it starts as a single, it has two different options for adding additional seating.
You can either add the rumble seat, which is an additional child seat, and includes the features of the original seat. Such as forward-facing or parent-facing, a canopy, and recline. Or, you can use the piggyback ride-along board as an extra standing platform which allows another child to stand and ride along.
This stroller has a chic design, is easy to use, and has many great convenience features among the many great tandem strollers for twins. Like a large lower basket. It can be used as a travel system by attaching the bassinet or car seat. However, you cannot attach two car seats therefore, this stroller is ideal for twins older than 3 months.
- RumbleSeat or PiggyBack board attachments
- Travel system ready (with one infant car seat or bassinet)
- Self-standing fold
- Extra-large storage basket
- Chic appearance
- Cannot attach two car seats
- The seat must be removed for the most compact fold
- The VISTA’s intuitive design allows for multiple configurations, making transporting a second and third child a breeze — all while strolling like a single.
- Includes Bassinet and full size forward or parent-facing toddler seat with one-handed, multi-position recline. Performance travel system compatible with MESA Infant Car seat - direct attachment, no adapters necessary.
- Dimensions: Unfolded 36″ L x 25.7″ W x 39.5″ H | Folded with seat attached: 17.3″ L x 25.7″ W x 33.3″ H | Folded without seat attached: 13″ L x 25.7″ W x 32″ H
#2 Bugaboo Donkey 5 Duo
Bugaboo is known for its top-notch strollers and the Bugaboo Donkey 5 is no exception. This side-by-side model is extremely versatile. It can accommodate two bassinets, car seats, or child seats directly next to each other. Despite this, this highly-performing twin stroller is still smaller than you think and can easily fit through most doorways.
The oversized and sturdy wheels deliver an extra smooth ride, on any surface. The child seats are both spacious and comfortable. They can recline and sit perfectly upright. Each is covered by an extra deep canopy.
When it is time to store the stroller, you can choose from the convenient one-piece self-standing fold or the compact two-piece fold (perfect for small car trunks).
- A narrow side by side convertible stroller
- Can use two bassinets, car seats, or child seats with bench seat
- Two folding options (self-standing or compact)
- Height-adjustable handlebar
- Luxury double stroller that can convert to a single stroller with side luggage basket
- Small lower storage basket
No products found.
#3 Peg Perego Book for Two
The Peg Perego Book for Two is yet another great side by side twin stroller. It can accept one or two car seats, or for older child, you can use the child seats. Each seat is cozy, comfortable, and works independently. The canopies can be independently extended and each seat has separate recline. This is ideal for suiting each of your children’s individual preferences.
The seats also include adjustable leg support, extensive padding, and bumper bars. The large lower storage basket is excellent for holding baby gear such as two diaper bags. Smaller pockets can be used for your essentials, such as your phone.
Even though this stroller offers a lot, the ball bearing wheels and integrated suspension allows for extreme agility and effortless pushing.
- Toddler seats can be operated independently
- Seats include bumper bars
- Huge lower storage baskets
- Small storage pockets
- Extremely agile
- Only accepts Peg Perego car seats
- Limited color options
- Made In Italy
- Travel system with adapters, the Book for Two can accept either one or two Primo Viaggio 4/35 car seats.
- Very Large, practical and easy loading storage basket with smaller pockets included.
#4 Bumbleride All-Terrain Indie Twin
If you are searching for a double jogger stroller, check out the Bumbleride All-Terrain Indie Twin. This eye-catching stroller is great for jogging or casually strolling with your little ones. The lightweight aluminum frame and all-wheel suspension air-filled tires are excellent for keeping the ride perfectly smooth, even at high speeds.
The performance fabrics are sure to keep your children cool and comfortable while looking awesome! Add a bassinet or one car seat or two, each child seat has its own infant car seat adapters. Those that plan to run with the stroller will also love the adjustable TPR handle, parent wrist strap, and secure foot brake.
A huge basket, numerous storage pockets, and a quick-fold with auto-lock standing stow round out what this product has to offer.
- Can attach two bassinets or car seats
- Trigger release fold with auto-lock and standing stow
- Storage basket with multiple storage pockets
- Adjustable TPR handle, wrist strap, and foot brake
- Luxury stroller with a lightweight frame for running
- Child seats are short in height
- Car seats can be difficult to attach and remove
Bumbleride All-Terrain Indie Twin
- Adjustable handle with TPR grip (PVC free) with safety strap included.
- UPF 45+ canopies with pop-out extension for extra coverage + air vents
- Independent seats for customized comfort.
- One step hinged fold with ergonomic trigger release and auto-lock.
- One-handed backrest reclines.
#5 BOB Gear Revolution Flex 3.0 Duallie
Though the BOB Gear Revolution Flex 3.0 Duallie looks like a sleek running stroller only for older children, it can make a surprisingly good newborn twins stroller. That is because it can be used from birth to 50lbs. Each child seat can be outfitted with car seat adapters that accept most major car seat brands.
When your children are old enough to go for a run, they will love the deep child seats. Covered by a huge canopy and able to recline for a nap, they won’t mind tagging along. Parents will enjoy the adjustable handlebars and no-rethread harness that makes life so simple! Ten storage pockets and a cargo basket in addition to a cellphone pocket on the handlebar provide you with ample storage space for your stuff.
This another top stroller for twins that can hold up to 100 lbs so you can use it from birth through toddlerhood.
- Accepts most major car seat, models
- Each seat accommodates up to 50lbs
- Ten storage pockets with cargo basket and cellphone pockets
- Handlebar height is adjustable
- No-rethread child seat harnesses
- Only available in black
- Adapter sold separately
- Smooth ride: Suspension system & Air filled tires provide an ultra-smooth ride over any terrain
- Perfect Fit: Adjustable handlebar creates the perfect fit for parents of all heights; no-rethread harness design for easy height adjustments
- Extra space: 10 storage pockets and extra-large cargo basket provide plenty of room for your gear; includes a cell phone pocket handlebar
#6 Mountain Buggy Duet V3 Buggy
You may be surprised to learn that the Mountain Buggy Duet V3 Buggy falls under the side by side strollers for twins category but is the same width as a single stroller. This narrow model is ready to go whenever and wherever you are.
You can attach 2 car seats, two carrycots, or use the child seats that can lie completely flat. Even though the wheelbase is narrow, the seats are spacious and full-sized. They can hold children up to four years old. Outfitted with a bumper bar, a canopy, and leg support your little ones will be cozy and secure.
The handbrake system is a nice touch and allows you to control the speed of the stroller. The adjustable handlebar allows this stroller to easily transition from parent to parent.
- Accepts 2 car seats or bassinets
- Same width as a mono stroller
- Hand brake
- Modifiable handlebar height
- One-handed standing fold
- A single bumper bar across both seats
- Bulky when folded
- SAME WIDTH AS A SINGLE STROLLER - at just 25" the Mountain Buggy Duet is the same width as a single stroller and fits through all standard doorways
- NEWBORN READY - with dual, independent lie-flat seats, use of one or two car seats or the Mountain Buggy carry cot plus
- CONTROL HAND BRAKE - for walking, jogging and going up and down hills in any weather
#7 Kolcraft Cloud Plus Double Stroller
The Kolcraft Cloud Plus Double stroller is a wonderful, and arguably best lightweight double stroller. This product weighs only 23 pounds and is Disney size approved for being one of the lightest double strollers. Despite its low weight, it can hold up to 80 pounds, accommodating children aged 6 months through 48 months.
Each child seat has its own deep extendable canopy with a peek outside window. Each one also has leg support, a footrest, and a child tray with cupholders. That is a great number of features for a double!
Twin parents get a tray as well with two drink holders. Individual lower storage baskets keep each child’s belongings neat and organized. This stroller’s convenient self-standing fold and light weight make it ideal for travel.
Related: Double Stroller for Travel
- Inexpensive double stroller that is super lightweight
- Each child seat has a tray and a cup holder
- Parent organizer tray with cup holder
- Self-standing fold
- Separate lower storage baskets
- Does not accept car stroller seats
- Full sized double stroller that can only be used with children age 6 months and up
- Ultra Lightweight: Travel-friendly design (only 23 lbs) is perfect for traveling. The width fully assembled is 31 inches which allows this stroller to easily roll through most standard doorways
- Large Sun Canopy: Three-tier, extended canopy for maximum sun protection and coverage. A peek-a-boo window so you can easily check on your little one while on the go
- Reclining Seat: Reclining seat offers 5-point safety restraint system and accommodates child to 40 pounds per seat. (80 lbs total) Seat does not recline completely flat. Seat Width - 12.5 Inch
#8 Valco Baby Tri Mode Duo
Looking for a double stroller with car seat compatibility? Consider the Valco Baby Tri Mode Duo. With adapters, the stroller accepts two infant car seats. It can also be used with the two child seats and will accept an additional third seat.
Despite its large seating capacity, the stroller’s narrow footprint keeps the stroller very agile and maneuverable. The low profile all-terrain tires keep the ride super smooth while compactly folding up to converse trunk space.
Each child seat is equipped with a variety of comfort features. Including head huggers, padded bumper bars, adjustable footrests, canopies, and even rain covers. Twin parents will enjoy the adjustable handlebar that conforms to suit any height.
- Accepts infant car seats
- Includes rain covers
- Adjustable handlebar
- Low-profile all-terrain tires
- Can attach the third seat
- Wheels deflate easily
- Straps are difficult to rethread
- 2016 Redesign of the Twin Tri Mode Double Stroller - NEW fold, smaller footprint, adjustable footrests, auto lock
- Double Stroller converts to a Triple stroller with the X Toddler Seat (purchased seperately)
- Large, roomy, comfortable seats for two or three children. Perfect for twins & a toddler or three little ones.
#9 Joovy Scooter X2
The Joovy Scooter X2 is only 30 inches wide, which means it will fit through most standard doorways. But it still has plenty of room for your two little ones. Each seat can hold up to 45 pounds and can be used when your baby is at least 3 months old. Each child seat has cozy and comfortable offerings to keep the ride comfortable.
Each seat independently reclines and has an individually adjustable footrest. Large wheels with sealed bearings make pushing and navigating nearly effortless. Linked parking brakes put you in total control.
A one-handed fold collapses the stroller into a compact shape that fits in most trunks. This is another top twin stroller to consider for your family during outings with stroller in Disney!
- Adjustable footrests that recline independently
- Linked parking brake
- 30 inches wide
- One-handed fold
- Large wheels with sealed ball bearings for maneuverability
- Doesn’t accept infant car seats
- Toddler seats share a canopy and bumper bar
- Fits through standard doors and navigates narrow checkout lines
- Adjustable extra-large sun protection canopy with a peek-a-boo window
- Each seat can independently recline in infinite positions. Adjustable footests.
#10 Baby Jogger City Select Double Stroller
The Baby Jogger City Select Double Stroller may just be your best stroller for your twins with car seats. With over sixteen different seating positions this versatile stroller is sure to keep everyone cozy, comfortable, and happy. It can be used with one or more than one car seats, bassinets, or child seats.
No matter your seating option, your little one can face forwards or backward. The child seats include independent recline, huge canopies, and adjustable head height with up to four inches of extra room.
This tandem stroller model has a compact footprint and is a breeze to push and steer. This stroller can convert from a single to double stroller in tandem, and even a triple by adding a glider board. The lower basket is huge and features zippers to keep your belongings safe and secure.
- Can attach car seats or bassinets
- 16 different arrangements
- The lower basket has zippers
- Child seats have an adjustable head height
- Convertible stroller that can convert to triple
- The handlebar is not adjustable and can be too tall
- Folding requires both hands
No products found.
#11 Contours Options Elite Tandem Double Stroller
The Contours Options Elite Tandem Double Stroller is also a contender for the title of the best stroller for newborn twins. It has seven different seating options and can be used with car seats, two child seats, or a combination.
The child seats are perfect for smaller children as the footrests are adjustable and can be folded up to cocoon infants. Though it is an in-line, the stadium-style seating helps to provide the child in the back with an elevated view.
Large canopies, padded bumper bars, and optional recline help to keep the ride enjoyable. The lightweight aluminum stroller frame comes in at just 34 pounds. Making it simple to steer and push. The lower basket for storage has ample room for all of your stuff and includes a zippered side access window.
- Seven seating configurations
- Accepts more than one infant car seat
- Lightweight aluminum frame
- The lower basket has zippered side access
- Stadium style in-line seating
- Bulky when folded compared to many double strollers
- Foam padded handlebar prone to deteriorating
- IMPROVED DESIGN: Improved lightweight design with height-adjustable handle, quilted seats, and Easy-Lift seat design to make it even easier to reverse the seats
- SPACIOUS SEATING: Stadium-style seats makes it easy for the child in the back to see the sights and offers some of the best room between seats for little legs. Expandable parent cup holder and adjustable footrests
- PREMIER FEATURES: Dynamic front and rear wheel suspension with swiveling front wheels and 10 in. Quick-disconnect rear wheels. In-seat mesh pockets keep items nearby. Easy standing fold with both seats attached when both seats are facing forward
#12 Evenflo Pivot Xpand
The Evenflo Pivot Xpand effortlessly converts to tandem with the Evenflo Pivot Xpand Modular Stroller Second Seat. Or, you can attach an infant car seat. The child seat can convert to infant mode as well, which cradles your baby. Parent-facing or forward-facing, you decide the direction of the seats.
Because it converts from a single to a double, the frame is light, compact, and very agile. The ginormous basket expands just like the stroller does. It stretches to over two feet in length with front and back access. It is easy to fold and store thanks to its self-standing feature.
This stroller is great for those on the go.
- Converts from single to double
- Accepts infant car seats
- Expanding lower storage basket
- Self-standing fold
- Child seats convert to infant mode
- 55-pound capacity
- Shallow canopy
- Converts To Double - Stroller grows from single to double - unique slide and lock system expands frame to accommodate a second toddler seat or infant car seat (sold separately)
- 4 Modes Of Use - Toddler seat easily converts to infant mode, cradling baby at a more comfortable angle - and both modes can be used forward-facing or parent-facing for ﬂexibility
- Extra-Large Storage Basket - Expands to over 2 feet in length with front and back access for convenience
How To Choose the Best Twin Stroller
Selecting the best means your options are vast. How do you pick out of all the available baby strollers for twins? Keeping the following considerations in mind can help you narrow down your selection.
Stroller Configuration. As mentioned, double strollers for twins have two configurations, side-by-side or in-line. As the names suggest, side-by-side strollers have the seats directly next to each other. In-line strollers, also known as tandem strollers, have one rear seat directly behind the other.
Each has its advantages and disadvantages. While side-by-side stroller models offer both two kids a great view, they are wider. In-line models can be more agile, but they also mean one child will be in front out of your line of sight. You will need to weigh the pros and cons.
Car Seat Compatibility. If you are searching for the best stroller for infant twins you will want to consider car seat compatibility. Some strollers do not accept any car seat while others use universal car seat adapter products to accommodate a variety of models.
How the car seat attaches and how versatile the attachment is regarding which direction the car front and rear seat faces are also important.
Seat Recline. When it comes to the child seats recline is a major factor. Whether or not the seat reclines flat so your little one can nap is just as important as how upright the seat can sit. Not all children like to be reclined.
Maneuverability. Double strollers are less agile than singles but they don’t have to be a bear to steer. Strollers that have a great design, performance wheels and adequate suspension should be pretty nimble.
Weight Limit. The max amount of weight your product model can accommodate is a great thing to know, especially when you are pushing two. Each child seat will likely have a weight limit and the stroller will have an overall limit as well.
Be sure it is high enough that you can use your stroller for a suitable length of time.
Stroller Weight. While double strollers can’t exactly be considered “lightweight” but some are lighter than others. Do you prefer a lightweight stroller, like an umbrella stroller? Or, are you willing to go heavier to get comfort and convenience features?
Durability & Safety. It is always a good idea to check the stroller’s durability and safety. Look at the materials used, especially for the fabrics, wheels, and chassis. A durable stroller can last you from the infant stage well into toddlerhood.
The Top Twin Stroller
There are a lot of choices, but the Bugaboo Donkey 5, takes the top spot. This lightweight, compact stroller makes taking two children out a breeze. Its versatility and variety of seating options and arrangements make it great for those with infant twins or toddler twins.
Hopefully, this article has succeeded in getting you on your way to finding your ideal twin stroller for your two kids!
What do you think about our list? Share with us your thoughts!
Last update on 2023-06-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API