Go Anywhere with a Great Walking Stroller
Running strollers are great, but if we are honest with ourselves, most of our stroller time will be spent walking. A stroller for walking comes in handy when your child is tired, or you need to navigate a crowded area. But it can also be wonderful for just getting out and enjoying the fresh air with your little one.
The best walking stroller is one that is comfortable and convenient for both you and your baby or toddler. You don’t want it to be a hassle to use.
Additionally, you shouldn’t have to battle your child to ride in it because it is uncomfortable for them. You need a stroller that is both user and rider-friendly so you and your baby happily adventure everywhere together!
We have put together some tips on choosing an ideal walking stroller and our thoughts on twelve walking stroller choices.
Our Top 12 Best Walking Stroller Picks
Why You Need a Walking Stroller
Strolling along with your baby is a great way for you to both get some fresh air. A little exercise doesn’t hurt either!
Aside from enjoyment, walking strollers are a necessity. From age infant to child, you will often find yourself using your stroller. Whether it be keeping your child close as you maneuver down busy city side-walks, or just giving them a place to rest when visiting the zoo, a stroller is truly a childhood essential.
Strollers for walking usually have more convenience and comfort features than exclusive jogging strollers. Since they don’t need to be lightweight, they can afford to offer parents more options.
Things like a parent’s tray and a child’s tray can really come in handy, as can cup holders and storage baskets. Of course, these strollers will have plentiful safety features, like canopies, harness, and braking systems.
But with all of these added features, comes an increased size and weight. If you don’t mind your stroller being a little heavier or bulkier, there is no need to worry.
But if trunk space is a concern, or even how easy it is to push, you may want to look into a jogging-walking crossover stroller. This compromise may afford you the best of both worlds when getting your best walking stroller.
What to Look for In The Best Walking Stroller
Browsing for a walking stroller shares many of the same considerations as if you were looking for another stroller type. At the top of the list is safety. After that essential, you can choose what things are important to you.
Most strollers today are equipped with standard safety features like a five or three-point harness, and a braking system. However, some have more advanced safety features than others.
This can include things like a wrist strap or a padded child crossbar. Consider what options will make you feel most safe and in control when it comes to pushing your child in a stroller.
Convenience for a Good Cause.
Something that you are using regularly, should be easy and convenient to use. Cup holders and snack trays are two major convenience features. Storage pockets or baskets, and a self-standing fold are a few more.
Think about what things would make strolling with your little one and all of their belongings hassle-free.
Comfort Ride for You and Baby.
This means comfort for not only your rider but also for you. Comfort features for your child include a reclining child seat, adjustable calf support, seat padding, and more.
Those pushing the stroller will enjoy padded and adjustable handlebars, large wheels for easy pushing, and wheels that swivel for maneuverability.
Portability because Space and Strength Matter.
Of course, the features that come into play when you are not actively walking with your stroller are often just as important. Think about when you have to store your stroller, pack it into your trunk, or even carry it through an airport.
You will probably want one best walking stroller that is easy to fold, compact when folded, and may even have some extra features like a self-standing fold or a carrying strap.
Versatility for Multiple Possibilities.
Finally, consider how long you plan to use your stroller. Would you benefit from a model that can convert to a tandem model? Possibly a sit and stand?
Additionally, you may want a stroller that transitions from an infant car seat carrier to a child stroller. This will allow you to use it for longer, making it a worthwhile investment.
Now, on to twelve awesome walking stroller products that certainly fit the bill!
Our 12 Best Picks for Walking Stroller Reviews
#1 Chicco Viaro Quick-Fold Stroller
First up is the Chicco Viaro Quick-Fold Stroller. It is both a great walking stroller for baby and older children alike. It has many offerings that make it convenient and comfortable.
It easily accepts Chicco infant car seats with the click-in attachment system. As your child grows, they can use the plushily padded child seat. They will feel like they are in the ultimate command center with the large child tray and its two cup holders.
The safety harness is even padded, keeping your child cozy and secure. The multi-position recline allows them to nap or sit upright and view the world.
Parents will love the convenience features. Lightweight and only having three wheels, it is exceptionally easy to steer and push. The effortless offerings don’t stop there. The stroller has a one-handed fold and toe-tap brakes.
When it is time to store the stroller, the self-standing fold makes it hassle-free!
- Durable and light aluminum frame
- Adjustable backrest and canopy
- Parent tray and cup holder
- Lower storage basket with front access
- Easy setup
- One-handed fold that is self-standing
- Doesn’t lock in folded position
- Cup holders are shallow
- Lightweight aluminum frame and sleek 3-wheel design
- One-hand, free-standing fold
- Accepts all KeyFit infant car seats with easy click-in attachment
#2 Graco Aire3 Stroller
The Graco Aire3 Stroller is the ultimate when it comes to portability. It is rather lightweight and compact to carry. The one-handed fold allows you to break it down in just moments.
It automatically locks after folded so you don’t have to worry about it popping open. Slip on the carrying strap, and you are ready to go! Or, if you want to store it, it can stand all on its own.
It can become part of a travel system thanks to its car seat quick connectors. The child seat is padded and cozy. Reclinable and covered by a deep canopy, it is a cozy place to be. In fact, the seat can recline flat, making it an excellent napping place.
With a parent tray, zippered storage, cup holders, and a large lower basket, you can take along all of your essentials. At only 21 pounds you can easily pick up the stroller and take it along too!
- Compact and portable, great for travel
- Three-wheel design easy to steer
- Zippered extension panels for extra-large canopy
- Seat can recline nearly flat, perfect for short naps
- Padded armrest bar with cup holder
- Suitable for newborn to toddler, grows with your family
- Wheels prone to squeaking
- Basket difficult to access when attaching infant car seat
- Stroller folds easily in one second & with one hand and features a convenient carrying strap for extra portability
- Accepts all Graco Click Connect Infant Car Seats with a secure one-step attachment to create your own travel system
- Stroller automatically locks and is self-standing, so it's easy to transport & store. Use light oil if wheels squeak
#3 Baby Trend Navigator Double Jogger Stroller
If you have two-to-go, consider the Baby Trend Navigator Double Jogger Stroller. This double stroller can actually be referred to as sleek thanks to its sporty design. It can accommodate two car seats, be used with two child seats, or a combination.
The large pneumatic bicycle tires keep the ride smooth and calm. The front wheels can swivel or lock, putting total control in the hands of the person pushing. Combined with the toe-tap braking system and five-point harnesses, you can ensure a safe and comfortable ride.
Each child seat is fully equipped with its own comfort features – Large ratcheting canopies, child trays, and cupholders. Parents aren’t forgotten though! They receive a covered storage compartment, two cupholders, and even mp3 speakers.
This stroller will surely keep everyone happy.
- Two fully equipped child seats
- Can accommodate two infant car seats at once
- Trigger release easy fold
- Lockable front swivel tires
- Large lower storage
- MP3 speakers to play favorite music
- Tires are difficult to inflate
- No child snack trays
For more double stroller ideas, you can check our article on side-by-side double strollers for parents with two kids.
- Accommodates 2 baby trend infant car seats
- Dimensions: 32.5" W x 46" L x 43 H" | Weight: 43 pounds
- Locking front swivel wheels, and pneumatic bicycle tires
#4 Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight Jogging Stroller
Don’t let the name fool you, the Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight Jogging Stroller is great for walking. It is narrow, light, and extra easy to steer. The oversized bicycle tires help to eliminate bumps and shaking. The shock-absorbing suspension provides the smoothest ride.
The wide seat is extra spacious. It can recline or sit upright, depending on your child’s mood. The full-length calf panel and footrest support little legs.
The soft lower storage basket and parent organizer fold-down making the folded stroller very compact. If you have a tight fit in which you are trying to store it, the front wheel has a quick release.
This is an exceptionally convenient stroller both when in use, and when transporting it.
- Can accommodate a car seat
- Large bicycle tires for smooth maneuver
- Spacious seat
- Locking swivel wheels
- Multiple storage options
- Difficult to unfold
- Tires prone to losing air
No products found.
#5 Chicco Bravo LE Quick-Fold Stroller
The Chicco Bravo LE Quick-Fold Stroller can go from frame stroller to child stroller, allowing you to walk with your child no matter their size or age. The wide base and four-wheel design make this stroller exceedingly sturdy for both heavy car seats or wiggly toddlers.
The child tray makes snacks and drinks easily accessible. And speaking of toddlers and snacks, the attractive and durable fabrics are easy to wipe clean in case they make a mess.
As they enjoy their ride, or recline and snooze in the seat they will stay shaded and cool. The extendable canopy has a pull-out visor to fully protect delicate skin.
Auto positioning wheels, a one-handed folding mechanism, and the ability to stand on its own make this a pain-free best walking stroller experience for parents and children alike.
- Converts from frame stroller to child seat stroller
- Comes with child tray and parent tray with cupholders
- Huge lower storage basket with front access
- Extendable sun shade
- Auto positioning wheels
- Easy compact folding with one hand
- Childs tray sticks out when folded
- Does not handle rough terrains well
- Removable seat for easy transformation into a stylish frame carrier for the key fit
- Large basket easily accessed from front or rear and for children up to 50 pounds. Supports a child from 6 months
- Multi-position reclining seat and all-wheel suspension for baby's comfort
#6 Thule Urban Glide 2 Jogging Stroller
Moving on to the Thule Urban Glide 2 Jogging Stroller, a top of the line jogger that is unbelievably awesome as a walking stroller. The 16-inch wheels can handle any type of terrain, from sidewalks to gravel and grass. The suspension systems decrease bumps and jarring movements, making for a pleasant ride.
The sleek design fully supports your child from head to toe. The seat can comfortably recline so your child can nap while you stroll. The deep canopy shades them and keeps them out of the hot sun.
An ergonomic handle is perfect for parents of all heights as it can adjust up or down. The hand brake and running leash ensure that you will feel comfortable walking or running with your child.
A gigantic zippered lower storage basket protects all of your essentials from wind, rain, or even errant dogs! You can comfortably walk the park in style with this best walking stroller.
- Ergonomic design for great user experience
- Handles are adjustable, great for tall parents
- Sleek design that handles all terrains well
- Large extensive canopy with peekaboo window
- A hand brake and a foot brake for security
- Supports baby’s weight up to 75 lbs
- No cup holders or trays
- A lightweight, all-terrain stroller perfect for jogging or strolling through town
- Swivel front wheel locks into place for jogging
- Large 16" rear wheels plus suspension for an ultra smooth ride
#7 Britax B-Agile Lightweight Stroller
If you are on the lookout for the best stroller for walking with a car seat, consider the Britax B-Agile Lightweight Stroller. This light and portable stroller easily attaches to all Britax infant car seats, no adapters necessary. Its lightweight frame makes it easy to push and steer, either using the car seat or the child seat.
Each of the three wheels has suspension, making the stroll smooth and easy. The child seat allows them to recline while staying shaded by the deep canopy. The canopy has a vented peek-a-boo window so you can check in on them as you cruise along.
When it is time to head home, the stroller quickly folds into a compact form. The auto-lock feature helps to keep it from accidentally popping open in the trunk. If you have an infant with a car seat, this is a great option.
- Three-wheel design steers easily
- Large lower storage basket
- Zippered storage pouch
- Huge protective canopy with peekaboo panel
- Single handed quick fold with auto-lock for stress-free storage
- Accepts Britax infant car seat
- Reflective harness straps for enhanced visibility of your child in low light
- Child seat does not sit fully upright
- No proper foot rest for the child
- Extra accessories like trays and cupholders have to be purchase separately
- PARENT CONVENIENCE: One-hand quick fold; extra-large storage basket
- SMOOTH RIDE: Lightweight design and all-wheel suspension for smooth, easy strolls
- CHECK IN & CHAT: Ventilated, UPF 50+ canopy with peek-a-boo window for checking on baby
#8 Baby Jogger City Select Stroller 2016
The Baby Jogger City Select Stroller 2016 is amazingly versatile. With 16 different combinations, it has an extremely long lifespan. You can attach the car seat or bassinet, use the child seat, or attach a second seat to make it a tandem stroller.
The plush child seat can hold up to 45 pounds. The calf support adjusts to suit growing legs. The large sun canopy can even be repositioned to accommodate tall children.
This attractive looking stroller is simple to fold, easy to use, and will last you from ages infant to an older child. To add to its perks, you can choose from six different colors to suit your preferences.
This may be the only versatile best walking stroller you will ever need.
- Versatile with 16 different combinations
- Large lower storage basket
- Canopy height adjusts
- Can go from single to tandem double stroller
- Adjustable sun canopy that will not hit tall children
- Accommodates one infant car seat
- Comes with easy to reach hand brake system
- No child or parent tray
- Short calf support
- The Stroller: Our most versatile yet, the City Select grows with your family and could be the only convertible stroller you'll ever need.
- The Fold: Patented quick fold technology allows stroller to fold in one step
- Configurations: Our luxury strollers allow you to create a custom system. City Select can become a double stroller with 16 unique combinations using second seats, bassinets and car seat adaptors (double conversion kits sold separately)
#9 UPPAbaby 2018 Cruz Stroller
Moving on to the UPPAbaby 2018 Cruz Stroller, this sleek and modern stroller is ideal for taking a walk with your child. No adapters are necessary to attach your car seat. When your little one is big enough for the child seat, they will love how comfy it is.
A sunshade and a bug shield protect them from both pests and the elements. The bumper bar keeps them safe and secure. Its attractive leather cover matches the adjustable parent handlebar.
The toddler seat can be faced outward so your child can view the world, or turned to face you so you can keep an eye on them. The huge lower storage basket is easily accessible and can hold up to 30 pounds.
This is one stroller you will want to take everywhere you go! Not sure if the Cruz is better, or the Vista? Read our UPPABaby Vista vs Cruz review to find out.
- Aluminum and magnesium frame is very lightweight
- Multi-directional facing toddler seat
- One-hand 180 degree recline toddler seat
- Handlebar is adjustable
- UPF50+ adjustable sun shade
- Sun shield and bug shield included for increased protection
- Suitable for infants to toddlers up to 50lbs
- Prone to wobbling, may cause rides to feel bumpy
- This stroller is suitable for children from birth (with optional Infant SnugSeat accessory) until the child height is approximately aorund 40 inches (101 centimeter). The unfolded dimensions are 37 x 22.3 x 40.5 inches and the folded dimensions without seat are 13 x 22.3 x 36 inches
- Includes toddler seat, rain shield & bug shield-Full size front and rear facing toddler seat-180-degree recline with one hand
- Adjustable canopy with peek-a-boo window-Extendable UPF 50+ sunshade
#10 Baby Jogger City Mini GT2 Stroller
Next is the Baby Jogger City Mini GT2 Stroller. A small, ultra-portable stroller that makes walking in the park a breeze. Forever air rubber tires and supreme suspension result in great agility. The three-wheel design allows you to turn on a dime.
With just one hand, you can do a lot. You can adjust the handlebar, change the recline, fold the stroller, and operate the parking brake. Attach a car seat or use the child seat, it can hold up to 65 pounds.
This stroller is just as nimble as your sprinting toddler but much easier to control!
- Adjustable calf support
- Child seat can recline flat
- Magnetic peek-a-boo canopy window
- Good wheel suspension for smooth riding experience
- Adjustable handlebar
- Newborn-friendly via attaching infant car seat
- Portable, great for walk up apartment
- Small storage basket
- The harness locking system is difficult to operate
- Forever air rubber tires with all-wheel suspension provide a comfortable stroll on any terrain
- Adjustable handlebar and hand-operated parking brake provide comfortable steering and control, all within arm's reach
- Customize your ride for 4 different modes of use with accessories like the infant car seat, pram, glider board, parent console, child tray, and more (sold separately)
#11 BOB Revolution Flex 2.0 Jogging Stroller
Looking for a sporty model? The BOB Revolution Flex 2.0 Jogging Stroller is it!
Designed for running with its large bicycle tires and prime suspension, you will surely achieve a smooth ride walking. Parents will love the multiple convenience and comfort features included with them in mind.
The handlebar can adjust to an astonishing 9 positions. There is a place for everything within the various storage pockets and lower basket.
When your child is ready to use the toddler seat instead of the car seat, you will be impressed by the no-rethread harness. The toddler seat gives children just the right amount of support and has the ability to recline nearly flat.
Your child will enjoy this stroller, but you will adore it.
- Multiple storage options
- Adjustable handlebar, good for parents of different heights
- Extremely stable and sturdy
- No-rethread harness for convenient strap adjustment
- Can recline almost flat
- Compatible with BOB and Britax car seats
- Ideal for tall toddlers
- Difficult to unfold
- Tires prone to losing air
- Fit: Birth to 75 pounds; 0 to 8 weeks with the use of an Infant Car Seat Adapter & compatible Infant Car Seat; child height 44 inches; Dimensions 25.4W x 43H x 44D inches
- Smooth; speedy stability: locking swivel front wheel; air filled tires; and mountain bike style suspension system
- Adjustable & Safe: 9 position adjustable handlebar with wrist strap; no rethread five point harness; near flat recline; and extra large UPF 50 plus canopy
#12 UPPAbaby 2018 MINU Stroller
Finally, we have the UPPAbaby 2018 MINU Stroller, which can be considered a luxury umbrella stroller. This model is great for when you find yourself occasionally using your stroller for a walk. It is incredibly narrow, light, and perfect for travel.
Suitable for children 3 months to 50 pounds, it has a long lifespan. The child seat reclines and is shaded by an attractive looking canopy.
The lower storage basket holds up to 20 pounds and can be accessed from the front or the rear. There is a zippered pocket on the seat back for your personal belongings.
When you are boarding a bus or a plane, the stroller folds up with one-hand in one swift movement. Slip-on the carry strap and you are ready to hit the road, or the skies!
- Ultra-portable, good umbrella stroller for travel
- Huge lower storage basket
- Includes carrying strap
- Easy one-hand folding mechanism
- All-wheel suspension system for effortless ride
- Can take in MESA infant car seat or select car seat models from Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, and Cybex
- Some users reported the stroller tips over easily
- No cup holders or trays
- Suitable for children 3 months up to 50lbs ; Large, easy-access basket with 20 lb weight limit
- One-hand action fold with shoulder carry strap, Stands when folded
- Hand-sewn, leather handlebars with perforated pattern for extra grip
Which Best Walking Stroller Will You Choose?
There are a lot of great walking strollers, each with a handful of advantages and drawbacks. But when it comes to the Chicco Bravo LE Quick-Fold Stroller, the pros outweigh the cons.
This stroller has plenty of features to keep both parents and children happy. Comfort features, storage options, and intuitive design make it the optimal choice for strolling anywhere and everywhere.
And if you are considering a double stroller for your growing family, the Baby Jogger City Select Stroller 2016 ticks green in our checklist of criteria parents will usually fret over.
This convertible stroller can easily change from a single to double stroller and hits all requirements in terms of safety, size, maneuverability, ease of use and storage plus convenient accessories to make the strolling experience positive.
If you don’t mind splurging for premium material and extra comfort while strolling with your child in style, we’d say go for UPPAbaby 2018 Cruz Stroller! It has nearly everything a parent and kid will need in for an enjoyable stroller ride – just not the luxurious price.
Well, that’s a wrap on our best walking stroller reviews – we hope you enjoy reading this article! If you find this review piece useful, help us share this list of best walking stroller to people who may need some suggestions!
Last update on 2021-10-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API