Easter is a special occasion that children look forward to every year. Not only about colorful eggs and egg hunts, but also one of the most exciting parts of Easter for toddlers is receiving Easter gifts filled with goodies. However, coming up with creative and fun Easter baskets for toddlers can be challenging. That’s why many parents turn to the internet for inspiration.
Luckily, there are many great practical easter basket ideas for kids available online. From classic children’s books to colorful art supplies to summer-ready swim goggles, there are endless possibilities for filling Easter baskets. Parents can choose from a variety of toys, crafts, and treats to create a personalized Easter basket that their toddler will love.
Best Easter Basket Ideas for Toddlers
When it comes to Easter season, little kids are often the most excited members of the family. Finding the perfect Easter basket for your little one can be a challenge, but with a little creativity and some careful planning, you can put together a basket that is sure to delight. Here are some ideas for Easter baskets fillers for toddlers that are both fun and practical.
Toys and Games
When it comes to Easter basket ideas for toddlers, toys and games are always a hit. From stuffed animals such as little easter bunny to musical plastic eggs, there are plenty of options to keep little ones entertained. Consider adding some of the following items to your child’s Easter basket fillers:
- Stuffed animals: A cuddly easter bunny or chick is a classic Easter basket addition.
- Play-doh: This versatile toy allows toddlers to get creative and explore different shapes and colors.
- Bubble machine: Toddlers love bubbles, and a bubble machine makes it easy to create a fun and playful atmosphere.
- Train set: A simple train set can provide hours of entertainment for toddlers.
- Harmonica: Introduce your toddler to the joy of music with a child-friendly harmonica..
For boys and girls who love trains, consider adding a train set stuffer idea. This classic toy is perfect for preschoolers and big kids alike and can provide hours of imaginative play. Alternatively, a stuffed bunny with bunny ears can be a great addition to any Easter basket.
Musical eggs are another fun option that can help toddlers develop their motor skills as they learn to move and shake along to the beat. These best musical toys come in a variety of shapes and sizes, and can be a great way to introduce little ones to music and rhythm.
For outdoor activities, consider adding items like bubbles, sidewalk chalk, or a jump rope to your basket ideas. These budget-friendly options can provide hours of fun for toddlers and their families.
Overall, when it comes to Easter basket ideas for toddlers, toys and games are a great way to keep little ones entertained and engaged. Whether you opt for a train set, easter bunny, or musical eggs, there are plenty of options to choose from that are sure to delight any toddler.
Arts and Crafts
Arts and crafts can be such great ideas to any toddler’s Easter basket. Not only do they provide entertainment, but they also help develop fine motor skills, creativity, and imagination. Here are some ideas for arts and crafts items to include in a toddler’s Easter basket:
- Sidewalk chalk: With the weather warming up, sidewalk chalk can be a fun and creative way for toddlers to get outside and make art. Look for chalk in bright colors or Easter-themed shapes, such as bunnies or eggs.
- Crayons and coloring books: Toddlers love to color and draw, and crayons and coloring books are a classic choice for an Easter basket. Look for coloring books with Easter themes, such as Beatrix Potter characters or Easter eggs.
- Play-Doh: Play-Doh is a great sensory experience for toddlers, and it can also help develop their fine motor skills. Look for Easter-themed Play-Doh sets, or just include a few different colors of regular Play-Doh.
- Finger puppets: Finger puppets can provide hours of imaginative play for toddlers. Look for Easter-themed finger puppets, such as bunnies or chicks.
- Art supplies: For toddlers who love to create, consider including some basic art supplies in their Easter basket, such as washable markers, paint, or stickers.
- Bubble machine: A bubble machine can provide endless entertainment for toddlers, and it’s a great way to get them moving and playing outside.
- Putty: Putty or slime can be a fun and tactile addition to an Easter basket. Look for Easter-themed putty, or just include some different colors of regular putty.
- Marshmallow treats: For a fun and tasty Easter-themed craft, consider including some marshmallow treats and some supplies for decorating them, such as sprinkles or frosting.
- Gardening tools: For toddlers who love to help in the garden, consider including some child-sized gardening tools and some seed packets for planting.
- Bath crayons: Bath crayons can make bath time more fun and provide a creative outlet for toddlers. Look for washable bath crayons in Easter colors.
In addition to these fun and creative items, consider including some practical items in a toddler’s Easter basket, such as a new sippy cup or some snacks. With a little creativity, an Easter basket can be a fun and educational experience for toddlers.
Books and Activities
Books and activities are a great way to keep toddlers engaged and learning. Here are some Easter-themed options:
Books are a great way to introduce new words and concepts to toddlers. The classic children’s book, “The Tale of Peter Rabbit” by Beatrix Potter, is a perfect addition to any Easter basket. This timeless tale is a great way to introduce children to the joys of reading.
- One of the best-loved children's books of all time.
- Contains 70 pages.
- Book measures 4.13" x 5.51"
Another great book to include is “Easter Bugs: A Springtime Pop-up” by David A. Carter. This interactive book features colorful pop-ups that will captivate toddlers and keep them engaged.
- Used Book in Good Condition
- Hardcover Book
- Carter, David A. (Author)
Consider adding some fun and educational activities to your toddler’s Easter basket. A stacking toy, for example, is a great way to develop fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
A harmonica is another fun activity that can help toddlers develop their musical abilities. This instrument is easy to play and can provide hours of entertainment.
Finally, consider including an Easter-themed activity book. These books are filled with puzzles, mazes, and other activities that will keep toddlers entertained while also helping them develop important skills. Other activities can be done:
- New words: Use Easter-themed flashcards to introduce your toddler to new words and concepts.
- Stickers: Toddlers love stickers, and Easter-themed stickers can be used to decorate Easter cards or crafts.
- Easter egg hunt: Plan a fun Easter egg hunt for your toddler to enjoy.
By including books and activities in your toddler’s Easter basket, you can help them learn and grow while also having fun.
Treats and Snacks
When it comes to Easter basket ideas for toddlers, treats and snacks are a must-have. While candy and chocolate are popular choices, it’s important to keep in mind that toddlers have developing teeth and should not consume too much sugar. Here are some ideas for sweet treats and snacks that are both fun and relatively healthy:
- Marshmallow Treats: These colorful, bite-sized treats are a fun addition to any Easter basket.
- Candy: Classic easter treats fillers. Choose candy that is appropriate for your toddler’s age and dietary restrictions.
- Chocolate Bunnies: A chocolate bunny is a fun and festive addition to any Easter basket. However, it’s important to choose a high-quality chocolate that is lower in sugar. Dark chocolate is a good option, as it is rich in antioxidants and lower in sugar than milk chocolate.
- Plastic Easter Eggs: Fill plastic Easter eggs with healthy snacks like raisins, trail mix, or dried fruit. This is a fun way to include snacks in an Easter basket without relying solely on candy and chocolate.
- Fruit Snacks: Fruit snacks are a fun and healthy addition to any Easter basket. Look for brands that are made with real fruit and contain no added sugars or artificial flavors.
In addition to toys and treats, practical items can also make great additions to an Easter basket for toddlers. These items can be both fun and useful, making them a great choice for parents who want to give their child something they can use beyond the holiday season.
Cups and Bibs
Toddlers are notorious for making messes, especially during mealtime. Including a spill-proof cup and a cute bib in their Easter basket can be a practical and useful gift for both the child and the parents. Look for cups with fun designs or characters that the child will love, and bibs with soft materials and easy-to-clean surfaces.
Pool Toys and Bathing Toys
With summer just around the corner, pool toys and bathing toys can be great practical items to include in a toddler’s Easter basket. Not only will they be excited to use them once the weather warms up, but they can also be a great way to encourage outdoor play and exploration. Look for pool toys that are safe and age-appropriate, and bathing suits that are comfortable and easy to put on and take off.
Practical items don’t have to be boring! Consider including items that the child can use in their daily life, such as a personalized plate or a fun toothbrush. These items can not only be useful, but they can also add a personal touch to the Easter basket.
Finally, summer shoes can be a great practical item to include in a toddler’s Easter basket. Look for shoes that are comfortable, breathable, and easy to put on and take off. Sandals, slip-ons, and sneakers can all be great options depending on the child’s needs and preferences.
With these Easter basket ideas for toddlers, you can create a fun and memorable Easter for your little one without breaking the bank.
In conclusion, there are plenty of Easter ideas for toddlers that will make the Easter season special and exciting for them. From traditional treats like chocolate bunnies and jelly beans to more unique items like books and toys, there are many options to choose from.
Parents can make the most of their budget by selecting affordable items that are sure to delight their little ones. For example, simple items like bubbles, sidewalk chalk, and stickers can provide hours of entertainment for toddlers.
It’s also important to consider the age and interests of the child when selecting Easter basket items. For younger toddlers, items like stuffed animals and board books may be more appropriate, while older toddlers may enjoy items like art supplies and interactive toys.
Ultimately, the key to a successful Easter basket for toddlers is to keep it fun, age-appropriate, and tailored to the child’s interests. With a little creativity and thoughtfulness, parents can create a memorable Easter celebrations experience for their little ones.
Last update on 2024-03-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API