Are you looking for the best toys for 6-month-old babies? If you are, then you are on the right page. Toys are essential not only for babies’ entertainment but for their development as well.
Babies may not require much from playing with toys from 3 to 6 months old so simple, brightly-colored ones will do for the most part. However, as they grow into their 6th month, babies can become more curious and interactive, which is why it is essential to have them play with the right kind of toys to stimulate their senses. By doing this, you can help your babies achieve their expected development, cognitive, language, and motor milestones.
The 20 Best Toys for 6- to 9-Month-Old Baby
Seeing the abundance of toys in the baby market, it can be overwhelming trying to pick the best toys for 6-month-old baby up to 9 months of age. Not to worry, we have rounded up some of the great options to get!
Here are some of the best age appropriate toys for 6-month-old babies and above that you should consider buying:
#1 Fun Infantino Textured Multi Ball Set
If you are looking for a simple yet stimulating toy for your babies who are six months and above, you might want to check out the Infantino Textured Multi Ball set. The set has fun, eye-catching ball colors for babies. The toys also have textured surfaces that can help them develop their tactile senses.
Babies can squish, grab, and even bite these balls because they do not have sharp edges. These best toys for 6-month-old are big, and they do not easily chip, which is vital to prevent your babies from having choking incidents. Furthermore, they are made of BPA-free materials safe for young children’s use.
- Design: Easy-to-grab, bright and textured design for babies to develop tactile senses while having fun
- Developmental benefits: Soft and textured material featuring 6 varied sizes and shapes which encourages baby to reach, bat, grab and enjoy sensory play
- Great for gifting: This set is packaged in easy-to-wrap packaging and is a suitable gift for any occasion including baby showers, birthdays, Christmas, Easter and more
#2 Learn How to Stand Up with Fisher-Price Me Zebra Walker
One of the best baby toys for 6 months old is the Fisher-Price Me Zebra Walker. It has plenty of interactive, hands-on activities that will keep them busy, and as they become older, they could also use this product as a walker to help them develop their sense of balance as they learn how to walk.
Another nice feature of this walker toy is that it plays fun music and encouraging phrases that can help develop your babies’ auditory skills.
You may be interested in: 23 Best Baby Push Toy Walker of 2020
- Musical infant walking toy with 2 ways to play as your baby grows: Sit & play and Stand & Walk
- Hands-on activities for sitting babies plus light-up buttons to press for sing-along songs and phrases
- Fun phrases, music and sounds help reach the alphabet, numbers and more
#3 SmartNoggin NogginStik: The Developmental Light-Up Your Babies Need
The odd and quirky SmartNoggin NogginStik was invented by a therapist to encourage babies to achieve developmental milestones. This toy is free from harmful substances such as Phthalate, lead, and PVC. It is also made out of BPA-free materials. The SmartNoggin NogginStik rattles and lights up to keep your baby entertained for hours as one of the best toys for 6-month-old!
- HOW MUCH WOULD YOU PAY FOR THE KNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR BABY IS HEALTHY AND ON TRACK TO MEETING THEIR DEVELOPMENTAL MILESTONES? The Mom and Early Intervention Therapist inventor of the SmartNoggin Milestone Maker toys knew that when parents “know better they can do better” and that kind of knowledge is priceless! She successfully designed an affordable, long-lasting, and quality made toy that allows parents to assess their baby’s developmental progress through fun play time activities.
- BUT HOW DOES A MOM WHO ISN’T A TRAINED AND EXPERIENCED THERAPIST KNOW HOW TO DO THIS? No worries, it’s easier than you think. Each Noggin Stik comes with a user-friendly easy to follow booklet that tells parents what their baby should be doing when, and encourages parent-infant interaction, fun play, bonding, and entertainment. Activities are designed for infant to 12 month olds making this rattle the one that lasts longer than other rattles. More play time fun for the money.
- INTERESTED IN SETTING YOUR BABY UP FOR SUCCESS? The motion activated Noggin Stik lights up in 3 different colors which helps your baby learn visual tracking – a critical pre-literacy skill and a necessary precursor to reading. Its eye catching design promotes tactile interest and enhances grasping and holding skills, all important foundational skills for future learning. Buy this rattle so you don’t miss the chance to be your child’s first and most important teacher!
#4 Prepare your Babies for an Adventure with VTech Push & Explore Elephant
Fill the curiosity in your little ones with the VTech Push & Explore Elephant. It is one of the best developmental toys for 6-month-old babies because it can be easily pushed around, and it has a built-in motor sensor and sound system. Playing with this toy will help babies build their strength and develop their motor skills.
- Pushing the elephant strengthens gross motor skills and encourages crawling, plus the handle makes it easy to take on the go
- Buttons introduce the elephant and his animal friends, shapes and counting. Each button also plays a variety of sounds, melodies and phrases
- Push the friendly elephant to activate the motion sensor and hear playful sounds and short phrases, which introduce cause and effect
#5 Green Toys My First Tug Boat for Exciting Water Activities
Does your baby like playing in the water? If they do, then they might enjoy the Green Toys My First Tug Boat. It can be used during bath time and or even playing on muddy puddles which is why it is considered as one of the best baby toys 6 months plus.
This toy floats well, and kids can fill it in with water, which can give them a lot of thrill and excitement. However, since this toy is meant to be played around a body or pool of water, so strict parental supervision is required to prevent possible accidents.
- Water fills hull and pours from spout
- Floats great
- Safe for babies fun for older kids
#6 Make Bath Time Less Daunting with Munchkin Float and Play Bubbles
Bathing babies can be a challenge, but if you make it a fun and positive experience for your little ones, they might start loving bath time. One way of doing this is by entertaining them with the Munchkin Float and Play Bubbles Bath Toy.
The beautiful thing about these best toys for 6-month-old is that babies can hold them comfortably. They have fun colors and characters that are eye-catching. Another notable feature is the quick-dry and mold-resistant surface which makes cleaning these toys a breeze, so parents do not have to worry about these toys developing molds after play.
- Includes two fun characters and two whirly toys that spin and rattle
- Each bubble helps stimulate baby's sense of sight, hearing and touch
- Textured rings move freely around the bubbles
#7 A Straightforward but Meaningful Toy: The First Years Stack Up Cup Toys
The best learning toys for a 6-month-old does not have to be complicated. They could be as simple as the First Years Stack Up Cup Toys. Its bright colors easily capture babies’ attention, and they can quickly figure out the game concept by experimenting with the pole and rings.
Furthermore, this is a great toy because it can be used with water and sand, which provides babies with more learning stimulation. Aside from that, this toy is free from harmful chemicals and made from BPA-free materials.
- COLORFUL BABY TOYS: 8 brightly colored cups stack together with Unique Holes in the Bottom for water play
- STACKING CUPS: Children love to fit toy cups together, stack them up, or turn them over and hide things underneath
- BABY DEVELOPMENT TOYS: Large numbers on the bottom to practice counting & number recognition
#8 Hop on the Fisher-Price Animal Activity Jumperoo
Let your little ones get their much-needed exercise and fun with the Fisher-Price Animal Activity Jumperoo!
One of these beautiful features is its built-in sound reward, which can encourage your babies to keep on hopping to develop their leg muscles. It also has plenty of colorful animal toys such as a lion slider, froggy teether, giraffe spinner-bead neck, and a hanging toucan – way to keep your active baby work on his/her limbs and body while playing with them!
- 360 degrees of play for baby to discover
- Music, lights & sounds reward & encourage every bounce & jump
- Easily adjusts to 3 different heights as your baby grows
#9 Squish and Stack them Up with B. Toys One Two Squeeze Baby Blocks
Blocks are one of the timeless best educational toys for 6 month old babies, and B.Toys One Two Squeeze Baby Blocks are the best modern-day version. It is made of very soft material, making it safer for babies than wooden blocks. It also allows babies to grab it on with their tiny hands quickly.
Aside from stacking them up, these toys can also be used as nibblers. It has a textured yet soft surface that can help massage babies’ gum. It is also made out of non-toxic materials, so it is entirely safe to be put into babies’ mouths.
- A true classic baby toy. Super soft blocks for toddlers and babies with beautiful colors.
- 10 hand-sculpted toy blocks. Stack them up, up, up. All the way to the top.
- Squeezy, squeaky. Chewable blocks, perfect for Lil’ nibblers.
#10 Ongoing Construction: The VTech Drop and Go Dump Truck
Kids love dragging toys, and the VTech Drop and Go Dump truck is designed precisely for that purpose. It has a string attached to the truck’s front area so that babies can easily drag it anywhere they want to go. It also has a large bucket they could use to store blocks, balls, and tiny rocks.
What makes this toy nice is that it is straightforward and it has energetic colors. However, although babies can use this toy as young as six months old, it can be one of the best toys for 8 month old babies instead.
- Drop a colorful rock into the top of this cheerful dump truck toy and watch it tumble into the bucket to learn numbers
- Once the rocks are in the bucket, the push toy or pull toy can be moved along to see the rocks rumble around inside
- Learning toy develops motor skills by lifting the hinged bucket to unload the rocks and start again; a great early education toy for toddlers
#11 All the Fun and Games You Need in One Toy
Are you looking for a toy that your baby will not get bored from? Well, the Fisher-Price 2-in-1 Sit-to-stand Activity Center might just be what you are looking for. It is one of the top toys for 6 month old babies for many reasons, but its most significant selling point is that it can be used by babies who are four months old until their toddler years.
Your little one can enjoy moving around in the spinnable seat that allows 360 degrees of excitement playing with engaging developmental activities, with cute musical tunes to stimulate their learning. As your baby grows older, this activity center can be converted into a play table with a spiral ramp for sliding toys to assist your child to learn about cause and effect.
- 2 ways to play! Sit & spin stationary entertainer for baby Toddler activity table
- Take-along musical alligator with light-up keys plays musical notes & short tunes or up to 20 minutes of music
- Easily converts to toddler play table with 3 adjustable height positions
#12 Look and Listen: The Musical Turtle Toy
It might be too early to give your little one a pet turtle, so consider giving him or her the iPlay iLearn Musical Turtle toy instead. It mimics the movement of turtles, which makes it one of the good toys for 6-month olds because it can easily keep up with the baby’s pace.
It has musical features that are activated by pushing onto the buttons in the legs of the turtles. Plus, the music volume can also be adjusted according to your little one’s preference.
- ♫High Quality♫ The durable, shatterproof ABS plastic material ensure the musical turtle in long lasting performance and construction with soft edges for safe handling.
- ♫Realistic Activity♫ Explore four play modes that teach about happy songs, cute patterns, count numbers and ABC letters. And the turtle will crawl with the happy songs.
- ♫Educational Learning♫ This early learning toy helps to develop mathematics and pronunciation. Practice fine finger skills by pressing different buttons. Nice interactive toy encourage baby to crawl!
#13 The Topsy-Turvy Fat Brain Toy Tobbles Neo
Teach your little ones the basics of physics at a young age with the Fat Brain Toys Tobbles Neo. They can stack them up, balance, and spin, which is perfect in helping develop their essential motor skills.
This toy is made from premium ABS plastic, which means that it is lightweight, so babies will have no problem stacking them up. This material is also very durable, so no need to worry about chipping that can cause choking accidents since safety is also one of the main concerns when choosing the best toys for 6-month-old babies.
- PHYSICS INTERPLAYS WITH MODERN DESIGN throughout these six unique stackable spheres!
- BALANCE, NEST, SPIN, AND STACK THEM in gravity-defying angles; ideal for busy, curious children
- PERFECT FOR AGES 6 MONTHS AND UP; made of high quality ABS plastic; safety tested; sturdy design
#14 Keep the VTech Wiggle and Crawl Ball Rolling
Here’s a toy that babies of all ages will enjoy. The VTech Wiggle and Crawl Ball contains more than 45 phrases, sounds, melodies, and songs that can help stimulate your babies’ auditory senses. It also encourages your babies to develop their hand and eye coordination because this ball encourages physical interactions.
Furthermore, with this toy, your baby can learn how to quickly identify animals such as dogs, cats, and turtles. This is because it has a built-in button that they can press, which then creates the designated animal sound. This will help them associate the sound with the picture of the animal in the ball.
- Move and crawl with the animal friends on the Wiggle and Crawl Ball by VTech
- Interactive ball wiggles and wobbles on its own encouraging your little one to chase after it; features 45+ playful songs, melodies, sounds and cheerful phrases
- Press the dog, cat and bear buttons to hone fine motor skills and learn about animals, colors and numbers; 6 interactive animals encourage play
#15 Lullabies from a Cuddly Seahorse
Without a doubt, babies are attracted to soft and cuddly toys that sing classical music and lullabies, just like the Fisher-Price Soothe & Glow Seahorse. This is a perfect choice among the best toys for 6-month-old babies because not only does it play soothing classical music and lullabies, it also plays calming ocean sounds that can help lull them to sleep.
Cleaning this toy is pretty simple, just remove its electronic attachment, put it in a washing machine, and dry it thoroughly.
- A gentle hug from baby activates soft, glowing light and soothing sounds & music
- Plays for up to 5 minutes, plus volume control
- 8 different lullaby & classical tunes
#16 The Sassy Wonder Wheel of Fun
Encourage your babies’ visual tracking with the Sassy Wonder Wheel Activity Center as their 7-month-old toy. It is a spinning Ferris wheel with a textured surface and a suction cup bottom. It also has an adjustable click-clack ring for added sensory play.
The beautiful thing about this toy is that it has vibrant colors and a center spinner that can easily capture babies’ attention. Constantly playing with this toy will provide them with their much-need visual stimulation and motor skill practice.
- Country of origin is China
- The package dimension of the product is 10"L x 5.5"W x 3.3"H
- Colors may vary and for age 6-24 months
#17 No age is Too Young for a Premium Soft Baby Book
Start introducing books to your babies at a young age with the Premium Soft Baby Book First Year Edition. One of the nicest features is the plush puppet that you use for role play and interacting with your child.
Its peekaboo flaps, finger holes, and mirror features are also lovely for fun learning activities as one of the best toys for 6-month-old and above. Aside from that, another notable feature of this book is that it is very durable against tears. Unlike regular books made out of paper, this one is made with a soft fabric material that is resistant from being torn by babies.
#18 A Tray of TOMY Toomies Squeak Toy, Hide, & Squeak Eggs
Be prepared to see your babies’ excited reaction when they crack the TOMY Toomies Squeak Toy, Hide & Seek Eggs and see tiny colored chicks inside just like a real egg. This toy helps babies recognize their memory skills by switching the different position of the eggs.
Aside from that, it teaches them about shapes because the bottom part has different shaped knobs that correspond to its rightful position in the tray – definitely one of the cutest, best toys for 6-month-old little ones!
- HIDE AND SQUEAK EGGS: This squeak toy contains six colorful squeaking eggs for kids to play with.
- CRACK THEM OPEN: Shells crack open to reveal colored chicks
- INTERACTIVE TOYS: The colored chicks chirps when their heads are pressed down gently
#19 The Sky’s the Limit for the LAMAZE Rainbow Stacking Ring Toy
If your babies are fans of stacking blocks, you might want to consider getting the LAMAZE- Rainbow Stacking Rings Toy. This toy can help develop your baby’s hand-eye coordination and excellent motor skills because of its bright colors and exotic texture.
It could also help develop their problem-solving skills as they figure out how to play the game. Aside from that, another nice feature about these stacks is that they are easy to grab for little ones with tiny hands.
- TRUE CLASSIC: Let the fun pile up with a modern take on the classic Rainbow Stacking Rings Toy.
- BRIGHT AND FUN: Bold colors, playful patterns and intriguing textures will engage your little one and invite them explore.
- FOR BABY HANDS: Easy to grasp rings let your little one stack as long as they like, building dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
#20 Peekaboo with the Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Boppin’ Activity Bugs
Help your babies develop their sensory and auditory skills with the Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Boppin’ Activity bugs. This interactive toy has bugs that make unique sounds every time they pop out. It has bright and vibrant colors that will help keep your babies interested in the activities for a long time.
Furthermore, this toy will teach your baby how to differentiate shapes and the basic concept of cause and effect. It has four shapes with slots that give your babies silly surprises whenever they press the shape toys into the correct slot.
- Pop-up activity toy for baby with exciting sounds
- 4 different shapes for baby to push, turn, slide or press for silly surprises!
- Each bug makes a unique sound as it pops up to surprise your baby
Was the list of best toys for 6-month-old babies and above enjoyable?
Do not only buy a baby toy based on their appearance but instead take a closer look at whether they are helpful for the skills development of your little ones. They must help stimulate and improve the developing skills in your babies to assist them in achieving their desired skill milestones.
Here are our top 5 picks for the best toys for 6 month old babies:
- Premium Soft Baby Book First Year Edition – Perfect baby book to encourage learning from a young age
- B.Toys One Two Squeeze Baby Blocks– For fun stacking blocks that act as teether toys!
- Fisher-Price Soothe & Glow Seahorse – Top cuddly musical toy pick
- VTech Push & Explore Elephant.- Best developmental toy to engage the explorer side of your baby
- Fisher-Price 2-in-1 Sit-to-stand Activity Center– For endless interactive play time that caters to your baby’s growth up till toddler stage
Did you also have the same top picks? Let us hear from you on the comments down below, and please share this article with other parents who are also looking for the best toy for their little ones.
Last update on 2021-01-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API