Educational baby toys are essential to the development, growth, and learning of your child. With the wide range of toys that we can find in the market, finding the right one for your little one can be challenging.
In this article, we will explore the various features of the different educational toys that we can find today. If you wish to find the best educational toys for babies, continue reading!
The Best Educational Toys for Babies for 2020
As a parent, searching for the best kind of baby education toy can be rather challenging for your baby’s activities. We have gone through that phase – hence this list is a compilation of the top educational toys for babies we find fun and helpful that you can get for your little ones today!
1. LeapFrog Learning Friends 100 Words Book (Perfect for Leaning Words!)
This interactive book by LeapFrog is one of the most intelligent toys for babies. It can teach your baby 100 age-appropriate words that fall under 12 categories, including activities, mealtime, animals, pets, and many more.
Your child can learn on their own since the book plays the words, sound effects, and facts when they touch the words on the page. The book is bilingual, as it can speak both in English and Spanish.
The book plays the Learning Friends theme song when your baby touches the Light-up star button.
- Meet learning friends Turtle, Tiger and Monkey who will introduce more than 100 age-appropriate words chosen by learning experts
- Word categories include: pets, animals, food, mealtime, colors, activities, opposites, outside and more
- Touching the words on the pages plays the words, sound effects and fun facts; hear the Learning Friends theme song and My Favorite Word by pressing the light-up star button
2. First Builders Big Building Bag (For Your Future Builder!)
The First Builders Building Bag is one of the baby learning toys that unleash your baby’s creativity and imagination! The bag contains 80 colorful building blocks in different shapes, allowing your baby to build anything he wants to.
The blocks are of the right size, so there is no choking risk. You can easily clean the blocks by wiping them down with a damp cloth. These come in a large bag for easy storage.
However, the blocks do not snap together tightly, so they may fall apart quickly and may cause frustration in some children.
- 80 classic-colored building blocks, including special shapes
- Perfect for little hands
- Hands-on play for early childhood development
3. VTech Turn and Learn Driver (For the Future Driver!)
Designed to teach kids about road safety, Vtech Steering Wheel would be a great interactive toy for baby drivers and for promoting pretend play.
Aside from its horn, the steering wheel has five colorful buttons that allow your child to choose from 3 play modes and listen to 60+ different types of music, animal sounds, and songs.
It even takes imaginative play to a whole new level with a traffic light, signal lever, and gear shifter!
- Your little one will love pretending to drive using the steering wheel toy that causes the cute dog character to move back and forth
- Press the five colorful buttons on the learning toy and your child will be introduced to different animals and vehicles; great early education toy
- The fun baby car toy design encourages imaginative play with a traffic light, a signal lever that triggers fun sounds and music; gear shifter that pushes and pulls to introduce opposites
4. Wee Gallery, Art Cards for Baby (For the Animal Lover!)
Wee Gallery is bringing flashcards back with a bang! As one of the best educational toys for babies, these cards feature 6 animals (alpaca, fawn, lamb, penguin, duckling, and tapir) in black and white colors. These were the colors used because their contrast supports the visual strength of babies.
The hand-painted cards eco ink and 100% recycled cards teach your child and save the planet at the same time! Who knew that there is an eco-friendly and artistic way to teach your kids about animals?
- Black and white repeating shapes form whimsical animals to entertain and engage little ones, transforming the crib into baby’s very own Wee Gallery.
- The 6 adorable animals in this set include an alpaca, duckling, fawn, penguin, tapir, and a lamb.
- From the very first days of life, studies show that a baby sees high-contrast shapes and patterns at a distance of 9–12 inches. These cards are designed from hand-painted originals that support the visual strengths of a baby.
5. Baby Loovi Foam Bath Toys (Bath Time Made More Fun!)
Bath time will never be the same without these 100% non-toxic foam toys by Baby Loovi. The set includes 26 colorful letters and 26 animal shapes that can help you turn bath time into learning time!
You can also stick these best educational toys for babies to a wall or let your child play with these on the floor. Please note that some of the pieces come with small parts, so parental supervision is needed when playing with them.
- ✅ ADVANTAGES - premium foam bath toys alphabet of large size. It is light, comfortable and easy to attach. Only Wet! Your baby learns letters, colors and animals. Kids develop coordination of movements by inserting letters in the animal's puzzles. A child makes up words and enjoys swimming and playing in the bath or shower.
- ✅ FUN BATHING - foam bath toys alphabet floats on the water and easily stick to plain surface when wet. Put preschool educational floating bathtub toys into the water, stick it to the wall, find the letters and insert it to the corresponding animals. The best baby bath toys- it's so fun!
- ✅ BIG SIZE - letters and puzzles is great gift like learning toys!
6. Melissa & Doug Take-Along Shape Sorter (Leaning Shapes On the Go!)
Featuring 9 plastic shapes, this Melissa and Doug toy works the same way as the other shape sorters, so it is an excellent option in teaching your kids about shape recognition and promote sensory and fine motor development.
This top pick of best educational toys for babies has a unique feature – it comes in a bag! The bag features padded sides and handles, so it will be easy for your child to carry and play with it wherever he goes!
- PADDED SHAPE-SORTER: The Take-Along Shape-Sorter is part of the K’s Kids line of early developmental toys. It includes a padded case with 2 activity sides, a take-along handle, and 9 textured blocks in 9 colors and various shapes.
- CRINKLY FLAPS: Our toddler shape-sorter toy includes crinkly flaps that have pictures of familiar items above and matching shapes beneath.
- HELPS SKILLS DEVELOPMENT: This toy bag for travel helps babies and toddlers develop sensory, fine motor, and communication skills.
7. VTech Musical Rhymes Book (Time to Sing!)
This is another musical book toy on the list of best educational toys for babies – the Vtech Musical Rhymes book, and like the name implies, it teaches your kids nursery rhymes!
The interactive rhymes book introduces 6 classic nursery rhymes through its colorful and musical pages. Your baby can choose from two modes of play—learning mode and music mode. He can also listen to 40+ songs, sounds, and phrases.
But wait, there’s more! The book also has twist and slide play pieces that can help develop fine motor skills.
- Interactive kids book has big easy-to-turn pages; nursery rhyme book comes with 6 classic nursery rhymes
- Early education learning center build fine motor skills by sliding and twisting the fun play pieces; Pre-K reading book has 40+ songs, melodies, sounds and phrases
- Talking book features 5 colorful piano buttons that make sounds and introduce colors and instruments; 2 modes of play: music mode and learning mode
8. Lamaze Peek-A-Boo Forest, Fun Interactive Baby Book with Inspiring Rhymes and Stories (For a More Exciting Story Time!)
Storytime is made more exciting with this interactive Lamaze soft baby book made up of fun rhymes and stories presented in the most visually stimulating way possible.
The book features durable cloth pages filled with various patterns, friendly characters, and bright and bold colors.
Aside from telling a story, the book is designed to support and develop hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills with its soft flaps and different textures. You can either spend time telling the story to your baby and keep him/her flipping the pages on a baby play mat.
- Peek-a-boo flaps: Soft flaps help develop hand-eye coordination and support fine motor skills
- Fun rhymes and stories: This rhyme book features inspiring rhymes on each page for fun storytime
- Six colorful pages: Bright, bold colors, friendly characters and patterns are used for visual development
9. Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes Musical Toy (For Your Future Musician!)
With its interface and engaging music, this Baby Einstein musical toy is like an mp3 player for babies. It contains 10 melodies paired with stimulating light patterns, which can undoubtedly inspire your child’s love for music.
The toy comes with a control button that allows you to regulate its volume. It is perfectly sized for younger children and comes with easy-to-grasp handles. Let us also not forget about its eye-catching design!
- A best selling favorite with thousands of 5 star ratings
- Inspires a lifelong love of music
- Baby can switch between 10 total melodies
10. VTech Busy Learners Activity Cube (The All-in-One Cube!)
If you want to keep your child busy for hours, this VTech activity cube will do the trick! All sides of this toy are filled with activities that promote exploration and fun! The cube has up to 25 songs to keep babies entertained.
It has light-up buttons that will teach your kids about animal shapes, sounds, and names. As one of the best educational toys for babies, it also has 12 interactive features meant to promote fine motor skills. This activity cube also produces fun sounds when you move it.
- Kids learning toy has 5 sides of play that encourage discovery and exploration; 4 light-up buttons introduce animal names, animal sounds and shapes
- Pre-k learning toy has 14 interactive features that develop fine motor skills; toy assists babies with sitting up to play
- Motion sensor activates fun sounds when the activity cube is moved to attract attention and encourage crawling
11. Fat Brain Toys Dimpl Baby Toys & Gifts (The Perfect Sensory Experience)
When you first look at the Dimpl toy by Fat Brain, you will surely be curious as to what it can do. Well, this small toy is designed to provide the perfect sensory experience to your child!
The toy features brightly colored 100% grade food silicone bubbles installed into a durable BPA-free plastic frame. The colorful silicone bubbles will capture your baby’s attention. The sensation they will feel when they poke and pop the silicone bubbles will keep them hooked!
- A beautiful keep-their-attention toy; features 5 vibrant Silicone Bubbles built into a plastic frame
- Simple yet brilliant; push and pop them, Poke and grab them; a perfect, portable sensory delight
- Great for babies and toddlers ages 10 months+; BPA-free; Bubbles made of 100% food-grade silicone
12. Hape Pound & Tap Bench with Slide Out Xylophone (For the Future Musician)
The perfect time to teach your child music is now, and this cute Hape xylophone toy can help you do that. It features a xylophone, a hammer, and three colorful balls. All of these are combined in an eye-catching wooden toy set, which is playfully designed with water-based and non-toxic paint products.
This award-winning multifunctional musical instrument is one of the best educational toys for babies that allows kids to play the xylophone in various ways! They can play the xylophone by fetching the balls or pulling out the keyboard and playing with the instrument.
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL MUSICAL INSTRUMENT: This kids xylophone can be played in variety of ways. The kids can fetch balls as pounding sends the balls tinkling over or they can pull out the keyboard and xylophone and play a solo
- FINE MOTOR SKILLS DEVELOPMENT: Promotes dexterity, hand eye coordination, manipulation, arm movement, cause and effect
- ESTABLISH MUSICALITY: This pounding toys for toddlers encourages musical development and exploration, audio recognition and play
13. Sassy Developmental Bumpy Ball (3 Balls Rolled into One!)
One of the interesting best educational toys for babies, this big sensory ball features chunky-sized designed to be grasped to facilitate the development of the baby’s motor skills. Each bump and feature is made of different materials to develop the baby’s tactile sensitivity.
Aside from the chunky bumps, the ball also has created rattle sounds that will stimulate and entertain your little one. The features of the ball do not stop there. The ball also has high contrast colors and eye-catching designs, which strengthens a baby’s vision.
- Multiple textures & materials engage baby's developing tactile sensitivity & teach baby about variety
- Chunky sized bumps encourage reaching, grasping, and transferring from one hand to the other
- Gentle rattle sounds create neural connections in babies brains from birth through 3 years
14. B. Toys – One Two Squeeze Baby Blocks (Stacking Blocks with a Twist!)
Just like the classic blocks, your baby can also stack up the B. Toys Blocks. But here’s the twist—the blocks are squeaky, squeeze, and chewable!
Moreover, the blocks are hand-sculpted and feature different numbers and letters to teach your kids about numbers and alphabet at an early age! Another good news is that it comes with a beautiful recyclable bag made of polypropylene so your baby can play with it on the go!
- A true classic baby toy; Super soft blocks for toddlers and babies with beautiful colors.
- 10 hand-sculpted toy blocks. Stack them up, up, up. All the way to the top.
- Squeezy, squeaky; Chewable blocks, perfect for Lil’ nibblers.
15. Learning Resources Spike The Fine Motor Hedgehog (Cutest Fine Motor Toy Ever!)
Sensory toys do not have to look dull, and this Hedgehog toy by Learning Resources proves us that. The toy hedgehog-shaped toy has removable pegs which are perfectly sized so your baby can quickly grasp and play with them. The pegs come in different bright colors to teach your child color identification.
The feature that parents love about this toy among the many other best educational toys for babies is that the pegs can be inserted back into the hedgehog, so it is not just easy to clean but to store as well!
- FINE MOTOR GAMES FOR KIDS: Build fine motor skills with chunky, peg-shaped pieces that fit to the back of this friendly hedgehog. Also use Spike as for occupational therapy exercises!
- DEVELOP: Colorful quills help kids build color recognition, sorting, and counting skills through fine motor skill games
- TOYS FOR TODDLERS: Now fine motor intrinsic toys come with easy to grasp pieces that are just the right size for little toddler and preschool hands to hold. Fine motor set includes 2-piece hedgehog about 6” in diameter, 12 quills, and activity guide
16. The First Years Stack Up Cup Toys (Your Classic Stacking Toys!)
This First Years cup toy set is made up of 8 toxic-free cups in different sizes and colors. As we all know, stacking toys are perfect for improving hand-eye coordination and developing problem-solving skills.
But this toy set is designed for more than that. The cups have holes in the bottom, so you can also use them for fun water play! These also have large numbers at the bottom to promote number recognition. Talk about combining fun and learning in one toy!
- COLORFUL BABY TOYS: 8 brightly colored cups stack together with Unique Holes in the Bottom for water play
- STACKING CUPS: Children love to fit toy cups together, stack them up, or turn them over and hide things underneath
- BABY DEVELOPMENT TOYS: Large numbers on the bottom to practice counting & number recognition
17. Manhattan Toy Skwish Color Burst Rattle and Teether Grasping Activity Toy (Multi-Sensory Wooden Toy)
Most teethers you will find are made of silicone or plastic but not the Skwish Rattle and Teether by Manhattan Toy. The rattle is made of wood with water-based and non-toxic paint while the teether is constructed with dense rubberwood.
It differs from other rattles as it does not produce a loud annoying sound. Instead, it delivers a muted sound that is loud enough for babies to learn from but not too loud for the parents.
The toy is called skwish because it has dowels that are strung together, which you can squish down. The fantastic thing about it is the toy returns to shape, which makes it entertaining for both adults and children.
- MULTI-SENSORY CLUTCHING BABY TOY: Classic, multi-sensory clutching rattle encourages grasping and reaching which are important for gross motor skills; the lightweight wooden dowels, smooth finish, and elastic ties make it easy for little hands to grab.
- BABY WOODEN RATTLE: The Skwish is surprisingly lightweight, allowing little ones the ease of sliding the beads back and forth on dowels, producing a very pleasing rattle sound and allowing baby to explore sound and learn cause and effect.
- DEVELOPMENTAL TEETHER TOY: The highly-regarded design of wood construction and elastic ties allow the unique rattle and teether to flatten, or "squish", and always return to its original shape.
18. VTech Wiggle and Crawl Ball (The Cutest Ball Ever!)
Your baby can stay active and learn simultaneously with this crawl ball by Vtech! This interactive ball automatically wiggles and wobbles to facilitate your child to crawl. As if that’s not enough, the ball also flashes 5 different lights to catch your baby’s attention.
This is an educational ball, too, since the baby can press the animal buttons to learn about the animals’ sounds. The animals also twist and spins to entice your baby to follow it.
Lastly, the ball can produce more than 45 songs, phrases, and sounds to keep your baby entertained.
- Move and crawl with the animal friends on the Wiggle and Crawl Ball by VTech
- Interactive ball wiggles and wobbles on its own encouraging your little one to chase after it; features 45+ playful songs, melodies, sounds and cheerful phrases
- Press the dog, cat and bear buttons to hone fine motor skills and learn about animals, colors and numbers; 6 interactive animals encourage play
19. Toyk Baby Bath Books (Story and Bath Time Rolled Into One!)
These baby bath books by Toyk were developed to keep your kids entertained and educated while taking a bath! Just like other storybooks, these feature brightly colored and vivid images.
What makes it different than others is its pages are made of non-toxic and eco-friendly waterproof fabric that is perfect for travel, bath time, and bedtime!
- My First Soft Book - Attract your baby's attention - A variety of sounds and touch-and-feel textures. Perfect for newborns to toddlers.
- Multiple themes - Fruit,Animal,Transportation,Graphics,Ocean,Digital,English alphabet,Musical Instrument.
- Vibrant images with vivid patterns and colors, packed full of educational activities for baby to enjoy.
20. Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Smart Stages (Your Baby’s Learning Best Friend!)
This Fisher-Price stuffed toy is cuddly, soft, and above all—interactive! It looks like a regular stuffed toy, but you will be surprised to discover that it can teach your kid many things: words, body parts, shapes, numbers, alphabet, and many more.
When you press and hold his heart, he will produce up to 75 songs. His heart, hands, ear, and foot respond when touched by your baby. Lastly, the toy has 3 learning levels to keep up with your growing baby.
- 75+ songs, sounds, tunes & phrases
- Puppy’s hands, foot, ear, and light-up heart respond to baby’s touch (5 activations in all)
- Teaches 100 first words & introduces parts of the body, shapes, counting, the alphabet and more
Which are the best learning toys for infants? For us, it would be Baby Loovi Foam Bath Toys as it can make bath time more educational and less scary.
What about the best overall learning toys for babies? Our recommendation would be the Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Stuffed Toy because it adapts to the educational needs of your baby.
How about you? Do you have other educational toys for infants that you wish to share with us? If so, let us know in the comments section. Feel free to share this article too, so your friends will know about these toys!
Last update on 2020-10-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API