Hardwood floors are beautiful, but when you have a baby who’s learning how to walk, this type of floor can cause accidents and injury. As much as we parents want to prevent them from falling down, it is a necessary pain part of growing. However, we can help them make the process easier and safer by giving them the best baby push walker for hardwood floors.
12 Top Picks of Best Baby Push Walker for Hardwood Floors
The Advantage of Best Baby Push Walker for Hardwood Floors
As babies start learning to walk, they are also only starting out to form their sense of balance. This is why they are often looking wobbly and are at the risk of falling down. The best solution for this is to give them the best baby push walker for hardwood floors. Here are some of the advantages that you might find interesting:
- Provide balance for babies
Since babies do not have a fully developed sense of balance, they need to have constant support, which they will get from a best baby push walker for hardwood floors.
- Help develop babies’ motor skills.
- Provide Security
When my child was starting to stand up, I noticed that he would grab on whatever he could to pull his weight, which made me nervous because things might fall on his head, or he might tip over. That is why I decided to get him a best baby push walker for hardwood floors instead so he can safely get balance support while moving on hardwood flooring in the house.
You may be interested in: 5 Best Play Mats for Hardwood Floors
How to Choose the Best Baby Push Walker for Hardwood Floors
It is important to know the key features to watch out if you are now interested in getting the best baby walkers for hardwood floors. Here are some of them:
- Longevity of Use
It would be great to have a push walker that can grow together with your baby. By having this type of push walker, you don’t have to spend money on buying the same kind of product twice.
- Safety features
Passing the CPSC-ASTM standards ensures that the product’s safety features and material have been thoroughly tested to check its durability and sturdiness. Meanwhile, the JPMA certification ensures that the product is safe for babies’ use rather than being a safety hazard to them.
- Household Floor Surface Compatibility
You need to consider the type of floor surface that you have at home. The best baby walker for wood floors has rubber wheels with locking mechanisms because they need to grip on the shiny floors so that the babies will not speed off and injure themselves.
Meanwhile, if you have carpet floors, go for a baby walker that is best for carpet by choosing a non-rubberized walker wheel is the best option because rubber tires cannot roll properly on carpets.
- Compatible with Baby’s Weight and Height
You must also make sure that the push walker you are picking is compatible with your baby’s weight and height. Going for a lighter weight push walker is not ideal for babies who are on the heavier side because it can easily tip over.
- Types of Built-in Toys
You know that you are getting a good deal out of your push walker when it comes to fun and built-in interactive toys. Each model of push walkers has their own toys, while others have built-in lights and music as well, which is great in helping them develop their other skills.
However, avoid picking push walkers with removable small toys or plastic that easily chips off because they can become choking hazards to babies.
12 Product Reviews of The Best Baby Push Walker for Hardwood Floors
These are some of the best baby push walkers for hardwood floors that I have checked and considered when shopping for one for my child. I could only pick one that time but still, I find these walkers quite good and sturdy – one of these could be the baby push walker your baby will love.
1. Kolcraft Tiny Steps 2-in1 Infant & Baby Activity Walker
The Kolcraft Tiny Steps 2-in1 Walker is a two-stage walker that your baby can use during their infancy period and toddler years. It can be a seated walker and then adjusted to a walk-behind. This feature is excellent if you are looking for a bang for your buck because instead of buying two walkers for their different stages, you only have to invest in one.
Furthermore, this walker is skid-resistant, which is what you will need if you have hardwood floors at home. This feature prevents your babies from slipping because it has excellent traction on the wheels. It also has exterior bumpers to help protect your walls and furniture from being scratched.
Aside from that, this walker is adjustable to your baby’s height so it can be comfortable for them. It also has built-in spinning toys, toy loops, bead bars, and floor mirrors to help develop your baby’s motor skills further.
- Easy to assembly
- Plenty of built-in toy
- Dual purpose
- Reasonably priced
- With JPMA certifications
- Not ideal for heavy and tall toddlers
- You have to dismantle it instead of just folding
- 2-STAGES TO GROW WITH CHILD -- 2 stages that grow with child from infant to toddler - Stage 1: Seated activity walker; Stage 2: Walk-behind walker.
- DEVELOPMENTAL ACTIVITIES -- Toys include upright flower mirror toy with crinkle petals and textured stem, spinning toy for batting play and bead bar for motor skill development. Toy loops for attaching baby’s favorite toys
- HEIGHT ADJSTABLE - Height-adjustable seat grows with baby.
2. Delta Children First Exploration 2-in1 Activity Walker
The Delta Children First Exploration 2-in Activity Walker is a versatile product. It is ideal for children who are under 25 lbs. and shorter than 30 inches. It can be used as both an activity walker and a push walker.
What I like most about this walker is that it is ultra-compact. It does not take much space, and it is easy to bring everywhere, and if you are a parent, you know how important that is. It also has a toy tray, which is removable in case you want to feed your child while seated in the walker.
Furthermore, this best baby push walker for hardwood floors is pretty easy to clean. The cover of the chair is removable, and you can just wash it in your washing machine. For the walker itself, you can simply wipe it down with a cloth and disinfectant.
In terms of safety, this walker has JPMA certification, which means that it has met and exceeded the CPSC & ASTM standards.
- Value for money
- Does not need a lot of space for storage
- Low maintenance needed
- Nice design
- Its anti-slip stoppers are not ideal for carpet flooring, but they are great for hardwood.
- Removing the tray is quite a challenge
- 2 IN 1 DESIGN: Transitions from an activity walker to a walk behind walker; RECOMMENDED USE: For children up to 25 pounds; less than 30 inch tall; only use walk behind feature when your child is able to walk on their own
- ULTRA COMPACT: walker folds flat for easy transport or storage; ACTIVITY TRAY: Entertain baby with fun developmental toys and music; Toy tray easily removes to provide clear space to eat (Toy tray requires two AA batteries, not included)
- MACHINE WASHABLE: Chair cover is removable and machine washable for easy clean up; ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT: Three position height adjustment offers the right height as Baby grows
3. VTech Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker
The VTech Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker is an interactive baby walker. It has plenty of toys to choose from, which are detachable. This feature is particularly helpful because it can significantly help keep your babies’ interest in the walker and develop their motor skills.
The toys included in the toy panel are light-up buttons, shape sorters, turning gears, and spinning rollers. Aside from that, this walker also has a built-in telephone powered by batteries, which you can use to simulate role-play activities.
Furthermore, it also has five keys, which produces musical notes. It plays almost 70 sing-along songs, which can help babies develop their sensory skills.
This baby walker has large handles that allow babies to grip it with support comfortably. It also has rubber grip wheels, which makes it safe even on hardwood floors, but if you have carpet floors, you can change the wheel setting to free spinning for better movement.
- Plenty of skills development features
- Gives babies plenty of support for walking
- Very interactive
- Easy to assemble
- Locking the wheels is quite a challenge
- Interactive learning baby Walker has a removable play panel; frustration free packaging means it comes in a plain brown box
- Early learning center has 5 piano keys that play music and encourage creativity; wheels work on carpeted and hard floors
- Features 2 colorful spinning rollers, 3 shape sorters, and 3 light-up buttons that develop motor skills
4. Bright Starts Giggling Gourmet Shop ‘n Cook Walker
If you are looking for a multi-purpose walker, you might want to consider the Bright Starts Giggling Gourmet Shop ‘n Cook Walker. It has four modes, which are sit & play, activities, standing activity table, walker, and shopping cart.
You can use its sit & play mode by removing its cooktop feature on the walker. It allows your child to have cooking-related role-plays reinforced with cooking sounds such as popcorn pos and sizzle.
If your child can stand already, then they might enjoy the standing activity table that this walker offers. They can play with the cooktop on the, or they can convert it into a shopping cart, which is another mode.
The most notable feature of this product is that it can be used as a walker for toddlers. It has large, comfortable handles and grippy wheels for the security of the baby using it.
- Plenty of built-in toys for fun skill development activities
- Easy to assemble
- Nice design
- Value for money
- It is on the lighter side, so it has a tendency to flip over if it does not have weights on it
- 4 modes of play to grow with baby: sit & play removable cook top; stand & play activity table; push & walk behind; and remove cook top for shopping cart
- Popcorn really pops when baby walks or pushes button
- Light up button causes sizzling Cooking sounds
5. Cossy Wooden Baby Learning Walker
This Cossy Wooden Baby Learning walker has a cute rustic fox design. It is made out of high-quality dutch wood that is durable and safe for babies. I personally like the fact that this walker is made out of wood because it is not extremely lightweight like those that are purely plastic; hence they do not flip easily when babies lean their full body weight.
Furthermore, this walker has specialized wheels that not only look cute but also have rubber trims. These trims provide traction on hardwood floors without the risk of causing scratches or loud noises. It also has 34 bright colored blocks for fun activities.
- Easy to put together
- The wheel tension cannot be adjusted
- LOVELY DESIGN—Wooden walker push toy can help your babies practice walking. The walker is a cute fox modeling. It has 34 brightly colored blocks.
- SPECIAL WHEELS—Carefully designed rubber-trimmed setback wheels will protect floors and produce a smaller sound.
- HIGH QUALITY—Our wooden baby walker is made of high-quality wood, firm and durable. This keeps it safe for babies.
6. Melissa & Doug Chomp Clack Alligator Push Toy
The Melissa & Doug Chomp Clack Alligator Push toy is another wooden walker with fun, engaging activities built-in. It has ladybug beads, spinning butterflies, fish on wheels, and three chomping alligators in bright colors, which can be attractive for toddlers.
This best baby push walker for hardwood floors is made of high-quality wood materials with precise craftsmanship. However, it is not ideal for children who are 12 months and below.
This walker also has another nifty feature on its wheels, which makes clicking sounds when moving. This sound encourages the development of both hand and eye coordination and motor skills.
- Easy to put together
- Grippy on a hardwood floor
- The wheel sounds can be a bit annoying
- WOODEN WALKER WITH ENGAGING ACTIVITIES: The Melissa & Doug Chomp & Clack Alligator Push Toy is a wooden activity walker for babies on the move. It features three chomping alligators, fish on the wheels, and spinning butterfly and ladybug beads.
- STURDY CONSTRUCTION AND CRAFTSMANSHIP: Our alligator push toy is made with high- quality materials and assembled to precision manufacturing standards. This keeps it safe for children 12 months and older to use.
- MAKES SOUNDS WHEN MOVED: This child push toy makes a gentle clacking noise when it is pushed. This cheerful toy encourages gross and fine motor skills while developing hand-eye coordination.
7. Prince Lionheart Wheely Bug
The Prince Lionheart Wheely Bug encourages motor development on toddlers with its fun and inspiring design. It has four different animal design options: Bee, Cow, Lady Bug, Mouse, and Pig, which gives you a lot of options.
This product has an easy to grip handle and a multi-directional caster that allows full but safe mobility. It also has a 1-inch sponge layer exterior, which enables children to sit on it comfortably.
Furthermore, this ride-on wheely is made out of PVC-free and non-toxic materials, which makes it ultimately safe for young children. Its base is made out of wood, and it is crafted to have smooth rounded corners to prevent injuries to children and damage to floors and furniture.
- High-quality and kid-friendly materials
- Animal designs appealing to young kids
- Reasonably priced
- Not ideal for toddlers who are only starting to walk
- It goes backwards, forwards, sideways, and round and round
- Helps promote gross motor skills and balance like no other toy
- Its bodies have a padded layer of sponge which is covered with a tough layer of polyurethane.
8. Fisher-Price Learn with Me Zebra Walker
This Fisher price push walker is from one of the most trusted baby gears and toy manufacturers of today. This particular product, the Fisher-Price Learn with Me Zebra Walker, is versatile. It can be used to sit & play activities and as a stand & walk support.
The handles for this walker have a secure grasp design with contours so that babies can comfortably hold it. I particularly like the frame of this walker. It has two front wheels with two large wheels at the back placed in the center. This is because this design adds balance to the walker, so even when the child will use it to pull their full weight, it is less likely to tip over like other walkers.
Aside from that, this best baby push walker for hardwood floors has built-in motor and sensory development toys. It helps your child learn about ABC and shape. It also has lights, music, and bright colors that make it very attractive to young children.
- Durable and sturdy frames
- Fun and interactive toys
- Kid-friendly colors
- The wheels have no locking features
- 2 ways to play!Sit & Play – Tons of hands-on activities to explore – plus a book page to turn or light-up buttons to press for sing-along songs & phrasesStand & Walk – Walker encourages first steps & invites baby to keep moving with fun phrases, music & sounds
- Easy-grasp handle and sturdy 4-wheel base make baby’s steps a little surer
- Teaches ABC’s, 123’s and more!
9. Bright starts 3 way to Play Walker- Ford Mustang
The Bright starts 3 way to Play Walker- Ford Mustang can be used as a push behind walker or a standard sit on walker. Although it has a ford mustang masculine design, it has five color options so those female babies can use it too. The nice thing about its car design is that it allows your babies’ imagination to grow with its removable steering wheels and ford mustang lights and sounds.
Another notable feature of this walker is its adjustable height and position that allows you to customize it according to your baby’s comfort. It also has a square frame that provides optimal balance support to your child.
- Cool design
- The frame keeps the baby safe.
- With push-button mechanisms that make it easy to use
- Not ideal for short babies
- Three modes of play allow this lifelike Ford Mustang walker to grow with baby
- Two can play at once with the normal walker mode and push behind mode
- Safety enhanced with rubber feet that "brake"
10. Pewi Walking Ride On Toy
The Pewi Walking Ride On toy is a product that your baby can use from their infancy to their toddler years. It can be used for sitting, supporting walking, pushing, and riding, so it accommodates the different stages of your child’s development.
This product is made out of aluminum frame while lightweight but durable. It has a molded plastic seat with a foam pad to provide your child comfort.
Furthermore, the wheels on this toy are multi-directional casters, so it gives you child full mobility control. It also has a rubber coating for added grip and floor protection.
- Functional toy
- Can be assembled in 15 minutes
- Does not take plenty of storage space
- Durable frame
- Only good for a flat and seamless surface
- TERRIFIC RIDE-ON: The Pewi is YBIKE's enhanced educational and developmental ride on “walking buddy” push toy for children age 9 mo. to 3 yrs. For indoor and outdoor play on smooth, level surfaces
- FUNCTION: For riding, pushing, sitting, and supported walking; this versatile design accommodates your child’s developmental stages. Provides lasting fun and functionality
- CREATIVE: Award-winning design helps toddlers develop important motor and cognitive skills such as balance, coordination, strength, confidence, and spatial awareness, all while at play
11. InspiraSpark Little Balance Box 2-in1
The InspiraSpark Little Balance Box 2-in1 is perfect for children who tend to be overwhelmed by moving walkers. It does not have wheels on it, so it allows children to transition from kneeling to standing up safely. However, it can be easily pushed when your baby decides to start walking on floor surfaces.
Its ergonomic design with a broad open base allows it to provide plenty and balanced support to your child. The balance box can also be used as a toddler table for arts and crafts, so it is multiple purposes.
- Easy to assemble and use
- Value for money
- Multiple purposes
- No fun toys included
- No Wheels - spring loaded feet move up and down, allows the Little Balance Box to glide safely over level carpet, tile and wood floor surfaces.
- Recommended Use - when a baby can independently pull to a standing position and is learning to balance.
- Ecofriendly Compact Design - invented a mom and physical therapist. Made from lightweight bamboo, BPA and PVC Free! Great fit for small spaces and dual function as a toddle table!
12. Hape Wonder Walker
The Hape Wonder Walker might be for you if you are searching the market for classic-looking best baby push walker for hardwood floors. It has a rustic, painted wood design with built-in interactive toys that help not only your child’s spatial development but also other motor skills.
It is made with durable wood material and precise craftsmanship. It is also finished with non-toxic paints for babies. Aside from that, this push walker has rubber-trimmed wheels that provide traction and protection for hardwood floors.
- Classic design
- Well made
- Reasonably priced
- Assembling the product can be a challenge
- Moveable knobs, gears, and colorful balls offer five different activities
- Develops coordination and fine motor skills
- Carefully designed rubber-trimmed setback wheels will protect floors
There you have it. Those are some of the best push walker options in the market, but among them, the Fisher-Price Learn with Me Zebra walker is the clear winner in my eyes. This is because compared to other products, this was the only push walker with a fully balanced design with two wheels in front and two at the back.
Furthermore, it has plenty of interactive toys, music, and lights for the sit-on mode to help develop your child’s motor and spatial skills. Above all that, it is reasonably priced and well made, so you get value for your money.
Last update on 2021-07-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API