The Angelcare AC1300 can provide parents with peace of mind when they are not physically in the room with their little one. This intuitive baby monitor includes high-quality video and a movement sensing pad.
The combination of these features allows you to keep a close eye on your baby’s movements and sounds. It lets you rest peacefully knowing you will be alerted if no motion is detected for longer than 20 seconds.
Reliable Video Baby Monitor for a Worry-Free Baby Caring
The Angelcare AC1300 Baby Monitor is similar to the Angelcare AC1320, but the AC1300 monitor includes the motion sensor pad. It is similar to the Babysense 7 monitor but is more affordable.
Angelcare has been creating devices to assist parents with monitoring their children for over 20 years. Along the way their products have continued to advance and have become popular among parents. You can check out our review on Angelcare baby monitors.
The AC1300 is a great example. Its portable camera enables parents to watch a high-quality video feed from any room in the house at any time of day. The movement and breathing sensor add an extra layer of protection, giving parents the confidence to leave their baby sleeping peacefully in their crib.
- Breathing and movement sensor pad
- Range of 820 feet
- High-quality color video with infrared night vision
- Temperature control/alarm
- Portable video unit
- Short battery life on the parent unit
- Low sound volume on the parent unit
- No two-way talk feature
Baby monitors have become standard pieces of nursery equipment. These devices allow you to keep a close eye and ear on your child when you cannot be in the room. They are especially helpful during the night when your infant is sleeping in their own room separate from you.
There is a wide variety of baby monitors. Some have video, some have audio-only, and some have both. Additionally, more advanced models, like the Angelcare AC1300 have sensing pads that detect movement and breathing. They can then issue an alert to the parents if something is amiss.
If you have a young infant or even a toddler then the Angelcare AC1300 would likely bring you great peace of mind. If you have an older child and are not as keen on knowing their movements or breathing, then you could probably use a video or audio-only monitor.
What’s the Angelcare AC1300 monitor range like?
The Angelcare monitor AC1300 has a range of 820 ft. This is a pretty far range in the world of baby monitors.
However, the provided manufacturer ranges are “open field” ranges which means the distance given is how far the signal reaches in a field with no obstructions. In a house where there are walls and other items, the range may be less.
Can it pair with more than one camera at a time?
It is not possible to pair the parent monitor with more than one camera. Only one camera and one movement sensor can be paired at a time.
Does this monitor have one or two parent units?
The AC1300 only has one parent unit.
The AC1300 scores high in Angelcare monitor reviews due to its innovative and parent-friendly features. The first of which is their sensor pad.
Sensor Pad. This monitor unit includes a wired sensor pad. The pad is placed under the mattress to track movement. It can even track subtle movements like breathing. Many solely audio and video monitors cannot detect breathing. Should there be no motion detected for longer than 20 seconds parents will be alerted via the parent unit.
This can be very helpful to parents of newborns or young babies, especially when they are sleeping in a different room from their child. The sensitivity of the pad is adjustable, allowing you to tailor it for your child.
It can be extremely reassuring knowing you would be alerted should anything happen while you were asleep. The audio and sound can be turned off and you can use solely the movement pad if you so wish.
Video Feed. Aside from the movement sensor pad, there is also traditional audio and video monitoring. The video is displayed on the large 3.5-inch LCD screen. The picture is digitally secure, so you don’t have to worry about anyone else looking at your child.
The high-quality video provides a crystal-clear picture of your baby when you can’t be physically in the room. When your child gets older, you can use the video and audio feed without the movement sensor.
Talkback & Sound Quality. The parent unit unfortunately does not have a talkback feature. It does have an audio feed though. You will be able to hear any noise your child makes, if they wake up crying out for you in the night, the monitor will alert you. As your child grows, you can use the audio feed to monitor them while they play in their room or have some quiet time.
Night Light & Night Vision. The nursery camera does have a night light, a calming feature for children. The camera is equipped with night vision as well.
This enables you to check on your child, disruption-free, throughout the night. You can easily see if they need you to come to them, or if they are settling back down.
Battery Source & Life. The camera and movement pad must remain plugged in at all times. The movement sensor pad has included cord covers, a thoughtful addition for safety.
The parent unit includes an AC adapter and rechargeable batteries. It has a decent battery life when it is unplugged. Should the battery run low, the unit will alert you.
Other Alerts. Aside from low battery and no-movement alerts the parent unit can help keep you “in the know” in other ways. It has a temperature alert feature so you can know how warm or cold it is in your baby’s room.
The color bars display the noise level so you can be aware of how upset your child is without having to keep the audio on, perfect for when others are trying to sleep. The parent unit also includes brightness control, an audio “Tic” feature, out of range alert, and a unit locator function.
Angelcare has truly thought of every parent’s concern and possible want when designing this monitor.
Additional Camera Features. In addition to infrared night vision, the camera includes digital zoom and adjustable angels. Not only can you watch your child while they are sleeping, but you can also move the camera to keep an eye on them while they are playing in their room.
Angelcare AC1320 Monitor
The Angelcare AC1320 is very similar to the AC1300 but with one distinct difference, it does not have the movement sensor pad. These two monitors have the same 3.5-inch LCD screen with a clear video and audio feed. Besides, they have the same camera that includes a nursery night light, zoom, adjustable angel feature, and night vision.
Parents with very young children, such as a newborn baby, may prefer the AC1300 as it has the movement sensor pad. Those with older children could probably get by with the AC1320.
Similarities and Differences:
- Both have the same camera and features
- Both have the same parent monitor and audio/video features
- The AC1320 does not have the movement sensor pad
- The AC1320 cost less
If you are looking for just an audio/video monitor then check out the AC1320.
- Additional features - Out-of-Range Indicator. - Nursery Night Light. - Low Battery Indicator. - Zoom In & Zoom Out. - Adjustable Camera Angle. - Parent Unit Locator. - Batteries or Mains Operated.
Angelcare 3-in-1 AC527 Baby Monitor
Another alternative is the Angelcare 3-in-1 AC527 Baby Monitor. This system is a step up from the AC1300 it includes a new wireless breathing sensor pad that works in much the same way as the old one just without needing to be plugged in.
The parent unit has a larger screen at 5 inches. The entire system, including movement detection, video, and sound comes pre-paired.
The camera has been redesigned as well and can be wall-mounted or set on a table top. It has a sleek new look that displays the room’s temperature and communicates with the parent unit via low energy Bluetooth.
Similarities and Differences:
- Both have movement detection, audio, and video
- The AC527 has a redesigned camera that displays the temperature and can sit on a tabletop
- The AC527 movement pad has been revamped and is wireless
- The AC1300 is more budget-friendly
For parents who want the latest and greatest, the AC527 is worth a look.
- Wireless Baby Movement Sensor Pad with 4 adjustable sensitivity levels
- After 15 seconds of no recognized movement, the monitor will sound a preliminary beep to rouse your baby
- An alarm will sound after 20 seconds if no movement is detected
Finally, we have the Nanit Plus. This is a top of the line monitor, and it has the price tag to match. The Nanit connects with a device (such as iOS, Android, or Echo) and displays both audio and video.
It has a variety of notifications and alerts. It can measure things like the temperature and humidity of the nursery. Additionally, the camera pairs with an app to provide sleep tracking, guidance regarding sleep, and even captures of video.
The Nanit camera also offers two-way audio and soothing sounds.
Similarities & Differences:
- Both the AC1300 and the Nanit Plus offer audio and video
- The Nanit Plus does not offer breathing/motion monitoring unless you buy the accessory
- The Nanit Plus pairs with an app instead of a parent unit
- The Nanit Plus offers sleep tracking, video capture, and guidance via the app
- The Nanit Plus camera has two-way talk and soothing sounds
- ALWAYS BE CONNECTED: Get a crystal clear HD bird's eye view of your baby, day or night from anywhere on your iOS, Android, Kindle Fire, or Echo Show device. Hear or speak to your baby with two-way audio. Listen while using other apps or even when your screen is turned off with background audio. Receive real-time sound and motion notifications with adjustable sensitivity. Plus, monitor the temperature and humidity of the nursery to ensure they're comfortable.
- SLEEP TRACKING & GUIDANCE: Nanit gives you your baby's sleep stats each morning, plus a timelapse highlight reel of their sleep, so you can rewatch their entire night in seconds. Get personalized, science-backed sleep guidance and tips from the world’s leading pediatric sleep experts, right in your Nanit app.
- MAKING MEMORIES, MADE EASY: With Nanit Memories, your Nanit camera captures your baby’s finest moments automatically right in your app. Celebrate fun moments and growth milestones every step of the way, wherever you are. Share with friends and family, and hold onto their Memories forever.
Baby monitors have become a vital piece of nursery equipment. But they have come a long way from the traditional audio-only monitors.
The Angelcare AC1300 is a great example of a modern monitor. It provides high definition video, crystal clear audio, and even movement/breathing detection.
All of this information is displayed on a sleek parent unit equipped with alerts and notifications to keep you in the know. This is an excellent monitor to provide peace of mind to parents of newborns and infants – we think it’s reliable enough, but only if the few cons it has doesn’t bother you that much.
Have thoughts on this baby monitor? Share with us in the comments below!
Last update on 2021-07-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API