Nowadays, most baby monitors have cameras that come with night vision. They use infrared lights to maximize the available ambient light in the room so you can have a clear view even when the lights are dim. This feature helps parents ensure the safety of their children, especially at night.
CDC reported that there are about 3500 babies that are lost to sleep-related deaths yearly. The mortality cases are attributed to accidental suffocation, sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS), and other unknown causes.
Since this feature allows you to see your baby clearer at night, you will have peace of mind knowing that he’s safe and sound. But which best night vision baby monitor should you get? In this article, we highlighted our top eight best baby monitor picks to help you decide on that ideal night vision baby monitor for your home.
Top 8 Picks of The Best Night Vision Baby Monitor OF THE YEAR
Must-Have Features for the Best Baby Monitor with Night Vision Camera
Here are some of the features you should look for in a good night vision baby monitor:
Night Vision Video Clarity
There’s no specific standard for gauging or ranking the low light performance of cameras for night vision video baby monitors. You would find statements of manufacturers telling you the effective viewing distance (the maximum distance between you and the baby that you can get a good view).
However, this parameter won’t give you an idea of how clear the images will be under low light conditions. To have an idea, you should search online for cameras or videos that the camera of the video baby monitor provides in actual use.
The higher the resolution of the camera, the detailed the images will be. The more detailed the images, the clearer the videos feeds will be.
Pan, Tilt, and Zoom
If you want to have full control over your viewing angle and experience, choose a camera that can pan (move from left to right) and tilt (shift down and up). If you want to be sure of your baby’s movements, you should also go for the best night vision baby monitor with a camera that has digital zoom.
A good night vision baby monitor will give you a great field of view of the nursery and is recommended for parents with toddlers since they are already active and may move from one corner to another.
The range refers to the maximum distance between the parent unit and monitor where you can still receive enough signal for your feeds. When looking at the range, make sure to check the indoor range of your night vision baby monitor. A long-range monitor allows your parent unit to detect signals at a considerable distance without losing connection easily.
The larger the screen, the easier it will be for you to see and watch your baby’s movements.
Go for digital monitors as those are more secured and less susceptible to interference.
Nice-to-Have Features of a Night Vision Baby Monitor
Here are some non-essential yet nice-to-have features that can help you monitor and take care of your baby better:
With the remote control of the camera’s position or angle, you don’t have to go to the nursery and risk waking up the baby.
Sound and Motion Sensors
Most units come with eco or battery-saving modes. The screen is turned off during inactivity when on these modes.
To help you monitor your child even while saving battery, most of the baby monitors come with sound and motion sensors. Once they detect movement or sounds from your baby, the screen will turn back on. You may also be notified through sound-activated LED lights or vibration alerts.
Baby monitors with night light will provide you enough brightness to change your baby’s diapers without disrupting his sleep if need be. Additionally, nightlight is also good so you won’t have to fumble with the buttons on the monitor.
If you have twins or plan on monitoring several rooms in your house, choose the best night vision baby monitor that is expandable and pairs up with more than one camera. After all, buying an add-on camera is much more affordable than buying another monitor.
A Closer Look at the Best Night Vision Baby Monitors
Here are some of the best night-vision baby monitors you can find in the market:
1. ANMEATE Video Baby Monitor
The ANMEATE Video Baby Monitor is one of the smallest baby monitors you’ll ever see. But don’t judge this monitor based on its size as it has incredible features that make it a great night vision baby monitor.
It is said to have a high-definition night vision camera that will give you a clear and crisp image of your baby when the lights are dim thanks to the camera’s 8 infrared LED lights.
For the ultimate viewing experience, you can manually pan the camera at 360 degrees and tilt at 60 degrees. It also has 2x zoom magnification for a closer look at your child.
One of the features that would come handy for you if you want to see your baby from different angles is the video monitor’s expandability. You can pair it with up to 4 cameras that you can place in separate rooms or different corners of your nursery.
Not only that, the baby monitor with camera and night vision has an outstanding transmission range of 960 ft, making it an excellent choice for large homes.
- Most affordable
- High-quality color LCD screen
- Eco mode VOX setting and Sound activated LED lights
- 4 built-in lullaby songs
- Multi-camera expandability
- Short electric cord
- Pan and tilt should be done manually
- High quality color screen: This unique baby monitor features a High Resolution Display with 2x zoom magnification for comprehensive coverage. The 2.4” screen can deliver streaming live view whenever you check in.
- High definition night vision & temperature monitoring: This baby monitor with camera has 8 infrared LED Lights and could constantly monitor babies’ activities. Other built-in features include automatic night vision and temperature monitoring.
- Two way talking & long transmission range: The video monitor covers a transmission range of up to 960 feet.You could play 4 soothing lullaby songs or use the two-way talk back intercom function to comfort your babies.
2. HelloBaby HB65 Baby Monitor
The HB65 is one of the most advanced baby monitors from HelloBaby. We included it in the list as its design and features have come a long way from the old models. Also, it packs in a lot of great features for a monitor with an average price.
This is also one of the few monitors that come with an automatic night vision feature. With this feature, the camera will automatically shift from day to night mode when there’s low light in the room. When in the night vision mode, the camera will give you visibility for up to 15 ft.
The monitor’s added features are its ability to pan (355 degrees), tilt (120 degrees), and zoom (2x the magnification). As if that’s not enough, you can control the camera’s angle and position remotely.
This is another expandable baby monitor that can be paired with up to 4 cameras. When you purchase the monitor, you will get only one camera. The excellent news is Hello Baby’s add-on cameras are affordable and cost only half of the price as that of other brands.
- Crystal clear two-way audio and 8 pre-programmed lullabies
- Audio-only mode with sound level LED indicator
- Plug-and-play setup
- Comes in two colors—black and gold
- Two VOX settings—high and low
- Poor night vision quality
- Grainy view when zoomed
- Narrow field of view so it can’t cover the entire nursery
- Large LCD Display & Safe Wireless Technology: This video baby monitor come with a 3.2" LCD display. Application of frequency hopping and digital encryption technology ensures secure and reliable connection.
- REMOTE PAN TILT and ZOOM &3.2" LCD DISPLAY: Remote control camera rotate 355° in horizontal and 120° vertical ensuring you always have a clear view of your baby from any angle.
- SMART FEATURES:The crystal clear two-way audio feature allows conversation both ends as clear as if you were in the same room with your little one. Room temperature monitor and alert, night vision, lullaby, sound level LED indicator, audio only mode.
3. Nanit Plus Smart Baby Monitor
Nanit Plus is the most advanced and the only WiFi-connected wireless baby monitor with night vision in the list. This is also the only monitor that will give you the bird’s eye view of your little one, which is the best angle if you want to see your child’s movement during the day and at night. To get this view, it is placed right by your baby’s crib.
Aside from its fantastic angle and pristine video quality, with the Nanit Insights sleep tracking and guidance feature, you can receive your baby’s sleep patterns stats and a few expert sleep tips.
This smart Wi-Fi baby monitor also offers a time lapse where you can see your child’s movement throughout the night.
Since it is connected to the WiFi, this best night vision baby monitor has an unlimited range. This means that you can watch over your baby wherever and whenever. The app is Alexa-enabled and can be used with almost all devices (tablets and smartphones).
If you’re worried about the connection, you’ll be happy to know that Nanit Plus can continue streaming over WiFi even if your internet connection goes down. In this way, you’ll never miss your child’s activities.
- Sound and motion alerts with adjustable sensitivity
- Breathing monitoring with Nanit Breathing Wear (sold separately)
- Humidity sensors and relaxing sounds
- Comes with a stand for wide-angle view or on-the-go purpose
- Nightlight directed upwards to avoid interruption of baby’s sleep
- Too expensive
- Requires subscription to access sleep data
- Pairing and setup is a bit complicated
For an in-depth review of this monitor, watch this video:
- STAY CONNECTED: Two-way audio, background audio, and remote viewing from anywhere.
- SLEEP TRACKING AND ANALYSIS: Get your baby more sleep with sleep tracking and personalized sleep guidance, and see how they improve over time.
- BEST VEIW OF YOUR BABY: Day or night, see and hear your baby 24/7 with HD live streaming, unparalleled night vision, and zoom to get in close. Plus, Nanit works over Wi-Fi, even when internet is down.
4. Axvue E632 Video Baby Monitor
Axvue may not be well-known, but this E632 baby monitor delivers value to its users. For one, the parent unit is designed for the perfect viewing experience. With the 5.0-inch screen offers a 16:9 widescreen view with 64K colors, so you’re sure to enjoy crisp, vivid, and detailed images and HD video.
The night vision feature of the camera is also to die for. With the camera’s 6 IR lenses, you can view up to 30 feet in the dark so you can monitor your baby even if the lights in the nursery are dimmed. While you have no option to pan or tilt the camera, you can zoom in and out of your baby 2x so you can check how he’s doing.
The monitor works with up to 4 cameras, and the good news is the basic package already comes with 2 cameras! You can control which feed you will view by switching from one camera to the other. You can also set it in auto scan mode so you can automatically switch from one feed to the other every 10 seconds.
- One-key fast operation
- 3-level VOX feature—low-medium-high
- Power-saving screen which automatically turns off when there’s no activity
- Adjustable volume (5 volume levels)
- Split-screen function
- Cameras can’t be tilted remotely
- Short battery life
- HIGH RESOLUTION AND LARGE SIZE COLOR SCREEN & TWO CAMERAS FOR TWO ROOMS - 5.0 inch TFT-LCD, Quick Video Response, Least Video Latency Between Cameras and Monitor.Baby camera is plug and play, no set up required. Monitor is paired with two cameras before it comes to you. Switch to the camera whichever you want. Screen could be set to switch automatically every 10 seconds.
- CLEAR VIDEO SOUND & 2.4GHZ CONNECT - The video baby monitor has great video and sound. Night vision video is clear in white & black. Baby monitors are using enhanced 2.4GHZ wireless technology which prevent signal drop outs, range up to 1000ft without barriers
- LARGE CAPACITY BATTERY & VOX MODE - Baby call monitoring last 8 hours with VOX-on (power saving mode), VOX mode is power saving mode with sound activated, you could focus on your things until the monitor is activated by child unit sound
5. Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor
Here’s one of the best baby monitors that are designed to give you full viewing control! The night viewing camera works with 3 interchangeable lenses—Normal Lens, Optical Zoom Lens, and Wide Angle Lens. If you want to monitor your baby at night, you can use the zoom lens, while the wide-angle lens gives you a great view of the entire nursery.
The Infant Optics DXR-8 is also one of the few video and audio monitors with an invisible IR night vision, so your baby’s sleep won’t be interrupted. For your convenience, you can also change the camera’s angle (pan and tilt) remotely. This means you don’t have to go to your baby’s room just to arrange it the way you want!
Another feature that it’s known for is its expandability. Infant optics DXR-8 can accommodate up to 4 cameras so buy an add-on camera unit if you want to monitor rooms in your home or you have twins!
When paired with two or more cameras, the monitor will go on scan mode and show the cameras’ feeds alternately. You can know more about this baby monitor here.
- Lightweight and portable
- Remote thermometer and alarm function
- Comes with extra monitor unit charging cable
- Durable parent unit casing
- 2018 Popular Mechanics Best baby Monitor Award Winner
- Small screen
- Wide-angle lens sold separately
Get to know how it works by watching this video:
- 2018 AWARD WINNER: Popular Mechanics Best Baby Monitor, 9/25/18
- Interchangeable optical lens capability: allows you to customize viewing angle and zoom
- Unlike internet cameras: no loading time to open app. Instant playback, lag-free, and does not hog up your smartphone screen thanks to a dedicated 3.5” screen
6. eufy Video Baby Monitor
Let’s begin with eufy video baby monitor’s massive 720p 5-inch screen, which displays detailed and sharp images and HD videos, so you will never doubt what your baby is doing.
On the other hand, the camera will give you a 55-degree field of view. It comes with a twist on a wide-angle lens that will expand your field of view to 110 degrees. You can also the lens at 330 degrees or tilt it at 110 degrees.
The camera’s night vision capabilities are also quite astounding as it can offer you 16 feet of black-and-white video. If you’re not satisfied with that, you can zoom the image to 1.5x and 2x.
Since this best night vision baby monitor can pair up to 4 cameras, you can keep an eye on your baby in whatever room he is in. With its 460 ft transmission range, you can monitor your baby wherever you are inside your home.
- Comes with a durable kickstand that can last for up to 3000 operations
- Sleek light bulb design
- Sound-activated alerts/ Vox setting/ Temperature Display
- Second longest battery life—17 hours
- Includes corner wall mount
- Lacks a few useful features—motion sensor, lullabies, and remote access
- Hard-to-navigate controls
- Sweet Dreams on the Big Screen: The large 5" 720p video baby monitor display shows a sharp picture with 10 times more detail than ordinary 240p-display baby monitors.
- Ready for Their First Steps: When your baby starts to walk and run around, just attach the included lens to expand the view to 110 Degrees. No need to purchase another lens.
- Pan from Pillow to Pinky Toes: Pan the lens 330° to see corner-to-corner and tilt 110° to see floor to ceiling.
7. Babysense V24US Baby Monitor
If you’re looking for a video and audio baby monitor that gives you lot of options, you may want to check Babysense V24US Baby Monitor out.
The monitor comes in different screen sizes—2.4″ and 3.5″. You can also choose from two packages with 1 camera, with 2 cameras, and with 2 cameras and a wide-angle lens. Even with the viewing experience, you’re given two options– split-screen or auto scan view.
The monitor’s features are designed for your convenience too. When the camera detects dim light, it will automatically switch to night vision. The camera’s pan and tilt ability are also impressive—360 and 60 degrees. You can also take advantage of its 2x digital zoom, so you can check closely what your baby is doing.
It is also expandable and can pair with up to 4 cameras. To monitor more rooms, you can purchase add-on cameras. With its 900 ft range, it will be easy for you to keep track of your baby in the different parts of your home!
- 6 pre-programmed lullabies
- Voice-activation eco-mode and Sound-activated LED lights
- Portable parent unit
- Out of range, low- or high- temperature display, and low battery alerts
- Adjustable brightness and volume level on the parent unit
- Small screen display
- Short power cord
- Manual Pan/tilt
- HAVE A PEACE OF MIND – Our Baby Monitor with Camera allows monitoring your baby’s sleep with 2.4 Inch High Quality Color LCD Display, providing high quality and stable streaming, secure hacking-free connection and crystal clear digital vision & sound. Your baby deserves the best care.
- SOOTHE & COMFORT YOUR BABY: Use the two-way audio or the programmed lullaby sounds to calm your baby remotely. So you can comfort your baby with the sound of your own voice, sometimes our little angels just need to hear our voice!
- STAY CONNECTED TO YOUR BABY – There's nothing more stressful than not knowing what your little one is doing. That is why our Babysense portable baby monitor features long range of up to 900 feet (OPEN SPACE), which does not require wifi (no hacking risks) and allows you to move freely in your house or yard and sleep better at night.
8. Moonybaby Split 60 Video Baby Monitor
The Moonybaby Split 60 Video Baby Monitor may not be the most affordable baby monitor, but it has everything you need to monitor your baby at night!
To begin with, the monitor is expandable and already comes with two cameras! Both cameras automatically switch to night vision mode under low light conditions. They also can pan, tilt, and zoom.
As if that’s not enough, you also have the option to use a wide-angle lens, which gives you a 170-degree view of the nursery.
With its 4.3-inch screen, you can easily spot every movement that your child makes with this night vision baby monitor. That’s not all! Since the monitor already comes with two cameras, the parent unit provides two viewing options.
One option is the split-screen that allows you to watch the images in both cameras simultaneously. Another choice is the scan mode with the two cameras auto-switching every 10 seconds.
Apart from the ability to switch viewing modes, it has an outdoor range of 1000 ft, which is impressive.
- Longest battery life—18 hours
- Pre-programmed 5 lullabies
- Already includes camera wall mount
- Sound-activated LED lights
- Low battery, temperature display, and out-of-range alerts
- Parent unit loses signal frequently
- Can only accommodate 2 cameras
- 【See Your Precious】The 4.3” Large screen is accompanied with a high-resolution display, remote Pan-Tilt-Zoom camera, auto night vision, zoom functions. It allows you to clearly see your baby enjoying sweet dreams or playing in the room, whether during the day or at night.
- 【From Infant to Toddler】Your baby becomes more and more curious about the world as he/she turns into a toddler, and will begin his/her little adventures around the house soon. This baby monitor supports up to 2 cameras, making it the best option for monitoring different rooms. Use "Screen Split" to view 2 monitors simultaneously, and choose one camera with audio. Also suitable for a growing family!
- 【Don't Miss a Thing】Stay connected to your child with the 2-way talkback function. Having a monitor providing undelayed, crystal-clear video and sound up to 1000ft range, this specification allows you to easily check-up on your baby to know if they are doing well, while you are busy doing chores in another room. The high-capacity battery provides 12 hours monitoring, battery life can be further extended when you turn on the power-saving mode, so you won't miss a moment.
Which is the Best Video Baby Monitor Night Vision?
The best night vision baby monitor will allow you to ensure that your baby will sleep soundly and safely at night. For this function, the device must deliver excellent video quality, right angle, full viewing options (zoom, pan, and tilt), and sound or motion alerts.
With that in mind, our winner for this roundup is no other than the Nanit Plus video baby monitor. Its feature like a bird’s eye view is the best way to see your child clearly in all angles while he sleeps. The breathing monitoring feature and sleep patterns tracking and guide are also amazing features that will give you more peace of mind.
However, if you prefer a slightly more affordable option with great features intact, you may want to check our runner up– Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor. Its wide array of lenses will help you get the best viewing experience so you can monitor your baby better at night without sacrificing video quality.
Last update on 2023-05-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API