Do you feel guilty when you have to be away from your baby when doing your other tasks?
Mom guilt is a real thing, and a lot of moms experience it. What if we tell you that there’s a way on how you can still monitor your baby’s movement and make sure she’s safe while fulfilling your other obligations at home?
Yes, there is! And it’s all possible thanks to the availability of long range baby monitors! In this article, let us explore the best long range baby monitor that will suit your needs.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Long Range Baby Monitor
Now that we’ve got the basics down pat, it’s time that we figure out how to choose the best long range baby monitor for you. To do that, we have to take into account the following factors for this baby gear:
Range refers to the maximum distance you can travel with the parent unit and still receive a good signal from the monitor.
The range that manufacturers indicate in their product descriptions and packaging are quite outstanding. If you would look at it closely, you would discover that the indicated range refers to the distance that the signal can travel in an open space.
If you plan on using the monitor inside your home, you will have to take a look at the indoor range. This is the type of range that takes into consideration the walls and other obstacles inside your home.
Audio or Video
Audio baby monitors allow you to hear your baby, but you won’t get to see him. The advantage of this baby monitor type is audio signal transfers faster and better than a video signal.
On the other hand, the video signal offers the benefit of letting you see and watch your baby. However, the video feed may be interrupted and delayed, especially if you have lots of walls or obstructions.
This refers to the strength of the monitor. Please keep in mind that other electronics in your home that works on the same frequency may interfere with the monitor’s signal. A lot of baby monitor use 2.4GHz frequency while those that work on DECT technology of 1.9GHz frequency that is separate from other household devices seem to have less background noise.
Analog or Digital
The use and performance of analog monitors can be hindered by the signals of other electronics in your house that use the same frequency.
On the other hand, interference will not be a problem with digital monitors. It is also less susceptible to hacking. But of course, these advantages come with a price, so this is only an excellent option for you if you have the money to splurge on the best long range baby monitor and a great connection at home.
As mentioned, digital monitors are not prone to hacking. Sadly, the feed of analog systems and the signals from audio monitors can be intercepted by other people.
If you want to preserve your baby’s privacy, a digital video monitor is your best option.
Size of your Home
The bigger your home is, the higher the range must be. The best long range baby monitor usually can go up to 1000 ft in range and above.
Make sure that the monitor has a good enough battery life span. This refers to the number of hours you can use the monitor at a single charge.
For your baby’s safety, the cord and the monitor must be 3 feet away from him so he will not be able to reach it. You should ensure that the monitor’s cord is long enough to position your camera safely.
Some of the basic features that best long range baby monitor have include alarms, night vision, volume control, two-way talk, LED light notification, and nightlight function.
8 of the Best Long Range Baby Monitor for 2020!
Here’s everything you need to know about the best long range baby monitors of 2020! Please take note that all baby monitors in the list come with features such as two-way talkback, temperature monitoring, LED sound indicator, and night vision (except for the audio only baby monitors).
1. Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor
The Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor has a decent outdoor range of 700 feet that makes it into our best long range baby monitor list. On the other hand, the indoor range is only up to 4 walls and 65 ft. Because of this, it may not be suitable for large homes with lots of walls and other barriers.
However, we included this on the list because of its unique feature– it has an interchangeable lens, and you have three options.
First is the standard lens, which offers a view close enough to monitor your baby and his immediate surroundings. The second one is the Zoom lens that will allow you to have a close-up view of your baby’s expressions while he sleeps. These are included in the monitor’s standard package.
Lastly, we have a panoramic lens, which provides a 170-degree panoramic view of the room. This is a great option when you want to monitor all your baby’s movements, especially when he starts to crawl. You can buy this separately.
- Easy to assemble
- Different swinging speeds
- Very comfortable for the babLow to no risk of hacking as it uses encrypted FHSS radio signal
- Maximum audio level of 86 dB, which is better than most monitors.
- Can pair for up to 4 cameras.
- Extra charging cable.
- Ability to pan, tilt, or zoom the camera remotely.
- Poor video quality
- 2020 Award Winner: Babylist Best Baby Monitors Of 2020 *(Awarded On January 8, 2020)
- Perfect Size & Weight Ratio - No Large Batteries To Power Energy-Hungry Large Screens. The Dxr-8 Is Light-Weight And Portable, Designed For True Mobility Around The House. 10-Hr Battery Life On Power-Saving Mode, 6-Hr With Screen On
- Full Viewing Control - The Dxr-8 Is A Baby Monitor With Camera Features Such As Pan/Tilt/Digital Zoom And Interchangeable Lens. Fit The Zoom Lens To See Even Closer, Or Zoom Out With The Wide Angle Lens. Expandable Up To 4 Cameras
2. SereneLife USA SLBCAM10 Video Baby Monitor
The SereneLife USA SLBCAM10 Video Baby Monitor is known for being heavy-duty and is perfect for traveling use. According to its manufacturer, this device has a signal range of up to 850 ft so you can be assured that you will stay connected to your baby even as you work in the backyard or stay in two different rooms during travel.
As a portable baby monitor, it has a 2-inch screen for watching the video feed. You can pan the room 360 degrees and tilt the camera by hand up and down up to 60 degrees to adjust the best angle to monitor your baby from a fixed position. The monitor will automatically switch to night vision during low light conditions, without any bright screen glow that will disturb you and your baby’s sleep.
The pre-set melodies and lullabies help to soothe your baby to sleep or at signs of discomfort. The walkie talkie mode goes both ways, allowing you to call and also have two-way talking from the speaker.
It comes with built-in rechargeable battery so you can conveniently hook it to a plug point and charge during use. The sweet feature of this baby monitor is you can still receive alerts while your monitor is still charging.
- Wireless FHSS Transmission technology ensures 100% privacy
- Great for travel as it is portable
- Has melodies and lullabies
- Rechargeable battery that is built-in
- Cannot set alarm or timer
- Small screen
- Not expandable
- UPGRADED LONG RANGE 850’ Long distance baby monitor keeps an eye on your child from anywhere in your home (and can even work a short distance outside) Dependable 2 4 GHZ wireless frequency is more reliable than cameras that work with home WiFi
- SCREEN SLEEP MODE Enable VOX mode and the digital screen will sleep while no sound signals detected No unwanted screen glow when monitoring camaras from your bedroom nightstand Set alarm in monitors settings for nap wakeup
- TEMPERATURE MONITORING Thermometer in the cam top measures the crib or room temperature Make sure your babies are comfortable in summer or winter Built in baby monitor night vision system will activate when optics sense low light
The Vtech DM221 Audio Baby Monitor has an operating range of 1000 ft outdoors. Indoors, you can enjoy a range of up to 160 feet, which is already a pretty decent range for its low price.
The best feature of the Vtech DM221 baby monitor is its DECT 6.0 Digital technology. This ensures crystal-clear transmission with no interference. It also eliminates all white noise inside the room so you can hear your baby clearly. This technology also uses a secure signal for your baby’s privacy.
You can set its nightlight function in two modes. The first one is it can be used as a constant nightlight. The second option is to set the monitor to light up only when your baby makes sounds.
- Vibration alerts while on mute
- 5-level graphic bar indicators to let you know the volume level of the baby’s sounds when on mute
- Can be used to play lullabies
- Belt clip for portability
- Most affordable baby monitor in the list
- Not suitable for countries with 220V requirement
- Parent unit unlinks to monitor frequently
- No temperature monitoring feature and LED noise indicators
- CLEAR AUDIO AND LONG RANGE - DECT 6.0 technology provides clear audio transmission, eliminating annoying background noise while allowing you to move from room to room. Up to 1,000 feet of range lets you stay connected to your baby from another room
- 5-LEVEL SOUND INDICATOR AND 2-WAY TALK-BACK INTERCOM - LEDs on the parent unit indicate the level of sound in your baby's room so you can visually monitor the noise level. The built-in intercom on the parent unit lets you talk to your baby from any room
- NIGHT LIGHT ON THE BABY UNIT - A soothing light on the baby unit gently illuminates a dark nursery. Both the parent unit(s) and baby unit allow you to turn on or off the nighlight on the baby unit
Philips Avent Dect Audio Baby Monitor SCD720/86 provides a maximum outdoor range of 1000 ft and an indoor range of 160 ft. Manufactured by Philips, a technology company that is renowned globally, it is one of the few baby monitors that are embedded with the advanced DECT Technology.
With this, you can enjoy zero interference. This ensures that you can listen to your baby without interruptions. This technology also provides a private and secure connection, so you are assured that no hackers can listen to your baby’s movements and sounds.
The unique feature of this monitor is it comes with the Smart ECO Mode, which will automatically minimize the required audio transmission when you’re closer to your baby. The closer you are to your baby, the less power the monitor consumes. As a result, you can save battery and prolong the battery’s lifespan.
- Nightlight mode and built-in lullaby function
- One-button night mode switch
- Docking station for charging
- Vibration sounds, dimmed lights and display while on night mode
- High price when compared to other baby monitors with the same features
- DECT technology provides zero interference & a private connection
- Night light and lullabies to calm your little one
- Talk-back feature, talk remotely to your baby
The HelloBaby Baby Monitor has what the company claims to be an ultra-long range of 960 feet. However, that is for outdoors only. There is no provided information about its indoor range. The good news is it comes with an out-of-range alert that will let you know once the monitor is no longer within range.
This is another baby monitor that uses the FHSS Technology so you can enjoy a stable streaming experience and interruption- and interference-free connection. It also ensures a private and secure connection to protect you and your baby. This is a great baby monitor for travel due to its portability.
The main highlight of this monitor is its large 5-inch screen that shows crystal-clear 720p images and videos. It promises to display images in real-time and without any delays.
That’s not all! This is the one baby monitor with a camera that can rotate at 360 degrees horizontally and 120 degrees vertically. With this, you can easily monitor your baby’s movements wherever he is in the room! Additionally, this is a great baby monitor for travel due to its portability.
- Built-in white sounds and lullabies
- Nightlight function
- Remote zooming, panning, and tilting of the camera
- Multi-expandability feature for up to 4 cameras
- Most affordable baby video monitor in the list
- Short battery life (only 7 to 8 hours)
- Poor night vision quality
- Poor power button quality
- HAVE A PEACE OF MIND – Monitor your baby’s sleep with the most advanced High Quality Color LCD Display with Enhanced 2.4GHz FHSS Technology. Our premium video baby monitor provides high definition and stable streaming, secure interference-free connection and crystal clear digital vision & sound.
- CALM, COMFORT & SING TO YOUR BABY with your own voice using the most advanced 2-way talkback communication technology. And when the baby can’t sleep or needs to be calm, you can make use of the in-built lullabies with white sounds. It’s a perfect match.
- WATCH YOUR BABY EVEN FROM OUTSIDE YOUR HOUSE as the baby camera has ULTRA-LONG RANGE of up to 960 feet open space. When you get too far you’ll get notified by the out-of-range warning.
The Dragon Touch DT50 has a maximum outdoor range of 1000 ft, placing it as the second longest range baby monitor along with Vtech DM221.
What we love the most with this monitor is the 90-degree angle of its camera as it allows you to see the baby and its immediate surroundings without any tweaks needed. But if you want to keep track of your baby’s movements and see the areas of the nursery, you can get more comprehensive coverage by using the camera’s tilt or pan function.
If you’re afraid that you will miss out on your baby’s movement, the monitor’s auto-motion tracking feature will give you peace of mind. With its motion detection feature, it can track your baby’s motion and alert you every time your baby moves.
It offers an audio-only mode which would come handy for times when you want to save battery. This works well with the monitor’s Vox mode wherein the screen will automatically turn on when your baby starts crying.
- Pre-paired parent unit and monitor for easy set up
- Pairs up to 4 cameras.
- Mounting hardware included
- Automatic activation of Night mode in low light activates
- Gentle IR light for baby’s comfort
- Customizable sound detection sensitivity for your comfort
- Outdated lullabies collection
- PAN TILT and ZOOM: Remote control camera rotate 350° in horizontal and 90° vertical ensuring you always have a clear view of your baby from any angle. 2 x Zoom allows you to get bigger video.
- AUDIO BABY MONITOR ONLY: It allows you peace of mind if you do not want to be disturbed by video at night. The monitor will be turned on automatically when the camera detects the sound even when the screen is off.
- LARGE 5 INCH LCD SCREEN: 5 Inch Color Screen with Digital Zoom and Pan/Tilt function, this video baby monitor allows you to watch your baby from 360°angle.
The Angelcare 3-in-1 AC327 Baby Monitor has an outdoor range of 820 ft. It is not as long as other baby monitors but the surprising thing is, it has an outstanding indoor range which falls between 262 to 328 ft!
Aside from its decent indoor range, the reasons this monitor made our list is because it provides more than a video and audio of your baby. It also monitors your baby’s breathing movements!
It does that with the use of a non-touch breathing sensor pad that is placed under your baby’s mattress. Unlike other breathing monitors that use wearable monitors, the sensor pad offers no-contact monitoring so your baby won’t feel uncomfortable.
For your peace of mind, the monitor will alert you when it didn’t detect any breathing movement within 20 seconds. You can also read our Angelcare Baby Monitor Review to know more.
- FHSS technology protects data from hackers.
- BLE technology to save power
- Pre-paired camera and parent unit for quick setup
- Adjustable sensor’s sensitivity level to decrease risk of false alarms
- Suitable only for infants since sensor pad is small
- New wireless SensAsureTM Breathing Sensor Pad : an alarm will sound if absolutely no movement is detected after 20 seconds
- Non-contact monitoring: No electronic devices touching the sensitive skin of your baby
- 4.3’’ Parent Unit & Camera Unit with Temperature indicator
The Time Magazine called this monitor as one of the “Best Inventions of 2018” and for good reasons too. Among all the monitors in the list, this is the longest range baby video monitor, simply because it has unlimited range!
This is because the monitor is not paired with a parent unit. Instead, you can access an HD live stream of the camera’s feed on all your existing devices (phone, tablet, and Echo Show) even if you’re at work!
It is the only monitor that lets you watch your baby from a bird’s eye perspective, so you can see all the corners of his crib.
On top of that, the baby monitor provides reliable sleep tracking and guidance. You can access your baby’s sleep stats through the Nanit App or Alexa in the morning. It will also provide you with a time lapse of your baby’s sleep so you can watch how he sleeps in just a few seconds!
This is also a great alternatve to baby monitors like the Angelcare AC1300. Learn how to set up this baby monitor through this video:
- 256-bit encryption and 2-factor authentication for data protection
- Smart sensors provide real-time motion and sound alerts with adjustable sensitivity.
- Flexible cable management for both mounting options (wall and floor)
- Ceiling-directed dimmable soft glow light for uninterrupted sleep
- Works even if WiFi is down
- Double the price of other products.
- Short warranty period (1-year)
- ALWAYS BE CONNECTED: Get a crystal clear HD bird's eye view of your baby, day or night from anywhere on your iOS, Android, Kindle Fire, or Echo Show device. Hear or speak to your baby with two-way audio. Listen while using other apps or even when your screen is turned off with background audio. Receive real-time sound and motion notifications with adjustable sensitivity. Plus, monitor the temperature and humidity of the nursery to ensure they're comfortable.
- SLEEP TRACKING & GUIDANCE: Nanit gives you your baby's sleep stats each morning, plus a timelapse highlight reel of their sleep, so you can rewatch their entire night in seconds. Get personalized, science-backed sleep guidance and tips from the world’s leading pediatric sleep experts, right in your Nanit app.
- MAKING MEMORIES, MADE EASY: With Nanit Memories, your Nanit camera captures your baby’s finest moments automatically right in your app. Celebrate fun moments and growth milestones every step of the way, wherever you are. Share with friends and family, and hold onto their Memories forever.
Which is the Best Long Range Baby Monitor For You?
The baby monitors in the list have everything you need—security, long range, extra features, right frequency, and many more. But of course, there are just ones that stand out because of their advanced features.
For us, the best long range baby monitor is no other than the Nanit Plus Smart Baby Monitor.
Aside from being the baby monitor with best range (it has unlimited range!), it also has some innovative features that will undoubtedly be useful to parents. These include sleeping stats, flexible cable management, well-thought-of privacy settings, and unmatched reliability.
Last update on 2020-12-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API