Babies are expensive, there is no doubt about it! After you purchase all of the essentials, shopping for a stroller can be daunting. You want a stroller that is safe and comfortable but you don’t want to spend an arm and a leg. If only you could shop for the best affordable strollers!
Well, fret no more, we have lined up some great inexpensive strollers that will keep you, your child, and your wallet happy. Our list includes some of the top baby stroller picks like:
- Best Value: Safety 1st Smooth Ride Travel System
- Best for Infant: Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Travel System
- Best for Toddlers: Kolcraft Cloud Plus Stroller
- Best Double Stroller: Joovy Scooter X2 Double Stroller
- Best for Travel: gb Pockit Travel Stroller
- Best for Jogging: NexGen Chaser Jogger Stroller
Why Choose Affordable?
Luxury strollers are all the rage these days, but for most of us, budget-friendly is better. These strollers can provide you with many great features, an intuitive design, and a little style at a much lower price than their designer counterparts.
Difference Between a Luxury Stroller and a More Affordable Stroller
The difference between a luxury stroller and a more affordable stroller is predominantly price. Luxury strollers cost well over $500 with some even surpassing $1000. Luxury strollers often have a few other characteristics as well.
Top of the line materials, intuitive design features, and a sleek style are just a few aspects of a luxury stroller. However, they may or may not have more features than an affordable stroller.
Affordable strollers may not have leather handles or performance fabrics, but they are typically just fine for most families. Cheap strollers tend to cost well under $500 and have a modest design, appearance, and amount of offerings.
If you don’t have a lot to spend, have a large family, or just want to devote your money to other things, then you need to find the best budget stroller!
There are several budget stroller types, including:
- Regular strollers
- Umbrella strollers
- Jogging Strollers
You can find single and double budget strollers for regular use, such as for walking or strolling in the city. You may also be able to find a budget specialized stroller, like a running or jogging stroller, though these are rarer. Umbrella strollers tend to be the least expensive. However, they also provide the fewest features.
The best affordable strollers can have a variety of designs, offerings, and styles; just like luxury strollers. Even though your budget is limited your choices don’t have to be.
Shopping for best affordable strollers is just like choosing any other baby product. There are a few things to keep in mind, most importantly, your child’s wellbeing.
- Safety: The first thing to consider is safety. Definitely do not skimp on the safety features just to pay a lower price. Vital safety items include seat belts, brake systems, and a stable frame.
- Price: Of course, the price plays heavily into your decision. You want to find a budget stroller price, but remember a stroller is often an investment. If you choose wisely you can use your stroller for years to come and many times with multiple children.
- Weight Capacity: A cheap infant stroller may use cheaper materials, and as a result, it cannot hold as much weight. It is typically wiser to find a stroller with a higher weight capacity. This way, you can use the stroller for longer as your child ages. It may be more expensive but it will be worth it in the long run.
- Convenience Features: A stroller can have convenience features for both parents and those riding. Trays with cup holders, carry straps and flip-flop friendly braking systems are just a few options. Convenience features help to make the ride more comfortable and enjoyable for everyone involved.
- Durability: Don’t forget durability. Look for a stroller that will stand the test of time, and toddlerhood. If you purchase a high-quality stroller you will be able to use it throughout multiple childhoods.
#1 Kolcraft Cloud Plus Stroller
If you are looking for cheap good strollers, consider the Kolcraft Cloud Plus Stroller. It is as light as a cloud and as comfy as a plush cloud! It is a Disney-sized approved stroller, and at only 11 pounds it can go everywhere with you. Parents will not only love the ease of use but also the large storage basket and parent tray complete with a cup holder.
Kids will be cozy in this stroller too. It has a reclining seat that is plushly padded and can hold up to 40 pounds. It also has a spacious child’s tray and a canopy with plenty of coverage. This is one of the best affordable baby strollers for travel.
- Disney size approved
- Includes parent tray and child tray
- Roomy storage basket
- One-handed fold
- Wheels lock separately
- Difficult to open
- LIGHTWEIGHT -- Travel friendly lightweight design (only 11.8 lbs), perfect for traveling and day trips. Disney Size Approved!The assembled dimensions are 17.6 x 29.9 x 41.7 inches
- EXTENDED CANOPY -- Three-tier, extended canopy for maximum UV protection. A peek-a-boo window so you can easily keep a watchful eye on your baby.
- EASY ONE-HAND FOLD -- Convenient one-hand and self-standing fold, perfect for car travel and vacations. Folded Dimensions: 18" W x 12" d x 34" h. All-terrain wheels and front suspension for a smooth ride
#2 Summer 3Dlite Convenience Stroller
The Summer 3Dlite Convenience Stroller is another stroller that is super for travel but also great for every day. The durable aluminum frame, combined with the anti-shock front wheels and the locking rear wheels make for a smooth and safe ride.
The heavily padded child seat has four recline positions and can accommodate up to 50 pounds. Your child can use this stroller for years comfortably.
A carry strap and an auto-locking fold make it a cinch to store. It has a lower basket, a rear pouch, and a cup holder to hold all of your belongings. It is easy to store and has plenty of storage.
- Canopy is removable
- Includes carry strap
- Auto-locking fold
- Locking rear-wheels
- Anti-shock front wheels
- May not suit taller children
- Front wheels prone to locking up
- LIGHTWEIGHT – A lightweight stroller makes any outing a little easier! The Summer 3Dlite Convenience Stroller has a durable aluminum frame that weighs just 13 pounds and has a large seat area, plus anti-shock front wheels and lockable rear wheels
- FOR TRAVEL AND EVERYDAY – Whether you’re traveling or just on the go running everyday errands, having a lightweight, compact stroller is a must! With this one easy to use stroller, you’ll have both an everyday and travel stroller option
- 4-POSITION RECLINE - Keep your little one comfortable and safe at all times with the 4 position recline and 5 point safety harness. Maximum weight of child for this toddler stroller: 50 pounds
#3 NexGen Chaser Jogger Stroller
The NexGen Chaser Jogger Stroller is truly a great stroller for a low price. It is perhaps the best inexpensive stroller for jogging. Large wheels and a thick wheel post make it very safe. Additional bearings keep this stroller simple to use while being very sturdy.
A huge canopy, replete with a peekaboo window, and a flip-out visor are two features you won’t always find in a budget stroller. A parent tray with a cell phone positioner and two deep cup holders is awesome for jogging. The child tray also includes two cup holders and a swing-away feature for easy access.
This is a great sporty stroller for fitness enthusiastic parents.
- Parent tray
- Swing-away child’s tray
- Canopy with peek-a-boo window and visor
- Oversized bicycle tires
- Reclining seat
- No auto-locking feature
- Bulky even when folded
- Innovative Race Tec Wheel Design includes large wheels, a thicker wheel post, and more bearings to provide more security and stability
- UPF 50+ canopy with extended sun visor and Peek-A-Boo window
- Ergonomic handle with angled sides for improved comfort when jogging and Fully adjustable 5-point safety harness
#4 Safety 1st Smooth Ride Travel System
Moving on to the Safety 1st Smooth Ride Travel System, a delightful everyday stroller. One awesome feature about this stroller that you won’t find with other cheap strollers for your baby is that it is car seat compatible. When your child is large enough for the stroller seat they will appreciate the recline and spacious tray.
Parents will delight in the one-handed fold and the self-standing storage option. This best value stroller is effortless to use from the newborn stage through childhood.
- Car seat compatible
- Large lower storage basket
- Self-standing fold
- Child & parent tray
- Flip-flop friendly brakes
- Stroller is bulky
- Straps are hard to adjust
- Agile wheels for maximum maneuverability. Stroller is for use with children who can sit up unassisted, and is not recommended for newborns
- Rear-facing 4-35 pounds, Plush fabrics for an extra comfy ride. The stroller can hold weight up to 50 pounds
- Side impact protection: QuickClick ensures car seat attaches securely to stroller with one simple click – no need to wake baby
#5 gb Pockit Travel Stroller
The gb Pockit Travel Stroller is a modern, new stroller that is perfect for travel. It can hold up to 55 pounds but only weighs 11. It has an innovative folding system that enables it to fold down to a very compact shape, 11 x 7 x 13 inches in size. It can even fit in an overhead bin.
While in use, it is easy to manage. The seat is cozy and has an adjustable torso length feature. Parents will find it easy to steer with the padded handles and even easier to carry along wherever their journey takes them. This is definitely one of the best affordable strollers to get!
- Innovative 2-step compact fold
- Adjustable torso length on the child seat
- Overhead canopy
- Locking swivel wheels
- Lower storage basket
- The seat does not recline
- Joints may weaken with prolonged use
- WORLD'S SMALLEST FOLDING STROLLER - With its innovative two-step folding design, the Pockit is the 2014 Guiness World Records most compact stroller folding down to 11.8 inches x 7 inches x 13.8 inches and a weight of 9.5 pounds
- SMALL BUT STRONG - Built using high quality, durable materials, the Pockit can hold a child from 6 months up to 55 pounds as well as 11 pounds of gear in its convenient storage basket
- PERFECT FOR DAY TRIPS OR EXTENDED TRAVEL - For families with a passion for local or overseas travel and exploring, Pockit is the quintessential choice as it stows away easily in any plane or train overhead bin, or just stowing away in the car
#6 Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Travel System
Next up is the Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Travel System that also has a double stroller version. This is the best cheap stroller if you have an infant. It is car seat compatible so you can attach your car seat in a breeze. The huge bicycle tires keep the ride smooth and comfortable, whether you are strolling or jogging.
After your child grows out of the car seat, they will enjoy the spacious child seat. A child tray keeps snacks close at hand while a parent tray provides easy access to your essentials. It has safety essentials like a running tether, reflectors, and a braking system. Keeping you in control 24/7.
- Car seat compatible
- Includes child tray and parent tray
- Huge canopy
- Running tether strap
- Extra-wide ergonomic handle
- Wheels prone to deflating
- May wobble when walking with wheels locked
- Large bicycle tires roll effortlessly over all surfaces
- Convenient Parent Tray with 2 Cupholders
- Front Swivel Wheel for easy maneuvering, locks for jogging
#7 Delta Children City Street LX Side by Side Stroller
Two children and looking to travel, if that sounds like you then check out the Delta Children City Street LX Side by Side Stroller. It is a lightweight, side by side stroller that is perfect for cruising the streets. It has plenty of features and provides two of each for each child.
There are two canopies, two storage bags, and two attachment points on which to secure the parent cup holder. Each child also has their own footrest. Though it is a double, its lightweight frame and intuitive fold allow it to collapse like a double stroller. You can take both of your children anywhere, including through standard-sized doorways!
- Two canopies
- Two storage bags
- Parent cup holder
- Umbrella-style fold
- Shock-absorbing front wheels
- Wide handles can be difficult to push
- Front wheels prone to seizing
- Recommend for children up to 35 pounds; Large European style canopy; Two storage bags and parent cup holder with two attachment points; Meets Disney size requirements
- Five point safety harness; 360 Degree swivel shock absorbing front wheels
- Lightweight frame; Compact umbrella fold for easy storage and travel
#8 Joovy Caboose Ultralight Graphite Stroller
The Joovy Caboose Ultralight Graphite Stroller is an excellent stroller for parents of children of different ages. It offers a plush child seat as well as a sit and stand option. Car seat attachment is available too! It is easily a single stroller that can transform into a top double stroller for those with multiple children.
The child seat is cozy and secure with a 5-point harness, padding, and a large canopy. The bench seat is safe as well with a three-point lap belt. Your child will also love standing on the stable riding board.
A lower basket offers space for everyone’s stuff. From birth to toddlerhood this stroller has got every family member covered!
- Sit or stand option
- Car seat compatible
- Large lower basket
- Huge canopy
- Includes child tray
- Bulky when folded
- Child seat cannot recline when the bench seat is in use
- Most compact and maneuverable double stroller available allows your older child to sit and stand on the rear platform or bench seat
- Includes a Universal Car Seat Adapter that fits most major brands. Check the Joovy website for the most recent list
- 3 position front seat recline and larger sun canopy. Also compatible with the Caboose Rear Seat that adds a full size, forward facing rear seat; Maximum Child Weight: 45 lbs each seat, 90 lbs total
#9 Baby Trend Double Sit N Stand Stroller
The Baby Trend Double Sit N Stand Stroller is a highly maneuverable in-line stroller. It provides seating for more than just two. It includes two child seats with car seat attachment capability and a ride-along platform/bench seat.
As a great stroller for twins or siblings, this is one of the most affordable baby strollers with a variety of riding options. Each child seat has a removable swing-away tray, complete with a cupholder. Both seats also include a large canopy that provides plenty of shade. Parents aren’t forgotten and will appreciate the parents’ tray, cup holder, and humongous lower basket.
- Four different seating options (2 child seats, riding platform, bench seat)
- Car seat attachment capability
- One-handed fold
- Includes child trays and a parent tray
- One-tap rear brake system
- Basket is difficult to access
- Wheels are not the most durable
- Children can sit in the front and rear seats of this stroller or stand on the rear platform
- Removable rear seat converts stroller to traditional Sit N Stand. To clean the seat pad, use only mild household soap or detergent and warm water on a sponge or clean cloth
- One hand fold is fast and easy to use, large basket for storage. BPA free
#10 Graco Verb Stroller
Next up is the Graco Verb Stroller. Despite its lightweight model weighing less than 20 pounds, it can effortlessly carry your baby from newborn stage to toddlerhood. The child seat can recline nearly flat and can accommodate a car seat, with a 3-point and 5-point harnesses in place.
The stroller comes with a parent tray and child tray as an added convenience to your strolls. It also includes a carry strap so you can easily bring the stroller with you in the outdoors. With enhanced portability, this stroller is sure to be a family favorite among other best affordable strollers in the market.
- Includes child tray and parent tray
- Super lightweight, only weighing 18.85 lbs
- Car seat attachment compatible
- Lockable front swivel wheels with suspension
- Self-standing fold
- Wheels are not made of rubber, may not be durable
- Storage basket is small
- Accepts all Graco Click Connect infant car seats with a secure, one-step attachment to create your own custom travel system
- Suspension gives your child a smoother, more enjoyable ride on different terrains
- Locking front-swivel wheels provide easier maneuverability and more control when you're out and about with baby
#11 Jeep Destination Ultralight Side x Side Double Stroller
If you would like a lighter and more compact double stroller, take a look at the Jeep Destination Ultralight Side x Side Double Stroller. It has a narrow footprint and a lightweight frame. It is very durable though with its water-resistant fabrics and aluminum frame.
When in use, the seats are spacious and versatile thanks to their multi-position recline and adjustable calf support. When not in use the stroller simply folds up and then can stand on its own. A convenient carry strap makes traveling with it a cinch!
- Self-standing fold
- Includes carry strap
- Quick-release wheels
- Padded, swivel bumper bars
- Cannot attach infant car seats
- Foam handle prone to deteriorating
- RECOMMENDED USE: Each seat holds up to 40 pounds (80 pounds total). Canopies feature pop out SPF 50 sun visors to shield little ones. Peak a boo windows allow you to keep an eye on your children. Swivel bars make it easy to get children in and out
- LIGHTWEIGHT: This stroller features an aluminum frame. Weighs 28.66 pounds. Storage bin provides plenty of room for toys, snacks, etc. Double stroller features 1680D fabric that is durable and water resistant
- SIZE: Assembled dimensions (in inches): 29.5 (width), 36.2 (depth), 41.7 (height). Folded dimensions: 29.5 (width), 30 (depth), 13.4 (height). Easy/compact standing fold, foam handles and carry strap for easy storing or traveling. Quick release wheels
#12 Joovy Scooter X2 Double Stroller
Finally, the Joovy Scooter X2 Double Stroller. A side by side that can hold a hefty 90 pounds while still fitting through a standard doorway. Children will love the spacious seats that recline and offer adjustable lower leg support. The extra large storage basket has plenty of room for two diaper bags.
For parent essentials there is a stroller organizer with two pockets and two cup holders. It is effortless to travel with two children and all their stuff thanks to the Joovy Scooter X2. When it is time to pack up you will love the one-handed flat fold.
- Fits through standard doorways
- One-handed flat fold
- Includes parent organizer and cup holders
- Linked rear parking brake
- Sealed bearing wheels for maneuverability
- Seats share a bumper bar and canopy
- Fits through standard doors and navigates narrow checkout lines
- Adjustable extra-large sun protection canopy with a peek-a-boo window
- Each seat can independently recline in infinite positions. Adjustable footests.
An Awesome Affordable Stroller
Great strollers don’t have to break the bank. Our best value pick, the Safety 1st Smooth Ride Travel System is proof of that. This everyday stroller is comfortable, convenient, and packs in just enough features.
It can be used from the infant stage through toddlerhood, making it a wonderful investment. Budget strollers may not have a fancy design or luxury materials, but they are often great pieces of childhood gear that are incredibly useful.
What do you think of our best affordable strollers in the list? Do you have anything to add?
Share with us your thoughts below!
Last update on 2021-10-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API