It is always a great joy when you have a baby, and happiness is doubled when it’s a pair of twins! However, it can be a challenge keeping tabs on your babies ─ you can’t be around them the whole time just to watch over them because you need to do chores, sleep and rest too.
That’s where a baby monitor becomes a lifesaver for parents to have some off-duty moments without feeling worried about their babies’ status. Usually, the baby monitors on the market target at monitoring one baby but what about twins?
We have researched and compiled a list of the best baby monitor for twins to help you figure out the right one to get. If you can’t wait to know our favorite picks right away, here they are: Our favorite goes to the Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor for video baby monitor.
Both of our favorites may not be most affordable baby monitors for twins but we feel these two picks will allow you to gain that peace of mind you are looking for.
Eager to learn what we have in store for this list? Let’s find out!
- Do I Really Need a Monitor for My Twins?
- The Different Types of Baby Monitor Best for Twins
- The Best Baby Monitor PICKS for Twins
- Alternative Best Baby Monitors for Twins: Movement Monitors
- Choosing the Best Baby Monitors for Twins
- Watch Over Your Babies with A Peace of Mind
The short answer to this question is yes, if:-
- You need to be away quite frequently from your babies
- Your babies sleep in another room
- You are concerned about your babies’ movement at night
- You wish to check on your babies without disturbing their naps and sleeps
A baby monitor is a useful baby gear to check on your babies. The device will alert you at the first signs of something amiss, whether your baby is crying from hunger and soiled diapers, or having trouble breathing due to risk of SIDS (although it isn’t a surefire way to prevent it).  A great perk of having a monitor for your twins would be to get alerts at night while you’re asleep.
There are a few types of baby monitor: Audio monitors, video monitors and movement monitors. An audio-only monitor comes without any screen, and is used to hear babies’ cries and sometimes soothe them.
While you can get an audio-only monitor for your twin babies, the best baby monitors should include video. A video baby monitor (also known as baby cam) allows you to watch them from the parent unit, mobile or computer screen. This is especially useful as you are caring for two babies at the same time.
Another great alternative to video baby monitors is getting movement monitors. Like the name suggests, a movement monitor tracks your baby’s breathing movement usually via wearable clips, socks or bands. Some movement monitors act as a stationary device placed under the crib mattress that signals the parent unit if the baby is not moving within a set time frame.
We have listed down six video monitors best suited for monitoring two little ones and allowing you some worry-free shut-eye that you deserve.
Angelcare is one of the top picks and brands when it comes to baby monitors, and that is because it is the pioneer of such a device. And as a pioneer of things, we expect no less from their 3-in-1 AC327 Baby Monitor.
This baby cam is made up of one parent unit with 4.3” screen and a camera unit that has a temperature indicator. It detects your babies’ breathing, movement and sound all in one gadget without the need to use your mobile phone.
This monitor relies on 2.4GHz FHSS encrypted transmission. An alarm will sound when there’s no movement detected after 20 seconds, thanks to the wireless non-contact breathing sensor pad.
You can have up to two cameras with this monitor plus an extra sensor pad, perfect for checking on your twin babies. Night vision facility is present as well as the two-way talkback feature, which makes this one best video baby monitor for twins.
- Non-contact with babies
- Dual cameras especially best for night vision
- Multipurpose, with multiple separate cameras
- Low energy and wave emission, safe for babies
- Low battery life
- No lights for buttons makes it difficult to use in the dark
Related: Angelcare Baby Monitor Review
- Wireless Baby Movement Sensor Pad with 4 adjustable sensitivity levels
- After 15 seconds of no recognized movement, the monitor will sound a preliminary beep to rouse your baby
- An alarm will sound after 20 seconds if no movement is detected.Clean only with a dry cloth
An up-and-coming favorite baby monitor for twins among parents, DBPOWER Video Baby Monitor is one of the decently long-range baby monitors to have, with the ability to cover up to 900 feet of field range.
The baby monitor is easy to setup. The camera works without the internet for an all-time secure connection yet does not disappoint in terms of delivering high picture quality and night vision. Those who prefer a large screen two cameras will delight at the 5” LCD screen parent display that cycles between views for up to 4 cameras, making it one of the popular choices among parents in the best monitor for twins department.
This monitor allows you to remote pan-tilt-zoom the 720p camera. You can pan 350 degrees side to side, tilt 120 degrees top to bottom and zoom in two times to check on your little ones. Battery life is pretty decent – you get about 8 hours of use on audio and 5 hours of use on video monitoring.
Sound and volume are clear and adjustable to your preference. Also, it has the ideal night vision, two-way communication and room temperature monitoring features that make it easier to monitor your bundles of joy. You can also set a feeding alarm as a reminder and choose between the 5 lullabies to keep your babies comforted.
- Easy setup
- Large 5″ LCD screen
- Two cameras, expandable up to 4 cameras
- High resolution camera
- Rechargeable battery
- Sound handheld monitor can be too sensitive
- Menu on parent unit can occasionally become unresponsive
- 【More Clear Real-Time Images】5” LCD Screen with 1080P high-resolution camera, which ensures the high quality of the image with 10 times more detail than ordinary 240P-display baby monitors. Night Vision Sensor makes the dark night still clear.
- 【No Worries to Miss Any Demands from Your Baby】Two-Way Audio, External Thermostat, Lullabies, Feeding Reminder meets all the needs of your babies.
- 【360° Monitoring the Baby】Pan the lens 350° and tilt 120° to see floor to ceiling. features 2X zoom to check the details.
Another best video monitor for twins, the Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor sports a lightweight and portable baby monitor and camera for on-the-go dads and moms.
You can pan, tilt and zoom the camera remotely via the parent unit. It comes with interchangeable optical lens so you can either zoom in 2 times for a closer look of your babies or zoom out for wide angle panoramic view up to 170 degrees (the wide angle lens is sold separately though). You can expand up to 4 cameras, which is great for monitoring two babies at the same time (even as they grow much older!).
Its battery life performance is great, living up to 12 hours on audio-only mode, 10 hours on power saving feature and about 6 to 8 hours for live screen. A replacement battery is also included. This device uses 2.4GHz FHSS transmission for secured monitoring.
The automatic infrared night vision lets you watch over your kids clearly at night, with the option to dim the monitor screen. The audio quality is clear and with the two way talk feature, it’s easy to comfort your babies.
- Lightweight and portable, good for travel
- Excellent video quality
- Good long range connection up to 1000 feet
- Automatically switches between day mode and night vesion mode
- High quality audio
- Potential power cord issues
- Some users report inaccurate temperature sensor
- 2020 Award Winner: Babylist Best Baby Monitors Of 2020 *(Awarded On January 8, 2020)
- Perfect Size & Weight Ratio - No Large Batteries To Power Energy-Hungry Large Screens. The Dxr-8 Is Light-Weight And Portable, Designed For True Mobility Around The House. 10-Hr Battery Life On Power-Saving Mode, 6-Hr With Screen On.Care & Cleaning: Spot or Wipe Clean
- Full Viewing Control - The Dxr-8 Is A Baby Monitor With Camera Features Such As Pan/Tilt/Digital Zoom And Interchangeable Lens. Fit The Zoom Lens To See Even Closer, Or Zoom Out With The Wide Angle Lens. Expandable Up To 4 Cameras
The VTech VM321-2 Safe & Sound Video Baby Monitor is one best dual baby monitor to have. This device brings baby monitoring to the next level with five soothing melodies to lull your babies to dreamland, long lasting battery that holds up to 12 hours of single-charge use and a split screen view capability that allows you to view your precious little ones side by side on screen.
Zoom in from the parent unit to look at your babies closely without interrupting their sweet dreams. You can pair up to 4 additional cameras, and camera angles can be manually adjusted to your viewing preference. It is also nice to note that the 2.8” parent display comes with detailed, full color screen picture quality that automatically transitions into night vision when the lights are out.
Related: Dream of Baby Dying
You can monitor your babies’ sound activity on the parent monitor with 6 levels of indicators even when the device is muted. This baby monitor also comes with two-way audio and can reliably detect signals up to 1000 feet apart since it works using DECT 6.0 technology.
You will receive visual cues and beeping sounds when your babies are crying or when the baby’s room temperature monitoring is out of range. This monitor operates on rechargeable batteries with low battery alert feature.
- Clear audio and video quality
- 6-level sound baby camera monitoring
- Split screen baby monitor viewing
- Long and good battery life
- Camera cannot be adjusted from parent unit
- Small screen
- This configuration includes one parent unit (monitor) and two baby units (cameras)
- When you charge the battery pack initially or it has not been used for a long period of time, charge it for 12 hours continuously. It takes longer to charge the battery when the parent unit is turned on.
- High resolution 2.8" color LCD screen - never miss your baby's smile
If you are looking for the best twin baby monitor that is easy to operate and gives you the versatility to use on the go, check out HelloBaby HB65 Baby Monitor then!
It comes with a 3.2” LCD screen that is large enough to see your babies’ details without the parent monitor giving you a bulky feeling. You can remotely adjust and rotate the camera to scan the room 120 degrees top bottom and close to 360 degrees left right. Camera video quality is good even with night vision mode on, and you can pair up to four cameras.
There’s also temperature detection and lullabies, and the two-way talk back feature gives a clear two-way communication. You can also turn on its audio-only mode when video is not necessary.
This baby monitor can also maintain connection within 960-foot range outdoors. Stay connected with your babies with its stable wireless 2.4GHz connection between the parent unit and camera, as well as its sound level indicator that tells you the intensity of their cries. As it does not require WiFi or a mobile app to work, you don’t have to worry about data hacking over the line.
- Simple plug-and-play setup
- Portable, good for travel
- Decent camera quality & night vision
- Affordable baby monitor option
- Not very durable
- Poor battery life
Further reading: Best Baby Monitor for Travel
- Large LCD Display & Safe Wireless Technology: This video baby monitor come with a 3.2" LCD display. Application of frequency hopping and digital encryption technology ensures secure and reliable connection.
- REMOTE PAN TILT and ZOOM &3.2" LCD DISPLAY: Remote control camera rotate 355° in horizontal and 120° vertical ensuring you always have a clear view of your baby from any angle.
- SMART FEATURES:The crystal clear two-way audio feature allows conversation both ends as clear as if you were in the same room with your little one. Room temperature monitor and alert, night vision, lullaby, sound level LED indicator, audio only mode.
Love watching your babies on a large high-definition screen? Then Babysense Baby Monitor will be ideal to keep an eye over your little ones. It has a pretty 5-inch screen with vivid, clear imaging equipped with two cameras for viewing at different angles in one baby’s room or two.
You can add up to four surveillance cameras with this baby cam. Control these units from the comforts of your portable parent device ─ tilt 70 degrees vertically, scan horizontally up to 350 degrees wide, or magnify images 2 times zooming in! The baby cam works up to a range of 960 feet, connected via 2.4GHz FHSS enhanced tech for a secure, hack-free monitoring.
The monitor does a great job displaying detailed views with its night mode though. It has VOX mode, which is cool to have to conserve the monitor’s battery life. Soothe your babies to sleep or calm them down, either with pre-programmed songs or your voice via the two-way audio monitor.
Another feature includes a sensor for temperature, in which you will receive alerts when temperature goes out of range. This is one of the best baby monitors for twins to own in your home.
- Awesome large HD display
- Power saving feature is available
- Great for surveilling two separate rooms
- Sound and mic quality not up to expectation
- Not a split screen baby monitor
No products found.
Perhaps you are just looking for movement monitors for your twins? Consider our following picks then (you will need two units for two babies):
1. Babysense 7 Under-The-Mattress Baby Movement Monitor
Babysense 7 Under-the-Mattress Baby Movement Monitor is one sensitive baby gear, effortlessly picking up your babies’ every single movement. Place the two sensor pads under your infants’ mattress and watch the monitor work its magic via a camera control unit that can be affixed to the side of the crib.
This monitor does not need to be in direct contact with your babies so there’s no risk of them pulling at the device. The highly sensitive sensors lowers the chances of getting false alarms as they are able to detect even the smallest of movements.
An alarm will be sounded if there’s no movement or a slowdown of movement within 20 seconds. You can also get visual cues from the camera control unit’s light: green when good, flashing red when something goes wrong.
This infant movement monitor is a perfect addition if you already have a video and audio monitor, you only need one set then. Otherwise, you will need one for each twin to monitor them separately.
- Very sensitive to baby’s movement
- Hack-proof as it operates without cord or internet
- Low battery usage, with batteries lasting up to 6 months of use
- Only monitors movement, no extra sensors
- A digital monitor limited to one crib per set
- HSA/FSA APPROVED - Babysense is a highly sensitive device that monitors and detects even the slightest baby's movements through the mattress.
- The Original non-contact infant monitor - Now with enhanced sensitivity - Lower chance of false alarms.
- Babysense sounds an alarm alerting to check the baby if no movement is detected within 20 seconds or if the movement rate slows to less than 10 micro-movements per minute.
2. Levana Oma Sense Breathing Movement Monitor
For a rather new contender in the market, the Levana Oma Sense offers a lot of great features parents will love in watching over their infant twins. This movement monitor is in the form of a single compact wearable clip that you can attach to your babies’ diapers, boasting small sized portability that is simple to use to check on your babies’ breathing.
Designed and produced in Canada, this product will flash its blue light indicator every 30 seconds when your baby is doing fine. It will gently wake the child via its WakeUp technology when there’s 15 seconds of movement inactivity with an indicator light on. If there’s little to no movement after another 5-second wait time, an alarm will sound for you to quickly respond.
This is a great option if you prefer non-wifi monitors that will not be in contact with your baby’s skin. It doesn’t rely on any radio or Bluetooth frequency either since the clip on unit is the sensor and base by itself. Another plus point would be the Levana Oma Sense is made using medical grade materials for a nontoxic monitoring.
You will have to get two units to monitor your twin babies though. While this may not be as popular as the other monitors like the Snuza or the Owlet baby monitor, it seems to have great potential as one top baby monitor for twins.
- Hassle-free & portable for travel
- Vibration feature to rouse baby
- Made with medical grade materials
- Great for newborns
- Alarm may be too soft for heavy sleepers or if baby sleeps in a different room
- High chance of false alarms from improper fitting
- Flashing blue light that indicates baby is okay is a bit long
- ULTIMATE PEACE OF MIND: Featuring patented Wakeup Technology to continually monitor abdominal movement and alert parents if no abdominal movement is detected, the Oma Sense smart baby monitor is a wearable baby monitor for infants that offers priceless peace of mind. Because we know being a parent can be hard enough.
- GENTLY STIMULATES BABY: If the baby sleep monitor detects no abdominal movement for 15 seconds, a randomized series of vibrations initiates to gently rouse your little one and stimulate normal abdominal movement to resume. Unlike other sleep monitor devices, Oma Sense has no skin contact.
- AUDIBLY ALERTS CAREGIVERS: If abdominal movement is not re-established 5 seconds after the initial alert, the baby abdominal movement monitor will initiate an audible emergency alarm to alert parents and caregivers so that they can act and respond quickly.
3. Sense-U Baby Monitor with Breathing Rollover Movement Temperature Sensors
This baby gear screams so much cuteness though. The Sense-U Baby Monitor is another attachable baby monitor that you can clip to your babies’ pants, diapers or shorts with their belly buttons in contact with the device for an accurate reading.
Monitor your tiny humans’ breathing from the comforts of your smartphone via an app up to 50 feet away and get notified with clear alarm rings when weak breathing is detected. It also comes with sensors for ambient temperature around your babies to prevent them from getting cold or feeling overheated.
The adorable thing about this monitor is that you can also know baby’s sleeping position in the form of a cute baby graphic on the app. It will inform you when your babies turn and sleep on their stomachs instead so you can gently adjust their sleeping positions. This is especially useful since babies are supposed to sleep on their backs until they are over 12 months old.
- Cute app interface
- Secure wearable clip
- Monitors breathing, room temp & sleeping position
- Babies room temperature sensor
- Baby’s pants, diapers or shorts must be snug fit for accurate reading
- App data may be prone to hacking
- MONITORS YOUR CHILD'S SLEEP ON YOUR SMARTPHONE DIRECTLY: The Sense-U Smart Baby Monitor is worn on your child's diaper/sleepwear and tracks child's abdominal movement, feeling temperature, rollover and sleeping position, as sleep quality indicators. It also notifies you when your child may need you, from your smartphone directly.
- TRACKS CHILD'S ABDOMINAL MOVEMENT WITH REAL-TIME NOTIFICATION: Unlike traditional baby video cameras or audio monitors, the Sense-U Smart Baby Monitor tracks your child's abdominal movement during sleep, as a sleep quality indicator, and notifies you after 15 seconds of no abdominal movement, from your smartphone directly.
- GET NOTIFIED WHEN CHILD ROLLS OVER TO SLEEP ON THEIR STOMACH: The Sense-U Baby Monitor tracks your child's sleeping position, as a sleep quality indicator, and notifies you when your child rolls over to sleep on their stomach.
Like all devices, there are important criteria to consider when deciding on one top baby monitor for your twins among most baby monitors on the market:
This is relevant if you are getting a video baby monitor. Better camera quality means better capturing of details instead of a grainy view. Also, being able to adjust the one camera from the monitor unit is good if you prefer multi angle viewing instead of a fixed camera baby monitor that can only focus on one spot.
If your babies are sleeping in the same room, one monitor may be sufficient. Otherwise, consider investing in a split-screen baby monitor to monitor two feeds, or two separate monitors. For screen size, a bigger screen allows for quick glances to know your kids are okay since you don’t have to squint over the video details. However, a smaller screen makes for clearer imaging.
This is especially important if your twin babies are sleeping in a different room that is further away from yours or sleeping in separate rooms each, and also if you have a large house. Good signal strength and long range will ensure you will be constantly connected to them even when you are outdoors.
Related: Best Long Range Baby Monitor
Consider one that transmits digitally instead, like baby cams with digital enhanced cordless telecommunications (DECT) technology.
A baby monitor with an infrared feature lets you see your babies clearly in the dark. The auto night vision helps you identify which one is experiencing discomforts.
There are times where your baby monitor and camera may accidentally get dropped or knocked to the floor. You would want a baby gadget that is durable enough to withstand minor bumps like these.
How many monitors do you need? Longer battery life means being able to keep watch over your babies without the device shutting down so quickly (which will defeat the purpose of a baby monitor). You also don’t need to recharge too often just after a couple hours of use.
Some baby monitors come with extra pretty cool features like ambient temperature reading, sound-activated or voice-operated exchange (VOX) mode that activates the device only when there is noise, visual crying alerts and two-way talk communication for you to soothe your babies from afar.
That’s a wrap on our list of the best twins baby monitor top picks! Whether you are looking for video baby monitors, movement ones or planning to get both as the perfect monitoring combo, we hope this list is able to provide you some helpful insight.
Our favorite video monitor goes to Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor as we find it fits all our expectations. Although it may be in the pricier range, the value it brings in reducing your baby caring worries will be worth the price tag.
Which one is your favorite? If you find this article useful, do share it with other moms and dads!
Last update on 2023-02-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API