It is always a great joy when you have a baby, and happiness is doubled when it’s a pair of twins! However, it can be a challenge keeping tabs on your babies ─ you can’t be around them the whole time just to watch over them because you need to do chores, sleep and rest too.
That’s where a baby monitor becomes a lifesaver for parents to have some off-duty moments without feeling worried about their babies’ status. Usually, the baby monitors in the market target at monitoring one baby but what about twins?
We have researched and compiled a list of the best baby monitor for twins to help you figure out the right one to get.
The short answer to this question is yes, if:-
- You need to be away quite frequently from your babies
- Your babies sleep in another room
- You are concerned about your babies’ movement at night
- You wish to check on your babies without disturbing their naps and sleeps
A baby monitor is a useful baby gear to check on your babies. The device will alert you at the first signs of something amiss, be it crying from hunger and soiled diapers, or having trouble breathing due to risk of SIDS (although it isn’t a surefire way to prevent it). A great perk of having the best baby monitor for twins would be to get alerts at night while you’re asleep.
There are a few types of baby monitor: Audio monitor, video monitor and movement monitor. An audio-only monitor comes without any screen, and is used to hear babies’ cries and sometimes soothe them.
While you can get an audio-only monitor for your babies, the best baby monitor for twins should include video. A video baby monitor (also known as baby cam) allows you to watch them from the parent unit, mobile or computer screen. This is especially useful as you are caring for two babies at the same time.
Another great alternative to video baby monitors is getting movement monitors. Like the name suggests, a movement monitor tracks your baby’s breathing movement usually via wearable clips, socks or bands. Some movement monitors act as a stationary device placed under the crib mattress that signals the parent unit if the baby is not moving within a set time frame.
Like all devices, there are important criteria to consider when deciding on the best baby monitor for twins:
This is relevant if you are getting a video baby monitor. Better camera quality means better capturing of details instead of a grainy view. Also, being able to adjust the camera from the monitor unit is good if you prefer multi angle viewing instead of a fixed camera that can only focus on one spot.
If your babies are sleeping in the same room, one monitor may be sufficient. Otherwise, consider a monitor with split-screen feature to monitor two feeds, or two separate monitors. For screen size, a bigger screen allows for quick glances to know your kids are okay since you don’t have to squint over the video details. However, a smaller screen makes for clearer imaging.
This is especially important if your twin babies are sleeping in a different room that is further away from yours or sleeping in separate rooms each, and also if you have a large house. Good signal strength and long range will ensure you will be constantly connected to them even when you are outdoors. Consider one that transmits digitally instead, like baby cams with digital enhanced cordless telecommunications (DECT) technology.
The best baby monitor for twins with an infrared feature lets you see your babies clearly in the dark. The night vision helps you identify which one is experiencing discomforts.
There are times where your baby monitor and camera may accidentally get dropped or knocked to the floor. You would want a baby gadget that is durable enough to withstand minor bumps like these.
Longer battery life means being able to keep watch over your babies without the device shutting down so quickly (which will defeat the purpose of a baby monitor). You also don’t need to recharge too often just after a couple hours of use.
Some baby monitors come with extra functions like ambient temperature reading, voice-operated exchange (VOX) mode that activates the device only when there is noise, visual crying alerts and two-way talkback communication for you to soothe your babies from afar.
We have listed down six video monitors best suited for monitoring two little ones and allowing you some worry-free shut-eye that you deserve.
Angelcare is one of the top brands when it comes to baby monitors, and that is because it is the pioneer of such a device. And as a pioneer of things, we expect no less from their 3-in-1 AC327 Baby Monitor.
This baby cam is made up of one parent unit with 4.3” screen and a camera unit that has a temperature indicator. It detects your babies’ breathing, movement and sound all in one gadget without the need to use your mobile phone.
This monitor relies on 2.4GHz FHSS encrypted transmission. An alarm will sound when there’s no movement detected after 20 seconds, thanks to the wireless non-contact breathing sensor pad.
You can have up to two cameras with this monitor plus an extra sensor pad, perfect for checking on your twin babies. Night vision facility is present as well as the two-way talkback feature, which makes this one best video baby monitor for twins.
- Non-contact with babies
- Especially best for night vision
- Multipurpose, expandable baby monitor
- Low energy and wave emission, safe for babies
- Low battery life
- No lights for buttons makes it difficult to use in the dark
Related: Angelcare Baby Monitor Review
- New wireless SensAsureTM Breathing Sensor Pad : an alarm will sound if absolutely no movement is detected after 20 seconds
- Non-contact monitoring: No electronic devices touching the sensitive skin of your baby
- 4.3’’ Parent Unit & Camera Unit with Temperature indicator
An award-winning baby monitor for twins, eufy Video Baby Monitor is one of the best long-range baby monitors to have, with the ability to cover 460 to 1000 feet of field range.
The baby monitor is easy to setup. The camera works without the internet for an all-time stable connection yet does not disappoint in terms of picture quality and night vision. Those who prefer a large screen will delight at the 5” parent unit display that cycles between views for up to 4 cameras.
You can pan, tilt and zoom the camera from the parent unit. The entire package comes with an included wide-angle lens to increase your camera field view to 110 degrees.
Sound and volume are clear and adjustable to your preference. Also, it has the ideal night vision, two-way communication and temperature detection features that make it easier to monitor your bundles of joy.
It is also able to operate up to 15 hours of activity, making it one of the popular choices among parents in the best baby monitor for twins department.
- Easy setup
- Large screen
- Adjustable camera
- Long battery life
- Long range
- Non-rechargeable battery
- VOX mode not so user-friendly
- Sweet Dreams on the Big Screen: The large 5" 720p video baby monitor display shows a sharp picture with 10 times more detail than ordinary 240p-display baby monitors.
- Ready for Their First Steps: When your baby starts to walk and run around, just attach the included lens to expand the view to 110 Degrees. No need to purchase another lens.
- Pan from Pillow to Pinky Toes: Pan the lens 330° to see corner-to-corner and tilt 110° to see floor to ceiling.
Another best video monitor for twins, the Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor sports a lightweight and portable baby monitor and camera for on-the-go dads and moms.
You can pan, tilt and zoom the camera remotely via the parent unit. It comes with interchangeable lens so you can either zoom in 2 times for a closer look of your babies or zoom out for wide angle panoramic view up to 170 degrees. You can expand up to 4 cameras, which is great for monitoring two babies at the same time (even as they grow much older!).
Its battery life performance is great, living up to 12 hours on audio-only mode, 10 hours on power saving mode and about 6 to 8 hours for live screen. A replacement battery is also included. This device uses 2.4GHz FHSS transmission for secured monitoring.
The infrared night vision lets you watch over your kids clearly at night, with the option to dim the monitor screen. The audio quality is clear and with the talkback function, it’s easy to comfort your babies.
- Lightweight and portable, good for travel
- Excellent video quality
- Good long range connection up to 1000 feet
- Automatically switches between day mode and night mode
- Great sound quality
- Potential power cord issues
- Some users report inaccurate temperature sensor
- 2020 Award Winner: Babylist Best Baby Monitors Of 2020 *(Awarded On January 8, 2020)
- Perfect Size & Weight Ratio - No Large Batteries To Power Energy-Hungry Large Screens. The Dxr-8 Is Light-Weight And Portable, Designed For True Mobility Around The House. 10-Hr Battery Life On Power-Saving Mode, 6-Hr With Screen On
- Full Viewing Control - The Dxr-8 Is A Baby Monitor With Camera Features Such As Pan/Tilt/Digital Zoom And Interchangeable Lens. Fit The Zoom Lens To See Even Closer, Or Zoom Out With The Wide Angle Lens. Expandable Up To 4 Cameras
The VTech VM321-2 Safe & Sound Video Baby Monitor is one best dual baby monitor to have. This device brings baby monitoring to the next level with five soothing melodies to lull your babies to dreamland, long lasting battery that holds up to 12 hours of single-charge use and a split screen capability that allows you to view your precious little ones side by side on screen.
Zoom in from the parent unit to look at your babies closely without interrupting their sweet dreams. You can pair up to 4 cameras, and camera angles can be manually adjusted to your viewing preference. It is also nice to note that the 2.8” parent unit display comes with detailed, full color picture quality that automatically transitions into night vision when the lights are out.
You can monitor your babies’ sound activity on the parent unit with 6 levels of indicators even when the device is muted. This baby monitor also comes with two-way audio and can reliably detect signals up to 1000 feet apart since it works using DECT 6.0 technology.
You will receive visual cues and beeping sounds when your babies are crying or when the room temperature is out of range. This monitor operates on rechargeable batteries with low battery alert feature.
- Clear audio and video quality
- 6-level sound monitoring
- Split screen viewing
- Long battery life
- Camera cannot be adjusted from parent unit
- Small screen
- This configuration includes one parent unit (monitor) and two baby units (cameras)
- When you charge the battery pack initially or it has not been used for a long period of time, charge it for 12 hours continuously. It takes longer to charge the battery when the parent unit is turned on.
- High resolution 2.8" color LCD screen - never miss your baby's smile
If you are looking for the best baby monitor for twins that is easy to operate and gives you the versatility to use on the go, check out HelloBaby HB65 Baby Monitor then!
It comes with a 3.2” LCD screen that is large enough to see your babies’ details without the parent unit giving you a bulky feeling. You can remotely adjust and rotate the camera to scan the room 120 degrees top bottom and close to 360 degrees left right. Camera video quality is good even with night vision on, and you can pair up to 4 cameras.
There’s also temperature detection and lullabies, and the talkback feature gives a clear two-way communication. You can also turn on its audio-only mode when video is not necessary.
This baby monitor can also maintain connection within 960 feet range outdoors. Stay connected with your babies with its stable wireless 2.4GHz connection between the parent unit and camera, as well as its sound level indicator that tells you the intensity of their cries. As it does not require WiFi or a mobile app to work, you don’t have to worry about data hacking over the line.
- Simple plug-and-play setup
- Portable, good for travel
- Decent camera quality & night vision
- Affordable baby monitor option
- Not very durable
- Poor battery life
- Large LCD Display & Safe Wireless Technology: This video baby monitor come with a 3.2" LCD display. Application of frequency hopping and digital encryption technology ensures secure and reliable connection.
- REMOTE PAN TILT and ZOOM &3.2" LCD DISPLAY: Remote control camera rotate 355° in horizontal and 120° vertical ensuring you always have a clear view of your baby from any angle.
- SMART FEATURES:The crystal clear two-way audio feature allows conversation both ends as clear as if you were in the same room with your little one. Room temperature monitor and alert, night vision, lullaby, sound level LED indicator, audio only mode.
Love watching your babies on a large high-definition screen? Then Babysense Baby Monitor will be ideal to keep an eye over your little ones. It has a pretty 5-inch screen with vivid, clear imaging equipped with two cameras for viewing at different angles in one room or two.
You can add up to four surveillance cameras with this baby cam. Control these units from the comforts of your portable parent unit ─ tilt 70 degrees vertically, scan horizontally up to 350 degrees wide, or magnify images 2 times zooming in! The baby cam works up to a range of 960 feet, connected via 2.4GHz FHSS enhanced tech for a secure, hack-free monitoring.
The monitor does a great job displaying detailed views with its night mode though. It has VOX mode, which is cool to have to conserve the monitor’s battery life. Soothe your babies to sleep or calm them down, either with pre-programmed songs or your voice via the two-way audio.
Another feature includes a sensor for temperature, in which you will receive alerts when temperature goes out of range. This is one of the best baby monitors for twins to own in your home.
- Awesome large HD display
- Great for surveilling two rooms
- Sound and mic quality not up to expectation
- No split screen
- HACK FREE & HIGH DEFINITION VIEW: The 720 HD image on the large 5" LCD display provides crystal clear secure viewing. Enjoy exquisite remote control convenience with pan (350°), tilt (70°) and double-zoom, at a 960ft range.
- MONITOR YOUR BABY IN TWO ROOMS: Unlike most standard baby monitors, this HD video baby monitor is equipped with 2 surveillance cameras. Connect up to 4 cameras in different rooms, to make sure your kid is safe at all times.
- SOOTHE & COMFORT YOUR BABY: Use the two-way audio or the programmed lullaby sounds to calm your baby remotely. Watch your kid in the nursery 24/7, thanks to the IR night vision of this high-end portable baby cam monitor.
Perhaps you are just looking for movement monitors for your twins? Consider our following picks then (you will need two units for two babies):
The Owlet Smart Sock 2 Baby Monitor has a smart phone app that you can keep track of your babies’ heart rate, sleep and oxygen levels. It uses pulse oximetry technology whereby light shines through the baby’s skin to determine those levels based on the amount of light that is captured by sensors in the sock.
This monitor comes with three socks that you can wrap around your babies’ foot that connect via WiFi to a base station up to a distance of 100 feet apart. There is no parent unit – your phone serves as the display instead, tracking real-time data via the app. and notifying you when levels go out of presets.
The base station serves as an alert station, glowing green when there is nothing out of the ordinary but lights will turn red when the heart rate and oxygen levels fall out of the normal range. It will also send sound and app notifications so you can tend to your babies’ needs immediately after.
Setup is easy, and with the comfortable yet reliable smart sock that reads your babies’ movements accurately, it is the best twin baby monitor for this movement monitor category.
- Able to get real-time analytics & track back data history
- Can monitor heart rate & oxygen level with mobile phone
- Easy & safe to use
- Best for monitoring twins in same room
- App data may be prone to hacking
- Know your baby is okay: Track your baby's heart rate and oxygen levels while they sleep using clinically-proven pulse oximetry, and be notified if something appears to be wrong. Have complete peace of mind knowing you can keep track of your baby's heart rate and oxygen levels from anywhere.
- Worry less and sleep better: The Smart Sock connects to a base station that glows green letting you know everything is okay, but uses lights, sounds and app notifications if heart rate or oxygen levels are too high or too low. Parents can sleep better and have less anxiety knowing they'll be made aware if levels go outside of preset zones.
- Convenient, easy-to-use: Each unit includes 3 washable socks that comfortably wrap around the baby's foot and connect to a base station up to 100 ft. away without wires. Socks fit most infants from 0-18 months or 6-25 pounds and should be hand washed regularly and alternated from right to left foot each night. Always keep the base station at least three feet away from your baby's crib.
Babysense 7 Under-the-Mattress Baby Movement Monitor is one sensitive baby gear, effortlessly picking up your babies’ every single movement. Place the two sensor pads under your infants’ mattress and watch the monitor work its magic via a control unit that can be affixed to the side of the crib.
This monitor does not need to be in direct contact with your babies so there’s no risk of them pulling at the device. The highly sensitive sensors lowers the chances of getting false alarms as they are able to detect even the smallest of movements.
An alarm will be sounded if there’s no movement or a slowdown of movement within 20 seconds. You can also get visual cues from the control unit’s light: green when good, flashing red when something goes wrong.
This infant movement monitor is a perfect addition if you already have a video or sound baby monitor, you only need one set then. Otherwise, you will need one for each twin to monitor them separately.
- Very sensitive to baby’s movement
- Hack-proof as it operates without cord or internet
- Low battery usage, with batteries lasting up to 6 months of use
- Only monitors movement, no extra sensors
- Limited to one crib per set
- HSA/FSA APPROVED - Babysense is a highly sensitive device that monitors and detects even the slightest baby's movements through the mattress.
- The Original non-contact infant monitor - Now with enhanced sensitivity - Lower risk of false alarms
- Babysense sounds an alarm alerting to check the baby if no movement is detected within 20 seconds or if the movement rate slows to less than 10 micro-movements per minute.
For a rather new movement monitor in the market, the Snuza Pico 2 offers a lot of great features parents will love in watching over their infant twins. This movement monitor is in the form of a single compact wearable clip that you can attach to your babies’ diapers, boasting small sized portability that is simple to use.
You can check on your babies’ breathing, body position, skin temperature and also sleep patterns. The monitor will gently wake the child when there’s 15 seconds of movement inactivity with an indicator light on. If there’s little to no movement after another 5-second wait time, an alarm will sound for you to quickly respond.
You can get insights and updates on your mobile phone. This is done via the Snuza Connect mobile app which you can download and receive real-time notifications about your little ones’ conditions.
While this may not be as popular as the other Snuza monitors, it seems to have great potential as one best baby monitor for twins.
- Hassle-free & portable
- Able to get real-time data on breathing, sleep position and skin temp via app
- Vibration feature to rouse baby
- Loud alarm
- App data may be prone to hacking
- PEACE OF MIND - Monitors infant breathing motion, body position, skin temperature and sleep patterns
- SMART DEVICE - Download our Snuza Connect app to get real time alerts to your smartphone
- ALARM & VIBRATION - The Snuza Pico 2 will vibrate to rouse baby at 15 seconds and alarm at 20 seconds when no abdominal movement is detected
This baby movement monitor screams so much cuteness though. The Sense-U Baby Monitor is another attachable baby monitor that you can clip to your babies’ pants, diapers or shorts with their belly buttons in contact with the device for an accurate reading.
Monitor your tiny humans’ breathing from the comforts of your smartphone via an app up to 50 feet away and get notified with clear alarm rings when weak breathing is detected. It also comes with sensors for ambient temperature around your babies to prevent them from getting cold or feeling overheated.
The adorable thing about this monitor is that you can also know baby’s sleeping position in the form of a cute baby graphic on the app. It will inform you when your babies turn and sleep on their stomachs instead so you can gently adjust their sleeping positions. This is especially useful since babies are supposed to sleep on their backs until they are over 12 months old.
- Cute app interface
- Secure wearable clip
- Monitors breathing, room temp & sleeping position
- Baby’s pants, diapers or shorts must be snug fit for accurate reading
- App data may be prone to hacking
- KNOW YOUR BABY'S BREATHING IS OKAY: Equipped with new clip accessory design and upgraded high-performance sensor chipset, the newest model of Sense-U baby monitor accurately monitors your baby's breathing while they sleep, and notifies you with an audible alarm for weak breathing movement from your smartphone.
- NOTIFY YOU FOR STOMACH SLEEPING: Monitor your baby's sleeping position and notify you when your baby rolls over onto their stomach.
- PROTECT YOUR BABY FROM OVERHEATING & GETTING COLD: Monitor your baby's ambient temperature around their body with a built-in thermometer, and notify you when levels go outside of preset zones.
That’s a wrap on our list of the best baby monitor for twins’ top picks! Whether you are looking for video baby monitors, movement ones or planning to get both as the perfect monitoring combo, we hope this list is able to provide you some helpful insight.
Which one is your favorite? If you find this article useful, do share it with other moms and dads!
Last update on 2020-11-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API