Baby monitors have become a rather essential item to have in the baby gear arsenal, mainly due to the rising needs of keeping watch of infants and toddlers to make sure they are safe and sound at all times.
There are many choices in the market for such a device, each ideal for a variety of functions for different types of budget.
Today, we will cover the best baby monitor for two rooms for the benefit of those of you who live in large houses or somewhere with multiple rooms.
For such settings, getting a baby monitor that allows you to view multiple spaces via a few presses of buttons on your mobile or parent unit will make caring for your little ones easier and less stressful.
Our favorite pick goes to the Axvue E662 Video Baby Monitor, but that’s for us. Perhaps you will have a different opinion after reading our article? Let’s find out!
- Do I Need a Baby Monitor for Two Rooms?
- Top Baby Monitor for 2 Rooms Revealed
- What to Look for in The Best Baby Monitor for Two Rooms?
- Monitoring Two Spaces Made Easy
A video baby monitor for two or multi rooms will come in handy if:
- You want to monitor your kids’ activities in different rooms.
- You are always working in another room different than the ones your multiple children are in.
- You are tired of shifting multiple cameras between two baby’s rooms.
After much research and comparison, we have shortlisted these eight great baby monitor picks to help you find your first baby monitor for two, or possibly more rooms at home.
Incase you’re in a hurry, here’s our 3 best picks!
1. Axvue E662 Video Baby Monitor
For a video baby digital monitor that can support up to 4 cameras, the Axvue E662 Video Baby Monitor is a great affordable option that does not cut back from providing good features.
This model comes with a handheld monitor video screen baby monitor with 2 cameras, with the parent device LCD screen size of 2.8 inches that displays colorful high-resolution images.
The cameras can stand on their own with a well-built base so you can easily place them on flat surface or move them around anytime.
It relies on secure digital 2.4GHz transmission between the parent unit and cameras so rest assured you won’t have strangers tapping into your babies’ activities.
Engineered with dark settings in mind, the cameras are equipped with six infrared lights that allow you to watch your babies at night up to 30 feet away with less noise interference.
Apart from the convenient HD night vision, the soothing glow from the LED lights also makes your babies feel more comfortable as they sleep in their rooms.
It also comes with in-built ambient temperature and humidity sensors that you can monitor via the parent unit. The two-way talk makes it easier for you to calm your babies or sing lullabies or good songs to sing to baby to them without having to rush to them the same time they cry for you.
This device is battery powered by AC power adapter for portability. You will receive signals when readings go out of range or when the battery is low. You don’t have to worry about charging the monitor too often though as it has a 3-level sensitivity VOX mode that helps to conserve battery during use.
- Well though out effortless setup
- Good night vision
- Excellent battery operating life with adjustable VOX mode
- Effective long range up to 1000 feet
- Clearer video and audio quality allow parents to gain access to hearing even baby’s breathing and observing child’s sleep patterns
- Small screen
- No split-screen function
- ONE MONITOR PAIRED WITH TWO CAMERAS. Parent can monitor two objects at different within the house. Featured a HIGH RESOLUTION panel, 2x zoom-in to enlarge the video. Live view to the precious.
- 6 INFRARED LEDS FOR DAY AND NIGHT VISION. Camera can detect environment's light and switch day/night mode automatically,so the baby's activities and termperature are constantly in-sight.
- WIDE RANGE AND LONG BATTERY LIFE. The monitoring system could cover a transmission range up to 1000ft. While the high capacity battery is able to last 12 hours in power-saving mode.
2. Moonybaby Split 60 Video Baby Monitor
The Moonybaby Split 60 is one of the best dual view baby monitors to consider if you prefer watching your kids in two rooms side by side on screen.
You can also switch to scan mode when you decide to do away with split screen baby monitor mode and want the monitor to cycle between views.
It has a nice large 4.3-inch display, which you can conveniently keep an eye over your children as you work on your tasks. You can simply adjust the view of the cameras effortlessly using remote camera control.
There is also a VOX mode to help you extend the monitor’s battery life, turning on the unit only when sound is detected from the cameras’ ends.
Stay connected to your babies up to 1000 feet in open area, which means you can even listen in or watch your little ones while you are working in the garden or backyard. You can even talk back via the intercom and remotely play lullabies to calm them at a distance.
As our best split screen baby monitor pick, the smart device automatically transitions to infrared night vision when in the dark so that you can view your kids clearly. You will also be alerted when the baby’s room temperature falls out of range.
- Easy-to-use interface
- Ability to change between Split Screen baby monitor mode and Scan mode
- Decently large screen
- Impressive battery life up to 12-14 hours with display on
- Audio baby monitor quality is clear with audio playback option that can be controlled remotely
- May suffer from frequent signal loss despite the advertised range
- Only connects up to 2 cameras
- Battery lifespan seems to degrade very fast with heavy usage
- 【See Your Precious】The 4.3” Large screen is accompanied with a high-resolution display, remote Pan-Tilt-Zoom camera, wide-angle lens included, auto night vision, zoom functions. It allows you to clearly see your baby enjoying sweet dreams or playing in the room, whether during the day or at night.
- 【From Infant to Toddler】Your baby becomes more and more curious about the world as he/she turns into a toddler, and will begin his/her little adventures around the house soon. This baby monitor supports up to 2 cameras, making it the best option for monitoring different rooms. Use "Screen Split" to view 2 monitors simultaneously, and choose one camera with audio. Also suitable for a growing family!
- 【Don't Miss a Thing】Stay connected to your child with the 2-way talkback function. Having a monitor providing undelayed, crystal-clear video and sound up to 1000ft range, this specification allows you to easily check-up on your baby to know if they are doing well, while you are busy doing chores in another room. The high-capacity battery provides 12 hours monitoring, battery life can be further extended when you turn on the power-saving mode, so you won't miss a moment.
The DBPOWER Baby Monitor makes it into this list for good and obvious reasons – who doesn’t love an all-rounder kind of baby monitor that doesn’t bring too much damage to the pockets?
It can pair up to four cameras, and the cameras’ wall mount can be set atop a dresser or wardrobe depending on your preference.
Scan 360 degrees, tilt 90 degrees and zoom in two times for a closer look with confidence knowing that you can watch your babies and every corner of the monitored space remotely with ease.
This monitor is pretty easy to set up and you don’t need an app since you will be baby monitoring via one parent unit.
The battery life is also great, with a holding capacity of 2000mAh, the parent unit can last up to 6 hours for full display usage and up to 10 hours when in Eco Mode in a single charge.
The 3.5-inch screen is also a nice bonus, providing you with a clearer view of your kids. Video and audio feedback are instant with the device’s real and same time data transmission.
With 7 infrared lights on cameras, sleep tracking your babies’ movements in the dark is no longer a problem as the infrared night vision is pretty good for a monitor at such a price range.
It’s also nice to know that the monitor also can detect room temperature, has a built in speaker microphone for two-way communication and five types of lullabies to soothe your babies to sleep.
A cool feature includes a feeding alarm which you can set to go off at 2, 4 or 6 hours to remind you to feed your little ones.
- Long range up to 1000 feet
- Feeding alarm is helpful for busy parents
- Battery saver with Eco Mode
- Can hold power up to 10 hours
- Five calming lullabies
- No feed delay with same time transmission
- Lost signal alert can be too noisy and annoying
- Camera system cannot tilt all the way down
- Lullaby and noise level are not adjustable
Looking for the best 2 camera baby monitor that has a big screen? Consider getting eufy Spaceview Baby Monitor for your home!
It may not come with all the bells and whistles you may find in other similar model, but what makes this baby monitor a sweet deal is its 5-inch 720p parent monitor display. The monitor shows vivid, high-resolution details when capturing video of your babies or separate rooms.
Its infrarednight vision also lives up to the quality video expectation, so you can safely monitor dark spaces without much trouble.
The dual camera baby monitor comes with two cameras but you can actually connect up to four add on cameras (purchase separately) and cycle through each camera view. It offers included two wide-angle lenses that you can fix onto the cameras to increase the viewing angle to 110 degrees from top to bottom.
You can also pan the camera up to 330 degrees and zoom up to two times to see every corner of the rooms.
Battery life is great having built with 2900mAh power capacity and VOX mode, so you can use the baby monitor up to 15 hours of single-charge monitoring. It has a pretty decent working range up to 460 feet, and you can either wall mount the cameras or keep them easily portable for travel.
The monitor will instantly notify you when your baby cries via sound alerts. It also comes with an intercom function, lullabies and temperature detector to seal the deal. This is definitely one of the most awesome models out there!
- Remarkable battery life with rechargeable battery packs
- Large high-definition screen that displays very clear picture scenes
- Does not require app or internet connection to work
- VOX notification level can be adjusted
- Ability to control cycle length
- Parental unit menu not so user-friendly
- No split screen option
- Range is quite short
- Sweet Dreams on the Big Screen: The large 5" 720p video baby monitor display shows a sharp picture with 10 times more detail than ordinary 240p-display baby monitors.
- Ready for Their First Steps: When your baby starts to walk and run around, just attach the included lens to expand the view to 110 Degrees. No need to purchase another lens.
- Pan from Pillow to Pinky Toes: Pan the lens 330° to see corner-to-corner and tilt 110° to see floor to ceiling.
As the award-winning best video baby monitor, you wouldn’t want to miss checking out the Infant Optics DXR-8. This popular unit’s best feature lies in its cameras.
Pan, tilt and zoom the camera unit view from the comforts of the parent unit. You can actually change the camera’s lenses to zoom lens for a closer look or wide-angle lens to see the whole room from your set different angles.
It is also possible to add on camera up to four units if you need multiple cameras to monitor two rooms, and the scanning mode feature will cycle through each camera’s view on your 3.5-inch feed size.
You don’t have to worry about the monitor draining battery easily as you can activate pure audio mode and have the screen off while maintaining awareness of your baby’s cries via its sound activated LED lights bar.
This is also good for when you’re sleeping at night as you won’t be watching the screen and there won’t be bright lights to annoy you.
In case you need to have the sound alerts off, you can set it to mute and only observe for visual cues on the parental unit. Other extra features of this smart device include two-way audio communication, out of range alerts, infrared night vision, temperature display and an extra charging cable.
You will also feel safe and secure knowing that your baby’s data will be hacked since this monitor uses 2.4GHz channel with FHSS technology. This is one of the lightweight baby monitors around, weighing about 2 pounds.
- Lightweight for high mobility & travel
- Good-sized 3.5” screen
- Rechargeable battery that lasts up to 12 hours on audio mode
- Clear video plus audio quality
- Easy to use and pair extra cameras
- Decent range up to 700 feet
- No dual screen
- No lullabies
- Quite pricey
Further reading: Infant Optics DXR-8 Review (2021): Best Baby Monitor of The Year?
- 2020 Award Winner: Babylist Best Baby Monitors Of 2020 *(Awarded On January 8, 2020)
- Perfect Size & Weight Ratio - No Large Batteries To Power Energy-Hungry Large Screens. The Dxr-8 Is Light-Weight And Portable, Designed For True Mobility Around The House. 10-Hr Battery Life On Power-Saving Mode, 6-Hr With Screen On.Care & Cleaning: Spot or Wipe Clean
- Full Viewing Control - The Dxr-8 Is A Baby Monitor With Camera Features Such As Pan/Tilt/Digital Zoom And Interchangeable Lens. Fit The Zoom Lens To See Even Closer, Or Zoom Out With The Wide Angle Lens. Expandable Up To 4 Cameras
Parents on a tight budget, rejoice! This ANMEATE Baby Monitor is the best budget baby monitor option if you want a baby monitor that is feature-rich yet doesn’t break the bank when it comes to price.
Pair up to four cameras to scan more than one room, and you can monitor these spaces remotely from the 2.4-inch parent unit display.
It is a pleasant surprise to note that the parent device sports a full color one screen with high-quality imaging, allowing you to zoom in for a magnified look and out.
This video monitor also takes a step higher in its monitoring unit game with multiple cameras that have 8 infrared LED lights for enhanced infrared night vision that is automatically switched on when dark setting is detected.
You will be notified via alarms or on-screen message when ambient temperature reading goes out of presets.
This product also has a rather good range of up to 960 feet so you will be connected despite being rooms or levels apart. There is Eco Mode to conserve battery, and soothing your baby is convenient with four pre-installed lullabies and two-way intercom.
- Reasonable price makes it rather affordable
- Plays 4 calming lullabies
- 2.4GHz FHSS technology for secure baby monitoring and less channel interference
- Picture quality is clear and can be controlled remotely
- Good battery lifespan
- Easy to use and portable
- Small screen
- Cameras need to be manually adjusted
- Room temperature monitoring and reading may not be very accurate
- High quality color screen: This unique baby monitor features a High Resolution Display with 2x zoom magnification for comprehensive coverage. The 2.4” screen can deliver streaming live view whenever you check in.
- High definition night vision & temperature monitoring: This baby monitor with camera has 8 infrared LED Lights and could constantly monitor babies’ activities. Other built-in features include automatic night vision and temperature monitoring.
- Two way talking & long transmission range: The video monitor covers a transmission range of up to 960 feet.You could play 4 soothing lullaby songs or use the two-way talk back intercom function to comfort your babies.
The Babysense V65 Baby Monitor is a versatile baby gear not to be missed – if you want a baby monitor choice with two cameras and adjustable mounts for increased coverage, and provides a stable, hack-free 2.4GHz FHSS connection, this is the one for you!
This model allows you to watch over your multiple kids and every corner of your two rooms with ease. Many parents especially love how they can obtain a peace of mind via the clear and crisp video feed on the 5-inch parent unit screen.
The manual pan and tilt feature allows parents to adjust the viewing angle remotely, ensuring nothing escapes your vision, or zoom in on details up to two times magnification.
When low light is detected, the smart monitor can automatically switch to night mode so you can keep track of your babies even in the dark.
There is a power saving feature that you can set to prolong its battery operating period, in which the monitor’s screen only comes to life when baby noises are detected.
No worries if you can’t reach out to your kids in time – the built-in microphone and lullabies help to hold the fort in soothing them from afar. You can do so up to a range of 960 feet based on open space setting.
You can also monitor room temperature with this device to ensure your babies’ are comfortable, and if two cameras aren’t enough, this monitor takes up to 4 additional cameras.
- Two-way audio
- Comes with lullabies and white noise functions
- Easy and quick camera setups
- Comes with HD (720) display monitor
- Quite heavy
- Noise sensitivity could be improved
- Many parents report sound quality over the intercom rather robotic
- HACK FREE & HIGH DEFINITION VIEW: The 720 HD image on the large 5" LCD display provides crystal clear secure viewing. Enjoy exquisite remote control convenience with pan (350°), tilt (70°) and double-zoom, at a 960ft range.
- MONITOR YOUR BABY IN TWO ROOMS: Unlike most standard baby monitors, this HD video baby monitor is equipped with 2 surveillance cameras. Connect up to 4 cameras in different rooms, to make sure your kid is safe at all times.
- SOOTHE & COMFORT YOUR BABY: Use the two-way audio or the programmed lullaby sounds to calm your baby remotely. Watch your kid in the nursery 24/7, thanks to the IR night vision of this high-end portable baby cam monitor.
The HelloBaby HB65 Baby Monitor is another great, if not best option with a 3.2-inch LCD screen. You can purchase multiple additional cameras to monitor the two separate spaces as it can accommodate up to 4 additional cameras at a time.
This multiple camera baby monitor is easy to set up – just plug in the cameras and start using immediately. The parental unit works on batteries that are rechargeable to keep you in the know up to 1000 feet in open space range without sacrificing mobility as you tend to your house chores.
You can safely pan, tilt and zoom on each baby’s room with just a few presses on the parent unit without hacking concerns thanks to the secure wireless encryption technology.
Listen in to your babies’ cries clearly and make use of the two-way communication function to talk to them from the other end. You can also play lullabies to soothe them as you make your way to check on them.
Additional features that are present within this monitor include sound-level indicators, ambient temperature monitoring, night mode and audio mode. You can adjust brightness and sound preference easily on the user-friendly menu.
- Lightweight and portable with wireless connection
- User-friendly interface with easy-to-press buttons
- Most parents adore the good image and video recording quality
- Does not require internet connection to function
- Motion detection and infrared night vision up to expectation
- Not enough tilt range compared to the other baby monitors
- Batteries’ duration of operation could be better
- Large LCD Display & Safe Wireless Technology: This video baby monitor come with a 3.2" LCD display. Application of frequency hopping and digital encryption technology ensures secure and reliable connection.
- REMOTE PAN TILT and ZOOM &3.2" LCD DISPLAY: Remote control camera rotate 355° in horizontal and 120° vertical ensuring you always have a clear view of your baby from any angle.
- SMART FEATURES:The crystal clear two-way audio feature allows conversation both ends as clear as if you were in the same room with your little one. Room temperature monitor and alert, night vision, lullaby, sound level LED indicator, audio only mode.
When monitoring two rooms or more, video baby monitors are the better option as compared to pure audio monitors.  Now that you’re set on getting a multi-camera baby monitor, you can’t help but wonder, what are the things to look out for prior to the purchase?
Fret not – here are some guidelines for you:
When searching for the best digital monitors for multiple rooms, this is the most important factor to consider. You want a baby monitor with two camera units at least and not one that can only pair with a single camera (which will defeat the purpose of monitoring two rooms anyway).
Thankfully, many if not most baby monitors in the market can accommodate two cameras and more, with some pairing up to four additional cameras at once.
Baby monitors that can expand with a second camera or more are great since that means you have more “eyes” in the house to watch over your kids.
Some baby monitors have a short range of about 50 feet whereas some models can detect signals from as far as 1000 feet apart or more.
You would want a baby monitor whose parent unit can reliably connect with the cameras within the range suitable to the size of your house.
Another option will be getting a wifi monitor model that allows for unlimited range via cell phone app monitoring, such as a Wi-Fi baby monitor; however, as the name itself implies, such a smart device tends to rely heavily on internet connectivity.
Do baby monitors emit radiation, you ask? The short answer is yes – which is why it is ideal to place the product at least 10 feet away from your baby to minimize the effect. Baby monitor models that offer long range, for instance the Moonybaby Split 60 will then come in handy in times like this!
This is an important factor that should be prioritised as parents shop for the best product. Would you be shifting your baby monitor between baby’s rooms frequently or will it be fixed to a spot?
Consider getting a battery-powered baby monitor if you plan to move the device a lot in the house.
Also, baby monitors that can last longer for a single charge is a good choice as you don’t want to keep having to charge the unit after just two or three hours of use.
As a parent, you are probably feeling tired for the most part of parenthood, so having a nice baby monitor with great picture and video quality, such as the VAVA baby monitor, will be a complete lifesaver!
Try picking one that gives you a good enough resolution without having to wonder whatever that is going on at the scratchy, grainy feed on screen.
You can also consider buying investing in a best dual baby monitor if you appreciate the split screen capability in split screen baby monitor or video monitors variations.
This is a great feature to look for as parents shop for baby monitors for multiple rooms. Having night mode means your monitor can automatically detect low light setting and transition the camera and display into one that can capture all images in the dark without skimping on details.
You will know in case your babies decide to make a run out of their cribs at night and attend to it in time!
What extra features do you need? How many cameras do you need? Should you go for a model that allows you to talk to your child via monitor? Do you need a parent unit that alerts you when baby starts crying?
Some baby monitors come with bonus features such as energy-saving voice-activated exchange (VOX) mode, two-way talkback, zoom function, preset lullabies and white noise, a sensor for temperature, sole audio mode and dual-screen mode.
These other fun features can make monitoring your kids (especially when caring for or watching over two babies) a more hassle-free task.
You may be interested in: 10 Great Picks of the Best Baby Monitor for Twins
That’s a wrap on our list! Having a baby monitor that can support two cameras or more is definitely handy especially when you want to check on your kids in two separate spaces within your home while tending to your work.
Among the ones listed above, our favorite goes to Axvue E662 Video Baby Monitor. We find this monitor suits our needs in terms of budget, image quality and range.
The smaller screen and lack of dual-view are the downsides that we can deal with since the built-in features are enough to compensate for those two at such a price tag.
Which one is your top pick? If you find this guide useful, help us spread the word to more parents!
Last update on 2022-10-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API