Baby monitors have become a rather essential item to have in the baby gear arsenal, mainly due to the rising needs of keeping watch of infants and toddlers to make sure they are safe and sound at all times. There are many choices in the market for such a device, each ideal for a variety of functions for different types of budget.
Today, we will cover the best baby monitor for two rooms for the benefit of those of you who live in large houses or somewhere with multiple rooms. For such settings, getting a baby monitor that allows you to view multiple spaces via a few presses of buttons on your mobile or parent unit will make caring for your little ones easier and less stressful.
A video baby monitor for two rooms will come in handy if:
- You want to monitor your kids’ activities in different rooms
- You are always working in another room than the ones your kids are at
- You are tired of shifting cameras between two rooms
When monitoring two rooms or more, video baby monitors are the better option as compared to audio-only monitors. Now that you’re set on getting a multi-camera baby monitor, you can’t help but wonder, what are the things to look out for prior to the purchase?
Fret not — here are some guidelines for you:
When searching for the best baby monitor for two rooms, this is the most important factor to consider. You want baby monitors with 2 cameras at least and not one that can only pair with a single camera (which will defeat the purpose of monitoring two rooms anyway).
Thankfully, most baby monitors in the market can accommodate two cameras and more, with some pairing up to four cameras at once. Baby monitors that can expand with more cameras are great since that means you have more “eyes” in the house to watch over your kids.
Some baby monitors have a short range of about 50 feet whereas some models can detect signals from as far as 1000 feet apart or more. You would want a baby monitor whose parent unit can reliably connect with the cameras within the range suitable to the size of your house.
Another option will be to get a model that allows for unlimited range via mobile app monitoring, however, such a device tends to rely heavily on internet connectivity.
This is an important factor to think about when getting the best baby monitor for two rooms. Would you be shifting your baby monitor between rooms frequently or will it be fixed to a spot?
Consider getting a battery-powered baby monitor if you plan to move the device a lot in the house. Also, baby monitors that can last longer for a single charge is a good choice as you don’t want to keep having to charge the unit after just two or three hours of use.
As a parent, you are probably feeling tired for the most part of parenthood, so having a baby monitor with great picture and video quality will be a welcome addition. Try picking one that gives you a good enough resolution without having to wonder whatever that is going on at the scratchy, grainy feed on screen. You can also consider buying the best dual baby monitor if you appreciate split-screen feature.
This is a great feature to look for in the best baby monitor for two rooms. Having night mode means your monitor can automatically detect low light setting and transition the camera and display into one that can capture all images in the dark without skimping on details. You will know in case your babies decide to make a run out of their cribs at night.
Some baby monitors come with bonus features such as energy-saving voice-activated exchange (VOX) mode, two-way talkback, preset lullabies, a sensor for temperature, audio-only mode and dual-screen mode. These features can make monitoring your kids (especially when caring for or watching over twin babies) a more hassle-free task.
After much research and comparison, we have shortlisted these eight great picks to help you figure out the best baby monitor for two rooms to get for your home:
For a video baby monitor that can support up to 4 cameras, the Axvue E662 Video Baby Monitor is a great affordable option that does not cut back from providing good features.
This monitor comes with a handheld video baby monitor with 2 cameras, with the parent device LCD screen size of 2.8 inches that displays colorful high-resolution images. The cameras can stand on their own with a well-built base so you can easily place them on flat surfaces or move them around anytime. It relies on secure digital 2.4GHz transmission between the parent unit and cameras so rest assured you won’t have strangers tapping into your babies’ activities.
Engineered with dark settings in mind, the cameras are equipped with six infrared lights that allow you to watch your babies at night up to 30 feet away with less noise interference. Apart from the convenient night vision, the soothing glow from the LED lights also makes your babies feel more comfortable as they sleep in their rooms.
It also has an in-built ambient temperature sensor that you can monitor via the parent unit. The two-way talk makes it easier for you to calm your babies or sing lullabies to them without having to rush to them every time they cry for you.
This device is battery powered for portability. You will receive signals when readings go out of range or when the battery is low. You don’t have to worry about charging the monitor too often though as it has a 3-level sensitivity VOX mode that helps to conserve battery during use.
- Easy to setup
- Good night vision
- Excellent battery life with adjustable VOX mode
- Effective long range up to 800 feet
- Clear audio and image quality
- Small screen
- No split-screen function
- Digital 2.4GHz Technology Supporting High Data Rate Transmission. Just like what you see and hear at camera side without any video information compression loss.
- Handheld Parent Unit with Color 2.8" TFT-LCD.
- 2-way Talk. Parent could sing or talk back to the camera unit.
The Moonybaby Split 60 Video Baby Monitor is one of the best dual view baby monitors to consider if you prefer watching your kids in two rooms side by side on screen. You can also switch to scan mode when you decide to do away with split-screen mode and want the monitor to cycle between views.
It has a nice large 4.3-inch display, which you can conveniently keep an eye over your children as you work on your tasks. You can simply adjust the view of the cameras remotely. There is also a VOX mode to help you extend the monitor’s battery life, turning on the unit only when sound is detected from the cameras’ ends.
Stay connected to your babies up to 1000 feet in open area, which means you can even listen in or watch your little ones while you are working in the garden or backyard. You can even talk back via the intercom and remotely play lullabies to calm them at a distance.
The device automatically transitions to night vision when in the dark so that you can view your kids clearly. You will also be alerted when the room temperature falls out of range.
- Easy-to-use interface
- Ability to change between Split Screen Mode and Scan Mode
- Decently large screen
- Long battery life up to 12-14 hours with display on
- Audio quality is clear
- May suffer from frequent signal loss despite the advertised range
- Only connects up to 2 cameras
- Battery lifespan seems to degrade very fast with heavy usage
- 【See Your Precious】The 4.3” Large screen is accompanied with a high-resolution display, remote Pan-Tilt-Zoom camera, wide-angle lens included, auto night vision, zoom functions. It allows you to clearly see your baby enjoying sweet dreams or playing in the room, whether during the day or at night.
- 【From Infant to Toddler】Your baby becomes more and more curious about the world as he/she turns into a toddler, and will begin his/her little adventures around the house soon. This baby monitor supports up to 2 cameras, making it the best option for monitoring different rooms. Use "Screen Split" to view 2 monitors simultaneously, and choose one camera with audio. Also suitable for a growing family!
- 【Don't Miss a Thing】Stay connected to your child with the 2-way talkback function. Having a monitor providing undelayed, crystal-clear video and sound up to 1000ft range, this specification allows you to easily check-up on your baby to know if they are doing well, while you are busy doing chores in another room. The high-capacity battery provides 12 hours monitoring, battery life can be further extended when you turn on the power-saving mode, so you won't miss a moment.
The DBPOWER Video Baby Monitor makes it into our list of best baby monitor for two rooms and for good reasons too — who doesn’t love an all-rounder kind of baby monitor that doesn’t bring too much damage to the pockets?
It can pair up to four cameras, and the cameras can either be mounted on the wall or set atop a dresser depending on your preference. Scan 360 degrees, tilt 90 degrees and zoom in two times for a closer look with confidence knowing that you can watch your babies and every corner of the monitored space remotely with ease.
This monitor is pretty easy to set up and you don’t need an app since you will be monitoring via a parent unit. Battery life is also great, with a holding capacity of 2000mAh, the parent unit can last up to 6 hours for full display usage and up to 10 hours when in Eco Mode in a single charge.
The 3.5-inch screen is also a nice bonus, providing you with a clearer view of your kids. Audio and video feedback are instant with the device’s real-time data transmission. With 7 infrared lights on cameras, keeping track of your babies’ movements in the dark is not a problem as the night vision is pretty good for a monitor at such a price range.
It’s also nice to know that the monitor also can detect room temperature, has a built-in microphone for two-way communication and five types of lullabies to soothe your babies to sleep. A cool feature includes a feeding alarm which you can set to go off at 2, 4 or 6 hours to remind you to feed your little ones.
- Long range up to 1000 feet
- Feeding alarm is helpful for busy parents
- Battery saver with Eco Mode
- Can hold power up to 10 hours
- Five calming lullabies
- No feed delay with real-time transmission
- Lost signal alert can be too noisy and annoying
- Camera cannot tilt all the way down
- Lullaby volume not controllable
- 【Safer and More Stable Connection】 -- Advanced 2.4 GHz FHSS technology gives less disconnection experience when monitoring. 100% encryption technology protects your baby’s privacy and security.
- 【VOX Function】--The Monitor will sleep automatically to save power. Once the baby monitor detects your baby’s voice, the warning lights will be on and the screen will be activated. It extends the working time by this smart low-consumption technology.
- 【2-Way Audio & Lullabies】 -- Answering your baby in time when he needs you. You can tell bedtime story to comfort him to sleep even though you are not by his side. The five built-in lullabies of this video baby monitor will give your baby a tight sleep and sweet dream.
Looking for the best 2 camera baby monitor that has a big screen? Consider getting eufy Spaceview Video Baby Monitor for your home!
What makes this baby monitor a sweet deal is the 5-inch 720p parent monitor display that shows vivid, high-resolution details when capturing video of your babies or separate rooms. Its night vision also lives up to the quality video expectation, so you can safely monitor dark spaces without much trouble.
It comes with two cameras but you can actually connect up to four cameras and cycle through each camera view. The device comes with included two wide-angle lenses that you can fix onto the cameras to increase the viewing angle to 110 degrees from top to bottom. You can also pan the camera up to 330 degrees and zoom up to two times to see every corner of the rooms.
Battery life is great having built with 2900mAh power capacity and VOX mode, so you can use the baby monitor up to 15 hours of single-charge monitoring. It has a pretty decent working range up to 460 feet, and you can either mount the cameras or keep them portable for travel.
The monitor will instantly notify you when your child is crying via sound alerts. There’s also the intercom function, lullabies and temperature detector to complete your best baby monitor for two rooms package so this is definitely one of the awesome models out there.
- Long battery life with rechargeable batteries
- Large high-definition screen
- Does not require app or WiFi to work
- VOX notification level can be adjusted
- Ability to control cycle length
- Parent unit menu not so user-friendly
- No split-screen function
- Range is quite short
- Sweet Dreams on the Big Screen: The large 5" 720p video baby monitor display shows a sharp picture with 10 times more detail than ordinary 240p-display baby monitors.
- Ready for Their First Steps: When your baby starts to walk and run around, just attach the included lens to expand the view to 110 Degrees. No need to purchase another lens.
- Pan from Pillow to Pinky Toes: Pan the lens 330° to see corner-to-corner and tilt 110° to see floor to ceiling.
An award-winning video baby monitor, you wouldn’t want to miss checking out the Infant Optics DXR-8. This popular unit’s best feature lies in its cameras.
Pan, tilt and zoom the camera view from the comforts of the parent unit. You can actually change the camera’s lenses to zoom lens for a closer look or wide-angle lens to see the whole room from your set angle. You can add on camera up to four units if you need more cameras to monitor two rooms, and the Scan Mode feature will cycle through each camera view on your 3.5-inch feed size.
You don’t have to worry about the monitor draining battery easily as you can activate audio-only mode and have the screen off while maintaining awareness of your baby’s cries via its sound-activated LED bar. This is also good for when you’re sleeping at night as you won’t be watching the screen and there won’t be bright lights to annoy you.
In case you need to have the sound alerts off, you can set it to mute and only observe for visual cues on the parent unit. Other features of this device include two-way audio communication, out of range alerts, infrared night visions, temperature display and an extra charging cable.
You will also feel safe and secure knowing that your baby’s data will be hacked since this monitor uses 2.4GHz channel with FHSS technology. This is one of the lightweight baby monitors around, weighing about 2 pounds.
- Lightweight for high mobility & travel
- Good-sized 3.5” screen
- Battery is rechargeable and lasts up to 12 hours on audio-only mode
- Clear video plus audio quality
- Easy to use and pair extra cameras
- Decent range up to 700 feet
- No dual screen
- No lullabies
- Quite pricey
- 2020 Award Winner: Babylist Best Baby Monitors Of 2020 *(Awarded On January 8, 2020)
- Perfect Size & Weight Ratio - No Large Batteries To Power Energy-Hungry Large Screens. The Dxr-8 Is Light-Weight And Portable, Designed For True Mobility Around The House. 10-Hr Battery Life On Power-Saving Mode, 6-Hr With Screen On
- Full Viewing Control - The Dxr-8 Is A Baby Monitor With Camera Features Such As Pan/Tilt/Digital Zoom And Interchangeable Lens. Fit The Zoom Lens To See Even Closer, Or Zoom Out With The Wide Angle Lens. Expandable Up To 4 Cameras
Parents on a tight budget, rejoice! This ANMEATE Video Baby Monitor is an ideal option if you want a baby monitor that is feature-rich yet doesn’t break the bank when it comes to price.
Pair up to four cameras to scan more than one room, and you can monitor these spaces remotely from the 2.4-inch parent unit display. It is a pleasant surprise to note that the parent device sports a full color screen with high-quality imaging, allowing you to zoom in for a magnified look and out.
This video monitor also takes a step higher in its monitoring game with cameras that have 8 infrared LED lights for enhanced night vision that is automatically switched on when dark setting is detected. You will be notified via alarms or on-screen message when ambient temperature reading goes out of presets.
This best baby monitor for two rooms also has a rather good range of up to 960 feet so you will be connected despite being rooms or levels apart. There is Eco Mode to conserve battery, and soothing your baby is convenient with four pre-installed lullabies and two-way intercom.
- Super affordable
- Plays 4 calming lullabies
- 2.4GHz FHSS technology for secure monitoring and less channel interference
- Picture quality is clear
- Good battery life
- Easy to use and portable
- Small screen
- Cameras need to be manually adjusted
- Temperature reading may not be very accurate
- High quality color screen: This unique baby monitor features a High Resolution Display with 2x zoom magnification for comprehensive coverage. The 2.4” screen can deliver streaming live view whenever you check in.
- High definition night vision & temperature monitoring: This baby monitor with camera has 8 infrared LED Lights and could constantly monitor babies’ activities. Other built-in features include automatic night vision and temperature monitoring.
- Two way talking & long transmission range: The video monitor covers a transmission range of up to 960 feet.You could play 4 soothing lullaby songs or use the two-way talk back intercom function to comfort your babies.
The Babysense V65 Baby Monitor is a versatile baby gear not to be missed — if you want a baby monitor choice that comes with 2 cameras and adjustable mounts for increased coverage, and provides a stable, hack-free 2.4GHz FHSS connection, this is the one for you!
Another best baby monitor for two rooms, watch over your kids and every corner of your two rooms with ease and in peace via the clear and crisp video feed on the 5-inch parent unit screen. You can pan and tilt the viewing angle remotely, ensuring nothing escapes your vision, or zoom in on details up to two times magnification.
When low light is detected, the smart monitor automatically switches to night mode so you can keep track of your babies even in the dark. There is a power-saving mode that you can set to prolong its battery life, in which the monitor’s screen only comes to life when baby noises are detected.
No worries if you can’t reach out to your kids in time — the built-in microphone and lullabies help to hold the fort in soothing them from afar. You can do so up to a range of 960 feet based on open space setting.
You can also monitor room temperature with this device to ensure your babies’ are comfortable, and if 2 cameras aren’t enough, this monitor takes up to 4 cameras.
- Not enough tilt range
- Poor battery life performance
- Quite heavy
- Noise sensitivity could be improved
- Sound quality over the intercom rather robotic
- HACK FREE & HIGH DEFINITION VIEW: The 720 HD image on the large 5" LCD display provides crystal clear secure viewing. Enjoy exquisite remote control convenience with pan (350°), tilt (70°) and double-zoom, at a 960ft range.
- MONITOR YOUR BABY IN TWO ROOMS: Unlike most standard baby monitors, this HD video baby monitor is equipped with 2 surveillance cameras. Connect up to 4 cameras in different rooms, to make sure your kid is safe at all times.
- SOOTHE & COMFORT YOUR BABY: Use the two-way audio or the programmed lullaby sounds to calm your baby remotely. Watch your kid in the nursery 24/7, thanks to the IR night vision of this high-end portable baby cam monitor.
The HelloBaby HB65 Baby Monitor is another best baby monitor for two rooms option with a 3.2-inch LCD screen. You can purchase additional cameras to monitor the two separate spaces as it can accommodate up to 4 cameras at a time.
This monitor is easy to set up — just plug in the cameras and start using immediately. The parent unit works on batteries that are rechargeable to keep you in the know up to 1000 feet in open space range without sacrificing mobility as you tend to your house chores.
You can safely pan, tilt and zoom on each room with just a few presses on the parent unit without hacking concerns thanks to the secure wireless encryption technology. Listen in to your babies’ cries clearly and make use of the two-way communication function to talk to them from the other end. You can also play lullabies to soothe them as you make your way to check on them.
Additional features that are present within this monitor include sound-level indicators, ambient temperature monitoring, night mode and audio-only mode. You can adjust brightness and sound preference easily on the user-friendly menu.
- Lightweight and portable
- User-friendly interface with easy-to-press buttons
- Picture quality is good
- Medium-sized screen
- Motion detection and night vision up to expectation
- Not enough tilt range
- Poor battery life performance
- Large LCD Display & Safe Wireless Technology: This video baby monitor come with a 3.2" LCD display. Application of frequency hopping and digital encryption technology ensures secure and reliable connection.
- REMOTE PAN TILT and ZOOM &3.2" LCD DISPLAY: Remote control camera rotate 355° in horizontal and 120° vertical ensuring you always have a clear view of your baby from any angle.
- SMART FEATURES:The crystal clear two-way audio feature allows conversation both ends as clear as if you were in the same room with your little one. Room temperature monitor and alert, night vision, lullaby, sound level LED indicator, audio only mode.
That’s a wrap on our list! Having a baby monitor that can support 2 cameras or more is definitely handy especially when you want to check on your kids in two separate spaces within your home while tending to your work.
Among the ones listed above, our favourite goes to Axvue E662 Video Baby Monitor. We find this monitor suits our needs in terms of budget, picture quality and range. The smaller screen and lack of dual-view are the downsides that we can deal with since the built-in features are enough to compensate for those two at such a price tag.
Which one is your top pick? If you find this guide useful, help us spread the word!
Last update on 2020-11-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API