As a parent, you must be aware of the struggle of putting your little one down for a night of uninterrupted sleep. You need to take care of numerous factors to maintain your baby’s sleep cycle, which includes monitoring nap times, ensuring enough physical activity while also not overtiring your kid, having a proper feeding schedule, and much more!
In this article, we will talk about the best baby projectors to help your child fall asleep. By the end of the article, you will hopefully be informed enough to make a thoughtful purchase!
Our top pick for the best night light projector is the BlissLights Sky Lite LED Laser Star Projector, which has a detailed review in this article along with a pros and cons analysis, so keep reading to know more about it!
BlissLights Sky Lite - LED Laser Star Projector
Fisher-Price Settle & Sleep Projection Soother
Night Light Star Projector Twilight Turtle Classic
Fisher-Price Smart Connect Deluxe Soother
VTech Baby Lil' Critters Soothing Starlight Hippo
BlissLights Sky Lite - LED Laser Star Projector
Fisher-Price Settle & Sleep Projection Soother
Night Light Star Projector Twilight Turtle Classic
Fisher-Price Smart Connect Deluxe Soother
VTech Baby Lil' Critters Soothing Starlight Hippo
The BlissLights Sky Lite LED Laser Star Projector offers a one of its kind lighting experience for your little one. The star projector showcases galaxy lighting, including green stars on the background of a blue nebula cloud. This night light allows children to sleep in peace, as they can focus themselves looking at the stars across the “starry sky”. Occasionally, they would also encounter a shooting star, which adds to their excitement.
- The holographic techniques of the star projector create a unique and bizarre experience.
- Compact and easy to use.
- Includes an automatic timer and brightness options to customize it according to your needs.
- The soothing aurora creates a relaxing environment.
- Super quiet and does not make any sound.
- Does not include an option for sounds
- The Sky Lite instantly projects a field of drifting GREEN stars against a transforming BLUE nebula cloud (Patent Protected).
- Sky Lite incorporates a direct diode Laser, precision glass optics and holographic technologies to create an otherworldly visual experience.
- With soothing aurora effects that create a relaxing environment in any room, the Sky Lite is a standout gift for adults and kids alike.
The Fisher-Price Baby Light Projection Soother has it all that is needed to put your little one to sleep. The different combinations allow you to mix and match the settings according to your baby’s needs. You can choose between bright or dim lighting, loud or soft voices, sounds or music, and ceiling or crib light! As soon as you turn it on, your kid will leave everything and start focusing on the ‘animal pals’ that bob, swing, and peek a boo from the window.
- Soothing and dim light proves to be perfect as a night light.
- Quiet sound allows your little one to sleep in peace.
- Perfect for newborns as the overhead projection, animal pals, and music engages the baby’s visual and auditory senses.
- Kid-activated button to allow them to operate on their own.
- Sleep-expert approved.
- Starts with soothing sounds and eventually transforms into a white noise sound.
- Short on volume control and brightness adjustment settings.
- Does not come with remote control, so you need to turn it off manually.
- Music and light projection soother for babies from birth +
- Sleep expert approved Ready, Settle, Sleep playlist helps your baby fall and stay asleep
- Customizable with 30 minutes of music or sounds, volume control, starlight projection, colorful lights, and quiet character motion
The Cloud B Twilight Turtle Classic Night Light Projector is the perfect plushie star projector that casts stars and moon all onto the ceiling to help your kid to focus and then eventually feel drowsy and fall asleep from watching the calming starry sky.
- You can filter through the three available colors: Blue, Orange, and Green, to settle for the one that your child likes the best.
- The batteries last a very long time since the Cloud B Twilight auto shut itself after 45 minutes.
- The lights are not bright enough to keep your little one awake throughout the night.
- Turning it on only requires the click of a button, so your baby can figure it out and do it on their own.
- The plastic over the turtle shell is smooth yet sturdy, thus not being a potential hazard for your baby.
- For best results, you have to place it at a higher spot in the middle of the room. But this adjustment is not feasible for most people.
- The customer service at Cloud B is not the best to deal with.
- TWILIGHT TURTLE: Make fear of the dark a thing of the past.
- COMFORTING: Our products are designed to help calm and soothe children to fall asleep better and make bedtime more pleasant and comforting.
- STAR PROJECTION: Gentle light and calming night-sky effect with constellations.
The Fisher-Price Smart Connect Baby Soother Projector comes with everything you can think of. With three sound options (soothing music, nature sounds, white noise) and three lighting options (soft amber night light, star projector, soft amber animals projection), you can play around with the different light and sound settings and settle for the one that suits you the best!
- You can control and customize the projector using the Fisher-Price Smart Connect app on any smart device.
- It operates through plugging into the socket, so it is perfect if you want a night light functioning for the entire night.
- Aesthetically pleasing, hence it would match the interior of the room.
- When changing from one sound to the other, the sounds blend together to ensure no disruption.
- The buttons on the night light are backlit, thus visible during the night.
- The settings on the app and actual settings on the night light might conflict at times, especially if you are at a considerable distance.
- Only one person can be connected to the app at a time.
- 3 sound options, each with full volume control:Soothing musicNature soundsWhite noise
- 3 lighting options (choose just one or any combination!):Soft amber night lightStarlight projection (with tons of colors to choose from!)Soft amber animals projection
- Convenient Smart Connect app:Customize and control lighting, sounds and timerSleep Stages tool helps create a personalized bedtime routine(Smart device not included.)
The VTech Baby Lil’ Critters Soothing Starlight has six settings for custom lights play and over 100 in-built songs in it, so you have something for everyone, making it an ideal choice if you want to have kids close in age. It requires 2 AA batteries to function, so you do not have to worry about the hazard of plugging it in the kid’s room.
- The projector is voice-operated, meaning it turns on the night light and sounds as soon as it hears your baby cry.
- Compact in size, making it ideal for sleep times as well as nighttime car rides.
- A customizable timer with intervals of 10, 20, and 30 minutes allows you to choose the one that suits you best.
- You have various combinations to choose from – sounds and lights, only sounds, and only lights depending upon your requirements.
- The nursery rhymes played on the projector encourage the first words of your baby.
- It does not play white noise.
- The songs are not calming enough to encourage sleep times.
- Sweet dreams are ahead with the infant crib toy; crib projector has colorful lights that project calming night sky on nursery wall
- Baby crib soother plays 100+ soothing songs, melodies, sounds and phrases; infant stuffed animal plays nursery rhymes that encourage first words
- Baby crib toy is voice activated to respond to your baby's cry; timer switch plays 10, 20 or 30 minutes of lights and sounds
The Bubzi Co Baby Soother Plush Toy Owl with Cry Activated Sensor is ideal for those fussy babies who can’t seem to settle down and hence also end up keeping their parents awake at night. Apart from 10 different songs, the Bubzi Co Baby Soother also plays a natural bird song, a heartbeat sound, and white noise to calm and settle your baby.
- The lights and sounds turn off after 30 minutes, thus storing energy.
- The removable battery pack makes it convenient to replace batteries when required.
- The Bubzi Co plush owl is washable once you remove the battery pack, so you no longer have to worry about it being dirty.
- Three different levels of volume control allow you to choose the best depending upon your kid’s energy level.
- The Bubzi Co baby projector has a little velcro loop in the back so you can hang it up on the crib.
- The timer to turn it off is not customizable.
- The cry-activated sensor only turns it on when the baby cries for five minutes.
- Now With Cry Activated Sensor and 20 Soothing Sounds! Sweet Snuggly Owl Soothes Baby To Sleep – Guilt free sleep training begins with Bubzi Co soothing sleep owls. Calming lullabies accompany mesmerizing rotating galaxy lights, keeping little one’s content, safe and relaxed as they drift off to sleep. Perfect for nurturing healthy sleep habits that help kids stay asleep in their own beds (priceless!) - No rocking, walking or pleading required. As recommended by The Baby Sleep Site Experts!
- Automatic Cry Sensor - Activates when baby cries to play sound and light for 5 minutes. 30 minute auto off. Turn on the sound machine, walk away and experience peace of mind knowing your babies’ minutes from drifting into dreamland. 20 relaxing songs, mama’s heartbeat sound and gentle bird song quickly lull tired eyes to sleep in 30 minutes before automatically stopping
- Keeps Baby Content – Gentle night light holds babies attention so you can get things done, projecting an enchanting, fading constellation of star lights colors on dark ceilings or walls – The perfect baby nightlight projector for calming anxious minds, even when it’s not bedtime
The Hatch Rest+ Baby Sound Machine Projector is not only perfect for sleeping at night but also works great for waking up in the morning! You can set up different timings for naps, bedtime, and wake-up time, with a customized voice for all three of them.
- The variety of sounds and lights is impeccable, allowing you to customize it according to your needs.
- The two-way audio monitor allows you to listen and talk to your child through your phone with a clear transmission.
- The LED clock displays the time at your choice of brightness. It can also be turned off if you desire.
- Wifi and Alexa are enabled, allowing you to control it from anywhere at any time.
- Perfect for sleep training your baby.
- Colors are inconsistent in hue as you change to low brightness.
- Using the sound machine and the audio monitor at the same time does not filter out the sound.
- Sound Machine: Select from a library of snooze-inducing sounds, lullabies, and white noise. Expert recommended for babies, toddlers, and kids.
- Night Light: Choose from a rainbow of colors to make it your own gentle and reassuring kids night light.
- Time-to-Rise: Set programs to cue your child for tricky transitions: naps, bedtime, and morning. The perfect kids alarm clock and toddler sleep trainer.
The SleepyMe Smart Sleep Soother is the cutest baby night light that you will find to put your child to sleep. The star projector is shaped like a chick that casts a starry night sky onto the ceiling while also playing a variety of sounds and white noise.
- Allows you to customize the color, brightness, sounds, volume control, and time according to your preferences.
- You can choose between one color mode (Blue, Green, Orange) and the run-all mode, which cycles colors automatically.
- Portable and compact, thus allowing you to take it with you while traveling.
- Free from Bisphenol A (BPA) hence you can give it to your kids without any worries.
- You can shuffle through three different combinations – the star night light projection without the music, music without the projection, and both at the same time.
- The sound volume control is not loud enough to drown out the antics of your kid.
- Since it runs on batteries, turning it on for the entire night is not very energy efficient.
- 🐤 ADORABLE CHICK SOOTHES BABY TO SLEEP - Hey, I’m SleepyMe. I’ll be your little one's new best friend and I’m here to help make bedtime routine fun. I’ll fill the entire room with colorful stars and play ten calming lullabies and nature sounds that will soothe your baby to sleep, supporting healthy sleep training.
- 👨👩👧👦 EASILY ADJUSTABLE - SleepyMe combines a sound machine and a multi-functional star projector with endless variations. Designed to fit any room condition and preference. Color, brightness, sound, volume level and time can be customized. Programs can be set to turn off automatically after 30 minutes, 60 minutes or play all night.
- ⭐10 CALMING MELODIES - 3 COLORS FULL ROOM STAR PROJECTOR - Sounds include MOTHER’S HEARTBEAT, WHITE NOISE, LULLABIES and NATURE SOUNDS that can be played in sequence or in repeat. The star projector offers three colors and run-all mode that softly rotates all colors.
The Munchkin Shhh Portable Baby Sleep Soother is a lifesaver for quieting an overtired baby or drowning out other sounds. The three different sounds – shushing, heartbeat, and white noise – give you the freedom to explore and choose the one that calms your baby the best.
- Compact and portable for on-the-go use, even during travel.
- The light is not too bright yet still dim enough to serve its purpose.
- Has three options for an automatic shut off timer, with increments of 10, 20, and 30 minutes, so you can choose the one that suits your baby the best.
- The night light can either be set to a solid color or along with the pulse of the music, giving your child something to focus on while sleeping.
- It can be stood up, laid on its side, or laid right in the bassinet or swing with the baby.
- Does not have an option for continuous play.
- The buttons can be difficult to find, especially in the dark.
- Portable light and sound machine calms little ones with three different sounds - shushing, heartbeat and white noise
- Improved buttons - 3-D icons make it easy to find and toggle sound, volume and light controls in a dark or dim setting
- Soft night light can glow solid or pulse in sync with the selected sound
The Moredig Baby Night Light Projector creates a vivid and colorful sky, along with various customizable themes, on your wall with its two projection films. It also has 12 built-in songs in it, so your baby feels free to choose the one that they like the most and sleep peacefully.
- The remote control aids you in turning the baby projector on or off, adjusting colorful lights, songs, timer, and rotation from a distance.
- The automatic shut timer has a wide range for customization, varying from 5 minutes to 500 minutes.
- Enhances your baby’s perception of height, depth, and three dimensions by projecting different scenarios.
- It is powered by a USB cable instead of aaa batteries, allowing you to plug it in for the entire night.
- Comes with three filters in a dome: an astronaut theme, an animal theme, and a foggy white dome for just using as a soft glow.
- The remote only works for up to five meters of distance.
- The remote operates using a certain battery but does not come with it.
- Distance Is No Longer A Problem --- Don't have to get out of bed or sofa to start or close the light anymore. You can turn ON/OFF the baby projector, adjust colorful lights, songs, timer and rotation easily via the remote control.
- Auto Off Timer Design --- The baby light projector allows you to set time from 5 - 500 minutes, the whole functions will turn off automatically while the time is end, effectively realize energy saving.
- Space World / Animal World Projection --- Creates a vivid & colorful sky and jungle animal on the wall and ceiling with these two projection films. Enhance your baby's perception of the height, depth, and three-dimensional.
The Infantino 3 in 1 Projector Musical Mobile is among one of its kind baby projectors, as it not only serves as a night light but also features a wake-up mode that simulates daylight. Moreover, it requires 3 AAA batteries to function, which makes it portable as well as safe to be placed within a nursery.
- The three detachable hanging characters engage your baby at all times and aid in improving eye-tracking ability.
- Multipurpose, as you can use it as a mobile, a cot light and projector as well as a tabletop light and projector.
- The neutral color makes it perfect for an aesthetic nursery.
- Easy to clean and care for, hence you do not have to worry about your little one making it dirty.
- Six melodies and four nature sounds allow you to explore and choose the one that soothes your baby the best.
- Choose the sizing carefully, as the size of this baby projector does not fit every cot.
- Not very attractive in color for newborns.
- Design: Helps babies and toddlers feel safe at night so that they sleep soundly, featuring Auto-Off and Sleep Modes to lull baby to sleep as well as Wake Up mode to simulate daylight
- Developmental benefits: 3 cute detachable hanging characters that engage baby to aid in eye tracking; complete with mirror, music and projector and shut-off timer for falling asleep
- Adjustability: Grow with me projector mobile. 3 ways to keep baby engaged as they grow, as a mobile for their younger years, a cot light and projector as well as a table top light and projector
While motherhood does come with its own set of challenges, certain products make the entire process somewhat enjoyable and manageable. These include baby monitors and baby light shows.
Baby light shows are the easiest and the most convenient way of putting your little one to sleep, with almost no fussing and crying. Baby light shows are achieved through a baby projector, which helps your child to focus and then eventually fall asleep.
There is a variety of baby projectors available in the market, ranging from soft plushie ones to aesthetically pleasing neutral-colored ones. Moreover, they not only act as a sleep soother, but most of them also come with an in-built sound machine that plays white noise and nature sounds, apart from nursery rhymes and lullabies.
When it comes to the benefits of getting baby projectors, they have numerous benefits for babies and children as well as their parents. They help your child to relax, even if they wake up in the middle of the night.
The projectors also act as a sleep soother and a night light that brightens up the room enough for your kids to not be scared of the dark. Moreover, these crib soothers also aid in increasing focus and creativity, and as a result, the parents also end up having a sound and uninterrupted sleep at night.
Choosing the best sleep soother projector for your little one can be quite a daunting task, but various factors are present to assist and guide you before you make the purchase. Some of these factors include:
Different projectors work for different babies and children depending upon their age. Like for newborns, a projector soother with bright colors will be attractive, but as they grow older, they would much more prefer one with their favorite sounds or nursery rhymes.
Moreover, as a parent, you should check the appropriate age bracket for the sleep soother you are intending to buy, to ensure that it is safe to be placed near your child.
Well, let us be honest here, babies and children find a way to make everything dirty, from vomiting on a crib mattress to pooping a rainbow of colors, even if you think it can never be made messy. The same is the case with a projector. No matter how far away you place it from the baby’s crib, it is bound to get dirty at some point, and trust me when I say we moms do not need an additional thing to clean!
While plush soothers are cute and snuggly, they are also difficult to maintain and clean, so perhaps you should invest in one that can be cleaned by only wiping and dusting.
As a parent, your little one’s safety is your first priority. This is why you should spend some extra time to ensure that the soother projector you intend to buy for your baby is safe for their age and passes the usual safety standards. All of this information is usually available on the packaging of the projectors, so make sure to take your time to go through it.
Sometimes, you need specific requirements to help your baby sleep at night. There are several projectors available in the market, so you need to make sure what are the exact features that you need in a projector. You need to figure out if you need a sound machine with various sound options, night lights with several light modes, or a combination of both.
If you are on the hunt of finding the perfect projector, you must know that some projectors are battery-operated, and some need to be plugged in a power supply, usually through a USB cable.
Ideally, if you intend to leave the projector on for the entire night, you should look for one that can be plugged in, as keeping a battery-operated projector soother on for the night will lead to quick drainage of batteries and frequent replacements.
If you are a family big on travel and vacations, you should look for compact-sized soothers that are known for their portability so that your baby does not have to spend a single night without their trusted night companion.
Moreover, if you are planning to keep a single soother for your baby for an initial couple of years, you should invest in one that adapts to the changes in your baby’s age by staying relevant and interesting throughout.
Getting a soother for your baby is a new experience for you as well as them, so you intend to make the most out of it at all times. Some certain tips and tricks will come in handy when you install it in your baby’s nursery, some of which include:
- Place the soother at a location where it covers most of the room, which is usually low on the ground in the center of the room. It will not only give more coverage but will also add to the focus of your baby.
- If you have a multicolor light show projection installed within the sleep soother, try a new hue of light every night to ensure that the sleep routine does not become monotonous, and your child has something to look forward to every night.
- Switch the location of the soother every couple of nights to add a little excitement to your little one’s routine by altering the projection from the soother.
- There is nothing like creativity, so invest in a star projector that casts a starry night sky onto the ceiling and plays nature sounds as well as white noise. In short, get a projector that offers you variety.
Light shows are a great way to calm down stressed and fussy babies at night time, as they give the little ones something to focus on. According to Experienced Mommy, ‘A quality and effective baby projector soother is a nursery must-have to keep baby calm and mom sane.’
The projector, along with white noise and nature sounds, acts as a distraction for the baby until they naturally fall asleep. It also improves their long-term sleeping pattern by introducing a routine.
While a pitch-black room is essential for adults to sleep, we should not assume that this works for babies too. For the first 2-4 months, babies have no concept of day or night, so they do not react differently to a difference in lighting in the room.
However, when they are a little older and begin to recognize things around them, having a projection of soft light in their room through a night lamp adds to their sense of comfort and relief.
As a parent, you want to get the best for your child, even when it comes to a night light. There are different modes of night lights available in the market, and we also know that different colors have varying impacts on your baby’s sleep.
According to the Parent Guide, the best color for a night light is red or orange, as ‘they are the same colors that feature prominently in the twilight of sunset, nature’s very own way of telling you to get ready for bed.’ Moreover, the red color is also soothing for your baby as it is ‘the only colored light your baby would have seen in the womb.’
Although a lot has been said and done about establishing a pattern between LED lights and babies, no firm decision has been made about it. Realistically speaking, blue light is the harmful component of LED lights, as they can cause blurry vision or disturb sleep patterns. On the other hand, red is a visible color farther down on the light spectrum that is safe and least harmful.
There is no certain answer to this question as not all babies are the same, nor do they exhibit the same habits and patterns. As a parent, you should only feel confident to stop using projection lights for your kids when they feel safe and comfortable with sleeping in the dark by themselves.
White noise sound and music nature sounds are great ways to calm your child when nothing seems to settle them. It also helps your child to stay asleep for longer uninterrupted periods as white noise sound cancels out all background noises and voices and offers your child comfort and a womb-like environment.
In a nutshell, projectors are a great purchase for parents who have babies that have trouble falling asleep at night or are scared of the dark. The BlissLights Sky Lite LED Laser Star Projector is easily our top pick among projectors.
It not only gives babies a sense of comfort and relief but also gives them something to focus on to help calm themselves down before bedtime. As a result, the parents also end up having a sound and uninterrupted sleep to tackle the next day with energy and enthusiasm. Hence, it is a win-win situation for all!
Last update on 2021-09-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API