Are you an outdoorsy type of person? Do you wish to share your love for the outdoors with your little one? That’s easy! Bring him along with you in a baby stroller when you’re jogging, checking out different nature trails, or visiting the beach!
However, there’s one problem you may encounter when you do—it would be difficult for you to control and maneuver a regular stroller through these terrains.
Lucky for you, there’s a simple solution for this—3 wheeled baby strollers.
But what are the benefits of a 3 wheel baby stroller? And what is the best 3 wheel stroller in the market?
We personally think that Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight jogging stroller is the best overall 3 wheeled stroller in the market among the 12 models we have researched on, but of course, you should go through each stroller to understand the pros and cons before deciding on your perfect choice.
Best 3 Wheel Stroller Top Picks
3-wheel Vs. 4-wheel Strollers: What’s the Difference?
Many parents think that the more wheels a baby stroller has, the more superior it is. This is not always the case. The manufacturer creates the 3-wheel stroller for a reason.
One commonly asked question among parents is which type of stroller is best – a 3 wheel stroller or one with 4 wheels?
To know the differences in terms of strength and weaknesses, here’s a comparison table between the two:
|Type of Stroller||Pros||Cons|
3- wheel Stroller
4- wheel Stroller
| || |
So what is the best condition to use a 3 wheel stroller? Considering the differences between the two, we can say that the 3-wheel stroller is an excellent option if you like to:
- Jog and hike on nature trails a lot
- Stroll with your baby on bumpy roads and rough grounds
- Go to sandy beaches
- Bring your baby to malls and other crowded places.
How to Choose a 3-wheeled Baby Stroller
If you frequent the abovementioned places, you may want to invest in a 3-wheeled baby stroller. Fortunately yet unfortunately, there are plenty of options to choose from that making a good choice on the best 3 wheel stroller can be tough.
To weed out the bad from the good ones, you would need to take into consideration a few essential factors. Here are some of them:
Of course, we want only the best for our babies, and their stroller build is no exception. The frame must be durable enough to accommodate your child’s weight, especially if you’re going for a stroller for big kids (you can refer to the stroller’s maximum weight capacity to ensure this).
Additionally, there must not be any pointed or rough edges on any part of the stroller. The stroller’s seat must be padded for your child’s comfort. It must also have a large canopy for sun protection.
3-wheeled strollers have two types of wheels—foam-filled wheels and air-filled rubber tires. The good thing about foam-filled wheels is you don’t need to pump air in it. Additionally, they won’t get punctured.
On the other hand, air-filled wheels offer a more stable, smoother ride and are easier to navigate.
With these differences in mind, foam-filled wheels are enough for strolling in town whole air-filled ones are the wheels of choice for rougher terrains.
Wheel Locking System
A swivel front wheel is a nice feature to have for strolling on bumpier roads. However, it’s not recommended for jogging on smooth terrains. That’s why you should choose a stroller with a wheel locking system so you can keep the stroller in line when you’re at the mall.
Ensure that the wheel locking system is easy to access so you can lock the wheels in place hassle-free.
If possible, choose a stroller with linked parking brakes. This means that the brake can already lock in two wheels. The brakes can be hand-operated or foot-operated. Most parents find hand-operated brakes to be more convenient.
Harnesses and Straps
The 5-point harness is the gold standard for the stroller’s safety features. In addition to the harness type, you should also ensure that your best 3 wheel stroller straps are padded for your baby’s comfort.
Compatibility with Car Seats
A three wheel stroller with car seat is the ultimate travel system. That’s why you may want to look for the best 3 wheel stroller that is compatible with your baby’s car seat.
You should pay attention to other stroller features: the storage, leg rests, adjustable handlebar, and reclining seat.
12 Best 3 Wheel Stroller Reviews
I will share with you my 12 top picks for a 3 wheel jogger stroller. I came across these products while I was looking for my child’s strollers 3 wheel, so I’m going to share some of my discoveries about each product so you can determine which would suit your need best.
1. Graco FastAction Fold Jogger Travel System
The Graco FastAction Jogger Travel System’s claim to fame is it’s a crossover stroller. The 3 wheeled baby stroller is designed to provide the comfort and convenience of a traditional stroller and the maneuverability of a jogger stroller.
They didn’t lie. The stroller features a one-second and one-hand fold design that allows you to fold and store it instantly. The stroller’s weight capacity range is 4 to 50 lbs. It’s also suitable for babies and kids up to 32 inches. This is quite impressive as its maximum height capacity is double that of the other strollers.
Considered to be a jogging stroller, the stroller has an air-filled tired with a swiveling front wheel, so you can use it even when you’re jogging on uneven roads. The good news is it comes with a wheel lock system that makes it suitable for smooth roads.
- Already includes Car Seat
- Comes in two colors—black and red
- Multi-position reclining seat
- Self-stands when folded
- Storage options include a storage basket and trays with cup holders.
- Poor customer service
- Canopy is not big enough
- Includes the Graco SnugRide 35 Infant Car Seat, rear facing for infants from 4 35 pound and up to 32"
- One second, one hand fold provides the Ultimate in convenience for moms on the go
- Air filled rubber tires offer suspension for a smooth ride on any terrain
2. BOB Gear Revolution Flex 3.0 Jogging Stroller
The BOB Gear revolution Jogging Stroller promises to give you a smooth ride. With its suspension system and air-filled tires, it can indeed live up to its promise.
As if that’s not enough, they even incorporated a 360-degree swiveling front wheel that would undoubtedly aid in keeping the stroller stable despite how bumpy the roads are.
Your baby will love the Infinite recline feature of this stroller as it will allow you to position the seat in an angle that’s most comfortable for your baby. The ultra-padded compression seat will ensure that your child will make the ride less bumpy and much more comfortable.
On the other hand, the adjustable handlebar is the manufacturer’s gift to you. With this feature, you adjust it to the height that would suit you the best.
- Available in two shades of black—graphite, and lunar
- Travel-system ready
- Water-resistant, UPF-protected, and reflective canopy
- 6 large storage pockets
- With peek and chat window
- Car seat adapter not included
- Smooth ride: Suspension system & air filled tires provide an ultra-smooth ride over any terrain
- Perfect fit: Adjustable handlebar creates the perfect fit for parents of all heights; No-rethread harness design for easy height adjustments
- Extra space: 6 storage pockets & extra-large cargo basket provide plenty of room for your gear; Includes a cell phone pocket at the handlebar
3. Baby Jogger Summit X3 Double Jogging Stroller
If you think you can’t jog with your twins in tow, the Baby Jogger Summit X3 will prove you wrong! This twin stroller has a maximum combined weight capacity of 100 lbs and suitable for kids up to 23 inches.
Even though it’s capacity is twice than a solo jogger stroller, it still has all the fantastic features you would find in solo strollers. Of course, it’s equipped with air-filled tires and an all-wheel suspension system that works together to make a supposedly bumpy ride a lot smoother.
What I love the most about this stroller is its hand-operated rear brakes for easy access. Additionally, it has a wheel lock on the handlebar so you can easily lock in the swivel front wheel with ease.
- UV 50+ Canopy
- Seats recline to a near flat
- Stroller folds even with accessories attached
- Hand and foot-operated brakes
- One-hand quick fold technology
- Not travel system-ready
- Handlebar is not adjustable
- Patented quick fold technology allows you to fold your double jogging stroller in one step
- 16 inches rear and 12 inches front air filled tires with front wheel lock mounted on the handlebar for easy conversions between jogger and stroller mode
- All wheel suspension system soaks up road bumps and hand operated rear drum brakes give better control on hilly or uneven terrain
4. Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight Jogging Stroller
The Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight jogging stroller is all about high maximum weight capacity and lightweight frame. This 25.7 lb stroller can accommodate babies weighing up to 75 lbs, thanks to its lightweight yet durable 6061 aircraft aluminum frame.
This best 3 wheel stroller is recommended for babies 3 to 36 months old and is equipped with extra-large air-filled tires and shock-absorbing suspension designed to overcome and deliver a bump-less ride on all types of terrain.
With its swivel wheel and wheel locking system, the stroller works well on rough and smooth terrains. The stroller’s straight through axle runs truer and straighter and is perfect for running on paved roads.
- Car seat adaptable
- Lightweight mesh for reduced weight and better ventilation
- Oversized canopy with window for the ultimate sun protection
- Plenty of storage options — parent organizer with 2 cup holders, zippered pockets, sizeable easy-to-access basket, and in-seat mesh pockets
- Already includes a pump
- Folds compact and auto-locks when folded
- Not easy to fold
- If your child is taller than 18 inches, you can’t recline the seat
- Extra wide seat sits high to give child great visibility, multi-position seat recline
- Includes parent organizer, running leash, and tire pump
- Quick release 16" rear wheels and 12.5" swivel front wheel that locks straight
5. Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Travel System
The Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Travel System grows with your baby as it’s designed to accommodate babies from birth up to 50 pounds with a maximum height of 42 inches.
It also comes with a car seat that can be positioned rear-facing a suitable newborn, weighing 4 to 30 lbs and 30 inches. You would also love the 5-point harness system that you’ll find in the car seat.
For me, the feature that takes the cake is its large bicycle tires (16-inch rear and 12-inch front swivel wheels), which can roll on any type of surface without any issues. The front-wheel also locks so you can jog on paved roads safely.
If you have twins, you’ll be happy to know that you can also enjoy this feature with the Baby Trend Expedition Double Jogger Stroller.
- Multi-position reclining seat
- Comfortable padded seat
- Covered compartment storage and parent tray with cup holders
- Footrest reflectors for better low light visibility
- Energy-absorbing foam on the car seat for side-impact head protection
- Car seat material tends to trap heat
- Cup holder is too small
- Stroller is for a child from birth up to 50 pounds, Max height limit is 42" tall
- Stroller has multi-position reclining padded seat with a 5-point harness and lightweight steel frame
- 16" rear and 12"front all terrain bicycle tires, with front swivel and locking wheel for easy jogging or strolling
6. Thule Urban Glide 2 Jogging Stroller
The Thule Urban Glide 2 Jogging Stroller is created with both the mother and the baby in mind.
The stroller showcases large 16-inch rear wheels paired with an all-wheel suspension so both of you can enjoy a smooth and hassle-free ride. Add in the swivel front locking wheel, and you and your baby can indeed tackle any adventure, anytime!
This best 3 wheel stroller model is designed to keep your baby safe as it has the most coveted 5-point harness. This is considered to be the best type of stroller harness.
Another safety feature I adore is the twist hand brake that allows you to stop the stroller easily. This is located in the stroller’s adjustable handlebar.
For more details and comparison notes, consider reading our Thule Urban Glide vs Bob Revolution review.
- Five colors to choose from
- Big storage basket with zip-top cover
- Passes through doorways that are 31.5 inch wide
- One-hand folding mechanism and one-handed recline
- Multi-position canopy with ventilation windows
- Seat may not be deep enough for younger babies
- A lightweight, all-terrain stroller perfect for jogging or strolling through town
- Swivel front wheel locks into place for jogging
- Large 16" rear wheels plus suspension for an ultra smooth ride
7. Chicco Viaro Quick-Fold Stroller
The affordable Chicco Stroller is known for its quick-fold design. Under the seat, you can find a pull-strap and button which you can use to activate the stroller’s one-hand fold mechanism. Another good news is the stroller also has a free-standing fold design, which would come handy if you always have your hands full—which is always, for sure!
With the stroller’s swiveling front wheel, it’s easy to maneuver and control. Paired with toe-tap rear brakes, you can easily put the stroller to a stop for a more convenient parking experience.
The stroller is recommended for babies less than 36 months old and weighing up to 50 lbs
- Big storage basket which you can access from the front and back
- Works with all Chicco Fit2 and KeyFit infant car seats
- Child and parent tray with two cup holders each
- Padded handlebar for your comfort
- Adjustable canopy
- Multi-position reclining seat
- Seat is difficult to recline
- Harness is a bit fussy to work with
- Includes the No.1-rated Chicco KeyFit 30 Infant Car Seat
- Lightweight aluminum frame and sleek 3-wheel design
- 1-hand, free-standing fold
8. Jeep Deluxe Patriot Open Trails Jogger
Your child’s safety and smooth ride—these are what the Jeep Deluxe Patriot Jogger is all about.
Let’s start with the stroller’s 5-point harness, which keeps your baby in place even when you pass through bumpy roads. The reflective harness improves the stroller’s visibility at night or under low light conditions.
Additionally, its handlebar comes with a safety tether strap that you can attach to your wrist while you jog.
For a smooth ride, the stroller comes with air-filled rubber tires designed to absorb bumps. The swivel front wheel is perfect for maneuvering in bumpy roads. If you want to increase its stability while walking or jogging, you have the option to lock the front wheel in place.
- Meets Disney Size requirements
- Includes car seat adapter
- Foam handlebar for your comfort
- Parent tray comes with 2 cup holders and smartphone storage
- 3 stylish color options
- Most affordable
- Canopy has no peekaboo window
- The canopy is not big enough
- RECOMMENDED USE: Holds up to 50 lbs./ 42" | This jogging stroller accepts a number of popular infant car seats with a secure attachment to create your own travel system | Meets Disney size requirements
- SMOOTH RIDE: Locking swivel-front wheel for stability when jogging and easy mobility while walking | Air filled rubber tires absorb bumps | Reclining seat allows kids to comfortably take a nap | Extendable canopy with UPF 50+ sun visor blocks rays
- ABUNDANCE OF STORAGE: Undercarriage storage bin hold all your child's essentials | Parent tray with two cup holders and clear smart phone storage provides space for your travel necessities
9. BOB Gear Rambler Jogging Stroller
I’ve mentioned that the most common problem with 3-wheel strollers is they are bulky. The Bob Gear Rambler Stroller found a way to solve this by using compact air-filled tires so you’re assured that it can fit your trunk. The rear wheels are also easy to remove to minimize the stroller’s footprint.
It’s also made for your convenience as it features a no-rethread harness design for hassle-free height adjustments. Additionally, it has one-hand recline adjustments so you can recline your child’s seat in the easiest way possible.
You also don’t have to worry about your child’s comfort since the seat of this best 3 wheel stroller is fully padded. The great news is your baby can use this stroller from birth to 75 lbs!
- Large cargo basket for spacious underneath storage
- Fully upright seat
- Compatible with BOB car infant seats
- Large UPF 50+ Canopy
- Flip-flop-friendly parking brake
- Car seat adapter is sold separately
- Smooth ride: Suspension system provides an ultra-smooth ride; Compact, air-filled tires save on trunk space
- Perfect Fit: No-rethread harness design for easy height adjustments as your child grows
- Extra space: Large lowboy cargo basket for spacious storage underneath the stroller seat
10. Britax B-Agile Lightweight Stroller
The Britax B-Agile Lightweight Stroller is designed for multitasking parents. It has the sought-after one-hand fold that allows you to quickly and conveniently fold the stroller.
The all-wheel suspension and front swivel wheel of the stroller is not just to provide a smooth ride for your baby. It’s also designed for easy maneuverability and one-hand operation. On the other hand, the stroller’s click and design will let you attach the car seat to the stroller in an instant.
The stroller also features plenty of safety features. For one, it has linked parking brakes so you can lock in both wheels in just one step. Additionally, it has reflective harness straps to increase your visibility. This would be a handy feature if you love jogging or walking at night.
- Compatible with Britax Car infant seats
- Highly affordable
- Large expandable canopy with mesh window
- Lightweight aluminum frame
- Stylish appearance
- Storage basket is not big enough
- Cup holders and trays must be purchased separately.
- PARENT CONVENIENCE: One-hand quick fold; extra-large storage basket
- SMOOTH RIDE: Lightweight design and all-wheel suspension for smooth, easy strolls
- CHECK IN & CHAT: Ventilated, UPF 50+ canopy with peek-a-boo window for checking on baby
11. Graco Aire3 Travel System
The Graco Aire3 Travel System is a 3-way stroller that allows rear-face seating. The stroller’s on-the-go bassinet can be flipped up to see your baby while you’re on the go. It comes with a multi-position reclining seat that offers a cozy and smooth ride for babies weighing 4 to 30 lbs.
The manufacturer promises nothing but convenience to parents. The stroller has a removable rest bar so you can easily take your baby out of the stroller.
It also folds in just one motion using only one hand so you can do other things while folding it. After all, multitasking is our forte, right?
- Carrying strap for added portability
- Extra-large storage basket
- Parent tray with cup holders and zippered storage
- Large canopy with zippered extension
- Already comes with a car seat
- Limited weight capacity
- Buckling the stroller straps is a bit difficult.
- Includes the Snug Ride Snug Lock 30 Infant Car Seat, rear facing for infants 4-35 pounds.
- Stroller folds easily in one second & with one hand and features a convenient carrying strap for extra portability
- Stroller automatically locks and is self-standing, so it's easy to transport & store
12. Baby Jogger City Mini 2 Stroller – 2019
Lightweight and compact is the name of the Baby Jogger City Mini 2 Stroller’s game! Weighing only 18.8 lbs, this is most probably the lightest stroller in the list. Despite its small size, I’ve found this to be one of the most versatile 3-wheel strollers in the market, and I have plenty of good reasons to claim that.
For one, the stroller can accommodate babies aging 1 month to 54 months. That’s a wide age range for a stroller! Honestly, a stroller suitable for a 1-month old baby is difficult to find, so this is a big plus!
The stroller also prioritizes your baby’s comfort. Its seat can be positioned to a near flat recline so your baby can lie comfortably on the stroller as you enjoy your favorite activities. The adjustable calf support will ensure that your baby’s legs will be in a comfortable position.
The manufacturer’s gift to us is its one-hand fold design, which allows you to store and stow it even if you’re carrying your baby on your other hand.
That’s not all. There’s this one more thing you would love about this stroller—its price! Aside from being the most lightweight and compact, it’s also one of the most affordable 3-wheel stroller available today.
- Comes in 4 eye-catching colors
- Auto locks when folded
- Travel system ready
- Lots of available parent and baby accessories—pram glider, parent and child tray
- Full coverage sun-protected canopy with windows
- Seat straps are not user-friendly
- Limited storage options
- Baby Jogger City Mini 2 Jet
- Lift a strap with one hand and the City Mini 2 folds itself simply and compactly; The auto lock will lock the fold for transportation or storage
- The adjustable calf support provides on the go comfort for baby
Which is the Best 3 Wheel Stroller for Your Little One?
Choosing the best 3-wheel stroller is less frustrating when you have all the necessary considerations, from stroller build, wheel type, safety harnesses to personal preferences on features like handlebars and seat recline to suit you and your baby.
For us, the best 3 wheel stroller is the Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight Jogging Stroller because it has high maximum weight capacity along with all essential features—air-filled tires, suspension, wheel locking system, and storage! The best thing is it’s affordable, which is a big plus for me!
What’s your best 3 wheel stroller pick though? Share with us your thoughts, and if you enjoy reading this article, spread the word to people who may benefit from this!
Last update on 2021-06-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API