When it comes to transporting your small infants from one place to another, we seek the help of baby strollers. Today, there are tons of options out there. With the plethora of choices, I feel like it is better for us, as parents, to choose the best stroller recommended here.
Why? It provides safety, eases movements, and most importantly, offers comfort to our precious children.
My overall rated best umbrella stroller goes to Summer Infant 3D Lite Stroller as I appreciate the ample storage and smooth steering apart from its lightweight quality, but there are other options that may appeal to you in their functionality.
Let us take a look at the list.
- What is Umbrella Stroller?
- Why Should You Choose An Umbrella Stroller?
- Best Umbrella Strollers You Should Consider Investing In!
- 1. Summer Infant 3D Lite Stroller
- 2. Kolcraft Cloud Umbrella Stroller
- 3. Baby Trend Rocket Lightweight Stroller
- 4. Graco Breaze Click Connect Umbrella Stroller
- 5. UPPAbaby G-LITE Stroller
- 6. JOOVY Groove Ultralight Umbrella Stroller
- 7. Zoe Twin+ (Zoe XL2) Stroller
- 8. Inglesina Net Stroller
- 9. BabyZen Yoyo+ Stroller
- 10. gb Pockit Stroller
- Things to Look for When Buying Umbrella Strollers
- Is it Suitable for Small Babies?
- Conclusion – Choose Wisely, Be Happy!
What is Umbrella Stroller?
Do you know what umbrella stroller is? Unlike the regular baby full size stroller, an umbrella stroller is a much more compact type of stroller. They are very easy to fold and carry around. The handles look like the handles of an umbrella – hence, the name! 
Umbrella strollers make the most convenient stroller for travel. I prefer this type of stroller over any other stroller types to carry my children around whenever I am out shopping or run errands in town. With a single hand, I can take it out of the car boot, put my child in, and off I go to handle my usual business.
Why Should You Choose An Umbrella Stroller?
Firstly, you should know that there are many types of strollers.
- Regular, full-sized baby strollers
- Jogging strollers
- Double-seat strollers
- Travel system strollers
- Umbrella strollers
Now, why do you need to choose umbrella stroller? Below are the reasons.
Ideal for Short Trips
For the purpose of going on short trips, I, like many parents, prefer umbrella strollers. Unlike the other types, umbrella strollers are not bulky.
If you are a mother who always out and about with your little child alone, it can be difficult to handle full size strollers single-handedly.
Unlike jogging strollers or double jogging strollers which were designed to withstand a much heavier weight when compared, umbrella strollers have an average weight of 10 lbs to 19 lbs. An umbrella stroller allows you to hold your infant in one hand and use another to open the car boot, take it out, release the latch, and the stroller will be ready!
Can you imagine spending hundreds of dollars on a stroller and having it break or get crooked few weeks after that?
It is a waste of money, and you will need to make another unnecessary shopping trip to get a new one.
So, your strollers must be sturdy and of a high quality. The strollers in this article provide premium quality at a fair price. You can expect to use it for many years to come, one child after another!
Storage and Canopy
Even though umbrella strollers are basic in functionality with minimal additional features, some brands do provide extra features like storage compartment and big canopy.
Parents will find these features useful. You can tuck stroller accessories such as bottles, small toys, and gadgets in the basket.
Plus, if you are out during a hot day, you can adjust the canopy to protect your child from the heat and bright light.
Umbrella lightweight strollers usually come with a seatbelt or harness. The best harness should have a five-point feature to secure our child tightly and comfortably.
The two points will come from the shoulder strap and another three from the sides and below.
It will avoid your child from falling or slipping out if you happen to unintentionally tip the stroller over when you hit obstacles.
Best Umbrella Strollers You Should Consider Investing In!
Now, let’s go ahead and find out among the top-rated choices of umbrella strollers that you can buy for your kids. Before that, in case you’re on the go, you can check out our summarized 5 best instead!
1. Summer Infant 3D Lite Stroller
There is a reason why our best overall – the Summer Infant 3D Lite Stroller is loved by many. In fact, it is the best-seller umbrella stroller on Amazon!
It has also become my favorite for three top reasons: budget-friendly, premium durability, and easy maneuvering.
Do you know 3DLite umbrella stroller uses a solid aluminum frame? When you purchase it for your first child, you can hand it down to the little brother or sister! It is practical and economical.
Plus, many users complimented the weight. At only 13 lbs, you can use and operate this stroller alone without needing help from others.
- Smooth running with the anti-shock wheels
- Comfortable with soft and foam-padded handles
- Very safe with five-point harness
- Pocket on the back and cupholder offers ample storage space
- The canopy should be longer and bigger
- No shoulder pad for the seat belts
- LIGHTWEIGHT – A lightweight stroller makes any outing a little easier. The Summer 3Dlite Convenience Stroller has a durable aluminum frame that weighs just 13 pounds and has a large seat area, plus anti-shock front wheels and lockable rear wheels.
- FOR TRAVEL AND EVERYDAY – Whether you’re traveling or just on the go running everyday errands, having a lightweight, compact stroller is a must. With this one easy to use stroller, you’ll have both an everyday and travel stroller option.
- 4-POSITION RECLINE – Keep your little one comfortable and safe at all times with the 4 position recline and 5 point safety harness. Maximum weight and height of child for this toddler stroller: 50 pounds and 43 inches.
2. Kolcraft Cloud Umbrella Stroller
When we purchase the a product, we will specifically want to enjoy the best features – and this is offered by none other than a great product from Kolcraft.
Like Summer Infant 3D Lite, although you won’t find a ton of bells and whistles in the Kolcraft Cloud, it remains being another top-selling baby stroller. Hundreds of users have purchased it, and about half of them rated it as a 5-star stroller!
Why? Well, firstly, I loved the sturdy build of this stroller. You can feel the robustness of the structures and components on this baby buggy.
Plus, at about 11 lbs, you can lift and carry it with a single hand – very convenient!
Another reason why I recommend this stroller is its large sun visor. It is perfect if you are always in the outdoor, either having a picnic at the park or simply strolling around town.
The canopy will provide your toddler the much-needed protection from the sun!
- Easy to fold and carry
- Long and well-made canopy
- Mesh back provides cool seating
- Comes with a cup holder
- Very compact when folded
- Some users said the stroller is too short
- Only has 3-point harness
- Limited recline positions
- LIGHTWEIGHT – Travel-friendly lightweight design (only 9.5 lbs), perfect for traveling and day trips
- LARGE CANOPY – Extended sun canopy and rear hood provide more sun coverage and UV protection.
- EASY FOLD -- Simple and compact 1-step fold makes travel a breeze.
3. Baby Trend Rocket Lightweight Stroller
If safety is your primary concern – just like me – then you might find Baby Trend Rocket Lightweight Stroller excellent – even without a ton of bells and whistles and additional features. Two main features of this product make it a top choice amongst parents.
On the seat, there are well-made five-point harnesses that will hold your child firmly even on a rough road surface. The belt string is also well-designed and thick.
None of us like a thin and cheap-looking harness, right?
I also think that the Baby Trend Rocket makes a good stroller option for travel intended for parents who travel a lot. A trip to Disneyland or other a short journey calling for the use a stroller for hiking trails will be a breeze with this stroller!
Why? It has many storage compartments! There are a nylon cup and cell phone holders on top and a small basket slot at the bottom.
- Lightweight at 12.5 lbs
- Stay put after folded with the parking brakes
- It is a stroller for big kids, tall parents and toddlers
- Affordable at under $60
- Useful pocket pouch
- The seat is non-adjustable
- The sun visor is not big enough
- The wheels are shaky and quite flimsy
- Comfort-grip handle and parent organizer tray
- Dual foot activated parking brake and a parent organizer with 2 cup holders
- Large canopy and basket; Baby trend rocket stroller will accommodate your growing child up to 50 pounds
4. Graco Breaze Click Connect Umbrella Stroller
This Graco umbrella stroller has a weight capacity of 50 pounds and is car seat compatible with all Graco Click Connect infant car seats. Unlike most traditional umbrella strollers that aren’t built to accept infant car seats, this one can easily transform into a travel system once you attach a car seat!
I like the comfy padded position of seating because it provides maximum comfort to the babies. Also, similar to other umbrella strollers with canopies, this one has a peekaboo window and a visor extension. It allows you to monitor the baby while pushing the stroller. The canopy has been rated for UV 50+ protection.
My favorite thing about it is the simple folding mechanism. You can fold and unfold the stroller with one hand while holding the baby and a bag full of groceries in the other!
The stroller weighs less than 18 pounds, has a large storage basket, parent cup holder, reclines, and plenty of other features. Altogether, the Graco stroller is high quality, but significantly heavier than some lightweight umbrella strollers on the list.
- Reclining umbrella stroller with customizable reclining seat
- Quick folding mechanism
- Lockable front-swivel wheels with wheel suspension
- Car seat compatible with Graco infant car seats
- Suitable for comfortable baby napping
- Tricky to tighten the harness
- Challenging to push on rougher terrains
- Holds a children up to 50 pound for years of comfortable strolling
- Deluxe padded seat with a multi-position, flat recline for a comfy ride
- Extra-large canopy with a visor extension and peek-a-boo window plus UV 50+ protection
5. UPPAbaby G-LITE Stroller
If you are looking for the best luxury + umbrella stroller for your kids, here is another option from the established UPPABaby brand. This brand has been rated highly by hundreds of users on Amazon.
Design wise, G-Lite stroller goes for the simple and minimalistic look. The full mesh back prevents heating inside the stroller.
However, it has features like the SPF 50+ Sunshade (who doesn’t love an extra sunscreen protection, right?), easy to remove and wash fabrics, big canopy, and super lightweight stroller at only 10 lbs.!
Now, this is not a versatile stroller that has every little thing, but it should be enough to transport your child from the car to the airport, store or malls.
I appreciate the compact frame and the shoulder strap. It is very easy to carry!
- Lightweight and robust aluminum frame
- Highly portable with shoulder strap
- The canopy is wide and long
- Sturdy wheels
- Compact fold
- Handles and seats are not adjustable
- The seating is too vertical
- Need to use two hands to fold and unfold
- 2017 G-LITE model
- Hand-level folding triggers - no foot action required
- Extendable SPF 50+ sunshade
6. JOOVY Groove Ultralight Umbrella Stroller
This list of top rated umbrella strollers cannot be complete without the JOOVY Groove Ultralight Umbrella Stroller. This infant umbrella stroller can recline nearly flat, so your baby can nap in the stroller comfortably.
The JOOVY stroller has some convenient features for parents, too. Those include two glass holders and a zippered storage pocket which can be used for your valuable items, such as a phone or wallet.
Parents will also appreciate the auto-fold lock and a shoulder carry strap. Overall, the JOOVY is in tough competition for the best reclining umbrella stroller.
- Compact fold
- Zippered pocket
- The leg rest is adjustable
- Fabric is water-resistant
- Deep recline is great for napping
- The fabric isn’t very soft
- Sub-par maneuverability
- Your child can nap from newborn to 55 lbs. in a near-flat recline
- UPF 50 canopy provides sun protection plus peek-a-boo window
- 2 cup holders and zippered storage pocket. The maximum height of a child the product is designed to carry is 44 inches
7. Zoe Twin+ (Zoe XL2) Stroller
Next up is an option great for parents in the quest for the best double umbrella stroller. It isn’t overly bulky, but it is comfortable. This double folding umbrella stroller can be expanded to support the weight capacity of triplets or quads when you purchase the additional seat.
The canopy is large and provides UPF 50+ protection. Even though it isn’t a fully reclining umbrella stroller with reclining seats, it is close to it. Therefore, you can use it from the age of three months until your babies overgrow the weight capacity of 45 pounds per seat.
Zoe Twin+ doesn’t differ much from other baby umbrella strollers in available add-ons. It has snack glass holders and a storage basket for a diaper bag.
I must mention the handles, which tall parents appreciate because they are placed at a slightly higher height than you would expect. Overall, the Zoe Twin+ is one of the most compact umbrella strollers you can find for two kids, which is also leading in the race of the best double strollers.
- Large oversized canopy
- Simple collapse and fold system
- Expandable with additional seats
- You can adjust the leg rest
- Quality assured
- The stroller can be difficult to push if there is significant weight difference between the two kids
- LIGHTWEIGHT - The ultimate UPF 50+ everyday twin stroller system for ages 3 months or older that is ready for your family. It can grow from a double to a triple or quad with an expandable tandem add-on seat (sold separately).
- CONVENIENT – Keep snacks and drinks where you need them with one child snack cup, two child cup holders, and one parent cup holder. The elastic storage basket is perfect for a diaper bag.
- COLLAPSE AND FOLD – This high-grade convenience stroller for two kids is Disney approved and can fit children from newborns up to 45 pounds in each seat. The simple collapse-and-fold technology only takes seconds to make this easy to store.
8. Inglesina Net Stroller
Inglesina stroller is an excellent infant umbrella stroller you can use from three months until the baby weighs over 55 pounds. The budget-friendly stroller weighs around 11 pounds and features a self-standing mechanism when folded.
The mesh seat and huge canopy with UPF50+ protection, make the Inglesina Net Stroller excellent for summer. The seat pad is also easily removable for simple maintenance.
The Inglesina umbrella stroller with shoulder straps is easy to transport, practical and comfortable for babies and parents. But, if you need an umbrella stroller with car seat for sufficient head support, you can check some other strollers on my list.
- The storage basket can hold 7 pounds of weight
- Self-standing design
- Comfortable handles
- Lockable front wheels
- Lightweight aluminum frame
- Handles aren’t adjustable as you would expect from high-end infant umbrella strollers
- LIGHTWEIGHT TRAVEL STROLLER - The Inglesina Net Stroller weighs just 11lb., features a 2-position recline, and is easily collapsible with an integrated shoulder strap; making it the perfect travel companion.
- OPENS & CLOSES WITH ONE HAND - The Inglesina Net is extremely easy to open and close, and - when folded - can stand upright on its own.
- COOL MESH DESIGN - The lightweight, yet durable, mesh design enables air to circulate; keeping your child cool in the warmest summer months. Additionally, the canopy is made from UPF 50+ rated material, protecting your child from the sun's rays.
9. BabyZen Yoyo+ Stroller
The Yoyo stroller ensures a smooth ride on almost all terrains, because of the four-wheel suspensions and excellent shock absorption. Paired with a seat cushion and reclining backrest, the Yoyo becomes one of the top-rated umbrella stroller for travel or napping.
It has a zippered pocket for your valuables and a spacious storage basket offering plenty of storage space that you can easily access from front and back.
The stroller weighs less than 14 pounds and can be driven plus one one-handed fold. When folded, it is easy to transport because of the compact design and padded shoulder strap.
Yoyo folding umbrella strollers come in nine colors which is impressive. You can also get some additional baby gear or accessories for the stroller, such as cupholders, travel, bag, parasol, etc.
- The zippered pocket is practical
- Easy to transport
- It can be used in an airplane
- One-hand operation – driving and folding
- Weight capacity only 40 pounds
- Drink holders aren’t included
- FOR YOUR CHILD, YOYO2 brings a confortable seat cushion, a multi-position reclining backrest for the nap, a secure 5 point harness and Anti-UV fabric (UPF 50+). The 4 wheel suspensions provide unrivaled shock absorption
- FOR THE PARENTS, YOYO2 brings a canopy window for keeping a constant eye on your child, a zipped back pocket to store essentials close at hand. A storage basket up to 5 kg and easily accessible from the front or back. All fabrics are washable.
- YOYO2 is compact and lightweight: 52 x 44 x 18 cm (20.5 x 17.3 x 7.1 in) for 6.2 kg (13.6 lbs.). Weight allowance up to 40 lbs. Can even be carried on the plane in both 0+ and 6+
10. gb Pockit Stroller
If you are looking for the best lightweight umbrella stroller, which doesn’t compromise on safety and comfort, the gb Pockit Stroller might be your solution. It weighs only ten pounds – making it the perfect stroller for travel. The stroller folds easily into a hand-shaped package and you can take it with you into an airplane.
Because of the lightweight frame, simple folding mechanism, comfort and all-terrain wheels, the gb stroller is great for trips with baby, picnic, and a suitable stroller for Disneyland!
I like the backrest. It provides sufficient support, and it features breathable mesh fabrics for better airflow. If you plan to use the stroller on colder days, you can purchase additional inlay to provide more warmth and protection against winds.
The stroller is suitable for babies from 6 six months to four years. But, if you prefer a 5 point harness umbrella stroller, you might want to keep looking elsewhere, because the gb Stroller features a 3-point feature.
- Extremely lightweight
- Suitable for airplane
- Breathable backrest
- Easy to lift and move whenever needed
- Inlay sold separately
- Canopy is small
- WORLD’S SMALLEST FOLDING STROLLER - With its innovative two-step folding design, the Pockit is the 2014 Guiness World Records most compact stroller folding down to 11.8” x 7” x 13.8” and a weight of 9.5 pounds
- SMALL BUT STRONG - Built using high quality, durable materials, the Pockit can hold a child from 6 months up to 55 pounds as well as 11 pounds of gear in its convenient storage basket
- PERFECT FOR DAY TRIPS OR EXTENDED TRAVEL - For families with a passion for local or overseas travel and exploring, Pockit is the quintessential choice as it stows away easily in any plane or train overhead bin, or just stowing away in the car
Things to Look for When Buying Umbrella Strollers
To make your choosing easier, I have come up with a list of stuff to look for when purchasing a good umbrella stroller for your child.
What you can do is to use this list as your checklist and buying guide, take it to the store, test the stroller yourself and make an informed decision. You will find your investment well worth it!
- The stroller folds into a compact size
- The used materials (steel and linen) must be of high quality
- The handles should be long and ergonomic 
- The lock and release latches should be easy to operate
- The wheels must be big enough and stable when spinning
- The wheels must come with safety brakes 
- The weight should not be too heavy (ideally between 10 to 19 lbs)
- The harness must be adjustable and stable
- The seat should be padded and adjustable
- There should be some storage compartments
- The canopy should be big
- The stroller should move forward and backward smoothly
Even if you are shopping online, consider the items above before making a purchase. Additional tips and stroller hacks may also come in handy as you use different strollers, including umbrella lightweight strollers across different occasions!
Is it Suitable for Small Babies?
Keep in mind that most umbrella strollers are not suitable for infants under 6 months old. The seats of the stroller are non-adjustable to a fully horizontal position. Infants under the age-mark should closely follow stroller manufacturing guidelines and use appropriate full size strollers instead.
Otherwise, you may also consider investing in an infant travel system.
Newborns – or sometimes younger infants are not capable of sitting up or holding up their tiny heads, a stroller that can fully recline and paired with the use of a bassinet is best when it comes to providing what they need the most. 
Ideally, you should always consult a doctor when you’re concerned with your baby’s health and safety. Better be safe than sorry!
Conclusion – Choose Wisely, Be Happy!
There are five top selections for you to consider but if you still need help to pick one, I recommend you to buy Summer Infant 3D Lite Stroller (my top pick!).
Many users have complimented its durability, versatility, and safety.
The price is not over the top. Plus, the frame is sturdy, the wheels come with anti-shock features, handy pocket storage, and the five-point harness will keep your child secure in the seat.
With the lightweight structure, you will find no issue handling it alone. Need more convincing? Your little child will love the padded seat, multiple reclining positions, and adjustable canopy.
With these well-thought features, he or she will sleep soundly in the stroller as you walk about in the mall, bank, shops, or strolling with your family at your vacation destination!
Last update on 2021-09-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API