Fitting in a jog or a run as a busy parent is difficult, no doubt about it. And as your family grows it only gets harder to carve out alone time for a such an exercise.
So, why not take your little ones with you when you run? Not only will they get to witness a healthy and active lifestyle, but it will also be a great bonding time.
To run with your kiddos you will likely need a jogging stroller. Here’s a little sneak peek of our great baby strollers line up:-
- Best Overall: BOB Revolution Duallie Flex 3.0 Stroller
- Best Affordable: Baby Trend Expedition Double Jogger Stroller
- Best Lightweight: Joovy Zoom X2 Double Jogging Stroller
- Best Maneuverability: Thule Urban Glide 2 Jogging Stroller
- Best for Twins: Baby Trend Navigator Lite Double Jogger Stroller
The best double jogging stroller can make pushing your kids while running feels effortless. That way everyone can enjoy the jog! Read on to find your perfect jogging double stroller.
A jogging stroller, whether it is a single or double, is different from a regular stroller. These strollers are designed for running. In most cases, they are lightweight, ergonomically designed, and equipped to handle fast speeds over any type of terrain. You can check out our recommended all terrain double stroller list if you want something that can handle rough grounds.
Their aptitude for running is determined by a couple of factors. These can include their suspension, wheel size and type, and also frame materials.
Double Jogging Stroller or Regular Double Stroller?
If you are wondering if you need the best double jogging stroller or a regular one, the answer is simple. Do you want to run with it? Regular double strollers are not made for running or jogging. Not only will they be uncomfortable for both you and your riders but they can also be unsafe.
Can I use a jogging stroller every day?
If you decide to invest in a double jogging stroller you may then wonder if they are great for everyday use. The good news is, YES!
In most cases, jogging strollers make wonderful everyday walking strollers. They are comfortable, easy to push and store, and still have great features for both you and your kids.
#1 BOB Revolution Duallie Flex 3.0 Stroller – Editor’s Pick
The BOB Revolution Duallie Flex 3.0 Stroller is awesome for siblings. It is travel system ready and the adapter is compatible with most car seat brands. Your older child will enjoy the cozy child seat that holds up to 50 pounds.
Each child seat has a separate canopy as well as a personal leg support and a footrest. The no-rethread harness is simple to adjust to your growing children. Parents will delight in the adjustable handlebar that suits runners of all heights. The BOB double jogging stroller lower storage basket is ideal for diaper bags, toys, and snacks. 10 extra storage pockets fit whatever else you need to bring along on your run.
The air-filled tires and suspension system keep the ride perfectly smooth, even for your youngest riders. This is a wonderful way to get active with your kids!
- 10 storage pockets plus a lower basket
- Compatible with most infant car seats
- Adjustable handlebar makes for one best stroller for tall parents
- Meets Disney size requirements
- Compression padding on child seats
- Seats are narrow
- The lock is not automatic when folded
- Smooth ride: Suspension system & Air filled tires provide an ultra-smooth ride over any terrain
- Perfect Fit: Adjustable handlebar creates the perfect fit for parents of all heights; no-rethread harness design for easy height adjustments
- Extra space: 10 storage pockets and extra-large cargo basket provide plenty of room for your gear; includes a cell phone pocket handlebar
#2 Baby Trend Expedition Double Jogger Stroller – Best Affordable
Next up is a wonderful Baby Trend double jogging stroller – the Baby Trend Expedition Double Jogger Stroller is a great affordable option. It has two spacious seats, excellent for children weighing up to 50 pounds. Each one has a secure five-point harness that can be easily adjusted. The effortless multi-position recline is awesome for napping on the go.
The parent console has covered storage and two cup holders. A lower storage basket is large enough to hold even a diaper bag. The oversized rubber pneumatic bicycle tires make the stroller effortless to push while keeping the ride supremely smooth. The front swivel tire can be locked in place for jogging.
When you are done, pull the trigger and the stroller folds nearly flat in a snap. It is easy to use and simple to transport, a win-win!
- Affordable double stroller
- Multi-position child seat recline
- One-step trigger fold
- Parent tray with two cup holders and covered storage
- Rubber pneumatic bicycle tires
- Child seat harness difficult to buckle/unbuckle
- One connected canopy for both seats
- Designed for children from 6 months-50 lbs (each child) and no more than 42" Tall
- Multi-position seat recline with 5-point safety harness
- 16" rear and 12" front all-terrain, rubber pneumatic bicycle tires
#3 Joovy Zoom X2 Double Jogging Stroller – Best Lightweight
Another twin jogging stroller is the Joovy Zoom X2 Double Jogging Stroller. This is such a cool stroller and it weighs only 28 pounds! Available in three different color options this stroller is made to be seen, keeping you safe and stylish.
Two expansive child seats have extra deep extendable waterproof canopies, padding, a five-point harness, and leg support. A soft parent organizer that includes covered storage and two cup holders is an ideal spot for your essentials.
Large tires are made to conquer any terrain while providing a smooth ride. This stroller includes its own air pump so you won’t ever be caught on low while on-the-go!
- Waterproof multi-position canopies
- Three color options
- Soft parent organizer
- The storage basket can hold up to 15lbs
- Large when folded
- No peek-a-boo windows
- Weighs just 28 lbs
- Extra-large air-filled tires with a locking and swiveling front Tire for a smooth ride
- Includes parent organizer
#4 Thule Urban Glide 2 Jogging Stroller – Best Maneuverability
The Thule Urban Glide 2 Jogging Stroller is a perfect running or everyday model. Jogger strollers double as standard strollers and this is no exception. It has supremely padded seats for the utmost comfort. Each one has a five-point harness, a multi-position recline, and ventilation for quite an enjoyable ride.
The handlebar is adjustable, suiting parents of various heights. Its ergonomic design won’t interfere with your running form. On the handlebar is the twisting handbrake system, excellent for speed control while covering hills and different terrains.
This sleek stroller can go anywhere. A one-handed compact fold means storage and transport are headache-free. A popular best double jogging stroller due to its versatility, you probably won’t store it for long!
- Ergonomically designed handle
- Twist handbrake system
- One-handed compact fold
- Independent canopies
- Covered lower storage basket
- Folded locking mechanism prone to breaking
- Shallow child seats
- An all-terrain double stroller perfect for jogging or strolling through town
- Swivel front wheel locks into place for jogging
- Large 16" rear wheels plus suspension for an ultra smooth ride
#5 Baby Trend Navigator Lite Double Jogger Stroller – Best for Twins
First is the Baby Trend Navigator Lite Double Jogger Stroller. This double jogger may be a little bigger than most, but it definitely includes all of the features you will need. This two-seater jogging stroller is very spacious, it is a perfect jogging stroller for twins because it can accommodate two car seats. Additionally, the wide seats can each accommodate up to 50 pounds.
Each child seat has its own canopy, child tray with two cup holders, leg support, and footrest. The stroller’s offerings aren’t just for little ones though. Parents will love the covered storage compartment located in the parent tray, two cup holders, and mp3 speakers. It is so easy to collapse, just pull the trigger fold and you are on your way!
- Large pneumatic bicycle tires
- Locking front swivel wheels
- Individual sun canopies
- Accommodates infant car seats
- Parent cup holders and child cupholders
- Wide, can be quite space taking
- Doesn’t fold compact or flat
- Accommodates 2 Baby Trend infant Car Seats
- Dimensions: 32.5" W x 46" L x 43 H" | Weight: 43 lbs
- Locking front swivel wheels, and pneumatic bicycle tires
#6 Mountain Buggy Duet V3 Buggy
Moving on to the Mountain Buggy Duet V3 Buggy. You will be surprised and delighted to know that this stroller is just 25 inches wide, the same width as a single stroller. Its sleek design makes it excellent for jogging up and down hills and making tight turns.
This speedy stroller has handbrake control, putting you in total control. Despite the compact footprint, the full-sized seats are comfortable and spacious. Either one or two car seats can be attached, meaning this stroller is newborn ready.
Zippered pockets, a gear tray, and a lower basket allow you to bring along one or even two diaper bags. A one-handed fold collapses it in seconds. It can easily fit in your truck or be stored in your garage with the self-standing fold.
- Same width as a single stroller
- Adjustable handlebar
- Four-wheel design for stability
- Self-standing fold
- Can accept two car seats
- Wheels deflate quickly
- Canopies are not deep
- SAME WIDTH AS A SINGLE STROLLER - at just 25" the Mountain Buggy Duet is the same width as a single stroller and fits through all standard doorways
- NEWBORN READY - with dual, independent lie-flat seats, use of one or two car seats or the Mountain Buggy carry cot plus
- CONTROL HAND BRAKE - for walking, jogging and going up and down hills in any weather
#7 Bumbleride Indie Twin Double Stroller
Finally, we have the Bumbleride Indie Twin Double Stroller. This sport stroller is convenient, compact, and maneuvers like a dream. Its aluminum frame keeps it lightweight, the non-fading polyester fabric is breathable and environmentally friendly.
Each child seat has a canopy complete with a window and a pop-out sun visor. Little ones will appreciate the seat recline, adjustable leg support, and padded bumper bar.
There is something for parents too! Like the one-step fold, gear-assisted auto-lock, backseat storage, and a huge lower basket. Perfect for a trail run or winding through a crowded farmers market, this is a superb option!
- Adjustable footrest converts seat into infant mode
- Canopies with peek-a-boo window and pop-out sun visor
- Self-standing fold
- Can accept two car seats or bassinets
- All-wheel suspension
- Seat height is short
- Difficult to attach and remove car seats
No products found.
#8 Thule Chariot Cross Sport Stroller
Up next is the Thule Chariot Cross Sport Stroller. This versatile lets you do it all, no matter what your outdoor sport looks like. It is a jogger, a bike trailer and a ski pull all in one. With a series of kits, you can attach this stroller to a bike or skis.
Inside the covered interior, there are two seats, each padding, and a secure harness. The seats are simple to remove and effortless to clean. In the back, there is a huge cargo space that can fit everything you need. However, it can be stored away when jogging so as not to impede your stride. The rear light is another awesome feature, keeping both you and your riders safe.
This ingenious Thule double stroller folds up surprisingly compact. All the adapter kits store directly on the trailer when not in use so you won’t have to worry about losing them!
- Covered and ventilated seats
- Converts from jogger to ski pull, to a bike trailer
- Hide-away storage basket
- Seats are removable
- Compact fold
- Front tires are hard plastic
- An all-in one stroller, jogger, bike trailer and ski pulk designed for active families
- Includes strolling and biking kits (jogging and ski kits sold separately)
- Compact fold makes it easy to transport and store
So you have decided to take the plunge, how do you choose the best double jogging stroller option out of all the jogging strollers for two? There are a couple of factors to consider, such as:
Car Seat Compatibility
Not all double jogging strollers can accommodate a car seat. And, generally, it is not advised to run or jog with a car seat attached . When it comes to a double jogging stroller with car seats most recommend not running with your child in the car seat but instead waiting until they are six months or older and can use the child seat.
Wheels & Safety
The stroller wheels are another important consideration. Large bicycle-type tires are often the safest. They will allow you to safely navigate rough terrains and maneuver easily. If the wheels have a rapid detach read the double jogging stroller reviews to make sure there are no problems with them accidentally detaching while in use.
Double Stroller Weight & Height Limits
Be sure to check the weight and height limits before purchasing your stroller. Typically, the stroller will have a weight limit that is the total amount it can accommodate for both seats. This is important if you have twins or children of different ages. Also, make sure the seat height is compatible with your child currently and as they age.
Brake systems are an important part of jogging strollers. Some use hand brakes while others have a foot brake system. When you are moving at fast speeds you want a system that is easy to use and reliable.
Storage to Keep Baby Items
You will definitely need storage both for your kid’s stuff and for yours. You will likely want to bring snacks, toys, and drinks along to keep your children happy and entertained. You will also want a place for your water and other running essentials in your ideal stroller.
Other Features for A Comfortable Jog
Finally, review its comfort and convenience features. Though many jogging strollers have pared down comfort features to keep them streamline, you will still want at least a sun canopy, possibly a parent tray or child tray, and leg support or a footrest.
Any one of these awesome double jogging strollers would make an excellent choice. They are safe, easy to maneuver and have a host of excellent comfort features.
If we could only pick one, it would have to be the Baby Jogger Summit X3 Double Stroller. This stroller is compact, easy to use, and convenient.
Runners up include the Best Affordable: Baby Trend Expedition Double Jogger Stroller, the Best for Infant & Toddler: BOB Revolution Duallie Flex 3.0 Stroller, the Best Lightweight: Joovy Zoom X2 Double Jogging Stroller, and the Best for Twins: Baby Trend Navigator Lite Double Jogger Stroller.
Now get out there and get active as a family!
Have something to say about our list of best double jogging stroller picks? Tell us in the comments below!
Last update on 2021-05-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API