Fitting in a jog or a run as a busy parent is difficult, no doubt about it. And as your family grows it only gets harder to carve out alone time for a such an exercise.
So, why not take your little ones with you when you run? Not only will they get to witness a healthy and active lifestyle, but it will also be a great bonding time.
To run with two children you will likely need a double jogger. Not to worry, there are many great double jogger options in the market for you! Here’s a little sneak peek of our best overall pick of double jogging stroller – the BOB Revolution Flex 3.0 Duallie Stroller!
The best double jogging stroller can make pushing your kids while running feels effortless. That way everyone can enjoy the jog! Read on to find your best stroller for jogging with your two babies.
- The Value of a Double Jogger
- The Best Double Jogging Stroller Revealed- Our 5 Top Picks
- #1 BOB Revolution Duallie Flex 3.0 Stroller – Editor’s Pick
- #2 Baby Trend Expedition Double Jogger Stroller – Best Affordable
- #3 Joovy Zoom X2 Double Jogging Stroller – Best Lightweight
- #4 Thule Urban Glide 2 Jogging Stroller – Best Maneuverability
- #5 Baby Trend Navigator Double Jogger Stroller – Best for Twins
- #6 Mountain Buggy Duet V3 Buggy
- #7 Baby Jogger Summit X3 Double Stroller
- #8 Thule Chariot Cross Sport Stroller
- Criteria for Choosing A Double Jogging Stroller
- Frequently Asked Questions
- The Best Double Jogger For Active Parents
A jogging stroller, whether it is a single or double, is different from a regular stroller. These strollers are designed for running. In most cases, they are lightweight, ergonomically designed, and equipped to handle fast speeds over any type of terrain.
On the other hand, if you’re specifically looking for a stroller that can handle rough grounds, then you may want to consider getting an all-terrain double stroller instead. These versatile lines are designed to not only handle rugged surfaces but also for regular use.
One common similarity between the two is that the aptitude for running is determined by a couple of factors. These can include their suspension, wheel size and type, and also frame materials.
#1 BOB Revolution Duallie Flex 3.0 Stroller – Editor’s Pick
The BOB Revolution Flex 3.0 Duallie Double Jogging Stroller is awesome for siblings. Weighing at 33.1 lbs, it is travel system ready and the seat adapter is compatible with most car seat brands. Your older child will enjoy the cozy child seat that holds up to 50 pounds.
Each child seat has a separate canopy as well as a personal leg support and a footrest. The no-rethread harness is simple to adjust to your growing children. Parents will delight in the adjustable handlebar that suits runners of all heights.
The BOB double jogging stroller’s lower storage basket is ideal for diaper bags, toys, and snacks. The ten extra storage pockets on the Revolution Flex 3.0 Duallie fit whatever else you need to bring along on your run.
The rubber and air-infused tires, along with the suspension system keep the ride perfectly smooth, even for your youngest riders. This product is a wonderful way to get active with your kids!
You may be interested in: BOB Revolution Flex 3.0 Duallie Review
- 10 storage pockets plus a large storage basket underneath
- Convenient no-rethread 5 point harness
- Compatible with most infant car seats
- Adjustable handlebar makes it a good stroller for tall parents
- Meets Disney size requirements
- Compression padding on child seats
- Seats are narrow
- The lock is not automatic when folded
- Smooth ride: Suspension system & Air filled tires provide an ultra-smooth ride over any terrain
- Perfect Fit: Adjustable handlebar creates the perfect fit for parents of all heights; no-rethread harness design for easy height adjustments
- Extra space: 10 storage pockets and extra-large cargo basket provide plenty of room for your gear; includes a cell phone pocket handlebar
#2 Baby Trend Expedition Double Jogger Stroller – Best Affordable
Next up is a wonderful Baby Trend double jogging stroller – the Baby Trend Expedition Double Jogger Stroller as a great affordable option. It has two spacious seats, excellent for children weighing up to 50 pounds. Each one has a secure five-point harness that can be easily adjusted. The effortless multi-position reclining seats are awesome for napping on the go.
The parent console has covered storage space and two drink holders. A lower storage basket is large enough to hold even a diaper bag. The oversized rubber pneumatic bicycle tires make the stroller effortless to one-hand push while keeping the ride supremely smooth. The swiveling front wheel can be locked in place for jogging.
When you are done, pull the trigger and the stroller folds nearly flat in a snap. It is easy to use and simple to transport, a win-win!
- Affordable double stroller
- Multi-position child seat recline
- One-step trigger easy fold
- Parent organizer tray with two cup holders and covered storage
- Rubber pneumatic bicycle tires
- Child seat harness difficult to buckle/unbuckle
- One connected canopy for both seats
- Designed for children from 6 months-50 lbs (each child) and no more than 42" Tall
- Multi-position seat recline with 5-point safety harness
- 16" rear and 12" front all-terrain, rubber pneumatic bicycle tires
#3 Joovy Zoom X2 Double Jogging Stroller – Best Lightweight
Another twin jogging stroller is the Joovy Zoom X2 Double Jogging Stroller. This is such a cool stroller and it weighs only 28 pounds! Available in three different color options, this stroller is made to be seen, keeping you safe and stylish.
Two expansive child seats have extra deep extendable waterproof canopies, padding, a five-point harness, and leg support. A soft stroller organizer that includes covered storage and two cup holders is an ideal spot for your essentials.
Large bouyant tires are made to conquer any terrain while providing a smooth ride. This stroller includes its own air pump so you won’t ever be caught on low while on-the-go!
- Waterproof multi-position canopies
- Three color options
- Soft parent organizer
- The large storage basket can hold up to 15lbs
- Large when folded
- No peek-a-boo windows
- Weighs just 28 lbs; Super easy one-handed fold
- Tons of storage with a large storage basket and included parent organizer
- Extra-large air-filled tires with a locking and swiveling front tire for a smooth ride
#4 Thule Urban Glide 2 Jogging Stroller – Best Maneuverability
The Urban Glide 2 Double Jogging Stroller is the perfect running or everyday model. Baby jogger strollers that double as standard strollers are something parents love, and this is no exception. It has supremely padded seats for the utmost comfort. Each one has a five-point harness, a multi-position recline, and ventilation for quite an enjoyable ride.
The handlebar is adjustable, suiting parents of various heights. Its ergonomic design won’t interfere with your running form. On the handlebar is the twisting handbrake system, excellent for speed control while covering hills and different terrains.
This sleek stroller can go anywhere. A one-handed, compact, easy to fold feature means storage and transport are headache-free. A popular double jogging stroller due to its versatility, you probably won’t store it for long!
- Ergonomically designed handle
- Twist handbrake system
- One-handed compact fold
- Independent canopies
- Covered lower storage basket
- Folded locking mechanism prone to breaking
- Shallow child seats
- An all-terrain double stroller perfect for jogging or strolling throughh town
- Swivel front wheel locks into place for jogging
- Large 16" rear wheels plus suspension for an ultra smooth ride
#5 Baby Trend Navigator Double Jogger Stroller – Best for Twins
Parents of twins will delight at the Navigator Double Jogger Stroller by Baby Trend. This double jogger may be a little bigger than most, but it definitely includes all of the features you will need.
This two-seater jogging stroller is very spacious, it is a perfect jogging stroller for twins because it can accommodate 2 car seats. Additionally, the wide seats can each accommodate up to 50 pounds.
Each child seat has its own canopy, child tray with two glass holders, leg support, and footrest. The stroller’s offerings aren’t just for little ones though. Parents will love the covered storage compartment located in the parent organizer tray, two cup holders, and mp3 speakers.
This double jogger stroller is so easy to collapse, just pull the trigger fold and you are on your way!
- Large pneumatic bicycle tires
- Locking & swiveling front wheels
- Individual sun canopies
- Accommodates two infant car seats
- Parent cup holders and child cupholders
- Wide, can be quite space taking
- Doesn’t fold compact or flat
- Accommodates 2 Baby Trend infant Car Seats
- Dimensions: 32.5" W x 46" L x 43 H" | Weight: 43 lbs
- Locking front swivel wheels, and pneumatic bicycle tires
#6 Mountain Buggy Duet V3 Buggy
Moving on to the Mountain Buggy Duet V3 Buggy. You will be surprised and delighted to know that this stroller is just 25 inches wide, the same width as a single stroller. Its sleek design makes it excellent for jogging up and down hills and making tight turns.
This speedy stroller has handbrake control, putting you in total control. Despite the compact footprint, the full-sized seats are comfortable and spacious. Either one or two car seats can be attached, meaning this stroller is newborn ready.
Zippered pockets, a gear tray, and a lower basket allow you to bring along one or even two diaper bags. A one-handed fold collapses it in seconds. It can easily fit in your truck or be stored in your garage with the self-standing fold.
- Same width as a single stroller
- Adaptable handlebar
- Design with four wheels promote stability
- Self-standing fold
- Can accept a second seat
- All four wheels deflate quickly
- Canopies are not deep
- SAME WIDTH AS A SINGLE STROLLER - at just 25" the Mountain Buggy Duet is the same width as a single stroller and fits through all standard doorways
- NEWBORN READY - with dual, independent lie-flat seats, use of one or two car seats or the Mountain Buggy carry cot plus
- CONTROL HAND BRAKE - for walking, jogging and going up and down hills in any weather
#7 Baby Jogger Summit X3 Double Stroller
Next up, we have the Baby Jogger Summit X3 Double Stroller. With an 16 inches rear plus 12 inches front air-infused tires, the all-wheel suspension system that acts as the backbone of this stroller allows it to absorb any hard-impact bumps along your jogging trails.
As city-living parents, we absolutely adore the quick-fold mechanism of this product! Complementing its durability, the folding technology adds on to making it a grab-and-go double jogging stroller instead of having to fold and unfold every time after single use.
The 3-wheeled stroller even features a hand-operated rear-braking system in case things get a little rocky during your jog with your little ones!
You can now rest assured knowing that your kids are in good hands not only safety wise, but also from the sun! The adaptable canopies with venting that come with the Summit X3 Double Stroller itself contain peek-a-boo windows that let you check on your babies to help them cope with their occasional boredom and fuss!
- Parent-attest durability
- Stroller comes with large basket, suspension and pockets
- All-terrain wheels and braking system offers smooth jog across any terrain type
- Seats can recline nearly flat
- No fuss folding mechanism
- Product will not accommodate a car seat
- Model does not offer convertible handlebars
- Patented quick fold technology allows you to fold your double jogging stroller in one step
- 16 inches rear and 12 inches front air filled tires with front wheel lock mounted on the handlebar for easy conversions between jogger and stroller mode
- All wheel suspension system soaks up road bumps and hand operated rear drum brakes give better control on hilly or uneven terrain
#8 Thule Chariot Cross Sport Stroller
Finally we have the Thule Chariot Cross Sport Stroller. This versatile stroller lets you do it all, no matter what your outdoor sport looks like. It is a jogger, a bike trailer and a ski pull all in one. With a series of kits, you can attach this stroller to a mountain bike or skis.
Inside the covered interior, there are two seats, each padding, and a secure harness. The seats are simple to remove and effortless to clean. In the back, there is a huge cargo space that can fit everything you need. However, it can be stored away when jogging so as not to impede your stride. The rear light is another awesome feature, keeping both you and your riders safe.
This ingenious Thule double stroller folds up surprisingly compact. All the adapter kits store directly on the trailer when not in use so you won’t have to worry about losing them!
- Covered and ventilated seats
- Converts from a baby jogger to ski pull, to a bike trailer
- Hide-away storage basket
- Seats are removable
- Compact fold
- Front tires are hard plastic
- An all-in one stroller, jogger, bike trailer and ski pulk designed for active families
- Includes strolling and biking kits (jogging and ski kits sold separately)
- Compact fold makes it easy to transport and store
So you have decided to take the plunge, how do you choose the very best option out of all the jogging strollers for two kids? There are a couple of factors to consider, such as:
Car Seat Compatibility
Not all double jogging strollers can accommodate a car seat. And, generally, it is not advised to run or jog with a car seat attached . When it comes to a double jogging stroller with car seats, most pediatricians recommend not running with your child in the car seat but instead waiting until they are six months or older and can safely use the child seat.
Wheels & Safety
The stroller wheels are another important consideration. Large bicycle-type tires are often the safest. They will allow you to safely navigate rough terrains and maneuver easily.
If the wheels have a rapid detach, read the reviews beforehand to make sure there are no problems with them accidentally detaching while in use. Consider also the type of car seat harness and the extra safety measures that they offer. 
Double Stroller Weight & Height Limits
Be sure to check the weight and height limits before purchasing your stroller. Typically, the stroller will have a maximum weight capacity that is the total amount it can accommodate for both seats.
This is important if you have twins or children of different ages. Also, make sure the seat height is compatible with your child currently and as they age.
Brake systems are an important part of jogging strollers. Some use hand brakes while others have a foot brake system. When you are moving at fast speeds you want a system that is easy to use and reliable.
Storage to Keep Baby Items
You will definitely need storage both for your kid’s stuff and for yours. You will likely want to bring snacks, toys, and drinks along to keep your children happy and entertained. You will also want a place for your water and other running essentials in your ideal stroller. Choosing a double jogging stroller with built-in stroller organizers, trays, and ample storage spaces allow you to save the cost of investing in additional stroller accessories.
Other Features for A Comfortable Jog
Finally, review its comfort and convenience features. Though many jogging strollers have pared down comfort features to keep them streamline, you will still want at least a sun canopy, possibly a parent organizer tray or child tray, and leg support or a footrest. These nice-to-have features in a stroller, along with your other must-have baby gears will make your baby registry and motherhood experience complete! 
Frequently Asked Questions
Double Jogging Strollers or Regular Double Strollers?
If you are wondering whether you need a double jogging stroller or a regular one, the answer is simple. Do you want to run with it? Regular double strollers such as the Nuna DEMI Grow or the Bugaboo Donkey are not made for running or jogging. Not only will they be uncomfortable for both you and your riders but they can also be unsafe for such exercises.
This is where double strollers made for jogging come to the rescue to let you go out for a run or jog with two kids in tow.
Can I use a jogging stroller every day?
If you decide to invest in a double jogging stroller you may then wonder if they are great for everyday use. The good news is, YES!
In most cases, jogging strollers make wonderful everyday walking strollers. They are comfortable, easy to push using just one hand and store, and still have great features for both you and your kids.
When can I jog with baby in stroller?
Ideally, your child should be at least six months old before you bring them out for a jog or run in a stroller. This is because children younger than 6 months do not have strong muscle support, especially at the head and neck area. 
Jogging and running tend to be a rough activity, so your child may suffer from injuries if by accident. Always check with your pediatrician for safe jogging advice should you intend to bring your babies out for a jog.
Any one of these awesome double jogging strollers would make an excellent choice. They are safe, easy to maneuver and have a host of excellent comfort features.
Now that you have learnt about the best options available in the market from our review, it’s time to get out there and get active as a family!
Have something to say about our list of recommended double jogging stroller picks? Tell us in the comments below!
Last update on 2022-05-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API