A new baby is an amazing thing to welcome into your home, but it’s hard to be happy when you’ve only had two hours of sleep and your new baby can’t seem to settle down. That’s why a baby swing or bouncer can be a lifesaver.
But rather than deciding between a baby swing or a baby bouncer, what if there is the best baby swing and bouncer combo that you can purchase instead?
If you are wondering what this baby swing bouncer combo is all about, you have come to the right place. Let us go through the differences between a swing, a bouncer and a combination of both, before talking about our top swing picks on the best baby swing and bouncer combos.
5 TOP PICKS OF BEST BABY SWING AND BOUNCER COMBO
- 5 TOP PICKS OF BEST BABY SWING AND BOUNCER COMBO
- Understanding the Difference Between a Swing, Bouncer and Combo
- What to Look for When Shopping for THE BEST BABY SWING BOUNCER COMBO
- 5 Best Baby Swing Bouncer ComboS
Understanding the Difference Between a Swing, Bouncer and Combo
Before you start shopping, it’s important that you understand what you’re shopping for. Here are some brief explanation on each baby item:
Baby Swing – A baby swing is a seat that’s usually powered by a battery or electricity. It gently swings your baby from side to side or rocks him back and forth. It’s ideal for getting your baby to sleep when your arms are just too tired to do the work.
It’s especially helpful because most swings come with a selection of speeds, so you can put the swing on a setting that suits your baby and let it rock him to sleep.
Baby Bouncer – A baby bouncer can be manual, electric or battery powered. It gently bounces your baby to help soothe him.
With a bouncer, your baby has the opportunity to sit up at an angle and start moving his arms and legs.
It’s also more portable than the baby swing, which means you can move it into the bathroom while you’re taking that much needed shower.
Baby Swing Bouncer Combo – A baby swing and bouncer combo is just what it sounds like, a combination of the two. Often times it starts out as a swing, but the seat can be detached to become an easy to move bouncer.
No matter which one you choose, be aware that there are risks linked to all of them. Studies have found that babies who spend a long period of time in any of these devices can be slower to develop physically. Doctors stress that moderation is key.
Go ahead and use the bouncer or swing when you take a shower or do the dishes, but be careful of letting your baby stay in it all day. Think of the swing as a helping hand when you need it the most, not a babysitter.
What to Look for When Shopping for THE BEST BABY SWING BOUNCER COMBO
Safety Features – Make sure that whichever type you choose, it has either a three-point or five-point harness. The five-point harness is much like what you’ll find in your baby’s car seat and is ideal for keeping your baby securely fastened in the seat.
Portability – Do you want a swing that you can easily take to your mother’s house or is it okay staying in one place? Some swing sets are more portable than others, so know how important portability is to you before you shop.
Power Source – Some swings are powered by electricity, some are powered by a battery and some can do both. There are also some models that have no power at all. Know what you’re looking for before you buy.
If you plan to put the swing in a high traffic area of the house, it’s probably not good to have it tethered to the wall by a power cord.
At the same time, if you’re using the swing a lot, changing the batteries every two weeks is not ideal. Neither is pushing the swing every minute until your baby falls asleep.
Weight Limit – Be sure to figure out the weight limit of the swing or bouncer before you buy it. It would be really upsetting to buy something for your two-month-old only to find he outgrew it a month later. All swings and bouncers have different weight limits, so it’s important to read the product’s specifications before you buy it.
Ability to Clean – Accidents happen. You can’t always plan for diaper explosions or spit up, so the ability to take off a cover and clean it is key. In an ideal situation, you’re looking for something that’s machine washable, so you can do a quick rinse, toss it in the washer and then get back to all the other chores that need to be done.
Extras – Bouncers and swings all have extra features. Some parents want a set that plays music. Others must have a bouncer that vibrates. Maybe the color is especially important to you. Or you really want a hanging mobile or a toy bar. Before you buy, make a list of the items that you absolutely must have and the ones you can do without.
5 Best Baby Swing Bouncer ComboS
Ready to check some of our best picks? These best baby swing and bouncer combo items are the ones that match our expectations (and yours, hopefully) when it comes to getting the best of both swinging and bouncing.
4moms mamaRoo 4 Baby Swing
- 5 unique motions & speeds
- Bluetooth Enabled - control motion & sound
- 4 built-in sounds & MP3 plug-in
The 4moms mamaRoo 4 Baby Swing offers you five unique speed settings and movement for soothing your baby. The idea of this innovative best baby swing and bouncer combo is to simulate a parent’s motion in bouncing and swaying the baby.
The system is good for babies up to 25 pounds, or when they can sit up on their own without help, making it a wonderful baby swing bouncer combo to get.
- Five one-of-a-kind motions and speeds similar to parent’s soothing, which means you’re bound to find some combination your little one likes.
- Very compact in size than swings with the same features. That’s a big deal when you think of all the new baby stuff in your house. The less space a swing takes up, the less cramped you feel.
- The seat rotates 360 degrees so even as the swing stays stationary, your baby’s view can change. Plus, the rotation allows you to go from a side-to-side swing to a back-to-front swing.
- The swing is Bluetooth-enabled – control the seat’s motions, speeds and volume of the four built-in music via 4moms app on your smartphone directly. You can customize the music your baby hears too. It may be the best way you’re your little one to see grandma and grandpa every day even though they live halfway across the country.
- No need to use batteries, just plug in to put it to work.
- A small number of parents have said the swing is a bit loud when it’s being used. In some cases, this has disturbed the baby’s sleep, but most parents say their little one has slept right through it.
- Customer service and product quality seem inconsistent.
Graco EveryWay Soother
- Eight ways to swing and two directions mean 16 soothing motions to comfort and soothe baby
- Eight ways to swing: arch, swing, bounce, figure 8, circle, wave, zig-zag and sway.DO NOT place product near water and moisture
- Multi-direction seat allows baby to enjoy either side-to-side or front-to-back swinging for more soothing options
The Graco EveryWay Soother is a baby’s dream when it comes to a wide variety of swinging choices. Boasting 16 motions in total from eight lovely ways to swing, bounce and rock in the comfortable seat in two directions, your baby will be spoilt for choice to feel comforted.
You can also use the seat as a removable rocker to carry your baby around your home. This swing bouncer is good for babies up to 25 pounds.
When you’re shopping for a baby swing bouncer combo, be sure to consider this best swing model.
- The eight different motions that goes in two directions makes for 16 great motions for parents to adjust the swing any way to baby’s preference. Motions also come with six adjustable speeds.
- Comes with 15 sweet songs and sounds to aid with soothing your baby. Volume can be adjusted in four settings, from High, Medium, Low to Mute.
- There’s battery-operated swinging vibration at two speeds which helps soothe some little ones.
- This swing bouncer has three reclining positions for increased comfort when your baby is in for a short shut-eye.
- Doubles as a rocker that can be removed and carried around.
- The easy-to-remove cover is machine washable.
- Speakers may not be as durable as expected.
- Some parents say the vibration motor starts to get noisier and weaker as the sleeper gets older.
Graco Duet Sway LX Swing with Portable Bouncer
- Baby swing seat conveniently doubles as a portable baby bouncer and has carry handles to keep baby happy by your side throughout the home
- Infant swing has two soothing motions to comfort baby -side-to-side or front-to-back swinging
- Multi-direction seat allows baby to enjoy either side-to-side or front-to-back swinging for more soothing options
Graco is considered to be one of the best and well-known brands, and this is another model to consider when looking for a good swing and bouncer combo. The Graco Duet Sway LX Swing with Portable Bouncer keeps your baby snug and safe in its comfortable plush seat, offering your baby the proper support for his neck and back as the soothing goes on.
Another best swing bouncer combo to consider, it also includes an adjustable toy bar plus six songs and sounds to keep your little one entertained. You can transform the seat into a portable bouncer when you need a different way to keep him calm by your side.
- Comfort your baby either side-to-side or swing from front to back. The swinging speeds are adjustable according to your baby’s preference.
- You can adjust the swing into 3 different positions of recline.
- Also includes 2-speed vibration setting for extra charm in soothing.
- The swing can be transformed into a portable bouncer by detaching the cradle. The side handles of the cradle make the conversion easy too.
- The fabric is easily removed so you can toss it into the washing machine.
- Either use batteries or plug in to operate.
- Some parents prefer a lower recline – baby seems to still be in sit-up position despite the recline which may not be comfortable for them.
- Swinging can be rather violent despite speed adjustment.
Fisher-Price 2-in-1 Deluxe Cradle ‘n Swing
- 2 swinging motions: side-to-side or head-to-toe
- 6 swing speeds, calming vibrations, and 16 soothing songs & sounds
- Perfect Fit seat, specifically designed for baby's comfort
The Fisher-Price 2-in-1 Deluxe Cradle ‘n Swing offers you a bunch of options to get your baby to sleep at six different speeds. The ability to move the cradle so your baby can swing from side-to-side or back-and-forth is a great asset.
There are vibration mode and 16 soothing melodies to up the soothing game. Apart from that, the cute 3-piece hanging mobile is certainly a welcome addition. This one best swing is recommended for babies up to 25 pounds.
- There are six swing speeds and the cradle rotates so your baby can swing side-to-side or back-and-forth.
- You can detach the removable rocker for some light bouncing and rocking on the ground or on a tabletop.
- Available in two cute styles – the Snugapuppy and Woodsy Wonders – both which offer a very comfortable cradle for the baby.
- Hanging mobile is motorized to stimulate baby’s visual senses.
- The swing will run on electricity or battery power.
- The frame folds easily for storage allowing you to make room for tummy-time as your baby gets older.
- Some parents have complained the swing’s motor is too noisy.
- If on batteries, the swing seems to drain power too quickly.
Graco Sense2Soothe Baby Swing
- Multi-direction seat offers more ways to soothe
- 3 adjustable swing speeds ensure finding just the right soothing pace to fit baby's preference
- Vibration with 2 speed settings so baby will remain soothed and content.Do not use bleach or detergent
The Graco Sense2Soothe Baby Swing may be a baby swing rocker combo but it still makes into our list due to its good eight swinging and bouncing motion settings. And if that’s not enough, soothe your baby with three motion speeds and two types of vibration settings. Keep your child entertained as well with 15 different calming songs and sounds.
The seat can be removed from the swing and taken into any room in the house as a rocker for your little one. The best part about this Graco swing model is the cry detection technology that smartly adjusts the swinging based on your baby’s cries until he is satisfied with the setting.
This swing and rocker combo is good for babies up to 25 pounds.
- Features Cry Detection Technology that senses your baby’s cries and swings automatically to soothe him
- Includes eight swinging speeds and an adjustable 3-way recline chair to put your baby in the most comfortable position possible.
- The baby swing rocker combo comes with 15 different melodies and sounds.
- Also functions as a portable rocker to keep your baby by your side.
- The cover is easy to clean and can be tossed into the washing machine.
- Does not need to be powered by batteries, just plug into the wall.
- Some parents have complained that the swing is too loud and lets off whirring noise when transitioning between swing modes in auto-soothing mode.
- Some people have complained that cry detection sensor may or may not work, and the motions may
- Motions don’t seem to differ much, not for babies who prefer stronger vertical bouncing movement.
In an ideal world, there would be multiple, well-regarded swing and bouncer combos out there to just make a list of Best Baby Swing Bouncer Combo.
Sadly, most companies make one or the other. The companies that do make combos, rarely do it well. The 4moms mamaRoo 4 Baby Swing turns out to be our favorite due to its ability to simulate motions similar to how parents handle and soothe their babies.
It’s well regarded in the swing category and its compact size does well for when you do not have a large space to set up the swing.
If you’re just looking for an affordable swing bouncer option, then the Graco Duet Sway LX Swing with Portable Bouncer seems to be your best bet. You will be able to have both the swing and bouncer functionality without causing a huge burn in the pockets.
No doubt, each and every swing bouncer combo in the list has their own perks and downsides but at the end of the day, go for a model that best fits you and your baby’s requirements.
Last update on 2022-01-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API