A new baby is an amazing thing to welcome into your home, but it’s hard to be happy when you’ve only had two hours of sleep and your new baby can’t seem to settle down. That’s why a baby swing or bouncer can be a lifesaver.
But rather than deciding between a baby swing or a baby bouncer, what if there is the best baby swing and bouncer combo that you can purchase instead?
If you are wondering what this baby swing bouncer combo is all about, you have come to the right place. Let us go through the differences between a swing, a bouncer and a combination of both, before talking about our top picks on the best baby swing and bouncer combos.
- Overview of The 5 Top Picks of Best Baby Swing And Bouncer Combo
- Understanding the Difference Between a Swing, Bouncer and Combo
- 7 Best Baby Swing Bouncer Combos
- 4moms mamaRoo 4 Baby Swing – Best Overall – Editor's Pick
- Nuna Leaf Grow – Longest Lifespan
- Graco Sense2Soothe Baby Swing – Most Compact
- Ingenuity InLighten 2-in-1 Baby Swing & Rocker – Best for Infants
- Fisher-Price 2-in-1 Deluxe Cradle 'n Swing – Best Design
- Graco Duet Sway LX Swing with Portable Bouncer – Best Versatility
- Graco Simple Sway 2-in-1 Swing and Bouncer – Best Features for Price
- Do you need both a baby swing and bouncer?
- When do you need a bouncer or swing?
- Are bouncing swings good for babies?
- Which is better, swing or bouncer?
- Can you put a newborn in a baby swing bouncer combo?
- Can babies sleep in a baby swing and bouncer?
Overview of The 5 Top Picks of Best Baby Swing And Bouncer Combo
Understanding the Difference Between a Swing, Bouncer and Combo
efore you start shopping for best baby swings or best baby bouncers, it’s important that you understand what you’re shopping for. Here are some brief explanations of each baby item:
Baby Swing – A baby swing is a seat that’s usually powered by a battery or electricity. It gently swings your baby from side to side or rocks him back and forth. It’s ideal for getting your baby to sleep when your arms are just too tired to do the work.
It’s especially helpful because most best baby swings come with a selection of speeds, so you can put the swing on a setting that suits your baby and let it rock him to sleep.
Baby Bouncer – A baby bouncer can be manual, electric or battery-powered. It gently bounces your baby to help soothe him when baby is crying or you have a fussy baby.
With baby bouncers, your baby has the opportunity to sit up at an angle and start moving his arms and legs.
It’s also more portable than the baby swing, which means you can move your best baby bouncer into the bathroom while you’re taking that much-needed shower.
You may be interested in: Are Bouncers Bad For Babies?
Baby Swing Bouncer Combo – A baby swing and bouncer combo is just what it sounds like, a combination of the two. Often times it starts out as a swing, but the seat can be detached to become an easy to move bouncer.
No matter which one you choose, be aware that there are risks linked to all of them. Studies have found that babies who spend a long period of time in any of these devices can be slower to develop physically. Doctors stress that moderation is key.
Go ahead and use the bouncer or swing when you take a shower or do the dishes, but be careful of letting your baby stay in it all day. Think of the swing as a helping hand when you need it the most, not a babysitter.
7 Best Baby Swing Bouncer Combos
Ready to check some of our best picks? These best baby swing and bouncer combo items are the ones that match our expectations (and yours, hopefully) when it comes to getting the best of both swinging and bouncing.
4moms mamaRoo 4 Baby Swing – Best Overall – Editor’s Pick
The 4moms mamaRoo 4 Baby Swing offers you five unique speed settings and movement for soothing your baby. The idea of this innovative best baby swing and bouncer combo is to simulate a parent’s motion in bouncing and swaying the baby.
The system is good for babies up to 25 pounds, or when they can sit up on their own without help, making it a wonderful baby swing bouncer combo to get.
- Five one-of-a-kind motions and speeds similar to parent’s soothing, so you’re bound to find some combination your little one likes.
- Very compact in size than swings with the same features, taking up less space in the nursery
- The seat rotates 360 degrees so even as the swing stays stationary, your baby’s view can change. Plus, the rotation allows you to go from a side-to-side swing to a back-to-front swing.
- The swing is Bluetooth-enabled – control the seat’s motions, speeds and volume of the four built-in music via 4moms app on your smartphone directly. You can customize the music your baby hears too.
- No need to use batteries, just plug in to put it to work.
- A small number of parents have said the swing is a bit loud when it’s being used. In some cases, this has disturbed the baby’s sleep, but most parents say their little one has slept right through it.
- Customer service and product quality seem inconsistent.
No products found.
Nuna Leaf Grow – Longest Lifespan
The Nuna Leaf Grow makes it onto our best baby swing bouncer combo list because of its incredibly long lifespan. The three-point harness and padded insert keep little ones safe and cozy.
However, the infant supports can effortlessly be removed to transition to a toddler seat. Unlike other baby swing and bouncer combos, it doesn’t require batteries. A push from a parent or baby’s natural motions is all that is needed. Apart from side-to-side swaying, your baby can rest comfortably in three different reclining positions.
We also adore the Nuna Leaf Grow for its compact size that fits in nearly any space. We love the sturdy but slim base of this bouncer swing combo. The seat can be moved to a variety of angles and locked in place, perfect for resting or eating.
- Transitions from infant to toddler (newborn to 130lbs), making it the perfect seat that grows with baby
- Mesh backing for extra breathability
- Non-harmful removable fabrics – with organic infant insert for added safety and comfort
- Compact size fits small baby nurseries
- It doesn’t require electricity or batteries, as it operates via motion either by the parent or baby
- The chair can be heavy, weighing at 15.2 lbs
- The manual swaying lasts only about 2 minutes before the next push is needed, which requires parents to stay by their baby’s side for continuous soothing
Nuna Leaf Grow
- Stage 1: For newborn to infant, with built-in harness
- Stage 2: For older infant to toddler when the child can walk, without built-in harness
- Ultra-smooth quiet operation, side to side gliding and up down motion
- Easily locks in a stationary position for feeding or baby playtime
Graco Sense2Soothe Baby Swing – Most Compact
The Graco Sense2Soothe Baby Swing may be a baby swing rocker combo but it still makes our list due to its good eight swinging and bouncing motion settings. And if that’s not enough, soothe your baby with three motion speeds and two types of vibration settings. Keep your child entertained as well with 15 different calming songs and sounds.
The seat can be removed from the portable swing and taken into any room in the house as a rocker for your little one. The best part about this Graco swing model is the cry detection technology that smartly adjusts the swinging based on your baby’s cries until he is satisfied with the setting.
This swing and rocker combo is good for babies up to 25 pounds.
- Features Cry Detection Technology that senses your baby’s cries and swings automatically to soothe him
- Includes eight swinging speeds and an adjustable 3-way recline chair to put your baby in the most comfortable position possible.
- Comes with 15 different melodies and sounds.
- Also functions as a portable rocker to keep your baby by your side.
- The cover is easy to clean and can be tossed into the washing machine.
- Does not need to be powered by batteries, just plug into the wall.
- Some parents have complained that the swing is too loud and lets off whirring noise when transitioning between swing modes in auto-soothing mode.
- Some people have complained that the cry detection sensor may or may not work, and the motions may
- Motions don’t seem to differ much, not for babies who prefer stronger vertical bouncing movement.
- Multi-direction seat offers more ways to soothe
- 3 adjustable swing speeds ensure finding just the right soothing pace to fit baby's preference
- Vibration with 2 speed settings so baby will remain soothed and content.Do not use bleach or detergent
Ingenuity InLighten 2-in-1 Baby Swing & Rocker – Best for Infants
Are you looking for a swing and rocker combo best for your infant child to get the best of both swinging and bouncing motions in one comfy seat? Consider the Ingenuity InLighten 2-in-1 Baby Swing & Rocker!
It is a fantastic piece of baby gear right from birth, accommodating younger babies with various supportive features. The removable head support and bolster cushion provide comfort and a snug fit. Parents can recline the seat to suit their baby. A five-point harness holds them securely in place.
The versatility of the Ingenuity Swing & Rocker puts other baby swing and bouncer combo models to shame. A vibrating seat, 180 degrees rotation that allows it to swing in three directions, six speeds, and lights and sounds keep any child content. Plus, parents can control many of these features from an app on their phones.
- Rocker can effortlessly be removed and used separately
- Works with batteries or electrical outlet so you can soothe baby without breaking the momentum
- Adaptive swing technology adjusts to a baby’s changing weight
- Mesh fabrics and DreamComfort fabric technology keep baby cool and well ventilated
- Your infant can rest in two recline positions
- The swing base is very wide, which may take up more space in the nursery or bedroom
- Difficult to clean; the entire unit must be disassembled
- The Ingenuity InLighten Soothing Swing & Rocker combines two parenting must-haves in one; Rotates 180° & swings in 3 directions with soothing vibrations help calm baby; premium mesh fabrics promote airflow to keep baby cooler
- LightBeams mobile includes 2 plush toys & projects a dazzling light show; mirror on the underside of the mobile encourages self-discovery. Easy to clean with machine washable seat pad & bolster; frame & toys wipe clean
- Soothe baby with 16 melodies, 3 nature sounds & white noise; ConnectMe feature connects to your smart device & plays personalized music, videos, photos & more; includes 3 timer settings: 30, 45 or 60 minutes
Fisher-Price 2-in-1 Deluxe Cradle ‘n Swing – Best Design
The Fisher-Price 2-in-1 Deluxe Cradle ‘n Swing offers you a bunch of options to get your baby to sleep at six different speeds. The ability to move the cradle so your baby can swing from side-to-side or back-and-forth is a great asset.
There are vibration mode and 16 soothing melodies to up the soothing game. Apart from that, the cute 3-piece hanging mobile is certainly a welcome addition. This Fisher-Price best bouncy swing is recommended for babies up to 25 pounds. Not to mention, the designs are just adorable to the eyes!
- There are six sway speeds and the cradle rotates so your baby can swing side-to-side or back-and-forth.
- You can detach the removable rocker for some light bouncing and rocking on the ground or on a tabletop.
- Hanging mobile is motorized to stimulate baby’s visual senses.
- Runs on electricity or battery power.
- The frame folds easily for storage allowing you to make room for tummy-time as your baby gets older.
- Some parents have complained the swing’s motor is too noisy.
- If on batteries, the swing seems to drain power too quickly.
No products found.
Graco Duet Sway LX Swing with Portable Bouncer – Best Versatility
Graco is considered to be one of the best and well-known brands, and this is another model to consider when looking for a good swing and bouncer combo. The Graco Duet Sway LX Swing with Portable Bouncer keeps your baby snug and safe in its comfortable plush seat, offering your baby the proper support for their neck and back as the soothing goes on.
A truly versatile best swing bouncer combo, you can transform the seat into a portable bouncer when you need a different way to keep baby calm by your side. Choose between swaying the baby seat side-to-side or back and forth, adjust the recline three ways, and set the swinging speed and vibration to your child’s liking.
The Graco Duet baby bouncer swing also includes an adjustable, removable toy bar plus six songs and sounds to keep your little one entertained.
- Comfort your baby either side-to-side or swing from front to back, with adjustable swinging speeds
- You can adjust the swing into 3 different positions of recline.
- Also includes 2-speed vibration setting for extra charm in soothing.
- The swing can be transformed into a portable bouncer by detaching the cradle. The side handles of the cradle make the conversion easy too.
- The fabric is easily removed so you can toss it into the washing machine.
- Either use batteries or plug in to operate.
- Some parents prefer a lower recline – baby seems to still be in sit-up position despite the recline which may not be comfortable for them.
- Swinging can be rather violent despite speed adjustment.
- Baby swing seat conveniently doubles as a portable baby bouncer and has carry handles to keep baby happy by your side throughout the home
- Infant swing has two soothing motions to comfort baby -side-to-side or front-to-back swinging
- Multi-direction seat allows baby to enjoy either side-to-side or front-to-back swinging for more soothing options
Graco Simple Sway 2-in-1 Swing and Bouncer – Best Features for Price
When it comes to the best swing bouncer combo to give you the most bang for your buck, check out the Graco Simple Sway 2-in-1 Swing and Bouncer. The seat itself is very comfy and continues to be as your child grows, thanks to the removable support.
You can rotate the swing direction and adjust the speed to one of six settings. Two vibration speeds, fifteen sounds, and volume settings soothe even the fussiest little ones.
When you want to keep your baby close, this swing and bouncer combo lets you easily remove the bouncer. Carry handles are perfect for moving about the house, and many of the features, like vibration, still work to keep your baby happy. It’s everything you could need to soothe your child in one neat package.
- Very adjustable features, including swing speed (6 settings) and sound settings (10 classic melodies and 5 nature sounds)
- The bouncer is easy to detach and attach to swing
- Plug in or use batteries while away from home
- Carry handles make it convenient to carry and shift the baby gear around
- Includes three plush toys on the spinning mobile
- Very large and bulky; not ideal for small spaces
- Audible motor noise when in use, which may be annoying
Graco Simple Sway 2-in-1 Swing and Bouncer
- Swing seat conveniently doubles as a portable bouncer with carry handles
- Choice to plug in or use batteries
- 6 swing speeds, two vibration settings for longer soothing
- Infant head support for comfort
- 5-point harness keeps baby secure
What to Look for When Shopping for The Best Baby Swing Bouncer Combo
Make sure that whichever type you choose, the baby bouncer swing has either a three-point or five-point harness. The five-point harness is much like what you’ll find in your baby’s best infant car seat and is ideal for keeping your baby securely fastened in the seat.
Do you want a baby bouncer swing that you can easily take to your mother’s house or is it okay staying in one place? Some swing sets are more portable than others, so know how important portability is to you before you shop.
Some baby swings are powered by electricity, some are powered by a battery and some can do both. There are also some models that have no power at all. Know what you’re looking for before you buy.
If you plan to put the swing in a high traffic area of the house, it’s probably not good to have it tethered to the wall by a power cord.
At the same time, if you’re using the swing a lot, changing the batteries every two weeks is not ideal. Neither is pushing the swing every minute until your baby falls asleep.
Be sure to figure out the weight limit of the swing or bouncer before you buy it. It would be really upsetting to buy something for your two-month-old only to find he outgrew it a month later. All swings and bouncers have different weight limits, so it’s important to read the product’s specifications before you buy it.
Ease of Cleaning
Accidents happen. You can’t always plan for diaper explosions or spit up, so the ability to take off a cover and clean it is key. In an ideal situation, you’re looking for something that’s machine washable, so you can do a quick rinse, toss it in the washer and then get back to all the other chores that need to be done.
Bouncers and swings all have extra features. Some parents want a set that plays music. Others must have a bouncer that vibrates. Maybe the color is especially important to you. Or you really want a hanging mobile or a toy bar. Before you buy, make a list of the items that you absolutely must have and the ones you can do without.
Baby Swing And Bouncer Combo FAQs
Do you need both a baby swing and bouncer?
Many parents find that they can get by with only one type. However, some babies truly prefer one kind of motion over another. Therefore, a great combo offers both movements and increased portability.
When do you need a bouncer or swing?
There are many times when a bouncer or swing can come in handy. Such as when you are occupied with a task and want a safe place for your baby to play or rest. Also, they’re excellent for calming fussy babies with their soothing motion. However, it’s important to note that a baby should never be left unsupervised or put to sleep in a bouncer, swing, or rocker.
Are bouncing swings good for babies?
Temporary use of a bouncer or swing isn’t usually problematic for babies. Prolonged or too frequent use can be harmful, especially if they don’t get enough tummy time or free-sitting time.
Which is better, swing or bouncer?
Some babies prefer one over the other. Additionally, some parents have preferences too. Swings are generally larger but better at soothing little ones. Bouncers are more compact and more easily able to move about the house.
Can you put a newborn in a baby swing bouncer combo?
You must read and follow your item’s manufacturer’s instructions. Generally, babies can use a swing bouncer combo from birth, especially with specially made newborn inserts.
Can babies sleep in a baby swing and bouncer?
Babies should never be allowed to sleep in a swing or bouncer. They should never be left unsupervised in a swing, bouncer, or rocker either.
If you want the ultimate baby swing bouncer combo to soothe your little one, there’s no beating the 4moms mamaRoo 4 Baby Swing. It offers so many motions to calm your little one. Plus, its versatility suits children of various ages and stages, reclining for nap time or sitting upright for play.
If you’re looking for more of a true swing bouncer combo that comes apart into two separate units, this list has many wonderful options! No doubt, each and every swing bouncer combo on the list has its own perks and downsides but at the end of the day, go for a model that best fits you and your baby’s requirements.
Do you have a favorite swing and bouncer in one? We would love to know in the comments!
Last update on 2023-06-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API