All parents are well aware of the vast array of benefits that a baby monitor has to offer. However, there’s one thing that keeps up from getting one—the high cost of baby monitor.
What if I tell you that you don’t need to break the bank just to get one?
For your information, there are plenty of inexpensive baby monitors in the market today. You can buy one for less than 100 dollars! Yes, we’re serious!
In this article, we’ll provide you with some budget baby monitors along with some buying tips to help you find the best affordable baby monitor for your needs!
Best Affordable Baby Monitor Picks Below $100
Can You Buy Baby Monitor for Less Than $100?
Prices of baby monitors range from $50 to $400. To keep the answer short and sweet for you—yes! These days, there are baby monitors that are being sold for less than a hundred dollars. We have listed a few of those below.
Should You Buy Budget Baby Monitor?
This is the real dilemma now, isn’t it? For pricey baby monitors, parents worry about the cost. On the other hand, they worry about quality when it comes to best affordable baby monitors.
That’s understandable. After all, we have always associated low price with low quality. However, that’s not always the case. As we have mentioned, there are plenty of best budget baby monitors available for this price range.
The key here, though, is to set realistic expectations. Since we’re talking about best affordable baby monitors, you should be ready to let go of some advanced features.
Important Questions to Ask Yourself Before Buying a Budget Baby Monitor
If you’re worried that you won’t get an excellent baby monitor for this price range, our advice is to be careful in choosing the baby monitor you’ll buy. To ensure that you’ll get the best baby monitor possible for such price, here are some questions you should ask yourself:
Which type of baby monitor do I want?
Under this price range, there are three types of best affordable baby monitor that you can choose from. Here are some of them:
Audio baby monitor
Also called sound-only monitors, these are designed to help you listen to your baby’s sounds and movements. These gadgets must be equipped with anti-noise so you can hear only your baby’s coos and cries.
Video baby monitor
These video monitors allow you to watch him on screen but that’s not all. Most of these baby monitors come with night vision features to supervise your baby’s activities in dim light conditions.
Wireless baby monitor
These are baby monitors that don’t come with parent units. Instead, you can connect them to your wireless network, and you can watch the feed through an app that you can download on your smartphone or tablet.
How wide a transmission range do you need?
If you have a big house or house with lots of walls, you need a long transmission range of at least 800 ft.
How long do you plan to use it?
During the early years, it’s okay that you use a best value baby monitor with basic features. As your child grows older, you may need more features. It would be best that you choose one with that has remote pan, tilt, and zoom functions, and has a motion tracker so you can follow him as he moves around his room.
What are your must-have features?
This would depend on what your needs are. Some of the essential baby monitor features are two-way talkback, night vision, sound indicators, alerts, voice-activated eco mode, and remote pan, tilt, and zoom.
Other nice-to-have features are nightlight function, pre-programmed lullabies, motion and sound tracking, temperature sensor, and VOX mode.
Will you stay at home or do you go out often?
If you go out often, you will best choose a wireless baby monitor so you can check out your baby wherever you go.
How many receivers do you need?
You can answer this by taking a look at the size of your house, how many floors and walls there are, and how many rooms you have. If you have a big home, you may need a baby monitor with multiple parent units or various cameras to look after your baby in more than one room wherever you are in your home.
8 Best Budget Baby Monitor Reviews
Now that you have all the criteria down pat, it’s time to go through a few products to give you ideas on picking the baby monitor with a good balance between price and quality. Here are some of the best affordable baby monitors under $100 that you can find in the market:
1. VTech DM221 Audio Baby Monitor
For the under $100 price range, one of the best inexpensive baby monitor choices you have is a high-quality audio-only monitor with all the handy dandy features. That’s no other than the Vtech DM221.
This baby monitor is known for its excellent sound clarity. What makes this a great catch is its sound filtering capability, which blocks out all the unnecessary voice to ensure that you’ll hear nothing but the sounds of your baby. This is one feature you can’t find in video monitors.
In addition to delivering crystal clear sounds, the monitor has a maximum volume of 103.4 dB, which is the loudest possible volume in audio baby monitors.
Another fantastic feature is it is expandable for up to 2 parent units so you and your husband can have one parent unit each and can both listen to your baby. Lastly, it has an impressive range of 1000 ft.
With its features and the straightforward operation of this monitor, this is an excellent choice for parents who want something functional and simple to use.
- Highly portable as it comes with belt clip
- LED light indicator and vibrations when on silent mode
- Backlit display on the parent unit
- Remote-controlled nightlight
- Low battery and out of range alerts
- Units unlink frequently
- Battery doesn’t last as long as promised
- CLEAR AUDIO AND LONG RANGE - DECT 6.0 technology provides clear audio transmission, eliminating annoying background noise while allowing you to move from room to room. Up to 1,000 feet of range lets you stay connected to your baby from another room
- 5-LEVEL SOUND INDICATOR AND 2-WAY TALK-BACK INTERCOM - LEDs on the parent unit indicate the level of sound in your baby's room so you can visually monitor the noise level. The built-in intercom on the parent unit lets you talk to your baby from any room
- NIGHT LIGHT ON THE BABY UNIT - A soothing light on the baby unit gently illuminates a dark nursery. Both the parent unit(s) and baby unit allow you to turn on or off the nighlight on the baby unit
2. Summer Glimpse Plus Video Baby Monitor
This is the most expensive among the best inexpensive video baby monitor choices in the list, but its features and performance certainly live up to its price. For one, the Summer Glimpse Plus is a video baby monitor, which means that you can’t just hear your baby but also watch his movements.
The highlight of this device is its adjustable swivel camera design. With this design, you can rotate the camera from left to right for optimal positioning.
If you’ve already correctly positioned the camera and you’re still not satisfied with your view, another feature that you can enjoy is the camera’s remote digital zoom that allows you to zoom in the image with just a press of a button.
It also has one of the features you don’t expect to find from a budget baby monitor—night vision. With this, you can watch over your baby even as he sleeps at night.
This video monitor is also expandable for up to 4 cameras to place a camera in each part of your home where your baby will be.
- Good display screen size
- Two-way communication feature
- VOX Screen Wakeup
- On-screen temperature display
- Can be mounted on a wall or set up in tabletop
- Short battery life
- Inaccurate temperature gauge
- ADDED PEACE OF MIND - When baby sleeps well, the whole family sleeps well! The Summer Glimpse Plus Video Baby Monitor brings a greater level of peace of mind right into the hands of parents, so everyone sleeps better.
- COLOR LCD VIDEO DISPLAY SCREEN – This video monitor has an LCD color screen with automatic black and white night vision and a 3.5-inch display screen. Plus, room temperature display, remote digital zoom, two-way talk-back to baby and up to 1,000-ft range.
- BETTER VIEW OF BABY – The baby monitor with camera has an adjustable/swivel camera design that allows for optimal positioning for tabletop or wall-mounting, plus remote digital zoom so you can get a better view of baby with the press of one button.
3. Babysense V24US Baby Monitor
The Babysense V24US baby monitor is one of the best video baby monitors at its price range. Even though it’s a budget baby monitor, it comes with features that you’ll only expect to see in high-end baby monitors.
It has a 2x digital zoom function so you can have a closer look at your baby if you can’t see what he’s doing from afar. Additionally, the camera pans at 360 degrees and tilts at 60 degrees to get the viewing angle you’re comfortable with.
The camera also automatically switches to night vision when it detects dim light so you can see your baby a bit clearer come night time.
You can pair the monitor to up to 4 cameras to monitor more rooms in your house. When connected to more than one camera, the camera gives an auto camera scan view, which rotates each camera’s feed after every few seconds.
- 4 pre-programmed lullabies
- Parent unit comes with a kickstand
- Eco-mode VOX setting
- Two mounting options
- Temperature sensor and alerts
- Adjustable brightness and volume
- Small display screen
- Short power cord
- HAVE A PEACE OF MIND – Our Baby Monitor with Camera allows monitoring your baby’s sleep with 2.4 Inch High Quality Color LCD Display, providing high quality and stable streaming, secure hacking-free connection and crystal clear digital vision & sound. Your baby deserves the best care.
- SOOTHE & COMFORT YOUR BABY: Use the two-way audio or the programmed lullaby sounds to calm your baby remotely. So you can comfort your baby with the sound of your own voice, sometimes our little angels just need to hear our voice!
- STAY CONNECTED TO YOUR BABY – There's nothing more stressful than not knowing what your little one is doing. That is why our Babysense portable baby monitor features long range of up to 900 feet (OPEN SPACE), which does not require wifi (no hacking risks) and allows you to move freely in your house or yard and sleep better at night.
4. HelloBaby HB65 Baby Monitor
The HelloBaby HB65 Baby Monitor is one of the stylish best affordable baby monitors you can find in the market. More than its aesthetic appeal, it is loaded with lots of amazing features as it is HelloBaby’s fourth update of their baby monitor. As a result, it is packed with features that you can’t find in previous HelloBaby monitors.
Let’s begin with its remote pan, tilt, and zoom. You can rotate the monitor at 355 degrees horizontally and 120 degrees vertically by only pushing a button in the parent monitor. This means you don’t need to enter the nursery and risk waking up your baby to change the camera’s viewing angle.
The camera also has IR night vision features, which automatically shifts from day to night vision under low light conditions. With this feature, you can enjoy up the visibility of up to 15 feet in darkness.
Same with the first two video monitors, this also has an expandability feature and can work with up to 4 cameras, which is perfect for monitoring twins.
- Two color options—gold and black
- Pre-programmed Lullabies
- Temperature monitor and warnings
- Plug and play setup
- Sound-level LED indicator
- Monitor breaks easily
- Battery doesn’t last long
- Large LCD Display & Safe Wireless Technology: This video baby monitor come with a 3.2" LCD display. Application of frequency hopping and digital encryption technology ensures secure and reliable connection.
- REMOTE PAN TILT and ZOOM &3.2" LCD DISPLAY: Remote control camera rotate 355° in horizontal and 120° vertical ensuring you always have a clear view of your baby from any angle.
- SMART FEATURES:The crystal clear two-way audio feature allows conversation both ends as clear as if you were in the same room with your little one. Room temperature monitor and alert, night vision, lullaby, sound level LED indicator, audio only mode.
5. Wyze Cam Pan
Are you always on the go and you want to make sure that your baby’s safe at home? You may want to check out the Wyze Cam Pan. It’s one of the most affordable WiFi baby monitors available today.
With its 1080p full HD resolution, it can provide you with clear video day and night. It is equipped with 6 Infrared LED lights that will provide you with a night vision of up to 30 feet in total darkness.
The camera can automatically monitor the entire room at a rate of 360-degree coverage in 3 seconds. You can use this feature by setting 4 predefined waypoints. If you want to track the room at your own pace, you also have the option to pan the camera at 360 degrees and tilt at 93 degrees.
One feature we adore in this best affordable baby monitor is the camera’s motion and sound recording. When the camera detects motion or sound, it automatically records a 12-second video clip and store in the cloud where it can stay for as long as 14 days.
You can also turn on the mobile push notifications to alert you whenever your baby makes a sound or movement.
- Works with Alexa and Google Assistant
- Watch live streams anywhere.
- Versatile and minimalistic design
- Motion and sound recording with automatic cloud storage
- Also compatible with microSD cards.
- Works only with 2.GHz WiFi network
- Poor customer service
Discover how to set this up by watching this video:
- Pan, tilt, and zoom (PTZ) lets you control Wyze Cam Pan remotely using the Wyze app so you can see every angle of your room while you’re away, on demand. Or, have Wyze Cam Pan monitor your room automatically with the Pan Scan feature by setting 4 predefined waypoints. Panning has a 360° left/right rotation range and tilting has a 93° vertical up/down range.
- Live Stream from Anywhere in 1080p - 1080p Full HD live streaming lets you see inside your home from anywhere in real time using your mobile device. While live streaming, use two-way audio to speak with your friends and family through the Wyze app.
- Motion/Sound Recording with Free Cloud Storage - Wyze Cam Pan can automatically record a 12-second video clip when motion or sound is detected and saves that video to the cloud for 14-days, for free. Mobile push notifications can be enabled so you’re only alerted when something is detected letting you stay on top of things without having to constantly monitor the app. Or, record continuously to a MicroSD card (sold separately) regardless of motion and sound. Compatible with 8GB, 16GB, or 32GB FAT32 MicroSD cards.
6. ANMEATE SM24 Video Baby Monitor
This may be a budget baby monitor, but it is designed to help you monitor your baby during the day and also at night. The camera has automatic Infrared Night Vision, which instantly uses IR lights to provide clear video once the lights become dim.
To see clearer at night, you can take advantage of the camera’s digital zoom. You can also change the camera’s position to suit your preference through its Manual Pan (360 degrees) and Tilt (60 degrees) features.
The ANMEATE SM24 Video Baby Monitor has a long transmission range of 960 ft, which is pretty impressive considering how affordable the monitor is. Lastly, you can also pair the monitor with up to 4 cameras. When connected to more than one camera, the monitor will give you an auto-scan view wherein the cameras’ feeds will be shown alternately after every 10 seconds.
- Vox eco-mode
- Programmed lullabies
- Alarm and timer setting
- Wall or tabletop mounting options
- LED sound indicators
- Tilt and pan should be done manually
- Difficult to get a stable connection
- High quality color screen: This unique baby monitor features a High Resolution Display with 2x zoom magnification for comprehensive coverage. The 2.4” screen can deliver streaming live view whenever you check in.
- High definition night vision & temperature monitoring: This baby monitor with camera has 8 infrared LED Lights and could constantly monitor babies’ activities. Other built-in features include automatic night vision and temperature monitoring.
- Two way talking & long transmission range: The video monitor covers a transmission range of up to 960 feet.You could play 4 soothing lullaby songs or use the two-way talk back intercom function to comfort your babies.
7. Nooie Cam 360
Finding a best affordable WiFi baby monitor for less than $100 seems like an impossible feat. The Nooie Cam 360 makes it possible for you. With its price, you would expect the baby monitor only to have the bare minimum features. Well, surprise, surprise! It gives you more than the basics!
With its 1080P HD camera, the video baby monitor offers excellent resolution and provides a detailed image of your baby and environment. You can also get superior night vision viewing experience from its camera as it’s equipped with a 940 nm IR lens that will give you visibility of up to 30 ft in darkness.
It is also equipped with motion tracking, which allows you to see the 101-degree field of view. If you have an active toddler, the camera will automatically sense his movements and track his actions.
Another thing you’ll love is the camera can give you the view of the entire nursery since it rotates at 360 degrees. It does this by panning at 350 degrees and tilting at 94 degrees.
The monitor’s built-in anti-noise speaker mic will ensure that you hear your baby’s sounds and movements clearly without any white noise.
- Stylish and modern design
- Can be stored locally or via the cloud
- Works with Alexa
- Share access to an unlimited number of people
- Plug and play installation
- Affordable price
- Only pairs with 2.4G WiFi
- WiFi password must be less than 31 characters.
- The pairing process is a bit complicated.
- ✪ 360 ° MOTION TRACKING: Automatically senses and tracks the action in your home in full 360°. Nooie Cam 360 has 101° field of view -- rotates 355° horizontally and 94° vertically. Pan and tilt easily with the Nooie App.
- ✪ 1080P HD + SUPERIOR NIGHT VISION: 1080P HD camera lens and two 940nm infrared LEDs. Night vision up to 32ft (10m) in pitch-black. Optional status light.
- ✪ STYLISH, INTUITIVE, EASY SET UP: Camera and App are easy to install, simple to control, and a breeze to maintain. Compatible with 2.4GHz WiFI network. Download app from App Store or Google Play. Works with Alexa.
8. Serenelife USA SLBCAM20 Video Baby Monitor
If you have a toddler, you may want to check out the SereneLife USA SLBCAM20. This baby monitor has a customizable viewing angle as it offers 360-degree rotation. Using this feature, you can monitor your child’s movement wherever he is in the nursery.
The camera is also designed for both day and night monitoring, thanks to its night vision feature. Using IR lights, the camera sheds illumination in your child’s room at night so you can see him even under low light conditions.
That’s not all! The best feature of this baby monitor is its 24-hour battery life! It will be challenging to find a baby monitor with a battery that can last as long as this. With its long battery life span, you can go around the house and do your chores without needing to recharge the parent unit from time to time with this best affordable baby monitor.
- Voice-activated screen sleep mode
- Longest battery life
- Built-in lullabies
- Temperature sensor with warnings
- Comes with travel clip
- The backlight is too bright, so battery quickly gets drained.
- Lullabies are played too loud
- Upgraded long range 850’: Long distance baby monitor keeps an eye on your child from anywhere in your home (and can even work a short distance outside); Dependable 2.4 GHZ wireless frequency is more reliable than cameras that work with home WiFi
- Screen Sleep Mode: Enable VOX mode and the digital screen will sleep while no sound signals detected; No unwanted screen glow when monitoring camaras from your bedroom nightstand; Set alarm in monitors settings for nap wakeup
- Temperature Monitoring: Thermometer in the cam top measures the crib or room temperature; Make sure your babies are comfortable in summer or winter; Built in baby monitor night vision system will activate when optics sense low light
Which is the Best Affordable Baby Monitor to Get?
So you see, you don’t have to shell out hundreds of dollars just to get a decent baby monitor. All the brands we listed can already give you the sought-after baby monitor benefits without breaking the bank.
For this roundup, we have two winners. If you’re looking for a WiFi baby monitor, the best affordable baby monitor for us is no other than the Wyze Cam Pan. It has the features you can only expect from high-end baby monitors—high-quality night vision feed, 360-degree rotation, and anti-noise speaker and mic.
On the other hand, the Summer Glimpse Plus Video Baby Monitor is the best value baby monitor if you’re looking for a traditional video baby monitor because it has excellent display screen size, and automatic pan, tilt, and zoom features.
Hope our reviews help! Like this article? Help us spread the word then!
Last update on 2021-05-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API