There will come a time when your baby is ready to be more active. They will need to be entertained, want to explore, and desire to move even if they aren’t completely ready to walk yet.
The best way for your baby to spend their energy and practice their new skills is with a baby walker, and here we have compiled a list of best baby walker available right now.
10 Best Baby Walkers
In this best baby walker review, we will look at two main types of walkers for babies: sit to stand and seated activity walkers.
The latter may be what you think of first when you are picturing baby walkers. These are essentially mobile activity centers, a saucer surrounded by toys with a bucket seat in the middle. With these, there is no need for your baby to support themselves; the seat does the work for them.
The other type of walker – sit to stand or otherwise known as baby push toy walker – are toys that have buttons or other things to interact with while your baby is seated, and they also have a handle that your baby can push when they want to practice walking. These don’t support your baby and are better for teaching your little one to actually walk. They are also overall the safest baby walker to use.
There are many parents and professionals who claim that baby walkers are dangerous. However, like many other safety concerns regarding babies such as babies sleeping in swings and dangers of playing in baby play pens, this is really only the case when your baby is unsupervised and allowed to sit in their walker for extended periods of time.
If you can keep a few key things in mind, you can use baby walkers safely. Keep your baby’s walker away from staircases. Always keep an eye on them while they are using it. Don’t rely on seated walkers to teach your baby to walk.
You want to make sure your baby stays entertained while playing with their walker, so you will want to ensure that there is a good variety of baby toys and activities to keep them busy. These can include music and lights, bead chasers, mirrors, overhead hanging toys to bat at, and more, which can be fun educational or developmental toys for your child.
You may also want to find the best baby walker that allows for the attachment of other toys. Some activity walkers have toy loops or even extra tray space for your little one to play with their favorite toys, ones they already have at home.
No one wants to fight difficult assembly on anything, whether it’s a piece of furniture or a toy for your child. Read through some reviews and see what other users have to say about the ease of assembly before you make your best baby walker purchase.
You will need to stow your baby walker away at some point, so you want to look at the overall size of it. Seated activity walkers are harder to store whereas sit to stand walkers can easily fit into a closet.
Some activity walkers are collapsible, folding flat so they can be slid under a bed or crib. This can be a highly desired feature for parents who are looking to save space in their small home or apartment.
Some baby walkers have additional safety features built in to give you more peace of mind. These may include bumpers, rubber brakes that will stop the walker when it comes to uneven ground, and may even allow the wheels to lock for stationary play. You may also want to consider the flooring you have at home – some walkers are good for hardwood floors while some are more suited for carpets.
Activity walkers can get very messy. Having a place for your baby to sit and play also makes it a convenient place for snack time. You will want to find the best baby walker that has removable toys to make room to wipe the tray down and seat cover that can be thrown into the washing machine.
These baby walkers are our top ten picks of the year:
The first best baby walker on our list is an activity walker from Baby Trend. This walker comes in seven different colors and designs, giving you quite a bit of variety to fit your personal taste.
There aren’t many toys included – only a single toy bar – but the bar is removable for easier cleaning. The tray is a very good size for snacking and play with other toys as well.
Another great feature of this walker is the fact that it can fold flat for easier transport and storage.
- Removable toy bar
- Large tray for toys and snacks
- Folds flat for storage
- Adjustable seat height
- Rubber brakes underneath
- Not many toys
- Seat cover is not machine washable
- Assembly is a bit difficult
- Toys are made with very hard plastic
- Removable toy bar with toys
- Large surround tray for food or toys
- Three-position height adjustable
Looking for a modern baby walker that has a sleek, stylish design without all the busyness that comes with other activity walkers? The Joovy Spoon walker may be just what you are looking for.
The design for this walker is pretty simple. There are no toys included, which may be a downside for some parents. However, the large tray is easy to clean with a dishwasher safe removable insert, and it gives plenty of space for your little one to play with their existing favorite toys.
It comes in four different colors, each with a removable seat pad that can be machine washed.
- Dishwasher safe tray insert
- Folds flat for storage
- Sleek design
- Non-slip stair pads
- Machine washable seat pad
- No toys included
- A little overpriced
- Rear wheels do not swivel
- Height settings are too low for some children
- Super sized tray with removable insert, insert is dishwasher safe
- Folds flat for easy storage and travel; BPA, PVC and Phthalate free
- Seat pad is supportive and comfortable, machine washable
This activity walker from Kolcraft is a great convertible baby walker option if you want something that will grow with your little one and help them actually learn how to walk.
They can start off sitting in the walker, playing with the toys and pulling themselves around just like they would with any other activity walker. Then, as they grow, they can push the walker around by holding onto the handle in the back.
This best baby walker does come with a decent variety of toys attached for younger babies, and there are also toy loops that you can utilize to attach their favorites.
- Can be used two ways as child grows
- Variety of toys included
- Toys loops allow for additional attachments
- Skid-resistant friction pads
- Easy to clean tray and seat pad
- Doesn’t fold or collapse for storage
- Friction pads can interfere with smooth rolling
- Not as bulky/sturdy as previous model
- Included toys can be a bit boring for older babies
- 2-STAGES TO GROW WITH CHILD -- 2 stages that grow with child from infant to toddler - Stage 1: Seated activity walker; Stage 2: Walk-behind walker.
- DEVELOPMENTAL ACTIVITIES -- Toys include upright flower mirror toy with crinkle petals and textured stem, spinning toy for batting play and bead bar for motor skill development. Toy loops for attaching baby’s favorite toys
- HEIGHT ADJSTABLE - Height-adjustable seat grows with baby.
One of the top rated baby walkers on the market is this Vtech Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker. In fact, it is one of the most reviewed and purchased baby items on most retail sites
This walker is great for all ages. They can start on the floor with the removable toy panel, pressing buttons, listening to music, and playing with the pretend phone. This play option is also popular with toddlers.
When your baby is ready to start walking, they can hold onto the handle and travel around the house. There is even a safety option that allows the wheels to lock in place to help your baby practice their balance.
- Great variety of toys and activities
- Includes over 70 songs, music, and sound effects
- Wheels have optional brakes
- Removable play panel for floor play
- Wheels work on carpet and hard floors
- Tips easily when baby pulls up on handle
- Activity pad may be a bit too overwhelming for some children
- Phone can get lost since it’s not attached
- Some movable pieces on the activity pad can be pulled off easily
- Interactive learning baby Walker has a removable play panel; frustration free packaging means it comes in a plain brown box
- Early learning center has 5 piano keys that play music and encourage creativity; wheels work on carpeted and hard floors
- Features 2 colorful spinning rollers, 3 shape sorters, and 3 light-up buttons that develop motor skills
This Hape sit to stand walker is a cute little retro toy, with colorful wooden elements that remind you of your childhood.
The activities included on this best baby activity walker – moveable knobs, gears, and balls – promote motor skills development in young ones. This prevents overstimulation from the excessive lights and sounds found on most other walkers.
You can also use this walker as a wagon or cart. So, your child can bring their favorite toys around the house with them.
- Rubber trimmed wheels protect hard floors
- Activities included promote motor skill development
- Sustainable wood craftsmanship
- Can also be used as a toy wagon
- Non-toxic materials
- A bit expensive
- Does not steer or maneuver easily
- Wheels scrape against the cart
- Not all parts are wooden
- Moveable knobs, gears, and colorful balls offer five different activities
- Develops coordination and fine motor skills
- Carefully designed rubber-trimmed setback wheels will protect floors
Similar to the Kolcraft walker, this one from Delta Children is a great 2-in-1 activity walker design. Your little one can start by sitting in the walker when they aren’t quite ready to stand or walk on their own.
Once they are ready to stand and take a few assisted steps, they can use this walker to steady them and exercise their little legs.
Unlike the Kolcraft walker, this best baby walker does fold flat for easier storage. This is a great feature when you are looking to save space since most activity walkers are so bulky.
The toy tray is removable, clearing space for other toys or snacks. It can also be used separately from the rest of the walker, so you can easily use it for floor play or on the go.
- Can be used as a seated activity walker and push walker
- Folds flat for storage
- Toy tray is removable to create more space
- Machine washable seat cover
- Rubber stoppers make it difficult to roll on carpet
- Tray is difficult to remove
- Too high for some children
- Doesn’t maneuver the best
- 2 IN 1 DESIGN: Transitions from an activity walker to a walk behind walker; RECOMMENDED USE: For children up to 25 pounds; less than 30 inch tall; only use walk behind feature when your child is able to walk on their own
- ULTRA COMPACT: walker folds flat for easy transport or storage; ACTIVITY TRAY: Entertain baby with fun developmental toys and music; Toy tray easily removes to provide clear space to eat (Toy tray requires two AA batteries, not included)
- MACHINE WASHABLE: Chair cover is removable and machine washable for easy clean up; ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT: Three position height adjustment offers the right height as Baby grows
Another cute activity walker is this Sky Explorers Walker from Baby Einstein. Its design is pretty simple, but it is a great deal for the price.
It does not collapse for easier and more compact storage. However, it does have a smaller frame than most other activity walkers on the market.
There are two additional link loops for toy attachment, so your little ones can always have their favorites nearby. The attached toy station is also removable for use on the go or for floor play time.
- Additional link loops for toys
- Removable toy station for floor play and travel
- 3 adjustable height positions
- More compact than other walkers
- Very cute design
- Doesn’t have much clearance for movement on carpet
- Music is somewhat loud
- Wheels don’t maneuver well
- Doesn’t collapse for storage
- The sky’s the limit for baby’s first steps!
- Removable toy station includes lights, melodies and fun sounds
- 3 adjustable height positions to grow with baby
Similar to the sit to stand walker from Vtech, this interactive best baby walker from Fisher-Price is a great option for teaching your little one to walk.
The cute puppy design is sure to get their attention. The front panel is not removable like the one from Vtech, but the lights and activities on the front will keep your little one entertained for quite a while.
This walker does collapse so that your child can play while sitting on the floor without having to worry about it rolling away. It also has bilingual learning content, which is perfect for either Spanish-speaking families or those who simply want to expand their child’s language learning.
- Bilingual learning content
- Can be used sitting or walking
- Includes 7 hands-on activities on the front
- Collapses for easy storage
- Can be fun for children up to 3 years old
- Tips easily if baby pulls up on it
- No way to brake or slow the wheels
- Wheels get stuck sometimes while rolling
- Moves too fast on hard floors
- Musical infant walking toy with 2 ways to play as baby grows: sit & play or stand & walk!
- 75+ songs, sounds and phrases introduce the alphabet, shapes, colors, numbers and Spanish words
- Easy-grasp handle helps steady baby’s first steps, plus 7 hands-on activities including light-up piano keys and nose, roller, spinner, flip page and more
Another great activity walker from Delta Children is this cute Jeep Wrangler design. You have three different usage options with this one. Your little one can sit in it like a classic activity walker, push from behind with the handle on the back, and use it as a rolling toy car completely collapsed.
In collapsed mode, you can not only store it easier in your home, your child can use it as a toy and roll it around. It also has built in storage.
The toy tray is removable, exposing a large snack tray that is easy to wipe clean. It also keeps the electronic components clean, free from spills and sticky messes.
- Can be used three ways
- Fun Jeep design
- Realistic horn sounds and light up turn signals
- Toy tray is removable for use on the go
- Large tray for snack time
- Doesn’t work well on carpet
- Not adjustable and tall for some children
- A bit over priced
- Wheels don’t have much traction on hard floors
- Recommended use: Up to 25 pounds; Less than 30 tall | Adjustable seat height allows the walker to grow with your child | 3-in-1 design converts from baby walker mode into push-behind mode and a rolling toy car mode with toy storage
- For die-hard jeep fans: This 3-in-1 activity walker resembles the classic wrangler with its seven-slot grille, round headlamps and flat fender flares
- Interactive features: Toy tray features steering wheel that turns left to right and makes realistic horn and engine sounds, turn signals light up (requires 2 AA batteries, not included), remove the toy tray to reveal a roomy snack tray
Very similar to the previous walker, this best baby walker from Bright Starts features a Ford Mustang design with three modes of play.
The seated activity walker function can be used both with and without the car attached. The push option takes out the bulkiest part of the walker (the base) and allows the car to roll directly on the floor.
- Can be used three ways
- Cute Ford Mustang design in 4 colors
- Adjustable to 3 height positions
- Removable toy tray and play station
- Collapses for easier storage
- Moves a little too fast on hard floor
- A bit expensive
- Not much tray space
- Difficult to maneuver
- Three modes of play allow this lifelike Ford Mustang walker to grow with baby
- Two can play at once with the normal walker mode and push behind mode
- Safety enhanced with rubber feet that "brake"
When it comes to the best baby walkers, it is hard to compare sit to stand walkers with activity walkers. However, if we had to pick one overall walker, the Delta Children First Exploration 2-in-1 walker would be our choice.
You have the option to use it as both an activity walker and push walker, helping your baby to actually learn to walk rather than rely on the walker to carry them. With the removable toy tray, you can clear space for play time with other toys as well as snack time.
The fact that it is collapsible is also a great feature. You can save space in your home and store it much easier this way. The affordable price is also a great plus. Overall, this is a great walker choice for your little one.
Hope this list of best baby walker review helps. And if you enjoy reading this article, do share it to those who may find it useful too!
Last update on 2021-07-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API