There will come a time when your baby is ready to be more active. They will need to be entertained, want to explore, and desire to move even if they aren’t completely ready to walk yet. Of course, here we’re talking about the post tummy time and baby activity gym stage – the learning to walk stage!
The good news for parents? We have baby walkers.
Baby walkers are intended for infants learning to walk. However, they can also be used to keep your baby entertained for a short period of time.
The best way for your baby to spend their energy and practice their new skills is with a baby walker, and here we have compiled a list of best baby walker available right now.
Further reading: How to Teach Baby to Crawl
- Are Baby Walkers Safe?
- Types of Baby Walkers
- Top 10 Best Baby Walkers
- 1. Baby Trend 2.0 Activity Walker
- 2. Joovy Spoon Walker
- 3. Kolcraft Tiny Steps Too 2-in-1 Infant & Baby Activity Walker
- 4. Vtech Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker
- 5. Hape Wonder Walker Push and Pull Toddler Walking Toy
- 6. Delta Children First Exploration 2-in-1 Activity Walker
- 7. Baby Einstein Sky Explorers Walker with Wheels & Activity Center
- 8. Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Smart Stages
- 9. Delta Children Jeep Classic Wrangler 3-in-1 Grow with Me Walker
- 10. Bright Starts 3 Ways to Play Walker – Ford Mustang
- How to Choose the Best Baby Walker
There are many parents and professionals who claim that baby walkers are dangerous. However, like many other safety concerns regarding young babies such as babies sleeping in swings and dangers of playing in baby play pens, this is really only the case when your baby is unsupervised and allowed to sit in their walker for extended periods of time.
If you can keep a few key things in mind, you can use baby walkers safely. Keep your baby’s walker away from staircases. Always keep an eye on them while they are using it. Don’t rely purely on seated walkers to teach your baby to walk.
Not all baby walkers are created equal. There’s a variety of styles, brands, and sizes that consumers can choose from when purchasing their own baby walker. Consumers are urged to carefully weigh the material, the purpose they need it for, and how much they’re willing to pay when making their decision when buying this product.
In this best baby walker review, we will look at two main types of walkers for babies: sit to stand and seated activity walkers.
The latter may be what you think of first when you are picturing baby walkers. These sit in baby walkers are essentially half exersaucer, half walker built as a saucer surrounded by toys with a bucket seat in the middle. With these, there is no need for your baby to support themselves; the seat does the work for them.
The other type of walker – sit to stand or otherwise known as baby push toy walker – are toys that have buttons or other things to interact with while your baby is seated, and they also have a handle that allows your baby’s ability to push when they want to practice walking.
A push walker don’t support your baby and are better for teaching your little one to actually walk. They are also overall the safest baby walker to use.
These baby walkers are our top ten picks of the year:
The first best baby walker on our list is an activity walker from Baby Trend. This walker comes in seven different colors and designs, giving you quite a bit of variety to fit your personal taste.
There aren’t many toys included – only a single toy bar – but the bar is removable for easier cleaning. The tray is a very good size for snacking and play with other toys as well.
Another great feature of this walker is the fact that it can fold flat for easier transport and storage.
- Removable toy bar
- Large tray for toys and snacks
- Folds flat for storage
- Adjustable seat height
- Rubber brakes underneath
- Not many toys
- Seat cover is not machine washable
- Assembly is a bit difficult
- Toys are made with very hard plastic
- Removable toy bar with toys
- Large surround tray for food or toys
- Three-position height adjustable
Looking for a modern baby walker that has a sleek, stylish design without all the busyness that comes with other activity walkers? The Joovy Spoon may be just what you are looking for.
The design for this walker is pretty simple. There are no toys included, which may be a downside for some parents. However, the large tray is easy to clean with a dishwasher safe removable insert, and it gives plenty of space for your little one to play with their existing favorite toys.
It comes in four different colors, each with a removable seat pad that can be machine washed.
- Dishwasher safe tray insert
- Folds flat for storage
- Sleek design
- Non-skid stair pads
- Machine washable seat pad
- Oversized wheels allow for effortless maneuver on carpets
- Walker works with no toys included
- A little overpriced
- Rear wheels do not swivel
- Height settings are too low for some children
- TOUGH LUGGAGE-GRADE MATERIALS are used for the seat and the frame of the baby activity center is reinforced with steel to withstand every knock
- MACHINE WASHABLE means the Spoon Walker Activity Center is easy to clean, just take off the fabric seat and add with your wash load to clean big messes
- JPMA CERTIFIED and exceeds government safety standards for stair safety, this baby activity walker is also fitted with rubber stair pads to stop children from exploring uneven surfaces
This activity walker from Kolcraft is a great convertible walker option if you want something that will grow with your little one and help them actually learn how to walk.
They can start off sitting in the walker, playing with the fun toys and pulling themselves around just like they would with any other activity walker. Then, as they grow, they can use it as a push walker around the house by holding onto the handle in the back.
This best baby walker does come with a decent variety of attached toys for younger babies, and there are also toy loops that you can utilize to attach their favorites.
- Can be used two ways as child grows
- Variety of toys included
- Toys loops allow for additional attachments
- Skid-resistant friction pads
- Easy to clean tray and seat pad
- Doesn’t fold or collapse for storage
- Friction pads can interfere with smooth rolling
- Not as bulky/sturdy as previous model
- Included selections of push toy can be a bit boring for older babies
- 2-Stages to grow with child -- 2 stages that grow with child from infant to toddler - Stage 1: seated activity walker; stage 2: walk-behind walker.
- Developmental activities -- toys include upright flower mirror toy with crinkle petals and textured STEM, spinning toy for batting play and bead bar for motor skill development. Toy loops for attaching baby's favorite toys
- Height adjustable - height-adjustable seat grows with baby.
One of the top rated baby sit in walkers on the market is this Vtech Sit-to-Stand Walker. In fact, it is one of the most reviewed and purchased baby items on most retail sites. if you don’t plan on breaking a hole in your wallet buying a fancy walker.
This walker is great for all ages. They can start on the floor with the removable fun toy panel, pressing buttons, listening to music, and playing with the pretend phone. This play option is also popular with toddlers.
When your baby is ready to start walking, they can hold onto the handle and travel around the house. There is even a baby’s safety option that allows the wheels to lock in place to help your baby practice their balance.
- Great variety of colorful toys and activities
- Includes over 70 songs, music, and sound effects
- Sturdy wheels work well with optional brakes
- Removable play panel for floor play
- Hard floors and carpet baby walker with practical wheels
- Tips easily when baby pulls up on handle
- Activity pad may be a bit too overwhelming for some children
- Phone can get lost since it’s not attached
- Some movable pieces on the activity pad can be pulled off easily
- Interactive learning baby Walker has a removable play panel; frustration free packaging means it comes in a plain brown box
- Early learning center has 5 piano keys that play music and encourage creativity; wheels work on carpeted and hard floors
- Features 2 colorful spinning rollers, 3 shape sorters, and 3 light-up buttons that develop motor skills
This Hape sit to stand walker is a cute little retro toy wooden walker, with colorful wooden elements that remind you of your childhood.
The activities included on this best baby activity walker – moveable knobs, a list of baby gear selections, and balls – to help your child develop motor skills. This prevents overstimulation from the excessive lights and sounds found on most other push walkers.
You can also use this walker as a wagon or cart. So, your baby girl or boy can bring their favorite stuffed animal toys around the house with them.
- Rubber trimmed wheels protect hard floors
- Activities included promote motor and walking skills development
- Sustainable wood craftsmanship great for taller babies
- Can also be used as a push toy stroller wagon
- Non-toxic materials
- A bit expensive
- Does not steer or maneuver easily while baby pushes the product around
- Wheels scrape against the cart
- Not all parts are wooden despite claiming to be a wooden baby walker
- Moveable knobs, gears, and colorful balls offer five different activities
- Develops coordination and fine motor skills
- Carefully designed rubber-trimmed setback wheels will protect floors
Similar to the Kolcraft walker, this one from Delta Children is a great 2-in-1 activity walker design. Your little one can start by sitting in the walker when they aren’t quite ready to stand or walk on their own.
Once they are ready to stand and take a few assisted steps, they can use this walker to steady them and exercise their little legs.
Unlike the Kolcraft walker, this best baby walker does fold flat for easier storage. This is a great feature when you are looking to save space since most activity walkers are so bulky.
The toy tray is removable, clearing space for other toys or snacks. It can also be used separately from the rest of the walker, so you can easily use it for floor play or on the go.
- Can be used as a seated activity walker and push walker
- Folds flat for storage
- Toy tray is removable to create more space
- Machine washable seat cover
- Rubber stoppers make it difficult to roll on carpet
- Tray is difficult to remove
- Too tall for some children
- Doesn’t maneuver the best
- 2 IN 1 DESIGN: Transitions from an activity walker to a walk behind walker; RECOMMENDED USE: For children up to 25 pounds; less than 30 inch tall; only use walk behind feature when your child is able to walk on their own
- ULTRA COMPACT: walker folds flat for easy transport or storage; ACTIVITY TRAY: Entertain baby with fun developmental toys and music; Toy tray easily removes to provide clear space to eat (Toy tray requires two AA batteries, not included)
- MACHINE WASHABLE: Chair cover is removable and machine washable for easy clean up; ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT: Three position height adjustment offers the right height as Baby grows
Another cute walker is this Sky Explorers Walker from Baby Einstein. Its design is pretty simple, but it is a great deal for the price.
It does not collapse for easier and more compact storage. However, it does have a smaller frame than most other activity walkers on the market.
There are two additional link loops for toy attachment, so your little ones can always have their favorites nearby. The attached toy station is also removable for use on the go or for floor play time.
- Additional link loops for toys
- Removable toy station for floor play and travel
- 3 adjustable height positions
- More compact than other sit in walkers
- Very cute design
- Doesn’t have much clearance for movement on carpet
- Music is somewhat loud
- Wheels don’t maneuver well
- Doesn’t collapse for storage
- The sky’s the limit for baby’s first steps in the Baby Einstein Sky Explorers Baby Walker!
- Removable, electronic toy station features 2 ways to play: Walker & Floor Play. Toy station includes lights, melodies and fun sounds. 2 additional link loops for baby’s favorite toys.
- 3 adjustable height positions to grow with baby and walker folds for storage and travel. Ages 6-12 months, max weight 26 lbs for walker mode.
Similar to the sit to stand walker from Vtech, this interactive best baby walker from Fisher-Price is a great option for teaching your little one to walk.
The cute puppy design is sure to get their attention. The front panel is not removable like the one from Vtech, but the lights and activities on the front will keep your little one entertained for quite a while.
This walker does collapse so that your child can play while sitting on the floor without having to worry about it rolling away. It also has bilingual learning content, which is perfect for either Spanish-speaking families or those who simply want to expand their child’s language learning.
- Bilingual learning content
- Can be used sitting or walking
- Includes 7 hands-on activities on the front
- Collapses for easy storage
- Can be a fun lights walker for children up to 3 years old
- Tips easily if baby pulls up on it
- No way to brake or slow the wheels
- Wheels get stuck sometimes while rolling
- Moves too fast on hardwood floors if you often turn your baby loose in the house
- Musical infant walking toy with 2 ways to play as baby grows: sit & play or stand & walk!
- 3 Smart Stages levels with 75+ songs, sounds & phrases teach the alphabet, shapes, colors, numbers and Spanish words
- 7 hands-on activities including light-up piano keys and nose, roller, spinner, flip page and more
Another great activity baby walker from Delta Children is this cute Jeep Wrangler design. You have three different usage options with this one. Your little one can sit in it like a classic activity walker, or use it as a push walker to push from behind with the handle on the back, and use it as a rolling toy car completely collapsed.
In collapsed mode, you can not only store it easier in your home, your child can use it as a toy and roll it around. It also has built in storage.
The toy tray is removable, exposing a large snack tray that is easy to wipe clean. It also keeps the electronic components clean, free from spills and sticky messes.
- Can be used three ways
- Fun Jeep design
- Realistic horn sounds and light up turn signals
- Toy tray is removable for use on the go
- Large tray for snack time
- Doesn’t work well on carpet
- Not adjustable and tall for some children
- A bit over priced
- Wheels don’t have much traction on hardwood floors
- Recommended use: Up to 25 pounds; Less than 30 tall | Adjustable seat height allows the walker to grow with your child | 3-in-1 design converts from baby walker mode into push-behind mode and a rolling toy car mode with toy storage
- For die-hard jeep fans: This 3-in-1 activity walker resembles the classic wrangler with its seven-slot grille, round headlamps and flat fender flares
- Interactive features: Toy tray features steering wheel that turns left to right and makes realistic horn and engine sounds, turn signals light up (requires 2 AA batteries, not included), remove the toy tray to reveal a roomy snack tray
Very similar to the previous walker, this best baby walker from Bright Starts features a Ford Mustang design with three modes of play.
The seated walker function can be used both with and without the car attached. The push option takes out the bulkiest part of the push walker (the base) and allows the car to roll directly on the floor.
- Can be used three ways
- Cute Ford Mustang design in 4 colors
- Adjustable to 3 height positions
- Removable toy tray and play station
- Collapses for easier storage
- Moves a little too fast on hardwood floors
- A bit expensive compared to other push walkers
- Not much tray space
- Difficult to maneuver
- Four modes of play allow this lifelike Ford Mustang Walker to grow with baby
- Two can play at once with the normal walker mode and push-behind mode
- Safety enhanced with rubber feet that "brake"
You want to make sure to keep your child entertained while playing with their walker, so you will want to ensure that there is a good variety of baby toys and activities to keep them busy. These can include music and lights, bead chasers, mirrors, overhead hanging toys to bat at, and more, which can be:
You may also want to find the best baby walker that allows for the attachment of other toys. Some activity walkers have toy loops or even extra tray space for your little one to play with their favorite toys, ones they already have at home.
No one wants to fight difficult assembly on anything, whether it’s a piece of furniture or a toy for your child. Read through some reviews and see what other users have to say about the ease of assembly before you make your best baby walker purchase.
Here’s how you can assemble and dismantle the Vtech Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker in no time!
You will need to stow your baby walker away at some point, so you want to look at the overall size of it. Seated activity walkers are harder to store whereas a push walker (sit to stand walker) can easily fit into a closet.
Some activity walkers are collapsible, folding flat so they can be slid under a bed or crib. This can be a highly desired feature for parents who are looking to save space in their small home or apartment. Wooden baby walkers such as the Radio Flyer Classic Walker Wagon, on the other hand, tend to come off as being a little uncoordinated and difficult to store when not in use.
Some baby walkers have additional safety features built in to give you more peace of mind. These may include bumpers, rubber brakes that will stop the sit in walker when it comes to uneven ground, and may even allow the wheels to lock for stationary play. You may also want to consider the flooring you have at home – some walkers are good for hardwood floors while some are more suited for carpeted floors.
Activity walkers can get very messy. Having a place for your baby to sit in baby walkers and play also makes it a convenient place for snack time. You will want to find the best baby walker that has removable toys to make room to wipe the tray down and seat cover that can be thrown into the washing machine.
When it comes to the best baby walkers, it is hard to compare sit to stand walkers with activity walkers. However, if we had to pick one overall best walker, the Delta Children First Exploration 2-in-1 walker would be our choice.
It is not simple just a walker – you have the option to use it as both an activity toy walker and push walker, helping with baby walk rather than relying on the walker to carry them. With the removable toy tray, you can clear space for play time with other toys as well as snack time.
The fact that the push walker is collapsible is also a great feature. You can save space in your home and store it much easier this way. The affordable price is also a great plus. Overall, this is a great sit in walker choice for your little one.
Hope this list of best baby walker review helps. And if you enjoy reading this article, do share it to those who may find it useful too!
Last update on 2023-02-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API