I can remember when I had my first child as a new parent – I found myself struggling to find a comfortable place to put my baby while I was on the move.
The main problem I had was choosing between a bassinet stroller and a regular baby stroller, and I find a lot of new parents have the same problem!
So, I decided to show you my reviewed top picks for the best bassinet strollers.
Here’s an overview of my top bassinet stroller picks. Read on!
- What is a bassinet
- Why you need a bassinet stroller
- The types of Stroller bassinet Options
- Our Top Picks AT a Glance!
- Top 8 PICKS OF THE best bassinet strolles
- Top Things to Keep in Mind Of before buying a bassinet stroller
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is a bassinet
A baby bassinet is a tiny sized bed for your little bundle of joy to sleep in from when they are born to around the time you start weaning—4 to 6 months. Bassinets have varying weight capacities with each product, but you can expect one to accommodate a baby between 20 to 25 lbs comfortably.
Having your newborn baby sleep in a fully-flat position is the safest and best position.  And this is one of the perks you get with a bassinet since conventional strollers don’t let you adjust the bed to a full-flat recline.
Related: Bassinet VS Crib
Furthermore, bassinets can come with boot covers and canopies just to give your baby that extra warmth and protection from the weather. However, the million dollar question is: do you need one?
Why you need a bassinet stroller
A single stroller typically doesn’t allow for a fully-flat recline which means your little one won’t be as comfortable during long walkabouts.
Since babies haven’t fully developed the muscles in the back of their necks, they have a hard time keeping it straight which endangers them, especially when sleeping.
The problem with vertical or slightly elevated stroller beds is they may allow your baby to drop their head forward, tightly shutting their mouth. This may subsequently lead to him/her partially or fully blocking their airway which may silently choke your little one.
My advice to new mothers would be to invest in a car seat when you’re driving with your newborn and a stroller bassinet for when the baby is in the stroller.
I personally prefer using a bassinet or infant car seat to carry my little one instead of a regular seat until I felt they are old enough. For regular babywear to your local grocery store, a baby carrier, wrap, and sling all work just fine!
Further reading: Baby Carrier VS Wrap VS Sling
Enough said, now, let’s look at the different types of bassinet strollers on the market!
The types of Stroller bassinet Options
These are typically the most pocket-friendly type of strollers since they are made of lightweight materials, but they aren’t the best regarding durability. They also don’t work for babies who are above six months of age.
Having said that, they are great for moms who are always on the move and need a stroller they can quickly pack up for their travels.
Further reading: How Many Strollers Strollers Do I Need?
They are also compact so they can pretty much fit anywhere and even though they aren’t packed with features, they are excellent for new mothers and newborns.
These strollers are typically lightweight with a sturdy stroller frame and have a characteristic vintage look. It’s up there with the top-rated baby bassinet strollers since it will accommodate children of up to 3 years of age and up to 40lbs in baby weight.
They are not the cheapest bassinet strollers, but they sure are durable and stylish! Your baby will be able to lay flat on his/her back on the ride, and they’ll be able to sleep through long rides thanks to the comfort.
However, most of them lack front swivel wheels so it might be tough to make a turn.
Our Top Picks AT a Glance!
Top 8 PICKS OF THE best bassinet strolles
1. Cynebaby Convertible Bassinet Stroller
The Cynebaby Bassinet Stroller provides a perfect combination of style and comfort. The internal shock absorption springs in its 360 degrees free swiveling wheels provide extra protection for your baby and ensure a comfortable ride.
The stroller comes with a mesh storage bag for your diaper bag, safety belts, a seat cushion, and a safety handle, all of which are easily removable and convenient to have around.
With its convertible push direction feature, the baby can either face outwards or inwards towards the parent, whichever is more comfortable. The sitting height of the stroller is compatible with most dining tables, so the baby can have food on the table.
- Easy to fold
- 3 reclining positions make it comfortable for your baby to rest
- Rotating wheels help in the maneuver department
- Anti-rust aluminum alloy frame
- Not very durable in the long run
- Front wheels may be a little shaky
No products found.
2. Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System
A car seat and a stroller combo are perfect for a parent on the go. Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System features a modular frame with 6 modes while being lightweight. It provides parents with the flexibility of choosing whether the baby should face towards them or towards the outward view.
It ensures the child’s safety by featuring an anti-rebound bar designed to absorb crash forces. The extra features that this stroller has to offer are a child snack tray, bumper bar, an oversized storage basket, one-hand recline, and a peek-a-boo window.
It can also convert to carriage mode whenever the baby wants to lie flat or nap. It is the best bassinet stroller travel system that comes with both an infant car seat and a regular stroller seat.
- One-hand recline feature makes it easy to use
- Converts to carriage mode
- Includes a snack tray, bumper bar, and ample storage space for even a diaper bag and other baby gear
- Bassinet stroller features a peek-a-boo window
- Heavy – this bassinet stroller weighs 38.5 pounds
- Canopy is not high-quality
- FLEXIBLE INFANT TRAVEL SYSTEM: The Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System is a car seat and stroller combo featuring the SafeMax Rear-Facing Infant Car Seat and SafeZone Base with anti-rebound bar, infused with parent-and child-friendly accessories.
- VERSATILE and LIGHTWEIGHT: This car seat and stroller combo features a modular frame with 6 modes. The reversible mode permits your baby to face in or out, while the stroller coverts from an infant car seat frame to stroller seat or carriage mode with ease.Adult assembly required
- EASY INFANT CAR SEAT TRANSFER: This car seat and stroller combo has been designed with a stay-in-car base that allows for a quick and safe infant car seat connection from stroller to car and vice-versa.
3. UPPAbaby Vista V2 Stroller
Parents who are blessed with two kids will love the UPPAbaby Vista V2 Stroller. It is not just suitable for twins, but up to two to three babies of different ages.
It includes a bassinet for an infant, and a toddler car seat to meet the needs of your growing child. The stroller includes an option of adding up to two additional traveling seats – compatible with MESA infant car seat.
The bassinet is detachable, which makes it easy to clean and carry around. You can even get an additional bassinet stand for indoor use! The all-wheel suspension system makes it safe, as now the stroller can be safe on more than just smooth surfaces.
A UPPAbaby VISTA PiggyBack Ride-Along Board can be attached at the back of the vista for a grown child to stand on top of it. It acts as a stroller with bassinet and car seat, which has all-terrain wheels.
The safety harness system in the toddler stroller seat has a one-hand operation system. The rain cover canopy provides full protection from the sun.
- Flexible and compatible with MESA car seats
- Modifiable handle-bar
- 6 recline positions to ensure your child’s comfort
- Heavy and bulky
- Difficult to put together
- Enjoy a softer ride pushing one child (or three!) over any ground surface thanks to a new spring-action all-wheel suspension and slightly softer tires.
- Extended canopies on the toddler seat and RumbleSeat accessory include zip out fabric that provide even more shade from the sun. Mesh panels also make it easy to peek in while adding airflow.
- A higher back and deeper foot rest on the toddler seat provide added comfort for growing children
4. Graco Modes Pramette Stroller
Graco Modes Pramette Stroller is a stroller with bassinet that grows with your child. It works like 3 strollers in one, with an infant car seat, infant bassinet, and a toddler stroller to cater to your child in all of their phases.
Its adjustable stroller seat provides your baby the option to either face the parent or towards the outer view, whichever way is more comfortable.
A versatile bassinet stroller with car seat makes a perfect travel system, and this Graco bassinet stroller accepts all Graco infant car seats (as long as they secure to the car seat base, without needing an additional car seat adapter).
It has a storage basket, a baby food tray with a bottle holder, and a parent drinks holder. Its one-hand fold feature makes it easy for a parent to carry the baby in one hand and fold the stroller from the other.
- One-hand fold
- Can be used for an infant to toddler – switchable to toddler seat mode
- Has a lot of storage space
- 3 in 1 stroller: infant car seat, infant bassinet, and toddler stroller
- Doesn’t have a separate bassinet
- The fold isn’t self-standing
- 3 strollers in 1: Infant Car Seat Carrier, Infant Pramette, and Toddler Stroller to stroll from infant to toddler (infant car seat sold separately)
- Reversible stroller seat can face parent or the world, for just the right ride as baby grows
- Toddler seat converts to an infant pramette, for comfortable strolls with baby
5. INFANS 2-in-1 Convertible Stroller
The INFANS 2-in-1 Bassinet Stroller is one of the best baby strollers with bassinet when it comes to safety, with its 5 point safety belt and its shock-absorbing swiveling wheels, which absorb pressure.
The front wheels contain a 3D solid suspension system and rotate a full 360 degrees.
For additional safety, the INFANS stroller also has a one-touch brake, which is extremely convenient for the parent.
The basket can be set two ways, one facing out and one facing in. The stroller has a special one-hand fold, and the wheels can be adjusted to desired directions.
The sides of the pram are fit with shock absorption, to ensure extra safety. The hand trail can be taken off, making it easy for the parent to take the kid out.
- Height adjustable
- Comes with a storage basket
- All-terrain friendly
- Secure and safe sleep space
- Sun canopy does not properly cover the child
- Difficult to assemble
- ❤️Durable Wheels & 3D Solid Suspension Frame: With anti-shock design, each front wheel with two springs to absorb shocks and protect baby’s brain and body. By the 3D solid suspension frame, each sides of the pram are equipped with high-quality shock absorption springs, so that our pram can ride smoothly on all types of everyday terrain. The front wheels can 360°rotate or be locked in one direction. And one-touch parking brake can at the same time brakes the two rear wheels rapidly.
- ❤️2 in 1 High Landscape Convertible Stroller: This stroller is a special two in one design, which can meet different needs. The cradle of sleep can be adjusted to different positions. The sleeping basket stroller can be a high landscape stroller. Your baby can enjoy the scenery outside, and will not be polluted by automobile exhaust. The convertible stroller enables babies to face their parents to increase interaction and also let parents take care of the baby at any time.
- ❤️Adjustable Canopy & Backrest: The canopy with additional sun visors can well protect your baby from UV radiation. Adopt three section canopy designed, it can adjust freely according to different weather conditions, providing the best rest environment for baby. In addition, the backrest can also be adjusted by tighten the adjustable belt under the sleeping basket into sitting position, half reclining or sleeping mode to meet the different requirements of your baby.
6. Dream On Me Mia Moda
Being a parent isn’t just emotionally and physically challenging but also financially. The Dream on Me Mia Moda stroller is an affordable option for someone open to cheap bassinet strollers. This stroller comes with multiple position reclining features.
The seats are adjustable and padded, making them comfortable for your little one. To make movement easy, this stroller comes with a swivel front wheel. The 5 point harness with shoulder pads contributes to its safety.
This stroller comes with a front and rare suspension, an easy slide rain cover canopy, and link brake systems. It comes in multiple colors and has a reversible bassinet seat feature with a parent-facing and forward-facing option.
- Comes with carrycot
- One-hand fold
- Accessible storage basket
- Convertible handlebar
- Not compact enough when folded up
- Bulky and heavy
- Multi positions adjustable padded seat suitable for 6 month to 36 months. swivel front wheels for precise maneuverability. Padded seat has multi-position recline. Adjustable 5-point harness with shoulder pads.
- Link Brake system. Product weight 18 lbs. Capacity 50 lbs. ATMA Certificate, Recline allows your child to lie comfortably for naps or sit upright to take in the sights, offering the flexibility your busy toddler needs. FRONT & REAR SUSPENSION
- Independent shocks ensure your child has a smooth and comfortable ride whether traveling down winding paths or over bumpy pavement, Easy slide canopy is height-adjustable to accommodate growing children.
7. Baby Jogger City Select Stroller with Deluxe Pram
The Baby Jogger City Select Stroller is a jogger stroller ideal for a busy parent on the go, and it comes hand-in-hand with a deluxe pram. It can convert from a single to a double, or even a triple stroller in a mere few moments. This stroller can be used for an infant and a toddler.
The pram is easily attached to the stroller’s frame. A second bassinet seat can be added to make space for another kid. Another great addition would be a glider board (sold individually with other strollers) to make it suitable for three kids.
Some extra features that this stroller has to offer are a canopy with a sun visor, a footmuff with a wind guard, and a canopy vent.
- Collapsible pram
- Hand operating brakes
- All-terrain friendly
- Adjustable handlebar
- Costly considering that the Glider board and the second seat are purchased separately with other strollers
- Only compatible with the GO 2 car seat
- Easily, safely, and securely travel with baby by attaching your included Deluxe Pram to the City Select stroller. Pram holds infants up to 25 lb; stroller holds toddlers up to 45 lb
- With over 16 possible configurations, the City Select can be used front facing, parent facing, or sibling facing. Add a Second Seat to make it a double, and a Glider Board for a triple (Conversion Kits sold separately)
- Telescoping handlebar adjusts to your height and a hand-operated parking brake keeps all the controls within reach
8. BABY JOY Baby Stroller
The BABY JOY Baby Stroller is a great option for parents who are looking for an all-rounder stroller. It comes with an adjustable canopy with a peek-a-boo window. The five-point harness system and shock-proof wheels make the ride safe.
The backrest is adjustable and provides 3 reclining positions. It also comes with an adjustable stroller bassinet seat feature.
The frame is made of lightweight aluminum and iron pipe. Also, it is compact when folded up, making it convenient to stash it in your car.
Moreover, the large storage basket, the mug holder, and the warm footmuff add to the user-friendly design. The backrest and handle are adjustable, and the wheels are lockable to ensure the safety of your child.
- Foot-operated lockable wheels
- Adjustable backrest and 3 recline positions
- Large storage basket
- Setting up and securing the car seat base might be difficult
- Not comfortable on rough terrains
- 👶 FOOT COVER IS AVAILABLE - It can not only be considered as an ordinary stroller, but also a WARM removal BED for your baby! Equipped with a foot cover, which can prevent pitiless wind in winter to well protect your baby. When summer comes, you can remove the foot cover to keep your baby cool.
- 👶 Solid & Stable Construction - Constructed by durable but light weighted aluminum frame and wearable & breathable Oxford cover which can well-protect your babies from rains or harmful rays. This stroller features solidity and stability.
- 👶 Adjustable Backrest and Handle - You can adjust the back of this stroller to meet your baby's different requirements to lie, sit, or sleep. The comfortable seat with 5-point safety harness and tilt-adjustable sleeping cushion equipped for babies comfortable sleeping. Pushing handle have two-way conversions. You can choose to face your baby at your convenience.
Top Things to Keep in Mind Of before buying a bassinet stroller
Travel systems may be worth your investment.
Travel systems with bassinet strollers typically come in a package with other equipment used for different purposes. They normally come with a car seat and a bassinet stroller, but they can also be fitted with a single piece of equipment.
Because of the versatility these types of strollers provide, they are more expensive but will give you the best return on your investment.
Safety is your number one priority.
Nothing else matters, the safety of your child comes first. That’s why you need to go for a baby bassinet stroller that will keep your kiddo safe no matter the situation or circumstance.
You want to go for an extra wrist strap, a sturdy stroller frame, a comfortable baby cushion —they can make all the difference when it counts before you spend a fortune on a new bassinet stroller.
Assembly should be relatively easy.
Some baby bassinet strollers are shipped when disassembled which makes it hard to assemble them especially for non-DIYers or people who hate puzzles. Because of this, I would advise you to go for a unit that is already assembled if you hate puzzles.
Additionally, some bassinet strollers are relatively easy to assemble and disassemble and can be done by pretty much anyone within a few minutes without requiring prior training or knowledge.
I know most of us skip the instruction manual, but you might want to read it to avoid accidents or risky situations!
Maneuverability—it should handle corners gracefully.
You also have to consider the weight and size of your bassinet stroller. I would recommend you go for a lightweight stroller which is also strong enough to carry your sleeping baby for a long duration.
You should also check for swivel wheels since they help you gracefully tackle corners.
However, swivel wheels don’t work very well on rough surfaces and tend to turn in every possible direction.
On the other hand, fixed wheel strollers give you a smooth ride but taking corners or turning around might present a challenge, so you need to consider the terrain you will be using. 
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is a bassinet stroller really necessary?
Although there are mixed opinions on the necessity of a bassinet stroller, the concrete answer lies in the sort of lifestyle you will be adopting after you become a parent.
If you, along with your baby, will be out for longer periods of time, a bassinet will become a necessity, as a car seat only works fine for short trips.
A baby bassinet stroller will allow you to go on shopping trips, walks, and whatever else you desire, without having to worry about your baby’s sleeping schedule because now your child can sleep comfortably anywhere in a bassinet stroller.
Are bassinet strollers safe?
Yes, they are. Most bassinet strollers are even safe enough for your baby to sleep in an entire night, as they ensure that your little one is lying down in a proper straight position.
Also, since they keep your baby lying on their back, it also reduces the risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrom (SIDS). SIDS could occur in cases when your baby’s back is a bit curved and their head might end up leaning excessively forward. 
That said, not all stroller bassinets are made for overnight sleeping. Remember to check the manual and consult your pediatrician should you have any concern before you let your baby sleep overnight!
How long to use bassinet stroller?
A parent should know when to use bassinet stroller, and when to stop using bassinet stroller. Kids have different needs at different age points.
A bassinet should be used for a minimum of three months and a maximum of six months of age. After six months of age, you can remove the bassinet from the bassinet stroller and then start using it as a regular stroller.
Further reading: How Old is Too Old For A Stroller?
Which strollers are approved for sleeping overnight?
The stroller that we think is best for overnight sleeping is Baby Jogger City Select Stroller with Deluxe Pram.
The bassinet included has several features that will keep your baby cozy throughout the night and day. It has a footmuff to keep your kid warm, a sunshade for protection from the sun, and a canopy vent for easy ventilation.
Can the bassinet be used in a car?
What has to be understood is that a bassinet is like a small bed. It is meant for a kid’s sleep. It is not a substitute for a car seat.
It isn’t equipped with the safety features needed in a car seat. That is why parents should buy a stroller with a bassinet and car seat.
The UPPAbaby Vista V2 Stroller is our top pick thanks to its flexibility, durability, and convenience from the array of features offered – all of which makes it one of the best strollers with bassinet on the market.
If you are thinking of converting it into a baby travel systems, you can simply add your own separate bassinet and stroller attachments, and pair it with a MESA infant car seat. For indoor use, get a bassinet stand and you’ll be good to go!
What about you? Do you agree with my selection? Why and why not? Tell me about your favorite bassinet strollers too!
Feel free to drop a comment in the comment section down below! I’d love to know what other parents think too!
Last update on 2023-02-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API