Parents with more than babies will understand that baby strollers will end up being one of the biggest purchase that can make a big hole in the wallet.
Whether you’re trying to find the best stroller for your growing baby or if you’re looking for something that can carry both of your little ones, there’s bound to be a type of stroller for you.
The solution is simple – a convertible stroller!
These bad boys grow with your family so you’ll only need to research and buy once! Learn more about the best convertible strollers on the market and what I think about each one by reading through this definitive review guide.
- What is a Convertible Stroller?
- Types of Convertible Strollers
- Top Convertible Stroller Features Compared
- The 9 Best Convertible Strollers on the Market
- Tips on Finding the Right Convertible Strollers For Your Needs
- In Conclusion
What is a Convertible Stroller?
When it comes to the definition of convertible strollers, there’s a really big gray area. That is – no one really has a set definition as it can change from design to design.
Basically, a convertible stroller is a stroller that can either grow with your child to accommodate developmental changes or a stroller that you can adjust to turn into a single, double, or even triple stroller for families with more than one small child.
Types of Convertible Strollers
- Single to Multiple – Some parents who look for convertible strollers search for those that can go from accommodating one child to carrying up to even three. These strollers can often be fitted with extra car seats that are compatible with the design to increase the number of children it can hold at any given time.
- Infant to Toddler – This is the most sought after convertible stroller type because it’s often seen as the practical choice. Strollers that can grow with a child from infancy to toddlerhood and even into late childhood are investments for most parents because it eliminates the need to replace a stroller once a child has outgrown it. 
- Stroller to Bike – The most recent convertible strollers design allows parents to turn their pram into a tricycle to offer a little more fun for their toddler. When turned into a tricycle, the child is given the option to pedal by themselves. However, the parent will still be able to push the contraption around as if using a traditional stroller.
Top Convertible Stroller Features Compared
The 9 Best Convertible Strollers on the Market
#1 Nuna Demi Grow
The Nuna Demi Grow has a minimalist elegant design and is ideal if you are looking for a stroller that will serve you for the long-run. It can be configured in 23 modes while being used as a single, twin, or double stroller. Its maximum weight capacity is 50 pounds.
The Demi Grow has custom dual suspension to ensure smooth rides, and for your baby to be able to lull away as you push using one hand. The UPF50 canopy will keep them shielded from the sun and you can use the Dream drape to protect them from dust and environmental factors.
The best part I like about it is: the Dream drape that comes with the Nuna double stroller still allows good airflow and so your baby will not be deprived of fresh air.
- The ergonomic luxe leather push bar is adjustable to suit different heights
- The multiple configuration options make this the type of luxury stroller that grows with baby
- The sturdy suspension makes pushing this toddler stroller much easier even in challenging terrain
- It is easy to fold the stroller and secure it with the fold lock
- It comes with a ring adapter which makes it easy to transition to a travel system
- The numerous configurations take some time to learn
- The large storage basket can only be used in single-mode
MagneTech Secure Snap buckle that makes strapping your baby much easier.
- 23 modes make for clever compatibility in whichever way families may grow
- Crafted to convert from a single stroller to both a double or twin
- Ring adapter is included for an easy on/off one-click travel system
- Easy to fold, flip the seat, and switch to bassinet or travel system modes
- All-season seat changes with just a zip!
- Pairs perfectly with all PIPA series infant car seat options
#2 Baby Jogger City Select LUX Stroller
This Baby Jogger stroller is an ideal choice if you have an adventurous lifestyle. It is designed with safety provisions such as all-wheel suspension for better stability and a hand-brake for decelerating and parking.
Therefore, whether you are out back in the trails or on city pavements, this convertible baby stroller would be a great companion.
You can use this jogging stroller to carry multiple babies when you convert it from a single to twin stroller. It has over 20 configurations and they are all, notably, positioned such that the storage basket at the bottom remains accessible to you. The recommended maximum weight per seat is 45 pounds.
You can easily convert this one to its double mode. All you have to do is remove the car seat and add a second car seat in front of the main seat.
- It is reliable in all terrain
- Folding the stroller is super easy and it folds into a compact size that is easy to store your baby gear in a car trunk
- The telescopic handlebar is adjustable for different heights
- The peek-a-boo window allows you to easily check in on your baby as you steer
- At 34.9 pounds, this stroller is rather heavy compared to other similar baby jogger strollers
- You would have to buy essentials like stroller add on seat adapters and a weather shield separately as they do not come with the stroller
The automatic lock system makes it easy to fold and carry.
- Converts from a single to a double stroller; most riding options of any single to double stroller; 25% more riding options than City Select, with the bench seat accessory
- Seats can be front facing, parent facing, or sibiling facing; folding stroller, including auto lock, folds 30% smaller than City Select; hand-operated decelerating & parking brake, all in one control
- All terrain stroller features all-wheel suspension and locking front swivel wheels for control; telescoping handlebar adjusts to users of different heights; extended UV50 plus canopy with peek-a-boo window keeps baby shaded
#3 Bugaboo Donkey 3
The Bugaboo Donkey 3 is an all-terrain stroller designed to offer parents great transitional value. You can start using it as a single passenger stroller and convert it to a double side-by-side stroller if you have another child. It is recommended from birth and has a weight limit of 48.5 pounds per car seat.
Bugaboo has built this luxury stroller to steer quite smoothly with minimal effort on your part. The storage provisions are equally outstanding. Don’t be fooled by the model’s great capacity – parents can effortlessly push this one with just one hand!
In single mode, you would have side storage and a large bottom section storage basket. In the double passenger mode, you will only be able to use the under-seat large basket.
To sum up in one sentence – you’ll get access to ample storage space!
- It takes only 3 clicks to convert to a different mode and other Bugaboo travel systems
- All the seat fabrics are machine-washable
- The push handle is ergonomic and adjustable for different heights
- The 4 wheels offer ride stability and glide well in all terrain
- Accommodates two infant car seats or two bassinets
- It requires some time, skill, and attention to assemble all the parts of this luxury stroller
- The upper seat is comparatively small and can be outgrown fast
The Bugaboo Donkey 3 luxury convertible double stroller comes with a base bassinet fabric and a bassinet apron that you can use if your baby needs to nap. This setup is also safe for overnight sleeping.
Bugaboo Donkey 3
- Made with fire retardant free and naturally flame resistant Go from Mono to Duo mode or the other way around in only three clicks when you pair it with the duo extension set, so your kids can experience the world side-by-side with the same amount of comfort on every stroll.
- The large puncture-proof wheels make sure that every walk is a smooth walk in the park.
#4 UPPABABY Vista V2 Stroller
The UPPABABY Vista V2 is designed with lots of features to make parenting a little easier for you. It converts from single to stroller mode with ease and can be expanded to ferry up to 3 children.
In the infant stage, you can start with an UPPA bassinet then later transition to the MESA infant car seat, and finally a rumble seat for toddlers. Its simple standing fold makes it easy for parents to assemble and put away when needed – with or without car seat attached! How cool is that?
The UPPABABY Vista V2 stroller frame is made of aluminum which makes it strong but relatively lightweight. This, coupled with its shock-absorbing suspension in both front and rear wheels, makes it easy to steer even with multiple passengers on board.
On comfort, the UPPABABY Vista V2 stroller offers a zip-out UPF50+ canopy, rain and bassinet bug shields, and proper ventilation for those hot summer months.
- You can transition through different stages of parenting with this stroller and still manage children of different ages
- The stroller comes with a bassinet and a full-size children seat
- It has a no-rethread harness with sliding shoulder adjustment which makes strapping your baby in quick and easy
- Infant and toddler seats can recline for comfort
- Versatile stroller that can accommodate two bassinets or two car seats
- There is no handle or strap to lift the stroller when folded
- The assembly can be tasking even with a manual provided
The expandability of the UPPABABY Vista V2 and the one-step folding mechanism is impressive – built to accommodate up to three kids.
- Enjoy a softer ride pushing one child (or three!) over any ground surface thanks to a new spring-action all-wheel suspension and slightly softer tires.
- Extended canopies on the toddler seat and RumbleSeat accessory include zip out fabric that provide even more shade from the sun. Mesh panels also make it easy to peek in while adding airflow.
- A higher back and deeper foot rest on the toddler seat provide added comfort for growing children
#5 Britax B-Ready G3 Stroller
The Britax B-Ready G3 stroller is recommended for use from birth until your baby weighs 55 pounds. It offers 12 different configurations to accommodate a variety of transport needs including carrying another child.
The main seat can be paired with a Britax add-on car seat or infant bassinet. The Britax Click and go system makes it fast and painless to switch between travel systems.
For comfort, this Britax double stroller allows you to recline your babies’ stroller seats in 4 different positions while the extra-large canopy protects them from the sun. Common in Britax strollers, your comfort is also catered to as the push bar is ergonomic and adjustable.
- Its foam-filled tires are more resilient and require less maintenance than air-filled ones
- The parking brake has red/green indicators that make it easy to confirm if you have locked the wheels
- The stroller is compatible with most major car seat brands if paired using an adapter
- Accepts two infant car seats with adapters
- The large storage basket provides ample storage space and is easy to access
- Parents say it is a heavy stroller
- It is not an all-terrain stroller
It has a one-step fold mechanism and an automatic lock to keep it shut.
- Versatile design, no flat rubber tires, and double seating with the same mobility as a single stroller
- Quick fold with 1 or 2 seats attached; 12 seating options when paired with the B Ready Bassinet, Britax Infant Car Seats, or B Ready Second Seat (all sold separately)
- Travel system ready: Compatible with all Britax and BOB infant car seats
#6 Graco Uno2Duo Stroller
The Graco Uno2Duo is among the many Graco strollers that offers significant transitional value. Recommended from birth to 50 pounds, you can use it for one baby and also configure for two kids as your family grows.
It has 11 different seating options for both single and double travel system modes.
Planning a trip to Disneyland? The Graco Uno2Duo is compact enough to meet Disney requirements as a stroller for Disney. It also has adequate storage for both you and your babies’ essentials, plus a baby snack tray and cup holder for on-the-go feeds.
The stroller seats are one hand reclinable and the upper one can be set to front or rear facing whenever necessary.
- It comes with two toddler seats and a rider board for a third or older child
- It provides multiple storage options including some for the parent which is a rarity
- It has in-built car seat adapters for attaching the second seater following the primary seat
- The steering features are user-friendly; height adjustable push handle while the parking brake is easy to reach and activate
- Vast different seating options help meet the needs of a growing family
- The position of the second car seat denies the baby a proper view of their surrounding
- Steering the Graco Uno2Duo off-road takes more effort; it is best suited for smooth roads and paths
- Plastic wheels won’t do well on rougher terrains
Its compact features make it suitable for travel.
- The UNO2DUO stroller starts as a single stroller and expands to a double stroller as your family grows
- Simply extend the stroller 5" with one easy step when your family grows from 1 to 2 children
- This versatile double stroller grows with your family for years with 11 ways to ride with one or two children
#7 Evenflo Pivot Xpand Modular Travel System
With about 22 different seating configurations, the Evenflo Pivot Xpand Modular Travel System is undoubtedly one of the most versatile convertible strollers in the market. It is suitable for children from birth until they weigh 35 pounds.
The double travel system stroller frame can accommodate two infant car seats which all can be reclined in 3 positions. The footrests can also be adjusted in 5 different positions. The canopy is large and offers great shade from direct sun rays.
The stroller seats are also so well-positioned (front and rear facing) that both babies have enough room and views of their surroundings.
Last but not least, the Evenflo double stroller upper stroller seat can also be configured to rear facing so you can see and interact with your little one!
- Folding this stroller is easy and results in a compact structure that stands on its own without taking up much space.
- There is ample storage even with two stroller seats
- The stroller comes with an infant car seat and a toddler car seat
- The assembly process is simple
- Attaching the infant stroller seat requires some trial and error because it does not click into place very easily
- The toddler seat has limited room
You can request customer support at any time via the support platform for Evenflo strollers.
- Single To Double : Stroller grows from single to double with no tools or extra parts needed. Easy slide and lock system expands frame in seconds to accommodate a second toddler or infant seat
- Up To 22 Conﬁgurations : The unique design accommodates one or two riders. Infants and children can sit at various heights, upright or reclined, in both parent-facing and forward-facing modes
- Modular Design: Infant car seat sits directly on the frame, and the toddler seat easily converts to infant mode, cradling baby at a comfortable angle
#8 Cybex Gazelle S Stroller
The Cybex Gazelle S is recommended for city living. It has over 22 configurations that make it easy to find riding positions that suit your little ones. It can be paired with a Cybex cot, two infant car seats, and toddler seat. The recommended maximum weight is 50 pounds per stroller seat.
At 25.2 pounds, the Cybex Gazelle S is a lightweight stroller that is easy to steer and folds into a very compact shape. It has a unique stroller storage basket near the push bar but it is only available in single stroller mode. If you advance to other configurations, you would have to make do with the bottom storage basket.
I especially love how the seat that comes with this model can be adjusted to the lower position to allow the use of an extra car seat or bassinet!
- It is a lightweight stroller that most parents can handle with easy
- It offers numerous configurations which provide more options for you to find a suitable position for both your younger and older child
- You will have plenty of space
- It is possible to further customize your Cybex stroller with baby gears like a feeding tray or a parasol for shade
- You have to rethread the harness every time you use the stroller
- The seat fabric on the stroller could be better
The shopping basket comes in handy in single stroller mode. You can easily shop and carry the goods without disrupting the little one if they are asleep.
- Big City Shopper: The Gazelle S Stroller features a detachable Shopping Basket, along with a huge stroller basket for a combined capacity of 50 lbs. Visit the weekly market or city center with ease, with plenty of room for all your kids’ essentials.
- 20+ Configurations: This stroller grows with your family, supporting over 20 configurations of seats, cots, or any CYBEX infant car seats. It’s ergonomic near-flat position makes it perfect for naps on the go or adjust for a front-facing ride.
- Compact Fold: Featuring a four-wheel design for easy strolling and clean turns, the Gazelle S is a breeze to navigate when you’re out on the town and is compatible with CYBEX car seats. A compact fold allows for easy storage in most trunks.
#9 Baby Jogger City Mini GT2 All-Terrain Stroller
The Baby Jogger City Mini G2 stands out among jogging strollers due to its compact build. It is an affordable convertible option suitable for use from birth to 65 pounds which is notably the highest weight limit on this list.
The convertibility of this stroller is limited to the type of seat that you use. It can be paired with an infant seat, a toddler seat, a pram, and a glider board for older child. You can only use one seat at a time but you can always add the ride-along board and bring along an older child.
One more thing about it is that you can fold it with one hand under few seconds! Parents who are always on the go will love the one-handed folding mechanism – easy peasy!
- The stroller folds into a compact shape with ease
- The handbrake is conveniently located and makes it easy to stop or start moving
- The UPF50+ canopy provides generous shade and has a peek-a-boo window for quick check-ins
- The seat is reclinable and surrounded by well-ventilated fabrics to ensure your child is comfortable at all times
- Affordable convertible stroller that provides great value for money
- If you have more than one child, you will likely need another stroller to accommodate both kids
- The positions of the stroller seats are all reclined to a certain degree which could make it tricky to feed your baby on-the-go
It is one of the best 3-wheeled doubles for all-terrain that delivers the safety required when jogging with a baby. the attachable glider board is a fun toy for older kids too!
- Forever air rubber tires with all-wheel suspension provide a comfortable stroll on any terrain
- Adjustable handlebar and hand-operated parking brake provide comfortable steering and control, all within arm's reach
- Customize your ride for 4 different modes of use with accessories like the infant car seat, pram, glider board, parent console, child tray, and more (sold separately)
Tips on Finding the Right Convertible Strollers For Your Needs
With so many options to choose from, choosing the right stroller for your needs can feel like an uphill task. So, let us discuss some major considerations that could help you find the right stroller for your family.
The Size of Your Family
The number of children you have or intend to have will determine what kind of convertible strollers would be ideal for you.
Single strollers that convert to double are ideal for growing families while a single-seat stroller would be more appropriate if you are and are likely to remain a single-child household. Consider also if the stroller you’re eyeing accepts popular infant car seats of just brand-specific seats!
Just like a car, a stroller requires regular maintenance to serve you for longer.  This would include tire checks and cleaning. Foam-filled tires are becoming highly popular as they are resilient and hardly ever suffer deflation incidents, unlike air-filled ones.
A stroller with machine-wash fabric components would also be much more convenient for you.
Great stroller features often tend to come with a hefty budget. However, all the bells and whistles are not always worth it. Simply go for a stroller that is within your budget and meets your fundamental needs.
Comfort and Safety Features
An uncomfortable stroller can make your baby fussy and also make it difficult to achieve what you set out to do. Aim for an adjustable canopy, well-padded strollers, reclining seat options, at least one parent cup holder, multiple storage options and safety features such as well-fitting harnesses and proper ventilation provisions.
Brakes and wheel types also come into play as you maneuver your stroller. They offer the much needed convenience plus safety that you’ll want for your baby. 
Do you enjoy walks in the park? A morning jog perhaps? The answers to this question will tell you exactly what type of stroller would be best.
For instance, if you enjoy exercise runs with your babies in toe, consider a jogging or double jogging stroller, or even triple baby jogger. On the other hand, if you mostly only step out for errands and other smooth terrain venues, a standard stroller would suffice.
Aim for an easily accessible and responsive braking system. More so if you have chosen a jogger stroller. When browsing for popular convertible strollers, don’t forget to consider other steering features too such as reliable front wheel suspension that keeps your baby comfortable even on bumpy roads.
You might also want to look for products with front wheels that can be locked into place for running or unlocked into a swivel position for everyday use.
All-terrain wheels that can be typically found in 3 wheel strollers and all-terrain strollers are equally a plus because they make it easy to steer no matter your surroundings – for a hassle-free smooth ride! Ultimately, the front wheel is a big factor that can affect how easy it is to steer your stroller!
Strollers make getting around with your children much easier and faster. If you are a fitness junkie, they also offer you lots of freedom to bring your little ones along on your adventures.
The Nuna Demi Grow takes first place in this list because it is high-performing, grows with your family, and is lightweight enough to maneuver. It can be considered one of the lightest convertible strollers on the market that is worth investing in if you would like a dependable long-term solution. This could be the only stroller you need!
I hope you now find it much easier to find a stroller that matches your needs. As always, I would also love to hear about your stroller choices and how they have helped you parent better. Do chime in in the comments section.
Last update on 2023-06-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API