Are you on the hunt for the best crib bumpers?
Well, the goddess of fortune must be on your side! Here, I’ve got just the list for you!
Here is a rundown of the eight quality bumpers for cribs on the market that will protect your precious baby from kicks and knocks at all ages!
In this post, let’s discuss crib bumper pads for newborns and toddlers, and talk about the difference in models such as the mesh crib bumper and braided bumper.
Hopefully, by the end of the article, you’ll have an idea of what kind of crib padding and crib bumper you need!
You may be interested in: Best Cribs for Short Moms
- Best Crib Bumper Pads: Quick Comparison
- 8 Best Crib Bumpers Reviewed!
- #1 BreathableBaby Classic Patented – Best Overall
- #2 AirflowBaby Essential Mesh Crib Liner – Best Budget
- #3 Disney Secure-Me Crib Liner – Best For Cribs With Changing Table
- #4 Shinnwa Toddler Bed Rail Bumpers – Best for Toddlers
- #5 Juju And Jake Braided Crib Bumper – Best Braided
- #6 Summer Infant Soft & Secure Bedrail Bumper – Best for Travel
- #7 Tebery 2 Pack Toddler Bed Bumper – Best Waterproof
- #8 Little Love by NoJo Secure-Me Crib Liner – Easiest to Install
The BreathableBaby Classic Patented bumper guard for crib is compatible with standard four-slatted or solid back cribs.
This breathable crib bumper doesn’t restrict airflow. At the same time, it is also different from most padded crib bumpers because of the transparent design. That way, you can monitor the baby in the crib and ensure its safety at all times.
The installation instructions are simple. The crib side bumper pads cling to the side rails without leaving extra space. Therefore, your baby will not lose toys or pacifiers between slats and crib bumpers. The product is also available as a mini crib bumper.
BreathableBaby Classic Patented is made from one layer of classic polyester mesh. It is about a 3 mm thick crib bumper and features a classic design in pure white.
What this means is that you can combine it with whatever crib bedding you’ve got! I like Ely’s & Co waterproof crib sheet because I don’t have to use a mattress cover with it.
- Easy to combine with all sheet designs
- Crib bumper pads fit for standard size crib
- Transparent sides allow you to monitor the baby
- Mini crib version is available
- It would be ideal if the ties were longer
- Version for crib with a changing table is unavailable
If you are looking for a simple baby bedding bumper and you don’t want to spend too much money on it, why not check out the AirflowBaby Essential Mesh Crib Liner?
These baby safe crib bumpers are only 2 mm thick and super easy to set. However, you need to tie the bumper pads in crib tight to prevent them from sliding down.
You can purchase a standard 9 inches version or high crib bumpers that are two inches higher.
The AirflowBaby best crib liner fits standard cribs with four slats or a solid back.
You can choose between white and gray to match the nursery decor. It is most suitable for newborns and babies up to 12 months. Older babies will easily remove liner because it is relatively lightweight and thin.
- Low-cost breathable bumper pads
- Easy to install
- Available in two sizes and two colors
- Bumper pads are thin and lightweight
- More Velcro would be better for a tighter fit
- Only suitable for babies younger than one year
- #1 BRAND INDEPENDENTLY TESTED FOR SAFETY: From BreathableBaby, the original, patented breathable mesh liner with millions sold since 2002. Designed for crib styles sold in the North American marketplace and tested by a third party CPSC-accepted accredited lab to meet or exceed ASTM F1917 Standard Consumer Safety Performance Specification for Infant Bedding and Related Accessories. Never use a mesh liner that is not compliant with ASTM F1917. Non-compliant products may present safety hazards.
- HELPS PREVENT ENTRAPMENT: Unlike padded bumpers, our mesh liners keep little limbs safely inside without the risk of restricted airflow. And, also provide a visual shield to help provide a more peaceful night’s sleep. Not to mention, they keep pacifiers inside and within reach!
- ESSENTIAL AIRFLOW MESH WITH MICROFIBER TRIM: Constructed from a single-layer of Airflow Mesh (2 mm thick) for basic function. Light blocking rating of >60%. Made of 100% polyester mesh exclusive of decoration. 0.75”H (1.9 cm) microfiber trim along top and bottom edges. Attaches with ties as well as hook and loop for extra security. Contains no harmful chemicals, flame retardants or formaldehyde.
Cribs with changing tables are impressive, but you may struggle to find the best crib bumper for them.
The Disney Secure-Me Crib Liner has four elements. However, if the changing table is attached to your crib, you’ll only need three to keep your kid safe and sound!
It will fit like a dream for most standard and convertible cribs.
The baby crib liner is also easy to install and is made from polyester microfiber. If the liners get dirty, you can use non-chlorine bleach to clean the stains.
With this Disney product, you don’t have to worry about crib bumper safety. Liners are flexible, breathable, and semi-transparent. On top of everything, the design is cute!
I personally loved matching it with the Disney Fitted Crib sheets with Pooh bear characters!
- Flexible bumper pads
- One of the many bumper pads for cribsthatprovide optimal airflow
- Attractive design
- Fits most cribs
- Non machine-washablee
No products found.
Shinnwa Toddler Bed Rail Bumpers aren’t traditional craddle bumpers. These bumpers are suitable for toddler beds and all larger bed sizes, including twin, king, and queen.
The construction is durable and made from memory foam so you don’t have to worry about your kiddo getting uncomfortable.
Related: Baby Fussing When Breastfeeding
The installation is pretty straightforward. The bumpers go on the mattress underneath crib bedding.
You’ll get a crib bumper pillow for each side of the bed. Next, the bumpers feature non-slip-bottoms, which stay in place once you put the fitted sheet on top.
The Shinnwa bumpers are also simple to clean because they come with a removable cover. They are great options if you need to transition the baby to a larger bed.
- Simple installation
- The bumpers are made without harmful chemicals
- Easy to clean
- Non-slip bottom
- The bumpers can be used with various bed types and sizes
- You’ll need larger than regular sheets to cover the bumpers on the mattress
- Not strictly a crib bumper – better to use on beds of different sizes
- 【Comfortable & User-Friendly】Compared to traditional cage-style rails, the memory foam bed bumpers for toddlers provide gentle touch as a subconscious signal to remind your toddlers that they are about to fall off the bed and should move back. They are the faithful guardians of your baby's sleep.
- 【Skin-Friendly & Memory Foam】The cover of the bumpers for kids bed is airy and skin-friendly, with a layer of gel particles at the bottom for non-slip, machine washable. High-density memory foam provides a soft touch to kids while also being firm enough to prevent them from falling off the bed.
- 【Easy Installation】The foam bed rail can be installed in three simple steps. First, open the vacuum package to allow the foam to rebound to its original shape. Second, place it on the mattress. Third, cover the fitted sheet.
Braided crib bumpers are known to be decorative and easy to install.
The Juju and Jake Braided Crib Bumper is designed to protect the baby from accidental bruises and knocks against crib slats. It is a versatile custom-made product.
The manufacturer offers different sizes and even specialized bumpers for unusually shaped cribs, such as the Stokke Oval Mini Crib.
The maintenance is simple if you purchase a solid-color bumper. You can wash it on a gentle cycle in the machine. That said, do note that mixed colors require spot cleaning and hand washing.
Juju and Jake bumper is made from cotton with hypoallergenic filling and comes with 12 ties for a better fit. It is also made from soft material and is a good choice for babies with sensitive skin.
- The manufacturer sends additional ties free of charge
- Attractive design
- Some models are machine-washable
- Soft and comfortable
- Easy to install
- Many color options and sizes are available
- Not very breathable
- The bumper needs plenty of time to air-dry
If you are planning a trip with your toddler, and your hotel doesn’t offer a kid’s bed, you can get yourself the Summer Infant Soft & Secure Bedrail Bumper. It is suitable for kids from two to six years of age and can be used for all bed sizes and platform beds.
These crib bedding bumpers are easy to pack and lightweight. You install it easily by placing it on the mattress directly under the crib bedding.
The Summer Infant bumper has a removable cover that you can wash in the machine and tumble dry on low heat. Therefore, kids with sensitive skin or skin conditions can too, use it.
In addition, the bottom is non-slip so the bumper will remain in place during the entire night.
- Quick installation
- Simple maintenance
- A practical solution for small kids and large beds
- Great for transitioning to a toddler bed
- Not waterproof
- Bumper expands to 43 inches long, 7 inches wide, and 5.5 inches tall
- Easily installs under fitted sheet; lightweight and portable, making it perfect for travel
- SlipStop panel keeps the bumper in place throughout the night
The Tebery bed bumpers feature waterproof construction with a non-slip bottom.
The set includes two rails which you can place on the sides of the bed to prevent your baby from accidentally rolling down the floor. It is a safe option for toddlers and older babies.
Because the back of the bumpers is silicone-beaded, they will stay in place securely underneath the fitted sheet.
- Bumpers don’t slip from the bed
- Easy to set up
- High-density foam is soft and comfortable
- Somewhat bulky
- It would be better if the zippers were of better quality
- Cover: 100% waterproof polyester +non-slip bottom ; filling:100% Polyurethane（22D).
- Bedrails are hypoallergenic, non-toxic, PHTHALATE & BPA Free. Safer and More Comfortable for Your Sleeping Child
- High-density memory foam provides a soft touch to kids while also firm enough to prevent them from falling off the bed. Waterproof and washable cover with silicone beaded non-skid fabric stays firmly in place.
Little Love by NoJo Secure-Me Crib Liner has two long and two short panels. If you are not an expert in knowing how to put on a crib bumper, these bumpers might just be the perfect choice.
The panels are flexible – you can install them on most cribs with integral ties.
Each panel comes with strong ties so you can easily tie them on the crib slats to prevent them from gliding.
Call me biased, but I adore the design of this particular product! The lower part of the panel is a breathable mesh made from polyester, and the upper side is decorative with a mix of cotton and polyester. You can choose between three style options.
- The ties are strong and durable
- Flexible liners
- Breathable fabric keeps the baby cool during summer
- Limited color pallet, only blue and gray options available
- Slightly pricier than other similar models
- Crib liner includes 2 long and 2 short side segments
- Flexible design fits most standard and convertible cribs
- Printed fabric: 55% cotton 45% polyester. Woven mesh: 100% polyester
Mesh crib bumpers are designed to prevent the baby from knocking on the crib sides with the head or sticking a finger between rails. Mesh bumpers are usually breathable and transparent.
They offer protection and don’t possess as high a suffocation risk as padded bumpers.
There aren’t strict recommendations about how long you should keep bumpers in the crib.
However, when you notice that bumpers fall easily or when the baby can knock crib bedding bumpers down with their arms and legs, it might be time to get them replaced or switch to a more secure option.
Crib bumpers aren’t part of the expert’s recommendations for a safe sleeping environment for babies. 
However, they are still part of your typical baby gear. Some even argue that crib bumpers contribute to the risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) and should be considered a baby safety hazard.
If you are worried about how to protect baby from hitting head in crib, you may consider looking into using alternatives such as sleepsack and thinner liners.
Experts commonly advise against the use of any DIY crib bumper.
There is no national ban on selling crib bumpers. However, there is an initiative to ban padded bumpers in the USA.  Only a couple of states, such as Maryland and Ohio, have strict regulations against selling crib bumpers.
In all other parts of the country, selling crib bumpers is legal. It is on parents to decide whether or not they will use it.
The alternative to traditional crib bumpers are liners with mesh design. They are lighter, thinner, and transparent – parents can see and monitor the baby all the time.
A sleepsack is another potential alternative to crib bumpers. These products will prevent the baby from getting the arms and legs stuck between crib rails.
A top crib bumper or rail cover attaches to the top of the crib and can help the baby in the teething phase by preventing the baby from chewing on the railing from above.
These crib top bumpers are also easy to install and don’t restrict airflow. They are one of the most common crib bumper alternatives.
The final alternative for crib bumpers for newborns is to simply keep the baby swaddled during the night, so little arms and legs won’t get stuck!
Related: How to Swaddle A Baby?
BreathableBaby Classic Patented is my top pick among so many other options available on the market! It is the best breathable crib bumper you can find nowadays! I like the straightforward design, installation, and versatility.
Similar to the Breathable liner, but with a lower price tag is the AirflowBaby Essential Mesh Crib Liner. It is slightly thinner, but also breathable and lightweight. Both picks are compatible with four-slatted and solid back cribs.
Fellow mothers, let’s wrap this up with some best sleep practices for baby sleeping:
- Room sharing with babies younger than one year of age is recommended
- Experts advise against bed-sharing with babies
- Padded crib bumpers are considered unsafe
- Babies should sleep in the dark
- Babies should sleep on their backs until they reach one year
- No toys, pillows, and stuffed animals should be in the baby’s crib
- The sleeping surface for the baby should be flat and firm
- The baby should have a dedicated sleeping place, a bassinet or a crib
Do you have questions about baby safe sleep environment or baby’s crib bumpers? Do not hesitate to comment below if you have any! I hope I helped you pick your bumpers or alternative!
Last update on 2023-06-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API