Are you a petite mom, who has been struggling to find a low profile crib to use comfortably? To relieve the struggle, here is a list of our compiled best cribs for short moms!
I think we all already understand this, but if you use a low-profile baby crib at a comfortable height when you bend to reach the baby, you can minimize back pain and make the movement effortless!
Before I move on to the cribs and more information about short cribs, let’s first establish that cribs for short moms are 36 inches tall or shorter!
Keep reading to find my recommendations below! The cribs from this list have all the great properties of the best baby cribs ever and are suitable for short parents!
- Quick Comparison
- 9 Best Cribs For Short Moms
- #1 Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 Convertible Crib – Best Overall
- #2 Davinci Union 4-in-1 Convertible Crib – Best Budget
- #3 Stokke Sleepi Mini Crib – Best Mobile
- #4 Dream On Me Aden 4-in-1 Convertible Mini Crib – Best Convertible
- #5 Babyletto Origami Mini Portable Crib – Best For Small Space
- #6 Storkcraft Hillcrest Convertible Crib
- #7 Babyletto Modo 3-in-1 Convertible Crib
- #8 Delta Children Emery 4-in-1 Convertible Baby Crib
- #9 Delta Children Bentley S Series 4-in-1 Convertible Baby Crib
- Things To Consider When Buying A Crib
If you are in a rush, take a glance at our 5 top picks – summarized!
Conversely, if you do have a few minutes to spare, keep reading for some detailed and unbiased crib reviews for short moms!
Baby gear manufacturers realized that like babies, parents too, are not all the same size – which is why there is a lot to choose from!
Check the following list to find the exact crib which will be perfect for both you and your baby!
Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 Convertible Crib is the top pick for a list of reasons, including design, dimensions, versatility, adjustable height, and options to use it as a toddler bed.
The Babyletto Hudson crib is 35 inches tall, which means you can comfortably bend and get the baby out of the crib with no awkward and uncomfortable positions.
I like the construction material – New Zealand pine wood is sturdy, isn’t treated with toxic paint and finish, and comes from renewable sources.
If the aesthetic is important to you, the Hudson model is worth your attention. The design doesn’t include visibly protruding bolts and nuts, so the baby crib looks elegant and blends into all rooms.
If you want to share a bedroom with your baby, Hudson will fit perfectly because of its style and size!
- Stylish design
- The crib meets all international safety standards
- Toddler bed conversion kit included in the price
- Comfortable height for short parents
- Four mattress positions
- The warning stickers are difficult to remove
- The wood where the mattress lays isn’t smooth
- Minor imperfections are visible on the darker-colored models
- VERSATILE MODERN DESIGN: The best-selling Hudson's iconic turned-out foot, rounded spindle design, and open silhouette make it a versatile choice for the modern nursery. Complete your nursery with the Hudson 3-drawer or 6-drawer dresser.
- GREENGUARD GOLD CERTIFIED: The Hudson has undergone rigorous scientific testing for over 10,000 chemical emissions and VOCs. It contributes to cleaner indoor air, creating a healthier environment for your baby to sleep, play, and grow.
- 3-IN-1 CONVERTABILITY AND ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT: The Hudson transitions from crib to toddler bed and daybed, with an included toddler bed conversion kit. The low profile design and 4 adjustable mattress positions make it easy to put a newborn to rest.
Davinci Union 4-in-1 Convertible Crib has plenty of features that make it a great crib for short parents! I also love how it is a budget-friendly crib with an option for an upgrade to a toddler bed or a full-size bed.
The crib is made from sturdy New Zealand pine wood and has been Greenguard gold certified.
You can also adjust the mattress to four positions to match the needs of your growing baby!
- You can transform it into a daybed, toddler bed, and full-size bed with kits
- Versatile crib suitable for a majority of parents and nurseries
- Simple minimalist design
- Available in several color options
- Some screws can be challenging to align
- The paint chips
- It isn’t as durable as some other cribs
- GREENGUARD Gold Certified: This product has been tested for over 10,000 chemicals It contributes to cleaner indoor air, creating a healthier environment for your baby to sleep, play and grow
- GROWS WITH BABY: Four adjustable mattress positions that can be lowered as your baby begins to sit and stand Easily converts to toddler bed, daybed and full-size bed (toddler kit M3899 and full-size kit M4799 sold separately)
- QUALITY MATERIAL: Made of solid sustainable New Zealand pine wood Finished in a non-toxic multi-step painting process and lead and phthalate safe
Apart from being a posh crib, Stokke Sleepi Mini Crib is one of the best low-profile, mobile cribs ever made.
The mini crib has a distinctive oval shape and casters and is easier to move around. The wheels are also lockable, and you don’t have to worry about the baby crib gliding through your nursery.
It is 34.2 inches tall, so all petite moms won’t have issues handling the baby in this unique crib. Stokke Sleepi is also easy to combine with additional items, such as a textile canopy or conversion kit. Therefore, you can transform it into a daybed and extend the use.
The warranty is also worth mentioning. Stokke Sleepi is equipped with a 7-year warranty.
- Compact design
- Provides a cozy sleeping environment
- It comes in two colors
- The crib has lockable wheels
- The conversion kit isn’t included in the price
- The accessories including sheets and mattresses are difficult to find and pricey because only Stokke products are compatible
- Flexible bed that grows with the child from approx. 0-10 years.
- Height adjustable mattress bottom makes lifting baby in and out easier.
- Lockable swivel wheels make it easy to move from room to room.
- Pressure resistant, hypoallergenic PU foam mattress with removable cover.
If you are looking for JPMA certified mini cribs, the Aden model from Dream on Me is worth considering. The Dream On Me Aden 4-in-1 Convertible Mini Crib is 36 inches tall, but it also features one side shorter than that.
Therefore, it is easy to approach your baby from the shorter side, too.
If this convertible crib is still a tad too tall for you, I recommend trying a crib step stool. The Rorkee step stool is sturdy and very stable, so it can be of excellent help.
Aden convertible crib is also a suitable crib for tall parents. Therefore, if there is a significant height difference between you and your partner, the Aden might be an excellent compromise!
The color range for this baby crib is vast. There are ten options, which is impressive for a mini crib. It is also a convertible crib that you can transform into a daybed and twin-size bed with or without a footboard.
There are three positions for the mattress. It is compatible with all major crib mattress brands. I recommend trying the Newton Baby Waterproof Crib Mattress. That said, remember to pick a mini size to fit your mini crib!
Also, did i forget to mention that the mini crib has sturdy constructions and is made from New Zealand Pine wood?
- Cute design perfect for nurseries
- Excellent color range for a mini crib
- Compatible with a lot of other brand’s accessories
- Sturdy solid wood construction
- Short 1-year warranty
- Assembly instructions can be too vague
- LONG LASTING - Made of New Zealand pinewood, the Aden 4-in-1 Convertible Mini Crib is both durable and stylish. A clean design and small footprint allow it to fit into any nursery theme. All tools for assembly are included
- 4-in-1 CONVERTIBILITY OPTIONS - The Aden grows along with your child! You can convert the crib into a mini daybed and a twin size bed and it has a convenient 3-position mattress support system (Twin Size Rail and Bed frame sold separately)
- YOUR SAFETY MATTERS - The Aden 4-in-1 is JPMA Certified to meet or exceed all safety standards set by the CPSC and ASTM. All of our products are tested by 3rd party labs for lead and other toxic elements. The cribs features beautiful non-toxic, child-safe, water-based finishes
If you are looking for a second, compact mini crib or the one to keep at grandparents, the Babyletto Origami Mini Portable Crib might be all you need! It is 36 inches tall and can quickly be folded and stored when not in use.
The frame is sturdy and simple, and the Babyletto Origami Mini crib has wheels for straightforward use. It can be an excellent crib if you don’t want to use a short cot, and if you prefer for your baby to sleep in a standard but smaller crib over flimsy cots.
You may be interested in: Should Babies Sleep in The Dark
- Suitable for small space
- Easy to fold
- Sturdy New Zealand Pine construction
- Difficult to put together
- Pricey for a portable mini crib
- Only two adjustable mattress height positions
- URBAN STYLE AND SIZE: Designed for urban living with a foldable frame with removable, locking caster wheels for easy storage and transport. It's a smart and stylish alternative to a bassinet, suitable for a growing babe from newborn to beyond 18 months. Safe to use until 35" tall or starting to climb.
- GREENGUARD GOLD CERTIFIED: The Origami has undergone rigorous scientific testing for over 10,000 chemical emissions and VOCs. It contributes to cleaner indoor air, creating a healthier environment for your baby to sleep, play, and grow.Do not use abrasive chemicals for cleaning
- ADJUSTABLE MATTRESS HEIGHT: The low-profile design and 2 adjustable mattress positions make it easy to put a newborn to rest. The Origami is a standard mini size crib which includes a 1" mattress pad. We recommend additional support with our Pure by babyletto mini crib mattress (37" x 23.5").
The Storkcraft Hillcrest Convertible Crib is a great, adjustable, and versatile option for your baby. It also features a clean and simple baby crib design which allows the crib to blend into every nursery and kids’ room.
Hillcrest is a convertible crib that can grow with your baby with the attachment of additional crib accessories. The crib will become a daybed, full-size, and toddler bed when you buy a toddler bed conversion kit and additional parts.
There are three adjustable mattress height positions. The crib is only 34 inches tall, made from wood and comes in three color options.
- Simple design fits every interior design and decor
- Storkcraft has nine decades-long reputation in making baby furniture
- One of the shortest cribs on the market
- Great value for money
- Most available colors are dark
- The assembly can be slightly complex
- The paint chips off with prolonged use
- 5-IN-1 CONVERTIBLE CRIB: Converts from baby crib (mattress sold separately) to toddler bed (toddler guardrail sold separately), daybed, and full-size bed with headboard & optional footboard (conversion kit sold separately); Assembly required
- ADAPTS TO YOUR GROWING BABY: Adjustable mattress support base with 3 different height options; Designed to fit any standard full-size crib & toddler mattress; This baby crib may be used until your child can easily climb out or is taller than 35in (89cm)
- JPMA CERTIFIED, SAFETY TESTED: Expert tested by third-party, accredited laboratories to meet or exceed all applicable category voluntary and mandatory safety standards; Applied finish tested to meet or exceed applicable ASTM and CPSIA safety standards
The Modo crib by Babyletto features a universal mattress fit and classy design, so it is easier for parents to figure out the right crib mattress size to use.
The crib has four sturdy and wide legs for extra stability.
The height is 34.75 inches, which makes the Babyletto Modo 3-in-1 Convertible Crib suitable for short and medium-tall moms. If you are interested in a crib with clear slats, Babyletto has a crib similar to Modo, but with clear slats.
The Harlow convertible crib is shorter than 35 inches and has acrylic slats!
Modo features no visible-screw design that improves the appearance of the crib. You can convert the crib to a day and toddler bed when you purchase additional kits.
- Sturdy crib with geometric blocks for extra stability
- Clean design
- Four adjustable mattress positions
- Universal mattress fit
- The taking-off legs option would be great for petite moms if enabled
- High price tag
- VERSATILE MODERN DESIGN: The Modo's geometric solid timber design and square feet ensures a sturdy and stable base making it the smart, stylish solution for your nursery. Complete the look with the Modo 3-drawer dresser.
- GREENGUARD GOLD CERTIFIED: The Modo has undergone rigorous scientific testing for over 10,000 chemical emissions and VOCs. It contributes to cleaner indoor air, creating a healthier environment for your baby to sleep, play, and grow.
- 3-IN-1 CONVERTABILITY and ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT: The Modo transitions from crib to toddler bed and daybed, with an included toddler bed conversion kit. The low profile design and 4 adjustable mattress positions make it easy to put a newborn to rest.
The Delta Children Emery 4-in-1 Convertible Baby Crib is a beautiful crib with an attractive design and JPMA certifications.
The crib features large bell-shaped siding which will later become a headboard when you convert the crib into a full-size bed! It is available in white, black and gray colors, which will fit most nursery decor.
The height of the lower side is 33.25 inches, so the crib is perfect for petite parents. On the other hand, this convertible crib is quite heavy because of the solid wood, New Zealand pine constructions.
- Attractive design
- Convertible crib
- The screws don’t have caps for aesthetics but can be purchased separately
- The scuff marks may appear soon after daily use
- Some assembly steps are somewhat confusing
- The crib comes with a strong paint smell
- CONVERTIBLE CRIB: Converts from a crib to a toddler bed, daybed and full size bed with headboard (Daybed Rail included; Toddler Guardrail #0080 and Full Size Metal Bed Frame #0040 sold separately)
- GROWS WITH BABY: The 3 position mattress height adjustment on this crib allows you to lower the mattress as your baby begins to sit or stand.Do not use abrasive chemicals
- BUILT TO LAST: Strong and sturdy wood construction helps create a dream nursery where you’ll spend plenty of Mommy and Me/Daddy and Me time. Easy assembly
The Delta Children Bently is very similar to the Emery model. The height of the taller siding is over 40 inches, but short moms can approach the baby easily from the other shorter, and more practical side.
Like many other baby cribs for short moms, the Delta Children Bentley S Series 4-in-1 Convertible Baby Crib is also made from sustainable and sturdy New Zealand pine wood.
It is a convertible model, and you can purchase additional parts and convert the crib to a toddler or day bed. Also, you can convert it to a full-size bed with a beautiful headboard!
- Sleek design
- The crib has been JPMA and ASTM-certified
- Sturdy wood construction
- Beautiful finish
- Strong chemical paint lingers for some time
- Some holes aren’t lined up well with screws and bolts
- CONVERTIBLE CRIB: Converts from a crib to a toddler bed, daybed and full size bed with headboard & footboard (Daybed Rail included; Toddler Guardrail #0080 and Full Size Bed Rails #0050 sold separately)
- GROWS WITH BABY: The 3 position mattress height adjustment on this crib allows you to lower the mattress as your baby begins to sit or stand
- BUILT TO LAST: Strong and sturdy wood construction helps create a dream nursery where you’ll spend plenty of Mommy and Me/Daddy and Me time Easy assembly
Buying a bed for your newborn isn’t an easy task. There is so much to think of – size, safety, model, type, comfort, durability, etc. Adding the parents’ height to the equation – short moms face an additional challenge.
If it seems overwhelming, the following section may help clear things up.
If you are petite, look for a crib below 36 inches. The railings shouldn’t exceed your waistline, to ensure you can comfortably lean towards the baby in the crib.
There are several crib types on the market. I am talking about convertible, mobile and foldable, portable cribs, standard and mini-size cribs.
Overall, when you see the word “convertible” in the name of the crib, it means that you can purchase additional parts and use the crib differently when the baby overgrows it.
Mini-size baby cribs are great for parents with limited space, but you cannot use them as long as you can use the standard crib. Mobile cribs have caster wheels, and some are foldable to be easily stored.
Before you purchase a crib, clearly define your needs. Do you need a crib for the baby to sleep every night, or a second crib to carry with you when traveling?
You may be interested in: Best Baby Travel Cribs
Have you thought about where the baby will sleep once she overgrows the crib? Once you are completely familiar with the type of crib you need, start searching for one.
Crib’s safety is the most important thing to consider. The crib needs to be tested for safety and come with all international and national certifications.
For example, JPMA (Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association) certification focuses on testing the functionality of the crib, and GreenGuard tests negative toxic emissions.
Ultimately, all products in the US market need to have CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission) certification for quality and safety.
It is the only way to ensure the design matches the standards – there are no sharp and hazardous edges, and that construction is sturdy and safe for the baby.
You may be interested in: Best Crib Bumpers
In most cases, a crib is sold separately from other crib accessories. Some brands do include the mattress or the mattress pad in the purchase or have bundle deals for you to save money.
If you decide to invest in a crib mattress, crib sheets, or other accessories separately, you have to check if the items are compatible with the crib. Some baby cribs are compatible with the best crib accessories on the market, and some only work with accessories from the same brand.
For example, the Hudson crib from Babyletto features a universal mattress fit, which means you can easily purchase whatever standard crib mattress you want.
Let’s sum things up and declare a winner!
Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 Convertible Crib is my top pick for petite moms! The height is suitable and allows short moms to reach the baby comfortably. Also, it is a sturdy crib, which grows with your baby and offers two options for conversions.
Does it sound like something you’ll be satisfied with for your baby?
Here is a quick checklist to go through before we wrap things up about low-profile cribs:
Pick a crib that is between 33 and 36 inches short.
- Adjustable Mattress Height
The crib needs to have at least two adjustable mattress height positions. Use the highest adjustable mattress height for newborns, and lower the crib when the baby starts to get up.
The construction needs to be solid and sturdy, without sharp edges or corner cuts.
- Safety certification
Pick a crib with international certifications for safety and non-toxicity.
A crib that can be converted to a toddler bed and full-size bed is a practical and long-term investment for your kid.
If you have more questions about cribs for short parents, do not hesitate to ask in the comment section! I hope this guide was useful to you!
Are you ready to make an informed decision about your crib? Don’t worry if you need more information.
Check the next section and find answers to some frequently asked questions about cribs for short moms!
At the moment, there is more research to be done regarding bedside cribs.  These cribs might seem like a practical option for short moms. But until more testing is done, stick with the standard cribs.
Cribs with railings below 36 or 35 inches are generally referred to as low-profile cribs. These might be more practical for short parents.
General recommendations about crib use state that parents should stop using a crib when their baby is taller than 35 inches.  Doing so helps prevent escaping from the crib when the baby starts to climb.
If you’ve got a tall crib that is uncomfortable for you to use, try a step stool to access the baby easily. The same applies to a crib low to the ground beyond your comfort. You can also replace it with a shorter one or consider using a crib alternative.
As the baby grows, it can start climbing the sides of the crib and try to escape. Some cribs allow you to disassemble sidings. You can replace the siding with a matching bed rail to raise the height and make the crib safer.
No, you shouldn’t. Some cribs allow leg removal during conversion to a full-size bed. If you manually saw off the legs on the crib and use it without feet, you risk damaging the entire crib construction and rendering it unsafe for use.
Last update on 2022-10-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API