Most people think they need to give up their love for the outdoors when they already have a baby. For your information, having a baby is more reason to stay fit and active, so pursuing your jogging hobby is one of the best things that you can do.
The best part is that, you can do that with a jogger stroller – bring your child with you and share your love for jogging together!
In this review, we’ve compared some of the best lightweight options in the market. For us, the best lightweight jogging stroller in the list is the Thule Urban Glide 2. If you want to know why, keep on reading!
For a quick look on the best lightweight jogging stroller alternatives apart from our best overall pick, here are our other best stroller picks in the jogger category:
- BOB Gear Rambler Jogging Stroller
- Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight
- Baby Trend Expedition Double Jogger
- Jeep Deluxe Patriot Open Trails Jogger
- NexGen Chaser Jogger Stroller
- Allen Sports Premier Aluminum Jogger Stroller
The Best Lightweight Jogging Stroller For You
From its name, a jogging stroller is the type of stroller with features that make jogging easier for you yet safe for the baby. The most significant characteristic of a lightweight jogging stroller is, of course, its weight.
You see, the lighter the stroller is, the less resistance it will have. The less resistance you’ll have to deal with, the more convenient and easier it will be for you to run and jog. With this in mind, a lightweight jogger stroller must weigh not more than 30 lbs.
However, please take note that there’s more to weight than you think. You also have to make sure that the manufacturer didn’t sacrifice the stroller quality for the weight. The jogging stroller must also have big wheels for stability and a wedge-shape for aerodynamics.
Now that you know the must-have characteristics of a jogger stroller, let’s proceed to the essential factors to consider when choosing a lightweight jogger stroller. Here are some of them:
More than your convenience, it’s your child’s safety that’s most important. It’s a must that you pay attention to the stroller’s brakes. This often comes in two types—footbrake (same with the types of brakes you see in shopping carts) and handbrake (similar to the brakes of a bike).
Both brakes work well. However, you should opt for one with a handbrake, so you have the option to slow down the stroller if you plan on running.
Next to safety would be your child’s comfort. Your child is in for a bumpy ride with all the running and jogging you plan to do. The least you can do for him is to choose a stroller with a good suspension system.
As mentioned, one of the most prominent features of a jogger stroller would be its durable and oversized tires. Thick and large air-filled tires will work with your stroller’s suspension system in absorbing bumps and inconsistencies in the terrain and deliver a smooth ride for your baby.
A good jogging stroller must have at least a 16-inch rear wheel and 12-inch front wheels to minimize rolling resistance. The lower the resistance is, the less effort you need to push the stroller.
If you plan to use the stroller on your trips or wish to store it at your car’s compartment, you must choose a compact jogger stroller.
If you want to take the stroller’s portability into the next level, choose one that’s foldable. For your convenience, go for a stroller with a one-touch folding mechanism so you can unpack and set it up using only one hand.
For those days when you just feel like strolling (and not running) around, you need a stroller that also works as a regular pushchair.
For this, you should look for a stroller with a front wheel that can be unlocked so you can easily stroll in crowded streets.
Here’s a sneak peek on the different features of the best lightweight jogging strollers in the market:
|Stroller Brand||Stroller Weight||Max Weight Limit||Adjustable Handlebar?||Brakes||Stroller Type||Car Seat Adaptable?||Foldability?|
|Thule Urban Glide 2||25.3 lbs||75 lbs||Yes||Handbrake||Single||Yes||One-hand fold|
|BOB Gear Rambler Jogging Stroller||25.2 lbs||75 lbs||No||Foot brake||Single||Yes||Two-fold|
|Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight||25.7 lbs||75 lbs||No||Foot brake||Single||Yes||One-hand fold|
|Baby Trend Expedition Double Jogger||25.0 lbs||45 lbs||No||Foot Brake||Double||No||One-hand fold|
|Jeep Deluxe Patriot Open Trails Jogger||26.98 lbs||50 lbs||No||Foot Brake||Single||Yes||One-hand fold|
|NexGen Chaser Jogger Stroller||26 lbs||35 lbs||No||Foot Brake||Single||No||One-hand fold|
|Allen Sports Premier Aluminum 1-Child Jogger||21 lbs||50 lbs||Yes||Foot Brake||Single||No||One-hand fold|
Now let’s take a look at each best lightweight jogging stroller in-depth review:
1. Thule Urban Glide 2
Lightweight, all-terrain stroller are the three words that best describe the Thule Urban Glide 2. Deemed as the best lightweight jogging stroller in our list, we chose it its overall impressive features that we need.
It has 16-inch rear wheels designed to deliver a more stable and smoother ride. On the other hand, it has a locking front wheel for a more convenient jogging experience.
While it has all the features needed for jogging, this stroller is also an excellent option for strolling through town. This is because it comes with an unlockable front swivel wheel that will allow you to maneuver the stroller through crowded streets easily.
Safety is what the stroller design is all about. It’s equipped with a 5-point child harness—the gold standard for stroller seat belts. The integrated hand brake is easy to control and access. With its one-hand fold and recline, parents also find this stroller easy to use.
- The stroller comes in stylish colors.
- It features a multi-position canopy with side ventilation.
- It’s equipped with plenty of storage, including a zip-top cover, two mesh compartments, and rear mesh pockets.
- The adjustable handlebar has an ergonomic grip.
- The rear tires are removable for a more compact fold.
- The seat is not as deep as expected.
- Its seat is a bit small for toddlers.
- A lightweight, all-terrain stroller perfect for jogging or strolling through town
- Swivel front wheel locks into place for jogging
- Large 16" rear wheels plus suspension for an ultra smooth ride
2. BOB Gear Rambler Jogging Stroller
The BOB Gear Rambler Jogging stroller is a great option if you are looking at quality best lightweight jogging stroller by BOB. The stroller is not the cheapest stroller in this list, but with its excellent features, it gives value for your money.
We loved the most about the stroller’s compact air-filled tires, which work with the stroller’s suspension system to ensure a smooth, stable, and comfortable ride for your little one.
The front wheels are swivel wheels, so you’ll find it easy to control the stroller’s direction. If you find the tires to be bulky, you can remove the rear wheels so you can easily store the stroller in your car’s compartment.
One unique feature that caught our attention is its no-rethread harness design, which ensures a perfect fit and allows easy height adjustments that will come handy when your child grows bigger.
- The stroller is compatible with almost all major brands of car seats.
- Good stroller for toddlers as the padded seat sits fully upright, and can be reclined for infants.
- The extra-large, water-resistant UPF 50+ Canopy provides the ultimate sun protection.
- Its under-stroller large cargo basket is easy to access and can accommodate most of your stuff.
- It comes in waterproof fabric.
- Harness is a bit tight.
- It’s a bit big.
- Complete travel system: Rambler stroller, B-Safe 35 infant Car seat, car seat base and adapter are all in one box, So you can stroll from the start
- Smooth ride: Suspension system provides an ultra-smooth ride; compact, air-filled tires save on trunk space
- Kid comfort: Fully upright, padded seating allows your child to see the world; one-hand recline adjustment lets you quickly lay the seat back with the squeeze of a button
The star feature of the Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight is its lightweight yet durable frame made of 6061 aircraft aluminum. With this material, this updated stroller design is 10% lighter than its previous model.
The best thing about its frame is it has a shock-absorbing suspension to keep your child feeling comfortable during the entire ride. The stroller’s 16-inch air-filled tires are also there to keep the stroller as stable as possible.
Don’t worry, the wheels of this stroller are designed for your convenience. It has a quick-release 16 inch rear wheels paired with a swivel front wheel that can be locked straight so you can easily control it on both smooth and bumpy terrains.
Lastly, the stroller’s linked parking brakes are easily accessible and can help you stop or slow down both rear wheels in just one step!
- It has a roomy seat that can be easily cleaned using soap and water.
- The stroller folds compact and has an auto-lock feature.
- It already includes a tire pump, parent organizer, and running leash.
- The seat also sits high to give your child a great view of his surroundings.
- It has a great suspension system for a smooth ride.
- The seat can’t be reclined if the child is taller than 18 inches.
- The stroller is a bit large and may not be suitable for maneuvering through tight spaces.
- Extra wide seat sits high to give child great visibility, multi-position seat recline
- Includes parent organizer, running leash, and tire pump
- Quick release 16" rear wheels and 12.5" swivel front wheel that locks straight
Do you have twins? With the Baby Trend Expedition Double Jogger, you will not have any problems bringing your twins with you on your jog.
Same with the other strollers, it has a lockable front swivel. For jogging purposes, you can use the swivel wheel so it can withstand rough terrains. If it’s time for you to stroll through town, you can lock the wheels in place for easy operation.
For your ultimate convenience, the jogger has a one-hand easy-to-fold design. With its trigger folding mechanism, the frame will collapse in just a push of a button.
We liked the stroller’s 5-point safety harness, which is the ultimate seatbelt design for strollers.
- Its seats can be reclined in multiple positions.
- The stroller has lots of storage options, including an under-stroller basket, parent tray, and covered compartment storage.
- Despite being a double jogger, this stroller is as light as the other single strollers in this list.
- It is easy to fold and easy to use.
- The adjustable canopy protects your child from the sun and wind.
- The seats have limited maximum weight capacity.
- The seat has limited space as well.
- Designed for children from 6-50 pounds (each child) and no more than 42" tall
- Multi-position seat recline with 5-point safety harness. Ratcheting shade canopy. Convenient parent tray includes two cup holders and covered storage compartment
- 16" rear and 12" front all-terrain, rubber pneumatic bicycle tires
5. Jeep Deluxe Patriot Open Trails Jogger
The Jeep Deluxe Patriot Open Trails Jogger is one of the most affordable strollers you can find in this list. Despite its low price, it’s packed with comfort and safety features for your child and convenience features that you’ll enjoy.
The stroller is equipped with 16-inch air-filled pneumatic wheels that absorb bumps and delivers the smoothest ride possible. The front wheel is a swivel front wheel so you can easily transverse through rough terrains. The good news is the wheels can be locked so you can also use the stroller on smooth pavements.
The stroller seat can be reclined, so your child can comfortably take a nap or rest his back if he’s already tired. If you’re worried that he might fall off, the seat’s 5-point harness system with soft shoulder pads is there to prevent such accident. The harness is also reflective, so motorists can see you and your child when you jog at night.
- Storage options include an undercarriage storage bin, two cup holders, and a phone tray.
- It has a swing-out tray so you can have easy access to your child.
- For the parent’s comfort, it comes with a foam handlebar.
- It already includes a car seat adapter.
- The stroller features a modern and sleek look with its vibrant combinations.
- Canopy is a bit short.
- It’s heavier than most jogger strollers.
- RECOMMENDED USE: Holds up to 50 lbs./ 42" | This jogging stroller accepts a number of popular infant car seats with a secure attachment to create your own travel system | Meets Disney size requirements
- SMOOTH RIDE: Locking swivel-front wheel for stability when jogging and easy mobility while walking | Air filled rubber tires absorb bumps | Reclining seat allows kids to comfortably take a nap | Extendable canopy with UPF 50+ sun visor blocks rays
- ABUNDANCE OF STORAGE: Undercarriage storage bin hold all your child's essentials | Parent tray with two cup holders and clear smart phone storage provides space for your travel necessities
We feel that these two lightweight jogging strollers are rather promising in terms of performance despite having some drawbacks but they are extra models you could consider when shopping for the best lightweight jogging stroller for your family.
6. NexGen Chaser Jogger Stroller
The NexGen Chaser Jogger Stroller is known for its unique wheel design, making it one of the most valuable jogger strollers in the market.
The stroller features the innovative Race Tec Wheel Design with a larger wheel, thicker wheel post, and plenty of bearings. These add-ons help ensure the security of your child and the stability of the stroller.
If you think that’s secure enough, think again. The stroller even comes with a 5-point safety harness — the best type of seatbelt a stroller can ever have. The straps are fully adjustable so it can fit your child perfectly.
Don’t worry! The manufacturer didn’t forget about you! They incorporated a modern parent console on the stroller’s handle so you’ll have a place to put your phone and drinks in.
- The UPF 50+ Canopy has an extended sun visor and a peek-a-boo window so you can easily see your child.
- It has a swing-away child tray so your child can quickly get off the stroller.
- The stroller’s handle is ergonomically designed and comes with angled sides for your comfort.
- The undercarriage storage basket comes with rear access so you can conveniently get your items.
- With its trigger-fold mechanism, you can fold the stroller with only one hand.
- The wheels have separate brakes.
- The handle is not adjustable.
- Innovative Race Tec Wheel Design includes large wheels, a thicker wheel post, and more bearings to provide more security and stability
- UPF 50+ canopy with extended sun visor and Peek-A-Boo window
- Ergonomic handle with angled sides for improved comfort when jogging and Fully adjustable 5-point safety harness
7. Allen Sports Premier Aluminum 1-Child Jogger
The Allen Sports Premier Aluminum Jogger Stroller is the smallest and lightest jogging stroller on the list. This is because of its lightweight and durable aluminum frame. Despite having a small size, the stroller is packed with great features, allowing it to safely transport and children up to 50 lbs.
The stroller has a rear suspension to smooth out bumps and deliver the best riding experience to your child. Additionally, it has a raised rear axle so you can run comfortably even while pushing the stroller.
Other comfort features of the stroller are its five-point safety harness and reclining seat. On the other hand, its convenience features are push-button release for wheels and easy trigger folding.
- This is the lightest and smallest jogging stroller available.
- The seats are padded for a comfortable ride.
- It has adjustable straps so it can grow with your child.
- The onboard storage provides lots of space for your belongings.
- The stroller comes in an eye-catching design.
- Stroller does not fold completely flat with wheels on.
- The wheel brakes can be difficult to release.
- Lightweight aluminum jogger with durable quick release 16 inch wheels
- Safely and comfortably transports 1 child (up to 50 pounds max payload); Minimum age 6 months
- Rear suspension smooths out the bumps in the road and a raised rear axle for running comfort
There are a lot of things to consider when choosing a lightweight stroller. These include portability, convenience, safety features, and many more.
For me, the best lightweight jogging stroller is no other than the Thule Urban Glide 2 because, in addition to being light, safe, and convenient to use, the stroller is also designed to be sleek and stable yet holds a high maximum weight capacity.
What are your thoughts on our list? Do share with us in the comments below!
Last update on 2022-11-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API