Being a mother has changed my instinctive responses for good. The urge to keep my little girl in front of my eyes has never been stronger. But as a working mother, it’s not always possible for me to stick around my baby.
I’m forever grateful to the best non wifi baby monitor that kept my nerves calm on a busy day. I can look at my monitor and see what my girl is doing, without connecting to the internet. I am a little paranoid about my privacy so I’ll prefer a non wifi baby monitor over a wifi one.
To help all the mothers out there, I’ve taken up the task to find the best baby monitor without wifi for the year.
I just loved the Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor for its all-around performance and credibility. VTech DM221-2 Audio Baby Monitor follows closely for its affordability and unique features, and I liked the Eufy Security Spaceview Monitor for its long-range.
But of course, that’s not all – we’ll go through ten of my best non-wifi monitor picks for the year.
Our Top 10 Non-Wifi Baby Monitor Picks
The concept of baby monitors has been around for quite some time now. They are little devices with a camera unit and a display unit. You put the camera in the baby’s room and have the display on you.
Most best non wifi baby monitors offer a moderate range. Unfortunately, you cannot use your smartphone as a display as these are non wifi monitors. These monitors offer a safe alternative to conventional wifi monitors because they cannot be accessed by hackers!
A baby monitor usually consists of a camera and a display device that communicates using a wireless transmission system. The connection is mostly secure and doesn’t require any internet.
Usually, the baby monitor uses a 2.4 GHz secure channel to transmit video and audio. This specific channel is only accessible by the camera and the display device so you can expect zero interference.
Best non wifi baby monitors come with 2-way audio communication. Some monitors use infrared technology to detect the movement of the baby, even in the dark.
The fear of hacking is one of the driving forces behind non wifi baby monitors. But when there is wireless transmission involved, there is always a risk of being hacked.
However, as non wifi monitors are not connected to the internet, the risk factor is very low. Also, some monitors offer secure end-to-end connections which provide added protection to the mix.
Similar to buying any product, it’s important to look at a few aspects of a baby monitor. The list is quite long as I consider myself a conscious mother. Let’s get on with it.
The quality of the feed is the first major consideration while buying a non wifi video baby monitor. You need to have a clear vision of what your baby is doing. HD video quality has become the bare minimum for baby monitors nowadays. Choose a moderate display size and camera quality.
The next big thing to consider is the range. The larger the range, the better for you. Ideally, the baby monitor should cover the area of your entire home. If you get one with even larger coverage, you can check up on the baby even from outside the home.
If the baby monitor you choose is battery powered, most likely it will be, you should take a look at the battery life. The larger the battery, the more you can stay calm before you have to run and plug the monitor for charging. But more battery power comes with less mobility due to the extra weight.
The transmission mode can be anything except wifi. Usually, the best non wifi baby monitors use wireless technology to transmit data, and these make for a great travel baby monitor. Some monitors operate using Bluetooth while others utilize their dedicated channel. Your job is to look for one that you feel safe with.
It’s great to have two-way functionality. When you have two-way audio, you can hear and talk to the baby simultaneously. It’s a great way to comfort the baby while you’re busy with work or household chores.
As I’ve already mentioned, some baby monitors are equipped with infrared technology that works as a night vision. Even if the baby room is dark, the sensors will pick up movement and notify you instantly.
While choosing your non wifi baby monitors, keep in mind what your future might look like. Do you want to expand the visibility of the monitor with more cameras? A model that offers such features will be a better pick in that case.
1. Summer Baby Pixel Zoom HD Video Monitor
In my opinion, Summer Baby Pixel Zoom HD Video Monitor is one of the finest examples of necessary baby products. It comes with a high-resolution camera and a 720p display to ensure amazing clarity for seeing what your baby is doing.
The proprietary SleepZone Boundary would be my favorite function in this best baby monitor without wifi. You can designate an area for your baby to sleep safely and the monitor will alert you if the baby moves out of that area.
The parent unit features 6 different zoom options. It’s nice because you have the option to get close and monitor your child. The Moonlite Night Vision is an innovative technology that can provide you with a color image of your baby in the dark. Voice activation, default lullabies, different indicators, etc. are also found in this baby monitor.
You can also expand up to 4 cameras to monitor baby twins.
- Packed with features
- Two-way talking
- Clock and room temperature display
- Large 5-inch display
- 6-step zoom
- SleepZone Boundary
- Might fail to match budget for most parents
- A low range of 800 feet
- Expansion is expensive
- CLEARER NIGHTTIME VIEWS – Not just a baby monitor with camera, our HD Moonlite Night Vision Boost subtly illuminates the camera’s viewing area for a clearer, temporary, in-color view of baby in the dark. No more struggling to see your little one at night!
- SET A VIRTUAL BOUNDARY – Have an escape artist on your hands? With SleepZone Virtual Boundary, you can ease sleep time worries and set a boundary box around a selected area. You’ll be alerted on the video monitor when your child exits their safe space.
- BETTER VIEW OF BABY – The remote camera steering pans left to right and tilts up and down, for a perfect view! Plus, the 5-inch HD picture (720p) handheld monitor has temperature/time display, 6-level zoom, wall mount hardware and up to 800-ft range.
VTech DM221-2 Audio Baby Monitor features DECT 6.0 technology to ensure maximum clarity for both the parent unit and the baby unit. This non wifi baby monitor is an audio baby monitor that offers up to 1000 feet of range.
The 5-level sound indicator is a great touch on top of the overall design. There are LED lights on the parent unit to let them visualize the level of sound coming from the baby’s room. It also comes with a two-way audio intercom.
The baby unit works as a nightlight as well. The soothing light helps the baby to sleep peacefully. You can turn off the nightlight feature if you want. The sensitivity of the sound is adjustable on the parent unit to fine-tune the noise level in the baby’s room.
Another baby monitor that is similar to this is the Angelcare AC420.
- DECT 6.0 technology
- 5-level sound indicator
- Two-way communication
- Works as a nightlight
- Adjustable sound sensitivity
- Sound alerts
- Only audio units
- 1000 feet range
- CLEAR AUDIO AND LONG RANGE - DECT 6.0 technology provides clear audio transmission, eliminating annoying background noise while allowing you to move from room to room. Up to 1,000 feet of range lets you stay connected to your baby from another room
- 5-LEVEL SOUND INDICATOR AND 2-WAY TALK-BACK INTERCOM - LEDs on the parent unit indicate the level of sound in your baby's room so you can visually monitor the noise level. The built-in intercom on the parent unit lets you talk to your baby from any room
- NIGHT LIGHT ON THE BABY UNIT - A soothing light on the baby unit gently illuminates a dark nursery. Both the parent unit(s) and baby unit allow you to turn on or off the nightlight on the baby unit
I’m back with another video baby monitor. Infant Optics DXR-8 Baby Monitor is one of my top picks because it features very secure FHSS technology to ensure safety. It comes as a very compact unit. The battery might not be the largest in the bunch, but it’s enough to keep you updated on your baby.
The camera comes with interchangeable lenses with tilt, pan, and digital zoom features. This best baby monitor without wifi can be expanded up to 4 cameras. It’s an award-winning monitor perfected over years of customer feedback.
The FHSS technology uses its own 2.4 GHz channel for secure connection with the parent unit and the baby unit. The range is slightly lower on this one, rated at only 700 feet.
- Compact design
- Award-winning device
- Interchangeable lenses for zoom
- IR night vision
- Remote tilt/pan/zoom
- Secure connection
- Low range
- Low battery backup
- 2020 Award Winner: Babylist Best Baby Monitors Of 2020 *(Awarded On January 8, 2020)
- Perfect Size & Weight Ratio - No Large Batteries To Power Energy-Hungry Large Screens. The Dxr-8 Is Light-Weight And Portable, Designed For True Mobility Around The House. 10-Hr Battery Life On Power-Saving Mode, 6-Hr With Screen On.Care & Cleaning: Spot or Wipe Clean
- Full Viewing Control - The Dxr-8 Is A Baby Monitor With Camera Features Such As Pan/Tilt/Digital Zoom And Interchangeable Lens. Fit The Zoom Lens To See Even Closer, Or Zoom Out With The Wide Angle Lens. Expandable Up To 4 Cameras
DBPOWER Video Baby Monitor offers a robust 3.5 inches LCD. It also uses secure FHSS technology to ensure data safety. It has a power-saving mode. It’s a smart technology that activates itself if any movement or sound is detected in the baby unit.
The two-way audio feature is complemented by lullabies. You get 5 lullabies to play by default. The camera on the baby unit is equipped with infrared technology to detect movement in the dark and act as a night vision camera.
The feeding alarm is a nice feature that I really like. It’s easy to get overwhelmed with work and forgetting to feed your baby. The feeding alarm is there for the rescue.
It’s one of the advanced non wifi baby monitors on my list as it features temperature monitoring, nightlight functionality and Camera PTZ.
- Secure FHSS encryption
- Built-in lullabies
- Feeding alarm to keep the baby fed
- Night vision
- Expandable up to 4 cameras
- Additional features like temperature monitoring and nightlight
- Good range
- Comes with one camera
- Relatively small display
As a mother, I like to stay on top of my baby’s situation. Hello Baby 3.2-Inch Video Baby Monitor is one best non wifi baby monitor that I like a lot. It operates on a 2.4 GHz wireless transmission channel and is equipped with a 3.2-inch LCD.
The built-in infrared and temperature sensors are there to keep you assured that your baby is safe and comfortable. The night vision is engaged automatically when it’s dark. The baby unit is loaded with 8 lullabies. Or, you can talk to the baby over the two-way communication channel.
This non wifi baby monitor has a smart feature that turns it off when noise is below 50dB for more than 7 seconds. Every LDC display supports 4 cameras and you have total control over which camera you want to monitor.
- Two-way communication
- 8 built-in lullabies
- Up to 960 feet of wireless range
- Secure 2.4 GHz channel
- Night vision and temperature monitoring
- Auto mute
- 3-month money-back warranty and 1-year quality guarantee from the manufacturer
- Small display
- The automatic mute feature is not always accurate
- 3.2" LCD DISPLAY & 2.4GHz WIRELESS TECHNOLOGY: This video baby monitor is equiped a 3.2 inch TFT LCD display and connected to the baby camera via enhanced 2.4GHz wireless technology - Using frequency-hopping and digital encryption technology to insure the security and reliability.
- INFRARED NIGHT VISION & TEMPERATURE MONITORING: Rest assured knowing you can see your baby day and night, including overnight, with automatic night vision. Remote in-room temperature display lets you know your baby is comfortable and safe.
- TWO-WAY TALKING & 960ft TRANSMISSION RANGE: The monitor covers a transmission range of up to 960 feet (tested in open air).You could play 8 soothing lullaby songs or use the two-way talkback intercom function to comfort your babies.
6. Eufy Security Spaceview Monitor
The Eufy Security Spaceview Monitor comes with a baby unit and a parent unit. You can mount the baby unit to the ceiling of the room while keeping the parent unit portable.
The camera can be tilted 110 degrees wide-angle and the 330 degrees corner to corner tilt gives you a very good field of view. The parent unit has a 5-inch 720p display and it’s better than most ordinary baby monitors you see on the market.
The package comes with a 2900 mAh battery that keeps the devices running for 15 hours. You can expand up to 4 cameras if you see the need. The two-way audio feature is a great addition as well. In my opinion, this is one best non wifi video baby monitor parents shouldn’t miss.
How does it perform? See for yourself!
- Long battery life
- Wide viewing angles
- Two-way communication
- Secure network
- Expansion up to 4 cameras
- Instant alerts
- Whopping 1000 feet range
- Relatively expensive
- No micro SD support
- Sweet Dreams on the Big Screen: The large 5" 720p video baby monitor display shows a sharp picture with 10 times more detail than ordinary 240p-display baby monitors.
- Ready for Their First Steps: When your baby starts to walk and run around, just attach the included lens to expand the view to 110 Degrees. No need to purchase another lens.
- Pan from Pillow to Pinky Toes: Pan the lens 330° to see corner-to-corner and tilt 110° to see floor to ceiling.
LBtech is a big boy baby monitor on my list. It features a large 4.3 inches LCD to let you clearly see what your baby is up to. It’s a plug and play unit like the rest of the models. It doesn’t require any internet or apps to operate.
The built-in lens allows 2x digital zoom so you don’t have to swap out lenses every time you want a different angle. LBtech Video Baby Monitor is one of the advanced units that come with night vision and temperature monitoring. It’s one of the rare non wifi baby monitors that come with two cameras in the package.
There is a voice activation mode that wakes the display when there is noise. It’s a smart feature that the manufacturer claims to reduce battery consumption by 50%. The two-way audio communication lets you talk to your baby remotely.
- Includes two cameras
- 2x digital zoom
- Temperature monitoring and night vision
- Smart power-saving mode
- Large 4.3 inches display
- Compatible with 4 cameras
- 360 rotate of the baby unit
- Zoom could be better
- No body temperature detection
- ★【Color LCD Screen& Plug and Play】4.3” Large LCD display with100% digital technology for privacy and security,and can allow you to monitor the baby’s activities in real time without any delay.It is very easy to operate,just plug and play,No WIFI/Internet/APP setup required.
- ★【Expandable to 4 Cameras】Baby camera is plug and play, no set up required. One parent unit monitor can be paired with 4 child unit cameras,You could take care all of your kids with one monitor(Additional camera sold separately)
- ★【2x Digital Zoom】allows you view of your baby without need to change the lens,You can zoom to 2x remotely using the monitor
Moonybaby Split 55 Baby Monitor boasts its most unique feature right in the name. It allows you to watch two camera feeds at once. And both of the cameras come included with the package. It has a high price, but it’s packed with awesome features at the same time.
While you can watch the feed from two cameras at once on the parent unit, you can choose audio for only one. It’s designed to give you maximum visibility while minimizing interference. It’s a non wifi baby monitor that comes with its own 2.4 GHz transmission channel to eliminate data breach.
The cameras are equipped with LEDs to use as nightlights. It has lullabies, it has zoom, it has a power-saving mode, and you can talk to your baby and vice versa. It’s a compact unit filled with features for mothers like us and it’s one of the best non wifi baby monitors in my opinion.
This is also a baby monitor that is great for monitoring two different rooms.
- Split-screen support for two cameras
- Absolute control of the camera
- Built-in lullabies, temperature monitoring, and colorful nightlight
- Power saving mode
- Secure 2.4 GHz connection
- Noise and motion alert
- Quite expensive
- Audio for one camera at a time
- 【Split Screen & Audio for one chosen camera】: With split-screen, you can see two rooms or both children side by side; you won't miss any precious moments. The best is you also can choose one camera with audio in this mode.
- 【Remote Pan, Tilt, Zoom】 Use parent unit to control the camera to pan, tilt and zoom remotely, you could see your little one no matter where he/she is in the room.
- 【100% DIGITAL WIRELESS SECURED TECHNOLOGY】 ensures private and secure connection between the camera and the monitor. The 2.4Ghz interference-free signal works in home between rooms and upstairs/downstairs. No WIFI/INTERNET setup required.
VTech is the only manufacturer on my list that made it twice. VTech VM350 5” Digital Video Monitor is a neat little non wifi baby monitor for my fellow mothers out there. It has a high-resolution 5-inch screen. The monitor and the cameras are calibrated from the factory so it’s literally a plug and play solution.
This baby monitor features up to 1000 feet of range which is commendable at this price. You can comfort your baby even from your backyard with the two-way communication feature. The monitor comes with an array of sounds to soothe your baby including white noise, lullaby, and ambient sound.
Voice activation, temperature monitoring, 9-step sound indicator, etc. are some of the other features found in the VTech baby monitor. The mount for the cameras come with the package to make the installation as easy as possible for you.
- High-resolution display and camera
- 1000 feet of range
- Temperature monitoring
- 9-step sound indication
- Volume control buttons
- Included sound pack
- Secure video and audio transmission
- Manually adjustable camera
- One camera included
- Less indoor range
- 5" High-resolution Display - Clearly see your baby's every little move while doing dishes or from your bed. The high resolution LCD screen shows images in full color by day, and greyscale infrared images at night, bright and clear without glare. And if you needs to see close up - the camera zooms 2x.
- Best-in-class Battery Life and Range - With up to 12 hours of video streaming, up to 21 hours of audio-only monitoring, on a single charge, this system lets you monitor your baby throughout the night easily. The system's dependable long operation range up to 1,000 feet, lets you go about your day and stays connected with your baby from another room or even from the yard.
- Privacy Guarranteed. No Wi-Fi or App Pairing - Trusted by US families for more than 3 decades, each VTech monitor is transmitted via secured internal 2.4GHz channel with FHSS technology, so you can rest assured that you're the only one who can hear and see your baby.
Babysense Video Baby Monitor comes in two different versions. One has one camera, and the other one has two cameras included in the package. It’s an HD streaming unit so you have a maximum vision regarding your child.
The display is very portable in a 2.4-inch size. As the most units on my list, this one is equipped with infrared technology as well. Preprogrammed lullabies and the two-way talking feature make it a very convenient option for new parents.
The included cameras can be manually adjusted with the parent unit. You can either mount them on the wall or let them stand in a convenient location. The 2x zoom feature comes in handy when you have to go in on your baby.
- Decent range of 900 feet
- Integrated night vision
- Compatible with more cameras
- Temperature monitoring
- A secure connection between the modules
- Multiple mounting options
- Relatively smaller screen
- Zoom might not be adequate
- No automatic camera adjustment
- HAVE A PEACE OF MIND – Our Baby Monitor with Camera allows monitoring your baby’s sleep with 2.4 Inch High Quality Color LCD Display, providing high quality and stable streaming, secure hacking-free connection and crystal clear digital vision & sound. Your baby deserves the best care.
- SOOTHE & COMFORT YOUR BABY: Use the two-way audio or the programmed lullaby sounds to calm your baby remotely. So you can comfort your baby with the sound of your own voice, sometimes our little angels just need to hear our voice!
- STAY CONNECTED TO YOUR BABY – There's nothing more stressful than not knowing what your little one is doing. That is why our Babysense portable baby monitor features long range of up to 900 feet (OPEN SPACE), which does not require wifi (no hacking risks) and allows you to move freely in your house or yard and sleep better at night.
With my insights on the products above, you should have a substantial idea about which non wifi baby monitor to choose. But that’s just half of the equation. The other half depends on how effectively you can use baby monitors to keep your baby safe.
It’s an obvious one, but many parents mistakenly keep their best non wifi baby monitor in the baby’s reach. Babies are curious and they will try to reach for the device and might injure themselves in the process.
As these are electrical components, keep the devices away from the babies. At least 3 feet. Don’t put the monitor, the camera, or the display anywhere near the crib. Also, make sure to read the owner’s manual properly to understand safe operations.
Water is the number one enemy of electronics. So, keep your non wifi baby monitors away from water. Don’t take the device to the kitchen or the bathroom as well.
Heat is harmful to baby monitors as well. Direct sunlight can damage the batteries inside and cause a life-threatening situation.
Again, non wifi baby monitors are electrical components, and they might have cords. And if it has a cord, it’s plugged in. As babies are curious in nature, it’s very normal for them to reach for the cords.
Make sure that you hide the cords and keep your little one from harm. You can use your carpets, window blinds to hide the cords as well.
The Ultimate Tip: Don’t Rely on Baby Monitors too Much!
As parents, your attention is the most valuable thing to your baby. While baby monitors are invented to aid you in the process, don’t let them do all the work. Make sure to physically check up on the baby to ensure everything is safe and sound.
From what we’ve seen so far, Infant Optics DXR-8 Baby Monitor is the winner for me. It’s equipped with everything that you can hope for from the best non wifi baby monitor. The technology has matured with help from real customer feedback. The awards speak for themselves.
To learn more, you can check out this handy review of the DXR-8!
The DXR-8 baby monitor being the winner doesn’t mean that the other products are bad. Each of them has their place in my heart, so it’s also a matter of individual preference.
Hope you find this article useful. If you have questions or feedback, leave them below in the comments section!
Last update on 2022-01-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API