Babies love to swing, it is practically in their DNA! When the warmer months roll around, you will probably want an outdoor baby swing so you can both enjoy the nice weather. Having the best outdoor baby swing will allow you to keep your little one in view when you are outside with your other little ones or taking care of yard work.
Not only will you be able to see your baby, but also keep them content thanks to the swinging motion. An outdoor baby swing will quickly become a backyard must-have for you and your family.
- Swinging Safely
- Outdoor Baby Swing: Our Top Picks Summarised
- 1. Little Tikes 2-in-1 Snug ‘n Secure Grow With Me Swing
- 2. Swing-N-Slide 40” Nest Swing
- 3. SportsPower My First Toddler Swing
- 4. Monkey & Mouse Secure Canvas and Wooden Hanging Swing Seat Chair
- 5. EcoTribe Wooden Horse Toddler Swing Set
- 6. Step2 Infant to Toddler Swing Seat
- 7. Little Tikes Princess Cozy Coupe First Swing
- 8. Squirrel Products High Back Full Bucket Toddler Swing
- 9. Safari Swings High Back Full Bucket Kids Swing Seat
- 10. HAPPY PIE PLAY & ADVENTURE Secure Canvas Hanging Swing Seat
- 11. Eastern Jungle Gym Heavy-Duty High Back Full Bucket Toddler Swing Seat
- 12. TP Toys Quadpod Adjustable 4-in-1 Swing Seat
- How To Choose An Outdoor Baby Swing
- Our Top Pick
Swinging through fresh air. Suspended over the ground. These are two qualities that make choosing the right swing for your baby very important. Though swinging may be child’s play it still has an element of danger even for the gentlest boys and girls. You want your baby swing to be safe and enjoyable for your little one.
You can’t just hang an indoor swing outside. Outdoor baby swings are specially designed to be exposed to the elements so its materials won’t break down and potentially pose a safety hazard. The swing should also be age-appropriate. This means ergonomically suitable for your little one and having safety features like a seatbelt.
There are so many swings to choose from and they suit a variety of backyard designs. Some can hang from an existing set or tree branch while others come with their own suspension system. Choosing and looking for the best swing that fits your home, while remaining delightful and safe for your baby is essential.
You may be interested in: Top 12 Picks of Best Baby Swing of the Year
Outdoor Baby Swing: Our Top Picks Summarised
1. Little Tikes 2-in-1 Snug ‘n Secure Grow With Me Swing
The Little Tikes 2-in-1 Snug ‘n Secure Grow With Me Swing has a lot to offer to both babies and toddlers. The T-bar crotch strap rotated up and down so you can easily get your child in and out. When it is rotated to the up position it fastens to the shoulder straps, holding your little one snugly in place.
The swing can hold up to 50 pounds. When your child reaches that weight they may not need the T-bar. It can be flipped down and conveniently stored away under the seat.
This durable and gender-neutral seat is perfect for all little ones who love to swing back and forth in the outdoors.
- T-bar storage system for older children
- Comes with durable outdoor rope
- Includes S-hook attachments
- Included ropes are very short
- The plastic body may crack if exposed to extreme temperatures
- Easy-in hinged T-bar
- Stay-put shoulder straps hold baby securely in place
- As the child grows and doesn't require the T-bar or straps, they store conveniently out of the way
2. Swing-N-Slide 40” Nest Swing
Perhaps your baby has outgrown their baby swing set, and you are looking for the next model or a new type of swing, check out the Swing-N-Slide 40” Nest Swing. This child swing is very cool, consisting of a hammock-type material supported by a sturdy saucer-shaped ring. It provides a cozy spot for one, two, or even three kids to hang out!
The durable nylon is tough, breathable, and allows for drainage so it can be left outdoors all summer. You can also remove and wash the cover if you like. The supportive corded ropes connect to an adjustable chain that works with any type of swingset or attachment system. The steel tube won’t bend under pressure and supports up to 200 pounds.
- Huge size, 40” diameter
- Swing is suitable for older kids
- Supports up to 3 kids/200lbs
- The nylon cover is removable and washable
- Easy to assemble
- Includes quick links and adjustable chain
- Not suitable for younger children and babies
- No safety restraint/straps
- The fabric takes time to dry after getting wet
- TODDLER FUN: Swing set is great for both indoor and outdoor play for infants 9-36 months old
- HEAVY DUTY: Constructed of lightweight yet sturdy powder-coated steel construction for durability
- PORTABLE: Swing Set folds down for easy storage and transport so your little one can swing anywhere!
3. SportsPower My First Toddler Swing
Outdoor baby swings are wonderful, but many are attached to play sets or structures. Not the Sportspower My First Toddler Swing! This type of swing comes with its own frame. You can take it with you on a camping trip, use it in your home, or just move it about your yard. Both the swing and the frame are very sturdy even though it is extremely portable.
This swing is excellent for little ones who can sit up on their own and it will continue to delight until your child is 55 pounds. The included harness with crotch buckle and safety bar won’t let your baby fall out. What makes it such an excellent portable swing is the powder-coated steel frame that neatly folds down.
- Collapsible steel frame
- Five-point safety harness with bumper bar
- Can be used indoors or outdoors
- Can hold up to 55 pounds
- Less than 10 minutes to assemble
- The chair cannot fold down for storage
- Not suitable for babies who can’t sit up on their own
- Must be assembled on flat ground
- For backyard residential use only; unable to ship to a commercial address
- 4- 33" Curved sections assemble into a 40" Diameter steel tube with foam padding for comfort
- Supports up to 3 children or 200 pounds
4. Monkey & Mouse Secure Canvas and Wooden Hanging Swing Seat Chair
The Monkey & Mouse Secure Canvas and Wooden Hanging Swing Seat Chair is a cozy canvas chair ideal for relaxing either inside or out. Constructed from UV protected fabric and marine-grade rope it is both durable and so comfortable, just like a hammock! The panels and seat pad are washable, making swing care a breeze. The natural beechwood toys on the handlebar and rope offer some entertainment to young ones as they swing.
Your child will adore swinging in this swing no matter where you hang it. Simply buckle them in with the lap belt and they are ready to take off!
- The seat pad is removable to make extra space
- Canvas materials are machine washable
- Swing comes with natural wood toys
- Shouldn’t be left outside for long periods
- 👌🏽 DURABLE AND SAFE - Stringent testing and high quality natural materials such as double-sided cotton canvas fabric, marine-grade rope and lockable carabiners ensures that your little one will swing securely. The bucket swing seat is deep and comfortable, and backed by warranty & support.
- 🙌 FUN AND HANDS FREE - Take a seat and watch your baby, infant or toddler swing and grin as they enjoy the outside with wind in their hair and engage in exploring the sensory wooden toys while you catch-up on cooking, set it up at an outdoor picnic, on a swingset in the park, or for a few minutes to catch your breath from the busy day and watch the kids swings.
- 🎁 A GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING - A thoughtful present to buy for holiday celebrations, baby showers or infant and toddler birthdays from friends, family and grandparents alike. Show them that you care with a quality present that's guaranteed smiles. Gift wrap option available!
5. EcoTribe Wooden Horse Toddler Swing Set
Searching for a baby swing for outside that is eco-friendly yet versatile? The EcoTribe Wooden Horse Toddler Swing Set may be just the thing. This swing is made with chemical-free natural materials in the form of a sturdy wooden horse-shaped wide bucket and cotton ropes that withstand a maximum weight of 44 pounds.
The seat is constructed with smoothed, rounded birch wood for safe, durable swinging while leaving room for your child to wiggle around. The thick rope allows for hang length adjustments up to 2 metres, making the swing a great addition to the porch, patio or as a tree swing.
The wooden swing itself has a high back, with the horse head to prevent from falling out of the swing, and a handlebar. This type of swing is perfectly supportive for children ages six months to thirty-six months. Whether your little one wants to swing indoors, outdoors, or even at grandma’s this swing has got you covered!
- Adorable horse shape
- Environmental-friendly swing
- Easy to setup
- Multiple hanging options
- Requires further proofing to be left outdoors
- Wooden Horse Toddler Swing Set - Baby Swing Outdoor & Indoor - Smooth Birch Wood with Natural Finish & Cotton Ropes - Eco-Conscious Toddler Bucket Swing Chair, 6 Months to 3 Years
6. Step2 Infant to Toddler Swing Seat
Infants who love to swing usually turn into toddlers who love to swing. The Step2 Infant To Toddler Swing Seat is a great adjustable swing that will last your child through the years. This swing can accommodate an older infant all the way to up to a fifty-pound toddler. The shoulder strap and belt harness system keep infants and toddlers- or any sized child safe and secure.
The restraint system design also makes the swing easy to load your child into. No simple task when you have to lift a toddler up and buckle them in. This swing is gender-neutral. Made of tough materials, it is easy to clean and weather resistant. The outdoor hardy rope is sure to hold up to numerous swing sessions for your child and their siblings.
- Easy load design
- Plastic crotch harness and should straps
- Grows with your child
- Included rope may be too short for some
- Buckles can be difficult to release
- Toddler fits snugly and securely in this easy loading comfortable swing seat
- A swing set with a restraint system that will keep the child secure
- Includes weather resistant rope. Weight limit on swing: 50 pounds
7. Little Tikes Princess Cozy Coupe First Swing
Cozy Coupe is known for its adorable little cars that toddlers love to drive around Flintstone style. The Little Tikes Princess Cozy Coupe First Swing has a cute Cozy Coupe body on the frame of a swing. Your little girl will delight in flying through the sky in this pink car.
It is large enough for toddlers but also suitable for younger ones. This type of swing with its high back seat for babies is perfect for those who are new to sitting up. The buckle seatbelt will hold any size rider securely in place.
The included rope easily attaches to any existing swing set, making it the perfect addition to your yard.
- Includes weather resistant rope
- Durable outdoor safe plastic
- Includes steering wheel with horn
- Ropes may need to be lengthened
- The pink body can be prone to fading in the sun
- Seat belt to keep baby in place
- Steering wheel with horn for added fun
- Attaches easily to an existing swing set
8. Squirrel Products High Back Full Bucket Toddler Swing
Bucket swings are a childhood classic, and the Squirrel Products High Back Full Bucket Toddler Swing is no exception. However, this type of swing puts a few twists on the traditional. The high back provides added comfort and security for riders.
The unique pinch protection technology is perfect for little hands. The fully dipped chain and triangle attachment mean that little fingers won’t get pinched in the chain.
Available in four different colors, your toddler will want to swing for hours in their new favorite swing. The extra-deep seat and wide-leg holes accommodate a variety of ages and sizes so their favorite outdoor baby swing won’t go out of style any time soon.
- The seat is non-toxic and extra durable
- Pinch protection technology saves little fingers
- Included chains are very strong and sturdy
- Costlier than other swings
- No seatbelt
- OUTDOOR FUN: Squirrel Products presents the Bucket Swing with safety grip technology! Attach this swing to any playset for babies and toddlers who aren't ready to be alone on an open swing yet.
- PINCH-FREE DESIGN: Our swings include 66” of metal chain with the lower 30” dipped in non-toxic plastic to protect little hands and fingers. Our unique design ensures that kids are safe while swinging in comfort!
- DURABLE AND DEPENDABLE: Complete or update your current playground with our toddler swings! All of our swings are made of high quality materials to ensure hours of safe fun and years of play
9. Safari Swings High Back Full Bucket Kids Swing Seat
If you have an existing playset and want to turn it into a baby playground, consider the Safari Swings High Back Full Bucket Kids Swing Seat. This traditional baby outdoor swing is what you will find at most public playgrounds. Its single-piece durable plastic seat is long-lasting and very easy to maintain. It also suits a wide range of ages and weights, accommodating children from six months old to four years.
The stainless steel hardware won’t rust and the galvanized chain will not break. The chain is coated in plastic to keep little fingers from getting pinched and offer a comfortable grip. It includes everything you need to attach it to your current playset; setup is a breeze.
- Easily attaches to an existing structure
- Durable single-piece plastic seat
- Stainless-steel hardware and chain with plastic coating
- Adjustable chain height
- High Back bucket-seat provides good support
- Plastic is susceptible to extreme heat or cold
- No seatbelt or restraint
- It may not fit larger toddlers
- PREMIUM QUALITY: The Safari Swing seat set is MADE IN THE USA, constructed with high quality durable plastic and top grade components. New and improved with updated STAINLESS STEEL hardware with plastic coated galvanized chain!
- WHATS INCLUDED: One high back full bucket swing seat, 67" of coated chain and two 3" quick links
- SPECS: Commercial Grade 3/16" Galvinized Chain. 9 inch bucket seat depth. Back is 11.5 inches tall. Across diameter is 10 inches. Front to Back diameter is 11.5 inches. 6 month to 4 year age.
10. HAPPY PIE PLAY & ADVENTURE Secure Canvas Hanging Swing Seat
Maybe you don’t only want a baby swing for outdoors, but one that can be used inside as well. The HAPPY PIE PLAY & ADVENTURE Secure Canvas Hanging Swing Seat can do double duty and be used inside or out.
Its unique canvas structure is extra comfy while also being accommodating of various sizes and ages. The cotton fabric is also very strong, supporting up to 50 pounds. The natural beech wood bars compliment the canvas nicely.
This swing has a host of cool features. Its height is adjustable. It also includes wooden toys made from beech wood. The high capacity carabiners and extra strength O rings are ideal for making your child’s swinging experience as safe as possible.
- Great for indoor or outdoor use
- The adjustable rope extends from 49” to 57”
- Available in four colors
- No seatbelt feature
- Doesn’t work well for babies, best for toddlers
- ATTRACTIVE DESIGN: Comes with length adjustable rope, range from 49’’ to 57’’, and the detachable cushion feel more comfortable and safety. We believe your child will have more fun to play with it.
- SATISFACTORY QUALITY: We focus on looking for long time and acquire wood & canvas for our Swing, the durable structure and comfortable design will accompanied your child for the whole childhood.
- REASSURING: Especially Designed for children from 6 mouths to 3 years old, that made of Durable Canvas and High Quality wood, Ensure your children’s safety when they play with our swing.
11. Eastern Jungle Gym Heavy-Duty High Back Full Bucket Toddler Swing Seat
The Eastern Jungle Gym Heavy-Duty High Back Full Bucket Toddler Swing Seat is a heavy-duty version of the traditional bucket-type swing found on playgrounds across the country. This extra-durable swing is perfect for the outdoors, the copolymer plastic will hold up to sun, wind, rain, and more. The chains are equally as sturdy. They are steel coated in yellow plastisol so they are gentle on little hands and won’t pinch. At 66” long and adjustable, they can be sized for most swing sets.
The bucket-seat is deep and has a high back. It is extra supportive for little ones of all sizes. This is one tough swing that will be a staple in your backyard playground for years to come.
- High back bucket supportive for young children
- Coated chains prevent pinched fingers
- Adjustable chains allow you to choose swing height
- Chain links are too narrow for some swing set attachment hooks
- Fully assembled, fully enclosed and features a high back for additional support and safety;Material Details : Polyethylene
- Swing chains are approximately 66" long; bottom 30" of chain is coated in yellow plastisol for a soft, pinch-free grip
- Attaches to most swing beams up to 9' high and features 2/0 swing chains that are zinc-coated
12. TP Toys Quadpod Adjustable 4-in-1 Swing Seat
The TP Toys Quadpod Adjustable 4-in-1 Swing Seat might just be one of the safest outdoor baby swings for infants, toddlers, and children. This highly versatile swing transitions from a high back swing, to a bucket swing, and finally to a classic platform seat. The universal fastener fits each different style and it is a breeze to transition between the different swing stages.
The nylon rope and rugged molded plastic will allow this swing to last you for years, long enough to use every one of its available swing styles.
- Can hold up to 77 pounds, rated for 6 months to 8 years of recommended age
- Includes shoulder harness and lap belt
- Comes in fun and bright colors
- T-bar may be prone to breaking
- SWINGSET ACCESSORIES: The fantastic TP Toys Quadpod is an adjustable 4-in-1 swing seat designed to grow with your child’s ages and stages, for years of outdoor fun and play.
- INGENIOUS & STYLISH: The Quadpod innovative design incorporates four perfectly dimensioned seats to suit children of different sizes; as young as 6 months, all the way up to 8 years.
- 4 SAFE & COMFORTABLE SEATS: Mode 1: cocoon seat -neck support for young babies. Mode 2: cradle seat -back support. Mode 3: bucket swing -side and back support. Mode 4: single platform seat.
How To Choose An Outdoor Baby Swing
So how do you pick the perfect swing? There are a few things to keep in mind. As previously mentioned, safety is paramount. But you also want to think about your child’s age and size, as well as their preferences and your yard setup. If you’re choosing between the best outdoor baby swings, read on. Here is a breakdown.
Safety Standards. Your little one’s developmental stage will play into what safety measures and features are necessary. But for almost all children, some sort of restraint is usually necessary. This can be in the form of a seatbelt, shoulder harnesses, or even just the molded design of the swing. Depending on your child’s age, you want to make sure the swing can swing back and forth for them not to fall out or get out on their own.
Swing Size. Swings come in different sizes, each size is usually appropriate for a particular age range. Do you need a high back swing or can your child use a bucket seat? Some swings are convertible, allowing them to adjust to your kid’s age. Thankfully because you are outdoors, space shouldn’t be an issue.
You may be interested in: 10 Best Baby Swing for Small Spaces Worth The Money
Yard Setup. How you plan to suspend your swing is an important thing to consider. Some swings are made to be attached to a swing set. Other models can hang from a tree limb. Further still, some outdoor baby swings come with their own suspension system, like a miniature swing set.
Portability. Chances are you won’t be moving outdoor swings from place to place. However, if your little one is an absolute swing enthusiast, you may want a portable baby swing. In this case, you will need to look for a swing that has its own form of suspension or can easily be hung (safely) on whatever is available.
There are a variety of outdoor baby swings in the market, each with a range of features. Choosing the right swing doesn’t have to be difficult, just remember that your top priority should be safety.
Our Top Pick
Whether you are on the hunt for outdoor baby swings or a toddler swing we hope this list gave you a few great options. There is a wide variety of swings out there that can suit your particular needs and preferences. Just remember to choose one that is high-quality and safe for your little one.
We love the Little Tikes 2-in-1 Snug ‘n Secure Grow With Me Swing and feel that it deserves the title of best overall due to its features, comfort, and durability. It can last your child from six months through toddlerhood with its stow-away straps and spacious seat.
We hope you have fun with your baby swing outdoors, happy swinging!
Last update on 2021-09-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API