Convenience, portability, and peace of mind. Pack ‘N Play and playards are a safe place to lay your baby whether you are a family on the go or using it within your own home.
Playards are useful for having a contained space to keep your baby out of trouble, a safe space for them to play, or even as a changing table with the attachment. But are you wondering, “can my baby sleep in a pack and play?”, the answer is almost always yes!
As long as the playard is set up correctly and being used properly, they can be a great place for baby to sleep. We will cover the best pack and play for sleeping, be it for a short nap or a restful night’s sleep.
Our favorite among the listed top picks of Pack ‘n Plays for sleeping goes to the Baby Trend Lil Snooze Deluxe Nursery Center but if you are looking at other options, read on to find your ideal playard for baby!
- Summary of 12 Best Pack N’ Play & Playard for Sleeping- Our 5 Favorites
- A Plethora of Playards
- Choosing the Ideal Playard
- 12 Wonderful Playard & Best Pack and Play for Sleeping
- 1. Evenflo Portable BabySuite Classic
- 2. Lotus Travel Crib
- 3. Baby Trend Nursery Center
- 4. Joovy New Room2 Portable Playard
- 5. Graco Pack ‘n Play Newborn2Toddler Playard
- 6. Delta Children LX Deluxe Portable Baby Play Yard
- 7. Fisher-Price On-The-Go Baby Dome
- 8. 4moms Breeze Plus Portable Playard
- 9. Chicco Lullaby Portable Playard
- 10. Ingenuity Smart and Simple Packable Portable Playard with Changing Table
- 11. Graco Pack ‘n Play Portable Playard
- 12. Baby Trend Lil Snooze Deluxe Nursery Center
- Our Top Sleeping Spot
Summary of 12 Best Pack N’ Play & Playard for Sleeping- Our 5 Favorites
A Plethora of Playards
There are many different types of pack and plays, but a few select brands tend to dominate the market of baby products, such as Graco Pack ‘N Play range of playard, Baby Trend and Evenflo, to name a few. However, just because you are familiar with the brand doesn’t mean it is the best product for you and your little one.
Choosing the right pack and play will ensure your baby is not only safe but comfortable. This is especially true if your little one is very likely to often fall asleep in play yards. To reduce the risk of SIDS, babies require a safe sleep space.  Therefore, you will want to thoroughly do some research on pack n plays before purchasing one.
Choosing the Ideal Playard
So how do you select the top pack and play for infant sleeping? There are a few considerations to keep in mind as you review the best playard choices for babies.
Safety Guidelines. According to recommendations by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), sleep practices should be your primary concern.  These include a firm sleep surface with a tight-fitting sheet and no soft bedding, bumpers, blankets, pillows, or toys. It is important to evaluate the sleep and play surface of the pack and play, both the mattress and the bassinet attachment if it has one. Additionally, the sides should be constructed from a breathable mesh. Thankfully, this is standard on most options out there in the market.
Ease of Use. You want to make sure that your pack and play is easy to use. This means that it should have an easy setup, simple to take down, and transport. This can also include convenience features such as: will it fit through most doorways? Does it include a travel carrying case? How much it weighs and is it easy to clean?
Many modern pack and plays like the Babybjorn Travel Crib Light are made to be easily transported either from room to room in your house or to an entirely different destination, such as baby’s grandparents house. However, they vary in size and weight. If you have limited living room in the house, consider getting play pens that are great for small spaces.
Special Features. Many pack and plays available today come with a few different features. Some have a bassinet attachment that can be used when a newborn is sleeping in a pack and play. Others offer built-in storage, a changer, a mattress with varying heights, and even an interactive mobile. You will have to decide which features are most important to use as each “add-on” can increase the play yards’ weight and decrease its transportability.
Age. Though it can be tempting to purchase a gently used pack and play for a lower price, it is recommended that you buy one new. This way you can be certain of its history and confident that it was always used correctly, not modified, and has all of its parts.
12 Wonderful Playard & Best Pack and Play for Sleeping
Now that you know what to keep an eye out for, we will review some great examples of useful and safe pack and play options for sleeping.
1. Evenflo Portable BabySuite Classic
The Evenflo Portable BabySuite Classic is a simple no-fuss pack and play designed for optimal portability. It may not have a great deal of features but it is lightweight and effortless to use. This rather inexpensive pack and play is an ideal playard for those who travel or plan to frequently move it from room to room in their home.
- The mattress doubles as a tummy time mat that can be used on the floor
- Very compact when in use and doesn’t take up much space
- Comes with carrying case
- The mattress is thin and not the most comfortable
- Can be difficult to get sides to lock into place
- Convertible Floormat: Converts to play mat and can be used with toys to provide a comfortable space for tummy time
- Quick and Easy Set Up: Easy to set up and take-down, can be moved from room to room and great for travel
- Carry Bag: Convenience when you are on-the-go
2. Lotus Travel Crib
Families on the go will appreciate the Lotus Travel Crib as one of the best pack and play for sleeping. It is so portable and compact that it comes with its own travel bag backpack carrying case which is super easy to carry. In addition to its portability, it’s comfortable, featuring a plush foam mattress that has been approved for newborn and infant sleep. It can also act as a play pen for your child.
- Side mesh panel can be unzipped for cuddling or playing or zipped and locked for sleeping
- Weighs only 13 pounds
- Nearly full coverage mesh for breathability and maintaining a clear line of sight
- A bit pricey
- The mattress is not of standard size so you must purchase special sheets
- Mattress and crib bottom rest on the ground and are not elevated
- WORRY-FREE AIRPORT TRAVEL - Designed to be easy to fly with the compact, light backpack carrying case. Set up is simple in 15 seconds and only weighs 13 lbs packed.
- CERTIFIED SAFE & NON-TOXIC - The only playard with GreenGuard Gold non-toxic certification (low voc & no lead, phthalates, pvc, heavy metals, etc). Full-height mesh guarantees best, breathable airflow.
- QUIET SIDE ZIPPER DOOR - Nurse or cuddle your little one to sleep, then just zip the lockable access door. Easier on your back, and when it’s time to play & crawl, more fun!
3. Baby Trend Nursery Center
If you are looking for an amazing pack n play for a newborn to sleep in, consider the Baby Trend Nursery Center. The playard has it all: a full bassinet, a mobile, and a diaper stacker. This product offers the convenience of nursery essentials in a portable structure. If you are looking for a Baby Trend twin nursery center similar to this pack n play, this playard model will cater well to your twin babies.
- Has two large wheels that lock for effortless transport
- Lightweight yet sturdy
- Sides can be locked into place with one hand
- Available in different colors and patterns
- Playard is wobbly without mattress in the bottom
- Sides can be hard to unlock and collapse
- Removable full size bassinet
- Handy diaper stacker and mobile
- One hand locking mechanism
4. Joovy New Room2 Portable Playard
The Joovy New Room2 Portable Playard offers plenty of space with nearly 10 feet of playard area and it is one of the best playards for twins. The top to bottom mesh walls mean you can always see your little one. This pack and play can be used for sleeping but is ideal for giving your baby a safe space when you have to leave the room for a moment, from newborn stage until they are old enough to be able to climb out.
- Fitted sheet is included
- Two durable wheels make it easy moving from room to room
- Very durable, can be used with toddlers up to 35lbs (about three years old)
- Heavier and bulkier than standard playards
- Square mattress requires special sheets
- May have a strong odor when first removed from packaging
- Support two babies from 0M+ up to 35” tall
- Compact fold with travel bag
- Large mesh windows provide a 360° view in and out
5. Graco Pack ‘n Play Newborn2Toddler Playard
The versatile Graco Pack ‘n Play Newborn2Toddler Playard offers seven modes to accommodate infant sleep all the way to toddler sleep. It has a bassinet as well as a mattress in addition to a changing area and storage compartment, making it one of the most suitable pack and plays for newborn sleeping. The elevated mattress bassinet can be removed to make it compact for travel or to function as a toddler cot.
- It can be used with two kids at once. Either with cot and pack and play or with cot and bassinet attachment
- Sleeper bassinet lined with soft washable fabric
- Water resistant changing area for hassle-free wipe clean
- Takes 15-20 minutes to assemble on average
- Complicated directions
No products found.
6. Delta Children LX Deluxe Portable Baby Play Yard
The Delta Children LX Deluxe Portable Baby Play Yard is a lightweight and sporty playard perfect for busy families. It may be compact but still manages to include snap-on storage, a bassinet, and a changing area. The hanging plush toys will keep your baby entertained too. The included carrying case means it is ready to go whenever you are!
- Includes mobile with hanging soft toys
- Comes in pleasing gender-neutral colors
- The changer is effortless to take off and put on yet very sturdy
- One of the best budget-friendly options
- The mattress is more of a thin mat
- May not be very durable
- RECOMMENDED USE: Deluxe Play Yard features a removable full size bassinet and changing table; Bassinet holds up to 15 pounds; Changing Table holds up to 25 pounds; Play Yard holds children up to 35 Inches tall
- FUN FOR BABY, EASY FOR YOU: Removable mobile arm with hanging plush toys engages early visual development; Removable changing table station features waterproof surface; Snap on hanging storage compartment for diapers, wipes and other toiletries
- TRAVEL FRIENDLY: Quick and compact fold; Includes carrying bag for fuss free travel or storage; Easy to pack; Great mini crib alternative; Two wheels allow for easy movement from room to room; Easy to assemble; no tools required
7. Fisher-Price On-The-Go Baby Dome
Though not recommended for overnight sleeping, the Fisher-Price On-The-Go Baby Dome is perfect for naps. This circular Playard conveniently folds so that it can be taken nearly anywhere. Once set up the full coverage dome provides protection from the elements and pests. Therefore, it’s probably the most comfortable pack n play for outdoor use. The firm mattress pad and mesh sides offer a safe space for your baby to play or snooze, which still makes it fall under our list of the finest pack and play for sleeping.
- Includes attention-grabbing mobile and plush toys
- Less cumbersome than a standard pack and play
- Comes with a removable and machine washable sleep pad
- It can only be used if your baby cannot push up on hands and knees, sit up unassisted, or pull upward.
- Once legs are on they are very difficult to remove
- The pad is only held on by Velcro so ambitious babies may be able to remove the pad
- 2-in-1 portable infant play space and napping spot, perfect for at home or travel with your baby
- Dome can be used indoors or out
- Gray canopy protects your baby from the sun's rays (UPF 20) and netting keeps the bugs out
8. 4moms Breeze Plus Portable Playard
The 4moms Breeze Plus Portable Playard makes assembly a breeze for a portable pack n play playard. Its one-handed open and one-handed close is as simple as it gets when you’re a busy mom. It is also easy to move around thanks to its light weight. This portable pack and play for sleeping grows with your child thanks to its removable bassinet and mattress pad.
- Very lightweight
- Includes carrying case
- Compact and perfect for small spaces
- The mattress can only be used with 4moms sheets
- May not be durable, after frequent use arms may no longer fold
- Opens or closes in one step
- Quick set up
- Includes removable bassinet & changer
9. Chicco Lullaby Portable Playard
A full-sized Playard can be better for sleeping, such is true with the Chicco Lullaby Portable Playard. This large pack and play provides plenty of room but still assembles in a snap, making it one of the most convenient pack and play for sleeping toddlers. The full-size bassinet and changer snaps onto the playard and can be flipped back and forth to suit your needs. The functionality of this playard can accommodate your baby from the infant- all the way up to the toddler stage!
- Large changing station with vinyl cover supports weight up to 25lbs
- Comes with a set of removable, simple zip-off and machine-washable fabric pieces
- Large carry bag and rubberized wheels makes it travel-friendly
- Bulky in size
- Could be slightly difficult to assemble
Chicco Lullaby Portable Playard
- Offers years of all-in-one comfort and convenience with a full-size infant bassinet, detachable changer and a large toddler playard for use up to 30 pounds.
- Sturdy snap-on changer with easy-clean vinyl cover and parent storage organizer for diapering essentials
- Removable floorboards and a zip-off, machine washable mattress pad for easy cleanup
10. Ingenuity Smart and Simple Packable Portable Playard with Changing Table
The Ingenuity Smart and Simple Packable Portable Playard is a nursery-to-go. This multifunctional playard includes an infant sleeper, changing area, and storage pockets. The mattress has two height options which make it easy for your child to reach. This portable nursery serves as a great option as one playard suitable for sleeping when you need a secure space for your little one.
- Newborn sleeper lined with comfortable plush
- Fulfills multiple needs
- When the mattress is used at the upper level there is little support and the mattress may slope to one side
- Keeps baby safe from playtime to naptime. The maximum weight recommendation is 30 pounds and the minimum weight recommendation is 6 pounds
- Portable Playard with bassinet and changing table
- Bring wherever you go foldable and on wheels
11. Graco Pack ‘n Play Portable Playard
The Graco Pack ‘n Play Playard is simple, affordable, and safe. It is the great for those on a budget. It may not have a plethora of attachments but it makes up for it in ease of use. The playard opens and closes easily with automatic folding feet and push-button fold side rails. The airy mesh and firm mattress provide a secure and comfortable space for your little one to snooze.
- Sturdy and extra large, enough for older children
- The mattress fits most standard size playard sheets
- Pad is firm but not soft or thick
- Middle of the mattress may sink in slightly with heavier children
- For children unable to climb out, under 35" tall. Automatically folding feet and wheels allow for a more compact fold
- Organizer keeps baby essentials close at hand. Durable frame makes this playard ideal for travel
- Signature Graco push-button fold makes closing your playard quick and hassle-free. Pack n Play Graco Playard features handy wheels for added convenience
12. Baby Trend Lil Snooze Deluxe Nursery Center
If you would like a playard that goes beyond just a sleep space, consider the Baby Trend Lil Snooze Deluxe Nursery Center. It includes a flip-over changing pad, a deep bassinet, a suspended mattress, and side storage pockets. This trendy playard comes in multiple patterns and colors. The deep napper bassinet includes airy mesh sides and a toy bar with two toys. This is perhaps, in our opinion, the best playard for newborn sleeping and playtime.
- Plenty of storage
- Very practical for small spaces as an all in one infant station
- Changer and sleeper fabrics are not removable and can be difficult to wash
- Initial setup can be a bit complicated
- Napper bassinet for infant with mobile and removable full bassinet
- Flip over changer makes changing your child simple and easy
- 1-hand locking mechanism and storage bag for easy folding for storage and travel
Our Top Sleeping Spot
Clearly, there are many great options when it comes to best pack and play for sleeping.
Upon choosing a playard you should weigh the usefulness of attachments against the increase in weight and size. Above all, the pack and play should be safe and preferably brand new.
When it comes to selecting the best playard for newborn sleeping, the Baby Trend Lil Snooze Deluxe Nursery Center takes the cake. Unlike other bassinet attachments, many parents love the depth of this sleeper which ensures your baby won’t roll out. The unique swing-out changer is convenient and aided by the attached diaper storage. Overall, this is a safe, sturdy, and multifunctional playard.
Many of the pack and plays on this list have awesome features, but the ideal playard for you depends on your needs and wants. Hope this article serves as a good guide for you!
Last update on 2021-10-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API