Step into the world of double strollers for babies and you will be overwhelmed by the many different brands and models, each promising to be the perfect baby gear for your children. There’s a category of tandem strollers, then you have sit and stand strollers, and also, side by side double strollers.
Just when you thought a single stroller is enough, why would you want to invest in double strollers right? But you see, a double stroller is handy for when you are blessed with babies who are twins or you have two kids whose ages are below four, and you don’t want to still be carrying one tot while only one of them gets to enjoy the cushiony stroller seat.
However, how does the best side by side double stroller come into play? This type of stroller is designed especially for infants and young toddlers of the same age or who have about the same weight. And if you are looking for ideas on such a stroller, this list of side by side double stroller reviews is for you!
10 Best Side by Side Double Strollers
If you are a new parent, you may be confused as to which stroller type is best suited for your babies. Here are some factors you should consider when deciding between buying the best side by side double stroller or tandem stroller:
Stroller occupants. Think about who you’re getting the double stroller for – is this for your newborns and are they twins? Or are you buying for an infant and toddler instead? If your babies are still infants and twins at that, or you have two kids that are of the same weight, then your best bet will be getting a side by side stroller. Otherwise, a tandem stroller works.
Ease of attaching travel system. Will your babies need to be supported by baby car seats or will they be safe just sitting in the stroller? Get a side by side stroller with car seats if you have newborns as infant seats can cushion the impact of rough movements better. Also, side by side double strollers allow for easier access when attaching the baby travel system over tandem strollers.
Ease of access to babies. This is referring to your convenience in tending to your little ones hassle-free. Newborns may require more supervision and frequent checks so the best side by side double stroller will be great, otherwise, you can get a front to back stroller for your less fussy children.
Stroller size. Side by side strollers tend to be bulky in terms of width while tandem strollers can be too long. Consider your convenience in transporting the stroller from one place to another as both have their own limitations in size.
Now that you have decided that the best side by side double stroller is the one for your family, how do you go about choosing one? Let us go through the following main considerations:
This is the most important thing to look out for when getting a side by side stroller. You would want a durable design with safety features like harnesses since the stroller will be carrying two weights. Make sure to also check the maximum recommended weights for the stroller to know if your babies fit.
Determine if you are going to be using the side by side stroller for general use or activity-specific purpose. Standard strollers are good for regular short strolls on the streets. Jogging strollers are built to complement your jogging habits while all-terrain strollers are great choices if you frequently traverse across a variety of harsh terrains.
Even the best side by side double stroller is known to be very wide but some can be a little overboard in width, forgoing practicality for the sake of user comfort. Try picking a side by side stroller that fits through doors to avoid major difficulties entering shops, theme parks or buildings with narrow entrances.
You would want a side by side stroller that is also easy enough to fold and store in your car as you will be bringing the double stroller out for use.
Side by side strollers are known to have limited infant car seat compatibility choices. Make sure to find one that is suitable for adding the range of baby car seats you have (if you need to attach them to it).
Extra features are always nice-to-haves that make caring for your children easier. If you highly appreciate user convenience, consider looking for one that comes with snack trays, cup holders, a large storage basket, multiple compartments and peekaboo windows.
Time to reveal our thoughts about the best side by side double strollers for babies! Here are our ten product reviews:
One look at the Britax B-Lively Double Stroller and you will find it to be a no-nonsense baby gear. This stroller is like a dream come true for most parents with its lightweight aluminum structure plus self-standing one-hand foldability for easy storage without compromising durability and security for babies.
This Britax side by side stroller can accommodate babies up to 50 pounds for each seat – your kids up to 6 years can even ride in it! It comes with adjustable handles that tall parents will appreciate, with all-wheel suspension and one-step-lock parking brakes system for smooth and safe navigation along the streets.
The seats can be separately reclined in infinite ways. The stroller is compatible with BOB infant car seat too, however, you need a separate adapter for that. You will also love the spacious storage basket and six pockets for storing items, and the cool peekaboo windows on the independent UV50+ shades.
- Lightweight for regular use
- Nice modern design
- Single-hand quick fold with self-standing support
- Five-point harness for safe rides
- Endless recline possibilities
- Compatible with Britax & BOB infant car seats
- No parent tray and cup holders
- No bassinet attachments
You may want to read: Best Strollers for 5-Year-Olds
- All new side by side double stroller with infant car seat compatibility, self-standing enhanced storage, adjustable handlebar and improved features
- Travel system ready: Compatible with 1 Britax or BOB infant car seat (adapter sold separately)
- Lightweight stroller with all wheel suspension, linked parking brake, and self standing quick fold
The Joovy Scooter X2 Double Stroller is a popular favorite amongst parents and what’s not to love about it when it ticks almost all the criteria in our best side by side double stroller checklist in terms of ease of use and safety?
Measuring 30 inches wide, this compact side by side double stroller can pass through standard doors while carrying up to two 45-pound tots without breaking a sweat. Your babies will have a good time sitting (and napping) snugly in the seats that can recline independently based on individual preference up to 149 degrees. The footrest can also be adjusted separately too.
You don’t have to worry about your kids bouncing out of the stroller as it comes with five-point harnesses and a bumper bar that is removable to keep them safely tucked in. When you need to stop the stroller and keep it in place, just step on the linked parking brakes.
Its large sealed bearing wheels make strolling more effortless, and the nylon material is tough enough for years of usage. Apart from that, it has 2 parent cupholders plus 2 large zippered pockets to keep your essentials, overall perfect for a wonderful stroll with your children.
- Seats & footrests can be independently adjusted
- Huge storage & large canopy
- Two convenient cup holders for parents
- Strong wheels with sealed bearings
- Durable & easy to use
- Handle height not adjustable
- Cannot attach infant car seat
You may be interested in: 5 Best Strollers for a Walk-up Apartment
- NARROW 30” FRAME means this side by side double stroller fits through almost any door, navigates narrow checkout lines with ease, and meets Disneyland / Disney World stroller size requirements
- MULTIPLE SEAT RECLINE POSITIONS and adjustable footrests so each of your little ones can customize their ride, making this a perfect baby and toddler stroller
- EXTRA-LARGE CANOPY with peek-a-boo screens means that even with all that sun protection, you can still keep an eye on your precious cargo
If you are looking for a super lightweight side by side stroller that grows with your family of twins or multiples, the ZOE XL2 The Twin+ Stroller is a great option. Weighing only 19 pounds, this is one versatile stroller that can expand from a double stroller to a triple and even a quad by adding on car seats in tandem at the rear.
The large wheels are well made to handle every bump and jostle on the road as your babies relax side by side in comfort accompanied with their snacks and drinks in the convenient child snack cup and two child cup holders. You can store many items such as toys, diapers and other baby necessities in the stretchable storage space below.
When your little ones feel tired, the large extendable canopies will keep them well covered from the sun as they nap in the deep recline seats. The sturdy padded harnesses and double belly bar help ensure they remain safe throughout their outdoor stroll-ventures.
This deluxe stroller can withstand up to 50 pounds for each seat. It takes just a few seconds to fold the stroller into one compact form thanks to its simple collapsible mechanism. And did we mention there are nice magnetic peekaboo windows to check on your kids?
- Folds very compactly
- Easy to lift and carry
- Quiet, smooth ride
- Tall handles
- Highly versatile due to its expandability into triple and quad strollers
- Great Disney-approved stroller
- Wheels could have been larger for improved maneuverability
- Handles non-adjustable
- Not recommended for big kids
No products found.
Baby Jogger is one of the reputable brands when it comes to baby strollers and we expect no less from its City Mini 2 Double Stroller. Sighting a modern design perfect for the city look, keep your babies in comfort with adjustable seats and calf support while being shaded from the harsh sun with a fully extendable UV50 protecting canopies.
Each seat can carry up to 50 pounds. Your babies will be safely secured with 5-point harnesses as they enjoy their stroll with their sibling side by side. The undercarriage storage provides a big room to store baby essentials that you can easily access either from the front or back. It’s also easy to fold with just a pull of a strap.
For extra convenient features, you can customize this best side by side double stroller with gear accessories like a double pram, glider board, child snack tray and parent console for placing your items. It is also a side by side double stroller compatible with Graco car seat and many other car seat brands including Chicco, Peg Peregro, UPPABaby and more. All these accessories are sold separately.
If you want a rather sleek and lightweight side by side stroller with good maneuverability, this is a great option.
- One-step foldability
- Compatible with many different car seats
- Easy to navigate for a smooth ride
- Customizable with convenient accessories (sold separately)
- Peekaboo windows
- Not reliably self-standing after folded
- Unfolding process not so user-friendly
- Inconvenient recline mechanism
- With a sleek, nimble, and lightweight design, this is the perfect everyday double stroller for running errands or wandering downtown with your children
- Customize your ride for 4 different modes of use as a single or double with an infant car seat, pram, or glider board (sold separately)
- Create a travel system with most Britax, Cybex, Graco, and Maxi Cosi infant car seats (adapters for other brands' infant car seats sold separately)
Jogger parents will delight at the Baby Trend Expedition Double Jogger Stroller – this stroller is designed to carry two children weights from six to 50 pounds each while being durable enough to handle the bouncy jogging strides. Staying fit while having kids is easy with this stroller!
The large pneumatic rubber tires make jogging and travelling a breeze while keeping your little ones safe, strapped with 5-point harnesses within its comfortable multi-recline seats. Taking a break from strolls is easy by pressing on the rear parking brake and keeping the front swivel wheels locked. And when your babies are done using them, the stroller folds beautifully into a compact size that fits simply into your car.
There’s two small storage baskets and compartments large enough to hold your babies’ snacks, toys and diapers. It also comes with a parent tray for holding two cups. If you are looking for a great side by side jogging double stroller with all the convenience basics like cupholders and easy-fold mechanism in place, consider this model then.
- Great for jogging with kids
- Super compact fold
- Lightweight yet sturdy
- Large rubber tires for smooth all-terrain navigation
- Parent tray included
- Cannot attach car seat
- Does not easily fit through doorways
- Short canopy shade
- Not for newborns
- Quick release wheels for storage and travel
- Lockable front swivel wheel
- Ratcheting shade canopy with peek-a-boo window
Another lightweight best side by side double stroller, Kolcraft Cloud Plus is a rather affordable option if you are searching for a sleek yet functional travel stroller for day trips. This 31-inch wide stroller is made to be travel-friendly that passes through any standard-sized doors, even the land of Disney approves of it.
Twin babies as young as 6 months old can start travelling in this stroller, which can accommodate up to 40 pounds for each seat. The seats come with five-point safety harnesses and can be reclined, though not completely flat. Folding and storing it is pretty simple, just pull up on both sides of the stroller and you have a self-standing folded structure.
The awesome thing about this stroller is it comes with trays with 2 cup holders, one for parents and two removable ones for the kids so you and your babies can have your favorite drinks and snacks on the go. There are two baskets underneath the seats for carrying your babies’ necessities accessible from the front and back.
The three-tier canopies help to keep your children well protected from the sun. There is also a peekaboo window that allows you to check on them every now and then.
- Passes through most standard & Disney doors
- Good fold-and-stand frame for storage ease
- Lightweight for travel
- Easy assembly & maneuverability
- Parent tray and removable children trays included
- Large, fully extendable canopies
- Not for newborns, does not accept infant seats
- Low maximum weights
- Brakes slightly difficult to engage
- SIDE BY SIDE LIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN: Travel-friendly stroller design (only 23 lbs) makes this a perfect stroller for traveling. The width fully assembled is 31 inches which allows this stroller to easily roll through most standard doorways
- LARGE SUN CANOPY: Three-tier, extended canopy for maximum sun protection and coverage. A peek-a-boo window so you can easily check on your little one while on the go
- RECLINING SEAT: Reclining seat offers 5-point safety restraint system and accommodates child to 40 pounds per seat. (80 lbs total) Seat does not recline completely flat. Seat Width - 12.5 Inch
In need of a budget side by side double stroller for your twin babies? The Delta Children City Street LX Stroller may be what you are looking for in terms of price, size and functionality.
This is one compact and lightweight stroller that meets Disney’s requirements without sacrificing durability. Soft 5-point straps keep your babies up to 35 pounds each tucked in the simple seats securely while the shock-absorbing front wheels can swivel 360 degrees to make traveling on the city streets or going on a vacation a smooth and easy experience.
The sweet European style canopies keep your little ones comfortably shaded. Seats can be adjusted to recline slightly for your tots to take some shut-eye. While it doesn’t come with an undercarriage storage, it has large mesh pockets behind each seat for storing items and a parent cup holder.
This is a good side by side double stroller to get if ease of travel, lightweightness and affordability are your main concerns when getting a double stroller.
- Simple, easy to fold structure
- Lightweight and highly portable
- Meets Disney’s requirements and fits through standard doors easily
- Very affordable
- Good for travel
- Available in four attractive colors
- Poor brake design
- Need to attach extra sun shade to fully cover babies
- Not suitable for tall parents
- Low maximum weights
- Recommend for children up to 35 pounds; Large European style canopy; Two storage bags and parent cup holder with two attachment points; Meets Disney size requirements
- Five point safety harness; 360 Degree swivel shock absorbing front wheels
- Lightweight frame; Compact umbrella fold for easy storage and travel
Another awesome jogging stroller selection , the Baby Jogger Summit X3 Double Jogging Stroller spells quality, from its sturdy build down to user comfort, making it a great contender in this best side by side double stroller list.
Bring your babies out on a comfortable ride on air-filled tires and all-wheel suspension system that absorb all ride impacts effortlessly. The brakes can be activated by hand to grant you better control of the stroller on rough or hilly terrains.
You can easily convert between two modes of use via a button’s press on the handlebar: jogger and stroller mode. The jogger mode will keep the front wheel locked to keep up with your jogging or running, while the stroller mode releases the front wheel lock so you can easily navigate the stroller at your leisure.
Your children will be seated snugly side by side in the deep well-padded seats that can be reclined to an almost flat position for a short snooze. The large sun canopies can be adjusted to either shade them completely or retracted when not in use. There are also peekaboo windows for checking on them and side vents for better airflow.
While this is not a side by side stroller with infant seat, this baby gear is great for newborns and kids up to 5 years of age of maximum weight of 50 pounds each. It may be expensive but it’s a great all-rounder kind of stroller for such a price range.
- Great for jogging & all terrains
- All-wheel suspension system good for smooth strolling
- Can change between jogger or stroller mode
- Deep seats & near flat recline good for newborns
- Adjustable canopies
- Large storage basket
- Does not accept infant car seat
- Handlebar not adjustable
- Tires can become flat and require pumping
You may want to read: 10 Best All-Terrain Stroller for Your Baby
- Patented quick fold technology allows you to fold your double jogging stroller in one step
- 16 inches rear and 12 inches front air filled tires with front wheel lock mounted on the handlebar for easy conversions between jogger and stroller mode
- All wheel suspension system soaks up road bumps and hand operated rear drum brakes give better control on hilly or uneven terrain
The Summer 3Dpac Double Stroller is a side by side stroller with car seat compatibility without the need for extra adapters! You can pair with Chicco KeyFit 30, Chicco Fit2, Graco SnugRide Click Connect and Baby Trend Secure Snap Gear 35, however, only one car seat can be added at a time.
This is a stroller that grows with your kids, from the use of a car seat when one of them is still an infant, and becoming the ideal toddler double stroller that can carry up to 50 pounds maximum for each seat. Lightweight and compact, this stroller is also built for easy storage and foldability to make travelling and using the stroller a hassle-free experience.
Take your littles ones out on a sunny day without fear since the canopies are adjustable to completely shade them, and you can take a peek at them via the peekaboo windows. The seat’s multi-recline feature and padded leg rests will keep them comfortable throughout their ride.
There’s a huge storage basket to place all your must have baby items, and parent storage pockets for extra space to keep mobile phones, keys and other accessories. It also includes a parent cup holder to hold your favourite drink in place.
- Can be used from birth (with car seat) to toddler
- Extra large storage
- Compactly fits into car trunk
- Great for infant & toddler combo
- Easy-to-operate single step brake system
- Thick padded seats with 5-point safety harnesses
- Folding & unfolding may be tricky
- No parent and child trays
- Limited car seat compatibility
- LIGHTWEIGHT, COMPACT DESIGN – A lightweight stroller makes any outing a little easier; The Summer 3Dpac CS+ Double Stroller has a lightweight frame (just 23 lbs.) for quick pick up and go; Plus, an easy compact fold with auto lock and carry strap
- CAR SEAT COMPATIBLE – Use your car seat - no adapter needed; Compatible with Graco SungRide Click Connect, Chicco KeyFit 30, Chicco Fit2, Baby Trend Secure Snap Gear 35 & Summer Affirm 335 only; Only 1 car seat can be used at a time; No snack tray
- MULTI-POSITION RECLINE - Keep your little ones comfortable with the multi-position seat recline & leg rests; Plus, the adjustable extra-large canopies have a flip out sun visor & peekaboo window; Maximum weight for this double stroller: 50 lbs per seat
The sleekest model in our list, the Evenflo Minno Twin Double Stroller is only 27 inches wide, and is sure to stroll through any standard door without a problem. Apart from that, this lightweight umbrella stroller model also makes carrying and storing it after use a less strenuous task having weighed less than 26 pounds.
Your twin children will be in for a smooth enjoyable ride thanks to its cushioned seats and front-wheel suspension. Pushing it is a breeze, and you can lock the front wheels in place for easier navigation control and step on the rear brake locks when you need to pause the stroll for a bit. The self-standing feature makes stowing it away a truly convenient process, all with just a one-hand operation.
The recline-able seats plus three-position footrests can be independently adjusted for your babies’ extra riding comfort. Your precious tots will be well shaded from the elements with the stroller’s broad canopies with extended visors.
This stroller also keeps parents’ convenience in its design, reflected by the sports-style angled handles for comfortable maneuverability and generous mesh baskets for storing baby items. You will also be glad that this stroller comes with one parent cup holder to keep your drink close while you and your kids are on the go.
- Very sleek & compact
- Quick assembly
- Great for airport travel
- Self-standing one-handed folding mechanism
- Sports-style handlebars for comfortable grip
- Affordable option with basic stroller necessities present
- Simple one-step rear brakes
- Not for newborns
- Does not accept car seats
- Safety buckles hard to adjust
- No parent & child trays
Also read: 5 Best Strollers for Airplane Travel
- Compact Fold: Release foot pedal, grab handle and pull up to close with 1 hand - self-standing so no need for parent to bend over
That’s a wrap on our list of the best side by side double stroller picks! We hope our reviews help shed some light when it comes to choosing the right double stroller for your babies and you.
If you are still unsure of the best choice for your family, here are our top favorites to consider:
- Best Affordable: Delta Children City Street LX Stroller
- Best for All-Terrain: Baby Jogger Summit X3 Double Jogging Stroller
- Best Lightweight & Compact: Baby Jogger City Mini 2 Double Stroller
- Best for Newborn/Infants: ZOE XL2 The Twin+ Stroller
- Best Overall: Britax B-Lively Double Stroller
We find the Britax B-Lively Double Stroller hits all our requirements when it comes to strolling with two babies, in terms of safety, durability, convenient storage and handling. While it doesn’t come with a parent console or child trays, we find the other features that are more important to us already compensate for the minor inconveniences.
Which one would you pick from the list? If you enjoy reading this article, do help us share it to those in need!
Last update on 2024-03-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API