Any parent of multiple siblings knows that competition for a ride on the stroller is fierce. Everyone wants to ride along, especially if you are doing a lot of walking. However, some double and triple strollers are not practical due to their size and weight. Instead, you may want to find the best sit and stand stroller.
Our best overall sit and stand goes to Chicco BravoFor2 Standing/Sitting Double Stroller! We love the sleek design, plus the features it has makes it truly value for money in our opinion.
Of course, the Chicco stroller is only one of the best models we come across – there’s more! These baby strollers conveniently have a place for each child without being too bulky. We have scoured the reviews, Q&A’s, specifications, and more, and found the following top sit and stand stroller models.
Our Top 8 Picks of The Best Sit and Stand Stroller
Why A Tandem Stroller is the Way to Go
A stroller is a staple of childhood. From infant to young child, a stroller is a very practical baby gear, a huge part of a complete baby travel system. On trips to the zoo, the fair, or almost anywhere for that matter, a stroller makes hauling your little one around much easier.
But what happens when a sibling enters the picture? Of course, the baby needs to use the stroller. However, your toddler may still be too young to be able to (or want to) walk long distances. This is where a stroller with standing platform, also known as a sit and stand stroller, comes in handy.
These strollers have a traditional seat, or two, and also a platform on which an older child can stand. This allows them to remain somewhat lightweight and compact.
Double, and triple, strollers can be too wide to fit through doorways. Too bulky to fit in a car, even when folded. And all-around difficult to use. Sit and stand strollers offer a spot for more than one child to ride, and sometimes the stand portion can be tucked away when not in use. These strollers are much simpler to push, store, and haul, making your life easier.
Two Times the Considerations?
As with most baby items, there is a vast array of sit and stand strollers. But they are not all created equal. Pay close attention to the features of the best sit and stand stroller and consider how they will meet your needs when looking for a stroller with toddler stand.
Age and Weight Accommodation.
Sit and stand strollers are designed for more than one child. Additionally, they are made for a toddler or young child to stand (or sit) on a spare seat. However, they may have varying ages and weight accommodations. Pay attention to these specifications compared to your children’s ages so that you can get the most life out of your best sit and stand stroller.
Because of their multiple seating options, these strollers are inherently bigger. Still, some options are more compact than others. Do you need a streamlined stroller that maneuvers and stores easily, or is size not really an issue?
Ways to Ride.
The name sit and stand might be a little deceiving when it comes to a few best sit and stand stroller models. You can find strollers that are as simple as a frame for a car seat and a standing board for older children, while others have up to twenty different ways to ride. The age of your children will weigh into this decision.
Would you be lost without your cup holder and storage tray? Or can you get by with just a basket? As with all types of strollers, each model has a variety of different comfort and convenience features. Don’t forget to consider comfort and convenience features for parents, like cupholders and a cellphone holder, in addition to features for your children.
Last but certainly not least, safety should be one of your top concerns. This can mean a five-point harness, a braking system, and more. Be sure to check out safety ratings before you make your choice. Safety features should apply not only to the child seat, but also to the ride along platform and bench seat. This will ensure each child using the best sit and stand stroller is safe and secure.
Does it seem like a lot to keep in mind? Don’t worry, we have considered all of these factors and will outline them in our product review!
8 Great Sit and Stand Strollers
#1 Joovy Caboose Ultralight Graphite Stroller
First up is the Joovy Caboose Ultralight Graphite Stroller. This model strives to be compact and lightweight, while also providing parents with a host of features.
Its narrow frame makes it easy to maneuver, even with two children. It isn’t prone to tipping though. The four-wheel design and wide base make it extra stable and safe.
There are a few ways to ride. The stroller includes a traditional stroller seat, or the frame can accommodate an infant carrier. For the older child, there is a standing board or a small seat. The huge retractable canopy extends both forward and backward to cover both children.
It isn’t short on convenience options. There is a child’s tray that works with the traditional seat. There is also a parent storage pocket complete with two cup holders. The lower storage basket has ample space so you can bring along each child’s necessities. This best sit and stand stroller is awesome for siblings!
- Includes two storage options
- Has universal car seat adapter
- Durable sealed ball bearing wheels
- Compact flat fold
- Tight turns are difficult
- Parent console is not structured (fabric)
- The lightest weight, most compact, and maneuverable double stroller available allows your older child to sit and stand on the rear platform or bench seat. 22 pounds
- Includes parent organizer and a universal car seat adapter that fits most major brands. Check the Joovy website for the most recent list. Never allow a rear seated child to use the canopy as a hand hold
- New rear seat canopy extension protects the rear seated child. Also compatible with the Caboose Rear Seat that adds a full size, forward facing rear seat (if your older child is still too young to stand)
#2 Baby Jogger City Select LUX Stroller
The Baby Jogger City Select LUX Stroller is a highly versatile tandem stroller. It offers parents 20 different riding configurations. It can easily accommodate children of varying ages with its attachments. Such as the car seat adapter, riding board, bench seat, or second child seat.
Riders can face you, each other, or look out at the world. Each child seat has its own canopy and recline, keeping little ones comfy. The child seat even has rotating calf support for an even more enjoyable ride.
This super lightweight sit and stand stroller is easy to store and transport. It has a compact fold with an auto-lock feature so it won’t accidentally pop open. The stroller also has a myriad of safety features.
Parents will appreciate the hand braking system that allows you to decelerate and enable the parking brake. The large wheels are extra durable and sit on a wide and sturdy base. They are all-terrain, and the front wheel swivels, enabling you to go nearly anywhere. The five-point harness keeps all occupants safe and secure.
When it comes to comfort and convenience there are many inclusions. Each seat has its own sun shade canopy. In addition, both seats have storage pockets on the back; and a large storage basket can be found underneath. Those pushing will love the adjustable handlebar that can be customized to the user’s height.
Available in four different colors, what’s not to love about this best sit and stand stroller?
- Twenty different configurations
- Hand braking system
- Numerous accessories available (such as a parent tray and shopping tote)
- Difficult to fold
- Hard to recline both child seats at once
- Car seat adapter does not fit all models of car seat
- Converts from a single to a double stroller; most riding options of any single to double stroller; 25 percentage more riding options than City Select, with the bench seat accessory
- Seats can be front facing, parent facing, or sibiling facing; folding stroller, including auto lock, folds 30 percentage smaller than City Select; hand operated decelerating and parking brake, all in one control.Do not use bleach, solvents or abrasive cleaning materials
- All terrain stroller features all wheel suspension and locking front swivel wheels for control; telescoping handlebar adjusts to users of different heights; extended UV50 plus canopy with peek a boo window keeps baby shaded
#3 Baby Trend Sit N Stand Ultra Tandem Stroller
The Baby Trend Sit N Stand Ultra Tandem Stroller is a deluxe sit and stand stroller. Whether you have two infants, two older children, or an infant and a toddler, this stroller is for you. It can be used with an infant car seat, a child seat, or an older child using the bench seat or standing board.
If you only have one child along for the ride, the lightweight yet broad frame keeps things balanced and sturdy. The swiveling front wheels allow you to navigate busy streets or crowded sidewalks with ease. Dual parking brakes ensure that when it is time for a rest, your stroller won’t go anywhere.
Go ahead and take-along snacks and drinks for everyone, the dual child cupholders, child tray, and dual parent cup holders can effortlessly hold everything. A large lower basket and a parent’s storage compartment are ideal for all of your other necessities.
The plush child seat reclines, for optimum comfort. The large canopy protects delicate skin from the sun. A five-point harness keeps your little one safe and secure.
The best sit and stand stroller can handle up to two fifty-pound children, but it weighs just 25 pounds. With an easy one-handed fold, wipe-clean fabrics, and plenty of special features it may be the most convenient stroller you ever own.
- Parent tray and child tray both with dual cup holders
- The child seat is padded with removable cushions
- Very sturdy
- Wheel locks are hard to press
- Swivel tires jam easily
- Accommodates up to 2 children sitting in stroller seats, up to 2 in infant car seats, (sold separately) or one sitting and one standing. The product has a one hand fold
- Stroller allows your older child to stand on the rear platform or sit on the rear seat, care and cleaning - Spot or wipe clean
- Accepts one or two infant car seats (sold separately) and accommodates all baby trend infant car seats and select models from other brands to create a travel system
#4 Chicco BravoFor2 Standing/Sitting Double Stroller
If you want a smaller model, that still does it all, consider the Chicco BravoFor2 Standing/Sitting Double Stroller. When it comes to sit and stand strollers with car seat compatibility, this is one of the sleekest models.
It is perfect for everyday use with a single child, but just as easily converts to a tandem stroller when necessary. With an adapter, it accepts a variety of infant car seats, and you don’t have to remove the child seat first. As your infant grows, they will enjoy the plush child seat. It reclines and has a large sun canopy. A five-point harness is top of the line in safety.
Older children who want to jump on for a ride can stand on the ride-along board or use the bench seat. The bench seat has a three-point harness lap belt, a unique feature. The ride-along board has easy-grip handles and a backrest, two safety and comfort features not commonly found in sit and stand strollers.
A removable child tray keeps snacks, drinks, and toys close at hand. The sturdy parent tray with dual cup holders is the perfect spot for mom and dad’s belongings. A diaper bag can effortlessly be stored down below in the lower storage basket.
When you are done using the stroller, its smart fold function makes disassembly a breeze. Just pull the handle to collapse the stroller and rotate the front wheels inward, giving you a self-standing compact fold. The same handle can be used for carrying the stroller. This best sit and stand stroller is sure to keep all family members content and comfortable.
- Padded parent push handle
- Front swivel wheels for maneuverability
- Standing board and bench have extra safety features
- Self-standing when folded
- Cup holders are not that deep
- Child seat doesn’t recline flat
- Canopy is difficult to adjust
- Accommodates 2 children: front seat + Back seat/platform for big kids to ride or stand
- Front seat folds forward to accept Chicco Key Fit or Fit2 car seat, and includes 5-point harness, adjustable canopy, and detachable child tray
- Bonus back seat includes 3-point harness and folds up to make room for standing.Periodically wipe clean plastic parts with a soft damp cloth
#5 Graco Modes Duo Double Stroller
The Graco Modes Duo Double Stroller is hands down the most versatile sit and stand stroller. It has an unprecedented 27 ways to ride. You can attach two car seats, use the two child seats, or a combination of either with the standing board or bench.
The click connect function allows two infant car seats to be attached quickly and effortlessly. Each seat can face either forwards or backward, letting you tailor the experience.
The child seats are equally as comfortable and convenient. They too can face various directions. Each one has a full-coverage canopy to block the sun. They recline, are padded, and each has a removable arm bar complete with a cup holder. As your children age the harness converts from five-point to three-point.
When they’re old enough they can use the standing board or bench seat to hop on and off, riding as they please. The lower storage basket is huge, ideal for carrying all of your stuff. A parent cup holder keeps that much-needed coffee nearby. The versatility of this best sit and stand stroller makes it the only stroller your children may ever need.
- The one-handed fold can be done with both seats still attached
- Front swivel wheels can lock
- One step brakes
- Child riding platform has its own set of wheels
- Prone to rattling
- Bulky when folded
- Child seats don’t suit taller children
- Your purchase includes One Graco Modes Duo Double Stroller in Shift color | 2 Removable seats with trays and cup holders
- Stroller dimensions – 46” L x 25.5" W x 45" H | Seat space – 7.5” | Seat back – 17” | Stroller weight – 42 lbs. | Front/Rear seat max hold weight (each) – 50 lbs. | Rear wheel size – 8.5” | Front Wheel Size – 7.5”
- Accepts two Graco Snug Ride Click Connect Infant Car Seats
#6 Baby Trend Sit N Stand 5 in 1 Shopper Stroller
The Baby Trend Sit N Stand 5 in 1 Shopper Stroller is a great choice for parents looking for a balance of features and price. It offers five ways for your children to ride. Either with the infant carrier, the child seat, or a combination of either of the former with the standing platform or bench seat.
With an adapter, an infant car seat can be attached with ease. Your little one can rear face, so you can keep a close eye on them. Older children will be able to cruise in both style and comfort in the child seats.
These seats are plushly padded and use deluxe fabric. The oversized canopy extends far enough to protect nearly all of them from the sun’s rays. The five-point harness holds them securely, no matter which angle of recline they are in.
This stroller has a lot to offer parents too. The lower storage basket is covered with a magnetic lid. It is a large size and can be accessed from either the front or the rear. The parent console is a favorite thanks to its extra-deep cup holders and multi-directional cell phone positioner. This is an excellent stroller for daily errands and activities.
- Available in four colors
- Canopy is removable
- Compact fold
- Magnetic storage lid keeps things from falling out
- The handlebar is not adjustable
- Child seat does not recline flat
You may be interested in: Best Jogging Stroller Review
- 5 modes of use to accommodate your growing family
- Magnetec basket can hold up to 30lbs of parents' Key essentials.
- Comfort cabin includes removable extra-long canopy with UPF 50+ protection; Deluxe fabrics and padding provide premium comfort
#7 Joovy Caboose Graphite Stand-On Tandem Stroller
An extremely lightweight, and ultra-maneuverable sit and stand is the Joovy Caboose Graphite Stand-On Tandem Stroller. This model is similar to the upgraded model of the Joovy Caboose tandem but more compact.
It accepts an infant carrier when you use an adapter. It also has a child seat that can accommodate a child weighing up to 45 pounds. Whether you are using the child seat or an infant carrier, an older sibling can ride along. They can choose to ride on the standing platform or the rear-facing bench seat.
The child seat has a five-point harness to keep little ones secure. With three optional recline positions, they can sit back and relax. The extra-large canopy will keep them out of the sun. In fact, the canopy is so large, it extends to cover the ride-along bench seat. For safety, the bench includes a three-point harness.
A trigger fold system allows the stroller to be effortlessly collapsed. It folds nearly flat, making it simple to store or haul. The lightweight frame is a bonus when traveling and strolling.
Available in three different colors, this is a great stroller for parents who want a cute and functional stroller.
- Durable steel frame
- One-touch rear parking brake
- Extra-large canopy
- Can attach another child seat (sold separately)
- Wheels prone to squeaking
- If the child seat is all the way reclined bench seat cannot be used
- Most compact and maneuverable double stroller available allows your older child to sit and stand on the rear platform or bench seat , Care- Spot clean or seats can be submerged in water for deeper cleaning
- Includes a Universal Car Seat Adapter that fits most major brands. Check the Joovy website for the most recent list
- New 3 position front seat recline and larger sun canopy. Also compatible with the Caboose Rear Seat that adds a full size, forward facing rear seat (if your older child is still too young to stand)
#8 Baby Trend Sit n Stand Sport Stroller
The Baby Trend Sit n Stand Sport Stroller is a nifty little stroller that is perfect for when you are traveling with either one child or two. Its lightweight frame accepts an infant car seat that can be covered by the large canopy.
When an older sibling is riding along, they can use the standing platform or the rear bench seat. The canopy extends to cover both riders and even has a pull-out sun visor on each end. The infant car seat can be replaced with the child seat as your child ages.
Both the bench seat and the child seat have harnesses. The former has a three-point harness and the latter a five. The child seat includes a swing-away tray with an added cupholder. Perfect for keeping snacks close at hand. Your child will also love the comfortable padded armrests.
Parents will appreciate the extra-large storage basket, just the thing for a bulky diaper bag. The soft parent organizer and cup holders keep your essentials within reach.
- Easy to fold
- Not heavy
- Large canopy
- Has two-parent cupholders
- Child seat footrest is very short
- Difficult to turn
You may be interested in: 5 Best Stroller for Hiking Trails
- Accomodates up to 2 children sitting in stroller seats, an infant car seats, or one sitting and one standing
- Stroller allows your older child to stand on the rear platform or sit on the rear seat
- Accepts Baby Trend infant car seats to make a travel system
ALL ABOARD THE BEST SIT AND STAND STROLLER!
Looking through sit and stand stroller review after review can be tiring so hopefully, this list was able to make things a bit easier! If you are looking for a comfortable, safe, and convenient sit and stand stroller, the Chicco BravoFor2 Standing/Sitting Double Stroller is definitely worth a try.
Its sporty design is lightweight and very easy to maneuver. Even though it is compact, it is loaded with features that will keep your children safe and comfortable. It even has a few additions for parents too!
Ultimately, the best sit and stand stroller for you depends on your children’s ages and your priorities. In the end, any of these strollers would make a great addition to your baby collection.
Last update on 2021-07-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API