Any parent of multiple siblings knows that competition for a ride on the stroller is fierce. Everyone wants to ride along, especially if you are doing a lot of walking.
However, sometimes even the best double strollers aren’t practical due to their size and weight. Instead, you may want to find the best sit and stand stroller.
We have scoured the reviews, Q&A’s, specifications, and more, and found the following top sit and stand stroller models. From Chicco to Graco, Cybex, Baby Trend, and more, These baby strollers conveniently have a place for each child without being too bulky.
Let’s get into it!
- Why A Sit n Stand is the Way to Go
- Our Top Picks of the Best Sit and Stand Strollers Summarised
- 9 Great Sit and Stand Strollers
- #1 Joovy Caboose Ultralight Graphite Stroller
- #2 Baby Jogger City Select LUX Stroller
- #3 Baby Trend Sit N Stand Ultra Tandem Stroller
- #4 Chicco BravoFor2 Standing/Sitting Double Stroller
- #5 Graco Roomfor2 Stand and Ride Stroller
- #6 Cybex Gazelle S Stroller
- #7 Joovy Caboose Graphite Stand-On Tandem Stroller
- #8 Baby Trend Double Sit N Stand Stroller
- #9 Graco Ready2Grow LX 2.0 Double Stroller
- Two Times the Considerations?
- Common Sit and Stand Stroller FAQs
- Our Verdict
Why A Sit n Stand is the Way to Go
From infant to young child, a stroller is a very practical baby gear – you can say that it’s a staple of childhood. On trips to the zoo, the fair, or almost anywhere for that matter, the best stroller makes hauling your little one around much easier.
But what happens when an older sibling enters the picture? Of course, the younger baby needs to use the stroller. However, your older one may still be too young to be able to (or want to) walk long distances.
This is where a stroller with standing platform, also known as a sit and stand or tandem stroller, comes in handy.
These strollers have a traditional seat, or two, and also a platform on which an older child can stand. This allows them to remain somewhat lightweight and compact.
As double or even triple strollers can be too wide to fit through doorways, sometimes, depending on the model, they can be too bulky to fit in a car even when folded. Also, not forgetting all-around difficult to use.
Sit and stand strollers offer a spot for more than one child to ride, and sometimes the standing portion can be tucked away when not in use. These strollers are much simpler to push, store, and haul, making your life easier.
Our Top Picks of the Best Sit and Stand Strollers Summarised
9 Great Sit and Stand Strollers
#1 Joovy Caboose Ultralight Graphite Stroller
First up is the Joovy Caboose Ultralight Graphite Stroller. This model strives to be compact and lightweight, while also providing parents with a host of features.
Its narrow frame makes it easy to maneuver, even with two kids. It isn’t prone to tipping though. The four-wheel design and wide base make it extra stable and safe.
There are a few ways to ride. The stroller includes a traditional stroller seat, and the frame can accommodate an infant carrier. For the older child, there is a standing board or a small second seat. The huge retractable canopy extends both forward and backward to cover both children.
It isn’t short on convenience options. There is a child’s tray that works with the traditional seat. There is also a parent storage pocket complete with two cup supports. The lower basket has ample storage space so you can bring along each child’s necessities. We think this stroller is awesome for siblings!
- Lightweight and compact flat fold
- Includes two storage options that provide extra storage space
- Has universal car seat adapter
- Durable sealed ball bearing wheels
- Tight turns are difficult
- Parent console is not structured (fabric)
- Rear seat gets flimsy when the front seat reclines
- The lightest weight, most compact, and maneuverable double stroller available allows your older child to sit and stand on the rear platform or bench seat. 22 pounds
- Includes parent organizer and a universal car seat adapter that fits most major brands. Check the Joovy website for the most recent list. Never allow a rear seated child to use the canopy as a hand hold
- New rear seat canopy extension protects the rear seated child. Also compatible with the Caboose Rear Seat that adds a full size, forward facing rear seat (if your older child is still too young to stand)
#2 Baby Jogger City Select LUX Stroller
The Baby Jogger City Select LUX Stroller is a highly versatile siblings stroller. It offers parents 20 different riding configurations. It can easily accommodate children of varying ages with its attachments. Such as the car seat adapter, glider board, bench seat, or second seat.
Riders can face you, each other, or look out at the world. Each child seat has its own canopy and recline, keeping little ones comfy. The stroller seat even has rotating calf support for a smooth ride.
This super lightweight sit and stand stroller is easy to store and transport. It has a compact fold with an auto-lock feature so it won’t accidentally pop open. The stroller also has a myriad of safety features.
Many parents find themselves appreciating the hand braking system that allow users to decelerate and enable the parking brake. The large wheels are extra durable and sit on a wide and sturdy base. They are all-terrain double stroller swiveling front wheels which enable you to go nearly anywhere. The five-point harness keeps all occupants safe and secure.
When it comes to comfort and convenience there are many inclusions. Each stroller seat has its own sun shade canopy. In addition, both seats have storage pockets on the back; and a large storage basket can be found underneath. Those pushing will love the adjustable handlebar that can be customized to the user’s height.
Available in four different colors, what’s not to love about this stroller?
- Twenty different configurations
- Hand braking system
- Numerous accessories available (such as a parent compartment and shopping tote)
- Performs relatively well in rough terrain despite not being an all-terrain stroller
- Has the option to accommodate up to three children
- Not easy to fold
- Hard to recline both child seats at once
- Car seat adapter does not fit all models of car seat
- Converts from a single to a double stroller; most riding options of any single to double stroller; 25 percentage more riding options than City Select, with the bench seat accessory
- Seats can be front facing, parent facing, or sibiling facing; folding stroller, including auto lock, folds 30 percentage smaller than City Select; hand operated decelerating and parking brake, all in one control.Do not use bleach, solvents or abrasive cleaning materials
- All terrain stroller features all wheel suspension and locking front swivel wheels for control; telescoping handlebar adjusts to users of different heights; extended UV50 plus canopy with peek a boo window keeps baby shaded
#3 Baby Trend Sit N Stand Ultra Tandem Stroller
The Baby Trend Sit N Stand Ultra Stroller is a deluxe sit and stand stroller. Whether you have two infants, two older children, or an infant and a toddler, this stroller is for you. It can be used with an infant car seat, a child seat, or an older child using the bench seat or standing board.
If you only have one little one along for the ride, the lightweight yet broad frame keeps things balanced and sturdy. The swiveling front wheels allow you to navigate busy streets or crowded sidewalks with ease. Dual parking brakes ensure that when it is time for a rest, your stroller won’t go anywhere.
Go ahead and take-along snacks and drinks for everyone, the dual child cupholders, child platter and dual parent cup supports can effortlessly hold everything. A large lower basket and a parent’s storage compartment are ideal for all of your other stroller accessories or necessities.
The plush stroller seat reclines, for optimum comfort. The large canopy protects delicate skin from the sun. A five-point harness keeps your little one safe and secure.
This model can hold two fifty-pound children, but it weighs just 25 pounds. You can place an infant seat in the front or rear. With an easy one-handed fold, wipe-clean fabrics, and plenty of special features it may be the most convenient stroller you ever own.
- Child and parent trays both come with dual drink holders
- The child seat is padded with removable cushions
- Very sturdy
- Versatility of this model allows parents to use the infant car seat in the front or rear
- Wheel locks are hard to press
- Swivel tires jam easily
- Could be difficult to push on uneven surfaces
- Accommodates up to 2 children sitting in stroller seats, up to 2 in infant car seats, (sold separately) or one sitting and one standing. The product has a one hand fold
- Stroller allows your older child to stand on the rear platform or sit on the rear seat, care and cleaning - Spot or wipe clean
#4 Chicco BravoFor2 Standing/Sitting Double Stroller
If you want a smaller model, that still does it all, consider the Chicco BravoFor2. When it comes to sit and stand strollers with car seat compatibility, this is one of the sleekest models, as reflected in the price tag.
It is perfect for everyday use with a single child, but just as easily converts to a tandem stroller when necessary. With an adapter, it accepts a variety of infant seats, and you don’t have to remove the child seat first. As your infant grows, they will enjoy the plush child seat. It reclines and has a large sun canopy. A five-point harness is top of the line in safety.
Older children who want to jump on for a ride can stand on the ride-along board or use the bench seat. The bench seat has a three-point harness lap belt, a unique feature. The ride-along board has easy-grip handles and a backrest, two safety and comfort features not commonly found in sit and stand strollers.
A removable child platter keeps snacks, drinks, and toys close at hand. The sturdy parent compartment with dual mug holders is the perfect spot for mom and dad’s belongings. A diaper bag can effortlessly be stored down below in the lower storage basket.
When you are done using the stroller, its smart fold function makes disassembly a breeze. Just pull the handle to collapse the stroller and rotate the front wheels inward, giving you a self-standing compact fold. The same handle can be used for carrying the stroller. This stroller for big kids is sure to keep all family members content and comfortable.
- Padded parent push handle
- Front swivel wheels for maneuverability
- Standing board and bench have extra safety features
- Self-standing when folded
- Roomy storage basket that can be accessed from the front or rear
- Drink holders are not that deep
- Child seat doesn’t recline flat
- Canopy is difficult to adjust
- Accommodates 2 children: front seat + Back seat/platform for big kids to ride or stand
- Front seat folds forward to accept Chicco Key Fit or Fit2 car seat, and includes 5-point harness, adjustable canopy, and detachable child tray
- Bonus back seat includes 3-point harness and folds up to make room for standing.Periodically wipe clean plastic parts with a soft damp cloth
#5 Graco Roomfor2 Stand and Ride Stroller
If you read sit and stand strollers reviews, the Graco sit and stand stroller is bound to come up.
The Graco Roomfor2 Stand and Ride Stroller is lightweight, easy to push, and perfect for two riders. As a small sit and stand stroller, it really packs the features onto its compact frame. The spacious child seat has multi-recline functionality, a large tray with two mug holders, and an expansive canopy.
In the back, your older child can sit on the bench or stand on the riding platform. The secure grip handles help to keep your standing child safe while a five-point harness holds your little one into the seat.
The soft handlebar complete with two removable drink holders makes pushing everyone around a joy!
- Child seat lays flat
- Can be used with a second seat; no adapters are needed for click connect
- One-handed fold with storage latch
- Meets Disney size requirements
- Can only use bench or platform with car seat attached, not child seat
- Ratcheting canopy is loud
Graco Roomfor2 Stand and Ride Stroller
- Suggested Age: Newborn, up to 4 years
- Compatible With: All Graco SnugRide classic connect & click connect infant car seats
- Weight Limit: Up to 100 pounds
- Easy to Store: One-hand fold with storage latch
#6 Cybex Gazelle S Stroller
While the Cybex Gazelle S Stroller may not exactly be a cheap sit and stand stroller, it is an insanely convenient option. This petite model converts from a single to a double and even a triple.
It can accommodate a second seat without an adapter and be used with a standing board. These stroller attachments for a second child and third child allow the stroller to grow with your family.
A shocking 20+ configurations make this stroller a dream to use. Once you attach everything, it can still fold down quickly and efficiently, even as a sit and stand double stroller.
Luxury features like a leatherette handlebar, a 28 pound capacity storage basket, and a sleek aluminum frame make it a wonderful luxury stroller choice.
- Compatible with many types of car seats
- All-wheel suspension with shock absorption
- Child seat reclines nearly flat
- Height adjustable handlebar
- Each seat only accommodates 25lbs (50 lbs total weight limit)
- Sold at a higher price tag
Cybex Gazelle S Stroller
- Easily converts from a single to double stroller without additional adapters
- Designed to fold with two seat units attached to the frame
- Independent back and leg adjustments offer multiple configurations, allowing you to position your child for comfort
- Supports 20+ configurations of Gazelle S Seat Units, Gazelle S Cots, CYBEX infant seats or Shopping Baskets
#7 Joovy Caboose Graphite Stand-On Tandem Stroller
An extremely lightweight, and ultra-maneuverable sit and stand is the Joovy Caboose Graphite Stand-On Tandem Stroller. This model is similar to the upgraded model of the Joovy Caboose tandem but more compact.
It accepts an infant carrier when you use an adapter. It also has a child seat that can accommodate a child weighing up to 45 pounds. Whether you are using the child seat or an infant carrier, an older sibling can ride along. They can choose to either sit on the back seat or stand on the platform.
The child seat has a five-point harness to keep little ones secure. With three optional reclining seat positions, they can sit back and relax in the reclining front seat. The extra-large canopy will keep them out of the sun. In fact, the canopy is so large, it extends to cover the ride-along bench seat.
For safety, the bench includes a three-point harness. A trigger fold system allows the stroller to be effortlessly collapsed. It folds nearly flat, making it simple to store or haul. The lightweight frame is a bonus when traveling and strolling.
Available in three different colors, this is a great stroller for many parents who seek both a cute and functional stroller.
- Durable steel frame
- One-touch rear parking brake
- Extra-large canopy
- Can attach another child seat (purchased separately)
- Easier to maneuver compared to most other models on the market
- Wheels prone to squeaking
- If the reclining front seat is all the way reclined, the bench seat cannot be used
- Most compact and maneuverable double stroller available allows your older child to sit and stand on the rear platform or bench seat
- Includes a Universal Car Seat Adapter that fits most major brands. Check the Joovy website for the most recent list
- 3 position front seat recline and larger sun canopy. Also compatible with the Caboose Rear Seat that adds a full size, forward facing rear seat; Maximum Child Weight: 45 lbs each seat, 90 lbs total
#8 Baby Trend Double Sit N Stand Stroller
Perhaps one of the most compact options, the Baby Trend sit n stand ultra stroller makes it easy for the whole family to ride along. This baby trend sit and stand includes two full-sized child seats, a bench, and a riding platform.
If you’re looking for a sit n stand double stroller for multiples, it is a great option. We love that the baby trend sit and stand double stroller has a spacious lower basket, a parent stroller organizer with drink holders, and a swing-away child platter with a cup holder.
If you’re down a child for the day you can easily remove one of the child seats for a lighter push. Though even with everyone on board, its tandem design makes it a narrow and maneuverable sit and ride stroller.
- Covered parent compartment and child dish each with cup holder
- Variety of sit or stand options between removable child seats, bench, and platform
- Deep ratcheting canopies over each seat
- Easy to fold with one-handed folding mechanism
- Can accommodate infant seats
- Must straighten wheels to face forward before folding
- Not easy to get to the basket when everyone is riding
- Children can sit in the front and rear seats of this stroller or stand on the rear platform
- Removable rear seat converts stroller to traditional Sit N Stand. To clean the seat pad, use only mild household soap or detergent and warm water on a sponge or clean cloth
- One hand fold is fast and easy to use, large basket for storage. BPA free
#9 Graco Ready2Grow LX 2.0 Double Stroller
Another wonderful Graco model is the Graco Ready2Grow LX 2.0 Double Stroller.
It’s sleek in-line design lets it navigate and fold like a single stroller but it is actually a double. You can take all your kiddos thanks to the dual child seat, infant seat attachment points, bench seat, and standing platform.
Perfect for twins, it can carry two car seats. Each child has a comfy spot and the front seat even includes a removable arm bar with cup holder. Everyone’s belongings can be kept down below in the expansive lower basket.
- Removable parent cup holder
- One-handed compact self-standing fold
- Accepts two car stroller seats or child seats
- Full-size canopies with flip-out visors
- Unlike for the front seat, the rear child seat must be removed to use bench seat or platform
- Front seat doesn’t recline and cannot change positions
- Small-folding stroller rides like a double, but folds like a single stroller, making transport and storage easy
- Includes two stroller seats, a bench seat, and a standing platform for multiple options as your family grows
- Close-to-you rear seat makes connecting with baby easier
Two Times the Considerations?
As with most baby items, there is a vast array of sit and stand strollers – from double stroller sit and stand options to a stroller stand attachment. But they are not all created equal.
Pay close attention to the features of a specific stroller you’ve set your eyes on and consider how they will meet your needs when looking for a stroller with toddler stand.
- Age and Weight Accommodation.
Double stroller sit and stand options are designed for more than one child. Additionally, they are made for a toddler or young child to stand (or sit) on a spare seat.
However, they may have varying weight and age gap accommodations (eg. 2.5 years or more). Pay attention to these specifications compared to your children’s ages so that you can get the most life out of your choice.
Because of their multiple seating options, these strollers are inherently bigger. Still, some options are more compact than others. Do you need a streamlined stroller that maneuvers and stores easily? Or is size not really an issue?
- Ways to Ride.
The name sit and stand might be a little deceiving when it comes to a few models. You can find strollers that are as simple as a frame for an infant car seat and a glider board for your older one, while others have up to twenty different ways to ride.
The age of your children will weigh into this decision. Also, you should keep in mind that most sit-n-stand models are generally not designed for rough terrain or jogging, if you’re looking for a jogging stroller, consider looking for one listed with the ideal wheels and tires to accommodate.
- Special Features.
Would you be lost without your cup holder and storage tray? Or can you get by with just a basket? As with all types of strollers, each model has a variety of different comfort and convenience features.
Don’t forget to consider comfort and convenience features for parents, like extra storage space for cupholders and a cellphone holder, in addition to features for your children.
- Safety Features.
Last but certainly not least, safety should be one of your top concerns. This can mean a five-point harness, a braking system, and more.  Be sure to check out safety ratings before you make your choice.
Safety features should apply not only to the child seat, but also to the ride along platform and bench seat. This will ensure each child using the stroller is safe and secure.
Common Sit and Stand Stroller FAQs
What are the main differences between double strollers and sit and stand strollers?
Sit stand strollers can be double strollers, but not every double stroller you find will be a double stroller with a standing option. Double strollers usually have two seats, whether they be two child seats or two infant seat attachment points.
Double strollers with sit and stand commonly have two seats plus a riding bench and/or standing platform for a third child. And, a sit and stand stroller will usually have one stroller seat or infant seat attachment point and one bench/riding platform.
Certain models can even convert to a triple stroller with sit or stand options to accommodate bigger families of three children.
How do you use a sit and stand stroller?
Strollers with a standing platform aren’t that different from single strollers. You can place your younger child in the stroller seat or attach their car seat while the older one rides behind them.
They can stand on the stroller using the platform or sit on the bench seat. The top-rated sit and stand double stroller will feel, look, and act like your favorite single stroller.
How much weight can a sit and stand stroller hold?
The weight limits of baby strollers generally vary across each stroller type and from model to model. Say, similar to that of an umbrella stroller, a lightweight sit and stand stroller may only be able to hold 40lbs while a heavy-duty one can hold over 50 lbs.
For example, our top pick, the Chicco BravoFor2 can accommodate two kids up to 40lbs or 80lbs total. On the other hand, the Baby Jogger City Select LUX has a maximum weight capacity of 45lbs.
Can you put a car seat in a sit and stand stroller?
You will find sit and stand strollers with a car seat attachment point. Sometimes you need to purchase adapters and sometimes they are built-in.
There is even such a thing as a sit to stand double stroller that works with one or more car seats. Just be sure you follow manufacturer instructions so that your infant is safe. Adhere to car seat safety rules to protect your little passenger on board!
Things that you can do as a parent include: choosing a stroller seat that meets or exceeds the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 213 (which will be displayed on the product’s label) and learning how to install and secure it in place! 
Can you bring a sit and stand stroller to Disney World?
As long as your stroller is Disney size-approved, you can bring it to Disney World. Usually, you will want a compact sit and stand stroller to meet their strict size requirements.  For instance, the Joovy Caboose Ultralight Graphite Stroller on this list is a popular sit and stand stroller that meets their specifications as one of the best strollers for Disney.
Looking through sit and stand stroller review after review can be tiring so hopefully, this list was able to make things a bit easier! If you are looking for a comfortable, safe, and convenient sit and stand stroller, the Chicco BravoFor2 is definitely worth a try.
Its sporty design is lightweight and very easy to maneuver. Even though it is compact, it is loaded with features that will keep your children safe and comfortable. It even has a few additions for parents too!
Ultimately, what’s best for you depends on your children’s ages and your priorities. In the end, any of these strollers would make a great addition to your baby collection.
Last update on 2022-11-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API