Whether you have twins or multiples, keeping an eye on both your children simultaneously can be difficult. Parents and babysitters can’t be in two places at once, yet never want to leave a child unattended.
In situations like these, a split-screen baby monitor can be a lifesaver. However, there isn’t as big a market for dual view baby monitors, which can make finding the best split screen baby monitor challenging.
But don’t stress! We have created this helpful guide that outlines the pros, cons, and the best split screen monitor picks, such as:
- Best Overall: Motorola Halo+ Video Baby Monitor
- Best Affordable: Campark Baby Monitor
- Best Long Range: DBPOWER Video Baby Monitor
- Best Expandable: CasaCam BM200 Video Baby Monitor
- Best Portable: Motorola MBP36XL Video Baby Monitor
Our Best Split Screen Baby Monitor Picks for You
Baby monitors are very useful and have become a nursery staple. However, dual screen baby monitors are less well known but equally as helpful.
A split screen baby monitor is a monitor with the ability to show two video feeds. The best split screen monitors can show two feeds simultaneously.
However, you may also find a system that advertises a monitor with screen split but instead of showing two videos at once it allows you to easily switch back and forth between each camera.
The biggest advantage of a split screen baby monitor is the fact that you can see two video feeds at once. Instead of trying to carry around two parent units or having to log into two separate app accounts, a split-screen makes hearing and seeing both children at once hassle-free.
Another advantage is the fact that you will be alerted if a problem arises with one of your children while you are watching the other. Should one child cry, or their room becomes too warm, the monitor will alert you regardless if you are watching their video feed.
If you have twins, a split-screen monitor may be particularly advantageous for you, especially if they don’t share a room. You can install a camera in each child’s room and then watch and listen to both of them on a single monitor or baby monitor app. It can lessen the number of parent units you need and/or app profiles.
Not all baby monitors with multiple cameras have a split screen feature. Some require you to switch back and forth between feeds instead of displaying both at once.
There are quite a few things to consider when shopping for a baby monitor, including a split screen monitor. We have outlined a few of the major considerations you won’t want to overlook.
There are various things your monitor can track and display, choose the level of monitoring that is appropriate for your family. If you’re confused on which type to get, you can read our video monitor vs audio monitor guide on deciding between an audio and a video monitoring device.
Also, you should consider how your monitor connects to the parent unit or your device. Some use the WiFi while others use Bluetooth, 5G, or data. Pick a device that works with your current household setup and connectivity.
Sound & Video Quality.
The quality of the sound and video is also important. You want to be able to hear and see your children. Pan, tilt and zoom are helpful features for getting a clear image. Most monitors today have clear sound quality but double-check the reviews for mention of static.
Screen size is a big deal when it comes to split-screen monitors. Because you are viewing two videos simultaneously, you will want a little bit wider screen. Too small of a screen means you won’t be able to make out either child clearly in the video.
Many parents predominantly use their monitors at night when their children are sleeping in their cribs in their rooms. Therefore, night vision is a necessity. Look for night vision that not only results in a sharp image but also isn’t intrusive to your sleeping baby.
As always, there are a variety of price points among the best split screen baby monitor options. Pick the dual video baby monitor that best suits your budget.
Alerts are a great feature of most monitors, they can let you know when your baby cries, moves out of a set “safe space”, or has an irregular breathing pattern. You can be alerted by a sound, the screen waking up from “sleep mode”, or even assigned colors. Review each monitor’s types of alerts and alert styles before making your pick.
Finally, you want to be the only one hearing and seeing your children. Make sure your best split screen baby monitor uses secure or encrypted data to keep your camera feed safe and secure.
First up is the DBPOWER Video Baby Monitor. This device is able to pair with up to four cameras, letting you watch the nursery, playroom, living room, and more all from a single parent unit. The 2.4 GHz FHSS is very secure and prevents frequent disconnections, giving you peace of mind.
A feeding alarm is another great feature that will alert you at your preference of 2 hours, 4 hours or 6 hours, so you have less chance of forgetting when it is time for a diaper change or a feeding. A reliable long range, night vision, two-way audio, lullabies, and remote pan-tilt-zoom round out the awesome offerings.
- Customizable reminder alerts
- Can pair with up to 4 cameras
- 2.4 GHz FHSS secure and stable connection
- 1000-foot range
- LED sound indicator lights
- Lost connection alarm is extremely loud and non-adjustable
- Grainy night vision
- 【Safer and More Stable Connection】 -- Advanced 2.4 GHz FHSS technology gives less disconnection experience when monitoring. 100% encryption technology protects your baby’s privacy and security.
- 【VOX Function】--The Monitor will sleep automatically to save power. Once the baby monitor detects your baby’s voice, the warning lights will be on and the screen will be activated. It extends the working time by this smart low-consumption technology.
- 【2-Way Audio & Lullabies】 -- Answering your baby in time when he needs you. You can tell bedtime story to comfort him to sleep even though you are not by his side. The five built-in lullabies of this video baby monitor will give your baby a tight sleep and sweet dream.
Next up is the iBaby Smart WiFi Baby Monitor M2C. This is a unique camera that pairs with an app on your smart device. When you pair more than one camera with the device you can choose to view in split screen mode or switch back and forth between watching each feed.
The camera has a flexible base that can sit on a hard surface, wrap around objects, or be mounted on a wall. It’s ideal for travel. It uses WiFi and military-grade security to safely connect to your iOS or Android device.
Multiple users can watch the feed and receive alerts about air quality, scent, temperature, sound, and even preset notifications like when it is time for a diaper change. This versatile camera even includes two-way talk, a moonlight projector, and a plethora of calming songs and stories.
- Ideal for travel
- Multiple users can watch/listen at the same time
- Customizable alarms, notifications, and presets
- Works with any iOS or Android device
- Military-grade security
- Some users report WiFi connectivity issues
- Portable Baby Monitor: The compact design of this baby monitor makes it easy to take with you. Visit your family or friends for the weekend with the peace of mind that you can watch your little one with the same baby monitor you use at home
- Flexible Base: The flexible monitor base is easy to manually position to any hard surface. The tube like structure can also be wall mounted or wrapped around objects like lamps. The package comes with a simple wall mount
- Multiple Users: You can invite multiple users, allowing your family members/friends to watch over your little one too. Set the baby monitor to private with the private button to exclude users
The Motorola MBP50-G2 Video Baby Monitor is a wonderful option for families who plan to expand. It works well with one camera but can be paired with additional cameras to monitor multiple feeds simultaneously.
You can either choose to watch one video feed, watch both feeds side by side, or use the patrol feature which automatically switches back and forth between cameras. The 5-inch parent unit offers crystal clear video, audio, and user-friendly controls.
You can keep track of the temperature, pan, tilt, or zoom the camera, or use the two-way talk feature. The 2.4Ghz secure connection works over your WiFi with minimal setup.
- Patrol feature automatically switches between camera
- Large 5” screen
- Alerts for temperature, sound, and out of range
- Long 1000 foot range
- Infrared HD night vision
- Short battery life (3 hours)
- Some parents report lullabies are too loud
- ✅ FULL ROOM COVERAGE - Our baby camera monitor comes with 2 portable cameras, which will give you a bird's eye view of the whole room. View both feeds at once with the split-screen viewing feature.
- ✅ REMOTE CAMERA CONTROL - Want to check on other areas of the baby's room? Easily adjust the viewing angle (pan, tilt, or zoom) of both cameras remotely via the handy parent unit.
- ✅ IMPRESSIVE DISPLAY - View a real-time video feed of your little one's room on the parent unit's 5" LCD color screen. Its infrared night vision feature gives you a clear video feed at night time.
The Babysense 4.3″ Split Screen Monitor is an easy way to watch both your children at once, displayed crisply on the 4.3” screen. The parent unit pairs with two cameras which means each room can be customized to play lullabies, use the two-way talk feature, or notify a parent regarding the room temperature.
The high-definition night vision gives you a clear picture no matter the hour. Should you be watching your child play in the room, the tilt, pan, and zoom allow you to effortlessly watch your child as they move about. The long battery life and 960 ft range are appreciated by busy parents.
- Camera can play lullabies or use two-way talk
- 960 ft range
- Pan, tilt, and 2x zoom enabled
- Auto infrared night vision
- Advanced notifications (high/low temps, out of range, low battery)
- Monitor has a short lifespan
- Eco-mode is very sensitive to sound
- HAVE A SENSE OF CALMNESS knowing your little angel is safe & sound with the 4.3” high quality SPLIT SCREEN DISPLAY and two PAN TILT ZOOM cameras. We remastered the classic baby monitor design and the latest 2.4GHz FHSS Technology for super-stable, HACK-FREE connection and supremely-detailed digital vision & sound.
- CALM, COMFORT & SING TO YOUR BABY with your own voice using the most advanced 2-way talk back communication technology. And when the baby can’t sleep or needs to be calm, you can make use of the built-in lullabies with white noise sounds. It’s a perfect match.
- WATCH YOUR BABY EVEN FROM OUTSIDE YOUR HOUSE as the baby monitor has ULTRA-LONG RANGE of up to 960 feet open space. When you get too far you’ll get notified by the out-of-range warning.
The VTech VM350-2 5″ Video Baby Monitor makes watching two different cameras a breeze. Choose which camera you want to view, look at both at once, or use patrol mode to automatically switch back and forth.
A nine-level sound indicator displays how loud the noise is in the room so you can see if your child is upset without having to turn the volume all the way up. Soothing sounds and an intercom allow you to comfort your child from afar.
And you can be truly afar, with this monitor’s 1000-foot range.
- Patrol mode automatically switches from camera to camera
- 9 level colorized sound indicator
- Cameras can play soothing sounds or be used as an intercom
- The colorized temperature indicator on parent unit
- Camera can use a stand or be wall mounted
- The camera must be manually adjusted
- Can only pair with up to two cameras
- 💖 5" High-resolution Display with 2 Cameras - Clearly see your baby's every little move while doing dishes or from your bed. The high resolution LCD screen shows images in full color by day, and greyscale infrared images at night, bright and clear without glare. And if you needs to see close up - the camera zooms 2x. Wtih 2 cameras, you can choose how you want to keep an eye on your family - single view, split-screen viewing or patrol mode.
- 💖 Best-in-class Battery Life and Range - With up to 12 hours of video streaming, up to 21 hours of audio-only monitoring, on a single charge, this system lets you monitor your baby throughout the night easily. The system's dependable long operation range up to 1,000 feet, lets you go about your day and stays connected with your baby from another room or even from the yard.
- 💖 Privacy Guaranteed. No Wi-Fi or App Pairing - Trusted by US families for more than 3 decades, each VTech monitor is transmitted via secured internal 2.4GHz channel with FHSS technology, so you can rest assured that you're the only one who can hear and see your baby.
The HeimVision HM132 Baby Monitor not only displays a view from two cameras clearly but also a variety of important readings. The easy to read header on the parent unit displays the volume, temperature, battery life, range, and more.
One-touch buttons on the side make navigating the monitor effortless in case you want to talk to your child or turn on a lullaby. The invisible LED night mode is designed to do so without waking up your child.
Parents will love that the VOX mode can be customized to turn on the parent unit with either a low, medium or high sound reading.
- Customizable VOX mode
- Vital displays header bar
- Easy to operate parent unit
- Invisible LED night vision won’t wake baby
- Includes interchangeable wide-angle lens
- Barrier-free 820 ft range
- Night mode image is a little grainy
No products found.
The Motorola Halo+ Video Baby Monitor makes watching two cameras a breeze with its split-screen viewing, but it also does so much more. The halo mounted camera can be positioned directly over your child’s crib for a clear birds-eye view.
At night, the halo has a 7-color night light built-in. It can also project a light show onto the ceiling, soothing your restless little one. The built-in sleep assistant monitors your child’s sleep habits and other vital baby statistics.
Additional features like two-way talk, infrared night vision, and the ability to pair with either an app or the parent unit make this an excellent smart camera.
- Can be used with device & app or the parent unit
- Halo camera has colorful night light and light show projection
- Hubble Baby Smart Assistant can keep track of baby’s sleep, eat, and changing habits
- Detachable camera for monitoring your child outside of the crib
- WiFi-enabled for on-the-go monitoring
- Halo camera must be mounted on long edge of a crib
- ✅ MONITOR FROM ANYWHERE - Our video monitor includes 2 Wi-Fi cameras that allow you to check on your kiddos, pets and other family members whether you're at work or in the kitchen or even if your family members are living outside of your home.
- ✅ CRISP & CLEAR DISPLAY - View a real-time video feed of your little one's room on the parent unit's 4.3" color screen. Its infrared night vision feature gives you a clear video feed at night time.
- ✅ STAY ON TOP OF BABY'S HEALTH - The Hubble Baby Smart Sleep Assistant keeps track of your baby's hours of sleep, as well as the number of feeding times, diaper changes, and pumping sessions.
Looking for a system that can monitor more than two cameras? The CasaCam BM200 Video Baby Monitor can expand up to four cameras. The split-screen on the large 5” monitor gives parents a great view of each child.
You can remotely tilt, angle, zoom, or pan the camera should your little one scoot out of sight. At night, you can soothe your child with your voice or play a lullaby, all without having to enter the room. The simple to navigate monitor is very user friendly and has six different language options!
- Can pair with up to four cameras
- Secure wireless FHSS connection for security
- Built-in nightlight
- Parent unit is touch screen enabled
- Has power save and audio-only modes
- Short battery life
- VOX mode is very sound sensitive
- Large 5” touchscreen full color LCD display with charging cradle, features user friendly interface in six languages, sound activated LED lights, temperature display with temperature range alert and power save and audio only modes.
- HD camera can be adjusted remotely to pan 270º and tilt 110º and includes a temperature sensor, nightlight and automatic night vision, two way audio, a choice of lullabies and a wall mounting bracket.
- Digital zoom allows for closer viewing. System is expandable up to 4 cameras.
The Moonybaby Split 55 Baby Monitor allows you to watch two rooms at once, side by side. The large 4.3-inch screen displays each video feed clearly, day or night thanks to the night vision.
It pairs with two cameras that each have a variety of features like the ability to play lullabies, two-way talk, pan, tilt, and zoom, and a wide-angle lens. On the parent monitor, you can set your own temperature alerts, and use the power-saving mode that only wakes up the monitor when a problem arises.
This is a hassle-free way to view both children in different rooms at the same time.
- Side by side display on large 4.3-inch screen
- Pan, tilt, 2x zoom, and wide-angle lens
- Two-way talk and lullaby playing capability
- Night vision
- 2.4Ghz interference-free signal (no WiFi needed)
- Only pairs with up to two cameras
- Must be re-synced if power is lost to the camera
- 【Split Screen & Audio for one chosen camera】: With split-screen, you can see two rooms or both children side by side; you won't miss any precious moments. The best is you also can choose one camera with audio in this mode.
- 【Remote Pan, Tilt, Zoom】 Use parent unit to control the camera to pan, tilt and zoom remotely, you could see your little one no matter where he/she is in the room.
- 【100% DIGITAL WIRELESS SECURED TECHNOLOGY】 ensures private and secure connection between the camera and the monitor. The 2.4Ghz interference-free signal works in home between rooms and upstairs/downstairs. No WIFI/INTERNET setup required.
The Kodak C520 WiFi Video Baby Monitor is designed to be mounted above the crib so you have a perfect and unobstructed view of your child or children should you be using the split-screen view. The cameras are compatible with the easy-to-use parent monitor or the app on your chosen device.
This way you can monitor your child 24/7 from anywhere. Should your child call out for you, you will receive a notification. However, this monitor includes movement detection notifications as well, which is an awesome advanced feature in addition to the standards like two-way talk, night vision, and cloud recording.
- Can pair with parent unit or app on device
- Sound and movement notifications
- Large 5” screen on parent unit
- Has both radio and WiFi connectivity
- Long battery life on parent unit
- No pan or tilt, only view is straight down
- Volume on parent unit only has four different levels
- The Kodak Cherish C520 was created with parents in mind. The "Highest Quality Picture" - Expert Reviews , will help you keep an eye on your little one and never missing a moment.
- TESTED AND APPROVED BY PARENTS AROUND THE WORLD: The Kodak Video Baby Monitor is chosen and approved by parents from around the world. Take comfort at night knowing your little one is safe and sound asleep.
- PARENT UNIT AND APP: Being a parent is hard yet rewarding, but making time for yourself is essential. Take a break while staying connected to your little one by using the Parent unit during the night, and Kodak Smart Home App while mastering the challenge of work-life balance.
The budget-friendly Campark Baby Monitor has a lot to offer without a high price tag. It can pair with up to two cameras, so when you’re ready to expand your family it is ready too! The LCD display provides a delightfully clear image either day or night.
When you’re not actively watching the screen you can place it in VOX mode to save battery. Should your little one need you the display will turn on and you will be alerted. From the parent unit you have a variety of options; talk to your baby, soothe your child with songs, or check the room temperature. No WiFi means a secure connection and a super simple setup!
- Can use the stand or the wall mount
- Customizable alarms
- Customizable VOX mode
- Long battery life
- Can only hear camera 1 on split-screen
- 820 ft barrier-free range
No products found.
If you’re on the hunt for a monitor that won’t mark up your walls, check out the Summer LookOut Duo 5” LCD Video Baby Monitor. This split screen baby monitor includes a presto no hole mount.
It attaches to your wall in just seconds without using tools or screws. Wherever you mount the camera, the digital zoom will ensure that you obtain a clear image. The automatic night vision keeps you in the know day or night, meaning you can quickly talk to your baby over the intercom should they awake in the dark.
The 1000-foot range allows you to travel into your yard while maintaining your view of your children. Should you want to expand the system this monitor is compatible with up to four cameras.
- Large 5 inch LCD display
- Compatible with up to 4 cameras
- Auto-scan setting automatically switches between cameras audio and video
- No-hole Presto wall mount
- Automatic power saver turns off-screen
- Temperature sensor is inaccurate
- ADDED PEACE OF MIND - When baby sleeps well, the whole family sleeps well! The Summer LookOut Duo 5” LCD Video Baby Monitor brings a greater level of safety & peace of mind right into the hands of parents, so everyone sleeps better.
- NO HOLE MOUNTING: Get the best view of your baby without damaging your freshly painted nursery wall. The LookOut Duo Baby Monitor with PrestoMount provides a no-hole, no tools, easy wall mounting solution.
- BETTER VIEW OF BABY – With two video cameras, you can easily monitor two rooms. These versatile cameras can be mounted on the wall, placed on dressers, or used on the go. Easily adjust it in any direction to get the perfect view of baby.
Going on a trip? Or just traveling throughout the rooms in your house? The Motorola MBP36XL Video Baby Monitor is optimized for portability. The portable and rechargeable cameras make it easy to watch your children wherever on the 5-inch LCD screen.
You can remotely tilt, pan, and zoom them so you always have the best picture. Expandable up to four cameras, there won’t be anywhere you can’t see. The 2.4 GHz wireless technology is secure and dependable up to 1000 feet of range.
- Cordless, rechargeable camera
- Long range
- 5” color screen
- Compatible with Hubble/Motorola app for iOS and Android
- Portable, good for travel
- Monitor and camera can take a long time to pair
- Short lifespan
- Parent unit features large 5” LCD color screen with LED sound level indicator and rechargeable battery with low battery alert
- Room temperature display, two-way communication, 5 soothing lullabies and split-screen viewing (requires additional camera MBP36XLBU, sold separately)
- Portable camera features rechargeable battery with remote pan, tilt and zoom, infrared night vision, high sensitivity microphone, and wireless technology - 2.4 GHz (for Local Viewing)
Finally, we have the AXVUE HD992 Video Baby Monitor which has an impressive battery life that is perfect for busy parents. This monitor will show you both cameras on the large 5-inch screen for up to 12 hours in regular mode or 15 hours in standby mode.
The anti-hack wireless transmission not only allows you to hear and see your children but also to communicate with them over the intercom feature. The parent monitor has one-click shortcut buttons so it is hassle-free to use, even during midnight hours.
- Anti-hack wireless connectivity
- Long battery life
- 1000 feet of range
- User-friendly parent monitor
- Enhanced camera lens for a clearer image
- Has trouble with dim light
- Cannot mute the cameras even if only viewing one
- [CRYSTAL & SHARP REAL TIME IMAGES] Equipped with 5 inch High Definition (HD) Screen and 2 HD Cameras.
- [SPLIT SCREEN] This feature allows user to view two different place with switching to disignated camera.
- [LONG RANGE & BATTERY LIFE] Up to 1000ft working Range, see everywhere within your house. Enhanced battery could provide 20 hours standby engergy.
While the monitors on this list each have advantages for particular families and situations, there can only be one winner. Our pick for the best split screen baby monitor is the Motorola Halo+ Video Baby Monitor.
When parents choose a baby monitor, they want one that will make it easy to watch and soothe their child. This monitor has a large screen, a great secure range, and numerous features.
It stands out from other monitors thanks to its habit tracking, its ability to pair with a parent unit or an app, and unique camera features like a light show projector. These qualities make it number one on our list.
Have something to say about our best split screen baby monitor picks? Tell us in the comments, and share this list out to those who may find the information useful!
Last update on 2021-10-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API